Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2014, 05:07 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: BubblyRen
Stats: 253/210/feeling healthy!, 5'5", 26
WOE: Generic LC
Start Date: 12/31/13
Well, today is officially my one month mark, and I'm feeling a little discouraged today. The scale is at 240.8, and even though I know I'm losing inches, I can't get unstuck from watching that number creep up a little. Ugh! Trying to convince myself that it's just normal fluctuation and it will go back down. It certainly didn't help that I left my coat in my husband's truck last night, and he took it to work with him by mistake... so I had to try and squeeze into the only other coat I have which is way too small right now. I had to come to work in one of his old hoodies because my old coat would not fit. So that's where I'm at today. I'm not really tempted to binge or go off plan, but I'm still just a little disappointed. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
BubblyRen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2014, 05:51 AM   #32
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubblyRen View Post
Well, today is officially my one month mark, and I'm feeling a little discouraged today. The scale is at 240.8, and even though I know I'm losing inches, I can't get unstuck from watching that number creep up a little. Ugh! Trying to convince myself that it's just normal fluctuation and it will go back down. It certainly didn't help that I left my coat in my husband's truck last night, and he took it to work with him by mistake... so I had to try and squeeze into the only other coat I have which is way too small right now. I had to come to work in one of his old hoodies because my old coat would not fit. So that's where I'm at today. I'm not really tempted to binge or go off plan, but I'm still just a little disappointed. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.
Hey, 13 pounds in your first month is fabulous!!! Isn't 240 much better than 253? And, just continue on and the weigh will drop. Your body is probably adjusting to the new smaller version
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:40 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Thank you, Gracie! That is so true! I'm feeling a little better now. Plus I took a picture of myself to compare to my start weight, and I don't think I was giving myself enough credit for my progress. It may not be noticeable to other people yet, but it sure is noticeable to me!

The one on the left is from 12/26, and the one on the right is today:
Old 01-28-2014, 12:00 PM   #34

Quote:
Thank you, Gracie! That is so true! I'm feeling a little better now. Plus I took a picture of myself to compare to my start weight, and I don't think I was giving myself enough credit for my progress. It may not be noticeable to other people yet, but it sure is noticeable to me!

The one on the left is from 12/26, and the one on the right is today:

I can definitely see the difference! Especially in your mid-section and your face!!! Yippee! You look great
Old 01-30-2014, 02:03 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
I agree with Gracie...definite difference! You are making great progress, Ren.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 05:05 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Thanks, ladies! I'm back to feeling awesome and in control today. I guess it's normal to be down in the dumps once in a while, but I would say overall I'm staying pretty optimistic and determined. Today I'm down to 239.6! Still shooting for 235 as my next goal. Yesterday I was snowed in and I had a hankering for cookies. I made some LC chocolate chip ones, they were so delicious! I made a few and put the rest of the dough in the freezer to help me avoid binging. So far so good. I think I'm really making progress here!
Old 01-30-2014, 06:06 AM   #37

Quote:
Thanks, ladies! I'm back to feeling awesome and in control today. I guess it's normal to be down in the dumps once in a while, but I would say overall I'm staying pretty optimistic and determined. Today I'm down to 239.6! Still shooting for 235 as my next goal. Yesterday I was snowed in and I had a hankering for cookies. I made some LC chocolate chip ones, they were so delicious! I made a few and put the rest of the dough in the freezer to help me avoid binging. So far so good. I think I'm really making progress here!
Please post the recipe for the LC choc chip cookies! Sounds yummo
Old 01-30-2014, 10:14 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Gracie, I used THIS recipe. I substituted almond flour and splenda for the flour and sugar. They're a little crumbly, but they taste yummy. I added a very small amount of lc chocolate chips too.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:58 AM   #39
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! TGIF! Today I'm at 239.6 again. I think it's the first time I've weighed the exact same two days in a row! Feeling good. Have a fun double date planned for Saturday which I've been thinking about all week-- can't wait! Haven't had any binge cravings for a while, so I'm pretty excited about that. Now I just have to think of a place to eat out Saturday where I can stick with my WOE.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:02 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Woohoo, it's the weekend!! Today I'm at 239 even. Feeling good today, but I am starting to feel a little bloated as my TOM approaches. Bleh. Trying to drink even more water than usual today. Nonetheless, I'm super excited for our double date tonight. We haven't gone out in a while!
Old 02-03-2014, 05:27 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Well, I FINALLY finished antibiotics yesterday... and just in time for my TOM. Gah! I'm so tired of being bloated already. At least the end is in sight, lol! Other than that I'm doing pretty well. Seems like it's getting easier to stay on plan, which I never thought would happen. I don't really miss any of my old trigger foods... and when I do, I make an LC version and that keeps me from feeling deprived. I'm at 239.8 today, which I suspect has a lot to do with the bloating. Drinking even more water than usual today to try and help.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:48 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Wow I had to stop by and say how amazing you are doing, I loved looking at your before and after pics, what a great inspiration you are, unreal how much weight you have lost and it really really shows, anyway well done, its because of posts like yours that has made me start eating low carb xxxxxxxxxxxx thanks
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 03:41 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Sandy, that is so sweet!! Thank you for saying that, I really needed to hear it today!
Old 02-03-2014, 03:55 PM   #44
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/147.3/140's
WOE: A72
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Well I hope your day has been a good one....just keep on doing what you are doing as its really working, I loved looking at your pictures, its going to be amazing to see you again in a month or two.....I will stop by now and again to take a peek lol, thanks again Bubblyren, please keep on inspiring me and everyone else.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 05:04 AM   #45
Senior LCF Member

Well, today is my 5 week mark. Yesterday I ate a little too much, but I managed to keep it LC. Today I'm at 239.6. I'm tired of seeing 239 lol! But, I think losing 1.2 pounds in a week is pretty good. If I do the same this week, I might see 238 next Tuesday. I took some measurements today and I've lost more inches-- I didn't have time to compare them this morning, but I plan on popping the numbers in here tonight.

We're having a potluck at work for Valentine's day-- yikes!! On top of that, the tables where people put all the food are literally right next to my desk. I plan on bringing some LC treats for myself to avoid being tempted by all the high carb goodies. I'm hoping that by mentally preparing myself ahead of time it will be no big deal for me.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:15 AM   #46
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: CortninO
Stats: 225/215/165 26 y/o 5'6
WOE: Low Carb Vegetarian
Start Date: February 2014
New Follower!

Hi!! I just recently restarted and have been scouring the forums all morning, but yours is the first thread I really wanted to comment on, so I hope you don't mind,

I loved reading through your journal.. you seem like such a great girl and I am soooo happy to see LC work for you!! It really helps motivate me. Also, there's definitely a noticeable difference in the photos you posted! Like another poster said, I completely agree that your neck and waist are way more accentuated!

Anyway, keep up the good work!! I'm way excited to see you continue to succeed.
CortninO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:18 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, making LC treats to bring will give you a major advantage during the potluck.

You're doing great! I need to start measuring again -- haven't done so in awhile.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #48

You're doing fantastic! And now that TOM is almost gone you will definitely start dropping again. TOM hinders my losses for a whole week but I really try to remember that the bloating and puffiness will eventually go away. Once TOM leaves I always drop back down plus a little more.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:13 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Hi Cort! Thank you!! Of course I don't mind, I need all the support I can get haha!

JG-- measuring really helps me mentally on weeks when the scale isn't doing much. I think for the potluck I'm going to bring a veggie tray, and then make some little LC sweets for myself. Maybe peanut butter cups or something. I haven't decided yet. I'm not much of a baker so it's got to be easy!

Gracie, you were right!! Today I'm at a new low!

-------------------------

Today I'm down to 238.4-- YAY! So long, 239, you stinker. I've noticed that the day before I have a loss I feel hungrier than normal and I eat a little bit more. Must be my body burning away the crud. I'm so proud of myself to making it this far. Today I've lost exactly 15 pounds, and I've gone down a pant size. I want to pinch myself because it really hasn't been all that difficult. Sure, there are days where I'm feeling more down than others, but this WOE keeps me feeling full and satisfied. I can't believe it's helping me drop weight like this.

Here's an update on my measurements:

12/31/13
51" - 46" - 51"

1/13/14
48.5" - 44.5" - 51"

1/21/14
48" - 43" - 50"

2/4/14
47" - 41.5" - 49.5"
Old 02-06-2014, 05:11 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! Today I'm at 238 even. Yayyyyy!! I got my hair trimmed and my eyebrows done last night, so I'm feeling like a million bucks. My dad is coming in to town to visit, which I'm pretty excited about. Not sure what we're going to do yet, but I'm sure it will be something fun.

I stayed up wayyyy too late last night reading. I saw the trailer for the new Divergent movie that's coming out, and I thought it looked interesting so I decided to try out the book. Woah! I'm hooked! I'm already almost done with the second one. I did not like Twilight, but I love that in the wake of it we seem to be getting a lot more interesting female characters in lead roles in books and movies both.
Old 02-06-2014, 05:56 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

You're doing great! I need to get my eyebrows done also -- it's been awhile, and although I have lighter hair, I definitely need the shaping.

Have fun with your dad!

I read Divergent, but I haven't started the second book yet...I need to add that to my Kindle Paperwhite. I didn't care for Twilight either -- I barely finished the 1st book b/c I thought she used too many of the same adjectives. LOL! I do enjoy some YA series though -- Hunger Games was excellent!
Old 02-06-2014, 06:14 AM   #52
Senior LCF Member

JG, I LOVE Hunger Games. I burned through all three of them in a week, haha. I'm a pretty avid reader.
Old 02-06-2014, 08:24 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

I'm a bookworm also. My favorite author is Stephen King, but I read different genres. Sometimes I need "light reading" as opposed to darker stuff.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:54 AM   #54
Senior LCF Member

I hear ya, JG! I have a BA in English and will read basically anything, as long as it's good! I love Dean Koontz, I've read a ton of his books. Before I started the Divergent trilogy I had just read Jane Eyre. I'm all over the place!

---

Today I'm still at 238 even. Yesterday at work my team had a free cake and ice cream afternoon-- AHHH! I had forgotten about it and didn't prepare a treat for myself beforehand. I managed to avoid it though. Although here in the South if you refuse food people practically shove it in your mouth. I told them I had a little bit of a tummy ache and they left me alone. I told myself I'd make myself an LC treat when I got home, but then I absolutely forgot about it. I think I'm more proud of that than anything! I feel like my relationship with food is changing in a very good way.
Old 02-07-2014, 10:11 AM   #55

Quote:
I hear ya, JG! I have a BA in English and will read basically anything, as long as it's good! I love Dean Koontz, I've read a ton of his books. Before I started the Divergent trilogy I had just read Jane Eyre. I'm all over the place!

---

Today I'm still at 238 even. Yesterday at work my team had a free cake and ice cream afternoon-- AHHH! I had forgotten about it and didn't prepare a treat for myself beforehand. I managed to avoid it though. Although here in the South if you refuse food people practically shove it in your mouth. I told them I had a little bit of a tummy ache and they left me alone. I told myself I'd make myself an LC treat when I got home, but then I absolutely forgot about it. I think I'm more proud of that than anything! I feel like my relationship with food is changing in a very good way.
Great job on avoiding the cake and ice cream That is very difficult!!! Tonight is my DD's sleepover bday party and there are 30 cupcakes upstairs that keep calling my name. Luckily I have some Atkins treats just in case!
Old 02-07-2014, 10:28 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/183/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
hey BubblyRen!

Just read through your journal and you are doing really great! It is funny that early on in your journal you mention cauliflower crust pizza because that is what I was planning on making for dinner tonight, I am so excited about it.

I really see a huge difference in the photo's. Keep it up!

You are also writing the same thing I tend to write, about how you can't believe how good and satisfying the food is, that it keeps you full and happy. Why didn't someone tell me about this sooner? I wish a doctor had given me the helpful information that I find on this board, or have directed me to it. It would have saved many years of obesity and health problems. My current doctor is not supportive of my super low carb diet but I hope to turn him around once I reach goal and improve my health.

I am starting week 4 tomorrow, I am looking forward to finishing one month of this!
wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 05:14 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Great job on avoiding the cake and ice cream That is very difficult!!! Tonight is my DD's sleepover bday party and there are 30 cupcakes upstairs that keep calling my name. Luckily I have some Atkins treats just in case!
Thanks, Gracie! I made some LC peanut butter cups to help me out this weekend, and they are wicked good. Even my husband and my dad who are not LC-ers gobbled them up.

Quote:
hey BubblyRen! Just read through your journal and you are doing really great! It is funny that early on in your journal you mention cauliflower crust pizza because that is what I was planning on making for dinner tonight, I am so excited about it. I really see a huge difference in the photo's. Keep it up!
Hey, Wish! Thank you!! How did your pizza turn out?
Old 02-10-2014, 05:18 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Well, I saw 236 over the weekend, but today I'm at 237.2. I had some pork rinds last night though so I'm pretty sure it's just a little water from the salt intake. Drinking plenty of water to try and flush it out. Feeling great still! I walked almost all day for two days straight showing my dad around. He loves to hike! We walked six blocks downtown to a park, and six blocks back to where I'd parked. Then yesterday we went hiking in the mountains. Usually I would have been winded, my knees and feet would have been aching, and my back would have been tight and painful. But none of that happened! I got a little winded once when we were scrambling back up a very steep incline, but that was it. Not even sore today!

We're supposed to get snow here again very late tonight. Yikes! We don't get as much as other areas, but we've got no way of clearing the roads so everything tends to shut down. I'm kind of hoping for it though, I like the little break.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:59 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

Well, today I've got the grumpies. Gave in to a binge last night and I am really mad at myself. I wish I hadn't weighed in, but today is my 6-week mark so I really wanted to record it even though I knew it probably went up. It did-- 238.8. Ugh! Still, I'm not going to let this totally derail me. But it is a little hard to feel like I didn't undo a week's worth of progress in one fell swoop. D:
Old 02-11-2014, 05:19 AM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

I understand how you feel, Ren; however, that weight gain is probably just bloat/water weight. The good news is you should be able to see it drop pretty soon. One step, one meal, one day at a time, lady! You've got this!

Have a great Tuesday!