Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 07:27 AM   #31
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
Sorry things were such a disaster last night at the farm. Seems like change should happen now, one way or another.
Glad you resisted McDonalds.
Hope you have a good Sunday.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2014, 10:46 AM   #32
Big Yapper!

Gallery: CherylB
I will! God willing, I will. You do the same.
CherylB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 12:39 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
checking in - Hiya Cheryl!
We are going into winter as you start to sweat. Arg already not anticipating all that cold.
lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 04:31 PM   #34
Big Yapper!

What goes around, comes around. Why can't we all just live in a place like Hawaii? Sameness probably gets old but I'd like to experience that once in my life.

Not much to see right now. Went to work and had lots of help. Not a cloud in the sky, which I can't recall the last day I could say that. The horses were "naked" and just basking in the sun. Pretty calm, except for when the two boys would decide that their scapegoat paddock mate looked like he needed less hair on his butt.

Going to rest now. Maybe I'll bbl to chat.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:43 AM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Hope you got some rest. Today is a new day! Hope it's a great one for you!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #36
Big Yapper!

Thanks, Julie. You too.

Rain coming. Working either way. It's my Friday. Ttyl, ladies.
Old 04-08-2014, 03:35 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Good morning, Cheryl. Just got through reading your farm posts over on the horse thread. I think I must follow the story of your adventures and mis-adventures with the same sense of anticipation as readers followed fiction published serially in magazines before our time. I can't wait until the next episode is published. The drama of it all is enthralling.

Have an exciting day, or a peaceful one, whichever is best for you.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:42 AM   #38
Big Yapper!

Thank you, Lola. I do enjoy telling the stories. I just wish I could tell more like the one I had yesterday than the vast majority of the ones I tell which aren't so pleasant. Now I have been invited to attend a senior staff meeting on Wednesday morning. Those were always for the ex-manager, the director and the exec. director. I guess the morning girl and I (being the only ones left standing) are now "senior staff." I want to bang my head against the wall.

Well, so far the new thread hasn't done what I wanted it to so I must confess. I have discovered McDonald's dollar menu and it has become my late-night pit stop. I will break the habit this week cause I can't lose weight this way, nor can I put some money aside or pay off some bills. Must pay off some bills.

Have a lovely day. It's overcast here. No more rain, though.

Last edited by CherylB; 04-08-2014 at 09:45 AM..
Old 04-08-2014, 10:59 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
McDonalds is evil!!! Lol. I stay away from there as much as possible. It takes everything I have when I stop there to get Chloe or Dh something not to get myself a fish sandwich!

Have some guys here digging up our yard. We have a sewage line problem. Always something. ��

Chloe had me up at 5am so I'm very tired and it's hard not to eat when I'm like this. She went to sleep at 7 last night since she hadn't taken a nap. That's why she's been sleeping since noon. I'll definitely take a nap later.

Have to run! Bbl.

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS!

"He who the Son sets free is free indeed"

Tammy
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:26 AM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/132.8/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
Cheryl, are you eating low carb? I think that's what you had said? If so, you don't have to avoid McDonalds. I eat there about once a week, and I get the McDouble off the dollar menu, I just have them leave off the bun and the ketchup and they put it in a little salad bowl. I know it's not the same, but it's still a convenient and cheap meal when you don't feel like cooking. I usually get 2 of them, so I have dinner for under $3.
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #41
Big Yapper!

Yeah, it wouldn't be the same thing. I've been very bad and eating those things as they come. So, I had been intending to eat LC but I haven't started yet. I feel like such a phony for starting a new journal about not screwing around anymore and here I am on page #2 and haven't gotten off the ground yet.

Tammy, I love the fish sandwiches too but I've gotten to love those onion cheddar burgers on the dollar menu. YUM. And if you eat the fries before they've passed their life expectancy (which seems to be about 20 minutes), they're really good too.

I'll get it together but I may have to just count calories so I can eat regular food. I have to control portions if I'm going to keep the weight off once it finally IS off, so why not learn portion control now? Then it will be totally natural for me to do when I get to where I'm going.

So Mothergoose, I guess I'd have to say that I'm not doing LC right now. I am probably going to be taking the hhcg pellets and eating under 1000 calories a day. But don't hold me to that! You don't know me all that well. Trust me, I'm a reed blowing in the wind.
Old 04-08-2014, 12:01 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MtherGoos
Stats: 300.6/132.8/150
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 2/22/13
LOL! Cheryl, we've ALL been there! It's all about finding the path that works for you, and it seems to take us all a while to find just the right path.
MtherGoos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 12:13 PM   #43
Big Yapper!

Thanks!
Old 04-09-2014, 04:16 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lola001
Stats: 68.2/67.1/50
WOE: Atkins 72 post preggy
Start Date: begin 15 April 2009
Just jump in Cheryl- I love the clear head I have when I do LC- no more fogginess.

lola001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 12:19 PM   #45
Big Yapper!

Jump in? Hmmm... Not sure where I want to jump at the moment. I'm glad you feel so great on LC. I do too but it's so very hard to stick to, and when I go off plan, I usually go off for a long time and have trouble getting back into it. I have to do something that I can really and truly live with without having to feel I'm eating differently than the other people I'm eating with. Portion control and making smarter choices seems like a better way to go. That and adding in regular exercise.

If I end up quitting the farm job, I should try to make a weight loss plan out of eating ramen noodles for every meal.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:39 PM   #46
Big Yapper!

A little reality-check for accountability. This is me as of today at 230 lbs. No make-up, windy as hell and clearly not my best pose. But with Calvin looking so handsome, laying in the sun, we took the photo op.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Calvin and Me.jpg (38.3 KB, 31 views)
Old 04-09-2014, 12:55 PM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
If I end up quitting the farm job, I should try to make a weight loss plan out of eating ramen noodles for every meal.
Don't know how that would work out! Lol

I've lost some more and I just make better choices. Doing WW kicked things in for me. I'm glad I did that for a couple months. Now I track what I eat and calories. Varying the calories everyday but I figured without exercise I have to eat less than most people. And I found I can eat as much fresh fruit and vegetables I want. I drink a Lean Protein drink every day. And I eat carbs, but limit them. I'm so carb sensitive at my old age! Hehe. Do you eat much fruit? I love it.

Junk food is my down fall. But I've found Baked Lay's and they're good. If I can stay away from chocolate!
Old 04-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #48
Big Yapper!

You know what I was actually thinking of trying, since I'm so lazy and almost never cook and instead go for food that's already been prepared for me, is that I should allow myself to eat anything I want to, as long as I cooked it from scratch. No more drivethroughs or food delivered to my door. No more frozen just heat and eat food, or packaged just-boil-and-add-the-other-crap-in-the-box food. Just fresh ingredients, cooked by me, and keep the portions to something reasonable.

I'd lose a lot of weight that way. I don't enjoy cooking and all the clean-up afterward.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #49
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I would starve if I had to cook from scratch! Lol. Seriously, I wouldn't do it. Cooking is something I won't do every day.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:17 PM   #50
Big Yapper!

Well, that's not something I would do everyday either. But I do love leftovers so that would work well for me. Just cook in large batches and eat the same stuff for a couple of days. If it's still tasting good to me when I run out of leftovers, make the same thing again or try something else.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:19 PM   #51
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

My dd cooks for the week. She weighs all her food and puts it in baggies. Then just reheats it every day. It takes her like 2 hours on Sunday. On Sunday she wings it! Lol
Old 04-09-2014, 01:40 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Loved the photo of you with Calvin. Thanks for posting it, Cheryl.

I used to enjoy cooking but lost interest in it a few years back. Now my husband usually grills meat or chicken outdoors for himself while I make myself a simple LC meal on weeknights. On weekends he grills fish or steaks for both of us and we have that with green beans or broccoli or cauliflower or I'll make a salad. I do make breakfast and lunch for myself as well as dinner but I keep everything very simple, omelettes, canned tuna, a simple soup I make with meat or chicken and stock...maybe throw in some onion & garlic, celery etc or leftover veggies. I just discovered some wonderful hot ground sausage and browned a pound of it to eat just plain, put on top of my omelette or add to soup. Really yummy and so easy. I don't think 'cooking' needs be complicated or take a lot of time. Sometimes simple really is best.

Good luck with whatever plan you decide on Cheryl. I agree that we need to find something we can live with long term.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #53
Big Yapper!

Old 04-09-2014, 05:16 PM   #54
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: julieboolie
Stats: 272/152.4/155 Size 26/8/4-6 :)
WOE: one day at a time!!
Start Date: July 14, 2003 - every day!!
Cute pic with the horse! don't be so hard on yourself, we all have ups and downs, with life and our weight!! If you can find your motivation and will power, and stay out of the drivethru....you'll be at w good start.

The cooking from scratch thing is a great idea. The shopping is the key to that! If I've got good groceries on hand, dinner is easy! Make chicken Alfredo for the family tonight...frozen chicken breast w. Alfredo sauce poured over, baked in oven. Meanwhile I'll boil water and cook them some spaghetti and voila! Bag of salad, or fresh, and dinner is served. They love it! (When I'm eating LC, I'll add broc for me and just skip the pasta).

I'm all about easy meals. I freeze the leftovers after the second day, in single serve portions, then I can pull and eat a meal really easily.

Good luck Hun! You can do it!
julieboolie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 05:20 PM   #55
Big Yapper!

Thanks ladies. I can always count on your support and it means a lot. I want to make you proud! Help me, Lord. It used to be so easy. Pick me up and shake me! Shake off the dust and scrape off the moss. I need to get back on track.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:30 AM   #56
Big Yapper!

I went ahead and did it. I resigned. I sent the email off about 10 minutes ago. I had written it within the last week but kept it as a draft in my email with no email address so it couldn't accidentally be sent until and IF I was ready to do it. I just can't shake the sadness that I feel. Not from resigning but from how the farm has just become a place of discontent and the spirit of it is no longer what it once was.

I didn't burn any bridges and I said I was resigning for health reasons. This is absolutely true because my disability is anxiety. Sort of a PTSD. I can never get my health back and my weight down if I'm always in a state of unhappiness. I know living on just my disability income again will be very hard but I can do it if I cut back on expenses and stop the habit of regular drinking and eating fast foods all the time.

I've missed being free from work and all entanglements. There is peace to be found and I need it more than I need money. I hope they will allow me to continue to volunteer there. I wrote the email in such a way that I hope they will not bare me from the facility but even if they do, I'll find another place where I can get my horse fixes.

Please just pray that the door stays open for me there. If you feel I've made a mistake, PLEASE keep it to yourself. I can't take hearing anything like that. I have "analysis paralysis" and I find making decisions very hard. Sometimes I stay "on the fence" for ages and it has to come down to just doing it (like Nike says.) So, I just did it. This way, I'm giving them more than 2 weeks notice and I'm out of there before the nightmare of program begins. (Therapeutic riding.)

I texted the morning girl (Kelsea) to let her know and I apologized to her for resigning. I can't imagine how this will weigh on her. I know we were both wanting to leave but she was more in need of the money than I was. I wanted her to hear it from me and just asked that she keep it to herself until she was sure the boss had gotten my email.

I texted the boss earlier to let her know that one of the girls who volunteers every Sunday pm with her mother was interested in taking Doug's position. We talked about offering a volunteer the job just at the meeting yesterday, so I know she liked the idea and wanted Kelsea and I to come up with a list of the best volunteers so we could speak with each one. But I asked this girl on FB in a message and she is so excited. So I thought I was doing a good thing, but once again, the boss is at odds with me.

She just texted me: (She hasn't read my email yet) Hi, Cheryl. I had said I would tell you next week if I would be hiring someone else. (Lie, lie, lie.) I hired (blank) yesterday. I will get in touch with (blank) later today when I am at the farm.

I'm so glad I won't have to deal with her crap anymore. Each fraction of an hour that passes, I feel more at peace with my decision. Time will tell if I'm still going to be welcome there. If not, I already have a lead on another horse farm that someone told me about. Just to volunteer, not work. Although, depending on many factors, maybe I'd consider taking another horse farm job if it was offered to me.

So, that's it. No more horse stories from Cheryl, if the boss closes the door. It's sad but I had to do it. And now was the ideal time.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:17 AM   #57
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: DebbyL
Stats: 168/130/128
WOE: Maintenance
Start Date: WtLoss->Sept11-Oct12->Maint.
DebbyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:54 AM   #58
Big Yapper!

Boy, did I need that. Thank you, Deb.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:15 PM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cheryl I know you did the best going for you. I was wondering how long it was going to take you til you finally said "enough". I really feel there's something more and better for you. I know you are going to feel so much better now. The stress will be gone and you can enjoy life again.

Guess what? I had a huge drop in weight this morning!!! I weighed 3 times because I didn't believe it. Lol. I completely skipped the 7's! I went from 208.1 to 206.5!!! Amazing!

Just got back from Olive Garden (Chloe calls it Olive's Garden!) and Menchie's. I got soup and salad and two chicken meatballs and Menchie's is a frozen yogurt place. I got Dolce Le Leche and cheesecake flavored yogurt and put some Oreo pieces, white chocolate chips and cherries on it. Mmmm! That place is great! I will barely eat anything else today. I'm stuffed!

What ya gonna do today? It's 70* here and the sun is nice and warm. Wish I could walk, I'd take Chloe uptown.
Old 04-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #60
Big Yapper!

That's so great, Tammy. So nice to get something you weren't expecting on the scale. Well, depending on which direction it went. The frozen yogurt place sounds so good.

It's 60 here today but it's been super windy. I spend so much time out in the wind at the farm that I have no desire to go out when I don't have to when it's windy. After a while of not going to the farm, I guess I'll get over that. But today I just spent it reworking my budget, texting people about my resignation, etc. I still haven't heard from the morning farm girl. I know her heart must be nearly as broken as mine is.

I know I'm going to totally break down in tears when the boss calls me and we speak about this for the first time. I'm so on the verge of a panic attack and even now I have tears welling up in my eyes. I hold it in and then I get a throbbing sensation in my nose, which I don't think I've ever experienced before. I hope I don't have an aneurism or something. I need to learn to let the tears just flow. The time for holding my feelings in has to end.

If I get some wine, I'm sure I can get it all out of me tonight. Wine makes me weepy. (I think the reason why I don't cry easily is that I'm taking two antidepressants.) My days of "excess" of spending money on anything other than the rent is ALSO something that has to come to an end.

Enough of that for now. I'll bbl and tell you anything that develops. Please pray for me. I really need it.