Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kattbelly
Wow about the Karo syrup, profound life experience reveal. I don't remember food given as comfort, I remember shame being attached to wanting food though, which explains a lot of my food hangups.

Have a great weekend!
Kattbelly is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2014, 12:24 PM   #242
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RoxyRoller
Stats: 315/259.8/200 next weigh 9/1/14
WOE: Calorie controlled, average 75 carbs per day
Start Date: December 30, 2013
Treadmill: 35 minutes
Stationary bike: 16 minutes

I am finding that I have to exercise more intensely to sweat like I did in the beginning and get my heart rate up....progress, I love progress.

Breakfast: 2 pancakes made with standard 1/2 cup mix topped with Splenda and cinnamon, 1 fried egg.

Lunch: 1 hot dog (bunless) with dill pickle and mustard.

Dinner: 8 oz. cooked weight chicken thigh, 1/2 cup home made coleslaw.

Totals: 1427 calories/71 carbs

Great weather today, DH put our flags out. I cleaned the grill (ewwww, but, it had to be done). Ribs and fun tomorrow! I cheat and start the ribs in the oven with dry rub (salt, pepper, garlic), finish on the grill adding bbq sauce the last few minutes - they turn out great - I won't win the Barbecue Pit Masters Award, and that's ok, as long as everyone enjoys them.

8 days until weigh-in...I know I've lost, I can feel it in all my clothes (had to get new underoos). I have a denim vest-type shirt edged in black lace and laced up the back that I love - I can finally wear it without it gapping in the front, and I have a long denim coat (think 70's jean coat) that I put on and can almost button (previously I could not get my arms in it comfortably). I figure by the time the weather is suitable for that jean coat it will be loose! And of course there are my size 14 button-fly jeans that I gaze at longingly, I'll get back into those if it's the last thing I do! No retreat! No surrender!

Oh! I was out and about last evening picking up a few items and I came across a cool folding director's chair (outdoor type) with a little side table/drink holder, it was on sale for $19.99 (reg. 29.99)...so.....I took one off the shelf and proceeded to unfold it in the aisle, and then.....I....sat....down...AND....I....FIT!! I fit! ha ha! I fit, I fit, I fit!!! It didn't collapse! No bulging thigh dough from underneath the arms of the chair! I could stand up and it wasn't attached to my butt!! AND I got another $7 off using my store discount card! Woot! A small victory in the eyes of most people I'm sure, but I felt like I had successfully stormed the beach at Normandy!

Thanks to all who are serving/have served in our armed forces, without you we would not be able to enjoy the freedoms we have in this great country.

Peace.

[Hazel Starr to her daughter Alva] "It wouldn't be forever with Mr Johnson.
I am asking you to give him a few short, tiny weeks out of your life, till I get the house in Memphis straight so he can't pull out. Nobody's gonna know."
This Property Is Condemned (1966) Natalie Wood was brilliant in this.
Vada Sultenfuss..."Once I sat on a toilet seat at a truck stop and caught hemorrhoids, and I've learned to live with this chicken bone that's been lodged in my throat for the past three years." My Girl 1991

"'Cause we're a loving couple...spanning time."
Billy Brown and Layla, Buffalo 66 (1998)
RoxyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
What great Non Scale Victories! That is what keeps us going
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:40 PM   #244
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Love the chair! Love the story! I can't wait to hear how much you've lost!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:45 PM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Love the chair! Love the story! I can't wait to hear how much you've lost!
Me too!
Old 05-25-2014, 01:57 PM   #246
Senior LCF Member

Stationary bike: 40 minutes

Busy, busy.....

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs

Lunch/Dinner: Pork spare ribs, coleslaw, medium ear corn on the cob with butter, 2 or 3 vodka and diet cranberry's (I'm going to try them as a "slushy" blended with ice - it is 98 degrees today!).

Totals: 1690 calories/55 carbs

Time to get the ribs out of the oven and onto the grill....good day all.
Old 05-26-2014, 02:03 PM   #247
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 32 minutes

I have to say....vodka/diet cranberry slushies rock!

Busy day so far, cleaned up from yesterday, which wasn't really bad because I used disposable everything right down to the flatware. I did have to clean the grill again...bbq sauce makes such a mess, not to mention the grease that continued to render from the ribs (which turned out really good...got a few left for tonight's dinner.)

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, 4 prunes.

Lunch: 1/2 ham and cheese on rye (1 slice rye, 4 slices ham, 1 oz slice cheddar cheese) with lettuce, mustard and pickle, celery and carrots sticks with hot sauce.

Dinner: 3 leftover ribs, 1/2 cup potato salad.

Totals: 1325 calories/81 carbs

"You gotta get a little dirty when you're diggin' for gold...."
Shakin Hands by Nickleback
Old 05-26-2014, 03:09 PM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Mmm I wanna try your vodka cranberry slushy. How did you make it?
Old 05-27-2014, 09:16 AM   #249
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, I want to know about the cranberry/vodka slushy too! Sounds yum!
Old 05-27-2014, 03:22 PM   #250
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattbelly View Post
Mmm I wanna try your vodka cranberry slushy. How did you make it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbGal
Yes, I want to know about the cranberry/vodka slushy too! Sounds yum!
Vodka slushy: 1 generous shot vodka, splash of lime, 2 packets Splenda, about 4 or 6 oz Diet Cranberry and 7-8 ice cubes (adjust ice to your desired thickness, I like it spoonable), blend and there you have it!

Stationary bike: 35 minutes

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Raisin Bran, 1 orange.

Lunch: 1/2 ham and cheese on rye with mustard and pickle, 1 cup chicken noodle soup.

Dinner: Egg/cream cheese/Splenda/cinnamon "pancake", 2 sausage.

Totals: 1455 calories/88 carbs

The morning flew by.....went for my annual "ok, let's put your feet in the stirrups and slide down until you can feel my hand....ok, great....you're gonna feel a little pressure, maybe a pinch....ok, great..." appointment...what did they do before the stirrups were invented? Anyway, I had to get on the scale but I closed my eyes and asked the MA not to tell me...but I did ask her if it was lower than last time, and she said "oh yes." My MD says "[MA's name] told me you don't want to know your current weight" and I said "that's right, because I'm only weighing once a month and my next weigh-in is June 1." Then he says, "that's a good system, weight can fluctuate day to day, you're doing a good job, how are you feeling?" ....and we had a little gab session. I am blessed to have an MD who takes TIME with me.

I think tomorrow I'm going to try a home-made version of the KFC "Double Down" sandwich. I'm thawing chicken breast. I figure I'll flatten them and make 2 chicken pieces from each, coat them lightly with Shake-n-Bake Ranch/Herb, fry them up and put a couple slices crispy bacon between with a slice of cheese and some garlic mayo...mmmm sounds good! I tallied everything and came up with just under 720 calories/13 carbs for one made my way, although DH will want more than 2 slices of bacon on his.....

FYI - The Rose Tattoo is being shown on TCM this week, don't remember the day, if you like Tennessee Williams plays, you'll like it.
Old 05-27-2014, 03:41 PM   #251
Senior LCF Member

I love this video...I'm going to try to figure out the calories in that breakfast, the portions are not huge, it looks good!

Old 05-28-2014, 12:58 AM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Yumm your sandwich sounds amazing! I'm gonna try your cocktail as soon as I can get the ingredients!
Old 05-28-2014, 01:44 PM   #253
Senior LCF Member

Crazy day.....

Went to the eye doctor for my biannual exam, of course I'm getting new (stronger, hello bifocals) glasses...and....I'm also getting contacts, tinted (I used to wear them years back...got away from it, well, I want them back now). I threw laundry in before I left and came home thinking I'd have a load to throw in the dryer...well, I never started the washer, so I'm a little behind on things. My eyes are so dilated I look like a coke fiend.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup (uncooked) oatmeal, 1/2 cup 2%, 4 prunes.

Lunch: 2 tablespoons peanut butter and 1 tablespoon strawberry jam on 1 slice double fiber whole wheat bread, 1 cup chicken noodle soup.

Dinner: Roxie's version of the KFC Double Down sandwich.

Totals: 1545 calories/98 carbs

I'm taking a break before I hit the rest of what I need to do.

TCM aired The Rose Tattoo last night - I recorded it (although I have the DVD...why do we do that?) Anyway, one of my all time faves. I love the exchange about the eggs below.

Woman in the grocery store: "Look, she buys Grade A. I buy Grade B."
Grocer: "Now, which is which?..Oh, yeah."
Serafina Dela Rosa: "Don't mix up those eggs."
Woman: "What difference is it? Which is it?"
Serafina Dela Rosa: "I'll tell you the difference. I got a Grade A husband, that's the difference."
Woman: "Oh, then I got a Grade B husband?"
Serafina Dela Rosa: "I don't know which grade is your husband. I got a Grade A husband,
and I know the difference. Yeah, I know the difference, and I don't give a Grade A husband a Grade B egg for his breakfast!"
The Rose Tattoo (1955)
Old 05-28-2014, 01:54 PM   #254
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks for the slushy recipe. I guess I need to dig my blender out of the cabinet. I just hate cleaning that thing!

Very exciting little sneak preview regarding your upcoming weigh in! I can't wait to hear!
Old 05-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #255
Senior LCF Member

One of those days.....

Breakfast: Nothing - took my vitamins, no appetite.

Lunch: 1/2 grilled cheese on rye (1 slice rye, 2 slices cheese grilled in 1 tablespoon butter); 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt sprinkled with sugar free jello.

Dinner: 2 NY Style Mild Italian sausage, 3/4 cup peas, 1/2 cup sauce, parmesan cheese.

Totals: 1045 calories/48 carbs

I am exhausted...ran around like a fool today. I had to do a Costco meat run. People never cease to amaze me, really, the shear unadulterated ignorance of some members of the human race makes me want to haul off and slug some people...(and I don't hit like no girl, either). In addition, during one of my many stops today I observed an obese woman who chose to wear yoga-type pants in public - it bordered on indecent exposure, those things were stretched to the point of maximum density and EVERY nook and cranny was visible, it was disgusting, there, I said it. I'm fat, ok, yes, I am, but for the love of the kind Christ I LOOK IN A MIRROR before I leave my house...I'm telling ya...the bar can't get much lower out there.

I gotta go...much to do.

"My momma told me there'd be days like this.....and man she wasn't foolin'"
The Other Side, Aerosmith
Old 05-29-2014, 04:12 PM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Who did you want to slug, the fat woman in yoga pants or someone else? Sorry you had a ruff day!

I'm not gonna be a hypocrite, I get annoyed when people wear clothing inappropriate for their size or age, or esp for their environment. I believe in live and let live, and I try not to be all judgy-Mcjudgemental, but I don't wanna see ANYONE'S nooks and crannies, and yes, a lot of fat rolls barely contained in lycra is hard to look at.

It also burns my beans if I get dressed up to go to a nicer event, or a fancy restaurant, and I see someone dressed too casually. I put all that effort into looking nice, and I gotta look at your old man toes in your sandals and your knobby hairy man knees in your shorts. At an upscale restaurant on my anniversary? Yes, this happened and I was annoyed. DH was in a nice suit, I was wearing the nicest dress I own in a VERY expensive restaurant, and some group of loud tourists (I live in wine country) was there in their tourist shorts and tevas. You really couldn't just put on at least a pair of Chinos or something? Lol sorry I'm kinda veering off topic here hehe.

"The chief cause of unhappiness and failure is trading what we want most for what we want at the moment."

"Our perception gathers proof that our beliefs are right."
Old 05-30-2014, 11:54 AM   #257
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattbelly View Post
Who did you want to slug, the fat woman in yoga pants or someone else?
No, not yoga woman. It was a Buckley (I refer to all apathetic store "associates" as Buckley - a character from King Of The Hill - Buckley worked at MegaloMart and was about as helpful as boobs on a bull whenever Hank Hill encountered him).

I'm finally getting caught up...crazy week.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Raisin Bran, 1/2 cup 2%, 4 prunes.

Lunch: 3 scrambled eggs, 3 bacon.

Dinner: Home made burrito (flour tortilla, seasoned beef, cheese, lettuce, tomato, salsa).

Totals: 1460 calories/90 carbs

I am so looking forward to the weekend.

Here's Buckley....

buckley2.jpg
Old 05-30-2014, 03:11 PM   #258
Senior LCF Member

Cut front and back lawn: 27 minutes. Edged and swept: 15 minutes

Time to rest.....
Old 05-30-2014, 06:19 PM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

That's too funny. You worked hard today!
Old 05-31-2014, 10:11 AM   #260
Senior LCF Member

I couldn't wait...had to weigh....the new number is......

268! Wooo Hooooo!!!! I'll take that! I was 286 at my MD appointment back in March. So that's....18 pounds since March, 6 pounds for the month of May - it feels like more though, my clothes are so loose (and I'm too cheap to buy anything new right now, I want my clothes to be so big they're unwearable before I splurge).

Breakfast/Lunch: 2 home made potato pancakes (they were so good, I savored those things...) with 2 tablespoons sour cream, 2 oz. fried Spam, 1 orange.

Dinner: 2 bunless hot dogs with mustard and pickle.

Totals: 1026 calories/69 carbs

I need to wash out my hummingbird feeders and refill them, those little things go through the nectar pretty quick....so fun to watch. My neighbor's cat brought me another rabbit (the remnants of one anyway)...ugh...found it yesterday when I was emptying the mower bag, I looked down and saw an ear sticking up, he buried what he didn't eat...I gave it a respectable disposal. This morning killer cat was sitting at my side door with a look of "so, what'd you do with my rabbit, did you eat it?" I gave him some cat treats.
Old 05-31-2014, 10:24 AM   #261
Big Yapper!!!!

Fantastic losses Rox! I'm so pleased for you!
Old 05-31-2014, 12:09 PM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Great loss and you are eating food you like!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:20 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

I'm so happy for you! Fantastic!

Sounds like you've been adopted by the kitty-it's a huge compliment!
Old 05-31-2014, 04:22 PM   #264
Senior LCF Member

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Adding to today's intake:

Avocado salad with salsa and 2 oz cheddar.

New totals: 1487 calories/78 carbs
Old 05-31-2014, 04:39 PM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabreezes View Post
Great loss and you are eating food you like!
I know! I feel so liberated! In the past I had always stuck to 1000 calories a day or less (hello binge/purge behavior). I lost 90 pounds in 8 months, and found it again within a year....so self destructive.

I don't obsess about food like I did in the past. However, I do PLAN meals/menus and make detailed shopping lists....so, maybe the obsessing has taken on a different form.

Speaking of shopping, I mentioned in an earlier post that I had to go on a meat run at Costco...prices are getting pretty sick, not to mention the fact that the big "saddle pack" of Italian sausage I always buy has been reduced from 24 total (6 per pack, 4 packs in all) to 20 (5 per pack)...of course the price is the same. That burns me...as if no one will notice they're getting less for the same price? I'm thankful for the vacuum sealer, there are still good buys at Costco (chicken thighs at $1.19/lb and breasts for $2.89/lb as well as hot dogs) that I take advantage of, I especially like their pot roasts, they make excellent bbq/shredded beef.

We're going to the races tonight, DH buddy is running a hobby stock car and they've been getting it ready most of the afternoon....of course it's a dirt track (why did I wash my hair this morning? I'll be covered in dust/dirt before qualifying has finished! ). I do get a kick out of going and always have fun.

Peace.

Regan MacNeil: Mother? What's wrong with me?
Chris MacNeil: It's just like the doctor said. It's nerves, and that's all. You just take your pills and you'll be fine, really. Okay?
The Exorcist (1973)
Old 06-01-2014, 09:23 AM   #266
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 35 minutes [new top speed 2.9 mph]

Had a great time at the races last night...I enjoy people watching....from the teenage couples obviously out on a date to the adults (especially the 'add alcohol and shake' variety who have no regard for the fact that there are children/families present at these small town venues ), and the kids are hilarious, they are so into it whooping and cheering on their favorite drivers (it also helps that the winner climbs to the top of the flag stand and throws candy to the kids!)

Breakfast: 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, 1 tablespoon honey; 1 slice double fiber whole wheat toast with 2 tablespoons peanut butter.

Lunch: Don't know yet...maybe sardines.

Dinner: 6 oz. cooked weight burger (no bun) with 2 oz. cheddar, pickles and mustard.

Totals (not including lunch): 1156 calories/57 carbs

I am hormonal today, I felt it coming on yesterday, the bloat/tender boobs/sugar and carb cravings. I want a huge bag of Peanut M&M's and a huge bag of Doritos - right hand in one bag, left hand in the other bag and throw a few slices of pizza in there too....but, I won't. I can overcome this, it will only last a couple days at most, I will not perish, I am intelligent, I can make healthy choices that will satisfy my sweet craving and not pollute myself with nutritionally void garbage that will inevitably give me a headache from hell, make me sluggish, and have me loathing myself for the next week. Ok, I feel better now.

Young Frank: In the name of the father, the son and the holy toast.
Angela's Ashes (1999) A great movie, a fantastic book.
Old 06-01-2014, 04:14 PM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Glad you had fun at the races, but ugh on the hormonal stuff. No fun. Hope you come through victorious!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:07 AM   #268
Big Yapper!!!!

Dirt track racing is a blast! Glad you had fun. Those hormonal feelings are awful - hope they pass soon and you get back to your normal awesomeness!
Old 06-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #269
Senior LCF Member

Not feeling it today my friends....I have not fallen into a bag of M&M's or Doritos though, so that's a good thing. I hate Mondays, no, I hate running around like a crazy person trying to get everything done - today was DMV day - I am so glad I took the few seconds to make an appointment - what a difference in the wait time. The line was already down the street when I arrived at 7:45 a.m. (it opened at 8:00 a.m.). Finished up the rest of what I had to do, and I think I can throttle back now...I saw the dentist, eye doctor, my PCP for a follow-up [on the bright side, his office phoned this morning while I was out and left a message that all the labs he ordered are NORMAL! Woot!] He did another cholesterol with ratios, a thyroid sensitivity, FSH, B12, and an anemia panel. I will call and get the actual numbers. So, I think I've covered all my bases for a while.

RIP Anne B. Davis (Alice on The Brady Bunch....who didn't love Alice?)

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 sausage.

Lunch: 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, 1 tablespoon honey, 1 peach.

Dinner: 2 cups home made potato soup (chicken stock, potatoes/celery/onion/carrot, salt/pepper/rosemary, no cream) with 4 oz. ham.

Totals: 1125 calories/100 carbs If I get hungry I will definitely eat a can of sardines or tuna.

If I didn't know better I'd think I was having a TOM...so exhausted, crampy, irritable, crazy, just crazy...I'm taking a nap this afternoon, maybe catch up on some programs I recorded.

Arlene: Who do you want to hear?
Jungle Julia: Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich.
Arlene: Who?
Jungle Julia: Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich.
Arlene: Who in hell are they?
Jungle Julia: For your information, Pete Townshend, at one point, almost quit The Who. And if he had, he would have ended up in this group, thus making it Dave Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick, Tich and Pete. And if you ask me, he should have.
[flips on the radio to hear "Hold Tight" by Dave, Dee, Dozy, Beaky, Mick & Tich]
Jungle Julia: That's my boy!
Death Proof (2007) I love this movie!!!

Last edited by RoxyRoller; 06-02-2014 at 03:00 PM.. Reason: eliminated excess space between lines
Old 06-03-2014, 11:42 AM   #270
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 15 minutes

I did get hungry yesterday and had a bowl of oatmeal with molasses between lunch and dinner, I love molasses....

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 sausage.

Lunch: 1 cup potato soup, 1/2 ham on rye with cheddar.

Dinner: Parmesan chicken breast; salad with lettuce, avocado, tomato, olive oil and vinegar dressing.

Totals: 1503 calories/56 carbs

I will say this, exercising does take the edge off the irritability.

My food tracker app updated recently and there are now little messages that pop up when I add foods, things like..."way to go! you just reached your vitamin C total for the day!"...and...."great choice! this food contains good fats!"....I can't stand it...and I can't turn it off...I may switch apps.

The grass/weed/tree/flower pollen is outrageous, hello Benadryl.

My Nutrisystem/JC drop-out girlfriend is now thinking of asking her MD for the newest weight loss pill, Belviq (I've seen it advertised). She asked me what I thought about it, I told her I think she's nuts. Really. Got an issue?...here's a tissue...I don't want to hear it.

My UPS man just delivered something...gotta go see what it is...I'm sure it's a car-related item for DH (he's such a gear-head! I love it!).