Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 09:12 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/149.4/140's
WOE: One day at a time
Start Date: February 1st 2014
That sounds awesome Mary, I used to love road trips although we only did one long one once but it was fun....and you get to see lots on the way as well, it sounds lovely, getting away always does us good, and its lovely having something to look forward to, I definitely want to hear all about it, Universal studios is meant to be brilliant, you are the lucky woman lol.
Hopefully you will stop bouncing in the next day or two...you are doing brilliantly with your loses by the way.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2014, 01:43 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
About getaways....we feel one day we will settle to not being able to go as much so we are trying to enjoy afew now...We both have had so much lost in our families and little trials with our grown children that we both love so much and they ofcourse know we do...that we just have to put aside for awhile and go away....We love nature...walking thru the forest and watching the birds and whatever might pop out from behind a bush..lol

I am looking way down the road for my goal so the scales don't own me right now...I will except it whatever # it gives me and go on....I am doing great and if I stop well I will just keep on and on and on LOL...I know what I can not have now for sure and I want to learn to except that.....I just stay away from flour and sugar ...so that means no fried items....not casseroles with starches added...My potatoes,macaroni and rice are gone except...I will let myself have a free meal all the way every once in awhile but only once in awhile...I will not get off track...this is long journey for me...I don't think anyone will notice except me or my DH any of my lost until about 30lbs then I will make changes from there maybe...I know when I have made a change and that is all that matters to me LOL...DH and I both are doing good at the choices we have decided to work with...so that helps me a lot...

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-18-2014 at 01:52 PM..
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 04:23 AM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Its lovely that you have a great guy to do things with, and its nice that we have reached the point where our children are grown up now.....and now its time for us to take a breather and do the things we want to do, that's the exact same point me and Nick got to last year lol.
You have a really good mindset Mary....you know exactly what you are doing...you have a plan and its working.....I agree no one will notice....yet....but they will soon...no one will notice my loss either, but hopefully at some point it will show.....also for me its about getting my clothes to fit lol, I am excited about getting into clothes I haven't worn in a few years, but I have a while to go yet.
So what are you up to today.....we are off on a long walk this afternoon with the dogs, our weather is walking weather, a bit cloudy but still really nice outside, I would prefer hot heat though but I guess we can't have everything....hope your day is a good one, don't enjoy that sunshine to much lol.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:31 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Goodmorning Sandy....it is 7:30am now and 52 and it will get up to about 81 to 85 later this after noon....On my way out to do a Walmart run...need dogfood....and a few other things...
I took everything out of my closet the other day and went thru all the clothes.... now I know what I really can wear, what I would love to wear again and those that just flew out of my closet to the donation...I will never be there again...haha... My goal is to wear a pair of jeans with the zipper again lol...not the elastic...I wear a lot of jean capri pants when I go places...I saw a couple of older ladies ( I say in their 70s) inline the other day in front of me and they both had zip up jeans and cute shirts on and I thought....that is the NEW ME. I wear shorts around the house and ofcourse my bathing suit in the pool buttttt no one to see me haha..except DH..I do have cute clothes just not in small sizes mmmmmm...but that is my goal one day...Down the road but I will get there...I am just doing this one day at a time....I remember just going day by day and not knowing I was gaining until at the end of a year then I was shocked.... WOW...I have gained 10lbs this year...well that is over with now...It just came on alittle at a time and happened for the last few years...So now I want to shock myself into a great loss it the end of the year....The older you get the harder to want to lose and to do it sometimes ...so I am in the game for the prize and that is a new me...I just play it by ear everyday...I plan and I just tell myself ....everyday...you can and you want to do this no matter how long it takes...

A walk on the beach sounds wonderful...I will share my heat with you...alittle... Have fun ...

B....
L...
S...
No snacks....
I don't know yet what today will bring mmmmmm

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-19-2014 at 07:45 AM..
Old 03-19-2014, 09:11 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

I love your mindset....you are so determined, I can hear it in every post you write...you really will make this happen.....you are making this happen lol....did your tracker move again lol or am I imagining it????? I have a terrible memory, but I am sure it has moved lol, let me know so I can do a happy dance for you.
I have a pair of jeans that whenever I sit down the popper button comes open...totally drives me mad lol, I am looking forward to wearing them and the button staying closed lol.
I remember mine creeping up on me as well without realizing what was happening...although about three years ago I was put on some medication and within six months I shot from 150 to 185, I came off the medication as you can guess...and it has taken me the last few years to get where I am now, but I was just trying to eat healthier, which is very slow going, low carb makes things go much quicker...
Lol I didn't mention where my walk was going to be....but you guessed, I just didn't want to mention it....I am mad I know.....it was breezy down there today and glad I had a jacket on......85 degrees where you are...wow, that is all I have to say lol. it totally kills me that I live in such a chilly country lol.
I wonder how many hours in front of you we are, I have a feeling it must be something like 7, that is quite a lot really.
ok off to have a snack before I die of hunger.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:16 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

I was thinking the same thing about how many hours away we are...I looked it up and it says a non stop flight would take 10hrs....I know when I flew from Philadelphia to London it was about 7 1/2 hrs...but it took more than that for they keep us in the air longer because the royal family was flying in that area and we couldn't land...we didn't even get to land at Heathrow like we were suppose to...landed in the other airport...I flew from Tx. and had an had a 3 day layover because the British plane was delayed...lol..wow..Of course the Air Force took care of us for that whole time ...funnnnn time..

Yes I did move the numbers down....Well I have to be dedicated for I have a lot I need to lose...but slowly is fine for me...
Mini goal...225 before we to California...April 2nd

B...none...running errands...
L....leftover chicken and buttered cauliflower...
S...I still don't know...mmmmmm What should we have LOL..
I think some ground turkey browned.....
Broccoli and cream cheese sauce...pour over meat...
Sliced cucumbers...
No snacks... nothing after 5:30pm ....(but have LC snack ready just in case )

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-19-2014 at 01:26 PM..
Old 03-19-2014, 01:35 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy....I am not a sickly person but when I lived there I had bronchitis almost the whole 3 yrs.. It was so wet there....I was in the doctors office lots...But I loved it there and just went on my way to work and site seeing all over when we weren't working...LOL..we should have traveled more just further out from us...but we both worked a lot of hours on base when we were there...My DH worked for the Wing Commander so he was on base a lot and I worked at the Officers club and I counted monies from so many events that happened on base...I volunteered in the early morning at the school as a teachers aide so I stayed busy...our son was 8 then so he just went along with us ....He loved it there too...He collected British stamps and coins so he was happy...He was always reading a book lol....
Old 03-19-2014, 02:27 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

What lovely memories you have, I enjoyed reading that....I had to laugh about the bronchitis, I have had so many episodes of bronchitis, the last one lasted for three months but then we moved to Canada and I was fine, touch wood since we have moved back here I have been really healthy.
When your first post came up today it registered here at my time which was 2.30 in the afternoon so that means we are 7 hours ahead of you in time, so when I get up mostly at around 8ish..it must be around 1 in the morning where you are lol....ok going to look up the time difference just so I know lol.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:30 PM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Ok yes it is 7 hours, so when I got to bed at around 11ish you probably haven't even had your dinner lol....I find things like that really funny, my kids in Canada at the moment are 4 hours behind us.

Ok then I am definitely not popping in for coffee in the morning now lol.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:46 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

LOL...I know that it is now 9:30 pm and it is 12:30 on the East coast..Well we know we are doing different things at different times for both of us LOL...that is funny..

Yes I was like you....when I got back Texas I got welllll...I still do have trouble sometimes but not much anymore...I am pretty healthy...even my Dr...said I was pretty healthy inside my body.....well thanks Doc ! I have a woman doctor now ....My bones are getting alittle older...Like I didn't know that LOL ...I think 60 starts afew changes but I don't think of age.. ...I don't try to be 70 or 80 before I get there and I don't try to be a young 20 year old lol...I have a few friends that are that way and I go...why.. and they are younger than me...NO WAY...
Old 03-20-2014, 03:49 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Well my morning is getting away from me, it is already quarter to eleven and I have given myself a lazy morning....check the time above my picture to see when it was posted your time, I guess it is around quarter to four in the morning where you are lol.

Yes I have a woman doctor to now, I think it only bothered me a bit the older I got for some strange reason.
I started noticing the aging process starting last year when I was 56, I could see very gradually over the year little changes taking place in my skin etc, new little lines appearing....I was not impressed lol, so I slather my face cream on and also coconut oil and hope for the best....I have noticed my arms don't look to great, the skin has gone older looking, definitely not impressed....but I was reading an article this morning on vitamin c, and it said it has a lot to do with the collagen in your skin....which I thought was a bit of a coincidence as last year I stopped taking my vitamin c, so now I am wondering if there is a connection...I will buy some more when I go grocery shopping on Saturday....I do agree with you on women trying to look younger, I used to have a friend who even in her fifties wore mini skirts and tried to act like she was 25, it didn't look good at all.....I just want to grow old gracefully with as least wrinkles as possible lol.
Well I should move and hang my laundry out and stop being so lazy.....hope your day is a good one....
Old 03-20-2014, 08:29 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Oh...I haven't hung laundry out in years and I love the smell of the clothes when they have been out on the line.. When I was growing up we always had a clothes line to hang clothes...my mother never had a dryer in her house even when she was older and my brother and sister and I could have bought her one any day she wanted it...Here in Az ...my clothes would be dry as fast as I put it on the line with the hot hot weather...LOLOL
Old 03-20-2014, 09:03 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

B...haven't had it yet..
L....
Supper ....Porks chops...Cabbage and tomatoes..mmmm

Talking about food.....Just a laugh for you.....One day when I was working at school several of us ladies at lunchtimes were talking about recipes and how we cooked at home...I was talking about a recipe for a cake I had made from scratch......and what ingredients when into the cake mixture.....( scratch means making it homemade ...Not a box mix)..One of the younger girls at the table wanted to know where did she buy that scratch...we laughed for so long...then had to explain how to cook from scratch...My grandmother taught my mother, and my mother taught me the same way...A little of that and a dash of this makes this .....I still do that ...but I do like to take short cuts sometimes...LOL
Old 03-20-2014, 09:29 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Lol....that was funny, made me burst out laughing.....it reminded me of the time my younger sister put a tin of baked beans in the oven because it said 'baked beans' I don't know why she actually did this....another time she came out of the bathroom at my house and said I hope you don't mind but I used some of your face cream, I said no of course I don't mind, but then it dawned on me that I kept my face cream in the bedroom.....it turned out she had put haemorrhoid cream on her face lol.....to funny.....Well its nearly dinner time here so I should get a move on....we had the worst walk today, went to the beach walked for about an hour and a half, walked up two really steep hills (trying to get in shape lol) but I must have gotten sand in my runners which went between my toes, they got so sore....and then the wind was hurting my ears.....I am still glad I went and got the exercise but it definitely wasn't one of those pleasant walks lol.....ok dinner is calling me...thanks for the laugh....
Old 03-20-2014, 11:56 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

LOL funny ....runners....is that your tennis shoes lol...sorry you walk wasn't great but as you say ...you were exercising...mmmm I wonder what mmmmm really means lol... I could just see your face grinning about the cream and the beans...LOL...
Off to my craftroom to look thru some quilting....If I worked on a quilt as much as I looked thru so many quilt books and thru the pretty pieces of material I have I would have one made by now LOL...

B...Canadian bacon and cheese...
L...none
Supper ...Porkchops....
Old 03-20-2014, 12:36 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Old 03-20-2014, 12:40 PM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Old 03-21-2014, 06:53 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

That was funny as well, 'you could have made a quilt by now' lol.....I am the worst at that...sewing is untouched....knitting is untouched lol.
Today I am doing gentle walking to town to get salad and fish, I am done with those hills for a few days, but hopefully I can find a nice spot outside in the sun to have a coffee while I am in town, the sun is shining and blue sky but I still think its thin jacket weather....hubby is taking the dogs to the beach while I have my relaxing day lol, my legs are still killing me.....hope your day is a really nice one....

Edit to add....yes runners are tennis shoes lol....in Canada they are called runners, in England they are called trainers....I get muddled as to what to call them lol.

Last edited by Sandy1; 03-21-2014 at 06:54 AM..
Old 03-21-2014, 09:02 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Tennis shoes,runners or trainers will not be on my feet today...socks only lol...Worked outside yesterday so today having a project day inside my craftroom...LOL...
David was searching google earth last night to see our neighbors back yard lol....we know them well....wanted to see their shape of their pool lol...they just had it refinished ...it has a curved look and ours is just straight and long...it was funny to be able to see our yards and the top of houses...Our yards look brown with us all having so much rocks for yards here in the desert...we have grass around our backyard away from the pool area...anyway....My DH googled your Island and he said ...Well were does she live...YOU..I said,on the beach...LOL...that is all he got...He thought I was a smarty pants LOL....He was looking at Banbury...well which street did you live on...I don't know honey...it was 30 yrs. ago...My DH is a research nut...but he so funny...you have to love him...that is why we have fun vacations...lol

Went out for supper last night and had a taco salad instead of cooking my pork...NO dishes to wash..loved it...

B....Canadian bacon and fried eggs...
L...
S Pork for sure...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-21-2014 at 09:09 AM..
Old 03-21-2014, 01:26 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Isn't that funny that working hard outside makes you gain....its a good job we kind of know the science of it as otherwise it wouldn't make sense.....I hope your day was a good one doing fun projects, its nice to get stuck into something interesting....my day didn't go as planned, it was so blowy outside that I didn't get my coffee out, and when I got home had to drive to the next town to collect something which took about an hour and a half in the traffic....just one of those days...also my older sister is not well who lives up north so lots of emailing with my other older sister....so not much of a relaxing day....so a treat evening was needed, so I am having 2 Bacardi and cokes which will make me chill....just hope those scales don't stall out on me....but sometimes a treat is needed lol.
I used to love playing with google earth a few years ago when we were in Canada, I used to love to look where my sisters houses were etc over in England, I always hoped I would see them on the street lol........oh I wish I did live on the beach Mary...it takes about 10 minutes to walk there....its less if its a coldish day and we walk fast lol....I think I like your imagination best though...can I also have a bigger house lol.
I agree with what you said over on my journal....its a shame we can't go to town and have coffee together....I am glad I met you but its a shame you don't live around the corner lol.....that was lovely you got to eat out, it sounded yummy, and great no dishes to wash, I love that....talk to you tomorrow.....
Old 03-21-2014, 08:05 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Hey we sometimes have those kind of days we need those little treats....life happens and we need a pick me up ...Sorry about your sister...I only have one and she lives in TX...I don't e-mail much anymore since we use facebook to talk and send pictures and stuff lol She is 1 1/2 yrs. younger than me and my brother is the oldest by 6 almost 6 yrs...
Old 03-21-2014, 08:18 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy when I dream....I dream big so you can have that big house on the beach...which one you want LOL...I want one toooo lol...When I win the lottery we can will have lots of them...We buy tickets and take a chance for the fun...never know..some one has to win...My mother won a new car many years ago....in a drawing in a grocery store...wow..

Just drinking a zero sprite...with alittle wild cherry flavored water added....Wild..haha..I haven't eaten any snacks at night at all yet...I am so happy ....I don't miss them yet......YET! David hasn't had his ice cream since we started and he loves his ice cream....but I will let him have another bag of his LC M&Ms......
I went thur a lot of photos today in my craftroom...I might work on a scrapbook page...to many projects .....mmmmm but fun....

Well nite nite for now friend....
Old 03-22-2014, 10:10 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Mary....I guess you are off somewhere nice this afternoon....for us today it was grocery shopping, but I love shopping since I gave up work, its nice to have the time to wander and not be in a total rush with children or grandchildren.....thank you for the big house lol, yes I must start doing the lottery as well, I keep saying I am going to do it then I forget, I will pick some up on Monday when I have to go to town...you are right someone has to win it lol.
Its brilliant you don't miss snacking, I don't either really, I only kind of did it at weekends, I did buy some pork scratchings about a week ago but ended up giving them to dh as they make me feel queasy.
Well its dinner time....hope your weekend is totally fabulous....and I want to hear all about it...
Old 03-22-2014, 03:39 PM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Wow this day has been a long day already....DH starts the day out with.....Lets turn our furniture in our office here in the house around....YEA! sure thing honey...His ideal went out the window and mine came in to play haha...So right now we( WELL me) so far has taking things off the desk and off the book shelve I am moving out of the room into my craftroom....He bought a new small tv to go on the wall for our other one went out so he has to get that fixed first before we move our desks...Funny man...but it will look great when we get it done...We did go shopping for a new washer and dryer front loaders ..YEA! and I did get that today...Will be delivered tomorrow...and they will take ours away that we have now....We were going to donate them so that will save us having to move them ourselves....And a new microwave for mine went on the blink afew weeks ago...So we are in debt LOL...but we had a fun morning LOL..

B....bacon, eggs, cheese sauce, slice tomato....Out for breakfast with DH
L non...Spent money ....LOL Cant afford lunch...LOL
S...I don't know YET!

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-22-2014 at 03:45 PM..
Old 03-23-2014, 03:25 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

I do love having a move round of furniture...it just makes everything look fresher for some reason....and its a fun project to do...it sounds like you were having fun doing it as well......a new washer and dryer whoop whoop, I do adore new appliances lol, we had to have a new washer in Feb....and it is so awesome, just so nice and quiet compared to my old one which was so noisy I would go shopping after switching it on as I couldn't stand the noise lol....everyone in England has front loaders....but guess what... I do prefer the one I had in Canada which was a top loader, and I could open the lid and throw that sock in that always got left behind on the floor lol....with a front loader you can't do that....once that door is shut, the silly door stays shut lol....anyway I do love my front loader now but over here there is no choice...they look nicer I think though...did you say you got a new tv and microwave as well.....oh what a lovely day you had....that was one lovely shopping trip lol....also its amazing how quickly you are getting them delivered, today? that is totally brilliant, you have lots to play with now lol.......I was laughing at your comment on lunch that was funny lol....
Well the sun is shining here so hopefully we are going out to play somewhere as we found the map....we will see....it might rain lol. Have a great day Mary, I will think of you playing with all of those machines....
Old 03-23-2014, 08:43 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Ha!Ha! well I started the fun with the machines that want be delivered until this afternoon...DH moved the washer and dryer out from the wall so I could clean the floor...fun lol Yes we bought a new small tv for the office wall....We bought one just like it for my craftroom afew weeks ago....Yes I did get a new Microwave too...So now we can nuke again lol.....We are working on moving our desks around this morning...I know what you mean about it feels fresh again......

Well need to get some breakfast going....Eggs and bacon
L...???
Supper ...Chicken and veggie..

Have fun with your day....I know you will LOL....talk later
Old 03-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

L...tuna salad...
S...maybe just some porkrinds...

Well Spanky (our dog) and I are close up in the office for now...they are setting the appliances up in the laundry room....I am sitting here watching the guys unload everything from my window...I can't get use to my desk being on this wall now since we changed the furniture around this morning LOL...I only use my PC when I am using my printer lots... I use my laptop in the other room...
Nice outside today so that is great....
DH got a call from one of his brothers and said that their other brother had been real sick..He is older than David...and single and doesn"t take care of himself very good...sad..when you live the hard life you pay for it down the road....the choices we make hurts us sometimes...

Well I am going to read until the guys finish....talk later...
Old 03-23-2014, 05:01 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

That sounds exciting....new toys...its all going on in your house isn't it lol.....my day has been the most boring I have had in ages....we were going to go out but it rained and rained....I did run to town and with some hops and skips I managed to dodge the raindrops lol...thought I would clean but then thought its Sunday, you can't clean on a Sunday lol...any excuse....its funny to think its around 4 your time and 11 here, nearly my bed time lol.....anyway enjoy playing, its lovely to have new things....and you did get a new tv and microwave....oh that is so nice, it will keep you busy for a while.
Sorry to hear about hubbys brother, I have a little sister like that, it is sad isn't it, but you can only do so much, its still hard though.
I think your tracker has moved again lol....come on tell me....did it move lol.
Old 03-23-2014, 05:07 PM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

A goal without a plan is just a wish! I believe this to be true...

Set a goal, Create a plan, Follow the plan.....3 great choices take...

Be Your Own Inspiration! Take pride in yourself by working hard on your own WOE...Reward yourself when you have made a step in losing those pound...Keep a journal and research things that make your journey fun as you travel along the way...

Believe while others are doubting...
"People may doubt what you sat, but they will believe what you do"

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-23-2014 at 05:18 PM..
Old 03-24-2014, 11:56 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

B...tuna salad with a touch of peanuts added..
L...
S...Grilled Chicken and veggie

Started walking on my threadmill last night.....would love to be walking outside but it is just too warm here in the desert....

Busy with house work today...did my first load in my new washer....and shampooing the carpets we still haven't replaced with the new flooring yet...So I count that as alittle exercise lol...
Feeling great ....little goal to be at 225 before we go to California ...we will try...Making plans to be good on our trip but will enjoy a free meal at least one time I am sure.....

Sandy ...you are looking good there girl...so proud you...I know your hubby loves it toooo LOL...have fun....