LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: bws_57
Stats: 199/192/182
WOE: Atkins/Protein Power
Start Date: 1/3/2014
Starting Again

Starting Atkins induction today. 199 lbs, goal of 180.
Breakfast - 2 eggs, 3 slices bacon.
Lunch - Tuna Salad (tuna, celery, onion, mayo), 1oz cheddar cheese
Dinner - plan on having Ceaser Salad with Chicken Breast.

No snacks today, and I haven't had a craving yet at 2pm.
bws_57 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #2
Junior LCF Member

End of the third day of induction and all is well. My first day I did not have the Ceaser salad for dinner. I had a regular salad from the salad bar, since the resturaunt I was at did not have a Ceaser salad. I was actually at a retirement party for a co-worker which was held at a pizza parlor. I stuck to the plan, and was not too tempted by the pizza or beer. The pizza was not hard since the place we were at has pretty bad pizza. But the beer was good micro brew. But I held myself to water and one diet cola.

I found a great source for recipes, Linda's Low Carb Menus (Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home). I like to cook, and this site has a whole lot of recipes. We really liked the faux rice recipe using grated cauliflower. This adds a whole new concept for us, since we now have another 'base' for curries or other items that are served over rice or noodles. We have always used sliced cabbage, which we like, but now we have another option.

Also made a crustless quiche which was also very good and can be taken as leftovers for lunch.

Fortunately my cravings for snacks have not been too high, so I have not had to work too hard to stay on track. Keeping myself busy helps.
Old 01-12-2014, 06:07 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 199/192/160 5'5.5"
Start Date: :::again::: December 26, 2013
Sounds like you are doing great!! You are in control...that is a great feeling!

It's amazing how cravings go away when we eat so clean!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 06:39 PM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Still going strong

I haven't been checking in as often as I would like, but I'e now been at it for 12 days and all is well. I have been following induction strictly since I started. Not really having cravings, except late in the evenings. I don't seem to have much of the desire to snack during the day. When I do get an itch for a snack, I try and distract myself by getting up from my desk and moving around. That seems to work pretty good.

I do not want to obsess with the weight issue. I only weighed myself on the morning after the 1st week. Just over 7 lbs lost. But what I really notice is how my clothes fit. Most clothes I have are size large, and they were all starting to get a bit tight, especially the shirts. After the first week I really noticed that the tightness was gone and I can bend and stretch much easier. I even started to fasten my belt one notch tighter this morning.

I am on this journey with my wife. It is great to have support, and also to support her. We have done this together in the past and have been successful. But she does get a bit upset since I tend to drop weight a bit easier than her. But she lost close to 3 lbs in the first week. One f the big things I am trying to help her with is the importance of not just limiting carbs, but also eating at least 3 meals, and making sure she gets enough protein. She has a tendency to skip breakfast, and not eat enough protein. But this time she is getting better about both of those since we have breakfast together, and plan our lunches together. It's great to have, and provide support.