Old 01-06-2014, 11:06 PM   #1
ELL
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ELL
Stats: 160.5|127. kg|56.6kg
WOE: Atkins 72/keto
Start Date: 10.5.13
Laurus Nobilis

I am starting a new journal only because it's a new year.

ELL is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2014, 11:52 PM   #2
ELL
Senior LCF Member

Once I meet this first goal which is 2.5lbs away I want to never see the number three in my weight again unless its in the tens or ones place.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:39 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Hi Ell I just left a message on the old site. I will use this one from now on.
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:21 PM   #4
ELL
Senior LCF Member

omg I made it to my first mini goal! 144.2 kg Now I can really start this weight loss thing. Ha!
Old 01-09-2014, 04:24 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
I left a msg on yr old site too but will follow here from now on. Congrats on reaching yr mini goal.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:16 PM   #6
ELL
Senior LCF Member

My tom won't come on and I am up 6.4lbs. I really feel like crap
Old 01-21-2014, 10:24 PM   #7
ELL
Senior LCF Member

I bought some certified humane eggs. cage free bug eating chickens eggs. they are extra large and brown. the price of eggs has gone up over here and I saw those are just a few coins higher so I bought them. I cooked one up scrambled style and wow it doubled in size as it was cooking. I have never seen that before. Ever. I talked to a friend of mine and they laughed at me and said all eggs do that. I am not knew to this I am a grown woman and I am not lying and I have been cooking eggs for years.

It was a good egg.
Old 02-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #8
ELL
Senior LCF Member

I have been having finacial issues and I couldn't buy any meats until yesterday. I tried to stay low carb but really I had to eat what was in the house already which was rice and pasta. ugh. I haven't gained anything which I find odd but I am not complaining. Food prices have jump up here. I already had a small budget for food. A large dozen eggs is 2.09 and organic is 2.69 cage free. that roll of 10lb hamburger was 12.99 now its 15.99. Doesn't seam like a huge price up but considering I have been shopping at the same store for 10 years and just three years ago that 10lb hamburg was 6.99. I can get some veggies at the dollar tree for a buck and trader joes has some frozen veggies about 30 to 60 cents higher than that. but I hate driving all around just to save 30 cents. the good thing about going to trader joes is next door is this place where you can buy dry items in bulk. they have a sale right now on flax. 1.00 a pound. I did buy some two weeks ago and I am almost out. I have been eating chocolate flax muffins like they are going out of style. they also sell spices. 1/4 cup of spice is 34 cents. cheap stuff. I am out of tumeric too. I am going to weigh my self monday at work. see where I am at.
I am going to see if taking all my money out of the bank will be better for me and my budget instead of just using the card. I have to try something. doing the same thing doesn't work. we will see
Old 02-24-2014, 07:32 AM   #9
Senior LCF Member

I share your dismay regarding food prices. It is true that high carb staples such as pasta, rice and dried beans are much less expensive than low carb options leading many people to gain weight I think. The wild and crazy severe weather we've been having and conditions such as the drought in CA cause agricultural difficulties which will surely add to the cost at market in coming months.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:19 PM   #10
ELL
Senior LCF Member

true
Old 03-06-2014, 06:52 PM   #11
ELL
Senior LCF Member

Ok so my finances are not where I want them and I'm stressing out over it. I am a stress eater so that's what I usually do. But I have very little food in the house and no money to go purchase anything. This spot I am in made me realize I just substituted low carb food for the higher ones. I have this strange stess going on, I am stressed for lack of finances and I am also stressed that I can't eat to relieve my stress. I know, no logic in that. But that is what my emotional state is ATM.
I have about a pound of flax meal that I purchased from bulk nation a few days ago. Got it for a dollar. So to stay on plan I created. Challenge and it is helping me stay focused on weightloss in stead of not having money. I have to be accountable. Basically what I have been eating are some flax muffins minus the egg and some green beans. The flax should last me at least four more days I have half of frozen green beans left. I will use them sparingly. I have four things of chicken in the freezer, if I cook one piece a night for my son I will boil the bones for some broth and that I will drink up. I can go get organic non gmo sweet corn for 2.45 at what ever that store is called and I can give my son chicken and corn a few nights. 1.00 for pancake mix and I have some amble syrup so that be for his breakfast. A five pound bag of potatoes are on sale for 2.99 so I will pick that up for my son as well. Chicken and corn or chicken and potatoes and pancakes for breakfast.
So about 6 bucks or so. Hopefully I can pick up some extra work so when I get paid in two weeks I can get some food. I usually spend 125.00 total for food for the month but the past two paychecks I've only had 20 bucks for food. Gosh things are so tight that I feel guilty for even thinking about weightloss. I hope I find the strength to stay on plan. Just eat the flax and drink the broth. I can get some more green beans and a bag of broccoli. That's about 2 more bucks.
Wish me luck
Old 03-07-2014, 03:56 PM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Oh, dearest ELL, I am so sorry you are having to deal with such a situation. My heart goes out to you. Are there any sources of assistance available in your area? Food banks or anything like that? Sometimes churches offer assistance. I so hope you can get through this difficult period and that things will improve soon. Meanwhile, try to take advantage of any possible sources of help.

I'm also a stress eater so I totally understand that particular difficulty.

Sending love your way. Don't be timid about accepting help; many want to give it.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:57 AM   #13
ELL
Senior LCF Member

You're sweet. As long as my son has food I'm ok. I'd rather not drive around getting food to save the gas to get to work. Its a tough choice but I have just enough gas till next payday. I am used to really lean times. It get weary tho.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #14
ELL
Senior LCF Member

I picked up some hours at work only to be cancelled. Bummed out. I am not sure if anyone reads these entries but if anyone out there is a Christian or spiritual one time I bought a cooked piece of chicken for two bucks at a grocery store as I continued to walk around I past by some some packaged chicken legs with a double sale. At that time I was only in there for something quick to eat I wasn't grocery shopping. I left and as I ate I heard God say to me you passed up 7 uncooked pieces of chicken legs for the exact price you payed for one piece because it was cooked. He asked me what was my reasoning for that. My reasoning was that I wasn't really shopping and that time and I just wanted something quick to eat because I was very hungry and I just got off wok and was to tired to cook. And He showed me the passage in the bible where Esau gave up his birth right for some cooked food. The passage doesn't say if Easua had anything to cook or not but that he had smelled the food and saw it was his favorite meal. I know there are many other purposes for the scripture but I thought about how many times I haven't wanted to cook and bought pre made food and how it's left me short for cash. I don't make a lot of money to begin with. I am not saying its a sin to go out to dinner or pick something up really quick but for me it was a life style that I can't maintain. I am rambling on here and I don't know what the point is.
That's not why I am short on cash for the past few months but it has been in the past. I can't believe I am back on this spot. I don't know what is going on in my life. And I don't want to break my ketosis. I am far from starving I have all this fat. Stored energy. In past times this would have made me crawl in a ball and cry because I don't know what else to do. I have exhausted all my resources that I can. But today I am full of confidence. I am just hungry is all. My lights are still on the water is still on and the rent has been paid. I have 1/2 tank of gas for work and I have breakfast lunch and a full dinner for my son until next pay day. I am using free wifi. Lol I'm good! I will get under 300 and I will figure out a plan for my life. I will. Failure is no longer an option. And being hungry is far from a good reason to give up. Ok no more complaining. I will go drink some broth now
Old 03-08-2014, 09:36 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: 35down
Stats: 209/156/135
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: April 1, 2013
Hello ELL in Florida. I am cross country from you in Washington state. Just popping in to say Hi. Sorry your situation is hard right now, but I am admiring your can-do attitude! Wish I could be more helpful, but would like to at least offer a bit of lowcarbfriend friendship.

I don't have a journal going, but I do like to stop by a journal or two here and chat some. Will pop on tomorrow to see how you are doing, okay?

35down
Joni
35down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 03:15 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

I agree with 35down. Despite your current difficulty you've managed to maintain an admirably strong and positive attitude. Your optimism will help get you through this. Hang in there. My own mantra is often "this too shall pass" (and it usually does). Like you, when I'm distressed I often try listing the many things I have to be grateful for (such as a roof over my head). It helps. Take care, ELL.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:11 PM   #17
ELL
Senior LCF Member

Thank you ladies. I have never had many friends, mostly because I was a young mother and my focus was surviving not hanging out. I did have a 20 year friendship fall on the way side when I attempted to help an old friend out. It went horribly wrong but that doesn't stop me for praying for her to have a blessed life.
Lola I have the same mantra " this too shall pass" because it does. Joyce Meyer used to use that phrase a lot. I never believed it when I was young but I'm getting older and more in control of my emotions. Which has allowed me to be more successful in weightloss this time around and to see that life keeps going. I'm still learning still growing. I walked to the Y today. I actually got on a tread mill and went for a swim. I still have to over come feelings of " every one is starring at the fat lady". I just put the music on and tried to focus on working out. And I got through it. The fact that the place was dead today helped me feel more comfortable. There were like 5 elderly folk working out. Totally cute! With their wigs on!
Anyone know of Joe Rogan? He is that host from fear factor. He also has a podcast I listen to once in a while. He's a total fitness nut and he says it's easy, just take one hour for your self to keep you body in good shape you have the rest of the day for everything else. I can't tell you how many times I have heard that statement and ignored it. It's like being in a plane you have to put the mask on your self first then your kids. You can't help your kids if you pass out.
So, I'm still doing good and the store I shop at has been bought out and is closing so they have this huge sale going on. I bought way more than I was planning. You see...God is so good! Thanks for the thoughtful words ladies.
Old 03-09-2014, 01:36 PM   #18
ELL
Senior LCF Member

I found a lowcarb monkey bread recipe I can't wait to try. There was also this pumpkin cake with brown butter. I want to make that one as well. Waiting patiently for the yummies.

I have been thinking heavily about making almond milk. I wonder if it really is cheaper to do it rather than purchase.
I also want to start a garden. I have been talking with some coworkers and they all use pots and put them in the pool cage. I don't have that option. I did grow tomatoes two years ago but it was over takin by the sun. Some one said lettuce was easy to grow. Maybe I will test it out. I like the idea of being a gardener. But my practicle application of it hasn't been very successful. I get my seedlings going but once I plant them, bugs and the sun ruin it for me. However i just learned that I can purchase 30% plant shades. Blocks out 30% of sun which I would need for summer growth here. Maybe one day I will try it all out.
Old 03-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Hi ELL! Way to go on treadmill and swimming. And finding good bargains!

It is a bit rainy and breezy here today. We are watching a movie but are going to Home Depot after for some repair items. Basically, a lazy day so far. Well, I guess I could be considered multi-tasking as I am watching a movie and checking out lowcarbfriend journals so maybe not totally mentally lazy. But definitely physically not my most energetic.

All right then. Best sign off now. Take Care!

Joni
Old 03-10-2014, 11:32 AM   #20
ELL
Senior LCF Member

Joni how much weight do you want to lose? Where is Washington do you live? I always wanted to go out west somewhere. I don't know what I want anymore.

The weather here is amazing right now so it's no hassle to walk to and fro but come summer it becomes a struggle you never know what's worse the heat of the car or the heat of the outside. It's all bad.
Today is going well I went to the y again and it was packed. Schools out. Trying to get my son there tomorrow. He is a shy kind of boy but he is 13 now he can go on the treadmill next to. I wish I could get my daughter to come but she's 22 and her life is moving and shaking without Ma.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:38 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Hi ELL!Am babysitting my #1 Grandson. He isn't feeling well so stayed home from school. You mentioned that the Y was crowded today because school was out. Is it spring break there? Grandsons spring break here is in April.

Is your Florida weather humid, too, in the heat of the summer there? Glad it is nice now for you to enjoy getting out and about. We have really nice four season weather here in Eastern Washington. Lots of rivers and lakes for fishing,swimming, and boating and ski hills for winter fun--not that we ski. My winter fun is looking at it out the window and saying isn't that pretty! This winter we had few days of lasting snow. Other years a lot.

I weighed 209 when I started low carb a year ago. Lost motivation for some time now so have gained back I guess about ten pounds. Had to buy a larger pant size last week so think I have found that motivation again. My goal is 135 and I am bouncing around 158 now.

So, we can do this, right? You have some exercise mojo going. I have been doing more and more minutes with my hula hoop that windygap and Lowcarbgal motivated me to try. so here we go.

Best go check on the grandson to make sure he is not having too much fun being home not feeling well.

Take care!

Joni
Old 05-10-2014, 01:38 AM   #22
ELL
Senior LCF Member

Ok so it has taken me some time to get back on track. I really tried hard to stay low carb with only 20 bucks for food for the month, and I know if that 20 was just for me, I could have been successful, but I have to provide for my son as well. I couldn't maintain a broth diet I was hungry all the time, which is no excuses but I'm a baby and I bought some rice and anyways God is good and I am back on tract with my finances so far. The great thing about what I just went through is all the simple inexpensive ways I figured out to stay low carb. There are many options at my dollar tree, 8 sausages, 8 eggs, they have no sugar jello parfait. A variety of veggies. They even have cream cheese and next door to my dollar tree is earth origins and every Wednesday they have 10 percent off and if you have their card you can get 10 more percent. They have great prices on their fresh veggies. I bought grass feed beef soup bones with the marrow for 2.00 dollars. I am big on the broth. Anyways. This is a boring post..... I only gained 5lbs and since I have been back on lc for bout a week now I have already lost it. So I am 4 lbs away from being under 300 and I just am waiting for time to pass until I get there.
Old 05-10-2014, 02:39 AM   #23
ELL
Senior LCF Member

warning!

Ok so I bought some chia seeds and made this chia pudding. 3 table spoons of chia half cup of unsweetened chocolate almond milk. It tasted amazing. First warning...it expended in my stomach about 90 percent. And stupid me it was right before work. Most horrible thing to work on an incredibly full stomach and warning two was when it came time to get it out of my body. Which it didn't want leave. When it finally got out, which by the way was harder pushing that out than my babies, made me feel bruised.....it was like pushing out a chia meatball..seriously, I should have drank lots of water with it or shortly after but my stomach was so full.

Note to self....caution with the chia seeds.
Old 05-12-2014, 04:24 AM   #24
ELL
Senior LCF Member

Why does exercise make me sleepy? I need a 4 hour nap after any activity. What's wrong with me? I get the same way if anyone is mad at me. I want to sleep I immediately. Which I fight it off. But it's a major struggle. What the heck is wrong with me?
Old 05-31-2014, 12:47 PM   #25
ELL
Senior LCF Member

Ok, yesterday I started to 30 day squat challenge. My legs are still burning. I can get to 30 and still feel good, but as the number climbs, oh boy.

Any one complete a challenge? Wondering what your results are.
Old 06-03-2014, 10:24 PM   #26
ELL
Senior LCF Member

Ok so today was day 5 of my squat challenge. 70 squats. I got 40 and had to rest. Which was good because the previous days I had to stop at 30 and rest. So my legs are getting stronger. I am doing the plié squats. Oh man you can feel it in your inner thighs. Ok onto day 6. Can't wait. Thinking about starting the 30 day plank challenge. There is a plank position that really works the triceps. I should just start it tomorrow and stop saying I think I should start this.