LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2014, 11:58 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bellalinda
Stats: 4'11" 175/165.2/135
WOE: Atkins Induction
Start Date: Restart 1/7/14
Bellalinda's Journal of Accountability

to my journey journal! My name is Belinda, I'm 27 years old and vertically challenged at 4'-11". Once I left home for college back in 2004 at 117 lbs., I have been gaining weight at a steady climb ever since. I reached my heaviest weight of something around 175 this past Christmas 2013, but didn't realize it until I saw this candid photograph posted on facebook from our family holiday pajama-themed party:

I'm completely blocking my 335 pound, 6'-3" husband in this picture. THIS SHOULD NOT HAPPEN, no matter which camera angles or jedi mind tricks were involved to produce this image. I just look uncomfortable... miserable. Double/triple chin, swollen feet, sweating... IT'S TIME FOR A LIFESTYLE CHANGE!

Unfortunately, my year started off with that nasty flu going around; hence the random Tuesday, January 7, 2014 start date. Diet and exercise had to start a few days ahead before I could bring myself to step on the scale. I've dabbled with Atkins every 3-6 months after the start of my drinking days, losing 10 but gaining 15 from carb binging.

When I met my husband in 2008, I weighed around 135 and wore a size 4-6 or 27 in jeans. That's my goal. I still have the pairs of expensive jeans I wore on our first few dates. I want to put those jeans on. I've taken on after his eating patterns/addiction, so he's got some weight to lose as well. He was able to get to his lowest weight of 250 for our wedding day, but I did not have the courage to lose weight too. That is one of my biggest regrets.

As for short-term goals, I have a 36 day goal before our Valentine's Day cruise to lose 15 pounds and be in the 150s! Ambitious, I know. But on my first week of Atkins Induction, I've lost five pounds as of today! The 160s are right around the corner, and I never want to see 170 again.

There's so much inspiration on LCF and I dedicate my Journal of Accountability to all of you. Thanks so much for the head start on so many great ideas and words of encouragement!

Stepping on the scale:
Jan. 7 - 175.2
Jan. 10 - 173.6
Jan. 13 - 170.2

Short-term goal:
Feb. 12 - 159.8

Long-term goal:
At the next holiday party? - 135
bellalinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-14-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

I started the day in fear of a gain...

I stepped on the scale at this morning at 5:48 AM, hoping to break into the 160s. Exactly opposite. With a gain of .6 from the previous day, the anticipated stressful day at work started off with disappointment.

170.2 became 170.8. too much salt or diet pepsi?

So my work meeting was incredibly nerve-racking and normally I would venture toward the most convenient drive-thru restaurant after work for a bout of stress eating. Luckily today, Atkins Induction is on my side and I've curbed all cravings and hunger pangs! I made it through my 50 mile, 1 hour and 45 minute drive home without a single (food) stop.

Came home and stepped on the scale, hitting 168.8! totally skipped 169.

So tonight, my idea of stress eating included a LC lemon cheesecake muffin and a 1/2 cup sugar-free orange jello with a dollop of whipped HWC (just like a creamsicle). Just wanna say, I love having yummy DESSERT options.

Lastly, I do have lingering workout guilt. Last night, I couldn't finish day three of 30 day shred. Though I did go on a two-mile beach walk in 80 degree weather at lunch to attempt a two-a-day, I didn't start with Jillian until 9:30 PM. 15 minutes in, DH and pups were already in bed... and so was I.
Old 01-17-2014, 11:05 AM   #3
Junior LCF Member

What more motivation do I need to workout? Plus... yesterday and today's menus

This the view along my two mile walk/jog during my lunch break. Sure, I can complain about how "hard" (not really-I'm just out of shape) it is to breathe in 83 degree dry heat but really, it's pretty damn perfect.

HOWEVER, 30 day shred is a different story. After a long drive home and cooking a full dinner, I can't find the energy to do 30DS in the living room. I haven't seen Jillian in two days, and sure enough, my weight has not changed IN TWO DAYS.

I doubt the issue is my diet since I've been pretty consistent around 15-20 carbs. I also tend to count calories and stay between 1,000 and 1,200. Here's my first attempt at writing yesterday's menu:

B: breakfast muffin - slice of ham, tbsp of avocado and egg (baked in advance)
S: deviled eggs with mayo and mustard (2 halves)
L: homemade beef patty, cheddar slice, baby spinach
D: diet pepsi
skinless salmon filet with lemon and butter, with S, P and dill
broccoli with 1 tsp crumbled bacon and 1 tbsp fresh grated parm

Today is starting to look like:

B: deviled eggs 3 halves
S: string cheese, diet pepsi
L: leftover salmon filet, baby spinach and two stuffed mushrooms
(stuffed with mushroom bits, bacon, cheddar, parm and cream cheese-higher carbs than I'd like, but I've been craving them! at least they're small and OK for induction)
D: ?? - debating on getting a rotisserie chicken from costco... I'm tired of cooking for now... gotta get home and workout!

I need to take more food pictures to share
Old 01-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

DAMN YOU 168.2! the week two stall...

despite my thrill of weighing in at 167.4 on Sunday, I bounced back to 168.2 today. it must have been the flawlessly homemade chicken wings that helped the broncos win...

today marks the end of week two on induction. we'll see what I weigh tonight.

still dark purple.

still haven't seen Jillian.

still on induction with one off day yesterday - and it wasn't even a cheat, just higher calories than usual... went to one of those all you can eat mongolian bbq places where it's unlimited meat and veggies cooked to perfection! induction heaven! i gorged myself to see if eating a lot would budge my metabolism and weight loss. only gained .6, to see that drop to 168.2 this morning.

so I've decided to keep going with induction, all the way to the love boat (my short-term V-day cruise goal)

159: you are so close, yet so far away.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:43 PM   #5
Junior LCF Member

ah, this concept of not eating enough...

i have to force myself to eat.

it's kind of a surreal feeling that i haven't felt in a long time.

for so long, i've associated BAD food with good times. it's not like i can't have GOOD tasting food in this lifestyle change, but i definitely watch (and count and portion and calculate and evaluate) what i eat with such analysis and preparation... so much that i don't want to eat.

i can't help but think that "not eating enough" is also stalling weight losses. my mini goal was 165 this week, but the scale has hardly moved. also invested in a tub of fiber wandering the aisles of Rite Aid late last night, hoping that will help supplement the daily greens.

so i also wandered onto some guy's article about low carb and paleo:
Low Carb and Paleo: My Thoughts Part 1

don't know who he is and what credentials he has... i just skimmed it assuming he's one of those crossfit crazies. as much as he slams low carb, i'm not an 'athlete' and i'm pretty sure i fall into the insulin resistant category. this article actually affirmed that LC is the right menu right now for my body and metabolism and genetic history... la la la. i've been avoiding the doctor for a few years fearing pre- or full-blown diabetes. maybe it's about time i made an appointment.

my mom's an RN. she always says i'm fat. she also says to cut the carbs and the drinking. guess it's about time i listen.
Old 01-24-2014, 05:14 PM   #6
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyMabe
Stats: 238/226/180
Hi, Belinda! What a gorgeous view you have while walking! I just posted in my journal that I want to try the 30 day shred DVD again. Just thinking about it makes my anxiety level go up. Jillian had to be a dominatrix in another life. She likes inflicting pain a little too much! Good luck to you!
AmyMabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 04:26 PM   #7
Junior LCF Member

i beat my husband.

Quote:
Just thinking about it makes my anxiety level go up. Jillian had to be a dominatrix in another life. She likes inflicting pain a little too much! Good luck to you!
Hello AmyMabe! Thanks for stopping by! I agree wholeheartedly about the anxiety... especially during the 20 minutes where I have to keep convincing myself not to quit, yet it feels so good to finish. I'll be sure to check out your journal!

sooo... I beat my husband! not physically, well wait...not physical harm... I beat him in our bet to lose 10 pounds first! we're both in this diet together but he hasn't been as "into it" with his decisions to consume michelob ultras and not workout.

17 days 'til the love boat. 5 more pounds to go to hit my mini-GW.. any more than that would just be HWC on the cheesecake! (not my birthday, but you get the idea).

also about the love boat, I've spent several hours indulging myself in cruise food menus and forum posts to figure out strategies on how to maintain a low-carb lifestyle while on vacation. this would be a first for me. our past two big vacations have been all-inclusive food fests with unlimited everything... so "getting my money's worth" needs to come in other amenities other than food. for the first time i'm thinking, what workout attire shall i bring on vacation? ick. bleh. WTH.

here's us toward the end of our all-inclusive honeymoon in cancun:

surprisingly we could jump after all we ate. i think i was around 150 lbs at the time... and still overweight then. it would be awesome to get to 150 by our anniversary in march! is it possible?

it took me 20 days to get off 10 lbs. that's crazy! i know, most of it was probably water weight. but this lifestyle is much better than the crazy spiral out of control with no restrictions whatsoever. i could keep this going... i just have to keep fighting my husband when he wants to be BAD.