LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-31-2014, 08:38 AM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: MrsBettyDraper
Stats: 198/183/145 5'4"
WOE: Dukan
Start Date: March 15, 2013
Refocused & ready to go!

Up a couple pounds but no matter - I prepped and will continue to do that today and I'm having two protein days to reset! This will be a journey for me; I had a wonderful weekend with family and ate ate a little bit more than what I'm supposed to. That being said, I am back on plan today! I'm still below where I started and am still determined to get healthy!!

On tap for today:

boil a dozen eggs
make egg salad
make tuna salad
make crustless quiche
do exercise video while son sleeps

I will come back and update this to keep myself accountable for today. And importantly:

STAY AWAY FROM SNACK TABLE AT PRESCHOOL !!
MrsBettyDraper is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2014, 01:02 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Okay, so far I have:

(done) boil a dozen eggs
(done) make egg salad
(done) make tuna salad
(tomorrow - we have too much food today) make crustless quiche
(ugh - will walk instead) do exercise video while son sleeps

(done) STAY AWAY FROM SNACK TABLE AT PRESCHOOL !!

Not a bad way to start my week. The fam has plenty of food today to choose from (dal, rice, and I'll roast some veggies tonight) so I'll make my crustless quiche tomorrow. I'll do a Greek one with tomatoes, basil, greek olives, feta and mediterranen spices).

I need to get moving (as in exercise) this week.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:58 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Dang the setpoints

So I'm still on track this week. Hello, Wednesday. But I can't break through to the 180s and it.is.making.me.insane.

I must have weighed 190 - 191 for a super long time, because my body seems to like it here! But I do not, dammit!

That being said: I am going to do a super on track day and take a walk.
I think I read someplace that lemon water will help, so will do that too.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:54 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CandyR80
Stats: 168/154.5/125---5'2...largest at 184 3/20/12
WOE: Lean 4 Life
Start Date: 3/20/14
Yup, lemon water helps. You boil a slice of lemon for a few minutes, let it cool, and drink. The lindora clinic is having me do this tonight. I might have to do a plateau menu too ... They think my body might be comfy at this weight too.
CandyR80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 03:30 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

Still here!

So I had a small setback, ate off plan for a couple days, then jumped back in. I was frustrated at the slow-ish progress so I am switching things up and trying the 17 Day Diet. I bought the book awhile ago. It's very similar to Lean for Life/Lindora, but the protein portions are based on how hungry you are and there are other little differences. I have to drink green tea (which I enjoy) with every meal. It's a cycle of 17-day plans with gradual slow-burning carbs added in during the second 10-day cycle.

Anyhow, I'm on day two. My weight is still the same (within a pound) of 190ish so I am good there. I printed out a calendar page to keep track of the days and my weight. I am big on visuals! I also started a little daily food journal.

Overall I feel like I am focused and on headed in the right direction. I am not giving up on myself! I can get down to goal.
Old 04-18-2014, 01:32 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Still hanging in there. I maintained an eight pound loss this month, so happy about that.

The 17-Day Diet is great but now I'm off to another plan....

The JUDDD! Today is day ONE. DD. I have to limit myself to 380 calories. On my up days I can eat normally, but I will be sensible! I'm almost afraid to try to do this, but I will give it two weeks to see how it works for me. Had coffee with creamer and a protein shake.

This way of eating really appeals to me. I want to eat the good, healthy grains but always had to restrict them with other plans.

I'll check back in soon.

Old 04-19-2014, 02:31 PM   #37
Junior LCF Member

Just a quick post to say:

I AM IN THE 180s.
Old 07-11-2014, 07:56 PM   #38
Junior LCF Member

I'm back! I've been doing The Dukan Diet for a week now. I gained back to my original weight but now I'm back down to 187. I feel pretty good. I've been steadily losing and I love the fact that you can eat unlimited nonfat dairy on this plan! this is including Greek yogurts (but not the fruit-added kind). I've been happy that I have no sugar cravings. The first phase is pure proteins, and I did six days with no issues or cravings.

I've also been trying new recipes for protein-only foods that have been tasty and give me a good variety.

The phase I'm on now until my goal will be 1 protein-only day followed by 1 protein + veggie day, and it alternates that way until the next phase.

Time will tell, but I'm hopeful.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:25 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

Stepped on the scale to another drop in weight! This is great as I feel like I am eating nonstop. Honestly I think the non-fat dairy is helping me greatly. With other plans I never ate the non-fat dairy and was hungry all the time.

Today is a protein/veg day. I think I will do a low fat broccoli beef dish for myself and the family. I'll make theirs with rice.

I'm not really seeing a difference physically yet. I think my face may be a little smaller, but I feel the rest of me looks the same.

I was experiencing some nausea with the plan in the very beginning. I hope it doesn't come back!
Old 07-16-2014, 09:05 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
Hi!! I love your screen name! Betty is my favorite

We have somewhat similar stats. Great progress!
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #41
Junior LCF Member

Hi Bluebell Blue! Thanks for stopping by. I love Betty too. Yes, similar stats! good luck on your plan.

Still on track today! I decided to weigh myself every other day, the morning after the pure protein days. Yesterday was a protein/veg day, and I made a sort of pho for dinner, with shrimp, tofu, mushrooms, lemongrass, ginger, garlic and bok choy. The whole family enjoyed it and it was so savory and good.

Tomorrow I'm going to try a spaghetti squash dish with ground turkey.

Lunch will be my Dukan high protein galette with lots of smoked salmon. Also throughout the day I've been making non-fat vanilla yogurt popsicles, which have been rocking my world.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:08 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Bluebell Blue
Stats: 190/? will weigh on Jul. 31 2014!/150
WOE: FI (Forever Induction)
Start Date: July 15th, 2014
Hi! Yay another day down!

Can you share the recipe for the Popsicles? I'm a sucker for any frozen vanilla treat.
Bluebell Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 08:31 AM   #43
Junior LCF Member

A tiny loss this morning! Survived the weekend (and cleaning out the garage) and I'm sure the calories I burned tackling that project helped.

I'm amazed at the fact I am not craving carbs. I may have a twinge of a craving for sugary sweets but I am staying on track. Today is a pure protein + veggie day, so I'll have to come up with some ideas. Not really focused on eating because I don't have much of an appetite due to the amount of protein that I have been eating. It's good. No rumbling tummy, no lightheadedness.

I can see the 170s and it just keeps me motivated.

I haven't really tried on any of my smaller-sized clothes yet as I'm preferring pull-on maxi skirts and easy summer dresses at the moment, but will soon.
Old 07-22-2014, 09:08 AM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Another pound down.

I know I have 33.6 more pounds to go, but I'm still happy for the small steps!

Today is a protein only day. I have such a small appetite now that I actually am relived when it's a protein only day as I don't have to think much about what to eat. I got some steaks marinating in garlic, seasonings & a little seasame oil. Also I can eat the high-protein savory pancake with my favorite smoked salmon and it keeps me full for hours.

It seems easier for me to stay on track in the summer for some reason. I guess I have less to think about in terms of daily schedules with the kiddos and that may be one reason why? Not sure.
Old 07-23-2014, 08:59 PM   #45
Junior LCF Member

Tried on a bunch of clothes today that were just a tad too tight. They almost fit! Happy me.
Old 07-30-2014, 09:41 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

I can see the light of the 170s!!! WOW

So happy to be at this point. Really really reallllly I am. I'm steadily plugging along, mostly no cravings, and a bunch of options at the ready anytime I have a weak point (frozed nonfat yogurt into popsicles are a fave).

I feel pretty steady. I can see a small difference in my face. I really like this way of eating. I hope to complete all phases so that I don't go back to my old ways. It doesn't seem like too much of a stretch, as my body seems to really like this way of eating. No wonder French women don't get fat! LOL. I have no sugar cravings and can eat all the nonfat dairy I want. Hello, skinny lattes.

Lately I've been thinking more in terms of how much my weight ages me. I don't feel my age (43) but I am really starting to look it and it isn't fun. I am looking into joining a yoga class to get some of my groove back. Maybe if I give myself a facial peel or something as an incentive to reach a goal...I want to look good all over, inside and out, not just weight wise.