Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 12:48 PM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Great job!!! I'm sure that is just a bump up from the chicken and will go away soon. Congrats on your A1C number, I'm so happy your health is improving. Oh, and that you are melting!!!
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2014, 08:50 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Great job!!! I'm sure that is just a bump up from the chicken and will go away soon. Congrats on your A1C number, I'm so happy your health is improving. Oh, and that you are melting!!!
Thanks, AG ! I'm melting ! I'm melting ! I like that analogy !
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:03 AM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
The scale is a liar!!! you know you are doing well, and the measurements are going down. Plus you are doing better health wise! This is wonderful!

Congrats to your son too! I don't think I could ever get my kids on board, they are so tempted away from home.. So YAY for him!!!
Thanks, Deb ! DS has complained for a long time how terrible the school lunches are. So he is glad to bring his own lunch to school. He makes a sandwich with low carb bread I baked and he takes an apple, greek yogurt and string cheese with a bottled water which he refills during the day. I make him ham cups for breakfast (I put ham in a muffin pan like a muffin cup and then add cheese and egg, bake it for 15 minutes and it comes out like a cup) or an egg mcmuffin oopsie (2 oopsies with cheese and ham inside). The breakfast is really filling. He doesn't seem to need a snack when he comes home unless he has been working out.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:06 AM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

So today I am down 1 pound to 215 !! Can't complain about that !

In fact, I joined a few fb LCHF groups and everyone says that stalling is normal on this woe. Sometimes 1-2 months and then a whoosh ! Well, who doesn't like whooshes ? So now I just have to adjust my brain to stop expecting daily losses and enjoy the melting !

FBG was 148. I think my next a1c will be 6.4. I am still looking forward to the day I can dump the glimepiride. I suffer from lack of patience !
Old 03-22-2014, 11:40 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Still at 215.

Forgot to do fbg but after coffee, I was at 127.

I have a dear friend who is pre-diabetic. When she told me, my first and only suggestion was to cut out the soda and try Pepsi Max. I thought that would be an easy suggestion. No one ever tries it. Well, now that she found out I lost 15 pounds, she wants to try my woe. Honestly, I don't think she will stick to it. But I will try to simplify it for her so she's not overwhelmed with all the changes and bring her some samples when I visit her. Keep your fingers crossed she gets to improve her health.
Old 03-24-2014, 10:38 AM   #156
Major LCF Poster!

Oops I forgot to post yesterday, but my stats were 215 and fbg of 127.

Today I am 215.2 and fbg was 148.

I saw my friend yesterday and hopefully she has started LCHF today. I don't want to pressure her because I know I wouldn't like anyone bugging me. I gave her a ton of info so it's in her hands now and we won't judge if she doesn't follow through.

Well, I finally figured out how to get approved for the "affordable health care". Unfortunately, it's not very affordable. I found one plan that is $6 per month with a $500 deductible. Doctor's visits are $25. I probably will never use it but I'm considering it. $6 a month is affordable but I pay way less where I go to now. Then I looked at dental, which I desperately need. The stuff I need done of course, is not covered. The best plan wants you to pay $30 per month for 2 free cleanings and you pay for everything else. Well, around here, you can pay for your own cleaning for $70. So I should pay $360 per year for something that only costs $140 ? I'm sad that is the best plan they offer.

Well, I will be doing more research to try to find the best plans for myself.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:22 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Oops I forgot to post yesterday, but my stats were 215 and fbg of 127.

Today I am 215.2 and fbg was 148.

I saw my friend yesterday and hopefully she has started LCHF today. I don't want to pressure her because I know I wouldn't like anyone bugging me. I gave her a ton of info so it's in her hands now and we won't judge if she doesn't follow through.

Well, I finally figured out how to get approved for the "affordable health care". Unfortunately, it's not very affordable. I found one plan that is $6 per month with a $500 deductible. Doctor's visits are $25. I probably will never use it but I'm considering it. $6 a month is affordable but I pay way less where I go to now. Then I looked at dental, which I desperately need. The stuff I need done of course, is not covered. The best plan wants you to pay $30 per month for 2 free cleanings and you pay for everything else. Well, around here, you can pay for your own cleaning for $70. So I should pay $360 per year for something that only costs $140 ? I'm sad that is the best plan they offer.

Well, I will be doing more research to try to find the best plans for myself.
$6/month? Yikes, my DH pays around $14,000 per year for our family healthcare. That's for all 5 of us. Doctor visits have a co-pay of $20, ER has a co-pay of $50. It comes right out of his total plan so it doesn't come out of our pocket. When I had surgery last year, it would've been like $30K without insurance and it cost us maybe $250.
Old 03-24-2014, 11:41 AM   #158
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
$6/month? Yikes, my DH pays around $14,000 per year for our family healthcare. That's for all 5 of us. Doctor visits have a co-pay of $20, ER has a co-pay of $50. It comes right out of his total plan so it doesn't come out of our pocket. When I had surgery last year, it would've been like $30K without insurance and it cost us maybe $250.
But your DH makes more money than mine ! Fortunately, mine goes to the VA for all his medical needs but I have diabetes and end up going to the hospital clinic. It's better than the clinic I used to go to (where they would often forget my meds or even me!) but I was hoping to have more options. If I have to go to the ER on that $6 plan, I have to pay $500 off the bat, which I don't have on hand.

Your plan really helped yall with the surgery and turned out to be worth it. I hope you got good care with it.
Old 03-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #159

Quote:
But your DH makes more money than mine ! Fortunately, mine goes to the VA for all his medical needs but I have diabetes and end up going to the hospital clinic. It's better than the clinic I used to go to (where they would often forget my meds or even me!) but I was hoping to have more options. If I have to go to the ER on that $6 plan, I have to pay $500 off the bat, which I don't have on hand.

Your plan really helped yall with the surgery and turned out to be worth it. I hope you got good care with it.
Ohhh, so there's no other options? I am very grateful that we had insurance or I'd still be suffering with atypical migraines every day. I seriously cried every single day!
Old 03-24-2014, 01:19 PM   #160
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ohhh, so there's no other options? I am very grateful that we had insurance or I'd still be suffering with atypical migraines every day. I seriously cried every single day!
The are other options like a zero premium with a $6000 deductible or a $50 premium with a $6k deductible ! WTH kind of plans are those ?? Let's say I go to the doctor every 3 months, and a doctor's visit costs $250 out of pocket. That's $1,000 for the year. Even with medicines, I would never reach $6,000. If I had to pay 6 grand out of my pocket, I might as well just pay the doctor directly, who will probably give me a discount anyways for paying cash ! The best plan was $115 per month and zero deductible. But I'm not working yet so I can't do that right now. The dental plans are worse ! They are all capped at $1000 ! What dental procedure can you get done for under $1000 other than 1 filling !!?

I am so glad you no longer have migraines ! I had a few friends who suffered with them and it was just awful for them ! And so difficult to find the right meds.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:24 PM   #161

Quote:
The are other options like a zero premium with a $6000 deductible or a $50 premium with a $6k deductible ! WTH kind of plans are those ?? Let's say I go to the doctor every 3 months, and a doctor's visit costs $250 out of pocket. That's $1,000 for the year. Even with medicines, I would never reach $6,000. If I had to pay 6 grand out of my pocket, I might as well just pay the doctor directly, who will probably give me a discount anyways for paying cash ! The best plan was $115 per month and zero deductible. But I'm not working yet so I can't do that right now. The dental plans are worse ! They are all capped at $1000 ! What dental procedure can you get done for under $1000 other than 1 filling !!?

I am so glad you no longer have migraines ! I had a few friends who suffered with them and it was just awful for them ! And so difficult to find the right meds.
Those options are insane The $115/month sounds about the best though.

And the headaches were terrible! Mine were atypical and caused by a bone spur in my nose. A scan of my sinuses revealed the bone spur. Apparently this was hitting my nerve and sending pain right between my eyes. I need to thank God every day for the doctor who found it! I was on one migraine med and it was scary! I had to lay down for 8 hours if I took it.
Old 03-24-2014, 01:30 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Those options are insane The $115/month sounds about the best though.

And the headaches were terrible! Mine were atypical and caused by a bone spur in my nose. A scan of my sinuses revealed the bone spur. Apparently this was hitting my nerve and sending pain right between my eyes. I need to thank God every day for the doctor who found it! I was on one migraine med and it was scary! I had to lay down for 8 hours if I took it.
Oh em gee ! That is awful ! You had a good doctor because I bet some other docs would have just passed out the meds, hoping one would work eventually.
Old 03-25-2014, 01:58 PM   #163
Major LCF Poster!

I had a busy morning so I didn't do anything except rush out the door ! Last night I had the most delicious burger: I made everyone burgers, mine was bunless with a slice of cheddar, some onions, 2 pieces of bacon and a big spoonful of bleu cheese dressing ! It was so good ! I wanted to eat more but I got stuffed !

I think I am back to loving my fats !
Old 03-26-2014, 07:24 AM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

The whoosh fairy came to see me and took 2 pounds away ! Thank you, whoosh fairy ! So now I am at 213. Only 3 more pounds until I am in the 210s. Wow, it's been many years since I weighed this 'little".

FBG was 155.

Nothing new is going on but -2 pounds is enough drama for me !
Old 03-26-2014, 07:30 AM   #165

Quote:
The whoosh fairy came to see me and took 2 pounds away ! Thank you, whoosh fairy ! So now I am at 213. Only 3 more pounds until I am in the 210s. Wow, it's been many years since I weighed this 'little".

FBG was 155.

Nothing new is going on but -2 pounds is enough drama for me !
Wow! Nice whooshie
Old 03-27-2014, 12:36 PM   #166
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Wow! Nice whooshie
Thanks, AG !
Old 03-27-2014, 12:44 PM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

So this morning I was 214 but I definitely did not get in all my water yesterday. I will do better today.

My fbg was 160 ! Before bed I was 96 ! It is crazy that my blood sugar jumped up almost 70 points ! I did some reading and I'm going to spread my metformin dose around. I hope that will help. I didn't have my BPC this morning and that usually brings me down fast. I actually had a restless night and now that I think about it, that was probably it. I got up a couple of times and couldn't get back to sleep right away. The tv kept shutting off and the silence along with hubby's snoring kept getting to me.

I was just thinking how happy I was last night at 96 ! Double digits, baby ! I wish my body would stay that way ALL day.

I am typing on my new laptop ! Mine died about 3 years ago and this was the first time I could afford a new one ! Yippee ! I don't if I can get my old files from my old one but I will be taking it to someone shortly.

Last edited by shebasmudder; 03-27-2014 at 12:45 PM..
Old 03-28-2014, 07:27 AM   #168
Major LCF Poster!

Today I am still 214 and fbg was 143. Much better fbg numbers. I started taking krill oil yesterday to help with my cholesterol. I think I also need some Vitamin D but I will take that up with my doctor next week.

Everyone will be out late today so I have the whole day to myself.
Old 03-29-2014, 08:27 AM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

My scale said EEEE this morning before giving my weight so I don't trust it ! My ds has been telling me for days he thinks it's off. I will be getting new batteries today.

FBG was 138 ! I'm glad I'm trending down. I'm hoping the fact that I switched the time I take my met has something to do with that.

I'm considering adding 2 more supplements to my life: biotin and r-ALA. Biotin is not only good for diabetes but also hair and nails. My nails have been breaking like crazy. r-ALA helps with diabetes, too, and I believe I have some around here somewhere; hopefully, unexpired.

ALso, I think I could benefit from some Vitamin D. My regular doc changed my appointment to next Friday so I will have to wait until then for new blood work and questions. I'm still trying to decide if I should sign up for "affordable" healthcare. Based on our family income, I don't have to. I managed to find cheaper dental plans on my own and I could just stick with my hospital care since they are nice enough people and the costs are low.

The eye doctor is a dingbat, though. Let me tell you a side effect of all this low carbing and reduction in blood sugars - my eyesight has changed ! It is almost obnoxious because I have been going through this complicated process to get new glasses. Last year, I had an eye exam and was given my script. I am always a cheap-o so I ordered my glasses from zenni. The glasses they sent me I could not see good out of. I am wondering wth happened. I tried to wear them for 3 weeks and then gave up and went back to my old glasses. The next time I saw my doctor, I told her and she said the prescription was correct. So I did some research and figured out she wrote my prescription old school style and no one does that anymore. The prescription should have been converted by the optician. Zenni told me I should have known this. What the ? Since when did I go to school to interpret lens prescriptions ? I still hate them and reported them to the BBB.

So then I ordered some nice frames from the auction place and sent them to replacealens who put the right lenses in. I finally got my new glasses and D'Argo ate them when I left them on the bed ! So I had to order new frames and send them back to the lens place. My glasses come back. I'm driving down the road, and POP ! My glasses break on my face ! I had to order new frames again and send them back to the lens place to be re-done for free.

I mean, I haven't even been able to wear these new glasses for 5 seconds it seems ! Meanwhile, my "new" reading glasses don't work so well. And why, you ask ? Because my bg numbers have changed drastically and my eyesight has improved.

All of that drama and I'm going to need a new prescription the next time I go to the eye doctor.
Old 03-30-2014, 08:43 AM   #170
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know what happened to the scale yesterday but after we changed the battery, it wouldn't light up. So either the new batteries are bad or the scale went bad and the scale is relatively new. I am going to test it again with some dollar store batteries. If it still doesn't work, I'm going to exchange it.

My fbg was 163 ! Not good at all. I woke up with a headache which I still have. Before bed I was 99. Every time I think I have this dawn phenomenon figured out, it throws me for a loop.

I splurged and bought some Swerve to use in baking instead of coconut sugar. I just wanted to see what all the fuss is about. I put some in my coffee and it did absolutely nothing. I hope it does better in baking.
Old 03-31-2014, 10:07 AM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Today my new scale said 215. It's okay. I definitely feel something coming on but I am trying to fight it. PMS is ongoing as well.

My fbg was 166. Which is horrific. I think this experiment with taking my met earlier in the day is a bust. The other thing I was going to try is take my glimepiride with dinner instead of lunch.

I added the fish oil and the biotin. I have to wait to receive the alpha lipoic acid.

I quit the fb high fat, low carb group. For one, it was huge - like 15,000 members. And there were too many rogue characters having cheat days and carb loading days - no one was doing it clean. The ones who were cheating (on purpose) would jump on you if you said anything.

For groups to work well, everyone should be close to the same page !

I'm reading that maybe dairy causes stalls. I may start cutting down on my cheese. It is a difficult concept to give up my cream. Well, there are lots of difficult ideas in life but once I tried it, it wasn't so bad.

And I made eggplant lasagna last night ! It was yummy. I just had a taste for lasagna. I told my son I would make him some low carb lemon bread today with the swerve. So far I am not impressed with swerve.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:17 AM   #172
Major LCF Poster!

Today I was at 215 and fbg was 172 ! Well, this is all TOM's fault !! I've got terrible cramps as usual but am only allowed tylenol which doesn't do shiggedy for my cramps. BG numbers always go up during TOM, unfortunately.

Meanwhile, I don't know if I have a sinus issue, a head cold, allergies or what. But this morning my throat was sore and my head aches, too. I feel a bit congested. It needs to get gone soon.

The problem is it makes me not feel like drinking water. I want some nice hot yerba mate tea and that is not going to keep me hydrated.
Old 04-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #173

Quote:
Today I was at 215 and fbg was 172 ! Well, this is all TOM's fault !! I've got terrible cramps as usual but am only allowed tylenol which doesn't do shiggedy for my cramps. BG numbers always go up during TOM, unfortunately.

Meanwhile, I don't know if I have a sinus issue, a head cold, allergies or what. But this morning my throat was sore and my head aches, too. I feel a bit congested. It needs to get gone soon.

The problem is it makes me not feel like drinking water. I want some nice hot yerba mate tea and that is not going to keep me hydrated.
I hope you feel better! You sound exactly like me I just got over TOM and had the dang sinus issues. I just heard on the news that because of the terrible winter we are going to have the worst sinus season in YEARS. Oh wonderful!!!
Old 04-02-2014, 07:07 AM   #174
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I hope you feel better! You sound exactly like me I just got over TOM and had the dang sinus issues. I just heard on the news that because of the terrible winter we are going to have the worst sinus season in YEARS. Oh wonderful!!!
Thanks, AG !! TOM left you and came right over to my house ! I thought he was supposed to stop at Shari's first !

I never have sinus problems but this thing is weird. I don't sneeze so it's not a cold or allergies. Just congestion and a sore throat. I hope I won't need antibiotics but fortunately, I see my doc on Friday and let her know. Otherwise, it would be another million years before I could see her. I don't even have much of a voice today.
Old 04-02-2014, 07:16 AM   #175
Major LCF Poster!

So, today I am 215 still but guess what ?! FBG was 132 ! I switched my glimepiride dose to night time. I think this will help resolve my dawn phenomenon. Hoping for no more high numbers in the morning !

Plus if I start the day at 132, I have no where to go but down. I love it !

I did a little experimenting yesterday, too. I cannot tell you when was the last time I had bread. Once in a while I might have low carb sesame crackers but never bread with wheat or white flour. Well someone in my diabetic forum told me that TJ's carries a low carb bread - 7 grams a slice. So I decided to try it and test. I had 2 slices. Before bread, I was 115. 1 hour after bread, I was 112. 2 hours after bread I was 134. That is not bad. It's a normal response to carbs. So now once in a while, I may have TJ's rye bread.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:40 AM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

I feel worse today and my weight is up to 216. I will chalk it up to not getting enough water yesterday, having fried chicken for dinner and being sick. I have laryngitis and I have zero voice today.

My fbg was 148 which is understandable due to everything going on. I also had some mashed potatoes with my chicken which is a no no for me and my sugars. Every once in a while it won't kill me, though.

Today I need to stay hydrated. I will probably make myself some chicken broth with cream. I got a new steam mop yesterday for a steal so I'm excited to test it out.
Old 04-05-2014, 02:45 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

I'm back down to 215 ! And my fbg was 127 !! Good numbers this morning !

Yesterday I felt like doo doo but I went to see my regular doc who is the sweetest ! This is just the 2nd time I've seen her but I really like her. She was so happy at the changes in my weight and blood sugar. She did express concern about my cholesterol but I think that was because my study doctor put something in my notes to try to make me take the statin again.

She said I looked fatigued and I told her, yes, ma'am, I am so very, very tired all day long. So she said I should take B-12 and Vitamin D. These things are helpful. And in 2 weeks she is going to do more extensive bloodwork to see if there is anything else going on making me tired.

It could be the metformin which makes me tired. It depletes B-12 and now I am taking a larger dose. So I am going to get sublingual drops.

I got my alpha lipoic acid in the mail yesterday so I started taking that. Anything I can do to improve my numbers and health, I'm all for it. It's kind of exciting to see my numbers going down.

She did an a1c yesterday and got instant result ~ 6.8 ! So I went down .1 in 2 weeks ! By the time I see my study doctor, I should be around 6.6. That's my prediction.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:20 AM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Great numbers this morning - I am at 214 !! and fbg was 130. I had a Wendy's asiago chicken sandwich yesterday without the bread but the breading on the chicken was not a good idea. I know it comes with the option of grilled chicken, but I decided to throw caution to the wind and got the breaded one. The next time I checked bs, it was 150, and my tummy was upset about it, too. If I eat something real bad, metformin will let me know and rebel. So it was good, but not even worth it.

I feel like I didn't eat much yesterday, but that's probably not true.

I had:

BPC and bacon

Wendy's asiago chicken with no bun

Low carb crackers with butter

Peanut butter, cocoa and stevia

So I guess I missed dinner. I barely had any veggies which is not good. Just the lettuce and tomato on the chicken sandwich. One good thing about starting the day with bacon is that you feel full for a very long time. It really is a perfect food.

Still feeling yucky with my allergies. The doc said most likely it was an allergy causing me to lose my voice and to take 1/2 zyrtec since a whole one will put me to sleep. When I go outside, the car is covered in pine needle pollen. Our place is covered by pine trees and we have no garage.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #179
Major LCF Poster!

Great numbers today - fbg was 112 !! Weight is 214 and TOM is gone !

It is raining cats and dogs and DS is on spring break. Hopefully he can help me start my projects for the house. Miss Moya ripped up the kitchen yesterday so she needs to be in a pen asap. I want it to be roomy and comfy for her.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:13 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Still at 214 and woke up with a terrible headache. FBG was 137.

I think the headache is sinuses. I need to take the zyrtec regularly but I forget. I have one trillion pills to take as it is ! I am almost out of prilosec (which is a required part of the study) which is great ! That's 4 pills per day I no longer have to take !