LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Jesika1208
Stats: 228/222/130
WOE: Atikins
Start Date: March 17, 2014
Jesi's Journal

The whole month of March has been just one big wake up call for me. I order a scale at the beginning of the month, and almost screamed when I realized I weighed 228 pounds. It just really showed me just how unhealthy I had been the past 3 years of my life, and I'm done with it! I started the Atkins diet on March 17. On March 19 I weighed 227.6 and on the 21st I weighed 222.2. I was off to an awesome start. I ate eggs and bacon/sausage for breakfast. Had a turkey roll up and pork rinds for lunch, and some type of meat with green beans or broccoli for dinner. The 22nd I bought Atkins shakes and bars and my weight has been pretty much stalled since then. Today I gave in and had a big mac bad choice. From the way my stomach is acting my body really HAS changed. So, starting tomorrow, I am buckling down, no shakes, no bars, no big macs! I am kind of glad I gave in because it just goes to show how use to feeling horrible I was a week and a half ago. Now, sitting here looking at my chart of daily weigh ins and my belly and waist measurements, I'm seeing that even though my weight maybe hasn't done what I wanted, my belly is down from 49" to 41". I guess I just need to realize this is not a quick and short journey, rather a slow and long one, that will definitely be worth it in the end.

My current weight 3/26/14: 224.2 lbs
My goal weight: 130 lbs
My first mini goal: 200 lbs by the beginning of May

Advice and comments are welcomed to my journal, and I hope to get some
Jesika1208 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2014, 06:11 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Jesika...Remember this is a journey that does take time but as you travel down the road each day you will see the finish line...sometimes you have good days and some are not but you can do this....I am going to do this too....I weigh each day but I only mark down the days I lose on my calendar right here by my laptop...I don't do inductions or eat Atkins foods ...just fresh foods and for me I don't eat after 5:30 PM....I just started that on the first day and it clicked with me and I have not stopped it each day...As I say I am ready if I was to need that snack at night...or even a snack period but I haven't yet....If I have that ....I don't call it cheat meal or snack ...I call it my free meal or snack that is not LC...I just get on board again the very next meal...I don't worry about it.... I drink lots tea with sweet and low...don't tell lol...and I drink Walmart flavored waters for I am not a good water girl...I drink a vanilla zero coke if I really want something sweet...I stay low cal.and low carbs and I don't even know it lol....So you can do this...you have to set your goals and find what works for just you..... DON'T Let them scales own you...

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 216 214 212 210 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-26-2014 at 06:16 PM..
ladyinlove56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 06:26 PM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Landyinlove- thank you sooo much for that I drink tea and pepsi max, but I drank those before Atkins so its easy for me with beverages. Now for the food lol!
Old 03-27-2014, 04:29 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Today I felt really good about myself When I woke I weighed myself, I was 222.8! Which felt really good since I slipped yesterday Today I had 4 eggs with ricotta cheese and 3 pieces of bacon (yuuuummm) At lunch I had an Atkins peanut cluster bar, soo good, it is just like a pay day <3 and for dinner I made hamburgers and green beans, and a side of cottage cheese. Which means I had 34 carbs today. Not horrible, but not great...certainly not as good as I had hoped to do when I woke up :/ Annnd....I had ice cream....but I'm blaming my husband because he knows I'm on a diet and he still bought it...but really I just really wanted something sweet.. I'm a horrible personnn!!!! It wasn't all that great though..and now I feel sick...it's like my body knows I did wrong and now I'm being punished :/

My husband "says" Monday he will start dieting, which means there won't be temptations in my house for me to slip up with. I'm hoping he follows through, it would certainly be easier for me to stay dedicated to weight loss..Hopefully there will be NO slip ups tomorrow, because I just found out my favorite shirt doesn't fit me any more, not cool. I love that shirt and if I can wear it I'll simply die!

My current weight 3/27/14: 222.8 lbs

Old 03-27-2014, 05:13 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Remember how many carbs you use to have when you were gaining...that is what I think about...sometimes I am very low carb and then others a little higher up... My DH is losing weight with me but some higher carb foods I don't eat...like fruits...He loves ice cream so he is not having it right now...but if he did I would buy the low carb kind...He loves M&Ms so I bought him some Atkins LC ones the other day...I don't ever buy atkins stuff much but it will help him when he needs a little something sweet...I drink Walmart flavored water when I just really need a sweet taste...works for me...I am not a water drinker...I love my ice tea all day...
Just remember to not give up...start over...and over if you have tooooo
I am glad that my DH is losing with me but I want this for me.....You have to mentally want this for yourself before you can help others...
ladyinlove56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

My current weight 3/27/14: 224.0 lbs

So today was pretty good. I thought I did very well..up until my husband suggested we go out for dinner. although I had some cheese sticks and pasta I did eat a salad before hand, so not awful..well kind of. today I clean up my kitchen there is nothing with over 2 carbs in there now. I found some really awesome meal plans that I think I'm going to shop for tomorrow. I'm pretty excited to stick to a meal plan they all sounds super yummy. Monday the weather is supposed to actually warm up and stay warm so walking is definitely in! I'm thinking with my husband dieting with me, walking, and having no carbs in the house I cannot go wrong. I am so ready for change even though that pasta was pretty amazing!
Old 03-29-2014, 06:12 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Aside from my 70 carbs for breakfast I have done fairly well today. For lunch I had some yogurt, strawberries, and almonds. For dinner I had chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and ricotta with a side of sauteed spinach and mushrooms. I'm expecting the end of March will be very up and down, but I'm looking forward to hitting my mini goal by May. April sounds promising to me right now, so I will try to hold onto that promise for as long as I can. All these slip up just make me feel like a failure. From my start day to today I have lost 4 pounds. I know I could have lost more, just the fact that I have actually gone down at all is enough. I think it is only fair that I give low carb a whole month, because I know that by May I can be down, maybe not to 200, but at least to maybe 215, I won't change my mini goal because I know keeping it will make me work harder. I know I can lose this weight. Besides, I went shopping today and there is not a single thing i could cheat with, unless I feel like eating an entire jar of peanut butter, or an entire container of yogurt, which I hope it does not come to that lol. I've decided that I am going to buy a pair of jeans that are a size 10, 6 sizes below my current size. When I fit into them I will then buy a size 8, because that is the smallest I have ever been. I'm not looking to be super skinny on this diet. I jut want my old body back, and if I accomplish more, then that's fantastic, but right now I'd be content with my old body and my old clothes.

My current weight 3/29/14: 223.2 lbs

Last edited by Jesika1208; 03-29-2014 at 06:14 PM..
Old 04-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

After a little time away, I am actually DOWN! I'm so stinkin excited! After being stalled at 222 for pretty much all of march it is finally down!! Which is fantastic because I have to admit I have not been very strict on my diet. I've been eating just two times a day, on high carb meal and a low carb one...been too lazy to cook...BUT seeing that number motivates me! I am so excited to get down into the teens! My 200lbs by May just might actually happen. I will definitely be working hard this month!!

My current weight 4/02/14: 220.4 lbs

Last edited by Jesika1208; 04-02-2014 at 10:10 AM..
Old 04-02-2014, 04:57 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I have a major sweet tooth as well. MAJOR. So, I learned some very helpful recipes to crave that sweet tooth and still stay within my boundaries of low carb.

FAST sweet tooth craving....

1 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
2 tsp splenda
STIR, STIR, STIR...within one minute it turns magically into a pudding!! I put it into a little custard cup. It is one serving, and trust me with as rich and delicious it is, it feeds that craving quickly. 4 carbs. If you can handle a waiting period, toss it into the freezer and have it in an hour as an ice cream treat!! Trust me, this works.

Another go to for me are cream cheese muffins. YUM>

2 8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c splenda
1/2 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
Microwave the cream cheese for about 30 seconds so it is a little softer. In a mixer, combine the splenda, vanilla, cream cheese and eggs. Put into paper lined cupcake pan (I spray the inside of the liners with Pam) Bake at 350 for 18 minutes. Take out and let them cool. (They will sink in the center). Put in fridge in a gallon sized bag and let chill for a few hours. MINI CHEESECAKES. yes. approximately 1 carb per cupcake!!! AND...I have done other things, used lemon extract and a little lemon zest, etc. These take more time to make, but you get 12 whole muffins in one batch!!!! (Sometimes I fill the sunken middle with a 1/4 tsp sf jam or even a squirt of redi whip right before I eat it)

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...eightress.html

Last edited by greengeeny; 04-02-2014 at 04:59 PM..
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:02 PM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
As a treat, not a normal, you should try dreamfields pasta as well. Measure it carefully and cook it with a timer. TASTES amazing. Fills me up more than regular pasta ever did.
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote