Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 10:43 AM   #181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/149.4/140's
WOE: One day at a time
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Hope I haven't missed you.....I just wanted to say HAVE A GREAT TRIP MARY.....

I will think of you enjoying yourself....I hope its wonderful.....take care....and see you when you get back...sending you hugs.....
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2014, 04:53 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Oh we did...have a wonderful time...The beach was windy but beautiful to look at ..we walked all over and enjoyed watching the waves....We have a funtime LOL at Universal Studio...it was a great day to be there for it wasn't busy all morning and we didn't have to wait in line for long at all....We were like kids..haha....We went earlier so we got a great parking place so we didn't have to walk far to the front entrance....
So now....about my eating...yea!!!! Wed.. B... I took deviled eggs and ham and turkey roll ups with hot pepper cheese...for our Breakfast in the car .... L.... We ate down at the pier on the water ....I ate Cheeseburger(no bun)and a sm..side order of refried beans instead of my FF...mmmm S....I brought stuff to make us a turkey taco salad in our hotel room..
Thurs..B...at Universal Studios...a grill house ... scrambled eggs with cheese and baco
L...ate Bubba Gump Fish restaurant ...grilled fish and shrimp with lettuce and tomato on side ...ranch dressing
S...Sm ..amt of peanuts...
Snacks none...
Friday B....egg omelet
L ...2 ( P3 protein pkg...of cheese, ham and peanut portions)
S...Atkins chili with some ground turkey added...

I did not gain...I will weigh in the morning....I weighed while we were gone and I know I lost...YEA!

I will not say what DH had....LOL...

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-04-2014 at 05:06 PM..
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 05:10 PM   #183
Major LCF Poster!

Oh!!!!! came home to family emergency with my youngest son...He needed help...hated that.... but DH is going to help him...Our children...mmmmmm love them but sometimes....lol...You want to send them to the time out corner for along time lol....I have such a wonderful DH...God has blessed me....
Old 04-05-2014, 05:09 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

B...scrambled eggs with leftover chili and cheddar cheese...
L...Garden salad with grilled chicken pieces...ranch dressing
S..sm..amt of peanuts...Atkins coconut bar...frozen

Relaxing with a new book started...
Old 04-06-2014, 06:43 AM   #185
Major LCF Poster!

Went to bed early and got up early....I must have been really tired from our trip....
Just going to relax with DH today....reading my mystery I started ( The Strawberry Shortcake Murder). Need to walk on the threadmill later today...Warm outside already and it is only 6am...DH is having some digestive problems so he is having to change his eating....Oatmeal this morning...He has to have a lot of fiber right now....

B...scrambled eggs/ leftover grilled chicken pieces with cream cheese sauce...
L...
S....?

Hows things your way Sandy ....walking that beach... I thought about you when we were in SD...the beach was so nice but windy...lol...I would love that to walk down every day..mmmmm not in the desert LOL...Walking around and around the pool is just not the same LOLOL

Scales up and down and down and up and I just let it ride....I know I am on track and all will be okkkkk...This is along journey I am traveling along and I have only just started...Now to make it to the next goal in July...
Old 04-06-2014, 08:58 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

I am so glad you had a nice time, yes looking at those waves is lovely isn't it, I honestly could do it all day, wish my house was on the beach....Universal studio's sounded fun, I bet your were like a pair of kids lol.
So glad to hear you were able to help your son, they do go through different little emergencies don't they....with me its my younger sister, all the kids are sorted out and settled.... its typical that as they get settled then the sister starts lol....there is always something....but I love that feeling of helping now and again it just makes you feel good doesn't it.
it sounds like you did really well on your eating while you were away....I had a bad day yesterday with cravings, I won't tell you what they were as they were really bad things, but anyway coming on this board keeps me accountable so I can't cheat, although I am dying to....but when I loose another five pounds I am going to have an atkins bar or two or three lol...
Weather here is cloudy and it looks like rain but I have already been out and come back again so it can rain now...I will be glad when our summer is finally here...
Anyway your trip sounded lovely, road trips are always fun aren't they...glad to have you back though....hope you have a great day chilling by your pool with dh.....see you later.
Old 04-06-2014, 09:55 AM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Yes to that Atkins bar....I ate one of the coconut bars...I put in the freezer and it taste a lot better for some reason lol...but I think I am going to be alittle lower on my carbs this next week...I am trying to remember to think good about reaching my little goals....so I want be discouraged...Coming here keeps me going everyday and no matter how long it takes I am going to be here...I like having to be honest with myself and still working on losing...I know that I am feeling better and I know that I will notice the body change with my next 20lb loss.....You are heading down great ...and then just think of being in your Maintenance phase...wow that will be great....
Old 04-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

That was a cool trick putting the atkins bar in the freezer, it would also take longer to eat so you can enjoy it more...I will do that when I have one lol.
I read today that around April 15th there will be a blood moon....I was 12 the last time there was one and must have been in bed lol.....there are going to be two more next year and then we are done for around another 100 years...
I can't imagine maintaining, but I think it will be easy as I love salad and fruit more than anything else....I can't wait to add fruit back to my eating....and I love making green juices from veg, oh yummy so much to look forward to....I will still keep posting though to keep myself accountable as its so easy to put it back on and way hard to get it off again.
I like what you wrote in your post.....no matter how long it takes I am going to be here there is that determination you have which is amazing....and I know one hundred percent you will do this....its unreal how far you have come already, you must be so proud of yourself.
Hope your dh sorts his digestive problems out, do you think he needs more fibre....
Old 04-06-2014, 12:28 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

Yep....DH is needing more fiber so have worked that out...I only had the 2 atkins bars ( at different times) and that will be it for awhile but I used it as a meal but still high in carbs...but it did help but I haven't been craving another one or any sweet ....I haven't had fruit at all yet.....I try to look at the whole picture and at where I will be a year from my starting day...Just want to make those little goals happen....
Old 04-07-2014, 08:20 AM   #190
Major LCF Poster!

Goodmoring Sandy.....nice and warm here...wow ...suppose to get up in the 90s I think this week and it feels like it...Just wish the pool was warm ...YES...but not for awhile...June at least...We need a new cover for it so we didnt have one on this winter so will be alittle later getting warmed up but when it does oKKKKK lol

Going to try and not weigh as much for the scales jump up and down so much but I feel great and know that I am on track every day...Just going to work toward my next goal..Keeping carbs lower for now ....

Need to get into my craftroom and look around...have been sorting pictures so they are all over my desk and need to be put away ...I shared some old photos that my sister had not seen of our parents when they were young....I noticed yesterday when my sister put some pictures FB of one of her grandsons birthday party that she is looking older ...and I am the older sister...lol...My brother in law is a retired professional photographer and she did all the art work on making everyone look great in their photos...She is taller, slim, and has lighter hair but she is looking older now...We forget we are growning older until we see each other in photos...mmmmm We always know when we need that hair color again LOL...She works out in the public still so she is always looking her best...and now that I am at home I dont have tooooo but I still dont let myself goooo...but I do just wear comfortable clothes around all day..haha...I remember when I worked office jobs and had to wear those dressed up clothes and high heels....I havent wore heels in years...and at 4 11 height I needed them at times lol...

B...fixing to have eggs and sausage
L...
S...

Hope your weekend was good and you have a wonderful day friend....
Old 04-07-2014, 08:40 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Unreal that you are going into the 90's...and here we have a dreary day with cloud and rain.....I know over here they say March winds and April showers bring forth May flowers.....so I guess that is why we have rain lol.
I did all of my photo's as well about two months ago when it was cold over here so had to find something to do...and also found loads of pictures of my parents to share with my older sisters, I like to make my pictures into slideshows but so far have put off doing my mom and dad...even though they have been gone a long time looking at the pics of them just doesn't do me any good....so I sorted them out and sent some off to my sisters and then was done....one day lol.
When you mentioned office work, I suddenly had this thought of these clothes I have in this huge suitcase upstairs that I am going to open when I am about five more pounds down...I have a feeling they are all my officey work clothes....I am going to be so disappointed if they are....oh well I will soon find out lol...I am sure I will come on here and moan about it to you....I only had two jobs in Canada, one was split up all over the place in our local hospital, so many days as secretary, so many days in the admitting office....and then I got my real estate licence which was the most fun job but also the most stressful, working 7 days a week days and evenings....I kind of do enjoy not having so much stress in my life now, although the boredom still kicks in now and again....I actually picked a form up to do some volunteer work while I was in town today...but whether I will actually do any or not is another thing...but I have the form lol.....I can't believe I have rambled on so much lol.....
I know what you mean about sisters looking older, my older one is really starting to show signs of aging, but the next one who is only 14 months apart from me looks great, but she puts sun cream on every day summer and winter, so not sure if that is what has helped her....I won't mention my little sister lol...anyway I am still rambling on lol....see you later Mary, and I don't blame you about those scales....I really dislike mine a lot of the time....its a love hate relationship.

Last edited by Sandy1; 04-07-2014 at 08:42 AM..
Old 04-07-2014, 10:24 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Love hate relationship...YEP! I found all this great T-shirts I had put away...Some fit now and the others will soon....I will have to buy some new dress clothes one day....
Talking about having to find something to do is for sure now around here for awhile ....
Since we are going to help son with some money that put a hold on my little thrift store and craft store trips LOL....And we are still planning to go home to Tx..in July...Well I think I can find lots here to do...I am going thru Davids papers all over his desk in our office trying to put things in order lol...I am glad I did work in an office for along time now...He keeps everything and I mean that...LOL
Well time for a break....read afew pages and drink a glass of ice tea...
Old 04-08-2014, 09:03 AM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Got out my Walk Away the Pounds disk...put it on my laptop since I don't remember what buttons to push on the big tv LOL....

High of 94 today....the newsman this morning says it time to turn the air conditioners on here in the desert...LOL...WOW! We have had ours own for awhile now...silly people lol
We keep ours set at 73 for now....we like it cool in our house...

Time to try and put B...together...? lol
Old 04-08-2014, 11:23 AM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Ok you have me...what does 'trying to put B together mean' lol......

94 oh my gosh you lucky thing....how lovely, I managed to get about an hour in the garden with the sunshine and then it went in....it gives us tasters of what is to come but I wish it would hurry up, I haven't been down to the beach in days.
This morning dh got offered a really good job, he has taken all day to think about it, but he finally accepted it this evening, it will come in handy though for holidays etc and seeing the kids in Canada, and I think its something he will enjoy doing, it was a bit of a shock though to both of us as I thought we were retired lol....life is always changing isn't it, gosh what am I going to do with myself now lol, I really might have to fill that volunteer form in now....

So come on....put me out of my misery....'B' ? lol
Old 04-08-2014, 01:54 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

B.....Breakfast....LOL...funny girl...You have me laughing.....our shortcut versions we both use...lol

Glad for your DH...Hey..I would love my DH to be retired and home but I know he still wants to work and it really is alot more money than retirement would be....I did the same thing with the volunteer form ...I have gotten 2 from different places but the I stop and think...I just enjoy home now and all my projects.....Here almost all volunteer jobs as just like going thru the same background checks and CPR classes before you can help out......and then you don't get paid lol... One day the right one will come along...I would enjoy just going to one of the nursing homes and visit since I worked in them so long being an activity director for nursing homes in TX...I might go one day and talk to the AD at one of them to see about volunteering visits...I miss being out around people some days alot...but then I am glad I don't have too any more...
Old 04-09-2014, 01:47 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

Well....cleaned out the refrigerator...We call it icebox....lol....Cleaned out the produce drawer and cut up veggies and put in fresh bags.... now easy to just reach in and grab again what I need.... lol
94 here so warmmmmm....I went out early and worked in the front yard...pulling those stupid weeds lol...and watering my roses that are blooming again...We have so much little desert rocks in the front yard....and we need a lot more added....they have thinned over the years...It had taken me 5 years living here to get use to rocks instead of beautiful green grass lol.

Spanky made a wet booboo on the rug so had to get that dealt with...bad doggie...He just looks up at me with his little sad eyes..mmmmmm yes...you bad doggie LOL

B...strips of bacon with thin layer of vegetable creamcheese..
L...Atkins coconut Bar...wow...and 2 sm...pickles...(you would think I was pregnant...haha..no thanks...LOL
S...Cheeseburger with no bun....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-09-2014 at 01:57 PM..
Old 04-09-2014, 02:02 PM   #197
Major LCF Poster!

Mary you are so right about the volunteer jobs, I actually called this one organization up yesterday, and you need two references and a police check lol, then to process you she said it can take quite a while....I have decided not to do it, I enjoy my time doing the things I want, also I found out today my daughter has cut her hours down at work, she lives on the mainland so hopefully I will see more of her and all the grandchildren, we are also going to do a website together so that should keep me busy, I let my last one go last year when Nick retired, so I might get it up and running again....I am actually now looking forward to having some time to do the things I want to...funny how we can turn things around into a positive thing lol.....I also wanted to say thanks for listening though, its nice having someone to chat with about real things, shame you don't live around the corner lol.....I totally agree with you about the people thing, I am totally a people person but then again my experience has been that they seem to cause an awful lot of stress, so its kind of like I would love more people in my life but without the drama and stress that seems to go with it all.
I honestly can't imagine no grass, I suppose you do get used to it, I think to have all that heat though is a good trade lol....I would take the no grass any day....I have no idea what you mean by desert rocks...are they little pebbles or big rocks...interesting.
it sounds like you have gotten yourself all organized in your fridge, its a nice feeling isn't it...both my fridge and stove need doing, but now I am going to wait until next week when Nick is working in case I get bored lol.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:10 PM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Veteran Voice

Days and years pass for the young slowly...Days and years for the older go fast....Our bodies go thur many many changes as we move thru those years...and we gain weight fast and then we lose those slowly as our bodies make those changes...But at the end of the day we are gathered here to gather to all lose that unwanted weight that we have added no matter young or older .....We are all learning to do this with our own WOE plan and that matters a lot...So we are all encouraged we will get to our goals one day soon...
Old 04-10-2014, 06:51 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Off to buy afew grocs...while it is cool this morning...List is just in my head...just don't know what I want....need yes lol...veggies for sure... Be back later...lol
Old 04-10-2014, 01:13 PM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Well I plan to make the Calflower Pizza tonight...sausage...But will do that tomorrow...

B...none...
L....Atkins Chili plus a 1/2 serv...of ground beef added,
Atkins choc..coconut bar with a Zero coke...
S...Maybe a little garden salad...maybe none....

I am not a Atkins products person...but they were on sale...so I tried them and they work for a quick meal when I come in from shopping...and haven't eaten ...

I compared a real serving of beef chili and a chocolate bar ( Snickers Bar) and it was so different....in carbs and cals....so I still felt I was okkkkkk lol
Old 04-11-2014, 08:25 AM   #201
Major LCF Poster!

Interesting just lurking thur the threads...you learn some interesting stuff and you have to make faces at the other....makes you laugh at times and sad for some who are suffering everyday all the way....Sometimes I get lifted up and the some days it depresses you...It like reading chapters in a book...you have to keep turning the pages to see what happens next.....lol...and I love to read....

Feeling great here...just being careful with my carbs today....Need to get some walking in ...but for now just working in the house this morning...

Sandy...I love reading your thread...everyone is working hard and great support to each other...like that...and you are doing great....yes you are LOL
Old 04-11-2014, 08:42 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

I worry sometimes Mary that I derail your thread a bit by my ramblings lol, so I try to leave you alone sometimes....I am such a worry wort really, I thought I would tell you though so you don't think I am ever ignoring you lol,...I think I tend to over ramble sometimes....
Old 04-11-2014, 11:11 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy ....You silly gal....no way...I love hearing what you have to say....this would be a boring place if we didn't talk about other things and our weight....You are doing great on your thread with the others that are close to their goals and that is great...I read them all.. I am not there and just have a different WOE than you for now...I like hearing from you about funny things we do or memories...lol...we need laughter to make this journey not so boring...and give up....So be don't be silly and not come and share things LOL

This morning I ate another Atkins chili...I am off eggs for a couple of days...that is funny even to me...
Now it is lunch time and I am not really hungry so I am drinking a Big Red Zero drink...it is sweet but good...no cals..no carbs...and it is different...my weight is going down so it works for me...is helps me not be tempted for something really off track..Like a brownie or cinnamon roll etc...I do like the Atkins choc..coconut bar...19 carbs..mmmm but 3 net carbs..but I am learning that I am trying to replace things LC that we really can have but still not get carried away....I love reading all the things that you girls are trying but ofcourse that would not work for me...not now anyway LOL...I don't want to be on a diet...but I do want to make life changes....I still want real free meals but only when I know my mind and body will not get off track forever again....

So come in and laugh with me girl...tell me all...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-11-2014 at 11:19 AM..
Old 04-11-2014, 11:31 AM   #204
Major LCF Poster!

Ahhh that was so sweet of you to say that lol....yep Nick tells me he is going to have silly engraved on my tombstone....I was totally expecting you just to thank me lol. well I am glad I mentioned it as its been bothering me for a while, and I think while it was bothering me I read a sticky on derailing people's journals so that didn't help lol
its nice you pop over to my journal and read the trial and tribulations with our weight loss lol, I read yours everyday even when I don't post, but only don't post because of what I said......fine then, you won't get rid of me now lol...that was your chance and you blew it woman lol.
I think having the big red zero drink is a good idea, I am drinking diet decaf coke, and its not something I have ever really drank before because of all the aspartame, but I think if it can help get me through this then it isn't going to hurt for a while....and it really helps fill me up and takes away that sweet craving that I keep getting....well our fav show has just come on so have to dash.....anyway thanks for letting me ramble...I am mad or silly I know it lol.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:51 PM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

B....none
L....Atkins chili ...( on sale for $1) added a little garden vegetable creamcheese
Frozen atkins bar...3 net carbs
S....Steaks and chicken breast are going on the grill ...
Garden salad with a touch of ranch....

Wore one of my favorite T-shirts today (XL) .....Have 3 shirts hanging up so I can see them in size (L) for motivation .....
Old 04-13-2014, 12:22 AM   #206
Major LCF Poster!

I don't blame you for buying those atkins meals if they are that cheap, that is amazing, and always handy to have, they don't sell them over here but if they did I would buy them now and again.
I am taking two days off low carb this weekend, but I haven't been going overboard, no bread or potatoes or junk have passed my lips lol.....it has made a nice change, and I am back on plan on Monday to start again.
That is a good idea on those t shirts for motivation, I have a lovely cream summer top that I look at every few days lol.....
Hope your weekend is going well with dh, I think I heard someone say your temp is around 100 at the moment, wow that is nice....we are getting close to 60 now lol.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:20 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy....For myself at my age...I will never say I will not have a meal or 2 away from LC for that would be a lie...I am learning that I know I can not ever eat that way every day ever again....So I am just going one day at a time watching what I eat now and it happens to be LC ... No flour or sugar ...No fried items...easy things that I can replace....I just never want to see those scales climb up high or to have to ever go up in size again....I want to just keep losing as it happens and then a year from now I will be so encouraged to keep it up forever....This is not a diet for me...it is a eating change in my life on a daily basis....It is like going to the doctor and them saying No more...or .....Well I don't want that to happen...I want to be able to eat a sm..bag of popcorn on movie date night...I want to be able to enjoy a meal on vacation that I would love ....But I want to know that I am in control now and keep my word to myself....that I will be slimmer and healthier ....I want to enjoy photos that are taken of me and not think...oh..there I am again...WHY...did I not lose that weight....Well now I am and I will no matter how long it takes...but I will enjoy my life as I do this....If I never see the scales for along time I will see my progress thur my own eyes....Life to precious and too short not to enjoy it....

So have a fun weekend...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-13-2014 at 10:30 AM..
Old 04-13-2014, 11:57 AM   #208
Major LCF Poster!

You have a really good mindset Mary, I really enjoyed reading what you wrote, I think weight is just so hard to lose and takes so long that its good to keep thinking like you are...and being in control is really important as well.....you will get there sooner than you think, one poster who was over 300 pounds did it in a year, she looks amazing now, I think you are doing incredible, I know I will never let my weight creep up on me again either its just to hard to get it back down again.
My two days off was salads with a bit of meat and fruits, my favourite food in the world and something that maintains my weight but quite often doesn't let me lose weight, so every five pounds or so I give myself a treat for a couple of days as that is what I am going to be eating when I get to the weight I want to be....it has felt really good but tomorrow I am back on my old wagon to get the last 7 pounds off lol, then I will be back to my normal fruits and salads, I am hoping to get there by the end of April fingers crossed.
Did you do anything interesting this weekend....here it was just shopping and gardening but it was lovely being out in the sunshine as it was hot all day, certainly makes a change.
Old 04-13-2014, 02:56 PM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

Not much happening here this weekend...David worked outside..the gate on the side of the house needed a repair..so fixed that...I have been back and forth from our office and my craftroom all morning...
Old 04-13-2014, 03:37 PM   #210
Major LCF Poster!

I was writing more but it didn't save it all..mmmm...
As I was saying LOL...that I was moving things on the walls around now that we changed our desks on the opposite walls...I brought a lot of my books off the bookshelf and put them on my bookshelf in my craftroom ....made room for some of Davids M&M collection on the shelves...I didn't put any bears on my side of the office...LOL....other things that I like lol I have a craftroom full of bears so that will be enough.....
Back to my reading....Jo Anne Fluke (Hannah Swensen Mystery with Recipes) Reading now....Lemon Meringue Pie Murder....She bakes cookies....and her shop is called The Cookie Jar....she has the real recipes thur out the books....mmmmm but I can't have any.... not funny. lol..but I will take down the recipes for later reference....haha

Light eating here today...not very hungry....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-13-2014 at 03:43 PM..