Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
I decided to have some thick sliced ham, with a slice of hot cheese, mayo & mustard, salt&pepper for my LC sandwich for lunch....I am happy to say I do not miss my bread at all....and I am a bread lover...
I finally am catching on to the mental part of eating and listening to my body and mind say STOP! you're full...I have not been hungry for lunch at all since I started this journey but I didn't eat a lot of B...so I guess my body was hungry ....I enjoyed my lunch...I know that supper has been great for I have noticed that I have placed the STOP on many times now...I just feel it and then I don't touch another thing...I have not craved any snacks except drinking my diet soda but not many of those either...So I want to stay in tune with my body now...

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-12-2014 at 01:07 PM..
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2014, 02:55 PM   #92
Major LCF Poster!

Well I decided to have some thick ham with a slice of hot pepper cheese, mayo and little mustard, salt&pepper...My LC sandwich for the day...lol....I love knowing that I am not missing the bread everyday.....
Old 03-12-2014, 04:18 PM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Patience
Way to go, Mary!
I don't miss bread at all.
It's amazing how our perspective can change, eh?
Stopping takes some practice, but that too becomes much easier.
Patience is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:25 PM   #94
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Patience....I agree...it does take practice mostly to listen to myself and know that I truly am making good changes...
Old 03-13-2014, 06:40 AM   #95
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/149.4/140's
WOE: One day at a time
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Now that sounded really good...
Thick ham with a slice of hot pepper cheese, mayo and a little mustard,...oh yum lol.
Isn't it cool that low carb stops everyone snacking, I find that amazing, I haven't eaten bread in about two years and don't miss it either, I started researching what it contained, its definitely not like the bread our parents or grandparents used to eat.

We have sunshine again thank goodness so I have just finished gardening for the day and now have to go to town, no beach today, but you should hear all those noisy seagulls.....hope your day is going to be a good one.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:01 AM   #96
Major LCF Poster!

OH...well I closed my eyes and tried to hear the seagulls...LOL

I know what you mean about the bread we had when we were younger...homemade for sure ...guess that is why I became a bread eater...potatoes are another of my BIG down falls...eat them at all meals if I could...some days anyway...lol...
but now I have not even missed them at all....
I am trying to watch for recipes for even desserts for later when we do need something more...so we can stay on LC even if it was to be alittle higher carbs....I will not bake them until I know we just have to have a change....
My next step will be to add some LC fruit...I usually eat it but I have not touched any since I started this yet....I fixed for DH meal everyday....I needed to start cold turkey with the sugar even with the natural sugar in the fruit...but I will later for I think fruit is healthy in moderation...for me..

B... 4turkey sausage patties / garden veggie cream cheese
L.....?
S....mmmm thinking on it...I have some beef wieners that need to be used...maybe some fried cabbage and tomatoes and add cut up wieners in it...add some good seasoning...Just something different...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-13-2014 at 09:08 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 09:12 AM   #97
Major LCF Poster!

I don't do the induction, I don't do the fast... I don't eat Atkins bars...Even though I have my own plan I do eat as low carbs as I can but I do not grilled myself into the ground about losing this weight in one day or week...I want to lose this and keep it off...find out what works for my body and I know this is working for me....even if it goes slowly at times...I will set my goals and work toward them daily..

My goals...Starting weight 244.0 yes it is sad
March 17th is one month on my plan...I would like to be at 230.0
Summer goal is to work on getting to that 199...and not to look back again....
I promise myself I will work daily on these goals everyday...but I will be happy each day no matter what comes....To not gain again a happy face...so I will take what comes and keep on working on it...
I want plan to become part of my life from now on....
One goal is to be happy and enjoy life...to not be able to have that free little amt of popcorn at the movies my DH and I date night...or a free meal if I can learn to stay on track the next meal...I don't want to not enjoy something special sometimes on vacation....but I want to know that I am in total control of my life now with my eating with my daily life...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-13-2014 at 09:22 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 09:36 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Food controls our personal life so what goals for myself to accomplish ...

Enjoying exercise for fun and lose at the same time...
Enjoying treats that bring joy in a sm. amt.. but not lose control over it..
Enjoying vacations with more energy, to walk and enjoy the beauty of the place ...
Enjoying more romance with my DH....
Enjoying being retired and enjoying projects I love to work on...
Enjoying my new WOE plan with joy...for lifetime..

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-13-2014 at 09:38 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 09:39 AM   #99
Major LCF Poster!

You will get there Mary, you are doing so incredibly well.....that's funny as I was just organizing dinner for switching it on in a minute as its 4.35 here...and I came up with fried cabbage and onions to go with lamb chops and roasted peppers.....so I thought wow when I read that's what you were thinking of lol, I have never fried cabbage in my life but just found the recipe that someone gave me a while ago....I am also adding lots hot spicy peppers as well which me and hubby seem to have gotten addicted to since we grew some last year.....
I think my favourite veggies so far are a pan of sweet peppers in wedges, chunks of onion and mushrooms all roasted in the oven for half an hour....oh they are so good...I do love finding new things though don't you....tomorrow I am trying creamy leeks that someone gave me a recipe for....ok this is all making me to hungry now so I should go start the dinner lol.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 10:30 AM   #100
Major LCF Poster!

I love the cabbage thing for sure....so easy to fix and fast for any meal......Let me know about the leeks...I have never fixed them before..I see them all the time and I love onions...and creamed..mmmm sounds
Old 03-13-2014, 10:47 AM   #101
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: BostonGirl
WOE: Medi
Start Date: February 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
...and I came up with fried cabbage and onions to go with lamb chops and roasted peppers.....so I thought wow when I read that's what you were thinking of lol, I have never fried cabbage in my life but just found the recipe that someone gave me a while ago....I think my favourite veggies so far are a pan of sweet peppers in wedges, chunks of onion and mushrooms all roasted in the oven for half an hour....
I had to laugh! Last night, I fried cabbage for the first time, because it was there and needed to be eaten. I'd never had it or thought of it until I found the recipe online, then read this thread to see both of you had it

I'm going to try the roasted sweet pepper recipe. That sounds divine!
BostonGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 12:28 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

That is funny Bostongirl....I didn't think I was going to like it (fried cabbage) to be honest as I tasted it half way through and it was soooo chewy....anyway I did cook it for quite a while with some onions and threw in some garlic and soy sauce and I really did enjoy it.
Mary...the leeks I am doing tomorrow, this is what I have scribbled down.
Chop the ends of the leeks, peel the outer skin....wash and slice
Melt Butter, add sliced leeks, add a bit of water, then add some double cream to almost cover the leeks, add salt and pepper, simmer for 10-15 minutes....if the sauce splits at the end add a bit more cream.
Anyway I will let you know what the outcome is tomorrow, I hope its yummy, I am always on the lookout for something a bit different.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:55 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!

LOL Welcome Bostongirl....that is funny that we are all cabbage gals here LOL I like it if I have some good seasoning on it...mmmmm good..
Ok...will try to make the Leeks soon...heavy cream....ok sounds good..

DH home early from work...his gout is hurting him....I have him a different weight plan because he cant have so many meats...RED meat...or pork or shoot...whats left...alittle chicken and fish lol...Anyway...

Lunch was 3 beef wieners,,,,2 slices of cheddar.. for me..
Supper ....grilled chicken breast with seasonings, steamed squash .....Fruit for DH with Vitamin C... I have to remember he can't have the cheese on anything...yuck...that is my middle name now....Still can keep him from eating the sugar and flour...that will help...

Working on a new cross stitch pattern with the American Flag on it....so have 2 different canvas going now...At least I don't get bored lol..

How do you like Garfield on the scales down there in the cartoon....see he calls it by the name some of us like to call it some days...haha....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-13-2014 at 01:59 PM..
Old 03-14-2014, 06:16 AM   #104
Major LCF Poster!

Mary did the laughing smiley face move on your weight tracker...I could have sworn it was one notch higher....really happy for you if it did.....I am back doing low carb for a little while as I can't get the scale to move, but not sure for how long...
Really sorry your hubbys gout is playing up, that must be awful for him, its lovely that you have researched it and are trying to help him.
Lol I love your little Garfield, I wish he was lying about my scale numbers, glad your cross stitch is going well, its good to have hobbies, I have to many lying around that I ignore lol, well off to peg my laundry out we had fog earlier but now the sun is shining so I might even get to drink my coffee in the garden before going out.....hope you have a good day.....
Old 03-14-2014, 06:52 AM   #105
Major LCF Poster!

Yep...scale have been nice until this morning...it says up 1 but I just look the other way and write it down in sm..print on my calendar I keep...lol...I know I didn't gain any weight for I am on track for sure so will wait for the number to move back down ...and it will when it does....I will not let the scales own me...I way each day now because I think writing it down no matter what it says keeps me going...I want to learn that just because the scales move the wrong way I know that I am still healthier now...the numbers are just that....they help us but we can't let them ruin us...

Going to by groceries early this morning while it is cool..I worked outside pulling weeds yesterday....now that was fun..haha..

I remember the fog when I lived there and hanging out the clothes out on the little patio...We lived in a nice new duplex house when we were there on the corner of the street....it was odd for there was this one farm with a one of the cottages just not far from us ....it looked out of place but I loved looking at it...It was like the old with the new or past and present together...

B...went I get home...not hungry yet...need to plan my menu for supper.....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-14-2014 at 07:02 AM..
Old 03-14-2014, 12:18 PM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Mary the leeks were awful, just to rich in that thick cream, one mouthful was nice but the rest oh yuk...I couldn't eat them.
It sounds like you are having a good day, its good to get out the coolest time of the day before your lovely heat hits, you lucky thing....I did get a bit burnt on my face today walking the dogs so we must be warming up a bit more....thankfully.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:58 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!

Well I saw the leeks at Walmart today....I think I would use large sweet onions and lots of my seasonings I like with the Mrs..Dash......mmmm will see mmmmm that heavy cream...have not used that much...Would be a good cream of onion soup I guess ...lots of butter added tooooo...Make it like I do my potato soup...lol....

I just got out of the shower...washed my hair and now I feel human again....DH is off today from work with the school kids on spring break...He is feeling alittle better...I have him on a low cal...diet so I am having to really fix for both of us now in different ways....I still will keep him on LC stuff toooo ...I found him some of those LC M&Ms ...his favorite candy...He has so many M&M containers in his office here at the house ..but they are all empty right now LOL....I put candy away so he can not have them all at one time lol....I bought lots of fruits that are already cut up for me so I can make small portions of fruit cups for him...he has to had the Vitamin C...and I did get some small wheat rounds ...(bread from Sara Lee) that he can have toast or a sandwich now...and I want be tempted by the bread...I don't like that kind LOLOL but it healthy for him...100 % whole wheat....mmmmm

B....3 eggs topped with real bacon bits, and shredded hot cheese... Slice of tomato
L none..
Supper...will be salad with chicken pieces, and all the good veggies added...Italian or ranch dressing...??

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-14-2014 at 01:10 PM..
Old 03-14-2014, 05:40 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!

Having fun uploading photos for one of my grandsons...Pictures of him when he was in grade school...He is 21 now...He thought they were funny...Well that is you kiddo...LOL

No supper tonight...
Added up my calories tonight and only 850 today....Not trying to keep so low but going thru that no hunger stage....and for sure under 20 maybe 12 carbs...mmmm
I know I have been no more than 20 carbs everyday but I am not doing induction...

I am drinking a zero vanilla coke now....
Gave DH one pkg..of his LC M&Ms tonight....He said they were ok...LOL...
Old 03-15-2014, 03:17 AM   #109
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Mary...thanks for your encouraging words yesterday....sometimes they are badly needed lol.
Its great your calories are so low but that you are not hungry.....hopefully the scale will move again soon....well we are just grocery shopping today so nothing exciting and walking the pooches, but the sun is still shining so all is well in the world.....its cute you were sending pics through to one of your grandsons, I guess he doesn't live close to you, I have four over on the mainland and two in Canada....the ones on the mainland come and stay in the summer one by one, I love it but it is really tiring....do you get to see yours much.
You seem to have so much willpower having m and m's in the house lol, I would eat the whole lot...there isn't much willpower in my house at all.
Old 03-15-2014, 03:28 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!

Good Afternoon Sandy......well we went out for lunch so that was nice...did the Baked chicken thing, veggies and green salad....I at least didn't have to do the dishes lol...and it was good...Did a little garage sale stopping ...one estate sale,that was nice..
We spent the morning planning a sm. trip to Los Angeles to go to Universal Studios for a day of fun...We have a time share in Anaheim CA..just down road so we will stay there...One day for the beach...YEA! ....
Old 03-15-2014, 06:04 PM   #111
Major LCF Poster!

Supper....turkey roll ups...

Just talking to my youngest son in Tx...Told him we are planning to come home to Texas in July for his birthday...He is Dad to our youngest grandson that is 3...Hoping to see all of my grandsons when we are there...2 of them I have not seen for awhile....My oldest son is not close to me right now...long story...but God is in control of that ....I wanted to wait until I lose some more weight before I go home...My brother and his wife live there in Midland too...so it will be nice to see them...
Old 03-16-2014, 03:39 AM   #112
Major LCF Poster!

Your day yesterday sounded lovely, my kind of days...eating out and estate sales....it sounds like you are going to have a lot of fun this summer, and visiting family is always nice.....its good to have lots of things to look forward to....and your hubby must get a lot of time off in the summer, that is brilliant, is he coming up for retirement or does he still have a while to go, I totally love having my hubby home now.
Hope your day is a good one today, we are going exploring as there is so much we haven't seen on the island so hopefully it will be fun.
Old 03-16-2014, 01:39 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!

Good Afternoon...here....Went to the early movies to see ...Lone Survivor...does make you support our troops out there on these kind of missions we never hear about...so sad how many soldiers give their lives for our freedom...

B...none...
Snack...took 2 (P3 Portable Protein pack) ate the cheese and turkey out of the pkg...left the almonds...I gave myself one treat...1/2 sm..bag of popcorn...zero diet coke..
L...none..
Supper...Chicken and squash casserole...leftover...with cheese sauce...
Snack none....

DH gets several days off in the year so that is nice...No he will not retire for afew more years...I stopped working so I could be able to go anywhere when he does get a couple of days off....He works in the summer at school...He is a supervisor over all the school maintenance for 24 schools here...Good job...He should have been a college professor...he is so smart but life has its things that get in the way....He will be 62 in July so he doesn't want to retire until 66...I am 1 1/2 years older than him...I took my Social Security early since I had a military pension left from my first DH...so I make a good amt...to help out...He makes a lot more and he has his late wives state pension where she worked for the state for 30 yrs.......So when he is 66 that will be it...He likes working so that is ok with me for now...lol...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-16-2014 at 01:52 PM..
Old 03-16-2014, 01:59 PM   #114
Major LCF Poster!

Yes we always plan something in the spring ...a little getaway and then a summer vacation...We will probably plan this year something for Christmas too...unless one kids are able to come out here...they work so much too...and since we are going to Tx..just to visit in July...Not much to do in West Texas...just visit and that is really why I am going to see my kids mmmmm YES! We would love travel everywhere so when we WIN the lottery we will LOLOL...haha but we try...

We are so funny on where we have visited...ofcourse Disneyland, Disneyworld, Universal studios, San

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-16-2014 at 02:09 PM..
Old 03-16-2014, 02:36 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!

Part of my post disappeared mnmmmmm
Old 03-17-2014, 05:43 AM   #116
Major LCF Poster!

That movie Lone Survivor was such a good movie, when I was watching it I didn't know it was a true story, until the end, and then I just couldn't stop crying.....what an incredible story, my next favourite movie this year was Wolf of wall street, a fair bit of sex and drugs though lol so not a family movie, but I really didn't want it to finish and it was about three hours long, I get bored easily so it was unusual for me to enjoy it as much as I did.....have to dash out will finish this message later.......to be continued lol
Old 03-17-2014, 09:02 AM   #117
Major LCF Poster!

Goodmorning....Yep!...A movie has to be good to keep my attention...and I love movies...I like to go out to movies just to go out with DH for the day...but I like watching a good movie at home being comfortable...I can work on one of my projects while I watch and even wear my PJs if I wanted toooo lol....We are tv watchers for sure....Love all the CSI shows and Criminal Minds,Person of Interest and I watch a couple of reality shows....

B...Scrambled eggs with ground turkey, and cheddar cheese...
L....
S....still thinking on it...

Talk later...
Old 03-17-2014, 07:02 PM   #118
Major LCF Poster!

L....2 Oscars 3P packs with turkey,cheese and sm..amt peanuts...
S...Salad with turkey....Mayo&mustard dressing....
Dill pepper slices...
No snacks...

Downloading books from the library onto my kindle.......One more book to read in the series I am reading from Sherryl Woods (Sweet Magnolias)... Fixing to watch The Voice on tv...and work on my project....
Old 03-18-2014, 04:59 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

A bit late in finishing my message...drama with my sister lol...something that is just ongoing and I should be used to by now.
There are definitely benefits to hubbies being at work...you get to do exactly what you want to do lol, that does sound like a good job he has and lots of responsibility to be over so many schools, can't be easy, its nice that you were able to stop working so you can spend more time together when he does have time off....it seems like you have it all worked out lol.
Nick had a good job in Canada but when we came back to the uk there was no work, the economy is awful over here, also his age was against him, so he decided to put in for all his pensions, it turned out he had five of them lol, so it was early retirement for both of us, he is lucky really not to have to work and so far he hasn't gotten bored...yet...he still looks now and again to see what jobs are available but there really isn't anything and I think he loves doing what he wants.
By the way did your ticker go down again....lol, let me know, I am so excited for you when it moves
Old 03-18-2014, 08:11 AM   #120
Major LCF Poster!

Don't want to move that ticker thing until I know that the weight will stay lolol....the last day or so ....scales down and up again and down again lol..You know how that goes...but I am on track so I don't worry and then the ticker will move on down...yessss

As much as I love my DH being home when he is I love him being at work too....I love looking forward to him coming in for the day...and I have had the day to myself to do whatever...He always know that the house is in order and I love working on projects.. I would not have quit so early but I had enjoy of my own pensions that I knew I was adding to our finances...He could retire early but we need to keep our medical insurance thur the school afew more years..We know that we could cut back on a lot of stuff if DH wanted to retire but we like being able to go away for afew days or do project on the house..
Well my sweet DH let me know this morning on his way out the door our trip is still on...We decided to stay in Anaheim one night for a day at Universal Studios... and then down to San Diego the next so we would be closer to the beach we are going to visit ...then we will start back home...It is a 6hr drive but we have been so many times that way it doesn't seem so long and our truck is very comfortable...We have a good time together...

B..Beef strips...
L ????
S...thinking on it LOL

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-18-2014 at 08:23 AM..