Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2014, 01:59 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/211/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Whoo! I've been gone for a few days-- today is day 3 of being snowed in! I have cabin fever in a major way. I can't wait to get out of the house again. Today I'm back at 236.8-- woohoo! Sooo close to that 235 mark I can taste it. And I realized today that I'm getting close to having lost 20 pounds, which is INSANE to me.
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-2014, 07:27 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! The sun is finally out today-- YAY!! I made it in to work with a two hour delay. I hate driving in this junk though. My FL constitution really can't stand it, LOL.

This morning I'm at 236 even. WOOHOO!! Trying to avoid candy and junk today. I did have one fun-sized snickers last night and I think that was enough to tide me over. It didn't taste as awesome as I remember now that my tastes have changed though. Kind of... chemical-y. Weird.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:33 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

236 even again today, I think. My scale seems to be on the outs. It's a digital one, and the first time I stepped on it this AM it said 234. I stepped on it again and it said 238. Then 236. It was all over the place, lol! 236 even came up the most though so I'm guessing that's right. I guess I'll have to replace the battery or get a new one. Doesn't look like the battery's low, but I don't know what else would make it act crazy all the sudden!

Celebrating Galentine's with my bff today. I'm excited! My size 20 jeans that I just got a few weeks ago are starting to get loose again. Which is a bummer because I love them, but awesome because it means I'm still losing those inches.

My Journal!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:06 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/183/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
Hi! the pizza was great, too great! I ended up eating the whole frakin' thing!

Next time I will be sure to make a little single portion so that I don't get tempted. Last night I tried an almond flour and cheese crust and it was really really good. I was smart and made a mini pizza so I wouldn't binge on a whole one!

Congrats on the inches lost!

I treated myself to 3 nice bra's before Christmas, they were expensive, it seems that I may be needing to go down a cup size soon, kinda good and a tiny wee bit annoying....I understand.

Last edited by wish; 02-15-2014 at 08:10 PM..
wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 05:09 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Uh oh, Wish! I'm sorry! That pizza really is great though. If I didn't have to share with my husband I probably would eat the whole thing too! On the plus side, I found out cauliflower has a ton of Vitamin C so now I make it when the sniffles start going around at work. What recipe did you use for the almond flour and cheese crust? That sounds yummy, too! Bummer on the bras... it's so hard to find a bra that you love. At least it is for me. I'm trying to make mine work for a little bit longer but will probably need to go down a cup size or two soon also. Eek! Well, I guess it's something to try and look forward to! I'll probably have to start selling some of my clothes that don't fit anymore and use the money to pay for new ones.

----

Today I'm at 234.6! OMG! I can't believe it! 19 pounds gone!! I normally would have totally given up on this by now. I am so proud of myself for sticking with it this time. I actually think I can do this. In the past I had just decided that I would always be fat and that was that. But now I'm starting to feel like I really do have some say over my body and it's really empowering. I do have to remind myself that this should be about health though, and not just about weight. I'm a firm believer in health at every size. I don't think you have to be "thin" to be healthy-- but even so, I have to admit I'm enjoying being thinner than I was. I didn't realize how many aches and pains I had before until they totally vanished. I can stand for any length of time now and it doesn't feel like my feet/knees/back are screaming for relief! I can only hope that as I continue on this journey it's just going to keep getting better and better. I'm hopeful and excited about it!
Old 02-17-2014, 05:02 AM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Well, today I'm back at 236 even. Gah! I don't know what happened, I stayed on plan yesterday. I guess it's just a normal fluctuation. Maybe I didn't drink enough water or something. Oh well, I'll take it! Hopefully I see that 234 again because I was super stoked about it!

Not much going today... just the Monday grumpies, haha.
Old 02-17-2014, 05:48 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Our bodies can "gain" weight for different reasons, which is comforting in a rational/logical sense, but I know it's still frustrating for us emotionally.

Keep up the good work, Ren -- your weight will go back down!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:57 AM   #68
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
I agree, don't worry about it! Women's bodies are so screwed up It's probably normal water fluctuation. Did you exercise at all in the last couple days or eat a lot of salt? Just push extra water today and it will be gone soon.
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 04:59 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, ladies! I really don't know what it was, but it seems to have been just water/bloating. It's going back down now. I took measurements today just to make sure everything is on track, and it looks good to me!

---

Today is my 7 week mark. Woohoo! I'm so close to 2 months of this WOE and I couldn't be prouder of myself if I tried. I know if the grand scheme of things that's really not that long, but to me it feels like a great accomplishment. At the beginning of this I felt super intimidated by even making it through the first week. And here I am-- at the cusp of two months. I really think I can commit to this WOE for the long haul.

Today I weighed in at 235.4. The mysterious bloat seems to be on the way out.

Here are my measurements. I think I'm making good progress!

12/31/13
51" - 46" - 51"

1/13/14
48.5" - 44.5" - 51"

1/21/14
48" - 43" - 50"

2/4/14
47" - 41.5" - 49.5"

2/18/14
46.5" - 40" - 48.5"
Old 02-19-2014, 05:52 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Well, I thought the bloat was leaving, but today I'm back up to 236.4! I haven't changed my diet, so I'm a little confused. I know it's not a true stall but I do feel a little bloated. I usually drink some Sprite Zero or some Diet 7up without a problem, but I'm wondering if I'm a little dehydrated or something now. Going to cut out all soda today and see if that helps.

Otherwise I'm in pretty good spirits! I just found out I get to go to VEGAS for the first time ever in June with my mom and grandma. My grandma loves to gamble! I'm so excited!!
Old 02-20-2014, 04:48 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

Well, it looks like I was right! I drank nothing but water yesterday (and one glass of iced tea), and I noticed around 2:00 that my bloated feeling seemed to have already gone away. Stepped on the scale this morning and it said 234.2! I guess I know this means I need to seriously limit my soda intake from now on. I'm just glad I finally figured out what was causing it!

Also, my pants are starting to get too loose again. Eeeeh!! I'm super excited! Shaping up to be a good day.
Old 02-20-2014, 07:39 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

HI! you are doing amazing! congrats on the progress and 7 weeks IS a big deal, I celebrate every day that I can stick with this, I am going on my 6th week on Saturday and I am PROUD!

congrats on the Vegas trip! I will get that recipe for you as soon as I find it, I think I will be making pizza again Friday night!
Old 02-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

k I found it!
(this makes one personal size pizza)
mix together~
1/2 cup almond flour
1/2 cup cheese

then to that mixture add~
1 whisked egg
salt and pepper (oregano/thyme or any other seasoning optional)
1 tsp olive oil

lay this mixture out on a non stick oven pan, I used a silicone cookie sheet, lay some plastic wrap over top and flatten into a circle with your hand, I think I flattened it to a little over 1/4 of an inch in thickness. Remove plastic and put into 350 degree oven for 15 min. Remove and add toppings and then put back into oven for another 15 min. or until the toppings are cooked. enjoy!

About 4.5 grams of carbs for the crust.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:57 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Omg Wish, that sounds super good! I have all that stuff too... I might try to make one tonight. CONGRATS ON SIX WEEKS! Woohoo!

---

YOU GUYS... TODAY IS GREAT. I weighed in at 233 even this morning, which means I have officially lost TWENTY POUNDS. Twenty pounds?! That is so crazy to me I can't even wrap my head around it. I'm so proud of myself for sticking with my commitment to eating better. I think I'll treat myself to something this weekend. Maybe new nail polish or bubble bath or something.
Old 02-21-2014, 06:20 AM   #75

Great job Lauren!!! I agree, go treat yourself to something nice!
Old 02-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

that is amazing!! good job!! I am very close to my first 10 lbs and I can't even imagine what 20lbs would feel like! I hope I see it soon.
Old 02-24-2014, 05:23 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, Gracie and Wish! I got myself a new top over the weekend and went to the movies. It was nice! I'm still on Cloud 9 about it-- I can't believe it! Now to keep going!!

---

Well, I'm having some digestive issues and I'm not sure what's causing the problem. I've been taking a Mg Citrate supplement nightly (pill) to try and keep things regular, but it doesn't seem to be working for me. I've tried taking 2 a night but I think that's too much, and does the opposite of the intended effect lol. As a result for the past few weeks I'll be fine for a few days, and then bloated and uncomfortable for the next several days. I did start taking a probiotic which helps with the bloating a little bit, but it's still there! Today I'm up to 234.4 and just have that "ugh" feeling. Drinking tons of water and waiting for it to pass. Maybe I should stop the Mg Citrate altogether? I'm not sure.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:46 PM   #78
Senior LCF Member

in regards to keeping things regular, I take magnesium 500mg one before bed, totally worked for me. I am going to try and cut the pill in half and see if it still works. Have you tried to drink broth/boillion? it helps with the sodium that is lost. Also, if I eat too much coconut oil i get indigestion. Also, I have found that the Atkins bars really do a number on my intestines. I was having some serous intestinal flipping and rolling for a while there but it seems to be gone now but I do stay away from the Atkins products and most artificial sweeteners. The only ones I am using are Xylitol, Truvia and Stevia. Hope you are better soon.

One more thing, are you eating like a crazy amount of protein and dairy products? try cutting back on those for a few days too.
Old 02-25-2014, 09:35 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Hmm, I'm not really sure what's causing it, Wish! It might just be my TOM approaching. I do use artificial sweeteners-- mostly Splenda. If it doesn't straighten out in a few days I might try cutting that or switching to a different sweetener. I don't use any Atkins products and I don't like coconut oil-- I tried it haha! I put butter in most stuff. Today I'm at 234.6 but the bloated feeling seems to be on the way out, so I'm hoping everything will be back to normal soon.

ALSO, today is my 2 month mark! Yayyyy! I took another picture to add to my list of monthly shots. It's not as much of a difference as the last one, but I guess that's to be expected.

Old 02-25-2014, 09:52 AM   #80
Senior LCF Member

I see the difference, especially in your face! keep it up!

Regarding Splenda, I have read it can cause troubles in some people, look up the side effects you may be surprised. It kills good gut flora and causes, gas, bloating and other problems. It is also known as Sucralose, I avoid it. I have had serious stomach problems when I was younger, not because of Splenda but it makes me careful of what I am eating to avoid causing problems again. I know how important keeping proper gut flora is to so many aspects of good health and weight loss that I try and do what I can, I take probiotics too. When you are not eating yogurt on this diet it makes it hard to eat probiotics, unless you are eating other fermented products.

It could be TOM too!
Old 02-25-2014, 10:38 AM   #81

I can see a difference for sure! And I agree, cut out the splenda for a week and see if it makes any improvements for you. I know even Dr. Atkins said only to use 3 artificial sweeters per day. Some people use it like water I never knew about the digestive issues, I'll have to check that out for sure!

Have a great day!
Old 02-26-2014, 05:11 AM   #82
Senior LCF Member

Thanks ladies! Okay, I'm going to try that. I didn't know about digestive issues from Splenda, but I do take a probiotic nightly anyway. Hopefully it will help! I use it to bake, not so much for drinks and stuff like that. I have some stevia but I don't like the taste as much. To me it has a weird after taste. But it probably wouldn't hurt for me to go without anything sweet for a little while.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:00 PM   #83
Senior LCF Member

You have to experiment with Stevia because in some food there is no aftertaste. If you want a sugar free drink, try making lemonade... fresh squeezed lemon and stevia, no aftertaste IMO

I don't find there is an aftertaste in baking with Stevia either but it is disgusting in my tea so I use xylitol or Truvia for that if I need it sweetened. Truvia is my third choice as it has "natural flavor" listed in ingredients and I don't trust that.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:17 AM   #84
Senior LCF Member

Back to 234 even today, hoping that means the bloat is on the way out. I've been sticking with my plan and drinking lots of water, so I know one way or another things are going to get moving again! I'm not as discouraged as I would have been even a week ago. I think because now I'm prepared to be in this for the long haul, I know my body is going to do what it does when it wants to. Oh well! I'm just trucking along.

Looking forward to this weekend! Tomorrow going with my BFF to provide moral support as she gets her long, long hair cut short. Then Sunday having some friends over.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:12 AM   #85
Senior LCF Member

233.4 today, back to my 20 pound loss! Trying to be cheerful but got some bad news yesterday, my grandma (who has been sick for a while) is in the hospital and not expected to make it through the day today. Trying not to dwell on it too much as I have to make it through work today. Puts things in perspective though.
Old 02-28-2014, 08:55 AM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyRen View Post
233.4 today, back to my 20 pound loss! Trying to be cheerful but got some bad news yesterday, my grandma (who has been sick for a while) is in the hospital and not expected to make it through the day today. Trying not to dwell on it too much as I have to make it through work today. Puts things in perspective though.
So sorry about your grandma. Do your best and try not to turn to food for comfort. I know it's hard but you've been working your butt off at this. Prayers for a quick work day.
Old 02-28-2014, 12:02 PM   #87
Senior LCF Member

that is awful news, wishing you much stength to get through
Old 03-01-2014, 05:46 AM   #88
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracie514 View Post
So sorry about your grandma. Do your best and try not to turn to food for comfort. I know it's hard but you've been working your butt off at this. Prayers for a quick work day.
Thanks, Gracie. I've come so far already I really don't want to go backwards, so I think I'll be okay. Coming here for support is definitely the game-changer for me, though! It helps a lot to stay motivated seeing all these other LC-eating people at different stages in their weight loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish View Post
that is awful news, wishing you much stength to get through
Thank you, Wish. I appreciate it.

----

No news today about my grandma. Today I weighed in at 231.8, which is a new low for me. I'm pretty excited about it-- mostly because in the back of my mind I guess I was thinking I probably wouldn't lose anything else after the first 20 pounds. And now I have! Trying to stay busy today. I'm worried if I just sit around and wait for the worst I will binge eat. So my husband and I are going to go to some thrift shops today.
Old 03-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Today I weighed in at 231 even. Yay! Not much else to say today. Still just waiting for news. Hope everyone's weekend is finishing up nicely!
Old 03-03-2014, 04:59 AM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Bounced up to 232.8 today, but I kind of expected it. I had two glasses of Coke Zero yesterday and didn't drink as much water as I usually do. It's difficult for me to get the same amount of water on weekends as I do during the week, because I have a desk job and can just keep refilling my giant cup throughout the day. When I'm out and about on the weekend, I don't think about it as much/don't have it as easily accessible. I guess I need to work on that somehow. Not sure what I can do short of towing around a bunch of water bottles everywhere I go, haha!

My grandma made it through the weekend, but she can't eat or drink anymore and has stated in her living will that she does not want to be tube fed. So all we can do now is wait. The doctors are keeping her as comfortable as possible but that's all they can really do now.