April 4th 151.2
April 5th 151.2
April 6th 149.8
April 7th 149.8
April 8th 149.8
April 9th 148.2
April 10th 148.2

It was good I kept hold of the number so that was a phew moment lol,

Susan....You are now officially on the naughty step lol....it will all be ok, I think a treat here and there does us good.....next time you want a treat day tell me, we can have a bad day together lol, and that way we won't get discouraged by seeing the other persons scale go down without the other person....lol I know that sounds mad, but I love the fact that our weight is so similar it keeps this losing weight thing more interesting if you know what I mean, not competitive but in a good way, it keeps me more accountable lol.....we could have an organized treat day, maybe once a month or once every two weeks, or is that bad....anyway let me know when you have another off day and I will have one as well.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2014, 03:03 AM   #572
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Hey girl! I didn't plan my naughtiness, it just kinda happened. I'm back to behaving. Now I have to catch you again! That will keep me in line. I love the friendly competition going on among this group we have fortunately found!
In the future, if I feel an "urge" to jump over the cliff, I'll let you know and we can make the choice together.

Now, you are quite to accomplished person with all of your interests! When you DH goes back to work, you will rediscover some of your personal passions and explore your artsy side ! Don't over volunteer though! I did that at a historical site after I retired. I just wanted to help keep their gardens pretty and then they wanted me spend alot more time there than I preferred. So much so, that I couldn't keep my own yard nice. They (the managers) kind of put a guilt trip on the volunteers and made you feel guilty if you didn't volunteer for events, fund raising, act as tour guides, etc. I stopped volunteering, because of the pressure.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:04 AM   #573
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: jblanken
Stats: 248/184.7/120 5'6.5"
WOE: Atkins,LC,IF
Start Date: 2006-LC,restart 7/2014
up .2 today... I had 1 tsp of n'joy yesterday...
Not sure but it suspective....fish day for me today, maybe skip salad
as I had more than the regular amount yesterday...
Maybe a jog today...
jblanken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 04:48 AM   #574
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/149.4/140's
WOE: One day at a time
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Julie....that's not to bad...point 2 isn't anything really and it could have been excess water or anything...even that little n'joy, but its kind of good to reintroduce some things we miss now and again to see what it does to us....the fish is a good idea, as you are itching to see that scale move again lol.
Today we have beef so I wonder what that is going to do to me, I have been sticking with chicken for about four days now so I needed a change...I will find out in the morning I guess lol, I have gotten bored with fish so need to mix it up now and again.

Susan I have decided not to do any volunteering...I called them up yesterday, they wanted loads of references, a police check lol, I guess I understand they have to be careful, apparently it takes ages to get accepted, so I think I am just going to muddle along and see how bored I get.....my daughter on the mainland has just cut her work hours down to 18 a week, so she said she is going to come over on the hovercraft more often, so that was good news, and I will get to see the grandchildren more...thanks for your encouraging words....sending you hugs.....
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 05:12 AM   #575
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy1 View Post
I have gotten bored with fish so need to mix it up now and again.

I think I am just going to muddle along and see how bored I get.....my daughter on the mainland has just cut her work hours down to 18 a week, so she said she is going to come over on the hovercraft more often, so that was good news, and I will get to see the grandchildren more....
Sandy,
I understand about getting bored with food... I got this way yesterday...
I typically eat something until I get tired of it, then switch.

Do you have a hobby? Even though I am a few years away from retirement I think of what will I do...??

Its great to have family around. My side of the family is in MN and am visiting them first part of May. My husband's side is all here and they are great too...
Old 04-10-2014, 08:16 AM   #576
Major LCF Poster!

A lovely afternoon at the beach, full sun but temps in Fahrenheit was only 56, so now and again there was a slight chill in the air,, didn't see the ocean as the tide was out and it goes out for miles but anyway had a really good two hour walk, not that I have found walking makes the slightest bit of difference to any of this.

Julie...yes I got fed up with chicken lol, and seem to do the same thing, so many days of the same thing until I get fed up of it....today I am having more fat which is something I cut down on, so I am going to see what that does to me...the beef is in the crockpot and the juices look amazing but a bit fatty, anyway I am having some lovely fat on my beef.
You asked if I had hobbies, I used to have tons years ago, tole painting used to be my favourite, thankfully I kept all my brushes, but I think I have moved on from that....I tend to do that I guess, a few years doing one thing and then change to something else.....I read something the other day that said.....look back at things you have done and try and remember what it was you did that filled you with some kind of excitement....so I sat for ages thinking about it....and its slideshows....I totally lose myself totally for days if I have one to do, and my favourite out of all of them are the wedding one's, its like the outside world totally disappears lol....I had a website but let it die when dh retired, so I think I am going to get it back up and running again, I did do one for someone in January but that was the last one I did......oops sorry for that really long ramble lol....
You said you were a few years away from retirement ......I am finding out more and more about you Julie bit by bit, I guess about you most of the time lol....ok I am going to have a guess that you are about 42 lol, dark hair, shoulder length....ok I am nutty, it must be all that sea air.
So what hobbies are you interested in.... oh and what does MN stand for where your family are....do you think you will stay low carb while you are away.....
Old 04-10-2014, 09:19 AM   #577
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
..and its slideshows....I totally lose myself totally for days if I have one to do, and my favorite out of all of them are the wedding one's, its like the outside world totally disappears lol.....
Sandy
I think this is a gift, I do not know of many people that have the luxury of losing themselves in something they enjoy....

Go for it!!!

I think many people enjoy and even like what they do but not to the degree you describe...

Hoping for our loses tomorrow!!!
Old 04-10-2014, 10:35 AM   #578
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Julie...I tend to ramble on a bit don't I lol....I do in real life as well lol.

Todays Stats

Calories 650 roughly Carbs 0

I have a feeling my calories might be more as I had all the juice from the beef over my dinner, oh my gosh it was amazing, I felt like I needed the fat...anyway so I have plonked an extra 150 calories on my calories to make up for the fat, but it could be more.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #579
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: NanaMary
Stats: 167/142/135
WOE: Low Carb High Fat
Start Date: January 2014
Hi Sandy! That beef sounds wonderful...I think beef is my absolute favorite thing to eat, even more than bacon, sometimes more than chocolate! A good juicy ribeye..oh my so yummy. As far as the little "fat bombs" I make, they don't seem to be affecting anything as of yet. I had been doing them and stopped when my allergies kicked in so severely and I lost my appetite for anything for a few days, then I was away, so I started again on Monday. I only make two at a time so I don't eat a ton of them, which I would if I made more. I use two tablespoons of coconut oil, half a tablespoon of peanut butter, two teaspoons of cocoa powder, and a sweet n low. I warm it up in the microwave for a minute, stir well, and pour into my mini muffin pan. I sprinkle a little sea salt on top of each one and stick them in the freezer. They freeze up in like, five minutes. They're sooooooo good. Seriously.
I like reading about your hobbies! I paint too, I really enjoy it. This winter I took up oil pastels-messy but fun. I do all sorts of stuff...embroidery, crochet (not well), paper mache, etc. I guess I just like to make things with my hands. There's a certain satisfaction in it. The slide shows sound like fun, I'm not very good with technology (I can't even figure out how to add those cute little emoticons to my posts) so I'm sure that would be out of my league, but I bet your a whiz.
NanaMary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #580
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Julie...I tend to ramble on a bit don't I lol....I do in real life as well lol.
Sandy no problem... we all need to do this...

Good luck ladies on the scale tomorrow!!
Old 04-10-2014, 12:12 PM   #581
Major LCF Poster!

Mary wow, painting in oils, now that is impressive, I think tole painting is a cheating way of painting as you don't need to be an artist to do it lol....but real painting in oils that is an amazing talent to have....you are lucky as well in liking embroidery, I found out this year that I don't like it, for some reason it made me feel irritated, very weird, I can just about cope with knitting lol, but I have everything put away in a basket as I just kind of went off it....I am really looking forward to that sun shining more and painting in the garden, last year I got into painting stones, sounds weird I know, but it was amazing what you could turn them into....little houses...ladybugs, bumblebee's, etc etc....I started off painting them for this charity, so they could sell them, and they took off like a house on fire, but then we moved over to where we are living now, its fun thinking of different things to do isn't it.
By the way Mary when you write a post and normally hit 'post quick reply', next to it on the right you will see a tab that says go advanced, if you click on that it will take you to the emoticoms.....
Yes I might have a go at those lovely little chocolate things again, last time I made them it was like eating an English bounty bar, all lovely and chocolaty with a hint of coconut....I'm glad to read it didn't stall you, and I will be careful and just have a couple.
Old 04-10-2014, 03:29 PM   #582
Major LCF Poster!

0 carbs! I was going for that, but ate salad at dinner. 2.5 carbs for me! Much better than yesterday! It's nice that your daughter has reduced her work hours. You can spend more time with her and your grandchildren. You'll find plenty to do. And you are very artsy, fartsy as we say over here! I would love to visit your website when you get it going again. The slideshows sound amazing. When my daughter got married (8 years ago), I was able to make a CD of some of her pictures and choose the background music for it (for a fee, of course). The photographer was awesome and her website let you do so many wonderful things to preserve the memories. The CD makes me cry every time I watch it.
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 03:39 PM   #583
Major LCF Poster!

Susan but you were so low in carbs that is amazing...I am proud of you woman lol....ahhh I wish I had known you when your daughter got married I would have done it for nothing lol....you are right though with the emotion it brings, the last one I did of this couple getting married in January made them cry, it was lovely, I love it when people cry lol....any time you want one done or any of my lovely friends on here want one done, just let me know, of course for nothing cause I love you all..... just think how busy you could keep me lol....thank you for saying you would look at my website....you are lovely...I think I am going to keep you lol...

Last edited by Sandy1; 04-10-2014 at 03:40 PM..
Old 04-10-2014, 05:22 PM   #584
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Just stopped in to say Hi . Sounds like you have had a wonderful day. I had beef today too. Love your hobbies
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 01:57 AM   #585
Major LCF Poster!

April 1st 152.6
April 2nd 152.6
April 3rd 151.8
April 4th 151.2
April 5th 151.2
April 6th 149.8
April 7th 149.8
April 8th 149.8
April 9th 148.2
April 10th 148.2
April 11th 148.2

Ok Mr Scale you can move now......well I expected it, I seem to stay the same for three days and then move, so fingers crossed for tomorrow....but the sun is shining so I can't be miserable or sulk lol.
Last night was the first time that dh moaned about my dinner....I think lack of veg or salad is starting to bother him, he says he wants me to stop....yhea like that's going to happen lol....but it bothered me that it bothered him....if I could just get down to 142 then I could do meat salads and fruit to maintain.....but it seems to be taking ages to get there.....I have to remind myself over four pounds gone in April.....gotta keep going....
Old 04-11-2014, 02:59 AM   #586
Major LCF Poster!

It's a scale conspiracy! They communicate with each other on a secret scale site. They want to make all us weight loss monitors have disappointment every morning and then they silently laugh out loud at us as we disembark off of them Tee-hee-heeing for the rest of the day! Hi fiving their buddy scales saying stuff like "did you see the look on her face?" "Priceless!"

Nasty ole scales!
Old 04-11-2014, 03:12 AM   #587
Major LCF Poster!

Laughing....now I know why we get along so well ....we are both mad lol....that was really funny....
Old 04-11-2014, 03:23 AM   #588
Senior LCF Member

Well I'm trying a theory I've been thinking about for awhile on netcarbs.
Netcarbs do not work for me in the long haul. I lost steadily for a week
then my body gets used to the diet and then I stall and/or dread gain.
MtherGoos shared what she ate on the meatonly blog...
I've been searching for a cleaner way to eat...meaning no netcarbs
I have been trying to do this for some time and have started to go away
from net carbs ...
Also, I got hung up on some vitamins that stalled me...
They had some carbs I wasn't counting..

So for the next week I am changing to this...need simpler..etc
Breakfast - 4-6 pieces of bacon
Lunch - 2 eggs mashed up in a bowl with mustard, 2 tablespoons of mayo, and 1 tablespoon of MCT oil.
Snack - one ounce of extra sharp cheddar cheese.
Dinner is some type of meat. Usually ribeye, pork steak, chicken thighs, or ground beef.
Eating all the visible fat first, then if I'm still hungry I will eat some of the meat.

We all have to find our own path....Hope you lose today!

A'72 believer

Julie

Last edited by jblanken; 04-11-2014 at 03:24 AM..
Old 04-11-2014, 03:29 AM   #589
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Laughing....now I know why we get along so well ....we are both mad lol....that was really funny....
YES - we are MAD CRAZY WOMEN !!!! BA-HA-HA-HA-HA

Make that - MAD CRAZY SKINNY WOMEN RUNNING AROUND IN THE SUNSHINE CRAZY !!!!!!!! BA-HA-HA-HA-HA
Old 04-11-2014, 03:33 AM   #590
Major LCF Poster!

Julie that is exactly what I am doing at the moment...totally 0 carbs, I thought I would give it a shot I think I have been doing it now since April 8th, the first day on the 9th it gave me a nice whoosh but April 10th and 11th I have stayed the same....hoping for a whoosh tomorrow lol.....yes Mthrgoos has had amazing results doing this and she never gives in and never stops, she just keeps going....I think that is what my problem is, the same weight for 5 days drives me nutty, and in my head I think I am stalled, not that it happens that often.....anyway I think you will do really well on this....its this that is making my dh moan lol.....but its working which is the main thing.....
Old 04-11-2014, 03:35 AM   #591
Major LCF Poster!

Susan...yes in our skinny shorts lol......
Old 04-11-2014, 03:37 AM   #592
Major LCF Poster!

Julie....I think that meal plan looks great, mine is about the same only I can't eat breakfast so I have 2 boiled eggs for lunch....meat for dinner, nothing else....and honestly I am stuffed, not one bit of hunger at all....
Old 04-11-2014, 04:06 AM   #593
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
..I think that is what my problem is, the same weight for 5 days drives me nutty, and in my head I think I am stalled, not that it happens that often.....anyway I think you will do really well on this....its this that is making my dh moan lol.....but its working which is the main thing.....
Sandy, thanks for this... I just lose it on a stall and or slight gain... I have to redirect myself somehow... I have to figure this out... If you find something that works, let me know..

Sorry about your dh moaning....not sure how to help you there, my dh is basically doing the same as I but he loves popcorn in the evening and isn't ready to give that up... sometimes I have to leave the room because of the smell... My teenagers are full carb, but it doesn't bother me they cook for themselves...
Old 04-11-2014, 04:17 AM   #594
Major LCF Poster!

Julie...I find this helps me.....

April 1st 152.6
April 2nd 152.6
April 3rd 151.8
April 4th 151.2
April 5th 151.2
April 6th 149.8
April 7th 149.8
April 8th 149.8
April 9th 148.2
April 10th 148.2
April 11th 148.2

Just so I can see what I have lost, how many days I stall out...a lot of times I can see a pattern like keeping the same weight for three days which is what I seem to be doing, but then it goes down (hopefully)....I continually keep researching and reading and reading, I think it just keeps me motivated....I haven't learned anything new in a while though lol.
Oh the smell of popcorn, good for you leaving the room, a few nights ago dh had some chips and even though I was in the next room on my laptop I could hear him crunching them lol....I closed the door in the end....he hasn't brought any since lol, but cooking his dinners sometimes kills me especially when its things I love, I only think I am getting my willpower from all of you on here to be honest....just knowing I am accountable.....weird but anyway its working lol.....and there I go again rambling on lol.

The one good thing I have noticed about 0 carbs is there are no gains....so if you do 0 carbs you might stay the same for a while but so far I have seen no gains at all.....wonderful...

Last edited by Sandy1; 04-11-2014 at 04:19 AM..
Old 04-11-2014, 04:26 AM   #595
Major LCF Poster!

Julie...be excited today as now you have a new plan, and it works, I feel excited for you lol, tomorrow you will have a whoosh I promise, I think I am carb sensitive as well....this is do able with no hunger....you are going to do great, just get through today and tomorrow you will see a drop....its a whole learning thing seeing what our bodies are doing, but its amazing when we find the right plan and see it come off bit by bit.....I think this is definitely the plan for you......
Old 04-11-2014, 05:36 AM   #596
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
tomorrow you will have a whoosh I promise......
I know I'm crazy, every 2 months I'm between TOM and PMS...what the?
Just love being a woman eh?
Lets all woosh together....yahoo....
Old 04-11-2014, 06:01 AM   #597
Major LCF Poster!

That tom thing will get you every time, I have read so many posts where I see people stalling because of it.....so glad I am done with it all now lol, but maybe eating like this will sort that out....no gains anyway, but maybe staying the same weight for a while until you lose that excess water everyone talks about....its going to be interesting seeing how this helps you....a new journey.

The sun is still shining so I am going out, all that lovely vit d lol.....
Old 04-11-2014, 09:07 AM   #598
Major LCF Poster!

An amazing day at the beach today, got there a bit late to see the water though as it was out for miles again.....I stole a plant today lol, every April all the old walls are covered in these tiny blue flowers, I have no idea what they are but everything just looks so pretty, so the tea room we stop at for coffee has this wall and it is just covered....so on the way out I pulled a bit off lol.....yes I am a thief now.....last year I stole some seeds off a plant that was down by the seafront just on communal grounds, it was an honestly plant which you never see at the garden centers over here, so I snagged some seeds and planted them last week and now they are all about two inches high.....its funny as its called an honestly plant and I stole the seeds....definitely not very honest am I lol.....
Old 04-11-2014, 01:42 PM   #599
Major LCF Poster!

Todays Stats

Calories 650 roughly Carbs 0

I ate the same as yesterday with beef for dinner...lots of fat in the juice...I wonder if all that fat will stall me out as I have no idea of calories really....I guess I will find out in the morning.
I have a bet going with dh at the moment...he is not happy with the way I am eating, I can see it is just making him worry, poor man lol....so he has said if I don't lose any weight in the morning he wants me to take the weekend off and eat salads and fruit....I agreed...crazy woman that I am lol....so now I am worried lol.....please let the scales give me a loss in the morning.

Last edited by Sandy1; 04-11-2014 at 01:44 PM..
Old 04-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #600
Senior LCF Member

stats
cal 863 fat 65.8 carb 3.8 prot 62.4

Have a nice evening

Beach sounds like a great idea...