LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 03:26 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: renogeorge
Stats: 260/247/200
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 03/17/14
George's Journal

Hi, my name is George. I've decided to keep a journal to help make myself accountable for achieving my objectives for my weight and general health. I am 46 years old, 6'1", 255 lbs., and am living a sedentary lifestyle. In the spring and summer I play golf, and that is the extent of my exercise. My objective is to get myself out of this funk that I allowed myself to settle into and move towards a healthier and more active life. My goal is to have my weight under 190 lbs. and to develop a more athletic body. If that means weighing more to achieve that, that will be okay with me.

I have had success with the low carb lifestyle in the past. I had seen my weight drop from 286 lbs. to 225 lbs. in a matter of three months. The reason why I stopped was because I developed kidney stones from uric acid. Since then, I have been very careful to make sure that I keep my water intake up along with using lemon juice with my water. This has been a good strategy for me considering I haven't had a kidney stone in over seven years.

The problem that I am having is that I like to take breaks from eating right. I will go a couple days a week and it will counteract all the benefits I make when I am being good. What I need to do is stick to the diet and see it through.

Exercise is something that I need to start doing. I have had a gym membership that I have been dutifully paying for the last two years. I have only seen the inside of that gym less than 20 times in the last two years. I would like to change that.

My plan is to get myself back on track. I just finished a month long break from my moderate low carb way of eating and I am afraid to go through the carb flu again. I know that I have to keep my carb intake under 30 to make things work. Along with using the gym for exercise, I know I can make something happen. I know that my body isn't going to give up the weight as easily as it did back when I lost 61 lbs. in three months. So I have to be a little more strict with myself and not take the weekly breaks from the plan.

This journal will be my way of helping me keep my commitment to seeing my health and athletic level return to me. Commitment! That is the key to seeing this through. Thank you for reading and I hope this will help you all learn from my experience.

George

Last edited by renogeorge; 01-24-2014 at 03:33 AM..
renogeorge is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-25-2014, 04:57 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

I stumbled out of the gate. I jumped on the scale and saw that I weighed 260lbs. Last night, I decided to eat a large portion of Dreamfield's Pasta with Alfredo sauce, extra virgin olive oil, parmesan cheese, oregano, and sliced Hebrew National hot dogs. I over did it! In the morning, I decided on eating chicken wings from the corner pizza parlor. These wings were completely legal in terms of low carb count. The problem was that I was feeling really hungry and ordered too many wings. When I was eating them, I was feeling satisfied about 3/4 of the way through. Instead of putting down the chicken wings, I continued to finish them off.

Enough with the pity party. I know that I messed up and I have to move forward from here. I think the best way to approach my eating in the morning will be to make a pan of eggs. I can do this. I have had this belief in my mind that I don't really desire eggs anymore, but I know that I can get myself back on them and continue going in the right direction. In the afternoon, I can make some ground beef steak and feel satisfied with that. Right now, dinner is a mystery. I realize that I need to make better plans in terms of what I am going to eat for my meals. I have too much leeway in what I want to do. So, for the future, I need to get a plan and follow through with it. I need to "eat to live, not live to eat."

I know I am sounding all over the place in this journal entry because I am really struggling in my mind about how I am going to make things work. I have been down this road a long time and I am fearful of not making this work. Tomorrow is a new day and I can make this work. Wish me luck! Thanks for reading.

George
Old 01-26-2014, 12:20 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Today, I failed to do what I set out to do. I am making bad choices in what I eat. This morning, I decided to go out to eat at Jimmy Johns and order the #1 sub sandwich. I have been in the habit of taking the weekends off and eating whatever I want during these times. This week, I have been somewhat good by eating chicken wings and Dreamfield's Pasta. I am struggling with my self belief that I can really make myself lose my weight and be the person I was when I was younger. I want to have the body I had when I was a teen. I was strong, thin, and handsome.

When I was younger, I was told that I was never good enough. It was drilled into me for the longest time. When I left home, I lived with the undercurrent in my consciousness that I wasn't good enough. Over a period of time, the undercurrent took over and made me believe that I couldn't achieve the life I wanted. So I gave up. I went from being a 165 lbs. to weighing 230 lbs. This really set me up for being an overweight person for the rest of my life. What I really want is to set myself free of this undercurrent mindset of failure to being a person that can make what I want happen.

I am not going to give up! If I keep failing, I will still continue to post here until I get it right. When I get it right, I am going to set myself up to create the undercurrent mindset that I am a success. I am someone who can make things happen.

This is what I intend to do tomorrow. I will try again to eat something that will help me go in the right direction. I will make one goal that I can achieve. I will eat my first meal as a low carb option. From there, I can go on and make a new goal. Wish me luck! Thank you!
Old 01-26-2014, 01:01 AM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
Good Luck!!

I too, struggled growing up and not feeling I was "good enough". Now that I'm older, I think my parents wanted their kids to "turn out" better than they did and were unknowingly demanding pefection. It's just a theory but now my mom wants that mother-daughter relationship that she didn't nurture. Still working on it...

Kim
kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 05:24 AM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
Hi George! I hope you are attaining the mindset of reaching for the proper foods to get to your goal. I have a problem with choosing the wrong options to feed my hunger - I just want something crunchy & salty sometimes - and a pickle doesn't please me as a potato chip does! I eat "absentmindedly" like some kind of zombie or something. I have regained about 10 pounds and I'm not happy about it. I'm trying to get back myself back into it also and it is going VERY SLOW!

You are on the right track and I hope I'm getting on that track also!
Old 01-28-2014, 04:58 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

I am doing better today. Nothing much to report yet. I have been trying to get myself focused on doing the right thing. I have one day of perfect eating under my belt and that is good. I can live with that.

Kim and Susan, thank you for posting! I wish I could set a better example. I will get my dieting life on course, but it may take me some time. The purpose of this journal is to be accountable to myself and to share my journey no matter how dubious it may seem.
Old 01-29-2014, 04:08 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

COMMITMENT

I woke up today and got myself to eat a corned beef wrap. It was a wrap made by La Tortilla Factory with 3g of carbs. I covered the wrap in mayo and that held me over for about 5 hours. After I got off work early, I gave into my temptation and ate a Jimmy Johns sub with chips and TWO cookies. I think that I have allowed myself to be addicted to the cookies. I need to get over this. Later on in the night, I made myself a reasonable portion on Dreamfield's Pasta and with chunks of ham served with it. I drank a lot of water throughout the day, so I have that going for me.

I have been feeling a lot of stress lately. I have been involved in a project that has required me to be in the spotlight. I can't really get more into it but I have been under a microscope and it has made me feel uncomfortable. My urge is to run to food to comfort myself and it has been really hard for me to let go of giving into those urges. Tomorrow is a new day. I want to start my day off right and make a egg breakfast with some sausage. I think that I can make this happen. This would be a strong start and this could help me get through the rest of the day on the right foot. I am not giving up even though I have failed magnificently so far. I need to get into the right mindset and follow through. Commitment! I can do this!

George
Old 01-30-2014, 05:49 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Failed Once Again, But Will Not Give Up

I made another failure today. I was stressed again and decided to go to Jimmy Johns. Same order.

I refuse to beat myself up over this. I feel bad about making the wrong decision again, but I am not going to let myself go into a tailspin. I am stressed, but I have to get past this. Life is happening to me and it is really intense. I want so badly to have this part of my life be under my control again. That is the eating and exercise portion of my life. I deserve a chance to have a healthy and confident existence. That is why tomorrow, my next choice will be a healthy one. I have set aside the eggs in my fridge to be eaten tomorrow.

Tomorrow I have another intense day of revealing myself to the world. I guess I can explain my stress without revealing too much about it. I was in a television documentary this month that was played nationally. I had to go on live television for an interview to talk about the film. When I was on television, I felt very self conscious about the way I looked. I was embarrassed! Now my story has become more of a subject that people want to know around the world. I just finished an interview with magazine in Europe this evening. Tomorrow, I will be doing an interview with a major magazine that is published worldwide. In a few weeks, I am expected to be on a national television show in New York.

The thing is, I am feeling like a deer in the headlights. I want to put out the best me by looking my best. It is really stressing me out! I feel like an alcoholic reaching for a bottle when I eat. I use the food to comfort me. I know that I am not going to lose all the weight I want before I have to be on tv again. My reaction is to just give up and give into my compulsions.

I know that I need to step back and look at myself. I have to accept myself for the way I look now. I need to look at eating as a way to keep myself feeling better physically. After I ingest excess carbs, I feel terrible physically. I want to feel good and that is ultimately what matters. So tomorrow will be a new day. It is up to me to adopt the new way of thinking. I can do this! I must not give up!
Old 01-30-2014, 09:57 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Are you really Rob Kardashian, George?
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:12 AM   #10
Senior LCF Member

I am just George from Reno. : )

I had a good day today. I ate perfectly. Eggs for breakfast (3). A corned beef wrap for lunch. That's it! I have my food set up for tomorrow. Eggs in the morning. Ground beef for dinner with a wrap.

I know I am not out of the woods yet. One day under my belt is good. I know that it is going to take my focus on every meal. Every decision. The weekend is coming up and it is tough for me to stay focused. Wish me luck...

I will report in later.
Old 02-01-2014, 12:27 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

GOOD LUCK!

Weekends are the hardest. I have no advice because I struggle with them too. I always feel better about myself if I was able to say "no" to those French fries or piece of cake...like I have the power over food, not the other way around.
Old 02-01-2014, 03:42 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Reminder:

Get to that gym you're paying for!

February is Heart Health Awareness Month

Old 02-01-2014, 04:09 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Kim! It feels good to have someone share and understand the problematic nature of controlling one's eating. You are absolutely right about going to the gym. I have been feeling a bit intimidated about going to the gym. Perhaps a bit self-conscious about it. I need to get over this and get myself there. I know when I do workout, I feel much better.

So today was a good day. I stayed on plan. Eggs for breakfast with a piece of string cheese. For dinner, I made ground beef and put into a wrap. On the wrap, I put mayo and the one carb ketchup on it. I ate it slowly with a large glass of water with a touch of lime juice in it. After I was finished I felt satisfied and healthy. I feel like I am on the right path.

Super Bowl Sunday is going to be a challenge for me. I will be surrounded by a carb fest! This where I get in trouble because I have allowed myself in the past to give in and tell myself not to worry about it. I can always get back on track later. I have been in the pattern for about 2 years now. I have to stop it. Today's plan is to eat eggs and sausage for breakfast. I have the food ready to go. I have leftover ground beef in a Glad container in my fridge. I think that I will make it a priority to drink more water tomorrow since I will be off of work. When I am working, I am good because I have no time to eat.

Getting to the gym could really be a game changer for me. I want to have my athleticism back. Golf season is coming closer.

One meal at a time. Stay committed! Thanks for the lift, Kim!

George
Old 02-01-2014, 05:15 AM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Hi George, I just got back on this morning and ran into your journal. Your story sounds like mine in the early years. I was also told I was no good all my life till I left home. I felt like I was reading my life all over till I got to the part of your later years.

I am a soon to be on the 20th a 64 year old lady who could do nothing right even after I left home. I am a bus driver for 32 years in Ohio. I was normal weight till I left home and parents kept on me to do right after I left home. After the first divorce I went up to 180. 3 years later I remarried and thought I would start over and do this one right no matter what. Boy did I go up after that. We traveled a lot and I ate up to 219. Then I found Low Carb. I had been doing weight watchers thru the years but like you I would go back to the old habits.

To make a long story short. I lost 80 between the both diets kept it off for 5 years then slowly gained half of it back. The more you try low Carb the less it will work as you get older. You will still feel better and the weight will start comeing off but then you will stall out. I have started over several times and have never been able to go all the way down and could not figure out why until I found this site. I ran in to a lot of people who have had the same problems. I am now doing JUDDD and I need to go totally low carb do to the doctor hollering about not moveing and sugar is a tiny bit high.

Please don't do what I did and go on and off low carb all the time. Try to stay on and bring your weight down slowly. Men have a easier time at it on the weight comeing off fast. So maybe it won't happen to you like it did me. Oh by the way I have lost back down. Last week I was 145 but am having trouble staying there. Trying to get to 125 to 130 maybe. If I can just teach this old dog new tricks.

Maybe we could help each other do low Carb by keeping in touch. I really need to do low carb but have been doing reg. eating with carbs to get this far.

I don't care who you are on tv or any where else. You sound like a nice person right from a young age who just got brow beat like me threw the years. Your life right now sounds scary and you sound like you just need a friend who is dieting also and running into the same traps. When you come here calm down and take a breather from the real world out there. I have a journal also and this is where I get my peace after a hard day. Keep on going you are doing fine. Each day you will learn something new. You are not doing something wrong every day like we have been told all our life. You are living your life the way you want too and that is OK. Judy
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 05:55 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Oh by the way I have also struggled on Super Bowl Sunday thru the years. Eat a big low carb breakfast before you go to watch the game with friends. Stay with the wings, meat, hardboiled eggs, low carb veggies, If it is subs. take all the meat and cheese off and enjoy. Salad with bluecheese dressing works. Fill up with water and low carb drinks.

Stay away from the chips, crackers and breads and desserts. You can do this I know you can. You are an old pro at this. Just think of your self as a football player and you have the football and you are plowing thru the guys in front of you with the ball at you chest and you other arm is up. Plow thru that food like a pro and make a touch down at the end of the day. Don't listen to people that keep saying take this or try this. That is what my girl friend did all the time when I was doing low carb on Super Bowl day. Don't listen just grab what you know is right for you. I know you will win in the end!
Old 02-02-2014, 06:08 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

George from Reno - you must be a celebrity of some sort ! Magazines, TV, travel! You are a busy man! Tell us more!
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 07:39 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
George, you are doing great. I know it is hard and we all feel for you as we've been there. But I really admire you for not giving up. You will be successful!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:35 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Judy! I liked the advice and your thoughts about our journeys. I have to simplify my approach to getting on track. I am overthinking things. A good filling breakfast can do wonders for getting myself set for the rest of the day. The programming I received as a young person still resonates within me, and it really has been a challenge for me to change the feelings about myself. Food has a strong hold on me and I have to keep fighting and believe I will get the upper hand on this.

Susan: The television thing was a project I have been working on for over three years. It was a documentary about an experience I had. I didn't expect this project to get the kind of attention it did. The attention has been placed on me for the last month involving me being in the media spotlight. It has caused me to feel uncomfortable to say the least. This attention should be ending at the end of this month. I am grateful for the success of what I did, but I am also hoping to have things get settled down to normal.

GailyGail: Thank you for the words of encouragement. I think that my commitment to not give up will pull me through.

This weekend was started off right, but for some reason my will was compromised by my cravings and my feelings of lightheadedness. I was eating low-carb quite well, but then my head got the best of me. I felt tired and off. So, my last meal was of massive carbs again. I need a better plan to be prepare for the feelings of lightheadedness and cravings. A good breakfast could have prevented my slip up.

I don't want to make up excuses. I need to try again and get through the feelings I am having. I could have done a lot of things to prevent myself from reaching to something not good for me. I am so close to being in that groove of feeling no pain. I need to get there.

George
Old 02-03-2014, 06:47 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

George, I understand what you are going thru. A friend from another site who is male and lost I think over 100lbs gave us this recipe. I love it for anytime of the day. There are many nights when doing lowcarb I come home feeling dead so I fix this quick.

1 lb. groundbeef or sausage I use sausage most of the time.
4 tablespoons onion. finely minced
6oz cream cheese I throw in the other 2 oz.
6 lg eggs sometimes I throw in the extra cream cheese and add 1 or 2 more eggs.
2 tb. water
salt and pepper to taste.

1. Brown meat and onions in skillet and drain fat.

2.lower heat and add cream cheese and heat just until melted. I cut my cheese in about 6 or 8 slices so the cheese melts faster with out burning.

3.Beat eggs with the water and salt and pepper and pour into skillet. Scramble until done.

This is fast and easy. Oh by the way About 8 portions for a carb count of 1 net. Carb. each if you do not add extra cheese or extra eggs. I have always add the extra to make more meals for the week and it does not stop me from losing. He said he ate till full with this.

Oh by the way I kept thinking he had lost more. I just looked up a message from long ago.
He had lost over 150lbs. at last count that I knew about. Hope you try it some time and it helps. Judy
Old 02-04-2014, 03:35 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

That sounds pretty good, Judy! I haven't used cream cheese before. I need to try something because I keep falling into the same pattern I set for myself.

Today was a success for me. I was able to eat well and within my carb limits. I was working today and that kept my mind off of food. When I got home, I was feeling very hungry. My daughter wanted me to pick her up some Chinese take-out on the way home from work. I resisted the temptation to eat poorly and proceeded to Wal-Mart to get food that will empower me. I am feeling good about that. Today I had about a 1/8 of a pound of cooked ground beef. I was in a hurry to get to work so I missed out on fuller meal. When I got home, I made a small portion of Dreamfield's Pasta with about a 1/4 pound serving of ground beef I cooked earlier. I know one thing is for sure, I won't be losing weight quickly eating this. But I felt good because it won't make me gain either. Tomorrow is a new day and I will see what I can make out of the good stuff I have in my fridge. I have a craving for egg salad, so that is what I will make tomorrow. I am going the right way now.

George
Old 02-04-2014, 01:46 PM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
George, you are doing great. You made a wise choice today and that is a big milestone. By the way, I know plenty of folks who still lose weight eating small portions of Dreamfield's so it sounds like you are on the right track.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 03:35 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Sounds like you had a great day today. Good luck tomorrow. By the way I made a skillet of the egg breakfast and my girlfriend and lady boss both said creamcheese in eggs. Well now they have each come back a couple of times to get the recipe because they keep talking about how light and fluffy they turned out. They can't believe it had creamcheese in it.

My only problem is now I have been wanting Jimmy Johns, chips and 2 cookies. I should never have read that. HEHEHE!!! I will have to drive about 15 miles to get to a Jimmy John's. That is the ONLY reason that I did not go this weekend.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:35 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

Gail: Thank you for your support. I eventually want to give up eating that stuff and get back to regular whole foods. The pasta is a way for me to wean myself off of the bad stuff.

Judy: I am sorry for the mention of Jimmy Johns. That food had a big grip on me and I feel like I am doing better now. At work, I smell some great desserts that have chocolate or cinnamon in them and it triggers me to want to eat that stuff. Fortunately, I have been able to resist the urge to eat that stuff.

Today was a good day. I ate more of the Dreamfields Pasta today. I also had some hardboiled eggs for breakfast. Surprisingly, the hard boiled eggs gave me a feeling of satisfaction after eating them. I had three. I will have to remind myself of that feeling when I feel lost about what to eat.

Tomorrow's plan is to eat hard boiled eggs again. I love the taste of them with black pepper. It is so simple and hits the spot for me. For dinner, I would like to make baked chicken thighs. Cheap and tasty. I use salt, pepper and parmesan cheese before I put it in the oven. The parmesan cheese gives the chicken a crusty like feel on the skin. I love the taste of this because it has fat on it and it satisfies my hunger pangs. At Wal-Mart, the price is good. For five dollars and change, I get a package of chicken that will feed me for 3 to 4 meals. I like to use a side of mayo to dip my chicken. I know that I need to start thinking about a good option for a side salad. I am slow on this, but I will eventually find a good option for that.

I think the key for me is to keep it simple. I also have to watch out for getting bored with the food I eat. I think if I focus on feeling good, I will be able to manage eating the right foods without having a strong desire to cheat.

I am working on getting back to gym again. My problem is that I am feeling tired when I get home from work. I think this has a lot to do with having all that glycogen swimming around my blood stream. Once I have converted to burning fat, I should be feeling less highs and lows. Deep down inside, I know that the real answer to this problem is that I just need to get back there and deal with it. This is going to take some effort. If I focus on getting myself back in shape to play golf well, that could be the leverage within myself that I need to take action. I know, a lot of talk. I need to start moving!

George
Old 02-05-2014, 05:41 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

George, It sounds like you are really getting a hold on your way of eating. I also found the hard boiled eggs hit the spot about a month ago after reading another girls comment. I have been using them on my Down Days.

Your parmesan cheese chicken sounds great. I have a small pk. in the freezer. I think I will make some up today for tomorrow. I can't have it today. I have to eat real low cals. today but I can make them while I am snow bound in today and eat tomorrow. That way I will be ready tomorrow and not grab the wrong stuff then.

The gym is a great idea but I too am very weak in that area. I have been just trying to talk my self into moving more. I can't afford to go to a gym but that is no excuse as I have a tread mill and my niece gave me a indoor bike. I just have to talk my lazy body no no I stand corrected my lazy Butt up. They would not let me do anything after my last eye operation all summer and now I think I can't move at all. I can do some things now. Just have limits. Good luck on talking your self in to it. I am sure some of the other guys and girls can talk you into it. We have some very active gym people here.

Have a great day. You are doing great. Just keep it simple and you will do fine. The weight will start falling off for you.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:35 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Judy: I hope the parmesan on the chicken works good for you. I also like to put oregano on it too. I forgot to mention that. I like the term, "the weight will fall right off of you." I hope it does!

I found myself not being able to do what I had set out to do today. I was really busy right from the get go. I ended up eating some eggs for breakfast. It only took me five minutes to prepare them. During work, I ate nothing because of the half cups of coffee. The coffee does a good job of keeping my appetite in check. When I got home, I made my pasta with some ground beef. I ate a reasonable portion of the pasta along with the 1/4 lb. of ground beef. My appetite feels appeased! I am getting the hang of this. I was asked by my daughter to get her some food after work at McDonald's. I was able to resist the urge to give into this temptation.

Today was a victory. I am grateful and I can build on this. I will look on the scale next week to see if there is any progress happening. Life is beginning to feel more manageable. This is good!

George
Old 02-06-2014, 04:03 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

That is great George! I can not pass up Mc D's. You are a better man then me. HEHEHE!!! The eggs and Parm chicken was great. Will try your other idea next. I have to work all day due to school delay. So I figure that will hold me till I get home tonight. Thanks for inspiring me to go more lowcarb. I have been trying. I did 15 min. on a indoor bike yesterday. Did about 1/3 of my ice and snow driveway before a neighbor brought his plow and did about 5 min. on my new hula hoop. Don't laugh I hear you all the way here. Not even a snicker. Carol is trying to get me to move more and this will help slim the waist. I personally am trying to get every one to hula hoop at the same time to get some heat going in our area to warm us up and get rid of this snow and ice. See you later. Bye
Old 02-07-2014, 04:11 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Hit That Gym, Baby!!!

Judy: I like the idea of the hula hoop. I used to try to do it when I was a kid and couldn't get it right. The girls seemed to do it better. I think getting the body to move is critical in getting to good health. Diet is very important too, but exercise is very important. I need to get myself out of the habit of not exercising and getting myself to do it. So, the sound of using a hula hoop might be a good idea for me possibly.

I have been feeling a lot better the last couple days. I have been able to say no to the bad foods now and I feel like I am on the right track. I have a concern about the weekend and my routine I have made. I must resist the urge to eat whatever I want on the weekends. My glycogen levels must be lower now because I am no having the intense cravings that plagued me for the longest time. I need to be sure not to get lazy and say that I deserve to have a treat. I am feeling good eating the low carb options and I am not feeling deprived.

I am going to have a three day weekend off of work and I want to get myself to the gym. I would like begin with swimming. I am a person that loves the water and I think that swimming will get me on the right track. I also want to begin lifting weights again too. I am going to need to force myself to go because I am a bit lazy. If I focus on getting myself ready for golf season and beating my friends at golf, that could be the motivation I need. Also if I take on the attitude of getting myself to look better and the benefits of that, this could get me to stay focused. Oh how I would like to be the hot guy again... Something to shoot for!

George
Old 02-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

WOW! It sounds like you are really getting focused. You are right on cue on everything you talked about.

I use to try to play golf with my ex. and 2 friends but no one ever taught me how to swing right. I was the lady that you love to hate on the course that can only knock the ball about 20 yards. But I never had to go looking for the lost balls like every one else. I loved playing the game. Don't like the golf carts. I love walking the whole thing. The only problem is there is never enough bathrooms out there. I was going to try and take some lessons but my ex. had a back operation and so did the other lady so we had to quit.
Now I have had two eye operations so I don't know if I am aloud to play.

Your food sounds like you have it under control. Oh by the way I happened to think of something today while driving for work and I got to thinking about all the girls I write to and when I came to you I thought of the chicken I remembered that I have a BBQ spice that I use sometimes. McCormick brand Rotisserie chicken spice. I also have hickory and SmokedBBq rub that would be great with the cheese too. I got the last 2 at a specialty shop in Tenn.

Have a great weekend off and I hope you make it to the Gym. Swim for me while you at it. Or you could help us warm the earth up with the hula hoop. Bye
Old 02-08-2014, 05:19 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Well, I made it past my Friday night without giving in! This was a big step for me. I've had so many weekends ending up with me going on a little bender with food. I kept it simple tonight and only ate what I am accustomed to eating. I had some Dreamfields Pasta tonight with ground beef. I was so tempted tonight to eat the stuff that would set me off and I didn't do it. I am very pleased with that.

What I have to do this weekend is follow through. I want to get to the club and workout. The biggest hurdle is getting there. The exercise while there will be no big deal. I am strong, but I am not strong willed. Getting to the club and eating foods that won't set me in the wrong direction are the key this weekend. The perfect eating will come along, but right now I need to make sure that I see it through for the avoidance of bad foods for me. I can do this!

George
Old 02-09-2014, 05:37 AM   #30
Senior LCF Member

Hey I am proud of you George. You made it to the week end and I know you will be great Sat and Sunday. It sounds like you are going to take this gym thing running. You can do it. Look how far you have come in a short time. Have a great Sunday.