Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2014, 09:56 AM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Hey RG! I lost track of you and when I saw you post on another journal was so glad to get caught back up here on your journal.

Atkins 72 is such a great program! I'm glad you are doing it. I just came off a month break from JUDDD and I did basically Atkins 72. My body needed a break, and I just love LC food so much. It was heaven!

I'm also glad you're enjoying Callanetics. I love it too! Boy, it sure has made a huge difference in my muscle tone, strength, and I think my stamina too. I know what you mean about not being able to do some of the positions. I couldn't either when I first started, both due to muscle weakness, but also my body size wouldn't allow some. That will change, I promise!

Good luck to you and your mom. It sounds like you're both doing great! And you will be telling us you're under 300 before you know it. I've been there and done that, and it is so worth it! I'm cheering you on!!!!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-2014, 10:13 AM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Hi!!!
Great to see you again, yes one thing led to another...and next thing you know, no more JUDDD
going off sugar and grains, best thing I could of EVER done.
Yeah getting under 300 been a goal for years,this time (in my best George Lopez voice) I GOT THIS

mom is down 9 woooooootwooo
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
You will do it this time. If you fall down, you just get back up again.

I had a higher carb than usual weekend. Ate coconut flour and sf sweets.
This AM I ate my OMM with some sf maple syrup and butter and a spot of coffee. Going to go for a walk with the kids today - its beautiful out!

Have a great day Repto!
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:30 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Yes I will do it this time, trying not to "focus" on scale numbers, because I understand about the water in our fat cells and such that makes us think we aren't losing, but that 299 is like a milestone, it's always been a brick wall in my head, this time I am busting that wall down. If the Berlin Wall came down than mine will too!

It is rainy today and gloomy, actually kinda my type of day..although I would prefer for it to be a tad bit warmer...after the long winter we had anything beats the snow and the negative temps....so no complaints!

I will do my Callanetics today, my legs are still sore, which is funny because I am pretty sure the exercises involving the legs are the ones I struggled with the most, because of my stomach getting in the way, regardless I will do what I can.
Old 04-07-2014, 06:41 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Still haven't done Callanetics for day ended up going to bible study, I am tired right now, and craving spaghetti os of all the nasty things to crave, didn't like them before...just cause my sister ate a can, it was the smell of tomato(more like a tomato like substance) I will get over it, today has been a day that I am definitely hungrier than I have been, thought about tuna but not enough mayo...another trip to the darn store jeez..maybe tomorrow I will go..might just stretch out of couch for awhile...I think the cold rain has got to me.
I shouldn't physically be hungry i have ate , and just popped a few deviled eggs in my mouth as well
Guess everyone has days that they aren't at the top of their game..means tomorrow should be better
Old 04-08-2014, 12:07 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

I ended up with nearly a 3 hour nap, still don't feel right, a little bit dizzy, and just out of it. When I woke up I managed to scrape enough mayo to eat a can of tuna, as I'm writing this I got to thinking I had a couple of days where I didn't drink coffee til the evening, maybe my body is bad that it didn't get afternoon coffee even though it had morning coffee. Maybe I will have a cup, tonight I have to get the trash out and dumpsters moved to street, so regardless of energy or not that has to be done!!!! Bummed because I really wanted to do my exercise today, physically I just don't have it in me I really really want to get all the hours in I can before July, I have 3 huge events July 15th for a week, and then the first weekend of august, and then august 16th. All requires being out in heat, so I have to have less insulation lol!!! Okay typing on my phone and I don't like it, gonna have some coffee
Old 04-08-2014, 04:19 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

The coffee did the trick, I was able to take all the trash out, move dumpsters, sweep the kitchen, and did the pm Callanetics, I am ready for bed now..I didn't think I could handle the full version..I did notice while still some I can't do, I was looser and I swear my inner thighs are less fatty, I am proud of myself that I did something if only the pm, still a half session..and so far I liked it better than 10/10, will have to see what the am is like. Well it is bedtime @ 7am for this girl, sure I will be up for a few more hours I know how my mind is
Old 04-08-2014, 08:43 AM   #38
Big Yapper!!!!

Good for you for getting all that done! Yep, we all have better days and worse days. That's for sure.

I bet your thighs are already firming up along with the rest of you. Those images on the 10 in 10 video of the changes in her students are hokey, but pretty amazing. I like her comment that with Callanetics we don't need cosmetic surgery. Sounds good to me! Aren't those hip rotations and the one after it a b***h??? Those kill me! But I finally am able to do them. It took a long time. I still don't think my form is perfect, but I'm getting closer.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:27 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Most everything on her program is a ******-besides those neck stretches-I am a rockstar on those, If I raise my legs I can't grab my thighs...I can barely keep my legs up..and then add pulses to that..yikes lol

Today's menu
Porksteak
Deviled eggs -maybe 2
Around an ounce of cheese

I am yawning a lot really hoping I can pass out..
I weigh when I wake up, excited and nervous
Old 04-09-2014, 09:15 AM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Everything except the neck stretches! So true! You know, I never lift myself up into the ab "crunches" like she describes. It seems like a lot of wasted time and kind of hurts too. I just lift straight into position and start pulsing, and I've been a lot happier since I started doing that.

Ooh, good luck on your weigh in this morning! I'll bet you'll be pleased!
Old 04-09-2014, 09:43 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Yeah, thats how I do the ab pulses too, Carol. I have definitely noticed ab muscles I didn't notice before!
Repto - I saw your weight! You are down 9 pounds!! That is so awesome. Imagine next month with callanetics and are way of eating - I bet you'll be down a pants size atleast.
Awesome deal. <3

If you are more hungry than your daily menu - I say 'eat!'. Thats what advice was given to me.

I'm going to miss my Dr. appt probably. We blew a hose in our car, and the bus would put me in town right at the time of my apt. I'd still have 6 blocks to walk.
So, going to miss my apt. Its almost 10, bus comes at 5 after and my apt is at 11.

I better go call in.
Have a great day!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:58 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah I eat enough to not be hungry, I just don't have the desire to eat unless I am hungry, which is amazing!i used to be one of those that constantly ate, through out the whole day, well actually would take me hours to eat once I woke up but once I started it was like releasing a hoard of minions in our kitchen lol, or maybe Taz from looney tunes.
Sorry about the car problems, that is rough, so I take it you only weigh in @ the dr office..

Sometimes with those leg ones I just focus on keeping my leg up in air, I figure the rest will come in time, regardless it's still working the muscles and making me stronger and healthier

Thanks I am happy with 9 lbs down, I guess I lose just a wee slower than my mom, I am about 80 pounds more than her, 30 years younger, and started a day before her on plan, I mean it's not a significant difference, less than a half pound, she is down 9.4. None the less I am proud of both of us
Old 04-10-2014, 08:23 AM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Yesterday just a busy day for sure, I was due for Callanetics but it did not happen, I didn't eat til late and then went to bed early(for me)

I see improvements in moms health everyday, she climbed stairs yesterday at a house we were looking at, wasn't wheezing etc...that's a first. Breathing medication is way down, off of her diabetes meds 2 pills and insulin.

Supposed to be a beautiful day high of 70
Old 04-11-2014, 11:55 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Wow I don't even know where to begin...last post I mentioned that we had went to look at house on Wednesday. Today is Friday papers are signed as soon as it "closes" it's ours. Paid in full!!!!! No more paying rent! Or having to worry about a landlord wanting in etc.. It is going to take an incredible amount of work, first off the owners moved to fl, left a ton of stuff, it was broke into stuff just scattered etc..some bigger things have to be done, the clean up(which we will do ourself) there are a few antique piecesof furniture..truth be told so much junk we couldn't even see all the rooms, so we don't know what we might find. Will probably have some busted water pipes, due to the incredible cold winter we had, there are old oil tanks in basement that will have to be cut up to be removed, electric we are unsure of, wires were cut at breaker but all of it seems intact. Probably needs a new water heater, but on the plus side it's big enough for all of us, has a newer roof, gutters, and furnace .
We have been trying since last fall to find a house every time we got close it failed, just kept praying and trusting god, and I believe this is where god wants us to be, and things will fall together and the work will be done and not as expensive as I'm thinking.

So if I start to not be around much this is why, once we get the keys we are going to be busy!

I will just have to keep super quick food options around, even if I have to go with lunch meat for awhile, that would be better than going off plan,

God is awesome, and if anyone reading is a praying person, we could use some prayers while we take on all this.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:38 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Congratulations on the house, RG! How very exciting! And you know what? All that busy-ness cleaning it up and getting moved will be tons of exercise, and will keep you away from snacking too. I'll bet the pounds start melting off of you!
Old 04-14-2014, 12:43 AM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Tomorrow I weigh in, guess it officially is tomorrow, but won't be until I wake up , I made a boo boo , I took a peek at the scale, did not like what I saw, of course it was mid day and didn't mean anything, but I was still wishing that I had a big enough loss that I would still seen less midday than 5 days ago, nope there was a gain. I know I am in ketosis, I got that dry, nasty taste mouth, and my urine smells like cat pee, I do eat a lot of salt and i don't drink enough water, and like I have pounded(no pun intended) in my head that number doesn't matter as much as inches. I have not done anymore Callanetics and I know I need to, parts of my body feel so good afterwards, other parts not so much lol, I might once again, just do the ones I know from memory, just so I am doing something! , been trying to pack and sort my bedroom, and some of my sisters, feel like I haven't made much of a dent, we have so much stuff, good news today started week 3 for me!
Old 04-14-2014, 07:37 AM   #47
Big Yapper!!!!

Remember that all your activity - not just the Callanetics but the packing & related stress is most certainly causing you to retain a lot of water. No worries!
Old 04-14-2014, 10:21 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

It isn't a defeat RG. You are certainly slimmer than 2 weeks ago. Don't get discouraged. You are my weight loss buddy.

Congratulations on the house!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:22 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Oh no not at all a defeat I was down exactly 2 pounds today, I would of liked more but 11 pounds in 15 days is great and I am pleased with my progress. I have less muffin top going on, I can really tell because it makes my boobs look bigger haha... I have always said though if I wasn't fat I would probably be flat chested, for being a big girl I don't have much up there, at least not compared to other large ppl, ppl just store fat different, my friend was 100 pounds more than me, and didn't have much back fat, me on the other hand, I have a ton of back fat, more in the back than the front, will be nice getting rid of some of that!!! I also have really thick fat legs, no one else in my family has that, on either side, maybe the only place my body doesn't store fat was my boobs haha

I am super tired today, weather had been so nice, now snow tonight. I might plop down on couch because I just don't feel like doing anything.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:38 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

I've been lazy, some days all I want to do is write on here, other days not so much, I think I slept the majority of two days away...don't know what my deal is, I blame it on the weather, but I have some other theories one is cheese, maybe I should not be eating it, although I don't go over the allowed amount, another is salt, I was at first hitting the pork rinds heavy and recently haven't wanted any, I have read that salt can help when you are feeling lousy, hoping it was a lack of salt, and not some stupid dairy intolerance,

We are patiently(trying) waiting for the house to close, just exciting to get started in there, it will be quite awhile before we could move in, but we want those keys in our hands

Tomorrow is moms birthday, she was bummed knowing she couldn't have the poison and toxics that are generally consumed to celebrate growing older...so we are going to attempt the root beer float, which is a tablespoon of hwc, diet root beer, and ice...I hope it's good

Got to see an old friend last night, been over 10 years, husbands a truck driver and they ended up here over night parked, so spent a few hours with her hanging out at truck stop, we went to the Denny's to get a drink and just chat, drank 2 teas sweeten with sweet n low, I think each sweet n low is a carb, so 4 carbs there....it was so good too, I don't like regular diet coke only the flavored..and black coffee just doesn't do it for me..it was so nice seeing her and getting to hear of her travels, made me miss my younger days and the way I used to dream of getting to travel places, hopefully her path will cross this way again soon.

I have been playing with the idea just to keep things from getting boring(more boring) my normal atkins 72 induction 6 days a week and then one day a week, have something that is still low carb friendly just not induction friendly, like I think we are gonna do ribs and sauerkraut, I will make sure the sauerkraut has no added sugar, and will mainly have it in there for the flavor..or one week might be a low carb pizza, no crust or sauce, but could have some onions and mushrooms on it...would be more like a pizza casserole, it would give me something to look forward to, the ppl on the 72 induction thread thought it wasn't a good idea that one day would turn into 2 etc...but I can't eat the same thing day in and day out, there has been days where I couldn't stand anymore meat in my mouth I would just have to spit it out gross I know...I understand their concern it is a valid one, but I am in a funk and I think this could give me an edge...besides this is a lifestyle change so to do be in it for the long haul gotta have options , and I think with mom on this journey with me I am not going to go wild and get off track, it is too important for her health, the last couple of days she has been bouncing a little here and there on scale, but had .4 drop this morning..and she knows it's not a matter of the scale but still frustrating haha..she is at her lowest this morning it was 248.6 I believe, my next weigh in is on Saturday, I would love for it to be under the 320s, but if not this time hopefully the next. I know I am doing good things for my body, and you change from the inside out.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:01 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Hi Repto -
Happy Early Birthday to your Mom

I realized I couldn't do Atkins 72 fairly quickly. Maybe short term, but I didn't want something I could fall off of and get discouraged with. I want something more workable. Ok, so maybe doing it this way I won't lose 100 pounds in 9 months - but I know the likelihood I would lose that 100 pounds was slim to none anyways if I didn't get something I was on board with.

So here is my eating plan now:
JUDDD style - I have an 'up day' where I eat whatever I want, and a 'down' day where I keep it at 500 calories but am allowed unlimited raw/cooked in water greens and bone broth. Those days are hard, but not too hard. I did cheat a little yesterday, but I stayed on track.

I am still SF and Bread/rice/pasta/potato free. I have had a couple baby carrots in my mixed veggies.
On my updays anything I want as long as it is low carb, sugarfree.. but also I eat fruit. Ate half an apple, 1/3 of a banana, and some pieces of cantelope today...

Drinking water, Crystal light, tea, coffee...

I feel great I look forward to eating (no way would I on Atkins 72 or even Atkins NDR) and I feel smaller and healthier.

Anyways, just wanted to share this. Don't get frustrated - keep positive. You're doing it, you just got to find your groove.
Old 04-17-2014, 01:14 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

I did JUDDD for awhile last year, but got off track, but I wasn't doing it sugar free or grain free, just gluten free.

I think I can do 72 long term, as long as I can find different receipes and such, made the rootbeer floats they were delicious just a tablespoon of hwc and diet root beer
And fixed big omelettes with ham, real bacon bits, cheese, and banana pepper rings...so good. We went to store and got ribs so we will be having moms bday dinner.

I love not wanting to eat, I don't get hungry often I don't have a desire to snack

I am glad you found something you can work with!!!! And staying away from those grains and refined sugars is the best thing a person could do to improve their health!!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:13 AM   #53
Big Yapper!!!!

Those floats sound really good! I'll have to try that some time. I've also heard about people making an orange soda/hwc "creamsicle" drink. I've never tried it, but it sounds gooood. Hmm, I may have to look for diet orange soda soon. It's getting hot here and it would be such a nice, refreshing dessert!

Happy Bday to Mama! You must be so proud of her losing this weight, and she must be so proud of you! I have loved losing with my own mom. Ribs sounds delicious!
Old 04-17-2014, 09:52 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Repto- so glad to hear Pinterest has a lot of great recipes also! <3
Old 04-17-2014, 03:19 PM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah I think Pinterest is where I got the idea, and yeah I heard to try it with the orange flavor too, I am on Pinterest quite a lot either trying to find recipes or trying to figure out paint colors or a way to decorate our new house( which we should have middle of next week)

Yeah can't lie I am looking forward to dinner tonight! Great to have something different
Old 04-19-2014, 12:08 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Today made day 20 for me, and I will weigh in when I wake up, right now I have some revolutionary rolls in the oven, I did the mayo substitute bc I didn't want to add carbs, I hope they are decent, seems like some ppl love them, and other ppl not so much, been wanting some bread dipped in butter and obviously that is out of the question

Not expecting much on scale, I have been sneaking some peaks I just couldn't resist, and so far it hasn't moved, I'm still in ketosis and by the way my back hurts I think I am about ready for TOM, 2 weeks early but I think very soon! Ugh...which at least that would justify a non moving scale
Old 04-19-2014, 02:10 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Let me know how you like the rolls. I really liked the OMM better than the rolls, but it could be I messed up.
Old 04-19-2014, 07:46 AM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

I got my orange soda yesterday! Really looking forward to that treat!

How were the rolls? I have pretty much given up making a bunch of special LC recipes and substitutions. I know I should experiment more with it, but I love cooking so much and I've had some real LC disappointments. So I'll be interested to hear how they came out.

How was Mom's birthday?
Old 04-19-2014, 10:36 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

They weren't too bad, but what made them really good was when I added some parm cheese to the melted butter, now that was tasty!!! we ate them all last night hehe, will probably make more today, if I had garlic powder I would add that in to the mixture, and some cheese , and go for a cheddar garlic biscuit type, but today I might wait til they are almost done take them out, sprinkle some cheese and pop them back into oven for a little longer...actually I will probably make a plain batch and then a doctored up batch, in case my mom don't like my concoction
Old 04-19-2014, 11:53 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Moms birthday, could of been better, my grandma lives with us and was so mean, meaner than normal even...never get along great, but it's been even worse than normal here the past few days

Let me know how you like the creamsicle, mom had a good idea-if we can find our old Popsicle molds, freeze up some of that cremesicle goodness

My sister is in the mood to pack some in her bedroom(unless she changes her mind) pretty sad when u have so much extra crap that u can pack so much away and know that u aren't going to need it for months until you get moved, I have been working a lot in my room and still don't have it done-such a slow process! But I am getting close and getting rid of junk as I go along, got quite a bit ready for a rummage sale my friend is having next month, I dread getting started in what I will just call the eBay room!!! We buy and resell etc...and with the harsh winter I wasn't wanting to get out to post office, so ugh!!!so much stuff!!!! I will just take it one room at a time and try not to flip out