Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-17-2014, 03:25 PM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Wow it is 104 right now in the desert...DH cleaned out side of the house of things that needed to go to the City Dump and put out stuff to the curve for anyone that wanted it ...We both are tired...but now it is so nice to walk thru that side of the fenced in yard..DH has so much kept there over the years so it was time to get it out...We took a lot of old broken bricks away...what fun but glad we did....Going to get in the pool in just afew mins..and relax then washed my hair and get some supper going ....Relax tonight is in order....lol...Stopped at Lowes and got those new small blinds for my little windows I wanted ...for the kitchen and laundry ....
Yes I am glad for the pool for it is hot here in the summer....I still love going to coast on vacations though.....love the ocean.....
Still planning on going to Tx ...heard from John..He is ok...He says he is starting a new job Monday...we will see...But we going...for I need to try to be with some of my grandsons....and visit my brother and his wife...He is older than me..I am the middle child...lol....
Well time for the pool and get the chicken cooked for supper....

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 05-17-2014 at 03:28 PM..
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-2014, 03:39 PM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

A little cooler today...wow 99 lol...keeping to lower carbs today and worked out in the pool...DH cleaned my kitchen ceiling today...don't think about it getting dirty but it does from the cooking ......He replaced some lighting that needed to be replaced....So now the kitchen is bright ....oh no...you can see everything now LOL....Oh well our kitchen is a smaller kitchen lol....
Just got out of the pool...the temp is 91 right now so it was warm...but it helps me to exercise....love it....I enjoy watching the birds feed and chirp...chirp lol...
DH is playing a video game...not my thing...I like the Wii some...but not much...
I am fixing to iron...yes I said iron...lol...DH work shirts ...they need alittle fresh look ...he stay sharp looking so that is nice...he got his hair cut today ...he ask me what color of hair he has now...LOL...I told him salt and pepper look.....more dark than the gray but it is turning slowly....I will put on a fresh rinse before we go to Tx...so I will look good haha but when I get home I don't put much on over the summer because of being in the pool all the time....and it just washes it right out of my hair lol....
Well go to relax....then iron lol....
Old 05-19-2014, 07:11 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

Running errands all day.....I found a nice old wooden swing that someone thur to the curb while DH and I were out for supper tonight so DH picked it up for me and brought it home and I have been scraping it off and then I will sand it and stain it....it will be so pretty hanging up....Just what I need a new project lol...Oh well keeps me busy for sure ...
Feeling good and doing great with my eating now....DH is doing so good too...watching what he eats at work...so proud of him...
Watching the Voice right now...no snacking lol...Ofcourse I want the cowboy singer to win ....but they are all good singers....
Old 05-21-2014, 07:50 AM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

Up early...going to do a little grocery shopping and back to the home front ... Feeling good here....going to work in my craftroom today for awhile and just relax....

How is the beach Sandy...Just thinking about how nice it would be ...ohhhh lol
Old 05-23-2014, 08:34 PM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

Went out with David for a great dinner....we gave ourselves a higher carb meal ....I had my favorite chicken fried steak but only ate 2/3 of my steak, 1/3 of my mashed potatoes, no cold slaw....had a slice of tomato....no bread or creamed gravy on my steak...I was proud of myself for the old me would have had...a large steak with lots of gravy, French fries, and a homemade roll...extra gravy on the side...Come home and have some cookies while watching tv later.....not anymore.....DH had BBQ plate and he ate it allll...I want complain for he is doing so well...
No plans for Memorial Day...Just relaxing ...Proud of our American troops...have our flag up outside flying in the wind...
Old 05-25-2014, 10:41 AM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

Just taking this weekend slowly...watching war movies and now off to work in the yard with DH for awhile....need to get in that pool later and work it off....lol....
Working on the swing project...almost finished with the sanding now...will stain it later..
My family says it has been raining back home ...wow..I wish we had it here...we sure need it...
Sandy send some of yours...I will take all we can get from everywhere lol...I will let our sunny days travel to you...lol...
Old 05-26-2014, 08:56 AM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

85 this morning in the desert....going to have a nice relaxed day working on some small projects in the bath still....DH is framing the old mirror right now...that will made a low cost change that will look great....We stayed up late last night enjoying the pool together...planning our trip home to Tx...maybe dropped in for one day somewhere along the way to enjoy to ourselves...then spend our time with our family over the weekend...
David and I are both feeling better now we have started with our losing weight....so that really will be nice for this trip....have to come home and keep it up so we can plan a real vacation for us again that we will enjoy....
Keeping with our eating plan has been good for us....this morning no eggs....just couldn't do the eggs ....lol so saute' bacon and alittle ham with some onion flakes and then added the shredded cabbage and chopped tomatoes...added some seasoning we like and added a touch of cantaloupe ...that was it...not so boring...lol

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 05-26-2014 at 08:59 AM..
Old 05-27-2014, 10:31 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

Wow heat was up today here .....104 and it sure felt it....I worked alittle outside but not for long....Will have to get back to my water exercises tomorrow....Did laundry and house chores today...inside fun haha!
DH is on summer school hours at work so he is on 10 hr. work days and off on Fri. so that is nice for him to have 3 day weekends now....
Went thur a box of summer T-shirts that were put away and now they all fit so I will have a lot to wear ...2 pair of jean shorts I liked...YEA! When you live in the desert...it is shorts and T- shirts for sure lol
Old 05-28-2014, 12:03 AM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Hi Mary, sorry I haven't been over here in a while...I kind of fell off the wagon for a bit lol, but I am now back after weighing myself this morning as I am up four pounds from the beginning of May....I really wish we could swap weather for a while as I am getting fed up of the rain we seem to be getting, some parts of England have even been gven warnings on flooding, I think everone is getting fed up with it...
I am so with you when you said 2 posts up that you couldn't do the eggs that's the point I got to as well, I am so egged out lol, I think I need to think of different things to eat to keep me going.
Its great your hubby has started having three days off a week, so much more time to do things together, its the opposite with my dh, he is working really hard as its a new company so isn't getting to much time off at all, hopefully it will all settle down soon, well I have to run to the store so have a great day..
Old 05-28-2014, 08:41 AM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

Sandy.....don't worry about getting off the wagon just as long as we get back on when we need too...sometimes this WOE can get old at times so that I !I find for DH and myself we need to give ourselves that free one higher carb meal every once in awhile...not everyone agrees but it helps us to enjoy food but still remember we can not eat this way all the time for the weight will come back....I hate eating dull meals over and over so I have to think of things and just mix and match recipes LOL...DH just eats it and must enjoy it for he is doing ok himself..haha
I haven't been eating a lot of salads for I get bored with them too just like I do the eggs after awhile but this morning ....a green salad with lots of bacon and alittle of that cheddar cheese and ranch dressing and sunflowers seeds on top just looked great to me....so I am enjoying it....
I think we have to understand that we can enjoy food but it can not let it take over our life...it can taste wonderful but not loaded down with the bad carbs all the time.....we can give ourselves permission for that one meal that could overtake us but know that we planned it and are in control of getting back on track at the next moment...
So don't worry Sandy....you are down really good ...Just like me ....keeping busy I think helps us ....
Old 05-28-2014, 11:07 AM   #281
Major LCF Poster!

Started a new exercise this morning with hot days started for us now....Mall walking....I went this morning early when just enough people were in the mall to feel safe and lots of different ways to start my walking....so just started walking and getting my pace set ....I love walking and in the AC will be very comfortable to do....so now I will add this to my routine this summer....just like going to the gym but only cost of the gas in the car to get there....lol
Old 05-29-2014, 07:27 PM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

Sorta in the slow lane today...lol...104 and I just stayed in and worked in my craftroom separating photos and making some notes in my journal...I need to work on some old scrapbook pages that I am redoing from years ago of my sons....I have a lot of old photos of myself and I am going to make a scrapbook for myself...sometimes it helps as we get older to just have to remember our past memories.....Maybe my sons will enjoy it one day to just look at....who knows lol...
Need to go into the pool and exercise but just sorta relaxing today...I will be busy tomorrow with grocery day....need to make a list of things I want to fix for our trip later next weekend....
Well need to get my body moving .....walk from one chair to the other chair..wow...doesn't that sound like fun LOL... I sit at the breakfast bar and use my laptop and our recliner couch is right behind me....I don't work on my PC in our home office except when I want to use my printer lots....or if DH and I are looking at stuff together on both PCs...for vacation or something special....I like my spot here and my kindle is close by so I can read while I am looking on my FB with my family...
Old 05-30-2014, 04:54 AM   #283
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Hey Mary! I loooove scrapbooking. I'm not committed enough to do traditional scrapbooking, but I do pocket pages (like Project Life). Have you heard of that? I did a big album with our wedding and engagement photos and now I'm working on one for my mother-in-law. So fun! Hope you're having a good day today!
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:51 PM   #284
Major LCF Poster!

Been busy around the house ....had stepdaughter and family over for BBQ Sunday...that was nice...DH grilled steak and chicken.....made chicken salad out of the extra chicken leftover....good....Found a low carb bread at my local sprouts store and haven't had bread since I started and will have to be careful with how much I can have...I plan to have 2 slices of bread at 2x3 carbs OR my 1 Atkins bar ....Can not have both on same day....my goal to work on being in control....the scales are still looking good...up one day and way down the next but still I know I am not gaining...
Will be leaving for TX....this week for a little time with my family...Going to stay on track....the best I can....I do not plan to go wild....LOLwith the food...just lots of HUGS and sweet tears and a lot of visiting.....Will be taking our family out for dinner together one evening...My DH is so sweet and will pick up the check....
Old 06-06-2014, 08:53 PM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

Had a great day but long day......we arrived at my hometown in Tx...and we spent the evening with our youngest grandson....Hoping tomorrow will be a fun day with more of my family.....DH traded his 2011 truck in for a 2014 yesterday so we enjoyed it for our trip....Had a free high carb meal for supper so that is my only one....I carried lots of LC goodies for us while we are here...but we love this one Mexican food place so we had the real tacos....Now to be on track tomorrow...
Old 06-10-2014, 09:13 PM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Back home from Tx....loved being with my family and God just made the way for me to visit with all 4 of my grandsons....4 to 21 yrs old....
I didn't gain any weight so I am proud of that even though we had a couple of free high carb meals.....but we didn't go crazy with them so that helped....
Now today we are back on our regular eating routine....and going to move on to the next goal.....end of summer....

Bought a new smart phone today so I have to learn how to work it...lol....My family wanted me to catch up with them ...ha!ha! but I do love it...I will learn to text faster but most of all I will enjoy being able to take photos with my extra memory card I added...

Back to my water aerobics tomorrow....it is for sure hot here now in the desert...107 today but has been 110 already this week.....
Old 06-10-2014, 09:36 PM   #287
Major LCF Poster!

Well DH traded his 2011 Avalanche (Chevy) truck in for a 2014 Chevy Silverado...we got it the night before we left for Tx...wow...but it is nice....I told him he got his own Fathers Day present for sure...It has a GPS in it and I call the voice that talks on it giving directions Ms. Sassy LOL...I talked back to her each time we would get off the main freeway and she would say turn around and head back on ...... and I would talk back lol...DH and I just laughed a lot listening to her directions....We do really like having it just in case we need it on a trip...lol..

Sandy....My nephew and his wife was just in England this week...They took a vacation for their 20th anniversary....they went on a 11 day trip visiting London, Paris and Rome... Oh how I would love that...but when I looked up the cost of what tour they took...WOW! But one day we might but not until DH retires..

I hope you are feeling better ....
Old 06-10-2014, 11:47 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Morning Mary....yep I am nearly better, sometimes I am my own worst enemy lol.....anyway I was pleased to hear you were on your trip when I popped on here, it was nice imagining you surrounded by lots of family that you must really miss it all sounded really really lovely, and it makes the missing easier if you get to see everyone now and again....and then its always lovely to get home isn't it.
Your dh's truck sounds really cool, I could imagine you talking to it lol as I talk to my gps who I named Doris lol......mine isn't built in though, isn't it awesome the things they bring out......its funny yesterday I had an odd message from my son Dan who lives in Canada on my phone and when I text him to ask him if everything was ok he said he was driving and told his truck to call Emily his wife and it asked if it wanted him to call his mom....anyway somehow it got muddled hence the weird call, and I thought wow his new truck makes phone calls lol.....we are going over next summer so I will check it all out then, anyway you and dh must be really excited with it as it just must do so much and look amazing....it just boggles my mind with the things they come out with though.....oh and I love that you called her Ms Sassy lol, I wonder if everone names their gps or are we just both a bit mad lol.
Those smart phones are pretty cool aren't they, I got my first one last week but only switched it on a few days ago, before that I just had a normal mobile, I think it does everything but make a cup of tea lol, even video although I have no idea how to do half the stuff it does yet, it takes me ages to get my head around things like that....and even though I have been texting for years I am still so slow compared to everyone else, the kids today seem to do it with their thumbs but no clue how they manage to do that lol.
I finally got a good nights sleep last night as I hadn't slept properly since Sunday, I was worried I had got used to taking the pain medication, but whatever it was keeping me awake has now gone thankfully, its hard to cope with a weary head lol.
Anyway have fun in your pool today, our temps are finally hot, its lovely to feel nice and warm again....have a great day Mary and nice to see you back.....

Last edited by Sandy1; 06-10-2014 at 11:51 PM..
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

Yep! our truck and my car have the phones.. we don't use them but we have them LOL I don't have a GPS..but we don't travel out of town in mine even though we could...I love my HHR..it is cute..Gold with stripes down the side....lol I am fancy...lol... ....I have used my On Star once because I locked my key in the car...and they unlocked it for me like magic from whatever ....WOW...Yes I love my new smart phone but it is too smart for me and I used it today to call DH at work...I love the speaker phone lol...I don't know anything about them either...but I have one now LOL....Spent the morning working on cropping photos of our trip and our grandsons and posting them on FB for them to see....The kids have grown so fast since I last saw them....ofcourse our littlest one, Kyler was the most fun ...he is so cute and little...lol...He had a great time swimming with DH at the hotel...We kept Ky all day while Mom went to Dallas to a George Strait concert....I told her I was jealous lol...She brought me a nice T Shirt back with her...lol....

Well I am glad you are getting better...poor thing...
Just sitting here tonight working on some cross stitching....just relaxing....DH is fast sleep and the dog tooooo
Need to go out and check on the pool and exercise....I do that sometimes at night since it is not so hot...
Well will catch up later....
Old 06-12-2014, 09:45 AM   #290
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: shelby'snana
Stats: 173.5/ ? / 127 5'2"
WOE: low carb
Start Date: LC 7/28/2011
Mary Frances ~ hope you don't mind .. I've just finished reading your journal and I love it ! You are so positive and I love the happy outlook that you have on life.
I'm from Texas ~ Live down between Houston and Corpus. It's hot and humid here ! Woo !

Where in Texas is your family ?

I love when you talk of "chicken fried" etc..... yep, you are a Texan

Anyway hope you are enjoying your pool and so glad you got to make the trip to see kiddos .

Have a great day !
shelby'snana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014, 10:18 AM   #291
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Laura.... Welcome
Yes I live in AZ. but my heart still belongs in Tx...I was just there in West Texas...where all the oil pumps are pumping that oil out for sure....I have been away for a couple of years and wow the change in the town...How the town has grown and so many new homes and restaurants and more ....I love Tx but I do not have any thoughts of moving back...My whole family live there in different areas....I have been to Houston and ofcourse Corpus....I was born in Harlingen so I know the Valley...and have been down the King Ranch hwy a lot of times...Padre Island was our vacation place when we were kids and ofcourse going across to Mexico from Brownsville....lots of great old memories...
Yes I still love my CFS..and all the sides with it...but I don't eat it a lot now ...but I do on my free meal days...lol
Come back and visit anytime....I am just a country girl at heart and my home is decorated that way tooooo

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 06-13-2014 at 10:24 AM..
Old 06-13-2014, 10:34 AM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

Just go back from the Chevy place...truck is having something added to it mmmm lol ..We stopped by our phone store and learned somemore about our new phones....and they did have to call about something not working....I knew something was wrong LOL...anyway...now what to do with it...I just don't use my phone a lot since I am home all day now...but I will use it..haha...

I found a low carb bread at our local sprouts store....3 carbs...and I like it ok...but still have to watch how much I eat....I have told myself the if I have 2 pieces of bread that means I don't have my one atkins chocolate bar for the day.....so that has been working...I love bread and taters more than sweets anyday....but how can you pass up chocolate forever lol...

My scales are looking great right now so will see what my next goal will show...I think the end of summer will be a good goal for me now....
Old 06-15-2014, 07:23 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Went out for Breakfast with DH for Fathers Day this morning....We both decided to let ourselves have a alittle higher carb meal...and we did enjoy it but not go to crazy....Now back on track tonight with a very LC supper....need to work out alittle longer tonight....

We went out looking around at new used travel trailers....we would love to buy one to do some traveling...we will see lol
Old 06-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

Tired tonight...got groceries bought and checked my craft stores and a couple of thrift shops....didn't get my water aerobics in tonight...just alittle tired....no excuse for myself but the just the truth.....Sometimes my body just talks to me and says ...I am tired Mary LOL...Need to work in the yard tomorrow cutting some bushes back so that will be good exercise...
Old 07-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

Welllll...I have been away for awhile...alittle busy with home....but I am back Had a couple of free days off track but now back to my eating routine....
While I was away we traded my car in for us a used travel trailer ....it is very different not having my cute little HHR to run around it ...mmmmm but we now have our new truck and travel trailer so we will have a great time when we get to go on our roadtrips ....Plans are to trade trailer in to buy an RV in afew more years when DH retires...We are excited for we love traveling all over the backroads and now our dog Spanky will come with us...Trying to keep list for our LC foods so we will not get carried away with all the food traps we get into with lots of snacks on road trips....Lots of good things we can have while camping...since we can cook inside our camper or outside on our campstove or grill....Low carb eating can be done on trips....just takes some organizing and making sure you make things enjoyable and store the prepared food easy to get too....