LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2014, 08:57 AM   #1
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Low Carb Mommy
Stats: 175/118 /New wt. 153/123/115
WOE: Atkins & Watching Calories-Starting over
Start Date: September 2006/2014
My Real Life Journal of Weight Loss

It's been a while since I have been here. Years ago in 2006, I learned of this way of eating and it totally changed my life. I was at my heaviest weight of 175 (4' 10")...miserable and nothing was working. I ended up losing 58 pounds over the course of a couple of years. Those last 10 pds took a while. I maintained 45 of those pounds lost for another few years up until 2011. I had some life events that put a lot of stress on me and caused me to be one of those on/off low carbers. Since that time I have put back on 20 pounds. I'm finally ready to get serious again for fear I will gain all of my weight back!! I know how to live the LC way....I just have to get back serious with it. I feel my best with this WOE. One of the first decisions I made was to come back here and start back with my journal. It has been so long since I was here that I found LCF had closed my previous journal Beth's Real Life Journey to Success. So, here I am starting over! I welcome any encouragement and suggestions! Thanks for visiting!

My Journey to Success
Getting back to the skinny me!
"Long life to you! Good health to you and your household! And good health to all that is yours!" Samuel 25:6
Low Carb Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #2
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

One of the things I like to do in my journal is post my food and carb counts. It keeps me accountable. Also, I post my weight. Some people like to weigh once a week but I find that weighing every day helps me see how my diet effects my weight. So here is my menu from yesterday and weight

Starting weight: 153.4
Weight this morning 150.4!! So 3 pounds gone from first day of eating right!

Menu from yesterday:

B-Coffee with liquid Stevia & 2T Heavy C (.4), 2 eggs (.8), 2 sm. sausage patty(0), slice of bacon(0)=1.2
L-Atkins PB Fudge Crisp Bar=2
S-Border Cheese stick (.5), 5 olives(.7)=1.2
D-2 sm. homemade hamburger patty(0), 4 leaves Romaine hearts(.2), 1/4 cup sauteed mushrooms in butter(1.1), few grilled onions (2), sprinkle cheddar cheese(.5), T mayo(0), T mustard (.2), Splenda tea (2)=6
S- Dannon Carb and Sugar Control Strawberry Yogurt=3

Total carbs=13.4

I drank plenty of water yesterday. I didn't do any exercise except helping my two older boys move back into the dorm.
Old 01-06-2014, 04:41 PM   #3
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Edwards20
WOE: LC
Hey sister! Oh how I miss this ... And our support group. I am sure my journal is gone. Not sure I can commit to a new one just yet, but I am here. I've started back so many times I've list track. Each time it would end abruptly, for one reason or another.

I reached a new all time high, which has caused me to reach a new all time low in my life, after a encounter with my physician. I did start another blog on Wordpress so I could follow some other bloggers, and vent; but I struggle with time management so it isn't a steady thing. I'll send you the link in the FB message.

I did restart hardcore on the 2nd, and am down 12lbs. Purely water weight, I know. But, it comes off first so it's good motivation to keep plugging along. I weighed and took measurements. I set a goal of 12 in 12, and I've met it. So, I will shoot for increments of 10.

I am so glad you reached out to me. I know without a doubt, we can do this. We can do ALL things through Christ. Your posts have always encouraged me, and our support system was amazing. Who knows I might find one of my blogs here, or start a new one.
Edwards20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 04:45 PM   #4
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So tonight I am a little amazed by how easy the last two days have been. I had a headache the first day, but really no real hard sugar cravings like I thought. Hope I'm not speaking too soon! I have been very busy STILL getting up Christmas decorations. Now that my older two have gone back to College and my younger two go back to school tomorrow I will have more time. Maybe that is keeping my mind off of food. I was hoping to get back to Zumba today, but I messaged my instructor and she said they had closed the Y due to such low temps. Maybe they will be back open tomorrow. Just checking in....
Old 01-06-2014, 04:49 PM   #5
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I can't tell you Candy just how tickled I am to see you here in my new journal!! I know that part of my struggle has not been having an outlet to voice what is going on inside, but just numbing my emotions with food. We are stronger together!!! I know we have a lot to catch up on....so much since being here faithful.
Old 01-07-2014, 06:51 AM   #6
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning! Brrrr it's cold here. Big 4 degrees with wind chill of -10! It was a cold ride taking the kids back for their first day of school! Thank God they are now all out of the house! Time to get this place and myself back in order! Had another successful day of LC yesterday! Weighed in this morning at 149.2! Another 1.2 down!

Menu from yesterday:

B-Coffee w/ stevia & HC(.4), Chocolate Atkins Shake(2)=2.4
L-2 cups of iceberg lettuce(1.2), 3 cherry tomatoes(1.4), 4 slices of cucumber(.7), 1 cup of Perdue orginal roast chicken(2), 1 T. Ranch(1), splenda tea(1)=7.3
S-4 cheese crisp (made with 1/3 cup cheese each)=2
D-Chuck beef roast(0), 1/2 cup collard greens(4), 1 cooked carrot(2.2)=6.2
S-1 pk of Swiss Miss Diet Hot chocolate(3) made with water and T. HC(.4)=3.4

Total carbs=19.3
Drank 64 oz water
No exercise outside of housework. Going to change that today.....Zumba at 12!
Old 01-07-2014, 04:48 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I am so proud of myself for getting back to exercising today! BUT man, am I sore!!! Zumba kicked my behind today! It's been a couple of months since I have been. Before that, I was not faithful....going some weeks 1-2 times or other weeks not at all. If there was an excuse of why I couldn't go, I would take it. Now, a couple of years ago, I was very faithful...going EVERY day and also lifting weights. Man, those were good days...skinnier and more toned. It's gonna take me a while to get to that point. For now, I am just gonna take it one day at a time. If I start thinking about getting back to that level, it brings me anxiety. So today, I am proud for getting there and making it through the hour class!
Old 01-08-2014, 02:58 AM   #8
Blabbermouth!!!

You will be back there soon! Your dedication and determination are amazing when you are here posting! Stay warm.
Old 01-08-2014, 06:49 AM   #9
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Candy!

So I was in such a rush to get out the door this morning I forgot to weigh! Ugh! Feeling thinner this morning though. Maybe that will mean more weight loss for tomorrow!

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee w/ Stevia & HC(.4), 2 Sausage patties crumbled, eggs(.8) & cream cheese(1) in a scramble=2.2
L~Waffle House-Sirloin steak(0), side salad-lettuce & some purple cabbage(1) w/ slice cheese(1.2),tomatoes(.8), onions(2) on top=5
S~LC yogurt(3) w/ 1T flaxseed(0)=3
D~Atkins frozen meal-Beef Merlot=6
LS~2 hard boiled eggs(1.2), 1T mayo (was hungry!)=1.2

Total: 17.4

Exercise: 1 hour of Zumba
Water: Not sure but around 40oz I think

If you haven't tried the Atkins frozen meals, you should! They are very good. I have had the Pot Pie and the Merlot Beef. They are like the size of a Lean Cuisine. Great to have when you don't want to cook, need a lunch to take to work, or when you are the person that is not able to eat what everyone else is eating.
Old 01-09-2014, 07:02 AM   #10
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Weighed in this morning at 148.4!! Woo Hoo! Means the first 5 pounds are GONE!

Menu from yesterday:

B~Starbucks Americano w/ 2 splenda(2) & HNH(2), 3 egg salad(1.8), 4 bacon(.2)=6
L~Atkins shake=2
S~4 cheese crisp=2
D~Tilapia & extra small shrimp in butter(0), 1/4 cooked spinach(.9), 1/4 cooked broc. florets(1.1), Splenda tea(3)=5
S~Swiss Miss Diet Hot chocolate (3) made with water and splash of HC(.4)=3.4

Total carbs=18.4
No exercise
Not much water but some....had some cravings and settled them with splenda tea

Today is DH's birthday! He's the love of my life, the most awesome hard-working man I know, a fantastic father, a Godly man indeed, a giver of himself/his time/his finances, always there for his family through the good and the bad! I am truly blessed that God brought him into my life 24 years ago. I celebrate him today! Now to think about what to fix for dinner tonight....
Old 01-09-2014, 10:16 AM   #11
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Mommy View Post
If you haven't tried the Atkins frozen meals, you should! They are very good. I have had the Pot Pie and the Merlot Beef. They are like the size of a Lean Cuisine. Great to have when you don't want to cook, need a lunch to take to work, or when you are the person that is not able to eat what everyone else is eating.
I saw that someone else was really bragging on the Pot Pie meal. I need to look around for them here.

Quote:
Weighed in this morning at 148.4!! Woo Hoo! Means the first 5 pounds are GONE!
That's awesome Beth, congratulations!! We do good when we put our minds to something, huh?

I hope your DH has an awesome day! He is blessed too!!
Old 01-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #12
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Candy, thank you for coming and encouraging me! You are a blessing!

I went to a fairly new class of mine that I have only been to a few times (when I was faithful to exercise) called Turbo Kick...it's a kickboxing class. Wow ,did that class challenge me last night!! I was out of breath, muscles were screaming at me! I'm just glad I finished! It really showed me just how out of shape I am in! I'm gonna have to MAKE myself go on Thursdays! Now my other class I LOVE, Zumba, is so much fun....hard workout at first, but gets much easier the longer you go. In fact, I've been going for so long that I think my body is used to it and not challenged. Some times barely sweat. Goes to show me that I do need to change it up a bit. First things first.....just get to the class!!

Weighed in this morning at 148.8....up .4 but muscles sore so prob retaining water.

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee w/ Stevia & HC(.5), Atkins shake(2)=2.5
L~O'Charley's Chicken Caesar with no croutons=7
S~Atkins bar and diet green tea=2
D~2 Marinated Chicken Drumsticks with Italian dressing(1), 4 Homemade "Stuffed Mushrooms"(4), 1/2 cup green beans(2)=7

Total Carbs=18.5
Exercise-Turbo Kick 1 hour
Water-LOTS

My "Stuffed Mushrooms" were kinda like Dottie's on Linda Sue's website except I didn't put in the sausage. Just took off the stems, chopped them up, mixed in cream cheese, returned mixture to mushroom head and topped with cheese and bake. YUMMY!
Old 01-12-2014, 05:29 AM   #13
Blabbermouth!!!

Look at you go .. Zumba and Turbo? You amaze and impress me with your dedication and determination!! AND Those mushrooms sound really good! Keep it up!
Old 01-12-2014, 05:59 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
Way to go LC Mommy!! You are doing great! And it's so great you work out...I haven't gotten into a good exercise plan yet...you are building all of that great, lean muscle!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 05:35 PM   #15
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you Candy & Becky!! I find that the exercise is one more step to keeping me motivated. When you look at just how much work it takes to burn that fat, then you want to eat the right things! There is something too about a good sweat and cleansing your body that way! So glad y'all came to visit me!

So, I'm behind a couple of days! Still been faithful! I had my weekly weigh-in that actually counts today. I weighed 147.6!! So that is 5.8 pounds for the week!!! I am super happy! Really makes me motivated to keep going. DH is doing this with me and he lost 12 pounds. He is 6'4" though...

Menu from Friday:

B~Coffee w/ stevia & HC(.5), 2 egg scramble (.8) w/ sausage(0), 1 oz. feta cheese(.5), 2 T. sour cream(1)=2.8
L~Atkins shake(2) mixed with 1 cup of raw spinach(.9) and LC Yogurt(3)=5.9
S~Atkins bar=2
LD~Waffle House-Sirloin(0), Salad(1.5), 2 bacon(0), Sliced tomatoes(1), mayo(0), Splenda tea(2)=4.5
S~1 square of Lindt 85% dark chocolate=2.2

Total: 17.4

Menu from Saturday:
Weight from Saturday morning-147.8

B~Coffee w/ Stevia & HC(.5), 2 eggs omelet(.8), filled w/ feta cheese(.5), green onions(.3), sprinkle cheese(.3)=2.4
L~Atkins shake=2
S~Block cheese bite=.5
D~Hamburger(0), 1/2 cup of green beans(2), Spinach salad w/ tomatoes(1.4)=3.4
D~2 square of Lindt Chocolate=4.4

Total: 12.7

I have been very active this week helping with our business move. I think it's given me even more exercise. Hehe Hope this next week is as good as this one has been! I want to pick up some ketone sticks soon. I love seeing when I am in ketosis!
Old 01-13-2014, 03:17 AM   #16
Blabbermouth!!!

You just keep plugging along so well. I love feta cheese! Never thought about using it in an omelet! We priced bars and shakes at Sam's this weekend, but I just can't bring myself to spring for them yet. And, yes! Let's have an awesome week!
Old 01-13-2014, 08:01 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

After posting last night, I stayed up until 1am reading my old journal. I only got to page 28 too. Wow! I really poured my self out there and said exactly how I was feeling and was experiencing learning how to make LC my WOE.

One thing that I found that was so funny was something I said to a friend who had been doing LC for 5 years. I was struggling with making sure I did everything right. She said that she had been doing LC for 5 years and still didn't know everything. This was back in '07. I told her that I can't even see myself still eating LC in 5 years.... that's just too overwhelming for me right now. Here I am seven years down the road! Wow, does time go by fast! I really have discovered that for me I feel my very best when eating this way. I am sure that if I went further with a doctor to discover why I would find some sort of allergies etc. associated with eating bad carbs.

This morning I was a little down... only .2 (147.4) but it's still going in the right direction! I was so busy and rushed yesterday that poor planning made for an awful menu. But here it is...

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee with stevia & HC(.5)=.5
L~Atkins shake=2
S~Atkins bar(2), pork rinds(0), and diet green tea=2
D~3 Hebrew National beef hotdogs(6), 1T. mayo(0), 1T mustard(0), 1T. chopped onions(.5), Salad-romaine lettuce(.8), tomatoes(.5), onions(.5), sliced olives(.7), dressing-olive oil(0), red wine vinegar(0), garlic powder(0)=9

Total: 13.5

I have been surprised so far that I have had no real sugar cravings. I have craved chocolate at times but I go for my faithful legal choices. They are probably not the best for the induction phase but they haven't seen to hinder me so far. I do find that I want something to crunch/chew that is quick and easy. Sometimes if I just reach for some sugarless gum it does the trick!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:19 AM   #18
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm feeling that old enemy stress creeping up on me this afternoon and making me want to shut down. Got to push through but right now just wanting to pick up kids from school and come back and get in my pj's instead of going to the Y to exercise. I'm digging deep, doing a lot of praying, telling myself I don't need something to eat to make me feel better. This is torture! I know I can do it! Just my first difficult feeling I have faced so far since starting back. I will survive.
Old 01-13-2014, 03:16 PM   #19
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I did it!!!!!! I pushed through and went to the Y and did Zumba! I can't tell you just how much better I feel!!! I love those endorphins from exercise! I'm giving myself a BIG pat on my back!! Oh and to warm up before class I did 10 mins on the elliptical. Burned 70 calories whoop whoop...not that I'm counting calories One day down....hope I'm rewarded by more loss in the morning!
Old 01-14-2014, 06:22 AM   #20
Blabbermouth!!!

Yay!! So proud of you for pushing through!! I hate that overwhelming feeling ... and I love my PJs. I've read a few pages of my old journal and it's the same ole stuff I still struggle with today. Maybe that should be a wake up call!! Keep up the good work ma'am!!
Old 01-15-2014, 07:45 AM   #21
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Candy~thanks! I think with these issues will be with us for life unfortunately. We can certainly conquer them but they will always be a temptation. With every temptation the more you "starve" it the less control it has over you!

Well for two more days I have stayed 147.4. Ugh...frustrating! BUT I know I have stayed on plan...been exercising....so I just have to let it be what it is and not sweat the small stuff. Eventually it will go down.

I have been so tired lately! Where is my big energy? I was really hungry yesterday afternoon. I think my hungry was more emotional. Lots of stress.

Menu from Monday:

B~Coffee w/ Stevia & HC(.5), 2 fried eggs(.8), 4 slices of bacon(.1)=1.4
S~1/2 Atkins bar=1
L~2 cups of salad mix(1.5), 1 cup Perdue roasted chicken(2), 1/3 cup cheese(.5), 2 T. ranch(1)=5
S~1/2 Atkins bar=1
D~Rotisserie Chicken from Ingles(.5), 1/2 cup cauliflower(.9),splenda tea(2)=3.4
D~2 Homemade chocolates=1.6

Total carbs=13.4
Exercise: 10 mins on elliptical & 1hour zumba

My homemade chocolates were made from 4 squares of Lindt 85% chocolate melted with 1 stick of butter and stevia liquid drops. I then poured the mixture into tiny muffin pan and put in freezer. They are amazing. When I am able to eat peanut butter again I will add some of that . The only carbs in the candy is the chocolate. Net carbs for 4 squares is 9. Divided by 12 tiny muffin....rounded up to .8.

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee w/ stevia & HC(.5), 4 slices of bacon(.1), Atkins shake(2)=2.6
S~Splenda tea(2)=2
L~2 Hamburger patties(0), onions(1), mushrooms(1), mayo(0), mustard(0), lettuce leaf(0), tomato slice(.5), water with lemon ?=2.5
S~Cheese crisp(2), 3 chocolate candy(2.4)=4.4
L~Linda Sue's Lasagna(8), splenda tea(2)=10

Total carbs=18.9

Exercise: 1 hour Zumba

So, after I looked up the carb counts for the lasagna I noticed that it was not starred for induction. Probably because of the spaghetti sauce. I found some that I had made in the freezer last night and since it was quick and low carb I went for it.

Anyway, not sure what is actually making me stall ....could be the exercise and water retention in muscles, the chocolate, the lasagna. I just don't know. Glad it's not a gain. Hoping to get some ketone sticks to see what's going on. For some reason if I know I'm in ketosis, then I tend to not get so worked up over a stall. Most say that inches come before the whoosh. I thought I felt thinner today. Maybe it will come tomorrow.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:54 AM   #22
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)

Sorry I am just getting in here.. I need to get back in the habit of coming here DAILY... everyone left me.. so I stopped coming... SO glad you and Candy are back

keep up the great work and thanks for sharing menus and the chocolate recipe.. gonna make some for sure

it sounds better then the one I had tried before .. the Lindt chocolate and coconut oil.. :/ didn't care for it... I need it to be sweet lol

be back soon!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 05:55 PM   #23
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Soooo nice to see you here Monet! Thanks for stopping by! I'm sorry we all left you! I should have stayed for sure. I've got to get in the habit of visiting everyone again soon too!
Old 01-15-2014, 08:27 PM   #24

Quote:
Soooo nice to see you here Monet! Thanks for stopping by! I'm sorry we all left you! I should have stayed for sure. I've got to get in the habit of visiting everyone again soon too!
Old 01-17-2014, 08:19 PM   #25
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gotta try to get here everyday. Just way to much to post when I miss a couple of days!

So, Wednesday I took the day off of exercise. Seemed to be having a little bit of a struggle with wanting to snack, but staying on plan. I noticed a little bit of a sweet tooth apparently looking back on my menu. Gonna have to tone it down and not make any more of those candies. They might be a problem and I'm not teaching myself to really wean off of sweets.

Menu from Wed:

B~Coffee w/ stevia, HC(1), 2 egg(.8) omelet with sausage, feta cheese(.5), green onion(.3) =1.6
S~2 homemade chocolate=1.6
L~None=0
D~Mexican Restaurant-Texas Fajitas w/o tortillas-chicken, steak, shrimp, peppers, onions, tomatoes, pico, lettuce, guacamole,sour cream=10
D~Cheesecake Pudding=5

Total: 18.2

Thursday I woke up feeling bloated...weight was the same 147.4. I wasn't sure what was gonna show up especially since my diet was a little weird. At restaurants too you really don't know what they are putting in your food. Later that morning after...TMI alert...a bathroom trip, I decided to weigh myself again and the scales read 146.2. What?!

Menu from Thurs:

B~Coffee w/HC(2), stevia, Atkins shake(2)=4
L~1/2 can tuna w/ mayo and green onion(.2), 1/3 avocado(3)=3.2
S~1/2 Atkins bar=1
D~Linda Sue's Parmesan Chicken Casserole-2 servings=8
S~Swiss Miss Diet Hot chocolate(3), 1 tsp HC(.3)=3.3

Total Carbs: 19.5
Exercise: 1 hour Turbo Kick

Weight this morning.....146.8.....so little up from yesterday afternoon but still finally down. Not sure what it will be in the morning. My carb count today was little up. All legal but every little thing adds up. I did go do 1 hour of Zumba so maybe it all balances out!

Now I'm caught up. Tired and glad it's the weekend!
Old 01-18-2014, 08:36 AM   #26
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I actually hit the low today!!! 146.2! Got one more day for the week total. I am getting really close to my first goal of 145. That was the weight I was before I went on my "lose my mind" journey during the holidays. I pains me to be excited to be back at THAT weight but I have to remind myself that I won't stay there!

Here are my little goals....
first goal was to be out of the 150's (check)
second goal to get back to 145(almost there)
third goal to get out of the 140's (can't wait!)
fourth goal to get to 135(where I maintained for a long time and the weight I was when my brother got married-looked pretty good in my bridesmaid dress)
last goal to get back to 125(disciplined and hot).

Now that isn't my lowest weight(116) but I was very happy there. Anything that I lose beyond 125 is just plus. I just decided not to put that unneeded pressure on myself right now. If I can have a 1-2 pound lose each week then I will be pleased with myself. Slow weight loss is the best....I've been told.

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee with 2THC(2)&Stevia, Atkins shake(2)=4
S~1 celery stalk(.7), 1 swiss laughing cow cheese(1)=1.7
L~Zaxby's grilled chicken salad without fried onions (5), ranch pk(2), 4 plain wings(0), ranch cup(1), original sauce(2), 2 splenda tea(4)=14
S~Atkins bar=2
D~Cracker Barrel-Grilled chicken tenderloin(0), green beans(4), 1/2 of my collards(1), coffee w/ HNH(1) & splenda(1.5)=7.5

Total carbs: 29.2

Exercise: 1 hour of Zumba

So, I went over my 20 carbs for the day. My body kinda felt like I needed all that food. Where my counts really got me was all the splenda I used and all the sauces (dressings/sauce/cream). All of that extra adds up. That's why I find it important to write it all down because I never would have guessed I was that much over. Probably if I had not exercised yesterday I would have either stayed the same or possibly been up. I'm glad I lost!

My college sons are on their way with a friend. Gotta get up and get ready. Hope anyone reading this has a fantastic weekend!
Old 01-19-2014, 10:41 AM   #27

Lookin good Beth!!.. keep it up...

I am about to make some of your candies... thanks for sharing!!!
Old 01-19-2014, 04:45 PM   #28
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Monet!
My candies that I made just 30 minutes ago are in the freezer. I also bought some sugar free Popsicles today. No carbs and no calories...love them!

Got on the scales this morning and had gone slightly up. 146.6. Not really a huge deal but it is my weekly total so I wish it could have been more. So, I only lost a pound this week. That makes for a total of 6.8 pounds lost in the last two weeks. I really can't argue with that one.

Took the kiddos to a unique birthday party this afternoon. It was at the Humane Society. They got to pet the cats and dogs, play games, have food in a nice party room. Very interesting.

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee w/HC(2), stevia, 2 eggs(1.2), 2 sausages(0)=3.2
L~Atkins shake=2
S~1/2 celery stalk(.3), laughing cow french onion cheese(1)=1.3
D~2 portions of Linda Sue's Parmesan Chicken Casserole(8), sm. side salad(2.5)=10.5
D~sm amt of cheesecake pudding-2

Total carbs=19 (plus whatever tea I drank)
Exercise: None

Got to get back to drinking my water! I can tell a difference when I don't. Really wanting to do better this next week! I'm getting more anxious about getting this weight off. DH looks so great! He has lost 15 pounds. Men! He went to the doctor this past week and all of his levels have gone way down just from two weeks on Atkins. His doctor was really happy and told him to keep it up! Love doctors who are pro Atkins!!
Old 01-19-2014, 08:24 PM   #29

Quote:
Hey Monet!
My candies that I made just 30 minutes ago are in the freezer. I also bought some sugar free Popsicles today. No carbs and no calories...love them!

Got on the scales this morning and had gone slightly up. 146.6. Not really a huge deal but it is my weekly total so I wish it could have been more. So, I only lost a pound this week. That makes for a total of 6.8 pounds lost in the last two weeks. I really can't argue with that one.

Took the kiddos to a unique birthday party this afternoon. It was at the Humane Society. They got to pet the cats and dogs, play games, have food in a nice party room. Very interesting.

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee w/HC(2), stevia, 2 eggs(1.2), 2 sausages(0)=3.2
L~Atkins shake=2
S~1/2 celery stalk(.3), laughing cow french onion cheese(1)=1.3
D~2 portions of Linda Sue's Parmesan Chicken Casserole(8), sm. side salad(2.5)=10.5
D~sm amt of cheesecake pudding-2

Total carbs=19 (plus whatever tea I drank)
Exercise: None

Got to get back to drinking my water! I can tell a difference when I don't. Really wanting to do better this next week! I'm getting more anxious about getting this weight off. DH looks so great! He has lost 15 pounds. Men! He went to the doctor this past week and all of his levels have gone way down just from two weeks on Atkins. His doctor was really happy and told him to keep it up! Love doctors who are pro Atkins!!
That, my friend is awesome .... there are so many who don't..

6.8 pounds gone.... awesome!!!
Old 01-20-2014, 04:11 AM   #30
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Candy~thanks! I think with these issues will be with us for life unfortunately. We can certainly conquer them but they will always be a temptation. With every temptation the more you "starve" it the less control it has over you!
Yes! So true!!

Quote:
My homemade chocolates were made from 4 squares of Lindt 85% chocolate melted with 1 stick of butter and stevia liquid drops. I then poured the mixture into tiny muffin pan and put in freezer. They are amazing. When I am able to eat peanut butter again I will add some of that . The only carbs in the candy is the chocolate. Net carbs for 4 squares is 9. Divided by 12 tiny muffin....rounded up to .8.
Saving this for later!

Beth, I've struggled with a stall (in my mind) this week and only lost a little. I too "feel" smaller. I think we can tell. It's just something psychological about those #'s on the scale for me. Congrats on hitting the low though!!

I love your goals! I love that you are not putting the extra pressure on yourself too!

Sometimes I think it does our body good to go over the daily count, as long as they are "legal" foods. But, maybe that's just my warped opinion!

A birthday party at the humane society is definitely unique! If they have a nice party room, others must do something there too! Interesting ...

And lastly, there are days I wish I could lose my weight like a man ..... haha!

Monet, I should have stayed here too!! I wouldn't be in such bad shape if I had stayed!!