Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2014, 04:06 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
I hear ya Candy..

guys!
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2014, 08:45 PM   #32
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Low Carb Mommy
Stats: 175/118 /New wt. 153/137/120
WOE: Atkins & Watching Calories-Starting over
Start Date: September 2006/2014
Thanks Monet! You make me smile!

Candy~The thing I have to come back to time and time again with this WOE is that I really do feel and look my very best when I eat this way. SOOOO no matter what the scales say how can I really argue with that fact?
Why do I then choose to eat the way that makes me feel bad and causes me to gain weight? I don't know. Given the fact that I know I am an emotional eater, then why do I pick foods that make me feel bad instead of better. Is it something that I have been taught? Feel bad here's some french fries and brownies. Even TV shows people in distressed eating out of a carton of ice-cream. Convenience and easy are also accomplices.

We think dieting is just so hard. I wonder if we had a brain switch....kinda like seeing the glass half empty or half full....if we would see that eating the right things are just as easy. It takes the same effort really. It's all in what you prepare for and think about. It's the same energy to buy the right foods as the wrong foods....the same energy to really prepare it....you can choose to keep the right foods in the house just as you can the wrong. Where I fail is when I don't make that conscience decision.

When you are preparing for a party you think about what you are going to be serving, where and when you will go get it, how much to buy, how to prepare it? So we know we CAN conscientiously think about food and do what it takes...we just psych ourselves out and tell ourselves its too hard.

We really have got to dig deep and explore our own thoughts about why we do what we do. It's not until we get honest will things really change. A temporary fix is great but it won't stay for the long haul.

Wow, what a ramble! There is so much to explore! I do agree with you Candy on choosing to eat legal foods even if you overeat. You know I have a friend who did LC recently and lost 50 pounds. She just ate low carb. She didn't stress over whether or not she ate too much broccoli or ate something out of order ....she just ate and stayed COMPLETELY on plan and never cheated. I wondered what would that feel like? Certainly would be a lot less stressful for a lot of people that give up so easily. If I am REALLY TRULY committed 100 % to eating LC, then I will think, plan, and do what it takes to stay on plan. Just like a diabetic has to change their way of eating or really put their bodies in jeopardy, so must I.

Getting onto business.....scales were down slightly 146.4. Still not at lowest but almost...maybe tomorrow. I did pick up some ketone sticks and tested this afternoon. It showed moderate. Woo Hoo

Menu from yesterday:

B~Breakfast bowl mix: Pork chop(0), sausage(0), mushrooms(.5), 1/8 cup spinach(.5), green onion(.3), feta cheese(.5), sprinkle of cheddar cheese(0), coffee w/ HC(3), stevia=4.8
L~Atkins shake=2
D~NY strip steak(.5), couple of shrimp(0), onions(.5), portabello mushrooms(.4), leaf of romaine w/ olive oil & red-wine vinegar(0), olives(.3)=1.7
D~Homemade chocolate candy=2.8

Total carbs=11.3 (plus splenda tea...but really didn't drink too much)
Exercise-None

My Journey to Success
Getting back to the skinny me!
"Long life to you! Good health to you and your household! And good health to all that is yours!" Samuel 25:6
Low Carb Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 04:24 PM   #33
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Went up a little this morning...146.6. Really ready for a drop. Looking back on my past with LC eating this is what I typically do. Doesn't take the frustration away but it is what it is. I killed it last night at Zumba! My head and clothes were soaked. Tested ketones this morning and was in deep. So, I have to just know that I am doing good and keep going.

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee w/ HC(1), stevia, Atkins shake=3
L~Cheese chips(2), tuna salad, 5 sugar free hamburger pickles(1)=3
S~Atkins bar=2
D~Pork chops(0), Brussels sprouts roasted in coconut oil(5)=5
D~2 homemade chocolate=2.8

Total carbs=12.8
Exercise: 24 crunches on ab machine, 24 each side on abdominal rotation machine, 24 arm push-up machine, 1 hour Zumba
Old 01-24-2014, 07:36 AM   #34
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Alot going on....sorry it's been a few days. Weight has only gone down to 146.4. Ketone sticks showing sm-moderate. Really frustrated with that. Doing well with diet (at least I think so...). Weight not going down really makes me question why oh why. Here's what I have been eating. Don't have time to do the fancy totals just trying to stay accountable....

Tues-
B~Coffee w/HC & stevia, Atkins shake
L~Dairy Queen grilled chicken salad w/ 1 pk ranch, splenda tea
S~Atkins bar, Mozzarella chips (1 cup shredded)
D~Hamburger & fried cabbage

Wed.-

B~Coffee w/HC & stevia, Atkins shake w/ tsp almond butter
L~Atkins shake
S~1/2 stick celery, Babybel cheese
D~Chicken parmesan strips, couple broc. florets, half carrot
D~1 chocolate candy

Thurs-
B~Coffee w/ HC, Stevia, Atkins shake
L~2 Parmesan Chicken Strips, 1/2 celery stalk, 2 cherry tomatos, 1 cauli floret, lettuce, ranch, 1/4 cup green beans
S~Coffee w/2 splendas & 3 HNH tiny cups
D~Ribeye, few onions, few mushrooms, 1/4 cup green beans
D~1 choc. candy

So there it is.....any suggestions? Maybe I should cut out the candy even though it's very low in carbs. Am I having too much fat? What the heck is going on? I didn't get to the gym the past two days and it doesn't look like I am going today. DS3 is sick. Well, I'll just keep on keeping on....This weight has got to drop at some point!!!!
Old 01-24-2014, 10:31 AM   #35
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

OMG!! I just realized something that makes me so irritated at myself! I might have figured out why my weight has stalled!! You know how you take the carb total and subtract the fiber total to get the true carb counts.....well, I had been using my Atkins book to get a lot of my counts. In the back of the book there are two columns with counts. I had been assuming that the second column was fiber count like most nutritional charts. WELLLL I just discovered that the second column is telling me the amount of carbs after THEY had subtracted the fiber out!! They did the work for me!! So I have really been eating more carbs that I thought. UGH! I don't think it has been a drastic difference but it might just explain what is happening. At least my carb counts have been fairly low and had room to come up. We will see I guess!
Old 01-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Mommy View Post
Alot going on....sorry it's been a few days. Weight has only gone down to 146.4. Ketone sticks showing sm-moderate. Really frustrated with that. Doing well with diet (at least I think so...). Weight not going down really makes me question why oh why. Here's what I have been eating. Don't have time to do the fancy totals just trying to stay accountable....

Tues-
B~Coffee w/HC & stevia, Atkins shake
L~Dairy Queen grilled chicken salad w/ 1 pk ranch, splenda tea
S~Atkins bar, Mozzarella chips (1 cup shredded)
D~Hamburger & fried cabbage

Wed.-

B~Coffee w/HC & stevia, Atkins shake w/ tsp almond butter
L~Atkins shake
S~1/2 stick celery, Babybel cheese
D~Chicken parmesan strips, couple broc. florets, half carrot
D~1 chocolate candy

Thurs-
B~Coffee w/ HC, Stevia, Atkins shake
L~2 Parmesan Chicken Strips, 1/2 celery stalk, 2 cherry tomatos, 1 cauli floret, lettuce, ranch, 1/4 cup green beans
S~Coffee w/2 splendas & 3 HNH tiny cups
D~Ribeye, few onions, few mushrooms, 1/4 cup green beans
D~1 choc. candy

So there it is.....any suggestions? Maybe I should cut out the candy even though it's very low in carbs. Am I having too much fat? What the heck is going on? I didn't get to the gym the past two days and it doesn't look like I am going today. DS3 is sick. Well, I'll just keep on keeping on....This weight has got to drop at some point!!!!
Looks good to me... .. but how can you just eat 1 candy?? UGH.. I made some and ate a few pieces the first and second day ... my MIL had a few and the next day I ate the rest..:/ I'm a glutton I tell ya..

hang in there sweets.. you'll start losing again..
Old 01-24-2014, 04:29 PM   #37
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Monet~I know right?!!!! They are soooo good! It's only because I have to come here and report that I only eat one. I ate the last one today and I think that I won't make anymore. They call me from the freezer every time I go by it!!!
Old 01-25-2014, 09:19 AM   #38
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Scales stayed the same this morning 146.4. Tested ketones and they were negative. I made some chili last night with meat, package of store bought chili seasoning, and Muir Glen crushed tomatoes and chunky tomato sauce. I know that the premade chili seasoning had flour starch in it. Kinda wanted to see if my body would let me get by with it or not. Guess not. I only had one bowl. The tomatoes were lowest I could find. This meal is not going to be a regular while I am trying to get weight off. Going to see how I can make my own seasoning and try it again later.

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee w/HC(1), Stevia, 1 egg(.6), 2 bacon(0)=1.6
L~Parm chicken strip(.5), 1/2 celery stalk(.4), 1/2 laughing cow swiss cheese(.5), choc. candy(1.4)=2.8
S~Atkins bar=2
D~Homemade chili (probably 2 cups) (10?), sour cream(1), cheese(1)=12?
S~Diet swiss miss hot chocolate(3), HC(1)=4

Total=20.4
No exercise

The chocolate candies are gone. Not gonna make anymore. I don't know why this WOE makes me crave chocolate even more. Very interesting. Wonder if anyone else experiences the same thing. I'm gonna have to go really strict this week to see if I can get this weight moving again. Planning on uping my water intake too. Also this week I wasn't able to get in the gym after Tues. Taking care of sick kid. I know I should've tried to find some way to do some exercise at home. Stress just shuts me down. My parents were here too. Lots going on in this house. Gotta make time for me though!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:47 AM   #39
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Here we go again....starting out the day weighing the same. I don't know what I am going to do this week but I WILL get these scales to move!!!

I was really down yesterday afternoon. Felt depressed and really wish I could eat my feelings. I know I can't go back there. That person was even more miserable than I am now. Just finding that I'm in need of the scale affirmation....that what I am doing is working. Just a small loss would do wonders for me.

The last two weeks I have told myself that it was just my body adjusting....it's the exercise I am doing....now today I am blaming it on my stupid menopausal body....that and maybe I am just eating too much fat. I looked around and even searched in threads counting calories and carbs. I have to tell you that I found some really crazy stuff. I just don't think that I can live like that for the rest of my life. What is the point in doing a diet for a short amount of time just to get off weight. You will only gain it back when you stop that diet! So I made a decision, to keep going. I know I feel better. I know my body is reacting better. I know that I am burning fat by my ketone sticks. Just got to keep walking this process by faith!

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee w/ 1T.&1tsp (1.3), stevia, 2 eggs(1.2), sausage, 1 oz. feta(1), 1 T. onion(.9)=4.4
L~2 cups green leaf lettuce(.8), ranch(1), tuna(0), mayo(0)=1.8
S~Atkins strawberry banana shake=2
D~Wendy's-double cheeseburger(1), red onion(1), mayo(0), mustard(0), 4 sliced dill pickles(.5), side salad(2), ranch(1), tea w. 2 splenda(2)=7.5
D~Sugar-free Popsicle=0

Total=15.7

It's kinda hard finding specific counts for all the extras like slices of red onion and pickles etc. I have found the easiest way to find out is just to Google it. Most I find on a carb counter site if they aren't in my Atkins book. Unless a person is journaling their menu and keeping up with the carb counts, I really don't know how they know just how much they are eating. My first go around with LC eating I got to where I could remember how many carbs were in specific food items without having to look them up. I am ready to get back there....out of practice.
Old 01-27-2014, 10:14 AM   #40
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Edwards20
WOE: LC
Beth, I use apps on my phone to track my carbs. I have a couple on there, but the best one I have found is Fat Secret. I feel your pain with the weight not dropping. I just told DH last night, that I have to stick to it a solid 6 weeks with NO loss before I can say it didn't work. We'll get there. I know if I eat any Atkins shakes or bars I stall. Not sure why, but I do.
Edwards20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 11:08 AM   #41
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Candy for your encouragement!! It's amazing how much it helps!!

I did come across that site when goggling. I like it. You are right about the 6 weeks. I also haven't measured (wish I had). Sometimes my clothes feel loose and sometimes not.

Not sure about Atkins shakes and bars either. I am cutting out the bars and all other forms of chocolate to see if it helps. Don't think I can cut out the shakes yet. They are my alternative for breakfast. I would gag if I had to eat eggs every day.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:46 PM   #42
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

FINALLY!!!!!! 145!! Woot woot! That's a 1.8 pound loss from yesterday!! Big encouragement for me!!!

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee w/ HC(1), stevia, 2 eggs(1.2), green pepper(.2), onion(.9), mushroom(.4, feta cheese(.5)=4.2
L~Atkins shake=2
S~Celery stalk(.8), laughing cow swiss cheese(1)=1.8
D~Roast beef-crockpot(0), 1/2 cup beef broth(.5), 1/2 cup green beans(2.9), 1/2 cup broccoli(1.7)=5.1

Total carbs=13.1

Exercise-1 hour Zumba

Drank plenty of water yesterday too.

It's snowing here and kids got out of school early. They are having fun playing. Got to go fix some hot chocolate for them.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:41 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Carb Mommy View Post
FINALLY!!!!!! 145!! Woot woot! That's a 1.8 pound loss from yesterday!! Big encouragement for me!!!

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee w/ HC(1), stevia, 2 eggs(1.2), green pepper(.2), onion(.9), mushroom(.4, feta cheese(.5)=4.2
L~Atkins shake=2
S~Celery stalk(.8), laughing cow swiss cheese(1)=1.8
D~Roast beef-crockpot(0), 1/2 cup beef broth(.5), 1/2 cup green beans(2.9), 1/2 cup broccoli(1.7)=5.1

Total carbs=13.1

Exercise-1 hour Zumba

Drank plenty of water yesterday too.

It's snowing here and kids got out of school early. They are having fun playing. Got to go fix some hot chocolate for them.
woooohoooooo!!!
Old 01-29-2014, 10:39 AM   #44
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm rocking!! 144.4 today!! So far that's 9 pounds!! Woo hoo!!

Menu from yesterday:

B~2 eggs(1.2), mushroom(.4), 1T onion(.9), 1T green peppers(.2), feta cheese(.5), coffee w/HC(1.3), stevia=4.7
L~2/3 cup tuna salad(tuna in water plus mayo)(0), 2 cups spinach(.6), ranch(1)=1.6
D~Tilapia in butter(0), 3/4 cup of cauliflower(2), 1/4 cup grated cheese(.5), 1 tsp sour cream(0), 1.5 cups cooked spinach(1)=3.5

Total=9.8
Exercise-1 hr Zumba

Wow, didn't really realize my carbs were so low yesterday. I did feel like I needed something late but just chewed some gum and drank water and tried not to eat late. I should've checked my carbs and enjoyed some diet swiss miss. I don't want this losing streak to end .

It's a stay at home day for everyone. Roads are too bad to get out on. I feel so bad for the people/kids that got stranded in ATL!! Must have been awful!
Old 01-30-2014, 05:28 PM   #45
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I stayed the same in my weight this morning. I felt thinner but the scales didn't show a loss. I was slightly disappointed. Maybe tomorrow....that is if my muscles don't decide to hold a bunch of water from my Turbo Kick class I took this afternoon. That sucker is HARD!! I sweated bullets too!!

Menu from yesterday:

B~2 eggs scrambled(1.2), bacon(0), sausage(0), coffee w/ HC(2), stevia=3.2
L~Atkins shake(2), sm. piece of roast leftover(0), 1 tsp mayo(0)=2
D~Grilled chicken in coconut oil(0), 1/2 cup spaghetti squash(4), 1/4 cup Ragu Alfredo sauce(2.5), 2 cups romaine lettuce(.8), 2 T. Hidden Valley Bacon Ranch(1)=8.3
D~SF Popsicle(0), SF jello(0), 1 tsp. cream cheese(.5?)=.5

Total~14
Exercise-None

I wish spaghetti squash didn't have so many carbs! I could have eaten a whole plate! I think next time too I will make my own Alfredo Sauce. The jar I bought I noticed had modified food starch in it! UGH! Might have been why I didn't lose anything. I tried to go with just 1/4 cup but I probably had more licking this and that!

I've been using an app on my phone to track. I was curious to see how many calories I am eating along with carb counts. Very interesting. I haven't gotten above my calories intake they say I should have (1200). They give you calorie credit for your exercise. You are supposed to eat back the calories you burn so your body doesn't go into starvation mode. I haven't eaten them back so it gets onto me every time I finish logging in for the day. Really don't know what to follow but I am just going by my weight loss and how I feel. I am fighting a little every night to eat....maybe I am really hungry. So far I have pushed through because I really want to see the scale keep going. It's a learning process for sure!!
Old 01-31-2014, 07:37 AM   #46
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

As I predicted my weight went slightly up...144.8. I know my muscles are holding water. They are quite sore. Hopefully some of that water I will lose today. I want a good total for Sunday's weekly weigh in. Started out this week weighing 146.8.

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee w/ HC(1), stevia, Atkins shake(2)=3
L~2 cups romaine lettuce(.8), 2 T. Bacon Ranch(1), slice of bacon crumbled(0), 4 cherry tomatoes(2)=3.8
S~1/3 cup of cheese made into chips(1), 8 olives(2)=3
S2~Atkins bar(2), tea w/ stevia=2
D~1 cup of Perdue short cuts roasted chicken(2), 1 cup of french green beans(4)=6
LS~Diet Swiss Miss made with water=3

Total 20.8
Exercise: 10 min(1/2 mile) on treadmill for warm up, and 1 hour of Turbo Kick!!
Old 02-04-2014, 08:19 AM   #47
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

It's taken me so long to get here! Been so busy...but still keeping up and staying on plan. I hit a new low Sunday (the day that really counts ) 144! Have gone up a little since then but that's just the way my body loses. Here have been my menus to catch up here....

Menu from Saturday (not totally sure on carb counts):
Weight:144.4

B~Coffee with HC(1), stevia, Atkins shake(2)=3
L~None
D~Housewarming party: Chicken, Pork, Salad(Avocado, peppers, tomato, basil pesto, celery, olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, black beans-didn't eat) (2), Broccoli salad with olive oil spices (2)=4
S~Coffee with Coffeemate & stevia(2), misc carbs(4)=6
T=13

Menu from Sunday:
Weight:144

B~Coffee w/ HC(1), stevia, 2 fried eggs(1.2), sausage(0)=2.2
L~Atkins bar=2
D/S~Pork skins, 4 T. sour cream mixed with 2T. salsa & crumbled sausage((3.8), 1 stalk celery(.8), LC yogurt(3), 1T. pb(3)=10.6
L~2 sugar free pop=0
T=14.8

Menu from yesterday:
Weight145.2

Zumba

B~Coffee w/ HC(1), stevia, shake(2), 1T.PB(3)=6
S~1 egg(.6), mayo, 2 revolution rolls(1.5)=2.1
L~2 revolution rolls(1.5), turkey(1), 2 leafs romaine(.4), mayo, mustard=2.9
S~Laughing cow cheese(1)=1
D~Pork Loin Roast, 1 cup cooked cabbage(4), 3 cucumber slices(1)=5
T=17

Weight this morning....144.6
Old 02-05-2014, 07:24 AM   #48
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Title for today....UGH! I am so tired of going up and down! I know it's my own fault someone would say...."STAY OFF THE SCALES"! But I just can't! Good or bad I need to know what things effect my weight on this journey. Yesterday was one of those days. Weight up a pound this morning...145.6..up 1.6 from my lowest on this particular journey. Today is my monthly total. I have been on Atkins for a full month and not cheated!! Very proud of that fact. I have lost 7.8 pounds this month. I have also exercised quite a bit too. Anyway, if I had remembered that today would be my monthly total day, I would have for sure not tested the waters in unknown food carb counts yesterday.

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee w/ HC(1), stevia, 2 eggs(1.2), mayo, 2 revolution rolls(1.5)=3.7
S~RR(.5) w/ tsp cream cheese((not enough to count), Atkins bar(2)=2.5
L~Wild Wings Cafe-side salad(5), 5 garlic traditional wings(5), 2 celery sticks(.4), ranch(4), blue cheese(2)=16.4?
D~Homemade broccoli cheese soup (whole pot made with butter, garlic, onion, broccoli, 3 oz. velveeta, 1/2 oz cream cheese, 1/2 cup of HWC -2 cups=8?

Total=30.6
Exercise=Zumba 1hour

So there it is....when I estimated my carb counts, I can see why I went up a pound. Maybe I should be thankful it wasn't more. Hopefully it is just water weight and will be gone soon. I tested ketones this morning and was still in mod-deep ketosis where I have stayed for at least a week. Really not clear on if that is a good level to be to lose the most weight. Still tracking my calories too and staying under 1200. Wondering if anyone is reading any of this or if I am just talking to myself. Nevertheless, I feel that this journal helps me by putting my feelings in writing. Gonna go do some housework and burn some calories and make myself feel better about being up today.
Old 02-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattmich6
Stats: 222/211/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Hi Beth! I just started my journal yesterday! I love reading all of the other journals for inspiration!

I am doing low carb up to 40 carbs a day but may cut back to 20.

Your homemade chocolates look really good! Its always good to have something on hand when you get a sweet tooth:-)

Melissa
mattmich6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 09:40 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/183/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
hi! I am enjoying your journal!

I am on day 19 of induction, I weight 190lbs, 5'4" and 37 years old. I have lost 7.4lbs in the first two weeks and nothing this week. I am just sticking with the program and I hope the weight keeps on coming off. This way of eating really suits me!

keep up the good work, I have started a journal too
wish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 10:32 AM   #51

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/199.2/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi LowCarbMommy! I think you are doing great. Nearly 8 pounds in a month is pretty good! How tall are you? I started Atkins Jan. 20th and I'm not sure how much I'm down. Last time I weighed it was about 9 pounds. I'm trying to stay away from the scale as it can put me in an awful mood. I will probably weigh in again next Friday or so. Also, remember you are exercising which can cause blips on the scale. The blips aren't your true weight, just your body accomodating the exercise by filling the torn muscles with water. Your menu looks just fine to me. Just keep on doing what you're doing!
1/5/14 GOAL #1 BACK TO ONEDERLAND 3/4/14 MADE IT
3/4/14 GOAL #2 194.6 (20 LBS EVICTED FOR 2014)
TAKING IT ONE DAY AT A TIME
Gracie514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 11:14 AM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Edwards20
WOE: LC
Hey sister! Looks like you are rocking right along. I don't do so well if I don't stay close to 20 carbs. Do you think you are having too few carbs? Enough fat? I feel your pain about the eggs, but I force myself to eat them because I should. I'd starve to death with just a bar for breakfast hahah! You have worked this plan before, so I am confident you know your body best, and you WILL be back to where you want to be soon!! And PS: I can't stay off the scales either!!
Edwards20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:07 PM   #53
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow! Hi everyone! So great to see all of you here in my journal! What a boost I have received this afternoon from all of the support you are giving me!

mattmich6~I kept a journal here for a few years. The first entry of this journal has a link to my old journal. It was a raw journey for me. and I told exactly how I was feeling while learning how to low carb. I was away for so long from that journal that they wanted me to start a new journal. I have found that they really do help me stay on track and accountable! I'll have to come and check out your journal too! Love reading them as well! Great to know that I'm not the only one that goes through different emotions. Love those chocolates! Hope you enjoy them!

wish~Thanks for visiting me! You are doing great!! I lost good in the beginning and then stalled. I think your body just has to get used to the new way of eating. Hang in there! You have a great attitude and seem like you are fully committed! You will be successful!

Gracie514~I am a shorty! 4'10". Every pound shows on me...no grace! Also, I'm 44 and have 4 children I think you are right about exercising for sure. I do find that some days after exercising even my jeans are tighter. I know that my muscles are sore and holding water. It's a frustration on the scales, but I have to look back and see that I am on plan and just choose to let it go. In the end, building muscle will help me with weight loss among other great benefits! Thanks for your encouragement!

Candy~ Hey! Thanks for your encouraging words. You walked this path with me the last time. I know I can do it. I'm just impatient at times! Keep reminding me when I lose my way....
Old 02-06-2014, 07:52 AM   #54
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

So pumped this morning! I was back down to my lowest number 144 since the Feb 2nd! Now I feel like I can move forward! I am threatening my scales that they better not disappoint me anymore!

I think I have said before that my DH is doing LC with me. He has lost 20 pounds since Jan 5th. I am so proud of him. It helps me so much when he is on board. Since we are doing so good with this WOE, my mom has gotten on board. She has lost 15 in the last couple of weeks. So excited for her. She has a lot to lose and I pray she sticks with it. I have to remind myself that I am on the lower end of my weight loss. I can't get discouraged that my weight loss is slower. I lost pretty fast the first time from 175 to my weight now. After that it was just slow and pretty much like it has been now. That's where keeping a journal and record really helps. I can look back and see that it's all normal. Now if I could just get my emotions to catch up with the facts.

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee w/ HC(1), stevia, Atkins shake(2)=3
L~Waffle House-Grilled Chicken Salad(5), Ranch(2), Splenda tea(3)=10
S~1/4 Shredded Queso cheese fried in a pan=.5
D~Crockpot boneless, skinless, chicken thigh(0), 1/2 cup collard greens(2)=2

Total=15.5
Exercise-nothing but cleaning house and walking around grocery store

When I was walking through the grocery store yesterday, I started looking at some sauces and carb counts. I do miss sauces...bbq sauce...asian type sauces...the convenience of just grabbing a bottle. I know I can convert and make my own to some extent, but I really would love one day to be able to go get what I need and not have to go find it online and pay a big price for it. On that note, I did see some LC bread at Kroger. I thought that I might start buying this bread instead of the other to make my kids sandwiches for lunch.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:39 PM   #55
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Wow, you are doing so well! Congratulations on your weight loss! That is awesome. Even better -- your husband and mom both lost weight too. You are a really wonderful inspiration to this community.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 05:55 PM   #56
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thank you so much GailyGail! I really appreciate your words of encouragement. Please come back and visit!
Old 02-06-2014, 11:15 PM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: skyesmom2002
Stats: 194/173/154
WOE: Low Carb
Hi Beth,
I stumbled across your first journal a few years back and read your whole journey. Your story was such an inspiration to me . Keep up the good work...
skyesmom2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 06:39 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mattmich6
Stats: 222/211/150
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2, 2014
Congrats Beth!!! 144 is sooo awesome !!!!! I like the idea of making fried cheese as a snack. Im looking for some new snack options.

Have a wonderful LC day xoxo
Melissa
mattmich6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 07:09 AM   #59
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning!!

Tanya~Wow! Really? Wow!! That was a lot of reading! I am touched that you would take the time to read the whole thing! I'm so glad to hear that you were inspired. Thank you for letting me know. Please visit me here anytime you want. Love suggestions!

Melissa~Thanks I just love cheese! I think I would eat a lb a day if I could. If you find some good snack suggestions, please share them with me. I'm also always on the lookout for new ideas!

I was so happy to see my scales stayed the same this morning 144. Usually after I do my Turbo Kick class my muscles seem to retain water. My muscles are sore today, so if they are retaining then maybe that means that I have lost more weight . That class is really hard for me. Lots of kicking and air punching plus tummy work and leg squats....but it's the jumping jacks that get me! I despise jumping jacks! I'm glad to have at least one class that really challenges me. I've been doing Zumba for so long that I think my body has gotten used to it.

So, tonight DH and I have the house all to ourselves. Older two won't come home from college until tomorrow (they only come home to wash clothes, but I'm always happy to have a few hours with them a week) and my two younger ones have a birthday party sleepover. Yippee! DH and I have planned to go out to eat tonight...thinking Ruby Tuesday....steaks and salads! I can't wait! We might go see a movie if there is anything playing. It's so hard though for DH to go see movies without popcorn. I try to sneak in pork rinds and Atkins bars to get us through. We have also cut out sodas. Funny how the movie experience is really dampened by cutting those two food items out. Booo

Menu from yesterday:

B~Coffee w/ HC(1), stevia, 2 egg omelet(1.2) w/ T. onion(.9), 1 cup super greens(.4), 1/2 oz feta cheese(.5), 1 T. sour cream(.5)=4.5
L~Atkins shake(2) mixed with LC yogurt(3), 1 T. pb(3), 1 cup super greens(.4)=6.4
S~Laughing cow Swiss wedge=1
D~Ground Chuck hamburger(0), 2 T. mayo(0), mustard(0), LC ketchup(1), 4 leafs of romaine lettuce(.5), grilled onions(2), splenda tea(2)=5.5

T=17.4
Exercise-Turbo Kick

Need to up my water today. Yesterday and this morning experiencing headache in the back of my head. I used to know where your headache pain was in your head indicated what your body was lacking. I'll have to look it up. Been taking my women's multivitamin everyday....don't think I mentioned that before. Have a great weekend!
Old 02-08-2014, 04:07 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: wish
Stats: 215/183/145
WOE: Atkins/ketogenic
Start Date: January 18 2014
great job!
wish is offline   Reply With Quote