Stats: 215/183/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
WEEK 7 DONE!!!

started at 197.8lbs on January 18 2014
Week 1 loss (Atkins induction) 5.6
Week 2 loss (Atkins induction) 1.8
Week 3 gain (no longer true induction, 20-30 grams of carbs a day) gain 1.2
Week 4 no loss (20-30 grams of carbs a day)
Week 5 loss (20-40 grams of carbs, 27.3 grams week average) 4.4
Week 6 gain (20-45 grams of carbs) gain 1.6
Week 7 loss (counting macros) loss 2.2
total loss 7 weeks = 11.2 lbs!! in the double digits YEA!

measurements~
bust starting 43.5" today 41.5" (same as last week)
waist starting 37" today 34.5" (same as last week)
upper thigh starting 26.25" today 26" (same as last week)

my accomplishments and observations this week~

-I realized that now when I eat chocolate, cake and burgers (all LC) I don't at all feel guilty, I haven't felt guilty and like a failure for 7 weeks and it is amazing! As long as the food is "legal" and I am eating the right amounts I feel good and free!
-I had my first small portion of fruit, 1/4 cup blueberries, felt fine
-feel extra hungry on hard workout day and a couple of TOM days
-hunger and cravings still mostly under control
-able to eat dinner and not need more till next morning on most evenings (since the beginning of diet)
-used xylitol, stevia and Truvia as only sweetener, sparingly
-TOM this week and felt horrible but it didn't derail me and I still went to one strollersize class
-no cheats, bites or licks of anything off plan
-did not feel food was controlling me
-felt in control most of the time
-wrote everything down in my hand written journal
-feeling a bit stronger when I go to strollersize
-tracked my macro's on most days
-was able to keep my carb levels low and my protein levels moderate

improvements and mini goals for next week~

-try to not overindulge on "legal" treats
-try and go to strollersize three times if possible, walk on treadmill one to two days
-try and maintain more consistant macro's to see what is working, I had a hungry week, probably due to TOM so I ate a lot this week. I will eat till I am comfortable, not hungry, not stuffed and see if I continue to lose

WEEK 7 SUMMARY~
Sat. 188.8lbs. carbs-unknown activity-none (traveling)
Sun. unknown carbs-unknown activity- none (traveling)
Mon. TOM unknown carbs-unknown activity -none (traveling)
Tues. TOM 188.8 lbs. 2604 cal./31gcarbs/215gfats/102g protein activity -housework
Wed. TOM 187.2 lbs. 1618 cal./28g carbs/104g fats/106g protein activity-housework
Thurs. TOM187.2 lbs. 1926 cal./23 carbs/139g fats/103g protein activity-housework
Fri. TOM 185.8 lbs. 2227 cal./35 carbs/172 fats/121.5g protein activity-1 hour strollersize
Saturday morning weight- 186.6 LOSS 2.2lbs

Last edited by wish; 03-08-2014 at 07:46 PM..
wish is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-08-2014, 07:50 PM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
thanks friends!

I feel motivated, vivacious and like I CAN REALLY DO THIS!!!
Old 03-08-2014, 08:23 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

k I think I found the answer to my earlier question, "how is being in a state of ketosis an advantage to the person looking to lose weight over just reducing calories?"

from Mark's daily apple~

Keep your carbs low enough long enough and you get into ketosis, a fat-burning state that creates what many now refer to as the “metabolic advantage.” In this context, fats are fueling most of the body’s energy demands either directly as fatty acids or as the fat-metabolism byproducts called ketones. To the delight of those looking to burn off unwanted fat, it gets better. The body balances the acidic effect of any excess ketones by either excreting them in the urine (in today’s $5 a gallon economy, isn’t that wasting fuel?) and by using ketones and fatty acids to create a bit more glucose for the brain via gluconeogenesis in a fairly “energy inefficient” process.
Old 03-10-2014, 06:53 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Larissima
Stats: Waist: 110/100/75cm, 5'10"
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 21 Jan 2014
Well done! You're doing great!
Larissima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:08 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

thanks Larrissima!

HAPPY MONDAY

Day 52!! 186lbs

I wasn't able to sign in yesterday, it was a crazy day, I had company over and had to do some shopping, cleaning and cooking. My journaling wasn't perfect, I wrote everything down but I didn't have time to add it up. It didn't really matter to me because I know I was eating perfectly. My dear friend brought a beautiful dessert ,I just stuck with my decalf coffee with whipping cream. When they left and the kids went to bed, I made myself some LC chocolate and savored every bite.

I went to my strollersize class today, it still almost kills me. I would like to go two more times this week, we will see how much I hurt on Wednesday!

I pulled out a tight workout tank from my closet and decided to give it a try this morning, last time I tried it I was muffining out on all sides pretty bad but today NO MUFFIN! My husband asked, "are you sucking in?" and I responded, "NO"(with great delight). I wore my shirt with comfort and victory! Those pounds on the scale matter for sure but seeing your clothes fit better is the best!

My birthday is coming up on March 16 and since everything is going well in my life at this time, I would like my birthday wish to be to stick to this way of living, get healthy and see consistant weight loss. I would like to get to goal by the end of the year if not sooner. Maybe I shouldn't have shared that? I don't know.

In other news, my parents have started a low carb diet today. Sounds like they are eating between 50-100g carbs, so nothing super drastic but I am happy they are giving it a try and I pray that they will see great results and this will become a family affair!!
Old 03-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #126
Senior LCF Member

reminding myself of my goals~

I have achieved my first goal of 187lbs. My second goal is to reach 180lbs by mid April or earlier.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:41 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Day 53! 187.6lb

HAPPY TUESDAY
Old 03-12-2014, 08:59 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattmich6
Stats: 222/211/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Congrats Wish!!! You are doing awesome. My husband's birthday is also March 16:-)

Have a happy birthday:-)

Melissa
mattmich6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 11:58 AM   #129
Senior LCF Member

thanks Melissa! I am feeling better each day!

Day 54!! 186lbs

Proud of myself for going to strollersize for the second time this week, even though my abs were sore. I am wondering if maybe I should have a carb snack before my workout to improve my performance, like maybe 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup blueberries with whip cream? I think I may try that on Friday or when I go next. There are a couple of times when I feel light headed, I am pushing myself very hard and the workout is high intensity, I may have to shoot this question to the NK people. Also, on my workout day I feel extra fatigued.

I am feeling fatigued pretty much every day and I don't know if it is due to the workout or diet or both. Am I doing something wrong? or is this what my body needs to go through to adjust? not sure what is going on but I have read it time and time again that one of the signs that one is keto adapted is high energy, the other one is no hunger. I know it takes time to become keto adapted and you can never get out of ketosis, I have been doing this diet strictly for nearly 8 weeks and I don't have either high energy or no hunger. I used to get hungry right after eating or shortly after eating due to my insulin resistance, I don't have that type of hunger anymore. It is just that I still feel I need to eat every 3-4 hours or I feel hungry.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
Hello! Looks like you are doing well. I've been dealing with disaster--broken pipe and flooded kitchen--but still alive!

Good for you on the strollersize. So clever of someone to come up with that!
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 02:33 PM   #131
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: verbqueen
Stats: 224/163
WOE: LC/HF, for now
P.S. Could the hunger/fatigue be related to the change of season/time change? I always have a VERY slow adaptation to "springing forward."
verbqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 09:29 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

hi verbqueen, welcome back! I am sorry to hear about your broken pipe, that would just be horrible to deal with.

Yes it could be the time change but in my case it could also be because my body is DONE with winter and not getting sun (I just realised this). I have been trying to supplement with vitamin D but I don't know if it is enough or if it is getting absorbed properly. There could be many different reasons, I guess I will just have to continue to try things out. The sun is coming out more and the snow is melting, it is just difficult to go walking outside with the stroller, we have huge muddy puddles, ice patches and slush (why do I live here again?).

Last edited by wish; 03-13-2014 at 09:34 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 09:52 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Day 55! 188lbs (wow that was hard to type, I didn't think I would be back here again) My birthday is on Sunday, could I please get a 185?

My weight gain must be due to water weight from sore muscles, at least that is what I will tell myself. I did feel more bloated this morning and not sure why, I will try and drink more water today.

I made an egg and bacon muffin sandwich for breakfast. I still need to find a good muffin recipe, the one I had was so dry it could choke a horse. But it was nice to have that for a change.

When I asked the NK people what I should do for low energy, a couple of people suggested going 20 or less grams of carbs. I have decided that if I want to stick to this long term, I am going to have to be somewhat flexible, sometimes it will be less than 20 and sometimes as high as 45 but as long as I stick with it that is all that matters. I just don't want to EVER binge on carbs and have a day of carbs into the hundreds. I hope my energy problem will be solved once I get out into the sun more, I believe this is a problem for me every year, I just tend to forget.

Last edited by wish; 03-13-2014 at 09:55 AM..
Old 03-13-2014, 01:33 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Are you taking D3, not D2? Any other supplements like multivits, and especially minerals? Look into Magnesium, Iron, Ubiquinol (more potent form of CoQ10), maybe Alpha Lipoic Acid - all can boost energy, but please DYOR, as some may not be suitable for you!

Oh, and I'm sure a whoosh down is on its way!
Old 03-14-2014, 12:10 PM   #135
Senior LCF Member

I take D3, should I be taking D2 as well?? thanks I will have a look into those other supplements, I take magnesium when I remember before bed, I tried take Alpha lipoic acid but it is hard to remember to take because it is like a certain amount of time before food a couple times a day or something.
Old 03-14-2014, 12:16 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/211/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Hey Wish! Sorry you're feeling drowsy, that sucks. The time change has thrown me for a loop, so I'm hoping I'll get adjusted to it soon. Have an awesome Friday!!
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 12:32 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Day 56!! 185.2 lbs (PLEASE STICK)

I am so proud of myself, went to strollersize again today for a total of three times this week which was my goal for this week. My other goal was to try and walk on the treadmill on inclines twice this week but I haven't done that. The 3 strollersize classes was a great accomplishment! I think I am gaining strength too!

Regarding the energy problem. I found a good post on the NK side reminding us about salt and mineral intake, I have to say my salt intake isn't great. I don't salt my food all that much and I don't think of drinking broth/boullion daily. So today I started drinking the boullion before my workout and I had half of an avocado and I will try and remember the magnesium before bed. I felt good during my workout.

Yesterday I made the most delicious almond and raspberry muffins, my kids ate a few of them, I had way too many. Here is the recipe~

2 cups almond flour (or grind some almonds in a coffee grinder)
1 cup whipping cream
2 eggs lightly whisked
1/8 cup melted butter
sweetener of choice (I used 1 tbsp of stevia, there was an aftertaste but it didn't bother me)
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp orange extract (or extract of choice)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
36 raspberries

-preheat oven 350
-mix flour and cream
-add eggs, mix
-add butter, sweetener,baking soda, extracts, salt and mix
-spoon into 24 greased muffin tins, push in 3 raspberries per muffin
-bake 20 min.
they taste better the next day or when cool, if you can wait!
approx info- 212 calories, 19g fat, 5.4g protein, 3g net carbs

You can make so many variations with this recipe...experiment with extracts, different fruit like blueberries or add chocolate nibs, cocoa powder. I am going to try something new today.

So today is my last day of week 8, wow two months of this and I still feel 100% committed!! This dieting experience hasn't been nearly as painful as my previous attempts on other diets, I love the way I eat. I just hope I continue losing, slow weight loss is fine! My birthday is on Sunday and I am going to make a LC pound cake with frosting!!

Last edited by wish; 03-14-2014 at 12:46 PM..
Old 03-14-2014, 12:53 PM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Congrats! It looks like you're doing great!

Those muffins sound amazing. I usually make chocolate ones, but I'm bored with them! I think I will definitely try the raspberry ones this weekend; thanks for sharing.
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #139
Senior LCF Member

thanks Br3n, they really are good! I am excited about experimenting some more with this recipe. One of the things I enjoy about this way of eating is that I can try a whole new way of cooking, I like to cook so it is fun to see what I can come up with and the new challenge of making something LC and taste good. My mom has started to cook LC too and she is trying out new things and lets me know what works and what doesn't.

btw, I like your quote, it is so true...keep your eye on the prize!

Last edited by wish; 03-14-2014 at 02:03 PM..
Old 03-15-2014, 09:20 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

WEEK 8 DONE!!!

First off, I am proud of myself for finishing 8 weeks and being so committed. I have many improvements to make but I have to remember that I am making good progress and it is a learning process.

I am feeling a bit disappointed in myself and embarrassed to share my numbers. I was hungry last week and had low energy. I ate too much. I may have overexerted myself with the three days of exercise, I don't know. I experienced a lot of muscle soreness and fatigue. Perhaps it is time to go back to the basics and due a few days of induction? I think I may try that from Monday to Friday. I am going to try and not eat nuts on those days. I know that for me the weight loss has been up and down every week but slowly trending down, I don't want to do anything too drastic but I definitely want to see a good loss next week.

It is also worth mentioning that I am noticing a slightly rounder derriere, my husband has noticed it too! My butt was super flat and wide, I think probably my worst feature, there was no muscle in there! After a few weeks of lunges and squates the muscle is growing in there. I have to remember that this is super important and a success in of itself!! It is so hard to know how much weight gain is a result of muscle being built. We get so hung up on the scale numbers but there may be other good changes going on that we can't see, yet. My derriere is changing but the change isn't from night to day so sometimes I don't see it or I don't remember exactly what it used to look like. I am sure there is a change, it is small but a success none the less!

started at 197.8lbs on January 18 2014
Week 1 loss (Atkins induction) 5.6
Week 2 loss (Atkins induction) 1.8
Week 3 gain (no longer true induction, 20-30 grams of carbs a day) gain 1.2
Week 4 no loss (20-30 grams of carbs a day)
Week 5 loss (20-40 grams of carbs, 27.3 grams week average) 4.4
Week 6 gain (20-45 grams of carbs) gain 1.6
Week 7 loss (counting macros) loss 2.2
Week 8 gain (counting macros) gain 1
total loss 8 weeks = 10.2 lbs!!

measurements~
bust starting 43.5" today 41.5" (same as last week)
waist starting 37" today 34.5" (same as last week)
upper thigh starting 26.25" today 26" (same as last week)

my accomplishments and observations this week~

-this week I felt more lethargic and hungry, as a result i ate more, still not certain why
-clothes fitting better, I am able to fit into most of what is in my wardrobe
-went to strollersize (1 hour weights and HIIT training) three X this week
-no cheats, bites or licks of anything off plan
-did not feel food was controlling me
-felt in control most of the time
-wrote everything down in my hand written journal
-feeling a bit stronger when I go to strollersize
-tracked my macro's on most days

improvements and mini goals for next week~

-decrease calories
-drink more water
-try and drink boullion daily
-try to not overindulge on "legal" treats
-try and go to strollersize three times if possible, walk on treadmill one to two days if possible
-try and maintain more consistant macro's to see what is working
-do "induction" from Monday to Friday, no nuts except for pizza crust Friday night (something to look forward to)

WEEK 8 SUMMARY~
Sat. 186.6lbs. 2015 cal./44g carbs/148.8g fats/90.6g protein activity- housework
Sun. unknown carbs-unknown activity- housework
Mon. 186 lbs. 1870/40.4g carbs/111.5g fats/122.5g protein activity- 1 hour strollersize
Tues. 187.6 lbs. 2490 cal./29gcarbs/183gfats/144g protein activity -housework
Wed. 186 lbs. 2295 cal./34g carbs/143.1g fats/121g protein activity-1 hour strollersize
Thurs. 188 lbs. 2250 cal./37.5 carbs/173g fats/106.6g protein activity-housework
Fri. 185.2 lbs. 2695 cal./40.8 carbs/200.5 fats/109.4g protein activity-1 hour strollersize
Saturday morning weight- 187.6 GAIN 1 lb

Last edited by wish; 03-15-2014 at 09:34 AM..
Old 03-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #141
Senior LCF Member

Day 58! 186.2 lb

TO ME! I turn 38 today. I am happy to be given the chance to live another year! life is good! My hope for my 38th year is to live life to the fullest and waste as little time as possible. I would like to get myself to goal this year, I would like to enjoy my body and get healthier, get my confidence back. I want to have a stronger fitter body and be able to enjoy clothes/shoes again.

Well I didn't get a 185 today but I did measure my waist and see 33" on the tape measure!! My thighs also went down by a bit, they are into the 25". I just decided to measure because I woke up feeling smaller. I decided to try on a dress that was so tight on me before that I was almost bursting out of it. Well this dress is now just about perfect on me, it would be more comfortable if i lost 1/2 to 1" in the chest but I could get away with wearing it. I am sure that in another 2-4 weeks it will be perfect. I am so happy that my once tight dress fits me. I pulled out my next smallest dress I own, I actually bought it and never wore it, it became my dream dress, I have had it for many years. I can't zip it up yet, maybe this summer?

In my week 8 summary I wrote that my measurements have not changed, for some reason they are different this morning.

In other news, today I baked a LC pound cake. We will be trying it out after dinner tonight and I will let you know tomorrow how it tastes. Maybe I can get a picture of it and share, I am excited about trying it!

Last edited by wish; 03-16-2014 at 02:20 PM..
Old 03-17-2014, 04:15 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Happy birthday (belated)!!! And congratulations on your fat loss and tightening body! Also, yes please, cake pics (and recipe)
Old 03-17-2014, 10:55 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
(belated!)

Congrats on your progress so far, that is wonderful!
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 11:40 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Day 59! 187.0lb ( back here again)

Just came back from strollersize. All I had for breakfast before my workout was one whole avocado and a cup of salty broth, it was enough to get me through my workout just fine. For lunch I had a burger patty with a slice of cheese and a slice of bacon, a little homemade bbq sauce on it and a handful of mixed greens with dressing

I decided I am going to have to break my no nuts rule this week because we have lots of cake left from last night and IT IS SOOO GOOD! OMG! I will share the recipe with you and try and post pictures.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:04 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

I CAN"T BELIEVE THIS CAKE IS SO GOOD POUND CAKE RECIPE
IMG_1272.jpg

IMG_1273.jpg

3/4 cup almond flour (I grind my own with a coffee grinder)
3/4 cup coconut flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup butter, softened
4oz creamcheese
3/4 cup sweetener of choice (I used Xylitol)
5 eggs
1tsp lemon extract
1 tsp vanilla extract

Cream together butter and creamcheese, add sweetener, add one egg in at a time and then the extracts.

In a seperate bowl, mix together dry ingredients, then add these into wet ingredients and mix. Pour into greased pan, I think 8"/9" will do (I used a heart shape). Bake 350 degrees for 40 min.

8 servings- per serving-249 cal./23.7g fat/7.3g protein/3.2g total carbs (1.5g fiber)= 1.7 net carbs
(this is an estimate)
Frosting~

note- my frosting did not come out thick, I am not sure if I didn't allow the mixture to cool enough, we were in a rush to eat the cake so I had the mixture in the fridge for 1 hour and in the freezer for 10min. by which point it was a gel like consistency and I decided to use it. I am going to try other frosting recipe's, there are so many. This frosting did taste great and by the next day it had cooled to a very nice frosting.

1/2 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sweetener of choice (I used Xylitol)

put these into pot and boil enough to melt everything and dissolve sweetener, remove from heat, pour into a metal bowl and mix in these ingredients-

1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 tsp xanthan gum

put the metal bowl into the fridge for 1-2 hours or until it is thick like pudding, then put into a mixer with 1 oz of creamcheese and beat until thick

10 servings- per serving- 129cal./14.2g fat/.6g protein/.4g total carbs (0g fiber)=.4g net carbs
(this is an estimate)
Old 03-17-2014, 12:23 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

oh and thanks for the birthday wishes! Hope you like this cake if you choose to make it! We all did and nobody missed the flour and real sugar!
Old 03-18-2014, 03:25 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

That cake looks so yummy and delicious! I think I can try it for Easter with the family... Thanks for the recipe!
Old 03-18-2014, 04:26 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SpikersMom
Stats: 180/159/140
WOE: Atkins and primal
Start Date: restart in November 2013
Morning Wish! I've been reading your journal. You're doing great! I love your recipes and I'm going to try one of these desserts this weekend. Happy late birthday and have a good week!
SpikersMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 05:03 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/211/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Happy belated birthday, Wish! That cake looks fantastic!
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:39 AM   #150
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattmich6
Stats: 222/211/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Yumm!!!!!
mattmich6 is offline   Reply With Quote