LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2014, 03:25 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KimKS
Stats: 242/181.4/145 (5'10")
WOE: Hcg/now JUDDD
Start Date: May 2012/Mar 2014
Kim's JUDDD Journal

I started JUDDD on 3/3/14. I realized today that it would be nice to have a record of the journey I'm on, so here I am.

Over the past 2 years I have lost about 40 lbs. by taking hcg injections. I ended my last round in February and decided to try JUDDD to continue losing. I've done some IF before (16:8) but this is the first time I've tried every other day fasting. I am really enjoying it! So far I've lost about 3 pounds in 3 weeks. I'm hoping that "JUDDD magic" kicks in soon and my losses pick up, but even if they don't, I think this is something I can stick with. After the limited diet of hcg, this WOE feels great! Just knowing that every other day I can eat what I want is very reassuring.

My calculated calories (per Dr. Johnson's site) are 380/1898. So far, I've had trouble staying under my DD calories, but I am working on it. As a general rule, I eat low carb, high fat, but I do have the occasional carb. I've noticed that carbs/no carbs hasn't seem to affect my losses, so that is encouraging.

I've found that graphing my losses has been very helpful. It helps me see that the ups and downs of my daily weigh-in and overall trending downward. I will probably post my graph here with each weigh-in.

I encourage anyone who would like to comment or ask questions. I tend to do a lot of experimenting and I love talking over my experiments with other people to help me work through it. I've enjoyed the support and information I've received on the JUDDD board - thanks!

Started JUDDD ~ 3/3/14
KimKS is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-2014, 03:39 PM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 (Down Day)

Weight - 184.4
Yesterday - 1958 calories (27g net carbs)

Today I planned to have a protein shake. I usually only eat one time on my DD's because I like to have the additional hours for fasting/fat burning.

I had a rough time today with a headache. I never get headaches anymore, since I quit drinking diet coke about 5 years ago. So I kept eating things to try to figure out what would get rid of my headache. Nothing seemed to work. Finally, I realized maybe it was the MSM I started taking on Sunday. After a little googling, I found out that MSM can cause detox-type headaches. When I mixed it up this morning, I couldn't remember how much I took the other days so I took a teaspoon. I think I was only taking 1/2 tsp before. So I am going to skip tomorrow and then start back with 1/2 tsp. on Thursday to see if that helps.

In addition to taking the MSM in water, I am also using it topically. I mixed it with aloe gel and some essential oils. I am hoping to help tighten up the loose skin as I continue to lose. We'll see if it helps.

I am looking forward to my Up Day tomorrow!
Old 03-27-2014, 12:58 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thursday, March 27th (Down Day)

Weight - 185.4
Yesterday - 2591 calories

So I didn't check in yesterday. I was 184.4 yesterday (same as Tuesday). Tuesday ended up being somewhere between a DD and an UD. By the evening I just couldn't take it anymore and decided to eat. I think I ended up around 1400 calories. Yesterday I kept an UD and purposefully went over calories to make sure today's DD could be a success. I ate 80% fat and very few carbs yesterday. Today I feel great!

I was able to last until about 3 pm before I had my "meal" of bullet-proof hot chocolate. It is 360 calories and that will be all I have today.

I hate seeing that I am 3 lbs. up from my Tuesday weight. I guess that is what two UD's in a row can do. But I am determined to remain positive and keep rotating.

I kind of wonder if TOM is coming. That's the feeling I had Tuesday - that no matter what I ate I just wasn't satisfied. Today is much much better.
Old 03-27-2014, 01:01 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Here is my March graph. I do not like at all the way it looks lately. Hopefully tomorrow will see a big drop!