Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2014, 05:16 AM   #241
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/211/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Thanks, ladies! We're going to the beach this weekend for vacation to celebrate. It's the same place we went for our honeymoon.

---

Uuugh, I am so frustrated today! I did a lot of unintentional exercise on Sunday-- lots of walking, climbing, carrying, lifting, etc-- and for the past two days I have been SO sore. I've been soaking in epsom salt baths and that's helping a little. But as a result, the scale is up. I know (I KNOW) that it's just because I'm holding onto water while my muscles repair themselves... but it's so discouraging to be up two pounds from last week.

We're going on vacation this weekend and I think I'm going to allow myself to eat what I want. I just feel like I need a little break. I've been so on track and so diligent that it'd be nice to relax just for a little while! I think I'll still stick to LC strictly for meals, but I'm going to allow myself to have some little treats. And I'm not going to weigh until next Tuesday! I'm hoping this little break will give me a renewed dedication and energy when I come back from my relaxing vacation.

People are really starting to notice and comment on my loss, so that's been really nice. I'm getting some "you look great!" remarks here and there. But I've been hearing "you're really pale, you need some sun!" even more hahaha. Hopefully this weekend will put an end to that!

My Journal!
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-13-2014, 06:17 AM   #242
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyRen View Post
Thanks, ladies! We're going to the beach this weekend for vacation to celebrate. It's the same place we went for our honeymoon.

---

Uuugh, I am so frustrated today! I did a lot of unintentional exercise on Sunday-- lots of walking, climbing, carrying, lifting, etc-- and for the past two days I have been SO sore. I've been soaking in epsom salt baths and that's helping a little. But as a result, the scale is up. I know (I KNOW) that it's just because I'm holding onto water while my muscles repair themselves... but it's so discouraging to be up two pounds from last week.

We're going on vacation this weekend and I think I'm going to allow myself to eat what I want. I just feel like I need a little break. I've been so on track and so diligent that it'd be nice to relax just for a little while! I think I'll still stick to LC strictly for meals, but I'm going to allow myself to have some little treats. And I'm not going to weigh until next Tuesday! I'm hoping this little break will give me a renewed dedication and energy when I come back from my relaxing vacation.

People are really starting to notice and comment on my loss, so that's been really nice. I'm getting some "you look great!" remarks here and there. But I've been hearing "you're really pale, you need some sun!" even more hahaha. Hopefully this weekend will put an end to that!
Your vacation sounds wonderful!!! I would love to be going to the beach, that's my happy place. Have a great time!!!

As for going off plan, maybe take some LC treats? This is just me, but when I go off plan I feel terrible. My joints hurt, headaches, bloated, etc. Those pesky carbs make me feel like poop Either way, you need to do what's best for you.

Those compliments are awesome!!! You've been working hard!
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:15 AM   #243
Senior LCF Member

Gracie... I know you are right, thank you for pointing that out. I'm feeling a little calmer and better today and I think I was just being an alarmist! The truth is I have felt so much better eating this way that even if I don't lose another single pound I don't think I would stop. I need to get the idea out of my head that eating a bunch of junk will make me feel better/relaxed/happy, because it's just not true! Sometimes I make myself crazy.

--

Today I'm back down to 220.2, and I'm finallllllly starting to get some relief from the soreness in my muscles. Only two days until my vacation! YAAAAYYY!! I can't wait to see my family for a little bit, too-- we're stopping by on our way to the ocean. We might go swimming in the springs near where they live, I guess it depends on what kind of mood we're in after our long drive. I think I'm going to prepare some lc treats to take with me in the car, but I'm not sure what would be good to take in the car for 6-8 hours. We do have a cooler that we could bring but we weren't planning on it. I think I'm going to stick with savory foods for a while. I've been feeling some pretty strong cravings for sweets lately and I think cutting out sweeteners for at least a little while will help me out. Maybe some celery with cream cheese or something. We'll see!
Old 05-15-2014, 05:33 AM   #244
Senior LCF Member

Okay, instead of throwing my hands up and eating everything in sight, I decided to go back through my journal to really remind myself of how I felt when I first started making these changes. Wow! It was really revitalizing to read all the things I'd realized but had kind of forgotten. Especially how empowered I felt by finally taking control of my choices and my body. I don't know why, but sometimes I feel like the scale hasn't moved in a while and I'm just not going anywhere. But when I look at the numbers I've been keeping track of, that's just not the case! I really needed a reality check and I think I'm back on track now. I've already lost 4.2 pounds and my 5th month of LC isn't even over yet-- I'm exactly on track and I don't know why I'm trying to sabotage myself!!

So last night I started thinking maybe I've just gotten into a rut with the foods I've been eating. So I made Linda Sue's alfredo sauce, but added in some bacon crumbles and just a little bit of bacon grease. Served it over a bed of squash and grilled chicken. Oh my gosh! It was so divine! My husband ate two huge bowls of it. And then this AM I'm back down to 219.2. Getting back to my happy place of positive thinking. I guess I need to continue to be more active in rewiring the way I talk to myself.

We're leaving for FL in the AM so I might be quiet for a few days. When we come back on Tuesday it will be time for me to take my 5-month progress pic. Woohoo!!
Old 05-15-2014, 05:38 AM   #245
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 55 pounds down, 95 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Hooray for new food choices! I make chicken alfredo over broccoli quite often. Love it!

When do you post your new progress pics? I look forward to yours!
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 06:35 AM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Thank you! I have been taking a progress pic every four weeks since I started, so my next one will be on Tuesday! That will be my 5 month mark.
Old 05-15-2014, 07:30 AM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Lauren....thank you for finding me on my journal....I did reply but somehow my message got onto another post...mmmm oh well I guess they will see enjoy what I wrote to you lol
Sometimes person family matters do step in our path but for me now I have to leave it into Gods hands...
I know you are going to enjoy your vacation....we enjoyed our last little getaway afew weeks ago and I took some turkey and ham roll ups with garden vegetable creamcheese inside in a little cooler...I also made some pepper jack and cheddar cheese crisps bagged up for something crunchy to go with them...thur in afew little dill pickles and we were set for the road....We ate a lot out but I have learned now I just change the menus my way and it works for me....I feel I can have a free treat and not get carried away but it is always up to everyone ....I have lost my 32lbs so far and no gains so I am learning more each day as I go along...
Have fun on your vacation and enjoy new self you have become....your pictures are so great to see and so much encouragement to us all...

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 05-15-2014 at 07:32 AM..
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 03:53 PM   #248
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone! Back from vacation, and man was it AWESOME! It was sooo beautiful, and I'm sporting a mega sunburn as a result hahaha. I did pretty good while gone-- no major cheats, although I wasn't as strict as I normally am-- and the scale is up a little today. I think that's to be expected after eating every meal out for a few days.

Today is my five month mark! Yaaaayyyy!! I come bearing a new progress shot. I don't think there's much noticeable difference this month.

Old 05-20-2014, 03:59 PM   #249
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 55 pounds down, 95 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Hi Lauren! You are looking beautiful...my goodness. Your boobs look higher and smile bigger.
You are looking so slim compared to 5 monthes ago. WOW! How many pounds now?
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:41 PM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Your looking so pretty...seeing those changes take place now........glad you had a great time on your vacation
Old 05-21-2014, 04:52 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Your face is so slim! Waist is looking great too...congratulations, chica!

Glad to hear you had a great vacation.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:13 AM   #252
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, friends! Partyof7, I'm bouncing around 36 pounds lost.

Sooo stressed lately, agh! I'm glad we fit our vacation in because I'd probably already have pulled all my hair out otherwise. The night before we left for FL our landlord dropped a bomb on us that he would not be renewing our lease, so we have a little over a month to find a new place to live. Cue the frantic searching. His wife has been ill and he decided to rent our house to his daughter so that she could be close by to help, so even though it totally stinks for us, it's just a tough situation all around. He did say he was more than willing to give us a good reference if we need it. This will be the 6th time I've moved in the last four years though, and I'm NOT looking foward to it. I know the Lord will provide, so I'm trying not to put the weight of it on myself. I'm a chronic worrier though so it's hard not to. That coupled with the fact that I just turned in my resignation at work four days before our landlord gave us notice is enough to make me want to scream.

On a brighter note, today I'm at 218.2! Woohoo! Back on the right track. Yesterday we had a potluck at work and there were actually a few LC items. Someone brought the most delicious chicken salad I have ever tasted though, so I mostly filled up on that.
Old 05-24-2014, 06:19 AM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Woke up bright and early this AM, feeling refreshed and like a million bucks. Ahhh, long weekend, I love you! Today I'm at 217.4-- woohoo! Not much on the horizon today except doing some housework and going to look for houses later. It's really beautiful outside so I might read a book on our screen room for a while.
Old 05-27-2014, 04:59 AM   #254
Senior LCF Member

Welp, this AM I'm at 217 even. I'm tired of seeing these same numbers! I do think I'm still losing inches, though. Over the weekend I had to go dress shopping for my aunt's wedding, and I came home with a size 16. I had to pinch myself! When I started this journey I was a size 22/24 and wearing 3 or 4X. Granted, the waist and hips are free so I'm pretty sure I'm still a solid 18 for bottoms... but I had to go down to a 16 to keep the empire waist from being too loose. Woohoo!

Found a few promising rental properties over the weekend, hopeful that we'll be able to nail down something really soon. We've been driving by a few of them every night and we're going to start making appointments to see the inside soon. I'm hoping we have the decision made before my trip to VEGAS, which I'm leaving for on June 13th.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:46 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/183/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
hi Lauren, your pictures look fantastic! glad to see you are doing really well!!

Good luck with your house hunting, I can't imagine moving so many times, I hope you find something more permanent.

Have a wonderful time in Vegas and post us a picture of you in your new dress!

see ya!
wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #256
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Great job! Size 16 is wonderful You are finding much success with this way of eating. Keep up the good work
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:38 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Your doing great Lauren.....praying for your place to rent...The Lord will help you for sure...Don't worry....
We go to Vegas too....we have a timeshare there so we enjoy going ....I enjoy the slot machines for myself and DH enjoys the shows.....so we do both lol.. Have fun when you are there...
Old 05-28-2014, 08:09 AM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Hey Lauren! Just dropping by to say hello -- and wow, you are looking fantastic! You're doing great! Enjoy your vacation.
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:04 AM   #259
Senior LCF Member

Wish-- Thank you! Moving is the WORST, I hate it haha. I guess I should just be grateful that I have a roof over my head, but it does seem like it gets harder every time. We want to move to FL in the next couple of years so buying our own home just doesn't make sense right now.

Gracie-- Thanks!! I really am! And I'm feeling so good, too.

Mary-- Thank you, I appreciate it! I know I shouldn't worry but I'm not very good at "letting go." Even though I don't really have that much control anyway, lol! I have to learn that lesson over and over. I've never been out west so I'm pretty excited! I'm going with my mom and grandma, my grandma is already talking about playing the slots with me. She's pretty spunky!

Bren-- Hey there! Thank you very much!

---

Well, Tuesday I had a super stressful day. One of my friends struggles with anxiety and was having some very dark thoughts. I left work to take her to an emergency appointment with her doctor and then for an assessment just to make sure she is safe. She seems to be doing better now, but I was so worried about her I ended up calling her mom and spilling the beans. I'm glad I did because her mom made her come home for a few days so she can be sure she's getting some help. It was really triggering for me, and when I came home I ate a whole sleeve of cookies. Wednesday the scale jumped up to 217.8 and I had a BANGING headache for most of the day, uuuuugh. Why do I do this to myself?

I got back on track right away and I'm already feeling much better. Took a nice long bubble bath last night. I'm making a purposeful effort to be kind to myself today so I'm not going to worry about my little slip up. This morning I'm back to 217 even and my headache is gone. Yay! Looking forward to this weekend. I'm playing piano for my aunt's wedding Saturday morning, and then Sunday we're having a little get together for my hubby's birthday.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:59 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

It's finally FRIDAY! YAAAAYYY!! Leaving after work for AL to go to my aunt's wedding. I'm very excited to see my family, and to get away for just a little bit. Plus this morning the scale was nice to me-- 216.6! Hopefully this workday goes by quickly so I can be on my way. I need to get my eyebrows done after work... I was going to go yesterday but it was pouring (POURING!) rain when I left and I thought better of it.

Hope everyone's having a good day!
Old 06-01-2014, 07:02 AM   #261
Senior LCF Member

Got back from my aunt's wedding late last night-- wow, what a drive! It took us about 5 hours to get there. Too long in the car! But the wedding was very cute and nice, and I didn't totally mess up on the piano, so all was well!

This morning I'm at a new low! 215.8! YAAAAAYYY!! Also my hubby is jealous of the good progress I'm making so tomorrow he's going to start eating LC too. I'm so excited because it's been pretty tough having his carby foods in the house and trying to stay away from them. We'll see if it sticks though, I have a feeling he's not as committed to it as I am.
Old 06-01-2014, 06:34 PM   #262
Senior LCF Member

Popping in to share a pic of me in the size 16 dress!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02893.jpg (101.0 KB, 16 views)
Old 06-02-2014, 05:21 AM   #263
Senior LCF Member

Well, this morning I had my expected bounce up-- 217 even. I was prepared for that so no disappointment there. I did really well yesterday! We had a birthday party for my hubs, which involved a big chocolate cake. Well, then one of our friends got sick while we were out at dinner, and they ended up leaving to go straight home from the restaurant. Which meant when we got home we had this big chocolate cake all to ourselves. Eep! The crazy thing is I wasn't even tempted by it!! PROGRESS! My husband had a piece, and this morning I brought the rest of it to work for my co-workers to take care of. I have some LC ice cream at home in the freezer that I was planning on having when everyone else enjoyed cake, but I realized last night that I really didn't want any. Glad I listened to what my body was telling me instead of just eating out of habit/expectation.

Feeling really happy and healthy today, albeit a little worn out from this whirlwind of a weekend haha.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:17 AM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

LOVE the dress! You look beautiful.
Old 06-03-2014, 05:24 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, JG! I felt really pretty wearing it! It was only $30 too, so that's always nice hahaha.

---

Back down to 216.4 today! Feeling good and trying to stay positive. Had a little upset last night where I was being very grouchy and impatient with my husband. I'm just feeling the pressure and stress of trying to find a place to rent in very little time. We talked about it and I feel a little better today. Just telling myself it will work itself out and even if I'm not happy with the place we find, at least it would be a roof over our heads! It could always be worse.

Travis (my hubs) did really good on his first day of LC yesterday!! To try and make it as easy as possible for him, I had dinner all ready to go when he came home from work so he wouldn't be tempted to eat whatever was in arm's reach. I just made some easy lc alfredo sauce with pieces of bacon and some grilled chicken. It was very ugly but tasted super good. Mmm-mm!
Old 06-04-2014, 05:50 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Today I'm creeping down a little bit-- 216.2. Feeling a little bit bloated but I think it's because I had some diet soda last night with dinner. Hopefully that will be gone by this afternoon, blech! Still haven't found a rental and I'm getting really really worried about it. I think we might settle for a little apartment soon just so we have SOMETHING. I hate all this uncertainty, it's so stressful. Just trying to stay afloat!
Old 06-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

I can totally relate to your feelings regarding a rental. We're moving to NJ, but haven't been able to secure a home yet either. The place we viewed last weekend actually got snatched up that morning before our lease was submitted. We'd already driven home to VA, and then would've gone w/ our 2nd choice, but the realtor found out that one accepted a lease also!

Sending good vibes your way and that y'all find something soon!
Old 06-05-2014, 05:16 AM   #268
Senior LCF Member

Ugh, I'm sorry girl! That totally stinks! A few that we've looked at have gotten snatched up before we could even view, too. I guess everyone must be struggling to find a decent rental these days. Although now I know if we find something 90% perfect we should jump immediately. Thanks much! Wishing the same for y'all!

---

Today I'm at 214.8! YAY!! It's been really awesome having my husband jumping on the LC wagon with me. No more carby junk in the house! I love it. He's already lost a few pounds too. Hopefully he'll stick with it and get to enjoy feeling healthier like I am. He's very addicted to sweets so if he can make it through the first few weeks without, I think he'll be much better off.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:05 AM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the good luck, chica. I never would've guessed it would be this hard to find a place. LOL!

Congrats on getting under 215! That's great news. I've been constantly wavering back & forth from 213 up to 220, depending on the day. I've gotta get my head back in this!
Old 06-06-2014, 05:19 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Thanks! I can't believe how far I've come... it's totally crazy. Some mornings I really don't feel like I've lost almost 40 pounds, but when I look back at pictures it's easy to see there's a big difference. I can't help but keep wondering where I'd be now if I had started sooner, before I'd eaten my way up to 253 pounds... but I know that's not very constructive, so I need to cut that out. I saw this pin yesterday that said "Be gentle with yourself. You are doing your best," and that resonated with me because I needed to hear it!

We have a few more places to look at tonight. I feel like we're getting close! It would be SO GREAT if we could settle on a place today or tomorrow. I would love to have this all resolved before my 2-week long trip. Otherwise my hubby is going to have to look and pick something out for us by himself while I'm gone, and I don't want him to have to do that.

Still at 214.8 today, waiting for my usual bounce back up. I had a dream last night that I was eating a huge plate full of garlic bread and pizza, LOL! I don't know where that even came from, I haven't had any cravings for that stuff. But it was so realistic when I woke up I expected the scale to be up from my "binge," hahaha. Silly brain!