Old 06-21-2014, 05:34 AM   #1141
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 7/2014
Hope everyone is doing well today.
Sandy - hope you get back soon!
Prayers to you and your family during this time...
jblanken is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2014, 05:56 AM   #1142
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Hey girl thinking of you today. Can't wait to hear from you. Love Ya!
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 04:21 PM   #1143
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Sandy - Miss You !

Julie - How's everything with you?
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:53 PM   #1144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NanaMary
Stats: 167/138/135
WOE: Low Carb High Fat
Start Date: January 2014
Hi Sandy-hope you are well. I miss you!
NanaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:13 AM   #1145
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garden View Post
Sandy - Miss You !

Julie - How's everything with you?
Hi Susan - good here did a few bad carb days and trying to get back to ketosis. How are you doing Susan?

Sandy - hope all is well, we are missing you!
Old 06-29-2014, 05:32 AM   #1146
Senior LCF Member

Hey Sandy Miss you!
Old 07-12-2014, 06:37 AM   #1147
Senior LCF Member

Keeping you bumped up. Hope you are ok!
Old 08-08-2014, 04:45 AM   #1148
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Finally back and getting back on track....think my weight is around 152 but will know for definite in the morning.....ok off to find everyone.....
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2014, 05:16 AM   #1149
Senior LCF Member

Welcome back!!!!!
Old 08-09-2014, 05:39 AM   #1150
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Mary, well it seems like everyone has fallen off the wagon as I can't find anyone lol, I just hope they are staying strong and skinny wherever they are.

So I ate low carb yesterday without weighing so not sure exactly what my starting weight was but I think around 152 and this morning weighed 151.
I started with bacon and eggs and all was going well until at lunchtime I needed a cold drink and automatically grabbed the ginger beer out of the fridge and after drinking a really big glass full it suddenly dawned on me that it wasn't diet and this particular one is loaded with sugar (hubbys favourite) oh I could kick myself for drinking the silly thing, anyway I have gotten over the shock of it now lol so onwards I will still go although I doubt I will see the scale move in the morning now...grrrrrrr

Last night I got up in the night to go to the loo and fell down the stairs, about eight of them I think, I felt the back of my head hit every single step, it really freaked me out for a few hours afterwards as I couldn't believe it had happened as just over a week ago I recovered from breaking a toe which took nearly four weeks to heal....anyway this morning my tail bone is killing me so I guess I have badly bruised it, I think I need one of those doughnut cushions to be able to sit without pain......honestly this summer has been one thing after another......
Anyway its nice to be back, and I would like to get my weight down to around 145, so hopefully it won't take to long.
Old 08-09-2014, 10:17 PM   #1151
Senior LCF Member

Wow! Falling down the stairs is nothing to take lightly...holy moly. I am always so careful on mine...grab the railing all the way down. I hope things go well for you and I really miss you Sandy...weight loss or not, it was very nice "talking" to you. So I hope you're ok with the bumps and bruises and we shall meet again, I hope!
Old 08-10-2014, 12:28 AM   #1152
Major LCF Poster!

I need to do a catch up on your journal which I haven't done yet as sitting keeps hurting my tailbone....today I am going to find a doughnut thingy to sit on lol......I agree about the falling down stairs is nothing to take lightly I think I was in total shock for about two hours afterwards and the crazy thing is I was holding onto the railing, our stairs are carpeted and not slippy at all but as I came downstairs it was like I trod on a sheet of glass and my legs just flew up.....I think that freaked me out as much as the falling as none of it made any sense, I am still trying to make sense of it......but the last two years I have been so injury prone that it is just weird......anyway sorry for the ramble lol.
My fingers and toes are crossed you get to stay Mary as I think you only ever meet a few people you truly connect with and for me you were one of them so I will keep checking to see if you are around now lol.

This morning I am not weighing as after drinking the sugar laden ginger beer I had sweet and spicy chicken with rice for dinner, I kind of gave up for the day which I know was crazy but I thought I would get my favourite dinner out of the way before starting cleanly and properly today.....I am guessing I am up a pound which I don't need to see lol.
Today we have the tail end of a storm called Berta hit the island and we are loving it....we have rain....lots of lots of lovely lashings of it, most people's grass have gone yellow and mine was heading that way and we have been lacking in rain for a few months now....so this is totally glorious....I have the biggest urge to go out and walk in it as I haven't seen rain in ages.....I really hope it lasts all day.....

Last edited by Sandy1; 08-10-2014 at 12:30 AM..
Old 08-11-2014, 10:14 AM   #1153
Senior LCF Member

Wow Sandy - welcome back we missed you... I've gotta read up on your recent posts!!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:16 PM   #1154
Senior LCF Member

Lurking in a72... Sorry to hear of your cousin, prayers to you and family.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:50 AM   #1155
Senior LCF Member

Hello Sandy! Hope you're feeling ok after your tumble. Not much new on my end, still going to yoga and trying to stay on plan. I had a "carb day" Sunday due to some upcoming medical tests I need to have done...all explained in my journal. Check back in, we miss you!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:02 AM   #1156
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Julie, it is so nice to see you, and also so glad to see you are still around, I think we have lost Susan and Jeanne, but who knows they might come back.....glad to see you are still here Mary, I thought we had lost you for a while lol.

I haven't been on here much as I have been posting on A72 and kept forgetting about my journal....also have had aches and more pains coming out daily from my fall down the stairs....I finally found a doughnut cushion to sit on but its still uncomfortable but not so painful so at least that is something......and then yesterday morning found out my cousin had died, only 56, so spent a lot of time yesterday on the phone and hate to say it but drank to many Bacardi's last night when my cousins wife wanted me to call her, it was really hard, so I had a few tipples while talking to her, didn't get to bed until 5am....my summer so far has seemed to be filled with drama and injuries, its been a weird one.
My weight went up from 151 to 153 after eating my favourite dinner but this morning came back down to 151, so I have to be good from now on....no more favourite dinners for me.

Julie what have you been up to, how is your weight loss going and how is your summer going, how are your teeth now after having something done...I need to go back and read what you were having done, I think it sounded similar to a problem I am having.

Mary going to go over now and read your journal to see what you have been up to.....medical tests are a worry, really hope everything is ok....
Old 08-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #1157
Senior LCF Member

Sandy - hope you feel better soon, sounds like the donut is working.
I've been doing up and down since sometimes I'm not on plan...
But have decided this is the WOE for me so I must keep at it.
I am not going to weigh until 8/22, then go to FL for a week, then
get right back on plan... I am trying to do the same WOE as
April where I lost 10 pounds. Why is it so hard to lose in the
summer?

My teeth. I actually had 2 abscesses going on right now #1(worked on)
and #2 still on going. They really do not cause me too much pain.
Only sporadically which is weird I think. I take vit C, which helps.
I had #1 tooth bone graft in June and that is healing well.
9/4 I go get another tooth done probably grafting but he doesn't know
until he gets in there. #1 was a major graft. My old dentist didn't
really help there so I have a new dentist that works with me on this.
I feel I am making progress in this area...

A'72 believer

Julie
Old 08-12-2014, 02:47 PM   #1158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: giggles4me
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: JUDDD / low carb
Start Date: 8/16/2014
still here Sandy, so glad to see you back here.. Just not posting as much...
giggles4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 07:06 AM   #1159
Major LCF Poster!

I have had a hard time getting my head around my cousin dying which is why I haven't been posting much....I guess it all just takes time for your brain to process it all....I am getting there....I hate funerals so I am not looking forward to that but they have to do a post mortem first so still have about a week and a half before I have to go to the mainland.....
Anyway on a positive note I am down this morning to 149.6 it was good to see that number again, yesterday I picked at a roasted chicken all day and then had bacon and eggs, I felt like I ate to much so was happy to see a loss on the scales....today I might finish the chicken off with some roasted peppers tomatoes and onions, so a few carbs but not to many.

Julie thanks for letting me know what went on with your teeth, dentists are horrible scary places lol, you are so brave getting yourself all sorted out, I hope I am as brave as you when I get the results next week....I am also taking vit c 1,000 mg timed release but just take it for health and didn't know it helps with teeth and gums etc, so that is good to know that I am doing something right... it sounds like you have a good dentist now though that knows what he is doing.....
Its good to hear you are still at low carb, even if you go off for a while at least you are getting back on it again and not giving up....I think its the easiest and quickest way to get the weight off, I enjoyed my breaks though when I was doing it last time, as long as I didn't go off for to long there wasn't to much damage just a few pounds here and there....it might have made things take longer but for me makes it more doable and I don't feel so deprived lol, summer is a great time for berries and fruits and I have eaten them every day, I don't think I could have missed out it would have made me to miserable.....but I am glad to be back on this way of eating to lose a few more pounds as I still see fat on me and it would be good to have it gone completely...so no more fruits for me for a while.

Jeanne.....I was so happy when I saw your post....now we just have to find Susan, I wonder what happened to her.....and I need to see if Judy is back from her vacation....so let us know how you are doing Jeanne.

Mary I did post on your wall, I think when I wrote where are you we were posting at the same time lol....so glad you are still around.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:07 AM   #1160
Major LCF Poster!

So this morning was down again on the scales, so far it has looked like this since I started back
I like to type it out as it encourages me to see what is going on over the weeks....anyway its good to see that its working, I will soon be down to 144 which is what my goal is at the moment.
Nothing much to post, still trying to get my head round my cousin dying, still trying to get through my latest injury, tailbone is still painful and I made it worse yesterday by watering my container plants with the watering can instead of the hose, but I wanted to miracle gro them, anyway I definitely made things worse, but it will be better soon, hopefully another few days or a week.
I noticed one of my plants, honesty plant has been totally eaten by caterpillars, so got dh to dig it up, didn't hurt the caterpillars though but just put it at the end of the garden, hoping they are going to be butterflies and not moths although I do like moths as well lol....good job I have another honesty plant to make up for losing that one.
Today I am not up to much, still can't go out as it will hurt to walk up those hills, hope everyone has a great day and see's some losses....I am going to have a go at taking selfies today as I would like to update my pic as its a bit old now and totally hate that pic lol....

Last edited by Sandy1; 08-14-2014 at 02:09 AM..
Old 08-14-2014, 03:34 AM   #1161
Senior LCF Member

Morning Sandy,
I do hope you get to being better soon. Slow down and relax a bit and you will feel like your oldself in no time.. Trust me I am trying to do the same thing, just relax.....

Yes a new pic would be nice to see from you. I changed mine to my new puppy, Chole...
Old 08-14-2014, 06:32 AM   #1162
Senior LCF Member

Good morning ladies,

Ditto on your thoughts giggles4me

The Garden this year -- while my cucumbers didn't get enough room, they didn't produce as much as prior years have to remember to give them space next year. The tomatoes however are a bumper crop. Even though they have carbs I did make my Mother's homemade tomato soup. I don't want to give this up yet... I had a large amount of string beans which I had a few meals from but pulled them out after a bit. The flowers also are doing well. I have tended to go to the yellows and oranges lately - love the color! I did notice the slugs too but they weren't as much to harm the plants.

I've started back to exercising every other day, it just helps my stress, which hasn't been too much but do like the feeling exercise gives me i.e., calms me.
This is something you might want to try Sandy. After/during my mothers illness/death I did a lot of exercise to help with the stress/mourning of it all... My choice at the time was jogging, but I think whatever exercise you chose is good therapy.

Have a great day...
Old 08-14-2014, 09:04 AM   #1163
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne...Love your new pic, what a beautiful dog you have, she has such a lovely face doesn't she....when I read your post about relaxing I took a really deep breath...it was the way you wrote it lol...it made me laugh as it made me take this relaxing breath in lol...funny....yes I have taken it easier today...not lifting of watering cans for me for a while.

Julie I loved hearing all about your garden, I have never tried growing cucumbers....if we are all still on here next year I will send you a reminder....to keep a bigger space with them lol.....I am with you on the tomato's, I only planted 6 little plants and they are monsters....taller than me and have so many tomato's on them, they are just starting to go red this week....tomato soup sounds good, when I get to pick mine I will bug you for the recipe lol......funny my favourite plants this year are the yellows, I have one flower called Coreopsis, probably spelled it wrong, its a perennial but one I used to have a few years ago in Canada, and it has flowered and flowered for months now, and still going strong and covered in yellow flowers so that is my favourite one this year.

Yes I agree about the exercise...definitely could do with some right now as I know it helps with that stressed anxious feeling....but with this silly bruised tailbone can't do much, although one more week and I think I should be back to walking lots and back to yoga....and can't wait to dig more in my garden....one more week fingers crossed.

Well I have spent my day trying to hook up my new phone with my laptop as I hadn't gotten around to playing to much with it....it took me hours and hours to figure it out, probably started at lunchtime and just finished figuring it all out lol.....I took some selfies of myself and they were awful....face looked to thin, nose looked to big...eyes looked to squinty lol....by the time I was done I was convinced I was the ugliest person I had ever seen lol......I obviously do not take good selfies lol.....I will get dh to take a normal pic of me soon....anyway it kept me busy and out of trouble and now its time to start the dinner....can't believe my day has gone that fast.....but I have done nothing but sit and relax and play....see you all tomorrow.
Old 08-14-2014, 05:21 PM   #1164
Senior LCF Member

Julie, since my dad passed 3 years ago, I find that walking helps me deal with the loss(walking was my dad's favorite thing to do after dinner each night). And I find that on my walks I start to remember the good time we had together and I find myself with a bit of the giggles.. I know it sounds strange but I feel so much better once the walk is done and I seem to be in a better state of mind as well. Try it Sandy, it does help (when you are able to get around again)....
Old 08-15-2014, 01:39 AM   #1165
Major LCF Poster!

I didn't eat much yesterday so need to eat more today....thanks for sharing your stories on the exercise, I loved reading that Jeanne, about your dad and how walking brings back memories and makes you feel good, that was so lovely. at the moment I feel like running just to get rid of this feeling inside of me, I am going to try and go for a walk today and avoid the hills, I think it will help, its mainly sitting and bending and getting up that hurts my tailbone, walking round the kitchen feels good, so I will go in the opposite direction to town where it is flat and do some walking.....thanks guys you are the best.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:55 AM   #1166
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giggles4me View Post
Julie, since my dad passed 3 years ago, I find that walking helps me deal with the loss(walking was my dad's favorite thing to do after dinner each night). And I find that on my walks I start to remember the good time we had together and I find myself with a bit of the giggles.. I know it sounds strange but I feel so much better once the walk is done and I seem to be in a better state of mind as well. Try it Sandy, it does help (when you are able to get around again)....
This is a nice memory, its a keeper.
Old 08-15-2014, 06:57 AM   #1167
Senior LCF Member

I've been reading a book called keto clarity. It talks about nutritional ketosis. One doctor, Dr terry Walls states, `Humans went into ketosis every winter for thousands of generations. Being in a low level of ketosis is the more natural state for our metabolism. We do have metabolic flexibility and can operate on amino acids, glucose, or fat.`

Maybe this is why I loose more easily in cold months...hmmm
I love to read! For me it helps to read others going through the same things, just like these blogs... I also like to know what the research says...

Have a great day...
Old 08-15-2014, 07:23 AM   #1168
Major LCF Poster!

That sounds really interesting Julie...do you have any idea why they went into ketosis every winter, was it to do with no fruits etc being available.
I love reading that this way of eating is healthy and good for us though as there is so much conflicting research out there that it makes you wonder what is good and what is bad....I am glad you are still researching and sharing lol....thanks for that.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:58 AM   #1169
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
That sounds really interesting Julie...do you have any idea why they went into ketosis every winter, was it to do with no fruits etc being available.
Yes I believe the author meant this is the reason for ketosis every winter. The people ran out of vegetables and fruits of the warmer months. They had no way to preserve the food. A very seasonable type of eating.

The author also talks about the controversy in the 'medical' groups, the money makers and politics. One term/condition specifically, because they are in the medical field they should know the difference between ketosis and acidoketosis but do not speak of the two being different. He goes into depth on these differences and how ketosis can benefit.
Old 08-17-2014, 01:12 PM   #1170
Senior LCF Member

Sandy, so how did your weekend go? did you stick to your eating plan?