Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2014, 01:15 AM   #751
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Weight today....the same...147....I am stalled...ok just kidding....I even felt fat last night lol.....today will do a bit better on those calories...well I will try lol.

Mary...Thanks for letting me know what it was you were doing...I just copied and pasted the link you gave me and it works......so you did it lol....clever girl.....I will read it with my coffee in a mo, but thanks for taking the time to do that....

Susan...Glad to hear you found the yoga you did relaxing...I think the one I tried...the kundalini one must have been different because it was exhausting lol.

I will definitely give the yoga lady a call in a few days and start next week....its amazing what our little town has to offer and I have only just realized, there is a walking group that meet every Friday, a knitting group that meets on Tuesdays but don't think I will do that one....a book group that meets one of the days so I might think about that one...not that I am bored yet, I have to many seeds on the go and to much spring cleaning to do to have gotten there yet, but its good to know there are things out there if I do get bored....so I will just start with yoga for now.....really wish there was something to do with herbalism, or essential oils or painting....but you never know what might come up....ok I am rambling again and need my second cup of coffee.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-24-2014, 04:00 AM   #752
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Sandy - your weight is GREAT! You are not fat! I'm sure you will find many, many things to keep you busy. Find the things that truly make you tick. After I retired, I started volunteering at a historical plantation site to work in their flower gardens. Learned alot but they wanted "all of me and my time". The other volunteers were lovely people, but also wanted me to spend time with them beyond gardening. Which was fine at first, but it became a "chore" for me to go to lunch, go shopping, go, go, go. And weekends with hubby were being interrupted. I just wanted my time to myself at my own pace. And I gained weight! After a few years of this lifestyle, I gave up the garden volunteering and the people sapping my time away. I guess I'm really, really an introvert and happy with it! Peaceful solitude!

Just wanted to share my experience - you may thrive on that style of life.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:12 AM   #753
Major LCF Poster!

Susan...I think I am like you and like my alone time to much....other people always make me stressed for some reason.....a few of our neighbours have invited us over and I have always made excuses lol....I talked myself out of volunteering as I have had enough of work and its nice to do the things I haven't been able to do for years....I am also enjoying time away from dh although he is amazing....but to do what I want when I want is lovely....I think I will just stick to yoga and my gardening for now...I am glad you shared your experience with me though as it also helped make my mind up a few weeks ago when I was in panic mode lol....I definitely am enjoying my life right now just as it is....apart from would love to learn yoga....when you mentioned people sapping your time away, I though yep that's true and they also sap away all of your energy as well....have an incredible trip.....keep safe...see you soon.....sending you hugs.....
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 05:27 AM   #754
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 7/2014
up .5 today and even ate less yesterday... so who knows...?
Glad you ladies are doing well...
Yesterday it got so busy I forgot to drink all the water I wanted, kind of a stressful day really. Also forgot to bring in my HWC for my coffee at work so there was added carbs there. I did eat 300 less calories and didn't exercise...forgot about appointment during the aloted time for exercise...
Today I will just stay on plan, drink more water and exercise...

Good luck on your losses today !!!

Sandy, Mary & Susan - I wish I had the time you have for yourselves..
Enjoy it!

A'72 believer

Julie
jblanken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 06:12 AM   #755
Major LCF Poster!

Julie...that sucks....it could have been anything, we get thrown off by so many things on lc....I know...I wasn't happy either this morning lol...we like our loses every day damn it lol......well there is always tomorrow....fingers crossed we get a loss, I don't think any of us did today....
It is nice having time, lots of it....but I do still miss some of the jobs I have had, I used to love getting dressed up in the morning lol....also I envy you because you still have your family at home....I would do anything to have those days back again even though they were all a pain in the bum lol....
Hope the sun is shining where you are....thankfully at last we have a nice sunny day so I am watching my plants grow and then have to go down this huge hill to this one store I need to go to....but it kills me walking back up it again.....but its good exercise so I will do it....yuk.
Hope your day is a good one...you sound really busy....
Old 04-24-2014, 06:16 AM   #756
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
...we like our loses every day damn it lol......well there is always tomorrow....fingers crossed we get a loss, I don't think any of us did today......
Hope the sun is shining where you are....thankfully at last we have a nice sunny day so I am watching my plants grow and then have to go down this huge hill to this one store I need to go to....but it kills me walking back up it again.....but its good exercise so I will do it....yuk.
Hope your day is a good one...you sound really busy....
Amen to the damn it ...

Yes! Sun is shinning here... makes it so nice to walk to...planning an hour!

One lady in another thread said she drank a gallon of water a day and saw good losses. How much water do you ladies drink?? Just curious, I tend to forget to do this...

Planted my flowers - bachelors buttons (found these too) in the garden. Also planted cucumbers... I like container tomatoes. Thought I had the seeds for lettuce but not, so I have to get this. Lettuce matures pretty fast so I am not too worried about this.

Lets see losses !!!
Old 04-24-2014, 06:18 AM   #757
Senior LCF Member

Something nice that I notice while on low carb - that my nails are stronger... Has anyone noticed this?? Just a thought...
Old 04-24-2014, 08:29 AM   #758
Major LCF Poster!

Back from that nasty hill walk lol....it was to see if dh's old laptop could be fixed so I could give it to my daughter....but no, he totally fried it lol, still at least I got some good exercise in.

Glad the sun is shining for you as well, it makes everything feel better, Water, no I don't do that at all lol, I know I should, I drink decaf coffee all day long though, does that count lol.....when I get hungry but know for definite I shouldn't eat anymore I have a glass or two of diet decaf coke.....its funny when we used to live in Canada we drank water continually, and wouldn't even leave the house without it, for some reason since being back over here I have stopped, dh has a glass now and again.....we are even fluoride free, I should really make an effort to drink some, now if the weather would get really hot maybe I would lol.
Oh you found some batchelor button seeds, brilliant, it said on my packet to plant straight in the garden so I put them in two big pots and now they are about a quarter of an inch high....my cosmos seeds said to do in the house so I have done them on the windowledge and they are about an inch high already and they have their true leaves, only tiny but really cool.....my honesty plant, the seeds I stole from a plant a the seafront are about 4 inches high, they just got their true leaves the last few days so they are ready to go into little pots.....oops I do get boring don't I lol....I haven't done seeds in years, I had forgotten how much fun it was....so you do lettace from seed, that is interesting, I have never had a go at growing things like that, but think I wouldn't mind having a go.....
oh yes nails are much stronger, there must be a link there somewhere if you have noticed the same, I used to have some ridges on a couple of nails, I thought at the time it was probably age related as I looked it up lol, but they seem to be going as well, so maybe it was diet related...interesting......

Last edited by Sandy1; 04-24-2014 at 08:30 AM..
Old 04-24-2014, 09:13 AM   #759
Senior LCF Member

Here's another thing I noticed on low carb. I sleep better...hmmm
Old 04-24-2014, 09:17 AM   #760
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
I drink decaf coffee all day long though, does that count lol.....when I get hungry but know for definite I shouldn't eat anymore I have a glass or two of diet decaf coke........

Oh you found some batchelor button seeds, brilliant, it said on my packet to plant straight in the garden so I put them in two big pots and now they are about a quarter of an inch high....my cosmos seeds said to do in the house so I have done them on the window ledge and they are about an inch high already and they have their true leaves, only tiny but really cool.....my honesty plant, the seeds I stole from a plant a the seafront are about 4 inches high, they just got their true leaves the last few days so they are ready to go into little pots.....oops I do get boring don't I lol...
Yes decaf drinks do count, or at least this was what I've heard...
Maybe this is what I did wrong with the cosmos last year...put them right in the garden....do love these flowers too
I do this as well...in the fall when I see flowers seeding out, I steel...
Especially when I know they will just be thrown out...
Old 04-24-2014, 09:39 AM   #761
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: CopperTop
Stats: 178/131.2/130
WOE: Moderate carb/protein/fat
Start Date: January 15, 2006
Hi Sandy,
Thank you for the warm welcome. This is such a nice, friendly group so I would love to stop in from time to time if that's okay.
As you can see from my post count, I don't post a lot. When I first joined this site I tried to get involved more but I got burned a couple of times. Maybe I was just a little too sensitive but I backed off and became just a "lurker".

I love hearing about where you live. It seems like such a lovely place.

Just a little funny--the quote in my signature line is on the wall in the bathroom at the salon where I get my hair done. The walls are painted black and there are several quotes stenciled in white. It was my favorite.

Hope you are enjoying your day-
Ruth

Quit smoking Jan. 10, 2007
CopperTop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #762
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ruth...we would love to have you, I think some of us have gotten burned, it only happened to me once, but it was as stressful as if it were in real life.....some people just get really opinionated and nasty if you are doing something different or they think they know better....our small group of Me, Julie, Jeanne and Susan quite often change what we are doing diet wise, but still support each other, its kind of interesting I think when someone tries something else just in case it works better lol....its all a learning thing, I think at the moment we doing Atkins 72 as it seems to be working a bit quicker but also watching calories at the same time, but whatever it is you are doing we will support you, your stats look good though....131, wow, I can only dream at this point lol.
Anyway you are not on your own with being sensitive....my dh tells me I am that way inclined, its easy to get hurt then isn't it...
So come back and either talk about your plan and how you are doing...or you can just chat with us....about anything lol....I have to much time on my hands so pop on here throughout the day to ramble on.....poor Julie has to put up with me lol, so you would be helping her out .....
Yes I do love your quote, I thought you had done the course, I think I got it off the internet but didn't keep it up.

Last edited by Sandy1; 04-24-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Old 04-24-2014, 10:10 AM   #763
Major LCF Poster!

Lol Julie so glad its not just me stealing seeds lol.....I don't know anyone else who does it, I don't do it very often just now and again.....definitely try the cosmos on a sunny windowledge....I just put mine in a carboard egg box as it was all I could find, but they are doing really well, didn't even have to cover them with plastic or anything.
I just had to run to the store....yhea more exercise lol...and they had sweet pea's, I have never had those before, my sister in law had them and I loved them...so that is something different for me to try.
oh yes I am sleeping better....oh my gosh it is amazing....I have had problems on and off for a few years but these days I am asleep within 30 minutes....amazing.....so you have noticed the same thing....its wonderful isn't it.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:34 AM   #764
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NanaMary
Stats: 167/138/135
WOE: Low Carb High Fat
Start Date: January 2014
Hi Sandy! I'm getting jealous of everyone's gardening, it's still too early here to do anything more than clean up from winter and hope for warmer days. Only 50 today for the high but it is bright and sunny so that's cheerful.
Julie, you're doing everything right so don't stress a little gain here or there...our bodies are so strange and react to so many things, you'll drive yourself nuts worrying! Just keep on keeping on and the pounds will come off. I know that for me, getting back into exercise is going to throw the scale off, maybe for a few weeks. I'm not going to stress about it. If my pants suddenly don't fit, then I'll worry. I do drink a lot of water most days, but I have to force myself because I prefer hot drinks to cold. Unless it's a cocktail, lol. But I've been drinking my water sort of lukewarm, and that helps. I keep my big pint glass by the sink and just remind myself every hour or two to drink a pint.
Hi Ruth! You're success is amazing, whatever you're doing! I get a little weirded out reading the other boards, I don't often post on them because it seems there are some "carb police" out there who are just RIGHT. Drives me nuts to read some of the posts. There is one in particular who I think has a genuine eating disorder and I want to reach through the computer and shake her, but I see other folks telling her to "try this, try that..." All I want to tell her is EAT SOMETHING! I know, who am I to talk as I'm trying to watch what I'm eating all the time, but she's truly not overweight and I think it's dangerous to encourage that sort of behavior. Okay enough of my preaching.
Have a great day all and continued success!
NanaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:05 AM   #765
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Nana Mary (I'm a Nana too) but while my stats look really good now, I've actually lost and gained the same 40 lbs or so twice since I've been on this site. I am always either losing weight or gaining. I am trying now to learn how to maintain. Oddly, I'm not finding it too difficult.
Sandy, your journal seems to be the gathering place. I hope you don't mind.
Old 04-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #766
Major LCF Poster!

Oh my gosh....Mary...I forgot to include you when I listed us all for Coppertop....I am so sorry.....sending you a big hug because now I feel awful.......how could I have forgotten you.....so sorry Mary.
Old 04-24-2014, 01:02 PM   #767
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NanaMary
Stats: 167/138/135
WOE: Low Carb High Fat
Start Date: January 2014
Sandy please...no worries there are a lot of us to remember. lol
NanaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 03:41 PM   #768
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: giggles4me
Stats: 160/135/125
WOE: JUDDD / low carb
Start Date: 8/16/2014
Hey you forgot Judy too.... Sandy you might have to make a list... LOL
giggles4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 12:22 AM   #769
Major LCF Poster!

Jeanne....lol....blimey....Judy will smack me on the head for that one....lol
Old 04-25-2014, 12:25 AM   #770
Major LCF Poster!

April 1st 152.6
April 2nd 152.6
April 3rd 151.8
April 4th 151.2
April 5th 151.2
April 6th 149.8
April 7th 149.8
April 8th 149.8
April 9th 148.2
April 10th 148.2
April 12th 148.2 Came off lc, dd poorly....went to mainland as she has 4 children omgosh 7 days of carb laden food.
April 18th 150.6 those evil carbs lol
April 19th 150
April 20th 149.4
April 21st 148.4
April 22nd 147.8
April 23rd 147
April 24th 147
April 25th 146

So I thought I would go back to my old way of typing my weight for the month so I can see how it has gone, and I am really pleased considering I took a week off....so just over six pounds so far and still 5 days to go to the end of the month....now off to read all the posts I didn't read last night....
Old 04-25-2014, 01:00 AM   #771
Major LCF Poster!

Mary...when you said you drink your water lukewarm, I remember reading something years and years ago that it was better for you like that, I remember when I was drinking water I would take mine just out of the bottles that were in the box but the family took them from the fridge...I am sure I read years ago it was actually better for your body to drink the water at room temp or something like that.....I think the weather doesn't help...if it was hot and sunny I actually might fancy a glass of water....but today it is raining and chilly again lol....no gardening for me today.
I have been calling the yoga lady's number but she isn't getting back to me or answering her phone, I will try again today, it seems she is the only one in town that does it, I have a feeling its not what I am looking for as on the sign it says gentle relaxing yoga....so I have a feeling its just stretches...anyway I will see.
I agree with you on the carb police lol on the board....funny....that was a shame to read about the girl who doesn't need to lose weight, it sounds like a car crash waiting to happen.

Coppertop I have heard maintaining is the hardest part, I am not looking forward to it...did you do it like atkins said adding 5grams of carbs a week, or did you go back to regular eating....I keep thinking I will try adding 5grams of carbs a week....but will I really as I am craving chicken and rice lol.....your experience of maintaining could really help us ....is there a best way to maintain in your experience....

Well I didn't put my stats down last night....lol its because Susan wasn't here...and I am basically eating the same things everyday...I know my stats last night were basically the same as the night before....so I have decided if you guys do it I will do it but if you don't then I won't lol......
Old 04-25-2014, 01:05 AM   #772
Major LCF Poster!

By the way if any of you have time today go and check out Mary's journal....listed under Nanamary....she has put a link to some of the things she makes.....she has her own business....but oh my goodness they are beautiful....edible as well lol...go have a peek.
Old 04-25-2014, 03:52 AM   #773
Major LCF Poster!

The yoga lady called me back this morning and I start next Wednesday evening....she does three classes so I start in the beginners one....she does all the positions etc, it seems like she knows her stuff....so I am really excited about starting...I can't believe though that each class is an hour and a half, it sounds like such a long time......ok off to clean, having 2 big dogs makes my house really messy....
Hope everyone has a loss this morning.....

Last edited by Sandy1; 04-25-2014 at 03:53 AM..
Old 04-25-2014, 03:59 AM   #774
Senior LCF Member

Sandy, I'll try to explain about my gaining and losing pattern but bear with me as I don't write things as well as I talk in person. HaHa That drives my children crazy as they like to text and e-mail and I much prefer the phone.

I have yo-yo'd with my weight since my youngest daughter was born when I was 23 (I will be 65 in June) but my high weight was never over 155 or so. I am pretty short at 5'1. About 8 or 9 years ago, I found that I had ballooned to almost 180 so I decided to do low carb/atkins. I don't like to count anything so I just ate what I wanted from the list of foods allowed. Weight came off quickly and seemed to be pretty easy to stay around 140.

Then about 2 years ago several new people started working in my branch (bank) and they were junk and fast food eaters. It was hard as I seem to be easily influenced. It was a small office and there was food everywhere. The first topic of conversation each morning was "what's for lunch".

So, again, my weight shot up to over 170.
I retired 16 months ago and went back to eating mostly meat, eggs, cheese and cream and lots of butter. Most of the time I only eat two meals a day. I get up very early and go to bed early so I have breakfast and then my bigger meal is usually no later than 2 in the afternoon. I like to snack, though, so I try to stick to nuts and seeds but portion control is a problem. Weight came back down to the 140's and I was okay with that for my age.

In February I had blood work done and found that my thyroid was slightly elevated and that my cholesterol was extremely high. I refused to take a statin so my eating had to change. I have increased my carbs with lots of veggies, cut way down on red meats and cheese and limit the fats quite a bit. It has worked. My cholesterol came down 113 points and surprisingly, I have dropped more weight without really trying. So I guess now I am pretty much moderate on everything except fats and that's on the low side.
Old 04-25-2014, 04:13 AM   #775
Senior LCF Member

Up .2 today, did walk and drink water... Plan to stay on plan and do a walk today... 17yr old birthday party, but its at a restaurant so I can order salad with chicken.. I did eat cheese yesterday, usually it doesn't do a thing for me on the scale... I gave into the cheese craving...

Hope you see losses today...
Old 04-25-2014, 05:35 AM   #776
Major LCF Poster!

Julie....sorry to hear the scale is playing you up....Susan went through something like that and then lost four pounds....sometimes the scale isn't right....it could be anything like your fat cells filling with water....yep I can eat cheese as well and not gain, I normally have some with my lettuce and meat for dinner....it makes no sense at all, tomorrow is a new day....just keep at it woman and it will come off....mthrgoos is always stalling out and then gets a nice whoosh...so it will happen....I swear it does it just to unmotivated us.
It sounds like you have a plan with the birthday party, its cool that you have thought ahead.....isn't it typical that these occasions come up when the scale isn't moving just to make us feel more discouraged and easier to give in when there are carb laden tables in front of us......keep at it...you are doing so amazing....your losses a while ago were so good, maybe your body is just confused and trying to hang on to dear life onto the fat....but you will show it who's the boss....
Old 04-25-2014, 05:47 AM   #777
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for that coppertop...I love reading other people's story's....isn't it awful how people around us get us to eat like them, it makes everything so much harder....its a good job you retired so you could concentrate on you.
Brilliant that you got your cholesterol down by changing your diet, and it came down quite a lot, I do worry about things like that, the things I love most in the world is fruits..... salads with a small amount of meat and I adore nuts etc.....but I am still worried even with that I might put weight back on and then in the winter I love warming foods which I worry about as well.....but you seem to be able to maintain, its good to hear it is working for you and you improved your cholesterol as well.....I think that is the key as well, you mentioned moderation in everything....I love the fact that you dropped weight without even really trying....that is what I would like to happen to me lol.....
Old 04-25-2014, 05:53 AM   #778
Senior LCF Member

Sandy, great job on moving the scale down.....
Old 04-25-2014, 05:57 AM   #779
Major LCF Poster!

Yes and you to Jeanne whoop whoop.....onwards we go lol.
Old 04-25-2014, 05:58 AM   #780
Senior LCF Member

so today I am watching Youtube on how to curl my hair with a flat iron.... What are you doing???