Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 10:58 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Oh....another story....lol.....Talking about plates....I remember my neighbor there always using small salad plates for meals and here I was using our large ones with everything loaded onto them lol.... Now the diet doctors think it is good to always eat on small plates so you want eat at much,,,,,You know the homes there that had small iceboxes or refrigerators as we call them here...I always thought of those being the size we use in college dorm rooms for students to use....My ex-husband had one them in our home office for his extra sodas and snacks lol...My friend from Banbury and I laughed a lot about all the different things we had ....

Well back to my Iced tea...already 76 and it is just now noon time...
No lunch today....
Have not craved anything since I started my plan again....but still know that I will...just going to be as ready as I can...Going to the movies this weekend and will allow myself to have my sm..popcorn...with my diet coke...but will be careful on that day with my carbs..

Another funny thing was I brought my washer and drier over to England and my DH was able to change the washer to whatever made it work over there but not the dryer so you know what was hidden in there....Food...snacks of all kinds....our family back home got a laugh out of that one....Never know what you will do when you have tooooo...lol

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 07:34 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Taco Salad for supper....didn't finish but 1/2 my plate...stopped for I was full...
No cravings at all at night so no snacks have been needed yet.....
Have stayed away from fruit but will add some soon....cantaloupe

Loved getting good news from one of my sons from Tx...He changed his job...Oil is booming in West Texas for sure...My hometown is growing so fast with so many people coming in everywhere to work....Lots of money being made...for now...

Put some LC recipe books on my kindle so am going to just check them now....
Old 02-27-2014, 09:33 AM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Nice morning so will get out to the library to return some of DH books....his favorite author does not have his books on kindle.....so must go in person...I will look around for some recipes books or craft books maybe while I am there... Need to make a sm...grocery list for tomorrow on payday...Don't need to much for I bought a lot of supplies last week...but want to make sure I have all we need to keep on track...Washed and cut up some fresh fruits for DH this morning...With just the 2 of us here it is so easy to keep things up...

Breakfast ...Sausage patties and hot pepper cheese slices...
Lunch...
Supper....Chicken of some kind ....not sure yet....still thinking on it...

My sister and I were just wishing we could just run down the street to visit each other...She lives in Tx.....Her DH lost 50lbs..this last year on LC...She lost alittle but she only had a little bit to lose mmmmmm She is the tall sister with the long legs...I am the short sister with the short legs mmmmm LOL

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 02-27-2014 at 09:35 AM..
Old 02-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Hi Mary, I am late in getting on here to do a catch up, I enjoy reading your posts, that was lovely to read you got good news about your son changing jobs, I love good news lol, hope you got out to the library, I used to love the library before kindles and the internet, I always wanted to get locked in one lol, I used to imagine a whole weekend with no children and just books....now I have time for some reason I don't read as much, my favourite thing these days is just to be out of the house and not in for some reason.
Yes I wish I lived nearer to my older sisters who live in the north of England, I often think it would be nice to pop round for coffee, or go to the shops together, its a shame isn't it.....anyway see you tomorrow...
Old 02-27-2014, 12:21 PM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Oh...well I am on page 2 now...yea LOL.
Well I did the library thing...got a couple of books I cant get on my kindle...I don't go to the library except for my DH...so that is not to much....I read a lot on my kindle...it so easy to use everywhere....and I love I can have the larger print to see and the light dark or bright LOL...sounds like a little kid..lol....

I started drinking alittle of the walmart brand flavored waters...and I seem to be getting my water down alittle more...even if I just put a little bit in a real glass of water it helps...
Right now I am losing great but I don't get over excited for the days of the scales that will go up and down will still come my way....I just think of the goals I have set then I will know that I have lost when I am there...Usually I would set a goal for our next getaway but for spring vacation time at school for DH but I think we are staying home to work on projects needing our attention...June will be my next goal...ready for summer ....even though we are in summer weather now anyway...but maybe a little time off with the DH will be a little reward to myself....

I almost went and had my hair cut again but think I will wait just little longer...My hair cut has gone up in price like everything else mmmm I not get out there with a cut and a tip for my lady for $25.00....and it I get my hair colored it is about $65.00 ..wow...Maybe I should go gray for sure ....haha...I did cut my hair off since I moved to AZ..too hot for very long hair...so I keep it about what is in that little picture of me up there lol...

Going to relax a minute and look thru the books I brought from the library and enjoy some water YEA! See ya'll later
Old 02-27-2014, 05:38 PM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Just got thru reading a good diet book for gout ...so now I know what my DH can eat and not to eat on his plan now....so I will keep him and my LC meals going....He can have no eggs or red meat ....wow...but that is ok....I will fix him other good items he can have....Just have to work on it....He can have brown rice or wheat bread for now but I know that would be a down fall for me if I got tempted...so I will work on our different menus.....He can have lots of fruit with Vitamin C and that will have to do for his dessert...He does miss his ice cream...

Supper....Ham roll ups with garden cream cheese and sliced cucumbers in Italian dressing...
Old 02-27-2014, 07:24 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Found a little book called...Creating Your Plan for Weight Loss Success...so have been reading it...Interesting..

The Big Reality Check.....
First step in planning your weight loss challenge is getting real with yourself..
Take time to feel the full "weight" of what your excess weight has been costing you over the years.
Time to face the scale....Facing the number causes reality to set in...
Measure and record so you know what your starting point is...when those scales don't move ...just measure...
Get that journal out and start journaling...
1..What is your physical reality at this moment.
2..What health concerns are you facing.
3..How is your social life..Does your weight keep you isolated.
4..How are you doing emotionally.
5. How do you feel your weight affects your spiritual life...
Envision your new healthy life...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 02-27-2014 at 07:28 PM..
Old 02-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

l was sitting here thinking to myself...
Words that keep us from being motivated to loss or weigh...A Stop Sign...or Red Light...then the words that turn it all around....

Aging...... Young at heart
Fear ....... Joyful
Stress ....... Calmness
Depression ...... Happiness
Embarrassed ...... Beautiful
Failure ...... Proud
Loser ........ Winner
Shy ......... Brave
Focus .......... Learn

What helps me to make it each day ....Goals, Targets, and Milestones that I want to reach...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 02-27-2014 at 07:52 PM..
Old 02-28-2014, 01:51 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Mary, I am so with you on the cost of hairdressers, I only go to have mine cut and do the dying myself, but now and again treat myself to some streaks or highlights which never seem to show up that well lol, I can always think of better things to spend my money on.
It was good you found a book on diet and gout, as I think most things we suffer from are related to food and our diet, I hope it works for him as gout sounds really painful.
It sounds like you are still doing well, just one day at a time is good, I think this month I have only lost just under four pounds, but I think as long as the scale goes down and not up then its all good, slow and steady for definite....speak to you tomorrow..have a great night.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 02:14 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

Have been busy today... 85 outside...but alittle cloudy earlier...Some rain suppose to be coming our way... 2 Grocery Stores, Goodwill store, Antique Mall, ( were I bought 2 new Boyds Bears...lol) then stopped at the Circle K....little store where I got some lottery tickets...try to buy some at different places lol....Never know what may happen..LOL fun anyway...
The scales are looking ok for now...12 days on plan and have lost 8.6lbs...water maybe but I will take it...I know my clothes are feeling alittle looser so I will take it...I know that I have been on track and I will not move off for now...no matter what the scales say...I have to remember that when I was gaining weight the scales probably said I was lower one day when I know I wasn't ....Planning to go to movies tomorrow and see Son of God and maybe enjoy my small popcorn...we will see .....I rewarded myself today and went to the buffet house we enjoy and had lunch...I read on my kindle and ate a nice LC lunch...no cheating...Just enjoyment...Better than when I was running errands and use to drive thru the fast food and order a large chicken nuggets and large fries with a diet coke LOL...broke that habit .....

Sandy...hope you day is great too...Enjoying our talks...and support for each other...YEA!
Old 02-28-2014, 02:34 PM   #41
Major LCF Poster!

Lol I am still on here Mary...nothing on tv to watch, I get bored with everything easily....well your day sounded a lot more interesting than mine, I was supposed to clean but didn't do as much as I should have, I have found my whole day really boring because of the weather, yours sounded lovely though and well done on eating out and staying on plan.....I haven't seen that movie Son of God, you will have to let me know if its any good, I think I have seen every new movie out so far this year, some of them were really good so I am amazed you have mentioned one I haven't seen lol.
Are you watching the Oscars on Sunday, now we are in England we have to watch it the next day as it doesn't start over here until 1 in the morning.....anyway no doubt will catch up with you over the weekend, have fun at the movies.
Also nearly forgot...well done on your loss so far, that is totally brilliant, well done.....it is motivating when the people around you are losing weight....so I was really pleased to read that.

Last edited by Sandy1; 02-28-2014 at 02:36 PM..
Old 02-28-2014, 04:20 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: giggles4me
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: JUDDD / low carb
Start Date: 8/16/2014
Mary,

thanks for the kind words.. I need to get my act together this weekend and plan my meals better. I want that scale to move!!

Glad to hear your scale is moving, keep up the good work...
giggles4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:46 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Yep! nothing on tv much tonight either....We get Netflix movies thur the mail but we want get another one until tomorrows mail...I think I will read my book on my kindle later...DH is playing a video....hunting some wild animals...lol...boys will be boys..lol

Supper was grilled seasoned porkchops,
Salad with Italian dressing
Some smoked cheddar cheese slices for me
Fruit for the DH..

Glad you came to visit Jeanne. Welcome anytime
Old 03-01-2014, 02:38 AM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Mary.....Hope your weekend is a good one.
Old 03-01-2014, 03:08 PM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my weekend here is going great right now...68 outside and raining and we need it....Went to the early movie and saw the one we wanted to see...A must see...Son Of God...
I ate 1/4 of a sm. bag of popcorn...and that was it...I was proud of myself...Then we went out for lunch and ate a good LC meal all the way....Off to Costco for some items...always spend too much at that place but we bought some new small rugs for inside and outside areas of our house...My DH bought postage stamps and it was a sheet of them for $49.00 (100 stamps) at .49 cents DH says he can remember them costing only 4 cents ...wow does it cost to mail these days ....Went by this place and had my cross stitch pattern ENLARGED lol so I could see the pattern better.....So I guess my weekend is going ok for now lol
Supper will be a lite one....maybe some turkey rolls...

Hope your weekend is great too

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-01-2014 at 03:13 PM..
Old 03-02-2014, 01:05 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Glad your weekend is going well....look at that willpower with you only eating some of the popcorn, that was really cool to read.
I will look out for that movie, it sounds good and one I haven't seen.
I used to love Costco's when we lived in Canada, your new rugs sound great....I treated myself to new towels in the sale yesterday as ours are at the point of being embarrassing to hang on the washing line lol....my day was mainly filled up with going to town and then grocery shopping, that was enough to tire me out lol.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:19 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

It is cool outside this morning and the grass it wet...that is good for us...we need the rain.. Lazy type day to just to relax...I think after the age of 60 I started getting alittle tired a lot faster ....but I still get and move lol....My DH and I want to be ready as we age to help each other so we just try to be careful to know what we can do and not do...We watch for our limitations and try to make sure we know how to make away to work on it another way to get things down...Like now we know we can not walk as fast or doing any fast hiking but we do take the slower paths and continue on....

Breakfast...Egg omelet with ham and spinach...
Old 03-02-2014, 05:06 PM   #48
Major LCF Poster!

Supper ....Baked Italian Seasoned Chicken, butter squash, thin slices of smoked cheddar

Just sitting here checking up on my family on my facebook... Finished up the laundry for today...so DH has clothes for work again lol.....Ran back to Costco for another rug that we liked for the front entrance way...It will keep the new tile we put down not get so dirty.

Need to put my exercise CD in to play... Walking Away the Pounds again. I like that better than the threadmill...Ofcourse I really miss my power walking outside...Walking and water aerobics are the only exercises I enjoy ....Going to go thru my closet tomorrow and take everything out and redo it ...I wear mainly shorts or capri pants and T-shirts around the house so that is easy to keep...jeans or nice slacks when we go out...Too hot here to wear a lot of clothes...lol..haha...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-02-2014 at 05:08 PM..
Old 03-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #49
Major LCF Poster!

Well I can not believe I watched the whole Oscar Awards...I don't usually do that but I think I liked so many of the movies and then I noticed for the first time in along time that the ladies dresses where really beautiful this year...not so undressed or silly looking .. Even the jewelry (most of all the earrings) were really nice... Just enjoyed a glass of my flavored water for my snack so that was good....
Old 03-03-2014, 02:07 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Mary....I loved seeing your new picture......to start with I thought I was on the wrong page lol...anyway it is nice to see you.....your weekend sounded good, here it rained, so only got out with the dogs for a little while and went to town. I am looking forward to watching the Oscars tonight, its a shame I can't stay up to watch them here but I don't think they start until 1am our time, I am glad you didn't post any results though lol.
You are so lucky to be wearing shorts and t shirts....oh how I envy you, I think if there is one thing in my life I would change it would be to have moved to a warmer country years ago....I can't stand the cold or the damp.
Well I was hoping for a nice walk on the beach with the dogs but it pouring with rain and the sky is grey.....typical English weather lol....hope your day is a good one.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:42 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

California is an hour earlier ten us so it was so bad watching the awards for me...I hope you enjoyed some of it...I don't always watch but I got into it and couldn't stop...I was watching VOICE too in between ...I like that show too...It was sad Kim Novak who is 81 was made fun of with her frozen face look...but it didn't look to great while she was giving one of the rewards...sad...
I know what you mean about your weather there....it was always wet...I was sick a lot over there with bronchitis and it really was not fun but I still loved getting out to go everywhere...

Breakfast...egg&bacon omelet....topped with tomato and garden vegetable cream cheese
Not sure what my menu for the other meals will be ...mmmmm
Had bacon since DH is not allowed on his diet with his gout...And he takes fruit to work for part of his lunch I packed since I am not eating fruit lol...

Yes that is me...I look alittle white faced there...needed my glasses...lol....My brother in law is a professional photographer....but that was just taken at their house when I visited my sister...not my favorite but it will do...lol..easy to talk to someone when you see what they look like LOL...I guess LOL..that is my mom and dad in those pictures on the piano in the background..

Have a wonderful day Sandy...and have fun....lol

Breakfast....Bacon&egg omelet...topped with tomato and garden veg...cream cheeseL

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-03-2014 at 07:55 AM..
Old 03-03-2014, 08:45 AM   #52
Major LCF Poster!

You don't look white faced at all lol.....I love the pic of you, you look lovely....I think my pic makes me look a bit haggard lol, but it is nice to see who you are chatting to so it was nice to see you this morning....yes I am looking forward to watching the Oscars tonight, I think we are going to watch it with dinner.
Looking at your weight loss line at the end of your post, you are doing really really well with your loses, well done Mary, we will be skinnies soon lol.
Old 03-03-2014, 11:35 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Hope your dinner was great and you enjoyed the Oscars...I did...
Yes it is more fun to see the person who you are talking too...I don't like pictures much these days and I am the one behind the camera but one day I will take another one lol haha...When we get those skinny bodies .....You look good in your picture...I just need to get my hair done again...but I will...on my beauty list haha lol We look good for our age...I am 63 so I will take it for now...mmmmm

Have been running around town...now need to eat alittle lunch....I think some turkey slices and sliced thin cheese slices..
Not sure about supper yet...but fried cabbage for sure will be the veggies...I cooked bacon for B...so I am going to use the bacon fat to fry it in....

Now to get to that closet of mine...start pulling clothes out mmmmmm lol

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-03-2014 at 11:38 AM..
Old 03-03-2014, 06:14 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Just sitting here jumping around the board reading different post....It is so sad so many feel they not doing good when they have not lost 50 pounds in just a couple of weeks LOL...I keep thinking how much and how fast I wish I could lose my weight but I am learning to deal with the truth ....this is not a quick fix for me...I have gained this weight over years and a lot of it in the last 5 years so I know it will take more than a couple of months here...mmmmm My goal is to work each day to not GAIN anymore and the pounds will fall off as they do...yes I will do my work to make it happen and stay on track....I am proud of the little things I notice I have started with no snacking when I am in my car....I am listening to my body say...you are full..stop eating..I do..I don't eat late at night since I started this...and I have not been tempted ...I proud that I can see the scales go up and down and not get discouraged but get excited when I know I really have that pound off for sure....

This is a journey not a short race for me....and I want to get to the finish line and stay there...happy

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-03-2014 at 06:20 PM..
Old 03-04-2014, 03:53 AM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

I do the exact same thing...spend hours reading different posts and always find something interesting to read...its quite motivating as well reading about other people trying to lose weight, its just nice to know you are not on your own isn't it.
You really don't look 63, so you must be doing something right lol, I have recently been throwing on coconut oil after showering as I have read it is amazing for your skin, and I totally love the smell of it as it reminds me of hot sunny days which I hope to see soon lol.
We still didn't get around to watching the Oscars, we did watch one movie, it was an oldie that I hadn't seen before but it was three hours long, so maybe this afternoon I might put the Oscars on and see if I can get back into knitting again....I don't put tv on during the day so if it rains it will be a treat....but after saying that the sun is shining so I might go for a nice long walk with hubby and the dogs.
Today is my down day so I think I need to be busy so I don't think about food to much....anyway hope your day is a good one...I'll be back soon lol.
By the way how often do you weigh? I have to do it daily as I am addicted lol.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:23 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Goodmorning Sandy.....Well it is cool this morning for awhile anyway lol....I should be outside working but I am still finishing up my closet...folded up all my warmer clothes...Not much needed here in the hot desert lol....It will be awhile until it gets in the 100s but it will...so really shorts and T-shirts are the clothing of the day here...I wear capri pants when I go out to shop...I guess I have some of those good genes from my parents for when I was younger I never did look my age...and I don't want to now LOL...A lot of my FB friends and they are really friends I grew up back home in Texas have their hair already gray but I am not ready for that yet...I just don't want to put on any hair rinse that looks stupid either lol...just as natural as I can...Cant take the look of age away so I just go with it the best I know how....mmmmm

Breakfast Bacon & Cheese omelet...mmmmm

I weight just as I feel like it but I am keeping a record of only the weight on I lose...I keep a calendar next to my laptop and I put down the days that I lose only...I feel that the days I gain that .2or ,6 or even a 1lb gain is not really real since I know that I am on track and will go down soon...then I don't get discouraged seeing the up and down weight marked on the days of my calendar...just losses...

Knitting is the one thing I can not do LOL..I know that is silly but I my hands will not work...lol..I can crochet some and have made some afghans long time ago but I don't now....I work on canvas cross stitch...and I am learning to quilt ....I made my youngest grandson 2 for Christmas with the hot wheels theme and Mickey Mouse....I was scrapbooking a lot and making greeting cards...I just have taken a break from it...I am one of those people that has to have a lot of projects going...and it does help to keep me on my weight loss right now... And I don't work on any project unless my house is in order...I am family...I love people to come over and visit and take their shoes off as we say sometimes...and just relax but when they leave...I want to put things back into place...My Boyds bears are everywhere ...sitting in chairs or benches some on the fireplace and I have framed American Flags in frames on the fireplace mantel...I like country items so my home is decorated in country style design...I just have fun with it all.....LOL...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-04-2014 at 08:35 AM..
Old 03-04-2014, 12:56 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Went back to the store and bought 2 Spaghetti Squash...I have never cooked this but I found a good recipe but wow..the price of those squash...mmmmm $9.40 for the two...I still got them for I want to try something new...sometimes you have to do something different so you want get bored....This recipe calls for meatballs but I am only going to use browned ground beef....We will see LOL
Old 03-04-2014, 01:29 PM   #58
Major LCF Poster!

I had a friend in Canada who let her hair go grey, her reasoning was because she was a nurse she said she felt she would get more respect if she had grey hair, I still don't understand it really, it aged her about 15 years, and I remember my mother in law doing the same thing, she looked lovely with the same colour hair you seem to have, but then because her hubby told her to stop dying it she let it grow out and it was white, I think it aged her about twenty years....I'm definitely not ready to go grey yet lol.
I tried cross stitch once years ago and quite enjoyed it, but recently I subscribed to a magazine that sent you one square every week to make a quilt, and each square had something on it that you had to sew, I enjoyed it for about four weeks and then I got so irritated with it that I had to put it away in the end and I stopped subscribing, I think I just found it to hard and because it was hard and quite often came out wrong I found it stressful instead of enjoyable lol.....so now I have subscribed to another magazine to make a knitted throw which is really lovely, I think I am on square number five lol, anyway I am trying......so what is a Boyd bear as I have never heard of it before....and let me know what squash tastes like also as I have never had that before either, it sounds interesting.
I love country styled houses as well, isn't that funny.
Speak to you tomorrow more than likely lol.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:59 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Well for supper I fixed that Spaghetti squash dish ....mmmm good....I had never eaten that squash before but it has been around for along time just didn't think I would like it but we both did....lol

Spaghetti Squash and Meatballs....

I did not make meatballs....I just browned my ground beef with chopped onions and garlic.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees while cutting your spaghetti squash in half..
Clean out all the seeds from inside of the squash...
Place olive oil around the edges of the squash and turn the squash over on a baking pan.
Place in oven and bake for 30 to 40 mins.

While the squash is baking...
While the meat is browning...
Make your own spaghetti sauce you like....that is what I did...
Add to the browned meat to your sauce...set on simmer

Take squash out of oven and turn over...rake the with a fork to make the it look like spaghetti...lol
Keep the squash in the shell...and
Add your meat sauce on top of squash.
Top with grated mozzarella cheese and set back in oven until the cheese is melted

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 03-04-2014 at 04:02 PM..
Old 03-05-2014, 02:01 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the recipe Mary, I have written it down in my little food book and will keep a look out for squash the next time I am at the grocery store, by the time I had finished reading what you had done to it and then wrote it down I was starving lol, it sounded so good.
So what are you up to today....I haven't a clue sometimes what to do with my days, I think I spent so much of my life working and with children and then 6 grandchildren that now sometimes I feel at a loss as to what to do......and sometimes I want those days back where I was so busy, but then some of the time I kind of enjoy this quieter life, I keep thinking I will get used to this but its been about four years since I have worked and I still haven't figured out this un busy time of my life lol....I think about volunteering some days but then talk myself out of it.....its a nice time of life but one that takes getting used to don't you think, goodness sorry for the ramble lol, I guess its because I am figuring out what to do today lol......hope your day is a good one....