Stats: 263 as of 1/13
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: Febuary 1, 2014
Tara's Journal - start weight 263 - height 5'4"

Started Low Carb 2/1/14

Doctor appointment 1/13/14 9am - Integrative Therapy doctors:
Weight: 263
Height: 5' 4"
I was recovering from the flu. I had influenza A. My daughter 8 months in daycare brings us home lots of cooties.

Rx: No more fast food, no more diet sodas, drink more water, take multivitamin, continue taking Vitamin D, and have bloodwork to check cortisol levels and thyroid.

*also take Fish Oil

started taking next day the vitamins ...no quit diet sodas however not drinking as much...hard to do on LC diet however I know I can...baby steps.
because can be overwhelming

started hot yoga same day...did hot yoga for 10 days in a row...I felt great!

JOINED THIS GROUP LAST NIGHT...AND TODAY IS MY FIRST JOURNAL ENTRY!
tara_denise is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2014, 03:59 PM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
Start Date: April 2012
Welcome! I am trying to quit diet sodas for the second time since starting LC. I did it once successfully but then had some major stress happen and started drinking them again. I am back down to only one per day. Hopefully soon I will be able to cut that one out too. It really helps my weight loss when I don't drink them.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:50 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: tara_denise
Stats: 263 as of 1/13
Start Date: Febuary 1, 2014
Friday 2/7/2014 - 7 whole days on low carb

Yeah I bought a pack of Diet Green Tea...read somewhere citric acid could throw off low carbers. Dont know so I will see but one day at a time right ?

I just found out there are Atkins frozen meals located in Walmart. I am super excited!

I had a moment last night where I wanted to just get a burger with bun. But I avoided the drive thru and went into grocery store to buy a 10g carb bar from their endless section of bars. I think I stood there 30 minutes reading labels looking for carbohydrates. I then went around to next aisle and boom there were Atkins bars in a box.

I know not the best choice on Induction but it helped me stick with it. I weighed yesterday and today...early morning when first waking. I didnt see a lot of weight lost. I will continue to stick with it because yesterday I had a good day! Better than the rest of week where I had a cold...not so much Atkins flu because my 8 month old daughter and husband both sick now. She brings us cooties from day care often. We been constantly sick for 3-4 months now!
I am happy to be feeling better today also! I just need to get more rest!
Rest helps me...on average 5-6 hrs a night. I do better when 8 hrs. I am trying and that is what counts. I started reading book at night to help. I want to continue to get to bed earlier.
I realize I am rambling on and on, but ya know this is MY journal entry! And if this helps then let's do it.
And if it helps someone else...then boom! The world is better.

Praying for all those low carbin' it ! And who are inspiring each other and newbies! Prayed for strenght, wisdom, and peace in our minds and hearts!!!
Enjoy this Friday !!
tara_denise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:34 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/183/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
welcome! all the best to you tara! Today is my last day of week three of doing 20ish grams of carbs a day. It is certainly a learning process.

I started a journal too!

Best of luck to you!
wish is offline   Reply With Quote