Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2014, 12:14 PM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: AmyMabe
Stats: 238/226/180
3/7/14 (222.0)

I love that big loss I have after one day of being back on track. Down 2.6 from yesterday! Today has been pretty good. I finally got to go back to work! It really helps to be busy and not have all the temptations around. This morning was busy, anyway. This afternoon has slowed down and I've found myself think about eating just because I'm bored. Thankfully I brought plenty of low carb options for snacking if I need them.

After a week of ice, snow and freezing temperatures, it is a gorgeous day here. 55 degrees and sunny! The weekend is supposed to be even better with a high of 63. It'll feel like a heat wave! I'm also excited because my husband just told me he's (trying) to cancel the trauma class he scheduled to teach tomorrow. I would love to spend the day together!

Day 2:
B: coffee with HWC and SF caramel syrup, 2 turkey bacon/egg muffin thingys
S: turkey pepperoni
L: rotel chicken cabbage stuff
S: string cheese
D: undecided... I asked hubby to grill, so we'll see what he comes up with

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2014, 12:16 PM   #32
Junior LCF Member

I finally made to page 2 of my journal! Whoop whoop!
AmyMabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:44 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Happy Weekend!

3/8/14 (220.2)

So I had to get on the scales twice this morning to make sure that number was right! I ended up eating a ton of food yesterday. It was all low carb, but it was still a lot. I expected to not have a loss just because of that. After I posted yesterday I had an Atkins shake, two boiled eggs, 2 mushroom swiss burgers with veggies and ranch dip AND a low carb cheesecake dessert. Whew!

Anyway, I was very glad to see that number on the scale this morning. Still going strong on day 3. My whole family is home today and I'm trying to think of something fun (and cheap) for us to do. Happy weekend, everyone!
Old 03-09-2014, 09:45 PM   #34
Junior LCF Member

3/9/14 (220.0)

Day 4 of my 30 day low carb goal is over and done. I even managed to eat out and stayed completely on plan. Hopefully I'll get out of the 220's (and stay there) soon.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:10 PM   #35
Junior LCF Member

3/10/14 (220.0)

No change on the scales today. But that's better than a gain, so I'll count it as a win. Day 5/30 went well. I added in some exercise. I did Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD. Apparently I haven't done it since I had my kid. Let's just say jumping jacks are not designed for someone with continence issues. Anyway, I'm proud of myself for doing it.

I tried a new recipe that I found on here tonight. It was really good- ground beef and bacon with a sauce made with sautéed mushrooms, cream cheese, HWC and cheese. Very yummy and filling!

Day 5:
B: turkey bacon/egg muffins x3 (smaller than usual), coffee with HWC and sf caramel syrup
S: 2 boiled eggs
L: 2 grilled chicken breasts
A: Atkins coffee shake
D: ground beef/bacon recipe
Exercise: 30 Day Shred level 1 day 1 with 2.2 lb weights
Old 04-13-2014, 06:27 PM   #36
Junior LCF Member

Carb cycling

It's been a while since I posted on here. I've taken a break from Atkin's. For a little while I took a break from anything that resembled a diet. For the last 2 weeks I've been trying Chris Powell's carb cycling. The first week I lost a little over 3 pounds. Last week I actually gained 0.2 pounds. But weigh in day was also first day of TOM so I'm blaming it on that and pressing on. Today is the first day of week 3 and I am loving it! I'm not losing great big numbers, but it feels like something I can keep up with for a while.

I know there are a few people around here who carb cycle. Hope to gain some wisdom from them!