Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2014, 01:10 PM   #151
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/149.4/140's
WOE: One day at a time
Start Date: February 1st 2014
It sounds like you got your daily dose of exercising....I used to love shampooing carpets and rugs, it just makes everything smell so clean and fresh...and going on your treadmill, wow Mary that is amazing, I do know what you mean about walking in the heat, I remember the summers in Canada not being able to walk or you would just melt....so your days have been lovely and busy....we had more rain again today, I will send you some if you send me some heat lol.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-2014, 02:54 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Sandy....it is 91 right now at 2PM ...so send that rain first class...fast...and I know I have enough sun for you LOLOL

Lunch...had a Oscars 3P protein pack...
S...is chicken but I might have to go and pick up one already cooked at the store for DH is still putting the Micro up over my stove...And I am pooped....LOL
Yes the house does smell fresh now...I love that....
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 05:33 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

91 degrees oh my gosh....you lucky thing, I totally thrive in the heat, it is the best feeling in the world to be hot lol.....in Canada when I stopped working my fav thing to do in the world was vacuum the pool, not the house lol...I think I need to move...we have bits of rain again, it can't decide whether to stay or go....I need to sit in my garden with my coffee and feel that sunshine....but you have all of it by the sounds of it lol.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:07 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

LOL...I clean the pool out but I leave the vacuuming to HIM..lol The heat here in AZ is not like the heat even in Tx....it is a different hot when summer comes....80's are great when that 120 gets here ....JUMP in that pool for sure...and stay...lol..

B...egg,omelet...
L....
S....Chicken....went out for supper last night so had Steak and German boiled cabbage,good....so tonight much fix my chicken...

Well I will picture you in your garden...I don't like coffee but I like to smell it when my DH makes it....I am a ice tea and (lots of ice) drinker all day...I remember when I lived over there....my neighbor have her hot tea and I would carry my glass of ice tea over to visit her....we just would laugh....I made homemade cookies and she had the little cucumber sandwiches lol..

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...
Old 03-25-2014, 06:06 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Well I used up my leftover mashed cauliflower and put it with my cut up chicken breast..I put a little Italian dressing into the meat after it was browned then added the cauliflower mixture...Not bad for just something thrown together LOL...just added some seasonings and we ate it...mmm good...

I got a book from the library today called ...Real Food Has Curves.....How to get off processed food, lose weight and love what you eat....So I will check it out ....Some recipes inside too it says...DH is playing his video game so it is quite here right now...
Old 03-26-2014, 02:45 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

It makes me laugh when you say...when summer comes....that is so funny Mary, how does your new microwave look.....we went without a microwave for about 2 years after our old one broke, I started reading about how unhealthy they were etc etc, anyway after two years I gave in and brought one lol, I thought in all the years I have used one there has never been side effects.....it was just one of my mad moments of researching to much lol.
Our weather still isn't good, so no sitting out in the garden for me yet, its just cloudy and a bit miserable although my sons in Nova Scotia are expecting a big snow storm today, I hope they stay home and don't go to work....I think 50 cm of snow is expected where they are, poor things.
Your book sounds like a good one, don't forget to share interesting bits you read....oh and did your scale move again....whoop whoop Mary I am so so happy for you....
I wonder why the English like cucumber sandwiches lol, my mom's favourite to make was crab and cucumber for sunday tea lol.....funny.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:25 AM   #157
Major LCF Poster!

OH snow...ohhhhhh just the thought makes me chilled.....One of my cousins lives in Michigan and still is having snow....

The book was ok...just a lot of recipes but not great ones mmm shoot lol.. Have another one I am going to research....I am like you ...I like to read and research lots of things...DH is the same way with going places or anything really...He is the cross word type man that is smart..mmmmm that is ok...I am the type ...show me how to do it and I will take good notes and not forget what to do ever again...lol

I am feeling great for only being on this new plan for my life for only 5 weeks and have lost 18 lbs...and not on induction for me....just changing my cals and carbs....The scales go up and down with that .2 or .4 or .6 lol so I don't like to post unitil it is real for sure lol....I would like to get this first 20 over with for I think that is a good goal reached then you feel you are off the starting line...then to keep that and start over again...I want to be ready if the pounds stall at times and just not ever give in again....so I enjoy each day knowing that I am feeling better....Who doesn't want to look a little cute ...everyone...

B....leftover chicken dish from supper and eggs...
L...
S...Groundbeef defrosting...????

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-26-2014 at 08:37 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 09:21 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

I think that is totally totally amazing that you have lost so nice and quickly, its really motivating when its like that....you will soon be a skinny Minnie lol...your right with wanting to look cute lol....I finally reached the point where I can wear this one pair of jeans and the button has now stopped popping open...I can't wait to get a really big case out of the attic which is filled with skinnier clothes...hopefully by the time summer comes fingers crossed......I have heard we are in for a scorcher so I am really looking forward to that.....today we did a really long beach walk but it was freezing, I had to wrap my scarf around my head in the end to cover my ears brrrrr.
I liked what you said when you put that even if you stall to never give in again...as I think that is half the battle, we all stall and then its unmotivating and the snack attacks start to happen lol.....I am not giving in either...I am stalling at the moment, but its not really a stall, just three days the same...hence the walking today lol....but I am determined to get it off me.....do you ever wonder where all the fat goes....I mean we lose a pound and where did it go lol, I guess its used as energy, but its a funny thought, I watched a movie years ago about people who were taking these pills and losing weight and the fat jumped out of them with little arms and legs and went dancing off lol....
Well I should get on with dinner now I have recovered from my walk and had a coffee.....

Last edited by Sandy1; 03-26-2014 at 09:22 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy...just think how close you are and then the next step will be to maintain your weight...a new journey started....I am so happy for you...I will be happier when I am there LOLOL It is always a journey we will be on but I think now we both will be able to control not gaining so much as we have in the last years...I am planning to learn how to enjoy food again but always try not to use that flour and sugar everyday...I want to be able to enjoy a real Chicken Fried Steak and Fries with alittle gravy when we go out again but not to ever get so away from my LCs....It is a learning thing now...Since I have not had any fruit I know that is my next food I can add if I get down...and still it will be a LC food I haven't had...I know that I have a good recipe for a flourless pumpkin pound cake or Almond pound cake when I start to lose really good and I can have alittle something sweet and not get off track with the real pound cake I love and would gain on...fast...
So this time around for me is all about learning as I go...I want to be a young healthy Senior Citizen that loves having fun with my DH and family when we are visiting together...I told David yesterday when I went to the library I was so proud that when I had to walk that long walk to get to the front door and carry all the books I had in my bag ....my back wasn't killing me and I wasn't out of breath... So I will take those little things as they come....they encourage me to keep on moving....
No rain here...some wind....had to get out and pulled the umbrellas down...and make sure nothing had ended in the pool...no..Yea....

Lunch...2 sm...snack turkey links...I small piece of pork jerky...a slice of hot pepper cheese...one small portion of peanuts...1/2 oz.. I was trying out the snacks we will take on our trip so I just made it my lunch...since I don't do snacks...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-26-2014 at 12:41 PM..
Old 03-27-2014, 07:37 AM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Goodmorning Sandy....
I have noticed on my calendar that I have been having a loss every other day over all....on the days in between I had the .2.4.6 or.8 gains ...then back down the next day..
I am hoping to reach that 20 lb goal before we go to Calif...next week

B....eggs...fixed some way...???
L...never know
S....fish ....veggie
Old 03-27-2014, 09:57 AM   #161
Major LCF Poster!

That's funny as I seem to be losing every other day as well, apart from the other day when I was the same for three days....yes we are going to be healthy and be cute lol....oh my gosh your trip has come round so quick, you must be so excited...California lol, whoop whoop, it sounds really amazing, and it is good you are planning already on snacks and things for you journey, I am looking forward to hearing all about it....how long did you say it would take you to drive there....
By the way almond pound cake sounds so yummy, I love plain cake...I think when I get where I want to get I am going to experiment more with things like almond flour and coconut flour and see what I can come up with when I fancy something nice.....but not yet lol...
Today I got a fair amount of exercise as I walked to town came home, forgot one of the things I meant to buy so had to do it all again lol.....now its time for dinner....I am doing an experiment and having fish two days in a row as I seem to lose every other day when I have fish....so that should be interesting....well have to get it all started....hope your day is a good one.
Old 03-27-2014, 11:41 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Fish sounds good...since that is what we are having it tonight too...It is funny how we are losing the way we are but I love that losing lol....
It takes 6 hours of driving to Anaheim CA...but we love driving ourselves and we are early birds...will get there early and maybe drive on down to the coast just up the street and hang out...Then go to Universal Studios in LA as it opens up the next morning early...We will be thru earlier than they close and we are going drive down the coast to San Diego which is about a 2hr drive...but the ocean is beautiful to look at...We were just there afew weeks ago we are staying in a new time shares hotel...
Old 03-27-2014, 12:04 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

Cont..story....then off across the bridge to Coronado Beach for afew hours and a meal...then back home to AZ....David is off Sat and Sun....so he will rest...He does all the driving unless we are going on long long trip...

Well I got all the recycled and trash out....Gathered some items to take to Goodwill next time I go...Started a new book by my author I am reading now....Sherrly Woods...

Time for Lunch...but I am not hungry...sooooo we will see...
Old 03-27-2014, 08:38 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

Research on the total calories and carbs in a day....

B.. On my your way out to buy groceries and run errands.......drive thru at Burger King.....Sausage,cheese biscuit, 550 calories....34 carbs
L....break from errands....Drive thru McDonalds....10 piece chicken nuggets...190 cal...12carbs..
S...
Old 03-27-2014, 08:53 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Was doing some research on how many calories I might have eaten on a busy day running errands all day...I started at Burger King drive thru for B...then a drive thru at McDonalds quick lunch...then out to eat with DH at say Taco Bell...
Total of Calories for the day....1990 maybe higher when you super size a meal...
Total of Carbs for the day......152

To think of eating that much in carbs...wow...but even meals at home cooking the same thing myself....would be that much...or more...
Old 03-27-2014, 11:38 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Just sitting here quietly just searching lowcarb recipes on youtube...I found a shrimp taco I am going to try for DH...he loves fish tacos or shrimp...Never made this before for sure...The taco shell is made with 2 slices of Provolone cheese...that should be good....I saw a mac and cheese ...ofcourse with cauliflower but it was different...Then a fried chicken recipe...all low carb....I have to find that coconut flour....I ground my own almonds for the almond flour.....oh and a chocolate chip cookie tooooo for down the road...lol
Old 03-28-2014, 03:15 AM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

That sounds totally lovely Mary, I envisioned it as I was reading what you were going to be doing....you must be so excited, I remember loving Nicks time off from work...now I take him for granted lol......it sounds really nice and relaxing as well, you will have to tell me all about Universal studios, my niece went a couple of times with her dad but it was years ago and with my memory I have forgotten everything.....

I enjoyed your research, that was fun, and wow all those carbs lol....I don't suppose we will ever eat like that again.....I have heard of that taco made with provolone cheese, and I remember someone who microwaves their cheese and when it cools down and goes crispy she leaves it on the counter in a little container so she can snack on it.

Its fun researching recipes isn't it, I made myself a book of low carb recipes when I first started, and then another book to journal my food and weight, I know online is good but I love notebooks, I have to many of them lol.

Well I am just about to go out and its clouded over and now looks like rain...again....the weekend is supposed to be nice though...I really need some of your sunshine and warmth lol.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:25 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Wow....seems I been in this pattern with my weight...almost every other day I have dropped a lb...:I know that I have this regular routine now ...(for now) with the no snacks at night and nothing after 5:30PM....I ate a snack of 2 turkey snack sticks and a little amt. of peanuts for a meal....and one day I had pork jerky with some hot pepper cheese slices...but they were counted as my meal...I keep my mind ready though for when that change comes and I might really get hungry at night....then I can have a LC snack...that is why I am researching LC recipes that later on I will cook so we will not jump off the wagon...l will make the fried chicken and the shrimp tacos for sure....Even LC can be addicting to eat to much sometimes if it really has some flavor...lol...
Old 03-28-2014, 10:30 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

Just in the middle of cooking my dinner and your post popped up on my laptop lol....I had to come and say whoop whoop...well done you...I am so happy for you Mary...doing a little jig in the kitchen for you lol....ok better get back its going to burn.....but that really made my day.....
Old 03-28-2014, 01:48 PM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy....LOL..I can just see you jumping around in your kitchen...hey what an exercise haha!

Just came in from the back yard ...water the plants and the Pool lol . Filled all the bird feeders up....pulled some weeds...my favorite thing...Sure it is lol ...
So dinner is cooking...mmmm sounds good...

B...none
L...an atkins box lunch.... (chili) never had one...ok..but only if I needed it..with 4 tequila chicken wings... I bought the atkins meal for DH for work...
S...Seasoned beef slices with broccoli and hot cheese sauce....

Going to put my nose in my book I am reading....and drink my ice tea....
Old 03-28-2014, 02:16 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Your dinner sounded lovely, I could picture it lol..I think it was the cheesy sauce that sounded so warming and yummy.....your day sounded so much nicer than mine...freezing cold day, I was going to go out but to chilly I think, so I decided to do nothing, just catch up on emails to sisters and kids, and researched, it was kind of nice but I wanted to be out in the sunshine which seems to have forgotten us, tomorrow and the next day are supposed to be nice, not hot but pleasant....we will see lol.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:06 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

This is why I don't post on my weight change on my calendar except on the days I loss for the scales says I gained 2.6lbs this morning...my other plain scales so no that I was the same weight as yesterday....That is what digital scales are good for lol...but I don't get excited and upset now for I know that I am on track 100 %...Today I will just stay on my plan just like I always do and get to moving for the day....I have learned mentally that you can let the scales own you or you can own them....my body tells me more than the # on the scales....I think a lot of people that have lost great large amts..of weight made it because they knew that their bodies changes as they went along....the scales were just the tool to see in the long run that they were losing but it still was not the only answer...their bodies were....

B...out for breakfast....Will be LC all the way....
Old 03-29-2014, 10:22 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

That is really true about the scales Mary, I honestly don't let them bother me to much either, today I was up a pound lol, but overall its downwards we go which is the main thing.
Our weather was lovely today so we went to a nice pub for lunch and then had to do the dreaded grocery shopping which takes the rest of the afternoon as I like to go to different shops for different things ....it drives Nick mad lol....really hoping its warm again tomorrow so we can get some long walks in.....hope your day was a good one Mary.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:33 PM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

No lunch....
Early Supper....Beef tacos....make the taco shell out of provolone cheese (had it cut at the meat counter for thicker....Meat, lettuce and taco sauce...
Old 03-30-2014, 09:19 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

Cool and cloudy outside this morning...DH is working in the yard...while I am getting the trash and recycle ready for pick up tomorrow...

Enjoyed the cheese shells...can make little pizzas too with these....I like that I had the cheese sliced thicker....

Washed DH new black work pants he bought yesterday so they are ready to go...The dryers signal when it is finished plays a cute little song and I thought it was DH work cell phone since he has several different rings for the different schools...lol...it was funny...
Old 03-30-2014, 10:58 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Melt the provolone cheese slice then add a layer of Garden Vegetable creamcheese on top then add a slice of meat .....Philly cream cheese...nice for a snack or a quick meal....
Old 03-30-2014, 04:24 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Supper is in the oven .. ....Chopped some summer squash into small pieces,chopped green onions, chopped tomato, chopped yellow and orange peppers....Cook in melted butter and add seasoning...garlic powder, Cavender's greek seasoning,salt, lemon juice...Made 2 separate servings in 2 pieces of foil....placed the fish down, topped with the veggie mixture, topped it with the juice..fold the foil up and bake for 25 mins...375.
Will see how it taste soon..

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-30-2014 at 04:27 PM..
Old 03-31-2014, 10:15 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Goodmorning here in the desert....On my way out to pick up afew groceries ..going to do a load of washing when I return then just relax with my book I am reading...I don't usually read mysteries but this is a light one that is funny....The Chocolate Chip Murder...and the next one is the Blueberry muffin Murder...I think...lol...It has all the recipes in the book as you read tooooo wow...taking a chance here lol...loaded cookies ...I am going to take the recipes down for Christmas time lol...

Scales moving on down so I want to be a good girl...DH says we are staying in Anaheim 2 nights then travel down to SD early next morning....So ok with me...

No B...yet ...wait until I get home...not sure what I want this morning...
S.....Pork roast thawing but I might pick up chicken at the store....not sure yet ?

Have some ribeyes in freezer that I am going to marinate in bag and then take them with us ...they will stay real cold in our cool drinks we are taking on ice...DH says he will just throw them on the grill at our hotel...they have a real nice area for that ...So ok....will do...Most of our timeshare properties have full kitchens but this one doesn't...but we will make do with the micro...
I have some small LC snacks for Universal Studios..I don't carry much when we go to theme parks...just a very small purse...but DH has his shorts with big pockets so I will stick some sm..pkgs..of nuts or little bags of jerky or turkey links I got ready..We will eat a meal there I know but will have these for temptations over the goodies...lol
Old 03-31-2014, 12:53 PM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Lunch....Atkins chili...added alittle Jimmy Deans cooked ground turkey...and hot pepper cheese on top....Made a couple of cheese crisps in micro for my crackers..lol

So a piece of grilled chicken for supper for sure....

Bought some atkins breakfast bars for DH to have...not my thing...but he needs something in the morning on the run to work...so we will see how that works...lol
Old 04-01-2014, 03:45 PM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Busy morning around here....Got all the LC food I wanted to take with us on the road...I made some deviled eggs and meat&cheese,mayo,mustard roll ups...Several LC snacks ....So I think I am ready ...mmmm...Clothes are ready to pack so that will be done after supper....need to know what T-shirts DH is taking...lol...

B...eggs and leftover cut up chicken breast..
L...none..
S....Port roast and Califlower with Cheese sauce....

Hope you have had a great day Sandy...It is going to be cooler in CA...wow..so that will be nice...still going down to the Oceanside...LOL...