Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2014, 10:22 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: qurlybee
Stats: s10/s8/s4
The Ketogenic Primalist - My Journal

I am starting this up to hold myself accountable to eating grass-fed, GMO-free, organic, and unprocessed meats, veggies, and dairy while maintaining a VLC WOE. I think they are the best of both worlds for me as primal gives me lots of energy and a clear mind, and VLC keeps me trim and on a downward slope for weight loss.

Eventually I will add in more carbs at maintenance (when I will definitely be adding in some wine!), but for now have decided to stick to no more than 10 carbs per day.

Will be posting daily weigh-ins and menus, with the hope of reaching goal by the end of March!

My journal: 60 Days to Goal!
qurlybee is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2014, 10:30 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

Tomorrow's menu idea -

B: IF with lots of water and a bit of ACV (I always like to start a new plan this way)
L: Chuck roast and cauliflower rice with butter
D: Chicken meatballs and broccoli with butter

53% fat | 43% protein | 4% carb
Old 02-02-2014, 10:39 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: way too much/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
I am starting this up to hold myself accountable to eating grass-fed, GMO-free, organic, and unprocessed meats
Just jumping in here (hope you don't mind). I would ideally love to do this as well. I just think it's nearly impossible without the right local sources.
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmarsha View Post
Just jumping in here (hope you don't mind). I would ideally love to do this as well. I just think it's nearly impossible without the right local sources.
Don't mind at all! I actually get my food from a local grocery delivery that only works with farms that meet those expectations so I am very, very fortunate. I will have to figure out what to do when I end up moving away this summer, but I am hoping to have good luck at farmer's markets/natural food stores in my new location.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:01 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: way too much/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by qurlybee View Post
Don't mind at all! I actually get my food from a local grocery delivery that only works with farms that meet those expectations so I am very, very fortunate
Yes, that is lucky. Where I'm from originally (PA), it is loaded with farmer's markets. Not where I am now, tho.

My local store does have local produce, tho, from time to time. I will have to make inquiry on other things. If they feel they have enough interest, they may make a better effort to increase availability.

With all the talk about non-GMO, they really don't make it easy.
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 12:01 PM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madmarsha View Post
Yes, that is lucky. Where I'm from originally (PA), it is loaded with farmer's markets. Not where I am now, tho.

My local store does have local produce, tho, from time to time. I will have to make inquiry on other things. If they feel they have enough interest, they may make a better effort to increase availability.

With all the talk about non-GMO, they really don't make it easy.
Yeah, trying to prove there is a substantial market for them to make a change is always an arduous task, but well worth it. I hope you are able to find something!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Lots of crazy bodily things happened yesterday, and I didn't start right away with my plan.
I am at home today, healing, taking it easy, and fasting.

I am anticipating tomorrow's menu will be:
B: 4 flax crackers with cream cheese and tea
L: Chuck roast and cauliflower rice with butter
D: Chicken meatballs and broccoli with butter
Old 02-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Today's weigh-in: 138.2

I am following the anticipated plan so far, although I wish I had made my flax crackers a little crispier. I do like them, though, and will play around with the recipe as needed.
I definitely like how much fiber they provide, and that it's working. I can stand to be more regular.
My body feels really good after yesterday's fast, and I am looking forward to it getting better and better as the week's progress. I'm most looking forward to being less foggy-headed, which tends to happen after about a week for me.
Old 02-06-2014, 06:11 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

Today's weigh-in: 138.4

And I think the gain has to do with the flax crackers. Somehow my tracker calculated it as having almost 0 carbs, when it really had 4 per 2 tbsp, and I was eating twice that.
It's not a huge gain, so I'm not worried, and I think the fact that I significantly increased my fiber without also increasing my water might have something to do with it as well. I went from 0 carb/0 fiber to getting a whole day's worth just at breakfast in one day.

I'm not having crackers today because I am going to try to make a new batch that is more like crackers and less like the thin biscuit-like things I ate yesterday. Plus, I want to regulate exactly how many I eat to keep a close eye on carbs and fiber since I want to stay at 10 total carbs.

B: Cheesecake "pudding" - 1 Tb cream cheese, 1 Tb butter, sprinkle of stevia
L: Chicken meatballs, cauliflower rice, broccoli, and butter
D: Undecided since I will be visiting a friends' house for dinner. I will probably do a 0 carb dinner just to be safe.

Last edited by qurlybee; 02-06-2014 at 06:14 AM..
Old 02-07-2014, 08:35 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Woke up too late to weigh this morning, but I made a LOT of bad choices at dinner last night.
I will now ensure that I am always prepared with food wherever I go from this point on.
I am totally unprepared for today since I was out so late, but have had some coffee with cream and stevia.
I have a feeling I won't be eating much today as I overate so late last night, and I'm sure it will take a while for me to get hungry again.
I am thinking of trying out IF as well, and will play around with eating windows this weekend.
Old 02-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Totally fell off track with trying some natural sweeteners and am going back to meat and egg until I get back to my pre-primal weight of 138.2.
I need to hold myself accountable to post a lot more frequently here to keep myself on track a little better.
Old 02-22-2014, 07:33 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Weight: 140.4
I just made Kent Altena's LC vanilla ice cream. Sooooo good and rich!
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 packet of Wholesome Sweeteners Organic Stevia

All shaken up in a plastic bag over top of ice and salt. It took me about 5 minutes of shaking to get it to turn into ice cream. Next time I will go one more minute to get it exactly how I like.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:35 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Abandoned this little space but will be back at it soon.
I am going to do a 30-day very bare bones keto primal plan starting tomorrow: meat, eggs, dairy, and the occasional fat bomb using coconut oil.
I am going to consume only water and tea (I have a feeling that carbonated water is causing some bloating, so I'm going to give up my beloved Perrier and add it back in after to see).
At some point, I am going to add in one of the Primal Blueprint supplements, but that probably won't be for another week or two.
After the 30 days, I will introduce new foods (mainly vegetables and MAYBE fruit) one at a time to see how my body reacts.
I think I am officially done with nuts at this point, though.

Last edited by qurlybee; 03-18-2014 at 08:37 PM..
Old 03-19-2014, 05:31 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Day 1: I had to start today away from home, so I wasn't as prepared as I would have liked to have been, but I made it work with as much as I could. I'm definitely missing the full feeling I used to get from artificial sweeteners.

Breakfast: 3-egg chicken and cheese omelet
Lunch: Slept (was exhausted!)
Dinner: Cheeseburgers with mustard and mayo
Snack: 1 oz cream cheese

It is my goal to get in at least one high-fat/moderate-protein entree, two high-fat low-carb snacks, and one fat bomb per day over the next 30 days.