Old 03-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsBettyDraper
Stats: 198/183.8/145 5'4"
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: March 15, 2013
Dreaming Small! My progress using Lean for Life

Hello everyone,

Iíd like to introduce myself. Iím a 42 year old mother of two who is ready to turn her life around. I have been overweight for my entire adult life except for two times when I was able to successfully lose a lot of weight. The first method was using Lean for Life. WOW. That plan rocked my world. More recently I did Medifast and lost 37 pounds. I canít imagine using the prepackaged foods again. I want to get back to a plan where I can eat normal food and choose wisely!

I currently weigh 198 pounds. My goal weight is 148 by the end of summer 2014. I have chosen to go back to the Lean for Life plan, as I am familiar with it and I have all the materials I need.

I am so tired all the time, my joints (knees ) ache when I walk. I carry all of my weight in my middle/breasts (a true apple shape). I had gestational diabetes with both pregnancies and am pretty sure I am Type 2 now, but I am too afraid to go back to my endocrinologist.

On a more-shallow note, I am a true lover of clothes and dressing up and I have a closet full of amazing outfits that are size 10. Sadly, I am currently living in leggings and long tunics and doing my best to conceal what I look like underneath. I hope to use this journal to post fun outfits for inspiration and motivation to keep my eye on my goal.

Iím also so tired most of the time from carrying all of this extra weight around that I have to take naps every day to be able to be able to do all the normal things like grocery shop, clean & run errands.

When will I finally be free of this problem? Why canít I get it together? I have the perfect diet plan. It is so easy to follow. So easy that I always cave in after one week and binge and binge and then forget about the whole thing. I can never follow through. I have no self control and I canít figure out why.
Iím really hoping for some support from this forum. I am so happy to have found it.

Today, March 16th, is my first protein day.

Thanks for reading.
MrsBettyDraper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-2014, 08:22 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Hello and Welcome so glad you picked this spot to share with us. You will love every body. We all help each other and we are all doing different ways of eating. Hope your first day is going good. Good Luck!
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cprcheetah
Stats: 224.6/204.6/130
WOE: Lean For Life/Low Cal
Start Date: LFL 3/4/2014
Good luck. I am on my 3rd or 4th round of Lean for Life So far I am down 10# in about 2 weeks. So I am very happy with that progress. I love Lean for Life it is so easy to follow.
cprcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:31 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

windygap - Thanks for the welcome.

cprcheetah - Just peeked at your journal. Isn't it a great plan? I always feel wonderful when I'm on it. Congrats on the weight loss so far!

It's so great to find a message board like this!

So hello, day one. Protein has only been egg whites today. Later I'll switch to cottage cheese. I need to start walking again. I'll take a little walk this afternoon on a walking trail near our house. Slow and steady today, because protein days make me a little lightheaded. I can't wait for this achiness and overall tiredness to go AWAY. I want my energy back!!
Old 03-16-2014, 05:17 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Dorthy what is Lean for life I have not heard of it? I am just wondering.
Old 03-16-2014, 06:57 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Lean for Life is the Lindora plan.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:11 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Day two! I usually only do two of the three protein days but I will try to do three this round. Had a small loss of 2.2# last night but I know that is water weight. I'll take it!

The protein snacks stress me out for some reason. I think this week I will stick to cottage cheese or hard-boiled eggs to make it easy. If I can get down to 190 by Sunday I will be a happy camper. We shall see. I have an event I'm trying lose at least that for on Sunday. The focus may even get me moving to take some walks this week!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:05 AM   #8
Junior LCF Member

Day three! 194.4 pounds. Yay, me. Yesterday was all protein: chicken, egg whites, cottage cheese. Today will be more of the same. Took my son to the beach for the first time in months, enjoyed the sunshine and the movement. I feel a tad less tired, and my thought process is clearing up. Whenever I eat this way a few things happen:

1. I wake up feeling good in the morning.
2. I start and FINISH projects around my house.
3. Clean food and healthier living are in sharper focus for me, and since I am
raising kids it spills into their lives as well which leads to...
4. I am a better Mom.

All that and looking great? I'll take it. Sign me UP!
Old 03-18-2014, 08:54 PM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Night of third day. I actually did walk today, for 30 minutes. It was great, and i stayed on plan. I made a bunch of food and prepped for the next few days.

I made:

tuna salad
egg salad
green bean salad
curry for the fam for today & tomorrow

I prepped some salads in containers (dressing on the bottom, followed by the protein, then veggies, then lettuce). I did a shrimp one and a greek one. These will be handy tomorrow! If I plan a couple days out in advance, I do so much better. I also chopped up some carrots and celery for munching.

My friend dropped by with a jar of coconut milk/chia seed pudding made with agave. I tried a bite, and it was good! I think I will make it with stevia so I can have it 'legally'. I wonder if I can get my kids to eat some.

Tomorrow is my first 'menu' day, where I have to eat three meals along with three protein snacks. I made the two meals (my salads) and will do egg whites for the protein snacks.

I'm so glad I am journaling again. I have done this in the past and it always helps me stay on track.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:40 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like you are doing great. Keep up the great work!
Old 03-19-2014, 08:47 AM   #11
Junior LCF Member

193.8#

Good morning! the sun is shining today and I plan on talking a nice long walk this morning. I have food prepped in the fridge. I can do this. I AM doing this.

Flash forward to summer...not stressing about what I look like in my summer clothes, not getting overheated from the extra weight, having more energy to do all the fun things my kids love to do. Back story: Last summer my son was only one year old and I weighed what I weigh now. Every morning they begged me to take them to the beach. My husband works days so that meant it was just me with the kids. The thought of it overwhelmed me so much that I made every excuse not to take them. We set up every imaginable water play apparatus in our backyard and called it day. Oh, there's the fat Mom struggling to carry all the stuff, huffing and puffing, sweating, a hot mess among all the hot beach Mommies in our area. Ugh. UGH. That was me last year.

I am SO getting my act together this year!! My kids deserve all of me to be present, all the time. The carbs cloud my thinking, rob me of my energy and make me miserable. I am ready to change.

Have a great day everyone. I'm going to focus on the reasons that motivate me to do this WOE.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:26 PM   #12
Junior LCF Member

191.6#

Today is going good. Eating plan:

B: hard boiled egg, coffee w/sf creamer
L: salad prepped from yesterday
D: will be Asian lettuce wraps

Snacks : egg whites, cottage cheese.

tomorrow I'm getting highlights & a mani/pedi to get ready for the big event i am attending this weekend.

I stayed up way too late watching "Ring of Fire" since I love Johnny Cash and I had a giant Americano plus two Coke Zeros during the day. Great movie!

I am noticing that this round I am not eating cheese or nuts and the weight is coming off more quickly than before. Hmm.

Also read up on the JUDDD WOE and it has me completely intrigued! I'm thinking it would be a great way to maintain. Lindora does have the weekly "protein days" that they recommend you do forever to keep focused, too.

My goal is 190 by Sunday morning. Let's see if it will happen!
Old 03-20-2014, 04:24 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for telling me. I have since found its site and read up on it. It sounds like you are doing great.
Old 03-20-2014, 08:30 PM   #14
Junior LCF Member

you're welcome windygap!

Got through another day. I am pretty focused and optimistic! I guess it's time to make some goals. What does a girl have to do to earn a signature here? I keep wanting to make one and it says I can't. Grrr

Goal 1: 190 by March 23 (big charity event)
Goal 2: 180 by April 20 (Easter)
Goal 3: 175 by May 11 (Big luncheon at church)
Goal 4: 170 by June 7 (my birthday)

That would be 30 pounds in three months. Doable? I will stay on track and do my best to get there!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CandyR80
Stats: 168/154.5/125---5'2...largest at 184 3/20/12
WOE: Lean 4 Life
Start Date: 3/20/14
Looks like you are doing good I use to love clothes and heals, maybe once I've lost some weight I will actually start to look at clothes again the way I use to. Sometimes I think, I will never lose it, but reading these journals gives me so much encouragement. Keep up the hard work.
CandyR80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 06:23 PM   #16
Junior LCF Member

No change in weight today! But that is okay.

I have no appetite at all today. I made it a protein-only day, with the exception of one apple.

Got my hair colored & highlighted and got a mani-pedi.

I'm all out of prepped salads (today was crazy busy) but will do them tomorrow morning to prep for Saturday/Sunday.

Next week I want to plan out three days for exercise, mark them on my calendar, and keep these appointments with myself.

Happy weekend.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:07 PM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Looking back on things I've noticed this week

CandyR80, hi! Thanks for the nice words. Yes the clothes! For me that is a big motivator. You can do it! I'm glad you're finding motivation here. I am too.

So I post a lot about the food, planning, and what is going on with my weight. As I reflect on the week I can report this on my overall energy level:

1. I have not needed to take one nap this week. Not one!

2. I have cleared out/decluttered two bedrooms (I'd been putting this off forever)

3. I have taken my son to the beach and grocery shopped same day! Normally just one of these events would have been all I could handle

4. My feet and knees are still not 100% great (my feet especially hurt more than they should.) But they are carrying around a lot of weight right now. Poor feet.

These changes in my energy levels, (and so quickly!!) are so wonderful...I will slowly and surely add exercise to my normal routine. There is a great fancy gym close by that I have had my eye on. They have all kinds of classes, a pool, etc, and I think i could really enjoy going...then again there is a free track close by too that is free. Free is good too.
Old 03-22-2014, 01:13 PM   #18
Junior LCF Member

191.4#

Saturday:

B: two hard-boiled egg whites, coffee with SF creamer
L: tuna salad on a bed of butter lettuce with heirloom tomatoes, apple slices
D: shrimp sauteed in evoo with garlic & parsley on a bed of lettuce with garlic-sauteed broccolini

Snacks: egg whites, egg salad

Feeling pretty introspective today. I'm happy I picked up some good habits already this week. Whipping up two main salads (tuna & egg) at the same time is a super time saver! The kiddos have lunch/snacks at the ready and so do I. I won't be home tomorrow so I won't prep any layered salads till evening. I'll do four this time so Monday/Tuesday will be covered. I already did my protein day yesterday.

I need to focus on exercising, but I guess each thing/good habit will take time to make a part of my life. Kind of hard to do everything all at once I think.

Every day I've been pulling out my favorite clothes (that don't fit) from my closet and hanging them outside the door. It makes me happy to think of wearing them again. It also reminds me not to buy anything new, because I don't need to.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:54 PM   #19
Junior LCF Member

Sad

Okay so I have a big event tomorrow. The (XL) dress I ordered is too tight in the chest area. I thought I could pull it off when it arrived this week, and I did try it on, but my chest is smooshed into a uni-boob. I am so sad.

I do have a plan B outfit. I just feel sad and defeated and I feel sorry for myself tonight. Even if I make my goal of 190 tomorrow morning, I still won't be able to fit into my new dress.

I am promising myself that THIS TIME I will follow through. I don't ever, ever want to feel like this again.

The silver lining about this happening is that I AM on track and I AM heading towards my goal. I have to keep repeating that to myself tomorrow.

Good night.
Old 03-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Awww so sorry about the dress. I know that can be so heartbreaking. Just use it as a learning experience and keep on trucking. I like to make my lunches for the next day when I am making dinner as often that's what we have for the protein etc. It makes it easy in the morning to just grab my lunch bag out of the fridge and go to work. Keep it up you are doing great.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:27 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

191.4#

Stayed mostly on plan this weekend! I had a small dish of sorbet at the charity event but I figured it was okay. I did mostly protein the rest of the day.

The event was great and I saw lots of friends and enjoyed myself despite my personal meltdown the night before.

Today's plan...I have nothing! I need to get my son to his Mommy & Me preschool, avoid the snack table (this is important! I always cave in!) and then get home & prep my foods for the next few days. My new oven came this week and I plan to use it this week for crustless quiches and muffins for the fam.
Grocery shopped last night for the essentials: cottage cheese, veggies, eggs.

I'm so focused. I honestly believe giving up cheese has a lot to do with the fact that I have no cravings! It is amazing. I still eat cottage cheese without problems.

So goals today:
*Avoid the snack table at preschool class
*Prep salads, stay on track
*Clean up house/Monday chores

Goals this week:
*Stay on track!
*Exercise walk two times
*Prep foods on Monday, Wednesday, Friday

I need to plan out some different & exciting menus for me & the fam that can serve a dual purpose. Something like tacos for them and healthy taco salad for me, etc. I am thinking this would be easier all around.

See you later!
Old 03-25-2014, 08:56 AM   #22
Junior LCF Member

190.6#

Goalllllll! Well, pretty much. And two days after the date I wanted it. But I'm finally down to 190. After this, I know I can keep the momentum going!!!! The first 8-10 pounds usually goes quickly for me. If I can pick up momentum and focus hard at that point, I know I can do this. I can do this!!!

So yesterday I started feeling a little bit of the old me creeping around. I kind of wanted a nap. I kind of wanted to sloth around and not prep, not clean the house, not make a healthy dinner for the family. But I pulled it together. I made four healthy layered salads, I made turkey meatballs for the family in the crockpot. I did my Monday chores. I even got them ready for bed early. Everything flowed smoothly because I had the energy and will to do it. I used to have a bad habit of eating sharp cheddar cheese before bed. Last night I pulled it out of the fridge and literally told myself "you're not doing this" and put it back. (Cheese is my trigger food that leads to a long, slippery slope!).

I wasn't expecting much today as far as the scale goes, but what a happy surprise.

So my meals are taken care of today...time to think up dinner for the fam. My stinkers don't like leftovers. I can sneak them in for lunch because there's other things I put with it to make it more appealing but they won't usually eat the same dinner two nights in a row.

Yay for hitting goals.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:10 PM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CandyR80
Stats: 168/154.5/125---5'2...largest at 184 3/20/12
WOE: Lean 4 Life
Start Date: 3/20/14
Congrats on reaching your goal! You are doing so good.
CandyR80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:22 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Way to go! Keep it up!
Old 03-26-2014, 08:25 AM   #25
Junior LCF Member

190.4#

Inch by inch I am creeping downwards!

Yesterday was a good day. I was was prepared with my meals and the fam had dinner. I did well and I stayed on plan.

Today I need to prep four salads, make dinner and stay on track! I have everything ready so I won't have any excuses. Also I'm going to make Asian lettuce wraps - those things are good! Makes me forget I'm dieting.

I feel like I have way more energy now but I still don't "see" any results. I know that will take time. I am still pulling out favorite clothes that are too small for inspiration. Also thinking ahead to summer! Putting together outfits in anticipation of what I will look like gets me through the day. I sill have a pretty long road over the next several months, but I can do this. The button in my head that "clicks" on when I'm focused had been on for the past week. I can't imagine cheating so badly that I'll give up at this point. I feel strong, focused, and positive. I feel mindful.

I still need to do more things to help me along, things that are out of my comfort zone. Exercise being at the top of the list! I can do the food part if I prepare and plan. The exercise part, for me, is way easier to make excuses for. I know that the more I exercise, the more energy I will have, and that will spill over into everything I do, even more than it is now. I will get there.

Old 03-26-2014, 09:10 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Are you taking your measurements? I did and even though my weight loss was small, I lost 5.4" in 2 weeks. It kept me going when the scale wasn't moving much. I have it to remind me in my phone to take them every 2 weeks, hubby set up an excel spreadsheet for me that automatically figures out how many I lose per week and total.
Old 03-27-2014, 07:53 AM   #27
Junior LCF Member

190.2#

Heather, not taking measurements here. I guess I could start! You are doing great!

So, ugh, another .2 pound loss this morning. Better than nothing I suppose, and I am doing zero exercise, but I want to be out of the 190s already!

No desire to cheat at all, no cravings, still amazed by it.

Didn't prep yesterday (bad! bad!) but stayed on plan perfectly and fam had their dinner too. Today I will though, because I am out of my layered salads. I have everything in the fridge, just need to do it. Dinner will be turkey burgers for all of us, I will eat mine over a salad.
Old 03-27-2014, 09:22 PM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Stressful day! Uggggh. I had my eyes dialated & checked to see what script for reading glasses I need. It took such a long time (she was busy) I only had breakfast (one HB egg & coffee) and I was famished. I left the office starving and my head hurt and it was way too bright and my sunglasses were not helping at all. I was not a happy camper! I came home and threw a high-protein salad together so fast. I didn't even consider anything else. I knew what I had to eat to feel better and I ate it.

I have the upper hand at the moment on this weight battle.

Dinner was on track and I drank a ton of liquids today to battle the awful headache I had from the earlier ordeal.

So will tomorrow see 189...???? We shall see!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:27 AM   #29
Junior LCF Member

190.2#

So close, yet so far away!

No 189 today. Probably because I was stressed out yesterday. We all know stress won't help the situation!

No matter, I will keep on truckin' today. Off to the market today to see what's fresh and on sale and will whip up a healthy couple days' worth of meals for me and my fam. I'm thinking of baking something today for them...hm....
Old 03-29-2014, 09:14 AM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Confession Time

So last night I ate probably 2 cups of goldfish crackers. And about 8 graham crackers. WTH? Once I started I couldn't stop. Earlier in the day I had one tiny pretzel out of my son's snack. I wonder if that kicked off the crazy.

In any event I am up 1.5 pounds!! Ugh. Really?

I'm going to do a couple protein days to get my focus back.