LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2014, 12:39 PM   #121
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Great job on the pound! It all adds up

By chance, are you exercising a lot more? I know if I exercise I lose weight slower than if I don't. I guess it's the whole building muscle scenario. If I lift weights I gain and then I get all depressed I know I'm getting smaller by building muscle and losing fat but I hate what the scale has to say about it.

I saw a picture the other day of 5 lbs. of fat versus 5 lbs. of muscle and WHOAAA I was shocked! The difference in size is unbelievable! The muscle was soooo much smaller. I need to start lifting again, at least for my flabby dabby arms
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2014, 10:53 AM   #122
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
I say whatever works to get us motivated is the thing to do. I drink about 12 glasses of water per day to keep that fat flushed out! Or at least I hope that's what it's doing. My weight loss is always better when I am drinking that much water.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:07 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Great job on the pound! It all adds up

By chance, are you exercising a lot more? I know if I exercise I lose weight slower than if I don't. I guess it's the whole building muscle scenario. If I lift weights I gain and then I get all depressed I know I'm getting smaller by building muscle and losing fat but I hate what the scale has to say about it.

I saw a picture the other day of 5 lbs. of fat versus 5 lbs. of muscle and WHOAAA I was shocked! The difference in size is unbelievable! The muscle was soooo much smaller. I need to start lifting again, at least for my flabby dabby arms
I haven't exercised at all unless you count walking around the farmer's market ! It is kind of big, though !

I was just looking at my chicken wings aka arms in the shower and thinking I need to pick up some weights ! I wish I knew where my 5 pound weights got to. They are around here somewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
I say whatever works to get us motivated is the thing to do. I drink about 12 glasses of water per day to keep that fat flushed out! Or at least I hope that's what it's doing. My weight loss is always better when I am drinking that much water.
I am so far behind on the water drinking ! I can't even make it to 8 ! I would probably do a lot better if I at least got to 8.
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:14 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

So today I am still 218 and only got in 4 glasses of water yesterday. I was so sleepy last night I started falling asleep at 9:30 ! I was lucky to get all my pills in before I crashed.

My fbg this morning was 160. I forgot the wine last night.

Dinner last night was a hit with everyone. Pesto salmon and spinach crap. The spinach crap was spinach, sour cream, cheddar and monterey and half a packet of lipton onion soup. Then I made a low carb lemon pound cake with coconut flour for dessert. I am pretty much out of everything - sour cream, cheese, coconut flour, eggs.

This morning for breakfast I made a sausage/egg casserole. It has a stupid name so I would prefer to call it something else. In a pan I put a layer of cheese, then 4 eggs mixed with cooked sausage and a little taco seasoning. A little more cheese on top. I baked it for 30 minutes. It was yummy - everybody liked it.

I'm tired of cooking. I need to think of something easy and quick for dinner tonight.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:43 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

This morning my fbg was 144. Forgot the wine, as usual. Weight is still 218 but guess who showed up today ? TOM. I had terrible cramps yesterday and this morning. I expect a nice whoosh next week when he has left the building !

I mailed off my a1c test today. I'm hoping I get the results before my next doctor's visit.

Last night I made chicken wings for everybody. Today I will throw some oxtails in the crockpot for hubby. I haven't nagged him about his eating lately because I see him drink Pepsi Max (which is sugar free) and he eats what I cook. But then he broke my heart last night when he came home with another box of tastycakes.

I changed my avatar to my puppy girl, Moya. I found this picture of her on my phone that I guess I didn't look close enough at. Shes is such a little devil ! She's the one who opens the fridge, the kitchen cabinets and the dishwasher. A very naughty girl ! She's Sheba's daughter.
Old 03-07-2014, 02:02 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You HAVE been doing a lot of cooking. When I get tired of it all I just make something very simple and quickl I keep chicken, fish, and burgers in the freezer for a quick meal. I also love my crockpot and use it at least once or twice oer week. It makes things so much easier to already have my meat cooked.
The way I get my water in is to measure it out in a mason jar(I use a half gallon one) and I fill it up the night before. It really has helped me with my weight loss. I know when I haven't drank enough because my weight will stall every time.

Hope you feel better soon,

Dieting is hard;being fat is hard; choose your hard.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:07 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You HAVE been doing a lot of cooking. When I get tired of it all I just make something very simple and quickl I keep chicken, fish, and burgers in the freezer for a quick meal. I also love my crockpot and use it at least once or twice oer week. It makes things so much easier to already have my meat cooked.
The way I get my water in is to measure it out in a mason jar(I use a half gallon one) and I fill it up the night before. It really has helped me with my weight loss. I know when I haven't drank enough because my weight will stall every time.

Hope you feel better soon,
I love my crockpot, too ! I usually make stuff for hubby in it. I need more recipes but I am burned out with all the planning and prep. I have to consider what my kid likes and coordinate that with low carb and then cook what hubby likes. It's just not anything I like to do.
Old 03-08-2014, 11:25 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

I am down another pound today ! 2 more and I will be back to 215. If I can lose 2 more before my next doctor's visit, I will be happy.

FBG was 145, forgot the wine. I might as well not mess with it. Tomorrow I am going to start upping my metformin by 125mg. The thing is, metformin is really hard on my digestive system. So if I need to take more, I have to do it gradually, 125mg per week. I should be at an extra 250mg by the time I see my doctor, who will then tell me it's okay to add an extra 500mg. If I just took the 500mg extra right off the bat, I would be in the bathroom all day.

Last night I baked chicken thighs with a greek yogurt/parmesan sauce. We also had some broccoli fritters. I used oregano which I figured out I don't care for so much. My kid loved it. This morning I made oopsie rolls for the first time. That was some work ! But they taste great and not eggy. My ds loved them. He wants more.

We are going to work on making the perfect low carb pizza crust this weekend.

I logged my measurements online. So before my next doctor's visit, I will log them again and report any losses.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:43 PM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I tried taking metformin at one time and I was completely miserable. I couldn't be far from a bathroom because when I had to go...I had to GO! I finally gave up on it. Thankfully I don't need it now anyway.

I made oopsie rolls this week too. I tried them a long time ago and didnt care for them but since I have been at this for a long time now I decided to revisit them. I love them! I split one in half, put some American cheese on it, toast it up and add my turkey bacon and egg. It's so good! My next batch I am going to add in one tbsp of unflavored whey protein powder and use mayo instead of cream cheese. I read that the protein powder will help it be a bit more stable.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I tried taking metformin at one time and I was completely miserable. I couldn't be far from a bathroom because when I had to go...I had to GO! I finally gave up on it. Thankfully I don't need it now anyway.

I made oopsie rolls this week too. I tried them a long time ago and didnt care for them but since I have been at this for a long time now I decided to revisit them. I love them! I split one in half, put some American cheese on it, toast it up and add my turkey bacon and egg. It's so good! My next batch I am going to add in one tbsp of unflavored whey protein powder and use mayo instead of cream cheese. I read that the protein powder will help it be a bit more stable.
Yes, that is totally how metformin and I started out ! I would try so hard ! I would take immodium for weeks but when I stopped, it was back to the bathroom ! So I gave up and would try again. But the gradual method finally worked. Lord help me if I ever miss a dose !

I'm guessing berberine does not cause any diarrhea ?

I'm going to go find a whoopie pie pan today. DS wants oopsie rolls for breakfast. I'm going to slip some to DH, too. I read in the recipe thread abut using mayo instead of cream cheese. I'm writing down these things as I try to finish the thread - it's close to 50 pages now ! People have really gotten creative with the cakes and creme pies and waffles - lol !
Old 03-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

So today I am at 217.0. This is great. I am this close to being back where I should be.

FBG was 145. It seems like I'm even-ing out. Today I am adding a teensy bit more metformin. It may make a difference.

I made a major victory today ! DH agreed to keep a pack of Pepsi Max in his closet instead of regular soda ! I found out DS has been sneaking sodas while he is supposed to be eating low carb with me. Now there will be no sugary soda in the house at all !! I am so happy !

I'm going out in the beautiful sunshine and do some shopping !
Old 03-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Still at 217. I failed yesterday in the water department.

I didn't get enough sleep last night so fbg was 161. I wish I could go back to sleep but it's too late for that.

I found a mini pie pan to make my oopsie rolls. I also picked up a mini loaf pan that was on clearance. My goal is to make hubby some sugar free low carb twinkies. He looked so sad when I told him. I explained to him we would try to find a recipe he likes.

We finally found a low carb pizza crust that DS loves. It was just okay to me but as long as he loves it, that's cool. I prefer my pizza with the cauliflower crust.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was a hectic day from the start so I didn't do fbg and forgot to weigh. But this morning I weighed 216 ! only one more pound and I will be back to my lowest this year ! I hope I can lose another pound or two before my next doctor's visit, just so my doc can be proud of me !

I forgot to do fbg but I was at 125 after my morning coffee.

My doc finally called me yesterday afternoon to tell me my a1c for February was 7.4. Meh, it gave me no thrills. I am more excited to get my results from the kit I mailed off last week. My a1c in January was 8.1. The doc said it shows I almost have my diabetes under control. Uggh. No, it means my average glucose readings per day over the previous 3 months (more weight is given to the last month in the calculation) is 186 . It's gotten better but it's not fantastic. I'd like to be in the 6's even if it's 6.9, thank you.

So now on to meds. I have been increasing my metformin a tiny bit this week and I actually FEEL a difference. Metformin's influence on hormones is exactly what I need. I haven't felt like this in many, many months. I can only imagine how much my life is going to improve with just a little more met !

I am pretty convinced I do not have the device. My numbers and weight loss just don't support it, IMHO.

I'm starting to think about what happens after the trial. Especially if I don't have the device. I'm hoping my bg numbers will continue to improve but I would love to lose weight. I have a stockpile of byetta in my frig. Hopefully it won't expire by then. I am not sure I will accept the device, even if it's free.

That's all the news for today other than my depressing battle with the marketplace. Trying to get coverage is a nightmare and the whole process is depressing thanks to my state. I have an appeal in process and I just found out they are going to schedule a hearing. If I didn't need it, I would just give up, that's how frustrated I am today. But I need it badly, especially the dental. So I sit and wait for them to get their act together.

I wish I had my adjuster's license already. Then maybe I could budget for health insurance and specifically dental first. The car needs some repairs and of course, my ds needs more clothes. I have my state to thank once again for the delays. When ds goes to college, I would love to leave Georgia. I just need to get DH on board.
Old 03-13-2014, 07:45 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

(((HUGS)))) sorry you are having such a bad time.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:58 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
(((HUGS)))) sorry you are having such a bad time.
Thanks, cfine ! After I wrote that, I realized I was in a really bad mood. Today is a new day !
Old 03-13-2014, 09:09 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Still 216 but that's okay. I don't expect to lose a pound everyday.

My fbg was 134. yesterday my eyes were bothering me from allergies so I took a zyrtec and I ended up going to sleep ridiculously early. Maybe around 9 pm ? I obviously needed the rest but those zyrtecs are dangerous stuff ! I know benadryls knock me out but I never did that with a zyrtec before.

I made some oopsie danish rolls yesterday and I ate most of them ! I put a cream cheese sauce and some sugar free strawberry jam on them. DS loved them, too.

I'm probably going to make something with my home made almond butter and chocolate today. I'm going to make a tuna melt today on an oopsie roll for lunch.

I had bought some pork rinds to try in an almost like fried chicken recipe but DH ended up eating them. I'm ticked because he also had a bag of barbecue chips. Everytime he picked up his chip bag and started munching next to me, it triggered me to have some chicharrones and then he had his hand out for them, too ! He finished my bag last night. Too bad DS does not like them.

I bought Peace, Love and Low Carb's cookbook today. It's on sale and I already know I love a bunch of her recipes. Plus I had an amazon gift card so that always helps.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:18 PM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Oh my! Nothing makes me more mad than when someone eats my food when they have something they can eat and I can't. It makes my blood boil. I get mean about stuff like that.
That homemade almond butter is dangerous....jut sayin'
Old 03-14-2014, 06:55 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Oh my! Nothing makes me more mad than when someone eats my food when they have something they can eat and I can't. It makes my blood boil. I get mean about stuff like that.
That homemade almond butter is dangerous....jut sayin'

I can't get too mad, because he is gradually changing his eating habits. I would rather he eat up all my low carb treats than have to give him insulin shots or test his fbgs. But really, how are you going to eat your chips and then MY pork rinds, too !? just greedy !!
Old 03-14-2014, 07:16 AM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

Still 216. I swear my body just loves this weight. I may do a fat fast (cfine ) if I stay here much longer. Why not ? I want to lose weight ! I want to get off the blood pressure meds ! I will start planning my fat fast for tomorrow.

Fbg was 151.

I got the results from the home a1c kit and it was 7.3. So I have to change my attitude about this. On 1/14/14, my a1c was 8.1. on 2/18/14 it was 7.4 (a difference of .7). On 3/6 it was 7.3. I think the way it is going, when I get tested again next week, I should be at least 6.9. 6.9 means I average 168 per day. I am averaging less than that but it takes a minute for my blood to catch up because the test looks at the previous 3 months. When I look at the big picture, I have come down pretty well in just a month. Most of the time, you get an a1c every 3 months so I would have seen what would look like a bigger drop: 8.1 to 6.whatever.

I was so brave yesterday ! I tried on my size 18 old navy jeans. Oh, how I missed these comfy, soft jeans ! I managed to get them on AND zip them up ! Alas, all my belly fat fell over the waist line in a very unappealing manner. Not too long ago, I couldn't even zip them up. I am really close to getting back into them !

I read a blog called Two broke Low carbers once in a while. They call them "motivation jeans". The girls bought jeans that were really small and try them on every two months to see how high they can get them on. I think this is awesome motivation. Especially if the scale doesn't move like you want it to.

So it's time to do something different. Tomorrow I will start a fat fast and today I will prepare.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:34 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

This morning the scale said 217.0. Whatever ! I'm on a fat fast for the next 5 days ! I read this girl's blog on another site and she did it and lost 15 pounds ! Now that's what I'm talking about ! I will be following her plan to the letter. I read the living la vida guy's fat fast plan and seriously, dude expects us to eat pate and caviar everyday ?

My fbg was 134.

Today's menu looks like this:

Bullet proof coffee (all I did was add butter to my usual coffee/cream with coconut oil and blend)
4 slices of bacon

Marscapone and cocoa pudding

Tuna/Mayo

Chocolate Shake (cream, cocoa and ice)

Avocado
Fat Bomb (coconut oil, almond butter, cocoa)

Have a great weekend !
Old 03-16-2014, 11:16 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

So today I am down 1 pound !

FBG was 137.

Around 4 pm yesterday I was real hungry and I was thinking to myself, this is HARD. I had a fat bomb and was still hungry. I had an avocado and then about an hour later, I was full. In fact, we went to the movies and DH and DS had food but I wasn't even hungry.

Before bed, I had 2 mozzarella string cheeses and that was that. I never made the pudding or the chocolate shake.

DH has forgotten all about changing his eating habits. Instead of soda, he buys juice and fills up a big jar of it and he eats at least 3 servings of tastycakes per day plus potato chips.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:02 PM   #142

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
Wow that is wonderful!! Down a pound and better FBG. Sorry your hubby is still not with the program.. but what can ya do?

You are going to do this for 5 days? Awesome!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 12:29 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb294evr View Post
Wow that is wonderful!! Down a pound and better FBG. Sorry your hubby is still not with the program.. but what can ya do?

You are going to do this for 5 days? Awesome!!
Thanks, Deb ! I don't know what to do with him. I guess all I can do is pray.

I'm doing the fat fast for 5 days ! I can do anything for 5 days (that's what I'm telling myself, anyways).
Old 03-17-2014, 07:52 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Today I am down another pound ! Now I am at 215 and am ready to lose some more weight !

FBG was 156.

Let me tell you, this fat fast is not easy. It is dull and I have hunger at times. I hate to feel hungry. It's not that I have to feel hungry, because I can just go eat something, but the feeling itself bothers me. That's why it is so good that it is only 5 days long. I will probably gain some of the weight back from what I have read BUT the important thing is to break the stall.

I also read that once I reach goal weight, I may need to increase my carbs to keep my bg numbers stable. I've been reading that a lot of diabetics need around 40-60g carbs per day for optimum numbers. That's something to consider. During my LCHF days, I usually stay under 30g carbs per day.

DH & I agreed to make some changes to our home so I'm going to have some big projects coming up. This will keep my mind off of the things I'm waiting on like my license and healthcare. I am going to build a pen for Ms. Moya so I can have my kitchen back and keep her sneaky, busy paws out of the sink, frig and the dishwasher ! Sheba and Mario will have their own room. I may let Dargo run free as long as he is not able to open the frig either. I don't normally make furniture, but I haven't been able to find a dog pen big or strong enough to hold her. So I've been looking on pinterest and the internet to get ideas and I designed my own pen. I will take pictures when I finish.
Old 03-18-2014, 09:42 AM   #145

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Great job sticking out your stall! Hoping you get to see some virgin territory today. You got this!!!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 02:41 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Great job sticking out your stall! Hoping you get to see some virgin territory today. You got this!!!
Thanks, AG !
Old 03-18-2014, 03:49 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

So today I forgot to do fbg but I did weigh and I lost 2 pounds !! Not only that, but the scale said 213.0 !! So tomorrow I should be at 212 ! Unbelievable ! I am very excited !

Especially since I am running out of steam on this fat fast ! I literally feel grossed out by it. I've been dreaming about a nice juicy steak ! Last night I had some cream cheese with pork rinds. At first it was kind of yummy but then I was feeling disgusted with it. I don't know if I will ever love cream cheese or avocados again. And today I absolutely hated my mozzarella cheese sticks. What will I do without my avocados, cream cheese and cheese !?!

I read some other fat fast recipes and decided to try a few different things. I had my bacon and mozzarella today but I also cooked some mushrooms in the bacon fat. Then I made an onion/clam dip with sour cream, a little lipton onion soup packet and clams. That broke some of the monotony. I hope I don't get sick of my chocolate shake. I have just one more day to go !

So I saw my doctor today and he was very happy with me ! He said I lost the most weight out of all his patients ! Does that make me think I have the device ? No. I attribute my weight loss to the initial liquid diet and eating LCHF.

He said some of his patients have gained weight ! Oh, my ! I feel bad for him. I got him to agree to let me up my metformin another 500mg. I believe this is going to help me and my hormones out. I don't see him for another 5 weeks but at that time, I can discontinue taking 4 of the pills he has me on. Yippee ! I hate taking all those pills.
Old 03-19-2014, 07:55 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Oh, dear, I did not get all my water in yesterday and now I am up a pound ! This water thing is really a problem for me. I think I will go buy one of those huge water containers today to make it mentally easier.

I forgot to do fbg but right now after my BPC, I am at 115.

This is the last day of my fat fast. I am very happy about that. I really don't want to get sick of my favorite fats !

It's been 2 months since I started this woe and so far I have lost 16 pounds, and reduced one diabetes medicine in half. The one I reduced is the one that messes with my pancreas so that is the best situation. The other one I am increasing but only because of its effect on my hormones. Overall, I think I am doing well and am happy with my progress. Especially since I find LCHF so easy to do once I got my macros figured out.

And DS has lost 6 pounds !! He is very happy with himself. The only day he was discouraged was PI day when everyone at his school was eating pie in celebration. All we need is for DH to get on board.

Last edited by shebasmudder; 03-19-2014 at 07:56 AM..
Old 03-20-2014, 09:42 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

I am so disappointed in the scale today ! I am up 2 pounds to 216 !! :eek!:

I did a lot of cooking yesterday and by evening time I was HUNGRY ! I made a delicious chicken dijon with mushrooms and artichokes from peace, love and low carb. My son had some but I ate the rest. Then I baked a low carb pumpkin cake. I had a small piece with some cream cheese. Everything I had was low carb but I definitely overdid it with the chicken. It was yummy.

My fbg was 144.

So on to the GOOD news. My doc just called me and said my new a1c is 6.9 ! I know he is ecstatic, well so am I. I am .3 points away from DH, believe it or not, and he isn't even diagnosed ! My fbg for 3/18 was 127 after my coffee. He was concerned about my cholesterol numbers which were high. I told him I had stopped taking the statin and he wanted to discuss why I should. Well, I'm not taking another statin EVER (too many crazy side effects). Plus the one I stopped taking recently actually lowered my GOOD cholesterol ! Bump that.

I joined a ketogenic diabetics group on fb so hopefully they can help me with my weight. I probably am expecting too much. This is the problem with rapid weight loss. You expect it to continue indefinitely and then you feel so bad when it doesn't.

Here's more good news: I measured myself 2 weeks ago and I actually lost an inch around my waist ! I lost half an inch on my hips. I was surprised about my waist but I am glad ! This is where all that bad, unhealthy fat is.
Old 03-20-2014, 10:21 AM   #150

Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
The scale is a liar!!! you know you are doing well, and the measurements are going down. Plus you are doing better health wise! This is wonderful!

Congrats to your son too! I don't think I could ever get my kids on board, they are so tempted away from home.. So YAY for him!!!
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote