LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2014, 09:18 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/213/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Shebasmudder's LCHF Journal

It's been a long time since I've been here but this is exactly where I need to be.

I tried HCG but struggled with hunger so I eventually gave up.

I have diabetes and last year I heard abut a procedure called the endobarrier which is like a plastic sleeve that fits in your duodenum (small intestine) and blocks carb absorption. Doesn't that sound fantastic ?!

It's only available in the U.S. via clinical trial. It is hard to find a lot of info on it but what I read, sounds good to me. I am fortunate enough to live close to a trial site and I bugged the study doctor until he called me in for an appointment.

Here's the catch: it's a double blind study so I have no idea if I have the device and neither does my doctor.

So that means I still need to be responsible and live a low carb lifestyle. The trial lasts for a year and I get an endocrinologist for free, financial compensation and support. If it turns out I did not receive the device, then at the end of the 12 months, they will offer it to me for free. That sounded pretty good to me.

After several months of lab workups and getting my Vitamin D and iron up to acceptable levels, I went in for the procedure this past Wednesday. I weighed 230 and my blood sugar was 186.

You get general anesthesia and an endoscopy so you really can't tell right off if anything happened. I know I had a sore throat and a busted lip (from the device they put in your mouth to hold your lips open). I was pretty much knocked out for 2 days.

I have been on a liquid diet and haven't been hungry much until today. I was starving today ! I need to stay on the liquid diet until I see my doctor next week. So I decided to eat more fat to help with the hunger. I am allowed greek yogurt, so I had that and I added some butter and cream to my chicken broth. Believe or not, I am allowed candy - not the crunchy kind - so I got some dark chocolate high in fat. Strategy is important in fighting hunger !

So far I have lost 7 pounds !

And my blood sugar this morning was in the 150s !

I have been checking my blood sugar all day because I am so excited to see it go down - I actually saw it at 128 ! I am on two medicines - Metformin and Glimepiride. The doc wants me to cut Glimepiride dosage in half when my blood sugar drops.

That's an amazing feeling - to cut one of these meds ! I am not quite low enough to cut one yet, but I am on my way.

So, even though the device (if I have it) is a huge help in lowering blood sugar and losing weight, it may not cure my diabetes. The reason being is that the cause is different for everyone and cannot be pinpointed. Now, my personal belief is that I am insulin resistant. The reason I think this is because when I take Metformin regularly, I FEEL so much better. I can tell it has an effect on my hormones and my cycle becomes regular and I just feel better. I also believe that my weight contributes to my insulin resistance. So if I lose weight (especially that fat around my poor organs), that could impact my diabetes. Well, we shall see.....

I have some serious momentum going here and am very excited about the future !
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2014, 08:07 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

So today my scale was acting weird but I think I am down to 222 or 221. I'll get a new battery and see if that helps.

My fasting blood sugar is 148.

I added some heavy whipping cream to my Atkins protein drink this morning - yum ! Later I will make some fat bombs in case I feel "starved" and some "ice cream" (frozen strawberries, stevia and heavy whipping cream whipped up by the ninja).

Yesterday I had:

1 Atkins protein drink
1 cup Greek yogurt with sugar free strawberry preserves
Chicken broth with a pat of butter and some heavy whipping cream
Water
Store brand powdered drink (knock off of Crystal Light)
2 pieces of Lindt 85% cocoa

Today's menu will be similar. I will be adding fat if I feel hungry. I don't want to get frustrated by the hunger and sabotage myself.
Old 01-19-2014, 11:11 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

I got a new battery but the scale is still acting weird. I think I am 222. I may get out to the store and get another one.

My fasting blood glucose this morning was 158. I just checked my blood sugar and it is 179. Not good and I know why.

I reviewed the diet my doctor gave me and figured out I was not eating enough. I know that oatmeal spikes me but since it was on the diet list, I figured I would try it anyways. Bad idea. So now my sense is I do not have the device and I can no longer eat anything that can spike me. I'm kind of disappointed. Well, back to reality and the fact that I need to eat better PERIOD.

So yesterday I had:
Atkins protein drink with heavy whipping cream (I was full for a while after that)
"Ice cream" (greek yogurt, frozen strawberries, stevia and cream whipped together)
Sugar free jello with whipped cream
Chicken broth with butter and cream
Cream of chicken soup with cream and extra seasoning (now that was good !)
1/2 can V-8 (this was on the list - I was shocked at how much sugar was in it ! Shame on V-8: 12 grams per can !)
2 blocks of Lindt 85% cocoa
Water

My husband brought home chips and snack cakes and munched right next to me. Auugghh ! I told him I may be on the next episode of "Wives with Knives" if he keeps teasing me.

I'm beginning to miss meat and veggies. My cream of chicken soup had one little tiny cube of chicken in it and it tasted like heaven ! I only have a couple of days left so I will make it. I never even made my fat bombs so I'm doing okay.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:00 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Martin Luther King Day !

I bought a new scale yesterday and I have lost 1 pound ! I am now 221 pounds.

My fasting blood sugar this morning was 151.

One day I hope to see my fasting numbers in the 70s.

Yesterday I had:

Atkins protein shake with cream
Oatmeal with cinnamon, stevia and cream
1/2 can V-8
sugar free jello with whipped cream
fruit buddies (I was out shopping and felt starved so I found one with 11 grams of sugar - kind of high but there was no other alternative) maybe I should have checked the baby food because that's what it tasted like
cream of chicken soup with cream
broccoli and cheese soup with cream (that was yummy)
greek yogurt with sugar free strawberry preserves
water
sugar free powder drink

I would really like a pepsi max but I will wait until I see my doc. I see ginger ale on the list of things I can have but I can wait a couple of days.

My energy is low. I take a multivitamin and an iron pill but I need at least one nap per day.

I dropped off 6 crochet hats today for A Stitch for the Life. They are the Atlanta chapter of Crochet for Cancer. I wanted to do more but I have been too tired. I've found so many great patterns on pinterest- I don't think I have enough time in my life to do them all. I also found a zillion low carb, paleo and ketogenic recipes that I pinned. If you need some ideas, my link is in my siggy.
Old 01-21-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

So today I am up one pound but I think that is just a bathroom break. Because I am not eating much, I don't have a bm every day like normal. I am not going to worry about it.

My blood sugar was in the 160s this morning. Wow at that. I think I am going to count my carbs today. I know I did not eat as much yesterday. I would feel hungry and then get full easily so basically I had soup with cream twice, 1/2 a V-8 and my atkins protein drink. I made a blueberry smoothie with some almond milk and yogurt but no other snacks like jello or pudding or candy.

I am going to try to increase my water. I usually drink about 40 ounces of water and then 20 of the diet "kool aid".

Tomorrow I go see my doctor so hopefully he will be impressed with my results.

One way to sabotage yourself is to expect too much at the beginning. It is good to have someone else gauge my progress. That's it for today ! I've got errands to run !
Old 01-22-2014, 10:58 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

This morning my fasting blood sugar was 113 !! Wow, that's huge. Hopefully I can stay around this number. The doc was saying my numbers may have been higher due to liver dump. From what I understand if I don't eat when I'm hungry, my liver dumps sugar into my bloodstream. But he was saying that it happens on a liquid diet, too. Hopefully my liver is out of sugar stores. I know it will feel better when it does ! lol

So I was at 222.0 this morning, still waiting on that bathroom break. The doctor was really happy with my weight loss.

And the best part - I can now eat food ! But I have no idea where to start ! I'm going to scan my pinterest recipes and throw something in the crockpot.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:27 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

Holy smokes ! Last night I was feeling off and a little jittery. So I tested my blood sugar and it was 89 ! I decided not to take my night time glimepiride. This morning my blood sugar was 147.

It may seem like 89 is fantastic and I should just run with it but the doctor warned me yesterday that it is not good for me to feel "sick". In fact he wants me to avoid it. Let's say last night I took that pill - and my sugar dropped even more during my sleep - instant coma. So I wasn't going to risk it.

Now if the day goes well with only one dose of glimepiride, then something great has really happened. Any time you can reduce your meds because you're getting healthier is HUGE. So I will keep my fingers crossed and keep eating clean !

Now for my weight. I had my bathroom break and I weighed 221.0 this morning. This is just fine with me. I am so close to getting out the 220s, I am ectstatic ! After a week of a liquid diet, I finally had some meat yesterday. I had a burger patty with cheddar cheese for lunch. Then for dinner I had a chicken breast stuffed with feta, pepperoncini and spinach (YUM !). I cooked that in the crockpot. So I filled up with meat which may take a sec to get rid of.

The doc warned me yesterday that I may get constipated and I could use an OTC method so at some point, if I feel bloated and yucky, I will take magnesium supplements which I have found to be helpful in the past (plus it strengthens the nails).

Only one week later and I have lost 9 pounds and reduced my diabetes medicine ! I feel really good about the future !
Old 01-24-2014, 07:40 AM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

This morning I weigh 220.0 and no bathroom break ! I can't wait until the scale says I am out of the 220s ! I don't think I have seen the teens in about 3 years.

My blood sugar was 136 this morning without my night time dose of glimepiride. Wow, that is amazing. I had no idea that medical changes could happen so soon. Now I am questioning whether I just might have the device. It looks like soon I can cut glimepiride out of my life. It's an absolute miracle. I really have longed for a way to get off the diabetes meds. Some overwork your pancreas and it's almost impossible to get another pancreas. I can deal with just metformin, especially now that I am used to it.

So yesterday I had my morning atkins protein drink. I like having a filling drink in the morning but I need to find something not so processed and tastes more like coffee. I've got some protein drinks pinned on pinterest so I will try to find something new.

For lunch I had a stuffed chicken breast. I could barely finish it. My biggest dog, D'Argo was happy to help. I had some low carb crackers with cream cheese for a snack.

For dinner I made some creamed cabbage. Everything is so much better with bacon and sour cream. Especially sour cream and chives. I cooked the cabbage in the bacon grease and some coconut oil. I found this coconut oil call Lou Ana and I just love it. It doesn't have any flavor and I can cook easily with it.

Today I plan to make some low carb brownies if I get hungry enough. I saw a pin for turkey pesto wraps so I may try that but I need to get to the store and we all know how cold is out there !

Somehow I have to incorporate exercise into my life. That will help me get off my blood pressure medicines (I have 2 of those 2 !). It's too cold to walk a dog. I have a free pass for one month to an expensive club. I was thinking of yoga and found a cheap mat online but I have to wait until next Friday to order it.

A lot has happened in just a little over a week. All good stuff !
Old 01-25-2014, 07:40 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

I weigh 219 !! Whooppee !! I am so happy ! I think if I lose 3 more pounds, I should be able to fit some of my jeans. I have been wearing sweat pants and stretch pants for years now. I haven't been able to squeeze into anything else. Now I will have a lot more wardrobe options.

My fasting glucose was 135. Very good.

Yesterday I had an atkins protein shake, coffee and bacon for a mid-morning snack, cabbage with sour cream and more bacon for lunch. Cream cheese and low carb crackers for snack and a fried chicken thigh for dinner. I drank a lot of water and some sugar free powder drink as well.

Still looking for a good recipe for unpackaged protein drink to replace the atkins.

Overall, I think my progress is fantastic ! I still have no clue if I have the device. I think I should proceed with my life as if I don't and continue to make positive changes.
Old 01-25-2014, 07:54 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/204/199
WOE: NK
Start Date: Atkins 4/12 Nutritional Ketosis 1/13
Atkins shakes are a no-no for me. I make my own shakes. You can order unflavored gelatin to add for pure protein and no carbs. You can add in raw eggs(if you can get a good source) avocados, unsweetened cocoa, HWC, coconut milk.

Two of my favorites:
1/2 avocado
2tnsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1cup almond/coconut milk
Handful of ice

1cup almond/coconut milk
2 eggs
Splash of Davinis syrup
Ice
Splash of HWC
cfine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
Atkins shakes are a no-no for me. I make my own shakes. You can order unflavored gelatin to add for pure protein and no carbs. You can add in raw eggs(if you can get a good source) avocados, unsweetened cocoa, HWC, coconut milk.

Two of my favorites:
1/2 avocado
2tnsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1cup almond/coconut milk
Handful of ice

1cup almond/coconut milk
2 eggs
Splash of Davinis syrup
Ice
Splash of HWC

Hi, cfine !
Thank you so much for suggestions. I went to the grocery store to see if I could find unflavored gelation. I found one that has 10g protein per packet. It just so happens I have avocado, cocoa and coconut milk on hand (although I may try cream instead).

Yesterday I tried to make my own with protein powder, coffee, cream and ice. The protein powder has an unpleasant taste so I didn't enjoy it so much. I will save it to make protein bars.
Old 01-26-2014, 04:21 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Today my blood sugar was 154. I was kind of shocked. It could be because I got up late or whatever I ate yesterday.

I am still at 219 !

I ate a lot yesterday. I made my own protein shake (bleccchhh). For lunch I had greens and stuffed chicken breasts. I made some low carb brownies which were delicious except a little greasy (I ran out of butter and subbed too much coconut oil). I had 3 of those, they were so good ! If anyone wants the recipe, I will post it.

Then for dinner I had more cabbage with sour cream and bacon. For snack I had some peach "ice cream" (more like a shake). Frozen peaches, a little greek yogurt and some cream whipped together. I only got to eat half because my dear hubby put one of the dogs in the bed and he stuck his face in my bowl (the dog).

I was feeling bloated and blecch last night. I feel that way today, too. I am going to dig out the magnesium pills tomorrow to get things moving.

So today I am going to leave out the brownies to see if that was too much for my blood sugar. I used Lindt chocolate 85% cacao for the recipe.

For breakfast I had coffee. For lunch I had pesto wraps from a recipe I got from DJ Foodie. This was delicious ! I mixed pesto with cream cheese and a little olive oil. It is a tasty spread. I put it on some romaine lettuce leaves, added roast beef, tomato slices, bacon and a little parmesan. Folded like a taco, and yum !

Right now in the crockpot I have some chuck roast with ranch and au jus seasonings plus a few pepperoncinis and onion. I'll make the fam some mashed potatoes but stick to broccoli for myself.

Tomorrow morning I will definitely try cfine's protein dink recipe !

Last edited by shebasmudder; 01-26-2014 at 04:22 PM..
Old 01-26-2014, 07:28 PM   #13
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

On gosh, I feel so bad. I forgot to tell you to add a sweetener! Sorry! I use liquid stevia. I have taken a big drink of my protein shake before without adding it and it was gross! I just posted something to you in my journal. Your numbers still look pretty high, which I'm sure you already know that. It is more important to lower those numbers than anything, even if you have to use some insulin. Anything over 140 is causing cellular damage. Could you ask your doctor for a prescription for some short acting insulin? Or you could do a long acting one like Lantus. That's what I did. As my numbers went down, I just kept decreasing the dosage until I didn't need it anymore. You really need something to combat those numbers.

January-commit-5 pounds lost
February-2.6 pounds lost

My goal is to see Onederland!!
Old 01-26-2014, 07:38 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
On gosh, I feel so bad. I forgot to tell you to add a sweetener! Sorry! I use liquid stevia. I have taken a big drink of my protein shake before without adding it and it was gross! I just posted something to you in my journal. Your numbers still look pretty high, which I'm sure you already know that. It is more important to lower those numbers than anything, even if you have to use some insulin. Anything over 140 is causing cellular damage. Could you ask your doctor for a prescription for some short acting insulin? Or you could do a long acting one like Lantus. That's what I did. As my numbers went down, I just kept decreasing the dosage until I didn't need it anymore. You really need something to combat those numbers.
That's okay, I haven't made the shake yet but I would have known to shake some Stevita in it.

I am doing a study protocol so my medication cannot be changed. When I had the "procedure" done on 1/15, I was told to halve my glimepiride to prevent hypoglycemia. I didn't because my numbers didn't go down at a rapid rate. I waited several days until I started feeling "sick" and my bg had dropped to 89 before I cut the glimepiride.

Even though I went up to 154 this morning, it could be any number of things. As long as the trend goes down, then things are going fine.
Old 01-27-2014, 07:53 AM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

Today my blood sugar was 166. It is creeping up but I believe that is because I had some mashed potatoes last night. Mashed potatoes tend to spike me and I couldn't resist when I was cooking them.

Now I know I HAVE to resist. Otherwise I will not get my sugars down.

Still at 219 !!

I really love my pesto lettuce roll ups ! I have turkey and roast beef so I can alternate between the two. I am off to make cfine's protein shake.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:45 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

So this morning I weigh 221 ! Yikes ! You know why ? I drank about 1 liter of Pepsi Max last night. I wish I could say I hadn't. Sometimes I just get a craving for soda. And I love Pepsi Max. It tastes like regular soda to me. Even my kid loves it. I still have half the bottle left. So it's obvious it causes me to hold water. I will have to decide today if I will finish the bottle or not.

Now for the good news, my blood sugar is down today - 147. I was very careful yesterday with what I ate (except the soda). I made sure I ate enough and wasn't hungry. Before I went to bed, my blood sugar was 100. So I still suffer from liver dump or dawn phenomenom. There's nothing I can do about that except increase my Metformin (which I cannot do right now). Or I could try a glass of pinot noir before bed or just be patient and wait it out. I'm not much of a drinker so I forget the bottle is there.

I ate:
Coffee with cream
Cfine's protein shake (I did half coconut milk and half cream because I don't like a lot of coconut flavor - today I will do all cream)
Lettuce roll ups
Olives for snack
Lettuce roll ups, a little roast beef
Pepsi Max
Smoked salmon and cream cheese

So my goals for today are to continue to eat to my meter. Drink more water.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:08 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yay for that BS reading! My Dad had to stop drinking his nightly wine because it caused his BS to skyrocket. Having a little protein right before bed can help the dawn phenomenon.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:24 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Yay for that BS reading! My Dad had to stop drinking his nightly wine because it caused his BS to skyrocket. Having a little protein right before bed can help the dawn phenomenon.
Thanks, cfine ! I have tried protein but that's never helped. I can never remember to drink the wine anyways but I remember it did help. Hopefully, I won't have to worry about dawn phenomenom......
Old 01-29-2014, 11:49 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

So today I am still 221. I was wrong about the pepsi max. It was the olives !! I am really heartbroken now. I love olives ! I ate the whole jar the day before yesterday and when I looked at the bottle, it was supposed to be 11 servings with 14% sodium for each one ! I don't even want to calculate how much salt that is ! I had another half a bottle yesterday before I got clued in. I have no idea how long it will take for me to shed this water weight but no more olives for me. Sometimes I find a yummy snack and I totally overindulge. Now I know I can't have that snack ever. I'm actually thinking black olives may have less salt so next time I go to the store, I will read the label.

The best news of all is my blood sugar is 116 !! Dare I hope that I can stop taking glimepiride altogether !?! My pancreas is going to be soooo happy !

Meanwhile, the whole city is a mess with the snow ! I love how it looks ! My oldest dog (Sheba - that's her pic in my avi, btw) loves running and playing in it. My son got out of school early yesterday and went home with a friend. He is now stuck at the friend's house.

I am struggling with back pain. I am not allowed to take ibuprofen which is my favorite pain killer. I am pretty sure it could be constipation so I went ahead and took the magnesium supps and hope they start working soon. I hope it is not the device because I am doing so well with my blood sugars. The pain woke me up this morning so I had to change how I was sleeping to feel comfortable.

Yesterday I ate:

coffee
cfine's protein shake subbed with cream (let me just say it was DELICIOUS ! It tasted like a Wendy's frosty !)
lettuce wraps
low carb crackers with cream cheese pesto
olives
pepsi max

It seems like I didn't eat much but I felt stuffed and uncomfortable in the evening - maybe due to constipation ? Uggghhh, such a gross feeling. Speaking of gross, one of my doggies is sick and messing everywhere. The little girl doggie keeps breaking into the living room and messing in there. I can't wait to get her a crate. She is such a little imp ! She opens the frig, boxes, cabinets - you name it. She really tries my patience but she will do her doggie dance and give out kisses so you have to forgive her, the little brat.

Last edited by shebasmudder; 01-29-2014 at 11:51 AM..
Old 01-30-2014, 09:15 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was so miserable with the back pain and constipation. I was in horrible pain and I feel like I tried everything ! I took some magnesium early in the day and nothing happened (800 mg). Then I drank tons of water. I had some warm beef broth. Finally I went to the diabetes forum and read that folks were taking coconut oil.

By bedtime I felt better but no relief. Finally this morning - relief ! BUT, I was so bloated and miserable yesterday I barely ate and I didn't even take all my medication like I was supposed to. I didn't take my blood pressure, cholesterol, prilosec, iron, vitamin. I did take my diabetes meds.

So this morning my weight is 222.0 and no surprise. One of my blood pressure meds is a diuretic. My blood sugar is 138 for morning fasting. What a stressful day yesterday was.

I started the day off with coffee, cream and coconut oil. I hope this keeps me regular because I don't intend to miserable like that again.
Old 01-30-2014, 08:57 PM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sorry you have had "those" issues. I eat lots of fat which helps me in the bathroom dept. Coconut oil is a miracle! I noticed that you are in Atlanta. Yikes! I thought it was bad in Chattanooga, but then my cousin said that her daughter got stuck on the interstate for 9 hours, ended up spending the night in Krogers, and then her boyfriend had to walk 6 miles to get her. The weather people certainly missed the mark this time.
Old 01-31-2014, 05:13 AM   #22
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Congrats on the loss! Very interesting about the clinical study, I've never heard of it. Hope you feel better today...constipation and back pain sounds miserable!
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 05:50 AM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Sorry you have had "those" issues. I eat lots of fat which helps me in the bathroom dept. Coconut oil is a miracle! I noticed that you are in Atlanta. Yikes! I thought it was bad in Chattanooga, but then my cousin said that her daughter got stuck on the interstate for 9 hours, ended up spending the night in Krogers, and then her boyfriend had to walk 6 miles to get her. The weather people certainly missed the mark this time.
I feel bad for your relative and her boyfriend. They really messed up here. They are talking about getting rid of the head of GEMA. The weather people warned us but the emergency folks did not do anything until it was too late. Schools stayed open too long as well and then tried to close after the snow hit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Congrats on the loss! Very interesting about the clinical study, I've never heard of it. Hope you feel better today...constipation and back pain sounds miserable!
Thanks, shari ! I am feeling so much better !

Last edited by shebasmudder; 01-31-2014 at 06:02 AM..
Old 01-31-2014, 05:59 AM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

So today I am back down to 220. I feel so much better and felt better yesterday as well. I invested in some chocolate ex lax, too, just in case. Soon I will be back to 219 and lower !

My blood sugar this morning is 136. Last night it was 87 and I was a little bit worried it would be too low this morning. It looks like I have some leveling off to do. I'm going to call my doctor to find out when he wants me to cut out the glimepiride altogether. I like to know things in advance. I don't think my morning numbers warrant it just yet, but I like to be prepared.

If you think about my progress, all of this has happened in 2 weeks ! I lost 10 pounds and cut one of my diabetes meds in half ! Lots to celebrate !
Old 02-01-2014, 01:05 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Today I weigh 218 !!

My fasting glucose is 124 !!

I talked to my doctor and he said he doesn't want me to stop taking my last glimepiride until I start hitting the 60s and feel sick. Holy moley ! 60s I think is too low but there is no way I will let myself go around feeling sick. He said I am just so excited because I haven't seen numbers this low in years and he is right ! But yesterday I was out with my son and starting sweating and feeling sick. When I got home and tested, I was 119.

I now feel like I must have the device. Only because of the discomfort I have been feeling after I eat. I have severe back pain in the evenings and then lots of burping (sorry if it's TMI). I've never felt this way before. I can't drive for long periods because my back will hurt from my position. Last night was the first time since before the "procedure" where I could sleep on my left side for a long time. So many back problems lately, I need something to blame.

My hubby joined a gym last night and said he was thinking about eating better. Thank goodness. Maybe he will stop bringing all that crap into the house. He has a box of butter cakes by Sara Lee in his nightstand right now.

After Shari talked about pizza the other day, I decided to make a pizza casserole that I got from Peace, Love & Low Carb. It is yummy and lasts a long time. Very filling. Here's a pic of what I made:

Old 02-03-2014, 06:14 AM   #26
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday I was at 218 and fasting blood sugar was 121.

Today I am 218 and fasting glucose is 150 ! Yikes !

I had some stuff yesterday I should not have so I am not sure what it was. I went to the movies and had mozzarella sticks (was it the breading ?). When I got home I had pulled pork and broccoli with carrots (was it the carrots ?). Then I had a sugar free dark chocolate peanut butter cup that I made (was it the peanut butter ?).

Well, I will be more careful today. It's days like this I doubt I have the device. If I did, would it matter what I ate ? So confusing.

The pb cup has a laxative effect I guess due to all the coconut oil. It was yummy, though.
Old 02-03-2014, 06:54 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

I wanted to add that yesterday I tried on my size 20 jeans. The rest of my jeans are size 18. They were definitely snug and the zipper kept sliding down. I was kind of disappointed but hopefully they will fit better next week.

When I get down to size 18, I will have a lot more options. I have a couple of items that are size 16 so when I get down to that size, I will have some shopping to do ! I think the smallest size I have worn as an adult is 12 ? It's been so long I can't even remember !
Old 02-03-2014, 01:13 PM   #28
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/???/160-mini goal
WOE: Low carb
Congrats on the losses so far!! It is interesting to find out later if you have the device or not but either way, you're eating healthier and working on lowering your glucose levels. Your pizza looks good, I might make it again this weekend. It was yummy and hit the spot
shari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:02 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Congrats on the losses so far!! It is interesting to find out later if you have the device or not but either way, you're eating healthier and working on lowering your glucose levels. Your pizza looks good, I might make it again this weekend. It was yummy and hit the spot
Thanks, Shari ! This whole double blind is driving me nuts ! I think it's the daily testing, too, that makes me koo koo but it's necessary.
Old 02-04-2014, 07:18 PM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Somehow I feel like I missed a day because I'm posting so late. Oh, well.

Today my fasting blood sugar was 170. I swear it was nothing I did ! What happened was my big doggie munched on my test strip container. I found my strips on the floor, no doubt slobbed over. But since they were my last ones (I got a new supply today), I used them yesterday and today. Hence the high numbers - dog slobber ruined my test strips !

I know this because after I had breakfast (protein shake by cfine) and some pickles for a snack, I used my new strips and I was at 119 with no meds. There's no way I could go from 170, eat with no meds and get down to 119. Just not possible.

My weight is 219 today thanks to TOM. In fact, I had such bad cramps, I took 1,000mg of acetominophen and promptly fell asleep for 3 hours. I don't usually take it, I do better with ibuprofen but I'm not allowed ibuprofen on the protocol. I was thinking TOM made my numbers go up until I tested with my new strips.

I've been craving blue cheese dressing. So I've been having salads in the evenings. I love Marie's chunky. For lunch I had parmesan garlic wings.

I haven't been drinking enough water so I need to work on that.