Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2014, 04:05 PM   #91
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrielyn View Post
Hi. I've been reading your journal and we have some similar problems. I thought you might enjoy my crackers, I've never had them raise my blood sugar and I like them (and others like them) a lot. I've posted it so that if you are interested it is here and if you aren't please accept my apolgies for posting where I shouldn't have.

Crackers

1/2 c. almond meal (flour)
1 c. sesame seed
1/2 c. flax seed
2 T. psyllium husks
1/2 t. salt
1.5 c. water

Measure out and stir in bowl. Let sit for 5 minutes or so. Spread thinly on Silpats (or on parchment paper) on two cookie sheets. Cut with pizza cutter into squares. Bake at 325 for 45 minutes, pull out and flip and bake again for about 45 min. at reduced temperature. Let cool and break into crackers. If very thin, may not need so long. Store in closed containers.

1 carb or less per each.

These can burn easily so put them in for the first 30 minutes and then check. Once they’ve been flipped turn the oven down to 250° and leave them for another 30 minutes and then turn the oven off but leave the crackers in if they need to crisp up some more.

Store in an air tight container.

I sometimes add dry Hidden Valley Ranch, or garlic/onion powder. If there is a cracker flavor you like should work. I’m thinking about using chicken broth one day for the water but will probably have to figure on eating quicker or refrigerating.

Keep on keeping on!!!
Thanks for the recipe ! I love to try new things. Where do you get the psyllium from ? I have seen it at Trader J's but I'm not sure if it was actual husks. Adding a ranch flavoring sounds yummy ! I will let you know when I try it. I still have a box of Sesame Rykrisps to finish off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrielyn View Post
I agree with your rant. If eating certain foods has caused our problem then doesn't it make sense to quit eating those foods instead of introducing something else into the mix. I don't think there is anything wrong with taking insulin but not if eliminating the foods will prevent it.

Carolyn
I was just reading today where one of the perpetrators was saying he didn't need to know all the nutritional details of what's in his food (the White House is planning on making companies change labels to accurately reflect serving size). He is so sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrielyn View Post
Welcome to the crazy world of diabetes . Just when you think you have it figured out, it changes the rules on us.
Thanks ?
__________________
My Journal: Shebasmudder
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2014, 06:44 PM   #92
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
cfine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,973
Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
I'm so sorry about your continued high BS readings. Can you possibly switch to some insulin while in your medical study? From everything I've read, the key to getting the weight off is to get your BS down to a more normal range. It seems that the meds aren't doing it for you. I may have already mentioned this, but I would be doing something different with those readings. Btw, congrats on the one pound loss! Every pound counts!
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:54 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 301
Gallery: carrielyn
Stats: 186/177/140
WOE: SBD
Start Date: restarting 1/18/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Thanks for the recipe ! I love to try new things. Where do you get the psyllium from ? I have seen it at Trader J's but I'm not sure if it was actual husks. Adding a ranch flavoring sounds yummy ! I will let you know when I try it. I still have a box of Sesame Rykrisps to finish off.
I was just reading today where one of the perpetrators was saying he didn't need to know all the nutritional details of what's in his food (the White House is planning on making companies change labels to accurately reflect serving size). He is so sad.
lol:
I bought mine from Whole Foods but I've seen it at the large grocery stores also.

I saw that about the labels on this morning's news.
carrielyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 10:58 AM   #94
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,209
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
Thanks ! He'll be 17 in May. Wow, your son is TALL ! But then so is your hubby, right ? DS is 5'11". We are very nerdy over here but I had him in sports at the Y and the park all his life. He decided his favorite sport is Ultimate Frisbee. I didn't know it was a real sport until I saw it on ESPN. This year he is Varsity. At least it keeps him running !

I wish I had a young metabolism, too !
That sounds cool! My DS would probably love it!!!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #95
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
I'm so sorry about your continued high BS readings. Can you possibly switch to some insulin while in your medical study? From everything I've read, the key to getting the weight off is to get your BS down to a more normal range. It seems that the meds aren't doing it for you. I may have already mentioned this, but I would be doing something different with those readings. Btw, congrats on the one pound loss! Every pound counts!
There is no way I can switch to insulin. It really isn't called for. Keep in mind that I post my fbgs. A few hours later, I am down to the 110s without meds. What's happening is called dawn phenomenom or liver dump and not every diabetic has it. After not eating for so long (especially during sleep), my liver dumps a bunch of sugar into my bloodstream until I eat.
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #96
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrielyn View Post
I bought mine from Whole Foods but I've seen it at the large grocery stores also.

I saw that about the labels on this morning's news.
Thanks, that's good to know.
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:40 PM   #97
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
That sounds cool! My DS would probably love it!!!
My kid loves it ! He is really dedicated and has joined the national organization.
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:54 PM   #98
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
So today I am still 216 which is okay. We already know my body is resistant to getting past 216. I sat at it for a week as I reduced my carbs radically.

I couldn't do my fbgs because I ran out of strips. I'm about to run out and pick them up. The last time I checked was yesterday around this time and I was 115 so that is a really good number. It's just the mornings that are bad and I already explained why.

I ate a lot yesterday. Some of the stuff I cooked I need to learn to add more fat. So for the crockpot chicken and veggies I made yesterday, I added some hwc to the sauce today. I only had 28g carbs yesterday. I made a chocolate zucchini bread yesterday. Today I had some and added a pat of butter to it. See ? I am learning.

The fam wanted the garlic butter wings again and there were no leftovers. Tyson frozen wings were on sale which I grabbed but they are actually cheaper and fresh at the farmer's market. I'm glad when I can slip them a low carb meal and they love it.

I have come to the conclusion that I should always have fat bombs on hand in the fridge. Also the protein shake cfine suggested to me or bacon and eggs are the best breakfasts. Garlic butter wings are a perfect meal as well. Very little carbs and protein and plenty of fat ! Another thing I realized is if I go to the grocery store and feel hungry, the best snack is mozzarella string cheese. Much better than a protein bar with 10 carbs because the cheese has 0 carbs. I may keep those in my purse.

Last edited by shebasmudder; 02-27-2014 at 01:00 PM..
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:53 PM   #99
Senior LCF Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 301
Gallery: carrielyn
Stats: 186/177/140
WOE: SBD
Start Date: restarting 1/18/11
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
There is no way I can switch to insulin. It really isn't called for. Keep in mind that I post my fbgs. A few hours later, I am down to the 110s without meds. What's happening is called dawn phenomenom or liver dump and not every diabetic has it. After not eating for so long (especially during sleep), my liver dumps a bunch of sugar into my bloodstream until I eat.
Some will have a bite of something, such as hard cheese, in the middle of the night and it helps them with their fbg. If I eat later in the day then mine is higher but if I can be done with eating by 7:00, and if I've eaten clean that day, mine will be down some.

Might be worth a try, once or twice would let you know if it helped you.

I certainly wish you success.

Carolyn
carrielyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #100
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
cfine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,973
Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
I used to get the dawn phenomenon but it finally resolved itself after LCing for a while. I'm sure it will get better with time.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #101
Senior LCF Member
 
imgonadoit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 82
Gallery: imgonadoit
Stats: 160/151.0/120
WOE: keto
Start Date: jan 2014
Hey she!

Hope you had a great week!
I have a question for you... how do I add my journal link to my signature with just the title without the whole address showing? I'm so lost. I can't seem to figure it out. I want my signature to be all pretty like yours. Help!

Last edited by imgonadoit; 02-28-2014 at 08:58 PM..
imgonadoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:33 PM   #102
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrielyn View Post
Some will have a bite of something, such as hard cheese, in the middle of the night and it helps them with their fbg. If I eat later in the day then mine is higher but if I can be done with eating by 7:00, and if I've eaten clean that day, mine will be down some.

Might be worth a try, once or twice would let you know if it helped you.

I certainly wish you success.

Carolyn
Hi, Carolyn ! I've tried cheese, other proteins and none of that worked. However, I used to have a little red wine and that helped. Now I can never remember to get it !

Thanks !
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:36 PM   #103
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
I used to get the dawn phenomenon but it finally resolved itself after LCing for a while. I'm sure it will get better with time.
I think it will, cfine. I've only been LCing like I should for the past month and half. My poor liver is trying to figure out what I'm doing.

That 180+ reading could have been the backup meter. It's a different brand and really, really low budget.
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:37 PM   #104
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgonadoit View Post
Hey she!

Hope you had a great week!
I have a question for you... how do I add my journal link to my signature with just the title without the whole address showing? I'm so lost. I can't seem to figure it out. I want my signature to be all pretty like yours. Help!
Thanks, IGDI ! Just substitute the url for regular words inside the brackets.
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:51 PM   #105
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
So yesterday was a busy day and I didn't make it in here. My fbg was 143. Not too bad. I'll take it over 180 any day !

Today I missed my fbg but after my coffee w/ coconut oil and hwc, I was at 124 (that was before I took my meds). I usually wait until I have a full breakfast to take my meds).

I am at 217.0. I don't like it too much but my size 20 jeans are really loose and they weren't before when I first landed on 216. I may become brave and try on a pair of 18s and see if they will be good to me. I'm scared, though.

Does anyone tell their SO how much they weigh ? I don't and I don't think he's ever asked. I would never tell him. As long as he weighs more than me, we are cool.
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:17 PM   #106
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!
 
cfine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 3,973
Gallery: cfine
Stats: 276/221/199
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: April 2012
My hubby knows how much I weigh. He has always supported and loved me no matter what and I trust him enough to never say something hurtful or mean. He has always weighed less than me but we are neck and neck right now. I am so happy to almost be smaller than him for the first time in 22 years.
cfine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:59 PM   #107
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfine View Post
My hubby knows how much I weigh. He has always supported and loved me no matter what and I trust him enough to never say something hurtful or mean. He has always weighed less than me but we are neck and neck right now. I am so happy to almost be smaller than him for the first time in 22 years.
You are a lucky girl, cfine ! He sounds so sweet !
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 05:26 PM   #108
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
This morning I stepped on the scale and it said 219 ! WT ?? I hope it just needs new batteries because I just will not accept that !

My fbg was 161. Meh. Last night I was 105.

I cannot even believe that my doc still does not have my a1c results yet ! It's almost time for my next appointment ! I am thinking about getting one from Walmart but you have to mail it off and that may take just as long.

I'm also thinking about ordering a blood ketone meter. I want to make sure I am in ketosis. The strips are expensive but I just want to make sure I am eating the right percentages.

I've been cooking a lot lately since my kid is eating low carb. I made him ham cups for breakfast (ham in a muffin tin filled with cheddar and egg/hwc). For lunch one day I made coconut flour flatbread which tasted kind of egg-y. We put mayo, pesto, cheddar and turkey on it. That made it better. For dinner I took thin chicken breasts and stuffed them with 2 tbs sour cream, 2 tbs mozzarella and 2 tbs pesto mixed together. Then I used toothpicks to roll them, dipped them in eggs, rolled them in parmesan/almond flour and baked them. Side dish was parmesan and cauliflower baked. For dessert we made strawberry lime ice cream with frozen strawberries, lime juice and hwc. I made some low carb bread today with almond flour. It was delicious with some butter ! I made some lemon fat bombs and froze some pineapple chunks for Dole Whip which I'll make later. I've got more cooking to do ! I made sure to get lettuce and Marie's Chunky Bleu Cheese dressing. I also found a simple delish avocado snack - just add a tablespoon of soy sauce and a tablespoon of lemon juice to it. Now I am making myself hungry !

Now for some really bad news. My dh got his lab results back from the VA and he asked me to look at them. His a1c is 6.6 ! Last year they told him he was pre-diabetic and he ignored them. He hasn't been diagnosed diabetic but if he doesn't change, with another a1c over 6.5, they will diagnose him. This man keeps a 24 pack of soda in the closet and a box of Tastycakes on his nightstand. I told him he should just start by cutting down on the soda - only drink one every other day. So of course he drank one today. Hopefully tomorrow he will do all water. He really is in denial and wants to eat what he wants to eat. He refuses to eat any veggies. All he eats is meat and potatoes. I can see the future already: he will be on insulin and guess who will be giving him his shots and calculating his injections ? I am going to suggest he get a pump ! That way it will test his sugar and give him the insulin he needs automatically. I am going to have to pray for him....

Last edited by shebasmudder; 03-03-2014 at 05:27 PM..
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 07:10 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member
 
imgonadoit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 82
Gallery: imgonadoit
Stats: 160/151.0/120
WOE: keto
Start Date: jan 2014
Hi she!

Oh, sorry to hear about your hubby's bad lab results. Men can be so stubborn! Well, hopefully he'll change his mind before it's too late. But it seems like his conditions would improve with just simple changes like you said, cutting down the soda. Those fuzzy drinks are so bad for you that it's mind numbing to think about the ingredients!

My scale has been a foe lately. Retaining a lot of water or something, yes that's what I tell myself. hahaha! But last week my eating wasn't too clean and this week is better thank god! I was just having a lot of craving, perhaps PMS.. and I really had to fight tooth and nail to not cave in.

Hope you have a great week~! And the darn scale goes down for us!!!
imgonadoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:20 PM   #110
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by imgonadoit View Post
Hi she!

Oh, sorry to hear about your hubby's bad lab results. Men can be so stubborn! Well, hopefully he'll change his mind before it's too late. But it seems like his conditions would improve with just simple changes like you said, cutting down the soda. Those fuzzy drinks are so bad for you that it's mind numbing to think about the ingredients!

My scale has been a foe lately. Retaining a lot of water or something, yes that's what I tell myself. hahaha! But last week my eating wasn't too clean and this week is better thank god! I was just having a lot of craving, perhaps PMS.. and I really had to fight tooth and nail to not cave in.

Hope you have a great week~! And the darn scale goes down for us!!!
Thank you, IGDI ! I hope he drank water today.

The scale has been downright cruel ! I think I have not been drinking enough water. I am praying for both of us !
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:28 PM   #111
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,209
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Could you maybe start posting your daily menu so we can see if there are any stallers in there? Also, are you doing induction levels or something else? If you wanted to kick start your losses again, you could stick with just meat and eggs for a few days....
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #112
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
So this morning the scale said 219.0. Boo !! However, I was blocked yesterday and took some medicine last night. It worked well today so maybe that was part of it but I also need to work on my water intake. I think I only had 3 glasses of water yesterday. I really need to do better.

Last night I had about an ounce of some pinot. My bg was 133 before bed. This morning it was 148. I will keep drinking to see if it improves.

I forgot to mention that I told my doc about my high morning numbers and he said the next time he sees me, we will consider raising the dose on one of my medicines. I am all for upping my metformin. The dose I take now barely does squat and I think if I went up to 1500 mg per day, it would resolve a lot of hormonal issues for me. I am pretty sure I am insulin resistant and metformin is the answer. The only reason I never stuck with it before is that it gave me TURRIBLE diarrhea and I do mean TURRIBLE. Then I would quit taking it and try something else. Something else gave me bad side effects. Then another drug stopped working. Then the next one was too expensive and I lost my health insurance. The ones I have been on the past two years don't help if you eat whatever you want so that didn't do any good since I never stuck to a low carb diet long term.

I had a salad with blue cheese dressing today so far. I made some low carb cream cheese "danishes" last night and my kid loved them. He has been doing well low-carbing.

The lemon fat bombs were a fail because I didn't mix the ingredients real well. They needed to be whipped or ninja-ed. The lemon juice and stevita settled to the bottom of the muffin cup in the freezer so the top is pure coconut oil. Good thing I did not make a lot.

There I go making myself hungry again ! Time for some ham and cheese roll ups !

Last edited by shebasmudder; 03-04-2014 at 12:47 PM..
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 12:46 PM   #113
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Could you maybe start posting your daily menu so we can see if there are any stallers in there? Also, are you doing induction levels or something else? If you wanted to kick start your losses again, you could stick with just meat and eggs for a few days....
I'm doing keto and keeping my carbs under 30g per day. I've got a macro I follow - I think it needs tweaking.

This is what I had yesterday:

Breakfast: Coffee with one tablespoon coconut oil and 3 tablespoons hwc, stevita, pumpkin spice (I made this with ginger, cinammon, & nutmeg)
One ham cup (1 slice ham, 2 sp cheddar, 1/2 egg mixed with hwc, baked)

Lunch: Thin chicken breast stuffed with mozzarrella, pesto & sour cream, 1 cup cauliflower baked with parmesan

Snack: 3 low carb crackers with cream cheese (The crackers were 8g carbs total)

Snack: Low carb bread (1 slice with butter), 1/2 lemon fat bomb

Dinner: Skirt steak in butter and grill spices. Avocado with soy sauce & lemon.

Bed: 1 ounce pinot noir

AG - Meat and eggs sounds interesting. Perhaps I should try something different. Except I don't like eggs without cheese. Will cheese ruin it ?

Last edited by shebasmudder; 03-04-2014 at 12:50 PM..
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:06 PM   #114
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,209
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by shebasmudder View Post
I'm doing keto and keeping my carbs under 30g per day. I've got a macro I follow - I think it needs tweaking.

This is what I had yesterday:

Breakfast: Coffee with one tablespoon coconut oil and 3 tablespoons hwc, stevita, pumpkin spice (I made this with ginger, cinammon, & nutmeg)
One ham cup (1 slice ham, 2 sp cheddar, 1/2 egg mixed with hwc, baked)

Lunch: Thin chicken breast stuffed with mozzarrella, pesto & sour cream, 1 cup cauliflower baked with parmesan

Snack: 3 low carb crackers with cream cheese (The crackers were 8g carbs total)

Snack: Low carb bread (1 slice with butter), 1/2 lemon fat bomb

Dinner: Skirt steak in butter and grill spices. Avocado with soy sauce & lemon.

Bed: 1 ounce pinot noir

AG - Meat and eggs sounds interesting. Perhaps I should try something different. Except I don't like eggs without cheese. Will cheese ruin it ?
I know for induction cheese is allowed but Atkins 72 says the cheese with the red wax around it? Your menu looks very tasty but not very low-carb. Are you in ketosis? I have those test strips and mine turn dark purple right now. There's an entire thread on here dedicated to Atkins 72. If I were you, I would start a two week strict induction to get back into ketosis and then start adding in the goodies (LC Crackers, Bread, etc) very slowly. While you are probably low-carb compared to the rest of the world, it seems a bit high to me for losing. Do you count the carbs? Even a week will jump start your losses again.
__________________
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 01:22 PM   #115
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
I know for induction cheese is allowed but Atkins 72 says the cheese with the red wax around it? Your menu looks very tasty but not very low-carb. Are you in ketosis? I have those test strips and mine turn dark purple right now. There's an entire thread on here dedicated to Atkins 72. If I were you, I would start a two week strict induction to get back into ketosis and then start adding in the goodies (LC Crackers, Bread, etc) very slowly. While you are probably low-carb compared to the rest of the world, it seems a bit high to me for losing. Do you count the carbs? Even a week will jump start your losses again.
I'm not doing Atkins. I am totally low carb - I stay under 30g carbs per day. I calculate my menus using the packages and a site not to be named. I am eating high fat. When you use the keto calculator, it tells you what ratios of fat, carb and protein you need to lose weight and that's what I've been sticking to.

I will see if I can pick up some keto sticks but I am planning on getting the blood ketone meter soon. I have to be losing fat because my clothes are starting to hang on me !
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 04:28 PM   #116
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
I got some ketostix from the grocery store. I know I'm supposed to check in the morning but I couldn't wait.

Here's my results:



So, yeah, I am definitely in ketosis ! Now I am definitely not going to buy the ketone meter. I got this ketogenic diet down ! I just need the pounds to come off, too !

Last edited by shebasmudder; 03-04-2014 at 04:33 PM..
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:12 AM   #117
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Gracie514's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 11,209
Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Yes it looks like you're in ketosis. I have no clue why you're not losing I've read that too much protein can cause no loss and even gains but seems like you're okay with that too. I guess you just have to hang in there and the scale will eventually cooperate.
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:17 AM   #118
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
Yes it looks like you're in ketosis. I have no clue why you're not losing I've read that too much protein can cause no loss and even gains but seems like you're okay with that too. I guess you just have to hang in there and the scale will eventually cooperate.
I am going to tweak my macros today. It very well could be too much protein and I probably need to eat more food. I'm also feeling PMS-like today. I feel cramps coming on even though TOM is not due til Sunday. TOM treats me so bad !

Also, I don't drink enough water for sure.
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:30 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!
 
shebasmudder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 1,591
Gallery: shebasmudder
Stats: 230/207/160
WOE: LCHF
Start Date: 1/15/14
So today I am down 1 pound, thanks to more water. I only drank 5 glasses yesterday but that's more than the days before. I think it makes a big difference.

My morning fbg was 181 but after I dropped everyone off and came back home it was 150. last night it was 122. I had some wine and cheese so they didn't help me out this morning at all.

I'm going to do my own a1c test and mail it off. I can't take it anymore. The suspense is killing me. It's possible my doc is hiding it from me until I see him again. I talked to another lady who is getting her procedure next month and we both agree they don't give us patients much info.

Tonight everyone is having pesto salmon and spinach crap (yes, it's a real recipe !). I'm going to make my child a paleo lemon cake. My husband ate up the low carb "danishes" I made. That was good but he still ate a tastycake and drank a soda.

Tomorrow for breakfast I am making an egg casserole with sausage. I haven't had lunch yet but I will probably have another salad with bleu cheese dressing. Marie's is so expensive; I need to save the jar and make my own.

Those ketostix gave me a burst of energy. I feel a bit more motivated today !
shebasmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 11:38 AM   #120
Way too much time on my hands!
 
Deb294evr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Missouri
Posts: 10,629
Gallery: Deb294evr
Stats: 282/ working on it /140?
WOE: seaching for the right plan for ME
So happy you got that burst of energy!!!.. Nothing like positive reinforcement!..
Deb294evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:25 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.