Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 03:33 PM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Busy day just working in my craftroom....lots of craft material to organize....I moved some things around...now to enjoy just a day of working on my craft LOL

B...Don't laugh...I cut some chicken gizzards up and sauted them in olive oil with garlic powder,salt,and Ms..Dash(Orginal) ....they were good...it made it own lowcarb gravy...lol
I just wanted something different....I really like them Fried with lots of flour ...and some FF on the side...butttttt
L....atkins bar..
S....Have a Cauliflower pizza ready for the oven...
Drinking my Big Red Zero drink...

I am ready to move my weight scale tomorrow...just waiting to make sure tomorrow...

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Relaxing day....Feeling great with another little loss...it all adds up as each day passes...I think of how I will feel several months from now....
Low carbs and low cals today...
I have allowed myself that one choc..coconut bar at lunch time a couple of days...and I am not really craving sweets...but I guess it has helped me...I do drink the Zero vanilla coke or Zero Big Red...I have stayed with no food after 5:30pm for 2 months and have not missed it....I know that I am feeling the difference in my clothes but I still know I will not really feel like I am losing until this next 25lbs comes off....
Old 04-16-2014, 08:54 PM   #213
Major LCF Poster!

Went to the early movie this afternoon....Saw Heaven Is For Real...very good...
Was going to make chili dogs for Supper but decided not too since I knew I would let myself have about 2 cups of popcorn...and I did....lol...I microwaved some wieners and wrapped them in foil...Yes...I took them to the movies...I told..DH...almost like having movie hot dog...haha....Hey...He ate 2.....LOL
Old 04-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #214
Major LCF Poster!

I just saw about you DD....sorry...Praying she is better soon and take care of you too
Old 04-17-2014, 06:34 AM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/149.4/140's
WOE: One day at a time
Start Date: February 1st 2014
HI Mary....I am back, I decided it was easier to stay over on the mainland with her....I did have fun with all the kids though so that was nice, she has four so that kept me pretty busy....although I am up about 2 pounds but it could have been worse, anyway I have to clean, hubby started his job on Tuesday so my house is a mess lol, and then I am going to sit in the sunshine and chill, be back later.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:52 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Glad your DD is ok....and it is always fun with the kids....

Cloudy outside all morning so worked in the yard....pulling some more of the weeds that grow in our desert rocks.....fun lol....then watered the yard...DH has to take some days off so he want lose them and he has plenty projects to finish...still has one small area in dining room where the new flooring is...a step down are...And...he wants to get our brickwork in the backyard finished....wow...AND...lol...He needs to be 5 men...lol

I found 2 great wooden chairs yesterday at goodwill for my craftroom....they are old school chairs...that teachers would use....they are made good....
Old 04-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #217
Major LCF Poster!

88 here in the desert....lol DH and I finally looked the outside of the house over...decided that the outside entrance way will be torn down and replaced with newer wood and painted...He has been working on the floors inside this morning... Right now he is
taking a break LOL playing a video game...Starwars Legos LOL

I finally have a CD player now in our bedroom so I can work out with my Walk Away The Pounds....I told DH...I hated the one in our livingroom area...for it takes too many steps with all the different controls set up ....hit that button and that one and that one...LOL Plus we use that one for our Netflix movies..
So now only 2 buttons and I am started.....lol...
Old 04-19-2014, 01:50 PM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Mary...I just noticed your scale has moved again for you...wow you will be in onederland before you know it...you are doing amazing....
I can't imagine weeds growing in desert rocks, in fact I can't even imagine desert rocks lol, today when we were at the beach I told my hubby when he dies I am putting an ad in your local paper for a husband so I can move to Arizona lol.....it was really nice out today until the sun went in and then with the sea breeze it was chilly, well I was chilly dh is never chilly....lucky you living somewhere so warm....tomorrow I see on the weather that we are expecting rain....
It sounds like your dh has lots of jobs to do, still it will be nice having him home from work even though he will be busy, its nice having them around...Nicks job is going well and I am actually enjoying the time I am having by myself, he finishes at four so home by ten past and straight down the beach with the dogs, so its working out really well.
You did well on getting those chairs, if only they could talk lol, I wonder what history they have behind them, did they tell you anything about them, probably not but I love to think of the storys that they could tell.
I am so with you on those remotes and all the buttons lol, in our last house I think we had like four remotes, I could never figure anything out, now we just have two lol.....its sounds great what you have done though....much simpler, I hate complicated lol.
Old 04-20-2014, 07:30 AM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Nice Easter Day....Everything is quite here on the homefront.....Just relaxing today...
B...grilled porkchops and eggs over easy topped with pepper jack cheese...
Old 04-20-2014, 04:40 PM   #220
Major LCF Poster!

Late Lunch .... DH and I went out to lunch at one of our favorite Mexican places...Had 3 beef tacos made with corn tortillas... Asked for No extra chips brought to the table to munch on....Drank water only.... I love French Fries with my tacos LOL..always but that was out..LOL...

Tried the Mudslide atkins bar ....

Nothing after 2:00PM back on track...
Exercise with my walking tape tomorrow...
Old 04-21-2014, 08:21 AM   #221
Major LCF Poster!

Enjoyed my weekend...got a lot of work done in the yard....Enjoyed lunch out with DH and my free meal...Enjoyed a relaxed evening to end the weekend with DH...
Now back on track....getting the low carbing started...very LC today....lol

Sandy....hope your Easter weekend was great
Old 04-21-2014, 06:53 PM   #222
Major LCF Poster!

Back on track ...
B..1 porkchop, 2 eggs with cheese...
L...none
S...Sauted small cut up pieces of chicken gizzards in olive oil and seasoning....the simmered in creamcheese,sourcream sauce....until tender...
Fried cauliflower hash browns...DH said they tasted like potatoes...lol...
I will make this sometime for Breakfast with bacon pieces added....
Old 04-22-2014, 04:05 AM   #223
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like you are doing well and enjoyed your holiday time with dh...even though he sounds like he needs to be five men, he does have a lot of jobs to do, but its lovely making things look better, I think its an ongoing project with houses and yards...
Our Easter was quiet, daughter and all the grandchildren were each off doing their own thing, but I am going over next weekend to visit them so I am looking forward to that.
We had a nice weekend with the weather apart from Sunday, but today its supposed to be sunny but its cloudy mainly and the sun is peeking out every now and again, so I guess it must mean a cleaning day....but its good to get caught up so when the sun does shine I can be outside playing in the dirt.
Hope your day is a good one.
Old 04-22-2014, 07:34 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Spent the morning going thru my bookcase with all my cookbooks....took out about 1/2 of them to donate ....kept my favorite ones ....made room for other things I wanted to put in the case .....I worked on my kitchen counters too...just had to change things around....I don't have a big kitchen so it has to be organized lol....Ran to the Library and picked up DH next book in his series....It feels good now that I am breathing easier since I have lost this weight ....now to just keep it up ....

B...leftover cauliflower ( mocked hashbrowns )...added some bacon pieces to it....
L....2 sm..ham roll ups with chive cream cheese .....Atkins bar...mudslide
S....Buttered cabbage with broccoli slaw added.... Topped with Owens ground turkey...
Will move my heart down the scale soon.....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-22-2014 at 07:45 PM..
Old 04-23-2014, 02:00 PM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

I love having a good sort out as well....it just makes everything feel fresher doesn't it.....that is so good to hear about the breathing...and it is only going to get better and better......are you enjoying the atkins mudslide, in a few weeks I am going to try the odd one or two so let me know if its a good one to get.
I have been spring cleaning, its lovely having more time to do the things I want with dh at work now.....I love it lol.....now I sound awful, but its just nice having my house to myself again.
I have no idea what chicken gizzards are, I was just reading back and meant to ask you last time....or don't I want to know lol....it sounds really strange though...
Old 04-25-2014, 10:18 AM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

LOL....Most people like the Chicken livers but they are too strong tasting for me...the Gizzards are alittle tougher ...ofcourse most people fry them as we call it Chickenfried...lol...means fried in a flour batter lol....I just cut the qizzard up into small pieces and keep the tender meat then cook in olive oil and then add some creamcheese sauce over it...just something different...don't want it everyday lol....I fried some Jicama sticks last night...not so low carb...but when they are fried they look just like homefries...and I rolled them in garlic powder and chili powder...they were not FFs and I didn't care for them but other people would I am sure...

I love that DH works too...it makes it nice to have the house to myself....I do whatever I want...yes I keep the house clean..very clean lol and the laundry is always done BUT ....I also do what I enjoy doing...whatever that might be....crafts or decorating...or just reading a good book...lol..I love it...ofcourse I do enjoy when he gets home...but He goes to bed at 8 or 830pm every weekday night and I don't go to bed until around midnight....and he gets up at 2am...and goes to work at 5am...I don't why he gets up so early but he has always done that he says...Weekends are our time..working together or just relaxing together...so it works out for us....
Am happy the scales are moving on down...YEA...feeling great here....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-25-2014 at 10:24 AM..
Old 04-26-2014, 02:51 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

The gizzards sound quite tasty with the way you cook them....and it sounds like your scale is going down...awesome Mary you will soon be at your milestone soon....I will celebrate with you when you get there, unreal how far you have come so far.
Its funny how we all have our routines that suit us like your hubby seems love to get up early, that is really early isn't it lol, I like 7.30 ish or 8am and bed by 11 but don't go to sleep until about 12.
I hope you have a lovely weekend with your dh, I am off to the mainland to see all the grandchildren, I don't go very often but have to start making more of an effort, anyway have a great weekend, I was going to write hope the sun is shining lol, but it probably is...here it is 55 and a bit cloudy....but we are getting there slowly lol.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:36 AM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun with your grandchildren....would love to be with mine....July will get here sometime lol....
It is nice this morning....65 and cloudy and the wind is breezy...DH is out mowing the lawn....looking nice now...He had to fix the shower head in our bathroom this morning with a little leak that was driving us crazy lol....Then we are putting up 2 outside lights on the sides of our garage...I am just doing a load of laundry...it is so easy now with my new machines...I love that I don't have to reach down in the washing machine tub and stretch and stretch for the clothes... lol ....now just reach in and out...fast...Love days that are so cool...house is clean ...candles glowing and smelling good all over the house...cozy ....I have been sitting for awhile each day putting photos away into albums ....those I haven't scrapbooked yet...I need to get an ink refill for my CP so I can print off some more...I use Walgreens photo specials when I need to get a large amt. developed...it cost a lot to print all of them on my printer so only the ones I want to fix the photo do I print on CP..

I do feel better about my weight...I just go one day at a time for sure and I look for that long goal line I am moving toward...I don't get discouraged or go hungry so I will make it...It is like working on one of my projects...it has a beginning and a finish product...and that is me in progress...working on me...lol
Old 04-27-2014, 12:10 AM   #229
Major LCF Poster!

It sounds like you are enjoying your new washing machine...I have gotten used to the front loaders again since being back in England but I used to love my top loader in Canada lol, but you are right it is easy to get the clothes out and the machines do seem to wash better......it sounds like you are so organized with a nice clean house and candles on the go, I still have to much spring cleaning to do before I get to that point, I think having dh at home stopped me getting on with a lot of jobs so its good to get back into a routine again.
That sounds like a nice job putting all your pics into albums, you can't beat having them in albums can you, when they are all on the computer in folders its just not the same....I have been meaning to do something like this for years, so maybe I will get round to it one of the days.
I liked your last two sentences, I actually read it twice as it is true.....one day at a time moving slowly forward, not getting hungry and like a project in progress....very cool Mary.
I forgot to mention I like your new picture, very cute lol....also your friend in Jesus picture.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:07 PM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Wow what a day...I just got so tired just from watching David put up some lights on the sides of our garage and fixing the shower head I just got tuckered out LOL...that is funny even to me reading that...hey I got on the ladder one time to hold the light for him...lol
We really did work together last night for real on the backyard...we have these 2 places in places one in each corner of our backyard and they are built up off into 2 layers so we are trying to make them look good with plants and a fountain DH is working on..mmmmm It will be pretty when it gets finished one day lol....I have been working on the left side one...had to pull weeds out and put down weed block plastic to cover the area....and now I am putting little white rocks we had from our yard before we put down all the brick....Recycling here ....slowly....I haven't got the top later covered yet but will work on it this week...haven't decided what to put there lol...Told David we need to put a pool rail on the steps into the pool this year...both of us need it just for balance...for safety...So many projects but they will get done one day...We just keep them going...keeps your young even if you body is screaming You are not...haha...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-27-2014 at 03:10 PM..
Old 04-28-2014, 08:20 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

That did make me laugh....it is tiring though watching these men work lol....it sounds like he is really getting all the jobs done isn't he.....your back yard sounds like it is going to look lovely....oh a fountain that will be nice, we had one in Canada and I used to love listening to it trickle on a hot day, and watch the birds bathing in it, I love this time of year when we can do outside jobs.....I have so many seedlings on the go at the moment that it is keeping me really busy moving them in and out of the sun etc....its fun though, my favourite thing is playing in the dirt lol.....have a great day Mary.....oops did your scale move again lol....I just noticed.....congratulations Mary whoop whoop, well done you.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:09 PM   #232
Major LCF Poster!

Ohhhhh I am pooped out...lol...Worked in the yard all morning....Moving little white colored rocks, we saved from laying our new brick on the patio. I am using them in another place in the corner of the yard ....so ofcourse they are on the opposite side of the yard.....back and forth I made trips...lol...not yet finished but a very very good start...lol
Cut my roses in the front yard...they have already bloomed and gone so now will maybe bloom again....I will see....had to trim back another bush that gets to tall ....Raked up all the cutting from some weeding we did over the weekend...soooooo
I am waiting for DH to walk thur the door...I hope we will go out to our Buffet house we like to eat at for supper....We know just what we can have to eat there and we are good at not eating the bad stuff now....

So I have had my exercise for the day and haven't eaten much at all so I am ready to eat out and then just relax with my book.....Havent to take out some stitches on my cross stitch project..mmmmm but not much...not something I could cover up ...Shoot...I as say when I am upset....LOL
Old 04-30-2014, 06:15 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
Hi Mary Frances, I just wanted to tell you that you have a lovely weight loss journal. I have only read through the first few pages, but it is enjoyable reading. And with your friend Sandy talking with you every day. Both of you ladies are doing very well on your weight loss journey.

What really pulled me in was both of you talking about how seldom some of your sons check in with you. Gee, I thought I was the only mom struggling with that. I have one son who is 34 and lives locally here in GA. I hear from him maybe once a week, maybe not. He and my DIL NEVER come to visit unless we invite them to dinner. Married 9 years, no children. My youngest son is 26. He lives 3 hours away with his wife. They are both teachers. My son is especially busy as he is a music teacher and band director. He may call me once every 2 or 3 weeks, but has only come to our home one day for Christmas each of the last 2 years. He comes to our town all the time because his in-laws live about 40 minutes away from us, but unfortunately his wife does not like us. This situation has caused me much anguish over the last 4 years. I finally decided like you, I have had to turn the situation over to The Lord.

Sorry to ramble so on my first time contacting you. You just seem like such a nice person who totally understands that type of situation. I hope you don't mind if I drop in to read more!
Old 04-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #234
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome Laura ....drop in anytime....I am here most days...lol

Yes we go thru life not understanding sometimes about our children mostly now they are grown ...It is hard to understand why things have gone the way they have with my sons...one stays close to me in thoughts and one does not want anything to do with me right now... but we all make choices...I love them both so much and they know that in their heart.....but families take detours off the path sometimes and families fall away from each other...but I know that God knows everything ....I just love them and pray for them everyday...and they know that Mother is always here for them...God never fails us...

Now I am working on me losing my weight so I will stay in good health.....This is my goal for now just as I have tried to talk to my sons about them having goals...It is never to let to have them...

Sandy is a sweet friend.....you see she only has a small amt...to lose so I am jealous of her LOL haha
One day at a time...I will make it...So come in a visit with me....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-30-2014 at 07:50 PM..
Old 04-30-2014, 08:06 PM   #235
Major LCF Poster!

Laura ...if you want to join a new challenge...I am on the "Joy" Challenge...just starting for May...It might help you....KMom has set the rules for the challenge and it will be a fun month...great support...
Old 05-01-2014, 04:40 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Well groceries are bought and all my errand got done.....load of laundry in the dryer..okkk
I walked a lot today everywhere so that was good....Had a Me day out to lunch so ate at our little Buffet so I would eat on track....and I did...
Working on drinking my water today....that is the hardest for me...But Will have to have make some fresh Ice tea later this evening...

Found this book at my library today for sale for 50 cents....Called (Win the Fat War)...not low carb but just about losing weight the right way...interesting.....

Have decided that I will let my carbs be from 30 to 40 and calories not more than 1200 for awhile....I know that I loss a lot better at this pace ...and I don't want to always feel like I am on a diet instead of a good weight plan for life for me....I just want to know I can deal with no flour or sugar unless it is my free meal I give myself and I have not even done that so far...I do think of bread but I don't crave it like I always did and my potatoes too....Only 1 free meal out and I had 3 tacos with the corn tortillas...and 2 times 1/3 of a sm. popcorn at the movies....
Old 05-01-2014, 05:29 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: HomeWorkerMT
Stats: 181/179.4/140. (55 yo)
WOE: WOE - My own way.
Start Date: Sept. 28, 2012
I have to admire your willpower, Mary Frances. That is the biggest stumbling block I have, flour and sugar. I guess that is why I can't lose this weight. I had 20 pounds to lose. Then I had to start taking some medicine last winter for chronic migraines. Boy, I gained another 20 pounds from March 2013 to February this year. Finally the weight gain stopped when I came off the medicine. But now I have 40 pounds to lose! I weigh more than I ever have.

Do you get hungry during the day? I've got to buckle down and decide I'm just going to do it. Thanks for the invitation to the Joy challenge. I am going to check it out.
HomeWorkerMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 07:37 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Laura...I know that the sugar and flour are my down fall for sure and that is what causes me to gain my weight...so that is a no no from now on....I gained 10 lbs a year these last 5 years since I remarried and moved to AZ with my DH...I didn't even notice it...mmmmmm so now I am on my mission to lose it all plus what I needed to anyway....
I have my first 30 off so want to not pick up those pounds ever again.......

Sandy....I want some of you rain....RIGHT NOW! LOL...I need it for my yard...and plants....My weeds just grow and grow ...they don't need water LOL... I will send you SUN...in exchange....
I walked on the steps in my pool today...water is still cold but it felt wonderful...Had a long day with grocery shopping and errands...DH says he thinks we will go to home next month instead of July...so I am happy...I told my youngest son but haven't heard from him yet....DH has a lot of days off he need to use up or lose so that is ok with me...

Well time for me to get into my book I am reading... Have a great evening

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 05-01-2014 at 07:41 PM..
Old 05-02-2014, 07:35 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Mary, that is incredible how much you have lost so far, you are doing so well, yes I agree flour is my downfall as well, I love things like scones etc, my one total weakness, it must be the English in me lol as I can pass up most things but put a scone in front of me and I gone and so is the scone lol.
I would definitely send you some rain if I could lol, today it is on and off cloudy, its mainly cloudy when I go in the garden and the sun comes out when I go in....but it feels nice and warm outside so I think we are slowly getting there......isn't that funny that weeds don't need water but the flowers do, I find the same thing.
I am having problems with slugs again, they ate all my tiny batchelor buttons seedlings overnight, I guess there was about forty of them, I think I have four little seedlings left, they drive me mad, last year every night at around 11pm we would go out in the garden with the flashlight as that is when they come out, we caught hundreds of them, but it seems there are just as many this spring....
I have had the most stressful morning....I keep putting things down and losing them, I have lost two things already today and can't find them anywhere, they were both on my desk....first one thing disappeared and then about 2 hours later something else disappeared....I guess I must have moved them....but to where lol, I have turned my house upside down and they are both gone....it has driven me mad lol, I will be glad when dh comes home and finds them for me, he is so good at finding things, I have even checked the garbage lol.
You will soon be in your pool won't you, and when our summer does come I will envy you lol.
So you are off to Texas next month instead of July, oh that will be lovely for you to catch up with family, who do you have living there, I am sure you told me but I have forgotten.

Also waving to Laura, Hi Laura nice to meet you.....
well I would ramble more but luckily for you I still haven't cleaned everything I was supposed to clean yet....its a holiday here on Monday so it will be nice to spend three days with dh and not have to do any cleaning etc.....have a great weekend Mary.
Old 05-02-2014, 08:57 AM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Ohhhh do I understand about things hiding from me LOL...I am so bad at having so many projects going that I put things down and have to go find my stuff again ...I hate that I go to a room and just stand there a moment lol and wonder what is it I was going to get in this room mmmmm BUT...I do remember so that is nice lol....age...mmmmm is that the word now.....lol....hate that word somedays....
Well I know that the only thing I find in my yard is burnt flowers and plants...this is the desert and hot desert for sure...I am learning what and where to put my plants and the ones just don't even try...After 5 yrs here you would think I would know by now what works...I told DH that I know I can grow Cactus and place lots of rocks and they do well....haha lol
Had a ME DAY for myself yesterday so I am back to the homefront to work today...Going out in the yard for alittle while ...it is 80 already this morning...wow...
Yes to Tx for June hopefully...DH yes if I want to go early...Yes...Will visit will my youngest son...my oldest will problably not see me...but I will get to visit with my 4 grandsons and 2 of them I have not seen for along time except on FB... I am getting alittle excited lol

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 05-02-2014 at 09:02 AM..