LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2014, 12:49 PM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BecBelle
Stats: 292.2/261.6/145 5ft4in
WOE: Induction
Start Date: Repeat Offender-Original Start 09/03/10
Hey Ms.Kitty

I have paper journal that I log all my food in. Without it I flounder and it keeps me focused on my planned food for the day.

Well doing good, I can feel a difference by eating my fats with my protein and feel less hunger.

Another night at work.
BecBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: MsKitty
Quote:
Originally Posted by BecBelle View Post
Hey Ms.Kitty

I have paper journal that I log all my food in. Without it I flounder and it keeps me focused on my planned food for the day.

Well doing good, I can feel a difference by eating my fats with my protein and feel less hunger.

Another night at work.
I understand totally. Especially with your varying shifts, it has to be especially challenging. I am in wonder of your tenacity in the face of such a very difficult obstacle. You have my utmost respect for keeping on top of it all.
I have a spreadsheet from Hell of my own that I use. We are somewhat rural, and the idea of not having my log available to me when my internet connection goes down or power goes out, makes me nervous and uncomfortable. It's my current lifeline and crutch. I am certain that once I get more comfortable with knowing what is in food again and mentally internalizing my macro ratios that I'll be alright. Until then, I'm not taking any risks.
I never underestimate my ability to fool myself.
MsKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:45 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsKitty View Post
I understand totally. Especially with your varying shifts, it has to be especially challenging. I am in wonder of your tenacity in the face of such a very difficult obstacle. You have my utmost respect for keeping on top of it all.
I have a spreadsheet from Hell of my own that I use. We are somewhat rural, and the idea of not having my log available to me when my internet connection goes down or power goes out, makes me nervous and uncomfortable. It's my current lifeline and crutch. I am certain that once I get more comfortable with knowing what is in food again and mentally internalizing my macro ratios that I'll be alright. Until then, I'm not taking any risks.
I never underestimate my ability to fool myself.
Well thank you!!

Yep you have to have some sort of way to track what your doing, I think that is common even with people have lost all their weight and maintaining. I can "wing it" for a few days then I start to wonder away from plan.

Last edited by BecBelle; 04-23-2014 at 01:47 PM..
Old 04-24-2014, 03:55 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

I hit a new low 268.8 today. Not much but the scale is moving down. I'm doing really well and 100% on plan. Not much to say. Last night was really awful and tonight will only be a litlle better. My boss is just such a rodent , I am not turning this journal into a work rant. I just have to vent a little here and there. I have to hang on till next winter.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:14 PM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I hit a new low 268.8 today. Not much but the scale is moving down. I'm doing really well and 100% on plan. Not much to say. Last night was really awful and tonight will only be a litlle better. My boss is just such a rodent , I am not turning this journal into a work rant. I just have to vent a little here and there. I have to hang on till next winter.
YAY YOU for the new number!!!! A loss is a loss, sister!!!
Sorry to hear your boss is a rodent. I've had many rodent bosses, so I can empathize...
You hang in there!!! Remember that the best revenge is looking good and being happy. I find that mean people hate when you're happy. I'm all about that.
I'm a vengeful sort that way.

Old 04-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsKitty View Post
Sorry to hear your boss is a rodent. I've had many rodent bosses, so I can empathize...
You hang in there!!! Remember that the best revenge is looking good and being happy. I find that mean people hate when you're happy. I'm all about that.
I'm a vengeful sort that way.

Yep I totally agree. Part of the reason we don't get along is that he can't hide his contempt for my obesity and he is a total chauvanist. I can lose weight but he be will always be a sad rodent.
Old 04-24-2014, 05:52 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Yep I totally agree. Part of the reason we don't get along is that he can't hide his contempt for my obesity and he is a total chauvanist. I can lose weight but he be will always be a sad rodent.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:22 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Well this is my turn around day from nights to days. Tomorrow I start 6days in a row. It is 2 days of OT tacked onto my scheduled 4 days. If I plan carefully for each day I shouldn't have any problem.
Old 04-25-2014, 11:27 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Agreed. Use this day to prep and rest! My DH is in the middle of a few 12 hour nights, then 12 hour days for a few weeks (no break days), and he's doing the same thing. He's in another state, so I help him "shop" over the phone and helped him plan what he'll be taking on site.
You can do this!!!
Old 04-26-2014, 12:46 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Hey Ms.Kitty
Getting through day 1 of 6days. Not tempted by food. I am super sleepy, thank goodness today has been an easy day.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:58 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

So glad you to hear you're on it! You keep going, woman! 1 down, 5 to go!
I'm keeping my eye out for you!
Old 04-27-2014, 05:03 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Ms.Kitty you are a real encouragement.

Today was fantastic, work was good as it gets and I really enjoyed my food, I'm 100% on plan. Right now I'm not losing but I am definitely shrinking.

Tomorrow is the very worst day of my rotation. Monday days are always awful. Morale is at rock bottom and there is so much tension. I just want to come in and do my job, but it is hard to ignore the crap.
Old 04-27-2014, 05:11 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

YOU ROCK!!!
I'm so glad you had a great day!
Go in tomorrow thinking that you're going to have a good day no matter how bad it is! Make it a game to see who you can tick off the most by being nice to them.
Don't sweat it. You got this!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 04:40 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Well yesterday was pretty good for a monday. It was quieter I also got a lot of work done.

I hit a new low this morning. 267.4 I am a dark pink on the pee stick. Not having any trouble sticking to the plan.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:15 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well yesterday was pretty good for a monday. It was quieter I also got a lot of work done.

I hit a new low this morning. 267.4 I am a dark pink on the pee stick. Not having any trouble sticking to the plan.
I thought of you yesterday and hoped all was going well for you, so I'm glad to hear that!
YAY YOU on a NEW LOW!!! WOOO HOOOOO!!!
KUTGW woman!!!
Old 04-29-2014, 05:51 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

Ms.Kitty, thanks I'm so happy about the new low and I am feeling lighter so it's so real!!!!

Today was very nice day at work and am totally sticking to plan. 2 days to go.
Old 04-30-2014, 03:41 AM   #47
Senior LCF Member

I hit another low this morning 265.8.
Old 04-30-2014, 09:20 AM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I hit another low this morning 265.8.
Oh yeah!!!! WOOO HOOOO! That's what I'm talkin' about!
WTG!!!!!
Just one more day after today, am I right?
You are SO rocking this and kicking butt and taking names at work, too!
You're untouchable! I'm LOLing at how irritated it probably makes the mean people at your job. *snicker*
Keep it up!!!
Old 04-30-2014, 11:44 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
You are doing great !

What part of Texas are you in ? I'm between Houston and Corpus and we have a little "cool" front with nice breeze today !
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 11:53 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
Hi BecBelle! I have been following along with your journal. I think it is wonderful that you are making plans to change your future by moving. I think it is wonderful to get out of a situation at your work that you hate.

May I ask you a question? If it weren't for your idiot of a boss, would you be relatively happy with your job? Do you get along with your coworkers okay? From what I think I read in your posts, your boss treats you in a demeaning way? Are you the only one he treats like this? Does he have an immediate boss you could go to? I saw something on TV just yesterday morning about dealing with workplace situations. Of course they were referring to issues between coworkers, but yours is even more serious because when it is your boss doing the bullying, you feel totally helpless. The guy on TV said to talk to the coworker. If it doesn't improve, talk to the boss. If it still doesn't improve, go to HR. He said do the other two things first because HR would ask you if had done these first.

I think it is a horrible shame that we live in a day and time where this type of harassment still goes on in the workplace even though it is illegal. I am so sorry you have to face this horrible situation every day.

In any case, you are doing a fantastic job with your weight loss....in spite of the daily stress you are under!!
Old 04-30-2014, 05:08 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Hello Everyone!!!! Thanks for the support y'all.

Laura (Shelby'snana) I am not far from you, the weather has been nice especially after that super hot Monday.

Ms.Kitty I'm doing really good and I had some realizations today about work. I'm going to make a post about it.

Homeworker - Thanks, right now I can't give the answers to those questions and I'll explain why in the next post.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:22 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Y'all don't take this the wrong way, but something happened at work day and I have a long hard think about my situation.

All I am going to say is this: HR has gotten involved and I'm leaving it at that. The wheels and documentation are moving.

I have decided that I will no longer post about work. The reasons why are the following

1. Anything that I post is going to be a on the internet forever. It can be held against me in the future.
2. I have divorced myself mentally from this job and will be leaving the job in the near future. I have made the decision and I will no let this job take up anymore space in my mind than necessary.
3. I have made enough progress that my work issues don't influence my food choices. So if I am truly committed to this woe that means I'm going to stick to it no matter what is happening at work.

After I am gone from this job I may post more details.
Old 04-30-2014, 05:34 PM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
Hooray! I don't need any details! The questions were posed more to get you to honestly "reflect" on your own situation. I am so happy for you if someone in authority is taking this as seriously as it is!!

I intend to keep up with your diet and life-change progress, if you don't mind.

Last edited by HomeWorkerMT; 04-30-2014 at 05:35 PM..
HomeWorkerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2014, 06:39 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
...I have decided that I will no longer post about work...
Good for you!!!
I still say that living well and being notably happy is the best revenge though.

Last edited by MsKitty; 04-30-2014 at 06:40 PM..
Old 04-30-2014, 06:49 PM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Great news ! You will be happier and healthier when that toxic environment is OUT OF YOUR LIFE !!!
shelby'snana is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 05:40 PM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Well I have decided to talk more about food, feelings, and things that help those in my journal. I had an old journal with a lot of pictures of food. I have a cheap camera and an expensive camera. I going to take pictures everyday of my food. I loved doing this and stopped because I let "life" get in the way. These won't be pretty magazine worthy pictures, this is more about having visual connection with what I eat everyday. A lot of the time it will be bland pictures of weird food. But anyway I think I'm gonna start this tomorrow.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:25 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Well I have decided to talk more about food, feelings, and things that help those in my journal. I had an old journal with a lot of pictures of food. I have a cheap camera and an expensive camera. I going to take pictures everyday of my food. I loved doing this and stopped because I let "life" get in the way. These won't be pretty magazine worthy pictures, this is more about having visual connection with what I eat everyday. A lot of the time it will be bland pictures of weird food. But anyway I think I'm gonna start this tomorrow.
We'll be here if/when you need to vent.
Pictures are a FAB idea! I've really appreciated seeing pictures from others as well (clackley comes to mind), but you're right, it probably serves a good mental function personally as well.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:36 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

I am testing to see if I can post pictures from photobucket. I used to use the album here on the board. But I can't find my album so here we go. Testing

[IMG]

Last edited by BecBelle; 05-01-2014 at 06:40 PM..
Old 05-01-2014, 06:38 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Oh boy that's huge, so definitely need to crop before posting. Anyway tomorrow I now know I can post pictures.
Old 05-01-2014, 06:58 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member