Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 08:40 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Sandy...I know what you mean. I never really know what my days are going be like...I just take it slowly and do one thing at a time....Some days are feeled with working on a project, some are relaxing with my kindle, and some are missing my family back in Texas...I was always such an active person and even though I love being at my own pace now I miss the old me some days....I am like you...I think volunteer and then I talk myself out of it too....I have worked so many jobs ....I worked in office jobs, nurses aide then I went back for college courses to be a Activity Director and the owner of the Nursing Home paid for all my courses...I stayed until my 2nd DH found out he had a Brain Tumor and I quick to be home with him....After I lost him and I had already lost my 1st DH with a Heart Attack while we were in the Air Force..I got to close to to much death and to take a break from people being ill and death for a while.

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-05-2014, 09:30 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

I saw this somewhere....and I really liked it so I am going to write it down...

Which Steps Have You Reached Today!

I want do it!
I can't do it!
I want to do it!
How do I do it!
I 'll try to do it!
I can do it!
I will do it!
YES, I DID IT!
Old 03-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Lunch...A little leftover Spaghetti meat sauce with a couple of slices of hot pepper cheese

Supper....Cabbage with a little (pico de gallo)..and chopped ham added...Original Mrs. Dash, garlic powder and salt...mmmm good...

No snacks...
Old 03-06-2014, 02:11 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Mary that was quite the story you have....I know what you mean about taking a break from illness and death....I think it would take a long time to get over what you went through.....I am so glad you have found another soul mate though, but what a rough time of it you had....I honesty can't imagine.....thank goodness you and your hubby are healthy and well as it did sound like that was to much.
I can't write much this morning, I woke up with a splitting headache, I never get headaches, it could be those three glasses of red wine lol....I will be back....hope you have a good day....
Old 03-06-2014, 07:45 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy......OH! 3 glasses....LOL you pay for to much fun LOL
Hope you feel better quick.
Woke up this morning and got my hair rinsed finally....now I look myself...had my hair cut shorter afew weeks ago so it is different than than my picture right no...
The scales looking great but will not post loss until I have afew more pounds gone...but I am happy for now...LOL . I am really on track and want to stay on it...I cant believe that I have had no snacks at night of any kind since I started on my plan....I haven't eaten anything after 5:30 pm and I don't even miss it YET! Like I say ...I am ready if I need something.
Going out to the groc...store for a couple of items....
g
Breakfast...leftover beef with sauce...mmmm good...
L.....MMMMM ?
Baking Chicken tonight with mayo,salt,Mrs Dash and topped with fresh parmesan cheese.
Steamed Broccoli and fruit for DH..

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-06-2014 at 07:46 AM..
Old 03-06-2014, 09:08 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

It sounds like you are doing really well on the scales and also not eating snacks after dinner so that is probably helping a lot.
Do you prefer your hair shorter or the length in the picture....I would love short hair lol, but it doesn't suit me at all, so you are lucky, what colour did you have it rinsed.
Thankfully my headache went away, I realized what it was mid morning, I have been drinking decaf coffee, so as soon as I had a real one my headache went....weird lol.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 11:09 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Oh...just put a natural looking brown rinse on...when I go to my hairdresser. when I have it cut and she use to put my rinse on (but not now that I am home)...she always puts some red in it....but I don't want to pay that much for that LOL...It looks nice so I like it...No GRAY! lol
When I moved here 5 yrs ago I had long hair and I had for along time but it is just toooo hot here in AZ ...I kept it pulled back in a pony tail all the time, so last year I cut it....DH just stared at me..then smiled... Long time ago I had my hair cut over my ears very short.. I will probably will do that again sometime but for now it is a little shorter than in my picture.

Glad your headache stopped....

Went out for a little while this morning. Just watered all my inside plants with some rainwater I saved...Cleaned my kitchen floor (fun lol).

No lunch...not hungry so will make an early supper....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-06-2014 at 11:18 AM..
Old 03-06-2014, 01:30 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Lunch...thin turkey rolls with garden veggie cream cheese

Just spending time in my craftroom looking thru craft magazines ...keeps my mind off of food and I enjoy working on a project later too...Almost time for DH so will get supper ready to pop in the oven....

Sandy....you said you had lived in Canada....Did you come to the states?
Our next big vacation might be Washinton DC. but not sure....We want to go thur all the museums....DH has been there, but first time for me....We have Timeshares somewhere up close to Canada but not sure about that either...we love to travel...we would fly there not drive....Some of our friends and family had done cruises but we have not....not sure now lol Ofcourse we have talked about flying to Italy and then over to England then fly home from there, but the cost is HA!HA! We counted about $10,000 so that was off the list for now....when we win the lottery ...yesssss Projects around the house are on our list first....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-06-2014 at 01:39 PM.. Reason: en
Old 03-07-2014, 01:24 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Mary, I only went to the states a couple of time, we went to Buffalo to see some shows, and we spent a week in Cincinnati..... hubby and the kids did drive to Florida for a week but I was busy working, I think that was it really, looking back I wish I hadn't worked so much, I was a bit of a workaholic....I think that is what puts me off doing anything now, even volunteering, as I always just take on to much and don't seem to know when to stop.
It is expensive to travel isn't it, we flew back to Canada Nova Scotia last year and it cost a fortune, definitely can't do it this year but we are hoping next year to do it again, this year we are looking forward to exploring the island as we only moved over here last year and we didn't have time to do much exploring, so far we have only explored three of the beaches....there is a little place in the middle of the island called Godshill, it is the prettiest place I have ever seen with thatched cottages and tea rooms, I guess that's why they call it Godshill lol, so I am excited for summer to come as this place is mainly a holiday resort so there is lots to see and do...I just wish summer would hurry up and get here, I love sitting out with my coffee in the sunshine first thing in the morning, it just makes you feel happy.....I guess you can do that every morning, it must be amazing to just know you are going to have warm weather, I can't even imagine lol.
Old 03-07-2014, 09:41 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy....Oh...in my dreams...I am so jealous you for your beaches and the cottages...LOL I will give you sun and you give me beach for the day ...LOL that would be fun. We both can dream...lol I was always the wife that was following.. the DH around in the military...so everytime I started a job or wanted to go to college we were on the move again....I have always worked at something or had to be the caregiver for someone....but now I can be the homemaker that I love....I love being home when my DH (David) takes off and we just can get in the truck and go for a couple of days just to get away...We would travel a lot if we had lots of money...but for now we do what we can and just enjoy it....D is a guy who loves nature so we love going thur the National parks and visit the ocean....He will stop at flea markets or garage sales too LOLOL

For now we are both trying to get healthy...loss those unwanted pounds
I am feeling so good right now ...so I am encouraged to keep it up...
We are going out to the Home and Garden show this weekend at the Phoenix Cardinal Football Stadium.... alot of walking around .....We had season tickets to the football games for a couple of years but didn't buy tickets this last year...cost a lot and I wanted to do other things LOL..

I recorded 2 more lbs down...I want record unless it has stayed off for afew days ...

Breakfast...left over lowcarb chicken dish from supper
Lunch....egg salad.....
Supper ....chef salad...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-07-2014 at 09:55 AM..
Old 03-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

I love garage sales and flea markets lol, my poor hubby gets dragged to lots of them in the summer...I think even if I were rich I would still be the same, the bargains I have found lol....when we were living over on the mainland in Southsea just before moving to the island there were a lot of really huge houses, so it was quite a posh area in some places, and the thrift stores there were amazing, I would always come home with at least one bag of some kind of treasure I had found, there is just something about finding a bargain lol.
2 more pounds down....oh my gosh...way to go...I was so pleased for you when I read that....that is so brilliant and will keep motivating you to keep going, we will both soon be skinnies lol.
Have a great time this weekend, it sounds like fun, I love home and garden shows, so you will have tons of exercise, just watch out for all those lovely smells of people cooking lol....we haven't decided what we are doing yet, but we have decided we are going somewhere on the island we haven't been before so tomorrow we are getting the map out as the weather is supposed to be nice.
Have you heard of geocaching, its like a treasure hunt but you don't do it with a group of people you just do it with a hubby etc, someone was talking about it on one of the threads and when I looked it up online they actually have it over here on the island, so we are going to have a go soon, it sounds like good fun rambling through the woods etc trying to find something.
Anyway enough of me rambling....have a fun weekend with your hubby.
Old 03-07-2014, 05:29 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Never heard of that geocaching but I looked it up and DH got real interested...He loves cross woubbrd puzzles, mysteries...He reads Clive Cussler books (adventure fiction books)...He is good with names and places and figuring out how things work LOL...
So he would probably a treasure hunt...

Supper....pork chops, cauliflower with tomatoes...
I find I am not finishing all on my plate now for sure...But I want to make sure I do eat to lose...

I know you and you hubby will have a nice time...

DH is watching something on the science channel on tv so I am going to get back to my cross stitch....This picture on the coastline with the lighthouse...there is a scripture that goes with it...Through the storm ou do not walk alone....The other one is a picture with bears dressed in vintage clothes....they all have fancy hats on....It is the larger project and will take more time to finish...but I am in not hurry...The coastal scene I want for our bath off our bedroom...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-07-2014 at 05:36 PM..
Old 03-08-2014, 03:09 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

Morning Mary...well we still haven't figured out where we are going today, hubby is vacuuming the car from dogs hair and mud so I have to wait until he has finished...we will be taking the dogs with us so I don't know why he bothers really, but I guess its good to keep on top of it...my hubby has read Clive Cussler, not my cup of tea though, we seem to have opposite interests in most things though lol, I am always cold he is always hot....he used to shovel snow in shorts and t shirt....I guess opposites attract.
Your cross stitch pictures sound lovely, you should post a pic when you have them finished.
I was pleased to read David fancied geocaching...I can't wait to have a go and its something we can do with the dogs, I still need the weather to get warmer though, although the sun is shining today, hope we land up somewhere interesting....I am sure I will let you know lol.
Have a good weekend....
Nearly forgot to mention my scale dropped this morning thank goodness, so down a bit more whoop whoop.
Old 03-08-2014, 07:58 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Yep..the dog hair...our little Spanky doesn't get out that much so he is a round little thing....but loving....David had 2 cats when I came here but they have passed on now...he had them for years..they were so cute..but older....I brought Spanky here with me....

We are on our way out for breakfast...then off to the Garden show....
Our time does not spring forward or backward here in AZ....

I don't have the same taste in books and sometimes on some mov
Old 03-08-2014, 08:23 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

cont...page lol...movies....We do like a lot of the same TV shows...NCIS and all the other CIS show...We even watch some of the House Hunting Shows ...Antique Roadhouse....LOL

Time to go for now and have some fun with the DH and back home to some needed yard work....
Old 03-08-2014, 02:04 PM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Wonderful morning out with DH...went for LC Breakfast ....Then off to the Stadium for the Garden show...It was a big area to walk but we did it....yea! Walked right pass all the food venders without a thought of picking up one think....we did have a diet coke...lol DH took some pictures of the garden designs they had...

DH is resting, for it is hot outside..85.. so we are going to do the lawn work when it cools dowx n ...

Time for a early supper so I need to head into the kitchen...Not sure what yet...mmmmm lol
Netflix movie for this evening ...not sure what we have on that either lol...DH takes care of those for us most of the time...lol

Sandy ....hope your day has been a great one ....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-08-2014 at 02:10 PM..
Old 03-09-2014, 09:51 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Oh nice and cool this morning with a little breeze...70 for now...DH just finished mowing the lawn ...Will put some flowers out later but they burn up so fast here you have to make sure what to put out....besides cactus....lol Our front yard is the rock desert look with the cactus ....and I have a couple of rose bushes up on the small front patio....working on that area this summer..DH is laying brick in backyard so now we have a lot of walking area around the pool...

Breakfast....Shredded chicken with seasoning added....Hot cheese sauce on top...
Cucumber and tomato salad with Italian dressing....
Just didn't want eggs...lol this morning.

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-09-2014 at 09:57 AM..
Old 03-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

Well I have started to search thur a lot of recipes here and online again for down the road.
I always grind my own almonds for my almond flour....I have not tried the coconut flour...I do have some of the little pound cakes down...I made them when I was working and everyone enjoyed them...even though they were LC lol Will have to find those recipes again.

I want to be prepared for when I feel I crave something sweet...or just want to learn to keep eating LC all the time...Potatoes and bread are my downfall so I have to just do with out them for sure....and I am really doing well with that for now....

When we were out for breakfast yesterday morning I passed this table where this man had his plate loaded with biscuits and gravy ...now that is one of my favorite meals..mmmm but I was so proud that I had my plate fixed with all my LC things I needed...then I saw him later when I went back to feel my tea glass and the same man had 2 cinnamon rolls....Now it did look good I will agree but I was so proud that it didn't make want to run to pick up one....YEA!

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-09-2014 at 10:15 AM..
Old 03-09-2014, 07:17 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Lunch...Porkrinds...
Supper....Beef Patty, cheese, Sliced tomato..

I know so many here take there measurements but I don't do that....I just know the sizes of clothes I am in and how they look and when they start to look and feel better...
I can't change my height...I am short at 4 11 so there it is.....Afew inches sure would have helped...My sister got the long legs...LOL...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-09-2014 at 07:30 PM..
Old 03-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Waking up to a nice day ....10am and it is 69 for now....Just doing alittle of this and that this morning in the house....Sat down on with PC in our home office and placed upload some older photos for my family to see...My SL was doing the same thing...Going down memory lane...lol

Breakfast.....2 eggs, shredded chicken topped with hot cheese sauce...
Lunch ????
Supper...Ground beef thawing out....mmmmmm

I will have to light some scented candles to make the house smell good...since I don't bake cookies that use to smell so wonderful all day..mmmm lol

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-10-2014 at 10:09 AM..
Old 03-10-2014, 10:39 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Thoughts on rewards for meeting my small goals.
Just for a good week or month staying on track...

What can I give to myself besides new clothes ( which we all would love in smaller sizes...that will come)

Pick of a sm..bunch of flowers just to enjoy looking at for myself...
A new haircut...
New nail polish to redo my nails...
Buy a new charm for my bracelet that would I like...
Go the antique mall and look for a new Boyds Bear for my collection...
Take a day off and go to the craft stores and just look thru everything slowly..
Look for new flowers for my pots outside ...
Spend some time just looking thru material to keep for a quilt day...
Start doing some research for a trip to take with DH..mmmm yes!
Old 03-10-2014, 03:48 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Supper is cooking.....Cabbage with ground beef with Italian seasoning mmmmm good...
Didn't eat lunch so I am ready for supper....Waiting on DH...lol

I went to a couple of our thrift shops this afternoon and I found the cutest picture frame...It has a small boy Boyds Bear in the right bottom corner looking up at the American Flag on the top left corner. So to go in that frame...I found a copy of the Pledge Allegiance that was nice and printed it out and then I scrapbooked a sm. back ground page with Blue and Red...I love it...

This was a reward to myself for working hard on my weight loss...It made me smile and that helps me to feel good about myself....so now I feel great about keeping on track with my WOE.....

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-10-2014 at 03:55 PM..
Old 03-11-2014, 08:28 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

Just going to take a relaxed day today...just do alittle of this or that just don't know what this or that is yet LOL
I saw those Oscars 3 P pack on tv and I am going to check that out when I am at the store next time....cheese, almonds..and I don't know what the other was...will have to look for it...

Meals today mmmm
Porkchops for supper ....
Scales still looking good....I have never been a daily weigher as I said but I have started it and I think it has helped me to do it this way....I keep my calendar handy...when I have a loss I record it when I have a gain I just don't....Now I see what is happening but I just don't let the scales scare me...if it is up a .2 or whatever I just remember I am on track and will stay that way and move on with my day...Next loss will be recorded .....I have lost 12lbs and my first month is not up yet...My goal is just not to gain ever again...no matter how long it takes to lose this wait...

I saw this so I wanted to write it here for me too..
Ben Franklin.... Eat to Live....Not Live to Eat....
I think food is for our health and I also believe it can be enjoyment at times but not when we lose control over it......I would never say I will not have something fun on vacation or a special event again for I would be lying to myself....but for me I know daily I can not have lots of off track goodies...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-11-2014 at 08:31 AM..
Old 03-11-2014, 12:48 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Well I found those new little Oscars 3P packs..and they were on sale for $1.00 so I bought the 5 they had at Walmart....not much in them but still nice to just grab for a little LC snack...They also had the Atkins frozen dinners on sale for $1.00 reg...3.97 here so I bought 5 different ones for DH to take to work...they are not big lunches but I will see it he likes them...I don't ever buy Atkins products...but this time for that price I did...I thought maybe they were outdated but they were good until 2015...
Old 03-11-2014, 12:53 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cprcheetah
Stats: 224.6/204.6/130
WOE: Lean For Life/Low Cal
Start Date: LFL 3/4/2014
I love this quote "Ben Franklin.... Eat to Live....Not Live to Eat.... " It totally makes sense. I used to live to eat, now I am trying to eat to live. I want to get healthier for both myself and my husband and possibly any future kids that might come along. The Oscar 3P packs sound pretty cool, what is in them?
cprcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:30 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Heather...
Just a very small amt. of ham, almonds, sm, cheese chunks in the ones I got..... it is small and it cost about $1.79 they say but I got them for $1 so I got them this time...a very quick little LC snack for the car maybe...or movie...take 2 of them lol...
My DH is losing weight too with me but he has to have the fruit some for his gout...for now lol...but I keep him on LC..
Come back and visit anytime...
Old 03-11-2014, 02:46 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

Sounds like you are doing well Mary, I will see you tomorrow for coffee lol.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:33 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Your weather sounds lovely Mary and it sounded like your weekend was a good one, today here it has been nice, we got another walk in at the beach which was lovely until l swallowed a bug lol, that will teach me to keep my mouth shut....our weekend was just Bembridge beach which is cliffs etc, the weather was good so no jackets which made a change, then grocery shopping....then washing line shopping lol...then I spent an afternoon scouring the book stores for a friend who needed a specific book...I got lost in the book shop for 15 minutes lol, you would have to see this shop to understand, just so many small rooms and little staircases that lead to other rooms....I felt like I might have been in the Twilight zone....anyway I have stayed on plan, the scales are not being very friendly so nearly kicked them this morning but decided instead to just stick my tongue out at them lol.....
Old 03-12-2014, 08:45 AM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

I love the kick and sticking your tongue out...I cant just picture it ..LOL....your funny girl..
Glad your weekend was so good...I hate you ...you know for having all the beach and cliffs and all that stuff ha!ha! We just have the sun you want....lol
Now about that weight .....you know that those last few pounds or even because it is a small amt..sometimes I think takes longer...that is just me thinking ofcourse...so don't ever give up....think...no gain and wait for it to happen...it will.....
Old 03-12-2014, 09:21 AM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

What have I achieved this month so far...

I have stayed with my WOE plan daily..
I have keep myself busy with projects...
I have reorganized my closet so I can wear those clothes that were alittle tight and now made room for some new items..
I have set small goals to reach and set small rewards when I do..
I have dealt with the weighing each day that I use to never do but now I have a way I deal with it on my calendar...when I loss I write it down on that day...If I gain...I just leave it and move on to the next day...I don't worry about it...I don't let the scale own me...
I set my mind to take time for myself with painting my nails and having my hair done...
These are just a few of the things I have done for me....
The month is not over yet LOL

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-12-2014 at 09:23 AM..