Old 03-27-2014, 07:46 AM   #151
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
I like your hair Lauren....cute on you and I am do like it when it is easy to keep....Mine is alittle longer now but it is easy to just use my curling iron real quick...One day I will snip snip it again...lol

I am just proud to be where I am now for only being on my plan for 5 weeks...18lbs down... I don't do induction on purpose ...just cut the cals. some and the carbs for sure....I am like you where the scales just keep that jumping bean move up and down .this or .that lol We are close to the same weight but I am a lot shorter..at only 5ft...barely...5ft at that....but it is odd how so many of us women are designed with different body looks...how our weight is in different places...mine are just sorta balanced all over so that helps me alittle to not look as chunky as I am....

Gracie...I like your long blonde hair...I sometimes would love having my brown long hair again...My hairdresser looks to add red to my brown hair but sheeeee gets too carried away so I said slow down...lol Living in the desert when it gets way in the 100s....makes me love short short hair...for sure ....

Well time to work on one of my projects...Have a good day allllll
Thanks! It's not that blonde right now. It's more of a brown with blonde highlights. My hair is way too thick for long hair and I'm thinking of getting a cute shorter summer cut. I've had long hair for YEARS and it's a pain in the butt
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2014, 09:21 AM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ladyinlove56
Stats: Alittle to much for this short gal
WOE: No sugar or flour/LC my way
Start Date: Feb 17, 2014
Gracie....I remember the first time I had real real long hair and cut it over my ears...wow..my hubby the the time was in shock.....we were young...and I told him...you have the headaches I was having and you would have shaved yours off....Ofcourse he had a short cut anyway in the military....I didn't grow it long for a few years after that....LOL
ladyinlove56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 04:52 AM   #153
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/211/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
It's FRIDAYYYY! Yay! Today I'm at 225.6 again. I'll take it! Lots of energy today. I get off a little early from work on Fridays so it makes them even more magical. Can't wait to get home and curl up on the couch with my book. Sounds like we're going to go to the movies this weekend instead of the zoo, and go to the zoo next weekend. I'm okay with that because I'm dying to see Divergent! I read the books and loved them, so I'm hoping I won't be too disappointed.

My Journal!
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 09:03 AM   #154
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: br3n
Stats: 278/225/158
WOE: 20-30 carbs per day
Start Date: 09/19/13
Thumbs up for Friday!!! You're doing awesome, I can't wait to see a 225 on my scale!

I also read the Divergent series, but I'm on the fence about seeing the movie-- let us know how it is. Have a great weekend!
br3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

Wow we are all about the same weight here in places...nice to see how everyone does...My digital scales say 226 this morning but my other old faithful one that is set up 3 lbs higher to start with says 223....I really go by the digital one so guess I will wait on that 225 very soon.....I wanted to be down to 224 before we go to CA next week... Will be doing lots of walking those couple of days....

Have a great weekend...we love going to the movies...
Old 03-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #156

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyinlove56 View Post
Gracie....I remember the first time I had real real long hair and cut it over my ears...wow..my hubby the the time was in shock.....we were young...and I told him...you have the headaches I was having and you would have shaved yours off....Ofcourse he had a short cut anyway in the military....I didn't grow it long for a few years after that....LOL
I keep thinking about cutting it I always pull it up anyway because it gets on my nerves!!! It would probably feel like a new freedom if I did cut it. There's always this part of me that feels that I'd be cutting away my youth - weird I know!!! I've always had long hair but I am getting too old for it!
Old 03-28-2014, 10:40 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyRen View Post
It's FRIDAYYYY! Yay! Today I'm at 225.6 again. I'll take it! Lots of energy today. I get off a little early from work on Fridays so it makes them even more magical. Can't wait to get home and curl up on the couch with my book. Sounds like we're going to go to the movies this weekend instead of the zoo, and go to the zoo next weekend. I'm okay with that because I'm dying to see Divergent! I read the books and loved them, so I'm hoping I won't be too disappointed.
You are doing great! I haven't read those books but my DD really wants to see the movie. Maybe I'll pick up the books and start. I read very fast if it's a good book. I was enthralled with Twilight: New Moon and read the entire book in like 1-2 days I couldn't put it down until Edward came back
Old 03-28-2014, 12:32 PM   #158
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/183/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
You are doing great! have a nice weekend!
wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 12:51 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Well I like the pixie look on Lauren for sure...cute...

Gracie...It does seem you lose something when you have had long hair for along time...I miss my at time...I loved wearing long ponytails but after I hit 60 I wanted a cute short cut and maybe even shorter later...but still some days I want that long pretty hair ...So it really has to be comfortable thing to do...I see older women that look great in long hair for along time...if it is still thick and rich looking...not strinky lol

It is funny how new hair do's or having our nails done or a make over look changes our ways of losing our weight...it really helps...then taking those little funtimes to go out to the movies or alittle mini vacation...Just having some ME time is nice...it makes it worth staying on track with our weight loss plans....

Summer is my next goal
244 242 240 238 236 234 232 230 228 226 224 222 220 218 216 214 212 :heart 208 206 204 202 200 onederland
Mary Frances Goal...to find that Onederland and never to return...
Old 03-31-2014, 04:51 AM   #160
Senior LCF Member

Ugh, well... I fell off the wagon on Saturday. I don't even know why I did, that's probably the most frustrating part! My husband had to work and while he was gone I just kept eating and eating... and things that weren't on plan. I do have a problem with binge eating, but so far into this WOE when I lose control I've at least been able to limit myself to foods that were on plan. But this time that wasn't the case! I was into candy, M&M trail mix, and I even had some cookies. And the worst part is none of it was even that special or good! Kicking myself. Especially because I saw 224 over the weekend.

This AM I faced the scale-- 227.2. Trying not to beat myself up about this too much, because I did get right back on the plan the very next meal, and it IS the first time I've fallen off plan in three months. Drinking tons of water today and trying to put this behind me. I know I didn't gain 3.5 pounds in one day so hopefully I can flush this out and get on with things.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:06 AM   #161

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyRen View Post
Ugh, well... I fell off the wagon on Saturday. I don't even know why I did, that's probably the most frustrating part! My husband had to work and while he was gone I just kept eating and eating... and things that weren't on plan. I do have a problem with binge eating, but so far into this WOE when I lose control I've at least been able to limit myself to foods that were on plan. But this time that wasn't the case! I was into candy, M&M trail mix, and I even had some cookies. And the worst part is none of it was even that special or good! Kicking myself. Especially because I saw 224 over the weekend.

This AM I faced the scale-- 227.2. Trying not to beat myself up about this too much, because I did get right back on the plan the very next meal, and it IS the first time I've fallen off plan in three months. Drinking tons of water today and trying to put this behind me. I know I didn't gain 3.5 pounds in one day so hopefully I can flush this out and get on with things.
No worries! We've all been there. Your plan is exactly right, lots of water today and try to stay very low carb. Maybe do a steak day - you can eat steak for both lunch and dinner. This will knock you back down fast!!! Hey, you've been on plan for months now - one day will not define you!!!
Old 03-31-2014, 10:25 AM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Don't worry we all go thru that ....You got back on track and that is what is the best thing....I am fixing to go off for 3 days and I am preparing with my LC stuff but that doesn't mean it can't happen...I am giving myself one free meal if I want one (I don't call it a cheat meal for I am giving myself permission to have it) but that doesn't mean I will take it but I am mentally ready to get on track the very next meal...life is to short not to enjoy it but we just know we cannot enjoy ALL foods we use to have....we have to be ready to not over do it when we take that free treat or meal...and what happens if we are not careful... For myself this will be alittle longer journey because I don't do the induction or the fast or the low low calories and carbs together...I just stay at low carbs and watch my calories not climb way out there...This must be for me for I am losing just what I am and I want to keep it off not to have those lbs..find me again...
Old 03-31-2014, 01:06 PM   #163
Senior LCF Member

Oh Lauren, we all know just how you feel! You will be fine though, just get right back on and you will do great.

I keep dreaming I ate something I shouldn't have or that I have binged, it is really a strange thing, I must be so worried about doing it. I was a binger too, I hope I don't do that again. I also fantasize about Chinese food, I couldn't step into a Chinese restaurant or there would be trouble. Maybe when I am closer to goal. Anyways, I am sure that there will be a simular episode in my future, we are all human.
Old 04-01-2014, 05:10 AM   #164
Senior LCF Member

Gracie-- Thank you! I like that-- "one day will not define you"-- I'm going to remember that!

Lady-- Thanks! It's frustrating but all I can do is move on. I'm certainly not going to give up just because I stumbled a little. I can't even do planned off days because of my history of binge eating... I can't handle it lol! I would never be on plan if I tried that.

Wish-- Thanks girlie! How did you kick binging to the curb? I think it's probably going to be something I'll always struggle with. Even when I don't actually go through with it, there are days when that urge is there. Part of the issue is that I have severe anxiety disorder/panic disorder, and for years before I was diagnosed I medicated myself with food. I take medication for it now and one of the side effects is that it actually makes you crave carbs.

---

Well, today I'm at 227 even. Gah! I was hoping my mistake would be gone a little quicker, lol. Oh well, I have no one to blame but myself. Trying not to punish myself too much, because that will cause me to lose motivation. Instead I'm focusing on what I've already accomplished. I've lost 26.4 pounds in 13 weeks, and even though I messed up the end of March, I managed to lose 4.6 pounds for the whole month. I've lost 6 inches from my bust, 8.5 inches from my waist, and 5 inches from my hips. I've gone from a size 22 to a size 18! I can walk, stretch, stand, hike, cook, and clean without feeling like my lungs are about to collapse! I got this!
Old 04-01-2014, 08:45 AM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
We all definitely have those moments. I know that I struggle with binge eating sometimes still, but just remember we're works in progress!

What did you think of the movie? My best friend & I saw it Saturday. I thought it stuck pretty closely to the book aside from a few minor points. I need to read the rest of the series! **Side-note: The actor who played "Four"...hmmm.

Have a great day, girly!

Last edited by Jayce; 04-01-2014 at 08:46 AM..
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 09:15 AM   #166
Senior LCF Member

Hey Jayce! Thank you. I thought it was pretty good! I think they changed Tris's personality a little bit, but I think maybe that was to suit the actress a little better so I think it evened out. I'm not sure she could have pulled off Tris's toughness 100% of the time, LOL! And the guy they cast as Four was super sexy! That voice! Ugh.
Old 04-01-2014, 10:20 AM   #167
Senior LCF Member

Hi Lauren!

don't worry about the slip-up, you did the right thing by getting right back on track! That's the important part. Just keep your head up and remember how far you've come! 227 is still a nice number, I'll trade ya!

It's always interesting to watch a movie after you've read the books, Hollywood's interpretation always seems to be quite a bit different than mine. I haven't seen Divergent yet, hopefully soon.
Old 04-02-2014, 05:06 AM   #168
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Bren! I know I should be grateful for how far I've come either way! I agree... I'm always a litttle bit disappointed by movie versions, but I still diligently line up and hand over my money LOL. They did a pretty good job with this one despite some changes, I thought. xD

---

Today I'm back down to 226.6. Headed in the right direction again! Hopefully I'll be back to 224 before too long. I liked seeing that number! I made my own sugar free chocolate chips last night, but they tasted like gasoline! HAHA! I think it's because I used liquid sweetener because the recipe called for it, despite that fact that I'm not wild about the taste. I think I'll try again tonight with Stevia instead. They're still sitting in my freezer despite tasting like tar, because they came out so pretty I'm not ready to toss them in the trash yet.

Hope everyone's having a good week so far!
Old 04-02-2014, 08:25 AM   #169

Nice job on getting back down. Tar chips? They sound awful. I think Hershey or Nestle make a sugar-free chocolate chip that you can buy in bags at the grocery store. I think I've bought them before and they taste good. You'll see 224 again soon
Old 04-02-2014, 08:47 AM   #170
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Gracie! I don't know if it's just my area, but I can't find SF chocolate chips anywhere! They weren't too hard to make... but that might be why they tasted so awful, LOL! I'll give it one more go before I order online instead.
Old 04-02-2014, 10:48 AM   #171
Senior LCF Member

Oh darn! I hate it when I put effort into making something and it tastes awful. I also use the Hershey's SF chips, they are hard to find at regular grocery stores but surprisingly I found them at 2 different Walmarts so far. They have a silver stripe on the box.

Nice weigh in! KUTGW!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:05 AM   #172
Senior LCF Member

I'll have to try that, Bren! I don't usually shop at Walmart so that might explain why I haven't been able to find them.

---

Today I'm at 225.4! Woohoo! Finally recovering from my goof day. Last night I made this super yummy cheesy ranch chicken-- wow was it good! I adapted it from a high carb recipe I found online. I made riced cauliflower as a side. There are no leftovers because my husband ate it all haha! I don't blame him though, it was pretty tasty.

I'm excited for tomorrow!! My bestie is getting her nose pierced and I'm going along for moral support. Then we're getting pedicures. My feet desperately need some attention now that it's starting to warm up outside.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:09 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Cheesy ranch chicken?!? That sounds delicious...would you mind sending me in that recipe's direction?

Congrats on your new weigh-in...great job!

I really need a pedicure myself. I've been slacking on taking care of my feet. LOL
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 10:50 AM   #174
Senior LCF Member

Oh I hear ya, I'm a Target girl personally, but unfortunately WM is more conveniently located with one being every couple miles around here. Ugh. I vowed to never step foot in there again after my phone was stolen right out of my purse. Anyhoo, that's a story for another day.

Congrats on a great weigh-in! That chicken sounds delish!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:03 AM   #175
Senior LCF Member

Sure! The original recipe is here: Buns In My Oven » Ranch Cheddar Chicken

I subbed ground up pork rinds for the breadcrumbs. It was super good! I think next time I might add some bacon in there. Because really bacon can only make it better.

Bren, me too! I love Target. My aversion to Walmart is really more anxiety-related. When I first started having problems with panic attacks a lot of them happened while I was shopping there (too hot, overcrowded, lots of waiting-- eek) and now I can't help but kind of associate it with not-too-great feelings. I can't believe someone stole your phone right out of your purse though, that's CRAZY!

---

Today I'm at 224.4! YAY! Finally back to what I weighed before I ate all that garbage. Went to the health food store last night and picked up a few cans of stevia soda to try it out. I'm drinking one now, it's pretty good! Tonight's the night my BFF is getting her nose pierced, and then PEDICURES. Woohoo! Can't wait. Bye bye, elephant feet!
Old 04-04-2014, 05:21 PM   #176
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone....back home from our little getaway and we had a wonderful time....I was so proud for I did not get off track at all....YEA! I know my weight should make a change in the morning ...we hope LOL...Now what my DH had we will not discuss.... I kept to the cheese burger without a bun, grilled fish and shrimp, taco salad, ( deviled eggs and ham and cheese rollups for the road..) I had one sm..portion of peanuts...that was it...I have never ordered grill fish at a fish restaurant before so I was proud that I am learning to enjoy it...I would have had fried shrimp, FF and anything else that was fried..(Bubba Gump restaurant ).. if I could have had it...but I am learning to make my own menu ....and everywhere we ate I just made my own changes...it worked out great....No snacks were eaten...

Then came home to alittle emergency with my youngest son in Tx...He was in need of help and this what is where I could just not care and have something off track for sure...we have all been there .... but I just told myself ...NO...I just ask God to help me with it and not to take from myself all the hard work I have done to lose....so that is what is going to happen

Last edited by ladyinlove56; 04-04-2014 at 05:24 PM..
Old 04-07-2014, 12:43 PM   #177
Senior LCF Member

Hi Lauren, I am back on the boards. In answer to your question about binging...I am not sure I have kicked it just yet, I guess time will tell. I still tend to do mini binges on "on plan" foods but I am not too worried about that.

I tend to fall into one of either two binging pit falls/mentalities. One is that once I have reached a certain level of success I allow myself a reward of food and then I start to binge for the day or more, thinking that I will get back on plan and it is ok to binge. The other is that if I don't see sufficient progress I get frustrated and think "the hell with it all" and start binging, this can last for a while until I realise I feel like crap and need to do something. I haven't had either of these happen to me since starting this WOE. I am hoping and praying that I don't fall into these pitfalls.

Last edited by wish; 04-07-2014 at 12:45 PM..
Old 04-08-2014, 05:25 AM   #178
Senior LCF Member

Lady, hope your son is okay!!

Hey, Wish! That's kind of my experience. This was the first time I've binged on off plan foods since starting. I have a feeling this is always going to be something I struggle with.

---

Well, I stayed at 222 over the weekend, and then bounced up a little bit per usual. Today I'm at 225.4. Not feeling too great. I missed work yesterday because my anxiety was out of control, and today isn't much better. Trying to suffer through it and hope it'll pass. I'm a little bummed because this is the first time I've had anxiety issues since starting the WOE and I was really hoping it'd be a help. I guess I can't say for sure that it's NOT a help, seeing as I've made it this far incident-free, but obviously I'm not magically cured like I was hoping for.

Supposed to go to the last hockey game of the season tonight... now I'm not sure I'll make it. I guess it depends on how I feel after work. Just trying to make it through today!
Old 04-08-2014, 07:29 AM   #179
Senior LCF Member

Loving the progress! Bounces are normal, don't sweat it.

Hope you start feeling better soon, anxiety is no joke.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:07 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks ... Lauren ....son is ok...we are going to help him out...lol

I know what you mean about the bouncing ....I know that my scales sure like to play that game....up,down,way up, way down....can't make its mind up LOL...I just know I am playing the game on track..mmmmmm