Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 12:25 PM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Wow it is 95 here already...have been out with DH all morning...our for Breakfast so that was nice and we just had eggs/bacon/ham slice/alittle cheese on eggs...so we did well both of us...
My neighbor had a garage sale this morning so went to check it out and she remarked about my weight loss...I don't see it has much as she has but it felt good to know someone else noticed it....
We were gone all morning....looking for rocks for our front yard...we need over 2 tons of it...wow...but it doesn't cost as much as we thought...it is the delivery that cost so we will have to see how to go around that and do it ourself...mmmmm Bought some new small flower plants to put in my small pots I bought this week...the will be on the backwall on the fence...Going to pot them later but too hot right now...
Stopped at a few garage sales...didn't find anything...wow for me that is mmmm...

Have a list of things for DH to help me with this weekend lol...I need a sign hung out on the patio and some blinds up in my window in my craftroom.....guess I better be sweet lol
I have that old white door that my DH found on someones curbside that I am having him hang flat from the patio ceiling...and will have some greenery and while lights thur out the greenery that will show through the window.....will light up the patio....lol...

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 05-03-2014 at 12:28 PM..
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2014, 01:47 PM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/149.4/140's
WOE: One day at a time
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Mary I do the exact same thing....I will be upstairs in my bedroom knowing that I went up there for something and then for a few seconds have no clue what it was lol, but yes thankfully we do remember lol....I did eventually find one of the things I lost yesterday on the floor beside the dogs water bowl, haven't a clue how it got there though, but the other thing I still can't find lol, weird.
That's a shame that you get burnt plants, they must take a heck of a lot of watering, no wonder you were asking me for some rain......I know what you mean about the importance of putting plants in the right spot...even after all these years of gardening I still take the chance now and again to put a plant that likes full sun in mostly shade, I don't know why I do it knowing it never ends well lol, but I did it again last summer and this year both the two plants I did it to didn't come back....I could kick myself but after a few years I forget and think it might work lol....
Oh Mary that sounds amazing going to see your sons, even if you only get to see one of them...but you never know, and four grandsons, oh it will be lovely....it will be time for you to head off before we know it.
That was so lovely that your neighbour noticed your weight....you must have been so thrilled, you are doing really well on your eating, your scales never stay still for long do they.
Isn't that strange that the rocks are cheap but delivery is really expensive.....I hope you figure it out, I always find things have a way of working themselves out eventually, its just the waiting that gets me lol.
I do love your idea of the door hanging down from the patio ceiling with greenery and lights....oh how cool Mary...that is your artsy side showing through, I think that would look so amazing and different....when it gets done and if it looks amazing you will have to post some pics as it sounds really cool.
Well last week I decided to do my grocery shopping daily as an experiment...I was talking to my sister and also a couple of people I know about the cost of food shopping, it seems everyone spends half of what I spend, they honestly can't believe the amount I spend every week, so last week I thought I would do it daily as we have a really good greengrocer who is really cheap, and also a few good stores in town that have lower prices etc, so everyday while dh was at work I did daily shopping, I started on Monday and by Thursday had gone through all my grocery money and had to draw out more lol, it was exhausting and cost me even more money lol...so today I gave up and just went to the big supermarket and spent my usual to much amount lol....I am looking forward to a bit more relaxing next week instead of daily shopping and carrying all these heavy bags home...I found it quite stressful as well and not so organized.
I am having a lovely time though at the moment with growing seeds, I have tons on the go and didn't realize how much fun it was, that is what I am planning to do tomorrow, playing with more seeds and gardening, it sounds lovely, if we get rain I will send it to you to swap for sunshine lol.
Old 05-03-2014, 06:17 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Oh...cost of groceries are just terrible...but ofcourse we are going to eat in this house ...but even though now we don't buy all the goodies and the other bad stuff we have given up it still cost...Meat is just mmmm wow...I added some of the atkins bars to our list now and ofcourse they cost a lot but it does keep DH from eating so much of the sweets he loves. that are higher carbs......I watch the sale papers and make the round of stores since they are all close in one area so that helps a lot...Ofcourse I still go to Walmart for somethings for it is just cheaper...I told you how it was when I lived over there and came home on payday from grocery shopping on base...I think I had at least 15 large bags of groceries when I came home and I think our neighbors were waiting for me to unload my car...lol...but I bought on 2 paydays at month so it did look like lots to my neighbors daily shopping town in Banbury...Now here it is about 20 plastic bags lol....
I think I spend an avg...of $400 on groceries...a month and more when I buy dry goods in large amts...from Costco...there are only us too now but still....
Well I got into my pool this afternoon up to my waist...LOL..and worked on some leg exercises....It is still to cold to swim but I was able to stand it for awhile...it was great...Come on over... I am going to try to do this when I can...it is 100 right now outside and it is 6:30 pm...Yes I love putting flowers out ...will see how they go...haha...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 05-03-2014 at 06:22 PM..
Old 05-04-2014, 11:53 AM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

You do really well with your groceries, for some reason I can't get mine down in price...I think I have given up now, I spend about 150 pounds a week, sometimes a little bit more, my sister is horrified at this lol, but no matter how hard I try it always comes to roughly the same amount....I try my hardest to buy sale items, and meat that is on sale etc....oh well I will figure it out one of these days...it drives me mad though knowing other people can keep their costs lower.
I bet all of your neighbours in Banbury thought you were rich with all that shopping lol, it must have been fun though.
Well I wanted to ramble but I am exhausted, I am not sure why though, maybe to much fresh air....so I will finish rambling in the morning lol....hope the rest of your day is good, I think I am nearly ready for bed lol....see you tomorrow....
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 05:45 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Well my guest bathroom walls are going to be mmmm what color ???? A medium Lavender color...but it is pretty....My curtains I sewed have different shades of lavenders and teal and rose ...we are used to all our house being in the same color (beige or egg shell color) but we are making a change lol..our bathroom is done in a very pretty light beige with a touch of yellow added ...it is a warm color...I have a beach theme with some teal colored items with beach words on them and all the shells we have gathered overtime at the beach in different containers....Projects keep us busy I must say and we don't eat as much for sure...lol
Fixing to go put my feet in the pool for alittle while and watch the birds feed...its relaxing...it is 99 now but the umbrellas make it cooler....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 05-04-2014 at 05:47 PM..
Old 05-05-2014, 07:43 AM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Working on drinking my water today....this week will be lower carbs .......
Out in the backyard this morning filling the bird feeders....they love to eat lol...but I love watching them from the patio....It is sorta funny that I have always been scared of chickens all my life but I love watching birds...I don't want to handle them just watch...lol

Still getting the bathroom ready for paint...Nice we can just take our time...

Sandy you will have to come on my FB to see the pictures when it is done...MAYBE LOL will see the end results first LOL....I don't know how to put pictures on this site...but I can my FB...
Old 05-05-2014, 01:44 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Oh I heard from my youngest son this morning...He sounded so good..He started a new job and said he was really happy....more money ofcourse and the oil business in Texas is here to stay for awhile lol...I will be so happy to see him soon ....
Old 05-05-2014, 01:47 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Mary...I am reading your posts, I am just really tired for some strange reason, I will try again tomorrow, just hope I am not coming down with something...I was so happy to read about your son though, just wanted you to know I was here lol, speak to you tomorrow.

Last edited by Sandy1; 05-05-2014 at 01:48 PM..
Old 05-05-2014, 02:47 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy Hope your feel better soon...don't worry silly...I hate to know you are not feeling well... take care of yourself...I am down in my back and I know better but I will be ok myself..just have to rest alittle and not lift so much....I was just getting so stressed about my son lately it was getting me down but today did help.... Now rest friend...
Old 05-06-2014, 09:25 AM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

I am back and feeling better, I didn't come down with anything I just had a few days of feeling tired, I am giving myself a break from low carb until Saturday so just eating lots of fruit and salad and then back to Atkins 72 again, I have been and stocked up on vitamins etc just in case I was lacking in anything...anyway I am as right as rain again now.
Today has just felt a bit mad with workmen who want to drink to much tea and then I had visitors, but I did manage to get some garden time sitting in the sun, it was only 60 here today but blue skies and no breeze so it felt lovely and was definitely needed.
Lavender walls for your bathroom sound lovely, it is such a peaceful relaxing calm colour isn't it....you will find yourself spending longer in the bath now lol, it sounds pretty though with picking up the colour from your curtains.
Your afternoon sounded lovely sitting with your feet in the pool, and temps of 99 degrees and watching the birds....really lovely and relaxing lol, you lucky lady.
That was amazing news hearing from your youngest son and he sounded really happy, its all we want for our kids isn't it, for them to be happy in their lives, that was lovely to hear though, it was lovely he called you.
I had an email from one of mine about two weeks ago but the other one I haven't heard from in ages even though I send an email about every three weeks....but anyway I was so happy for you when I read that....they don't realize the effect they have on us I don't think lol.
Well its dinner time so have to get moving, hope your day was a good one Mary, I am sure it was, I imagine you with your feet in the pool again lol.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:48 PM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you are feeling better...sometimes that tired feeling just gets us down...I understand what you mean sometimes you have to step away from the LC doesn't mean that we are going to gain up those pounds...just need a break and sometimes it helps me I think....cooler for us today ...wow..but my AC has still been running all day lol...
DH is very late coming home.....School is coming to an end so lots to do around the schools....DH was looking for us a hotel room last night in Tx for us so that will be taken care of...Not a lot going to do but visit with the kids and John is taking us out to eat to a couple of their favorite places...oh no...lol...and drive around and see how the town has grown so much since I moved away...He says I will be so surprised....with lots of oil business going on there.... has been lots of places built....
Haven't started my painting on bathroom yet ..waiting on some sanding DH is doing so .....I will wait lol...
Returned some books to the library so took my time around and found some weight loss books to read....so much fun haha but interesting...My nose is always in a book of some kind....I am reading a knitting mystery series ...by Maggie Sefton...easy reading...And JoAnne Flukes....(Hannah Swensen Mysteries with recipes..)

Did well with my carbs today...stayed low...and low on cals too....
Old 05-07-2014, 10:41 PM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Bad night tonight....What do we mothers do with our grown children when they make bad choices that hurt ...Prayer is the only answer I know....
Old 05-08-2014, 01:43 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no Mary, what happened, our kids don't realize the effect they have on us I know that for definite, I hope you are doing ok, sending you a huge hug, now I am worried.
Old 05-08-2014, 06:47 AM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Oh...I think that my son I was talking to this week might be lying to me about his new job....and maybe off and on some drugs...I am not sure ofcourse but his girlfriend called me and is worried...Until I hear from him again I will not know....so hard when I am so far away to know and see for myself....He has the sweetest little 4 year old son and has so much to just to throw it away....He is probably upset with Mom right now for I faced him with what I've heard ....Even a little drugs change you in so many ways...even when you don't look different on the outside....I know for today I have left it in Gods hands for he is there with my son...As to why these things happen I like so many mothers have no answer....but I will be here waiting to find out....
Thanks for the hug ....I will let you know what is going on later.....
Old 05-08-2014, 08:01 AM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Ah Mary that is so sad, I guess they lie about their jobs etc as they want us to be proud of them instead of telling us the truth, I went through it with my daughter a few years ago, that was all to do with drugs as well, she finally sorted her life out, I think she was in her early thirties when she realized enough was enough, now she has a great job and is a brilliant mother, but going back a few years life was a nightmare....I guess I am telling you just in case it might help, he might sort himself out still, it took my daughter a long time to get to sorting herself out....try not to worry as there isn't anything you can do, I know its easy for me to say don't worry, try to stay busy, worrying to much could make you sick and then you would be no help at all.....anyway my story probably hasn't helped but he could still turn his life around, it could be his son that is the making of him yet....sending you a huge hug....
Old 05-10-2014, 08:40 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

DH is finishing up the painting in the bathroom.....then to start putting it all together again...lol....Worked out in the yard...I bought pots of flowers and repotted them yesterday...DH bought a new cover for the pool so it will be warm very soon ....

No news on my son yet...so I am still waiting....nothing more to say on that.... Just staying in prayer for him.....

Party time on my other thread today...We each had to bring something to the party lol...I brought a diet poem....others will be bringing different things to share around the party table lol..

Sandy...smiling at you...have a sweet weekend.....
Old 05-11-2014, 08:44 AM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Mothers Day...quite here on the homefront.....DH is going to grill some juicy Ribeyes tonight.....on the patio....
Old 05-12-2014, 01:08 AM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Morning Mary, so glad you sound like you are doing ok, sending you a hug anyway.
So your bathroom is probably finished by now, do you love it, I love the colours you have used....your garden sounds like it is also looking lovely with all the flowers and work you have been doing outside, and you will soon be in that pool, you are going to have a lovely relaxing summer.
Today our weather is lovely and sunny so I am off out to play in the dirt as I brought lots of plants a few days ago.
I love the idea of having a party on a thread lol, that sounded like a lot of fun, and a good idea to bring a diet poem, that is pretty cool.
Well that sunshine is calling my name so will see you later, hope your day is a good one.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:59 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy...thanks for the hug...I needed it and probably more of them but I will be ok...I just will take one day at a time...

Paint is on the wall in bathroom and some of the decorating is started....now to frame the old large mirror to make it look new ...that will look good...have to start tearing up the old flooring next and put down the new tiles...and replace the old toilet with the new one we got...I have to laugh for my house is all in country colors and this bathroom is LAVENDAR lol...Just wanted something different I guess.....lol Ofcourse it has the rose and teal in the curtains and a picture I have on the wall or I couldn't stand the color on the walls I think...I have some miniature wooden chairs that I sit some of my old fashion bears in that I hang on the wall...I haven't put them up yet,have to make sure which one looks good together...Funny how we collect things....I love the miniature chairs and ofcourse my bears...I have shelf above my desk in our office and I thought I would put some chairs on it but NO bears...lol I a so funny for when I visit other peoples homes and they don't have anything on their walls I am ready to jump up and say ....HEY! I would put something there LOLOL...only time you don't hear something coming out of my mouth but silence...lol

Well David grilled some good steaks for us yesterday...I decided to have a sweet potato and some cantaloupe so it was really a nice meal...Staying on plan ....I will not let all this with my son make me lose myself into letting go and gaining weight sitting around worrying....I have to have faith that God will help him...and my gaining weight and not being healthy would not help ....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 05-12-2014 at 08:03 AM..
Old 05-13-2014, 07:29 AM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Pool temp is warm now that DH put the cover over the pool ....it is warm enough to enjoy working out with some water aerobics...but it is too windy this morning....shoot...
Washed out the extra bird feeders I have so now I can change them out when they get too much poop on them lol Yuck.....All my flowers I potted are doing great for now...the wind caught one of my pots on the one of the patio tables and it fell off and broke but saved the flowers inside...Cant believe we get these little wind storms ....so I have to make sure all the umbrellas are down so they want end up in the pool....have had several things end up in the pool already this year.......not fun to get out .....

Time to think of some breakfast....and what to take out for supper tonight...
Leftover chicken pieces and eggs with some cheese sauce will do for B...
I have gotten into a regular routine it seems.....I eat breakfast, no lunch but I will have an chocolate Atkins bar if I want one at this time, then an early supper and then that is all for me for the day...I feel good and it seems to be working on my weight loss...so for now I am pleased....I am keeping my feelings in check for the old me would be just sitting and eating the cookies and just not caring how many while I am waiting to hear news about J.Emotional eating is a bad thing so I think we have to learn that you can be in control with LC eating at times like these....we just don't...easier to use the excuse well it doesn't matter at this time but it does....I need to be healthy and eat right no matter what is happening in my life....so I am working on it everyday....and then I still stay in prayer for my family.

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 05-13-2014 at 07:32 AM..
Old 05-13-2014, 01:19 PM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Well got my exercise for the day....moved bricks from the front side of the house ready for the city dump...The city want pick them up for recycle...mmmm Raked up leaves and moved stuff around that will be put to the curb next Monday on our recycle day...It was a work out....The wind has been blowing so much today...maybe work out in pool later tonight if it stops...I work out a lot of times at night when DH is sleeping since he goes to bed early to get up early...Come over and work out with me Sandy....It is 89 right now and the pool temp is 85 now...and I like the pool warm...

Made a library run so found some decorating books to look thur...inside and outside house...I love looking thru them anyway LOL

Fish for supper tonight....thinking of putting a sauce over it...not sure...I was sorta getting hungry for tacos and thought of telling David we would go out for a free off track meal then I thought no...not tonight....LOL He is fixing to start the summer school hours and that means he works 10 hr days 4 days a week so that means he is off Fridays ...that is nice...we can do more things together that way this summer....

Fish
Old 05-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Love reading your posts Mary, just had visitors, not enough sleep, and a hectic afternoon, really want to get in your pool though lol, be back in the morning, I am glad you are staying busy....more hugs being sent your way, I love that you are praying, the best thing you can do right now, see you in the morning....these are hugs o o o o o lol.
Old 05-13-2014, 06:29 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you my sweet friend.....I still need the hugs for sure....
Went ahead and went out for supper with DH....had 2 tacos and a sm..serving of beans and cheese....No no rice on the side.....I had the waitress take back the chips they bring out to the table to snack on ...and I drank water so I am learning ...and DH says ok with him....so we are doing ok...He is really trying to be careful too...
Poor DH is trying to be there for me with all this mess with John...He just holds me and I told him that is all I needed and let me cry when I was needing tooo....It is just so hard living so far away ...it is a 13 hour drive to my home in Tx...so it is not something I will do by myself....and to fly is just wild and then have to rent a car, stay in a hotel alone, the eat out too...So I will wait it out and wait on the Lord tooo ...Bre and John are talking so that is a start...if things are better and he is on his feet again....We will go to Tx as we planned....
Well it is a good tv night for us...we both like NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, Person of Interest and while that is going on I will turn back and forth to see if my cowboy singer is picked to stay on next week on the VOICE...lol...and ofcourse I always have my book I am reading in my lap...so that is a good night planned lol...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 05-13-2014 at 06:34 PM..
Old 05-14-2014, 08:10 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

You are doing really well on your eating, stress is a terrible thing for making us want to eat to comfort ourselves, but you are doing incredible, its good your dh is also eating well as it all helps keep us on track, cooking Nicks dinners sometimes kills me especially if he has fries or rice but its worth doing without as watching the scale move down makes it worthwhile.
Its a shame you live so far from Tx, yes that is really to far for you to go on your own, your dh sounds really supportive of you though, definitely a keeper lol, he sounds like a good man.....and its not to late for your son to sort himself out, he could surprise you, I really hope it all works out well for you though, and fingers crossed that you still get your trip in July.
I love those kind of evenings where all of my favourite shows are on, we get person of interest over here although I haven't watched it yet, is it any good.
Well I have to get dinner on early as I joined yoga a few weeks ago and tonight is my third lesson, its really good fun, hope your day is going well and that you have a relaxing afternoon.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:44 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/211/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Hi, Lady! I was missing you on my journal so I hunted you down over here. I am so sorry to read about your son. I hope he decides to get the help he needs. I will be praying for your family. Meanwhile it sounds like you are doing SO great and doing your best to remain positive in a sucky situation. You're an inspiration to me! Just keep doing your best and eventually you'll cross that finish line. Lots of hugs!
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:32 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Lauren..

Working in backyard still moving some more bricks and trimming some bushes up....I love watching the birds while they eat from their bird feeders...Need to get to Costco so I can get more bird feed....cheaper by the big bags....All my annuals are looking good right now ...have to water them with a little mist each day because of our heat here or they would die fast...
The pool is so warm now with having the cover on...I have started working out so need to keep it up...

Made a white sauce with cream cheese, butter, lemon juice, chopped sweet orange and yellow peppers, touch of Cavender's Greek seasoning and salt....Pour over sauted' white fish fillets...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 05-14-2014 at 10:41 PM..
Old 05-14-2014, 10:37 PM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Sorry I had to repeat ....page kept disappearing

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 05-14-2014 at 10:40 PM..
Old 05-15-2014, 07:38 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

New day new start....in the yard lol..haha...need to be out there working on some more weeds around the water fountain...mmmm well I will get to them soon...I am in the mood to take off for a while and enjoying my book I reading or maybe work some on my cross stitch project....
B....I am sitting here thinking on it....mmmm eggs I guess...lol
L...I never worry about that ...I don't eat it much anymore..
S....mmmmm I think turkey burgers...

This must be a guessing game day for me....I'm not sure what I want to do today....but I will do something on my list that is for sure....that's what retirement is all about...
Old 05-15-2014, 11:15 AM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Off into the pool I went...needed that exercises and to cool off..it is 92 outside....no excuses to not workout each day....The birds keep me company...and I make our dog Spanky stay outside for awhile with me.....since he is inside so much....

Well time to relax and do whatever...lol
Had eggs and some leftover roastbeef slices...for B
No lunch but 1/2 of an atkins bar...burned out...going to get some cantaloupe to replace for lunch now...
Turkey burgers for sure ....veggie...not sure yet...
Funny how we crave different things...I do not crave much at all anymore but I had to have some little dill pickles..mmmm I didn't ever even crave those when I was pregnant...lol...so funny...
Old 05-15-2014, 02:00 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Mary, oh to have another swimming pool lol, although it wouldn't do me much good in the uk as it would never heat up lol, but when you talk about your pool it brings back lovely memories of mine, there is nothing like it in the world to cool off in the hot sun...I am glad you are having a relaxing time doing all the things you want, I have missed working but am slowly realizing that retirement and doing what we want is nice, I love sitting in the sun and playing in the dirt with all my seeds and plants, it is a nice time of life isn't it, we have a lot to be grateful for I think......looking at your ticker have you really lost about 30 pounds, that is an amazing accomplishment you have done so well......I am back to maintenance again as I am finding to many lines on my face to keep going any further, always around 147lbs the lines start showing, so I am back to fruit and salads with small amounts of meat and the odd treat and will see how I go, I really don't want to age myself any more than I have with this weight loss, I really would have liked to have lost five pounds more, but I have no choice but to stop as my skin is important as well, already I am panicking at the lines I have now lol, anyway hope your day is a good one.