Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #211
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RoxyRoller
Stats: 315/259.8/200 next weigh 9/1/14
WOE: Calorie controlled, average 75 carbs per day
Start Date: December 30, 2013
What a great day...y'know when you have the perfect weather, you hit all the green lights going through town, the restaurant had ample parking and the waiter was exceptional....thank you God for the wonderful day we had.

Breakfast: Nothing - skipped it so I could bank calories for later on. I did take my multi-vitamin, calcium and magnesium.

Lunch/Dinner: 10 chicken wing sections; 1/2 order of Greek french fries (oh my word - they are good!); 1 espresso dark chocolate truffle from a gourmet chocolate shop (darn thing cost $3.50...it was worth it!) I savored that truffle...what a difference between sugary/waxy so called "chocolate" you get in the store and the real thing...it was heavenly.

Totals: 1690 calories/73 carbs

DH and I took a "day off" from everything - got in the truck and hightailed it out of the valley. We took a phenomenal train ride (Ok, there are some very beautiful parts of California, so I take back my "seventh circle of Hell" comment...for now....). We laughed, talked, and enjoyed each other's company, uninterrupted, it was pure fun. We've decided to plan a day like this each month - just get in the truck and go.

I see "Small Town Security" is back with a new season on AMC. That show cracks me up - I love Joan, she is one of a kind.
Vada Sultenfuss..."Once I sat on a toilet seat at a truck stop and caught hemorrhoids, and I've learned to live with this chicken bone that's been lodged in my throat for the past three years." My Girl 1991

"'Cause we're a loving couple...spanning time."
Billy Brown and Layla, Buffalo 66 (1998)
RoxyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2014, 12:14 PM   #212
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 25 minutes
Stationary bike: 20 minutes

Breakfast: 3-egg omelette with 1.5 oz. cheese, 1 sausage.

Lunch: 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt with 3/4 cup fresh blueberries sprinkled with sugar free jello; celery and carrot sticks with hot sauce.

Dinner: 2 grilled hot dogs with pickles and mustard, 1/2 cup home made coleslaw.

Totals: 1248 calories/63 carbs

Kirk Lazarus: I know who I am. I'm the dude playin' the dude, disguised as another dude! Tropic Thunder (2008) Robert Downey Jr. owns this! Tom Cruise had me rolling...
Old 05-12-2014, 09:54 AM   #213
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Your train outing sounds just great Rox. It's always fun to do different things like that. Have a great Monday!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:09 PM   #214
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 35 minutes

Breakfast: Just my vitamins - going out for lunch, saving calories.

Lunch: Bunless Double Tavern Burger (not the pig-out size) at Red Robin; 10 steak fries.

Dinner: Salad with lettuce, avocado, tomato, hard boiled egg, olive oil/vinegar.

Totals: 1480 calories/44 carbs

I have to say, lunch at Red Robin was great - no problem with getting a bunless burger, they even offer to sub broccoli for the fries if you want; I asked for exactly 10 steak fries - I got exactly 10 steak fries (anal, I know, but, I have to count and measure - so, there ya go). Our server was exceptional, and we left a generous tip. Note - their website has nutritional info on all menu items - you can customize what you want and get a pretty good idea of calories/carbs, etc. before you go.

Busy busy....I am behind on laundry, dusting, vacuuming, litter pan scrubbing (I do scoop it at least twice daily!)....tomorrow is a new day. I did refill my hummingbird feeders - I don't like to let them go more than a few days in the warm weather, I'm afraid the nectar will go bad.

Aldous Snow: What you did was very spiteful, but it was also very brave and very honest and I respect you for doing that. But the content of what you said has made me hate you. So there's a layer of respect, admittedly, for your truthfulness, but it's peppered with hate. Hateful respect.
Get Him To The Greek (2010)
Old 05-13-2014, 03:28 PM   #215
Senior LCF Member

Whew....finally caught up. PG&E was loving my butt today, I had the washer, dryer, dishwasher, vacuum cleaner, sprinklers, fans and a/c....all going at once, the electric meter was spinning....$$$$$$

I love a clean house.

Breakfast: Nothing, no appetite, took vitamins.

Lunch: 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt with 1 cup sliced nectarines and 3 prunes.

Dinner - Don't know yet, I grilled Italian sausage, and we have left over hot dogs, but I'm not feeling like hot dogs or sausage. Soup sounds good...I'll wait to see what I feel like eating when I get good and hungry - it's hot today, and I'm out of estrogen....my priority is to keep cool.

Good day all....
Old 05-13-2014, 04:02 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kattbelly
Hey Roxy I love all your quotes, the Aldus Snow one up above is priceless.
Kattbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 10:39 AM   #217
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 25 minutes (new top speed of 2.8 mph...woot!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Raisin Bran, 1/2 cup 2%, 4 prunes.

Lunch: Avocado/tuna lettuce wrap.

Dinner: 7 oz. cooked weight bone-in pork chop, coleslaw.

Totals: 1305 calories/81 carbs

Gotta run...............
Old 05-15-2014, 11:50 AM   #218
Senior LCF Member

Stationary bike: 32 minutes

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%, 4 prunes

Lunch: Vegetable soup, 1/2 tuna sandwich on double fiber whole wheat.

Dinner: Egg/cream cheese/vanilla/Splenda/cinnamon "pancake" (made with 3 eggs), 1 sausage.

Totals: 1428 calories/95 carbs

Hot weather has arrived...at least for a few days, it's supposed to drop back to the 80's this weekend.

Well, I finally retired a pair of jeans that had gotten big to the point they looked "sloppy" on me. I gave them to my JC girlfriend, they fit her great. She's still on JC, and, while I find the food very unappetizing (to me, the pizza looks like tomato soup on a cracker), I keep it to myself and continue to be supportive of her efforts.

I recorded a documentary on TCM made in 1975 titled "Grey Gardens" (I have seen it before as well as the movie with Jessica Lang and Drew Barrymore...but I had to watch it again). It centers on the day to day life of Edith "Big Edie" Ewing Bouvier Beale (Jackie Kennedy's aunt) and her daughter Edith "Little Edie" Bouvier Beale (Jackie Kennedy's cousin) and the decrepit, dilapidated 28-room mansion in East Hampton they lived in. It's codependency, delusional thinking, paranoia, mixed with anger, bitterness and hope all at once. Two women who could quote the classics, sing and dance and be the perfect socialites, but who hadn't the slightest idea of how to survive without the support of a man and who appeared oblivious to the squalor they lived in.

Edith 'Little Edie' Bouvier Beale: I only cared about three things: the Catholic Church, swimming and dancing, and I had to give them up.

Edith 'Little Edie' Bouvier Beale: If you can't get a man to propose to you, you might as well be dead.
Grey Gardens (1975)
Old 05-15-2014, 02:34 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on the jeans! I saw the movie but I've never seen the documentary. It made me kind of sad. The scene where Drew Barrymore is talking about how she could double a skirt for a cape, I don't know why but I found that so pathetic and it stuck with me.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:27 PM   #220
Big Yapper!!!!

Congratulations on moving down and out of those jeans! And for you friend to get some good out of them is double the good!

Grey Gardens (documentary) just depressed me. Sad sad sad. I haven't seen the movie.
Old 05-15-2014, 11:59 PM   #221
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
I'm a little behind here..but I will admit since you mentioned thinner ,since I read the book in high school I secretly wished for a gypsy curse of course with an easier out
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:11 AM   #222
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattbelly View Post
...The scene where Drew Barrymore is talking about how she could double a skirt for a cape...
She (Little Edie) wore sweaters upside down and safety pinned as skirts throughout the doc, as well as utilizing knit shirts upside down around her head (she had lost just about all her hair - don't know the cause). Anyway, here's a pic of Little Edie along with a clip from the Grey Gardens doc. I find her incredibly interesting and feel sorry for her at the same time...if I can find "Letters Of Little Edie Beale" at a good used price I'll buy it.

littleedie.jpg

Old 05-16-2014, 11:29 AM   #223
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 25 minutes

I got hungry last night around 8 pm and had peanut butter and celery sticks.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%, 1 orange.

Lunch: Liverwurst on double fiber whole wheat with onions and mustard (had a hankerin' for liverwurst...)

Dinner: 9 oz cooked weight baked ranch chicken breast (mixed ranch dressing mix with some mayo and coated the chicken), 1/2 cup home made potato salad.

Totals: 1306 calories/76 carbs

Another day of abundant sunshine and heat. The wildfires south of us are horrendous....so sad.

Hoping to have an easy afternoon and catch up on some reading and General Hospital!

I love this scene from Thinner...there is much more going on here than the dialogue suggests...great movie, a little cheesy at times, but great.

Tadzu Lempke (the Gypsy): [Tadzu gives Billy the gypsy pie to lift his curse] Okay. You gain weight now. So quick you don't know what's going on. But, somebody got to eat this pie...and soon. Everyone who eat this pie die quick and bad. You got somebody?
Billy Halleck: Yes.
Tadzu Lempke: Yeah, you got somebody.
[He starts to leave but stops]
Tadzu Lempke: But why you don't do right? Eat your own pie. You die thin, but you die clean.
Billy Halleck: Get away from me. Our business is done.
Tadzu Lempke: [Pleadingly] Die clean, white man from town...Die clean...
Thinner (1996) Stephen King
Old 05-18-2014, 02:38 AM   #224
Senior LCF Member

Back from a "one tank road trip"....had a great time. Ate wings and had 2 vodka/diet cranberry cocktails.

No idea on today's menu. We'll see when I wake up and get hungry......'night.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:16 AM   #225
Senior LCF Member

Stationary bike: 40 minutes

Good day!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup (before cooking) oatmeal, 1/2 cup 2%, 4 prunes.

Lunch/Dinner: Don't know yet....probably tuna or sardines and hard boiled egg with mustard and pickle.

Busy week ahead...trying to get a jump on a few things today so they're not looming over my head when I have several other things that require my attention and energy.

Had great fun yesterday, love the weather along the coast (although PCH makes me motion-sick, took a couple Benadryl and they worked quite well, and the bright side is I have no appetite when I'm motion sick...so, there ya go).

I should have been an over-the-road truck driver - I love long rides, it's nothing to drive a couple hundred miles to see a band, speaking of which, I am jazzed about seeing Joan Jett, she's playing a few dates in CA this summer including the state fair - I've seen her a few times, great show. I met her once years ago on a flight from Chicago to New York, she was so gracious and friendly, very classy lady.

Well...the laundry won't hop into the washer itself, and the weed wacker isn't self propelled....see ya later....blessings and peace.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:16 PM   #226
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 40 pounds down, 108 more to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 LC'ish, Calorie awareness
Start Date: March 16th 2014
I use to drive a hundred miles like it was nothing. I miss those days sometimes. Have fun with the weeds and laundry..Same thing here. Just breaking for some lunch.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:02 AM   #227
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks for the clip Roxy, wow that woman was weird but strangely compelling. I really must watch the documentary.

I get cravings for liverworst too, but I prefer braunsweiger.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:08 AM   #228
Big Yapper!!!!

Your drive sounds great, and I'll bet it was beautiful. Seeing Joan Jett will be fun! I've never seen her, but loved her as a teen.
Old 05-19-2014, 12:13 PM   #229
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 23 minutes
Cut front and back lawn: 24 minutes

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs

Lunch: BLT lettuce wrap (6 slices bacon, 3 slices tomato, 1 tablespoon mayo)

Dinner: 9 oz. cooked weight chicken breast coated with Ranch/Herb Shake-n-Bake, 3/4 cup green beans.

I've got calorie wiggle room - will have cheese stick/hard boiled egg or sardines if I get truly hungry.

Totals: 1235 calories/29 carbs

Gotta run..................
Old 05-20-2014, 02:58 PM   #230
Senior LCF Member

Finally....a chance to sit down for a bit.

Dentist appointment this morning...no cavities!! Yay! Remember those toothpaste commercials? "Look ma! No cavities!"

Breakfast: 1/2 cup (before cooking) oatmeal, 1/2 cup 2%, 1 orange.

Lunch: 1/2 liverwurst sandwich (1 slice rye, 5 slices liverwurst, onion/mustard, I am craving liverwurst...go figure).

Dinner: 4 oz cooked weight hamburger with 3 slices bacon, 2 oz thin sliced fried Spam and 1 oz cheddar. (I love Spam sliced super thin and fried until it is very crisp..."Spam chips"!)

Totals: 1380 calories/68 carbs

Interesting how things come around...I've mentioned in a couple posts about a girlfriend whom I "broke up" with several years back after 30 years of friendship - we're talking playing Barbies to first boyfriend to first drink to V-card losing, to getting married to spending the holidays together, to labor and delivery coaching friendship. Anyway, it was brought to my attention yesterday through another girlfriend that she (nolongerfriend) has "seen the light" and wants to call me and tell me how sorry she is but is afraid I 'won't take her calls'. Well....isn't that special???? First of all, she is employing classic "triangulation", that is, where a person communicates something to one person knowing full well the information will get to the target person (thank you Psychology 101). Being the intelligent and educated being I am, I did not react, I did not confirm or deny that I would ignore her calls (but I would ignore them)...I would not discuss her at all...because I will not play elementary school games, she has not changed, she has obviously run out of other "friends" who probably got tired of her parasitic, toxic ways and now wants to reconnect with me.....well, how does it feel to want honey? Suffice to say, I cut that nonsense off at the knees...I don't want to know, I don't want to talk, I don't care if she stood at a burning bush and saw God himself, I want nothing to do with her...(cold, ain't I?)....now, I don't wish anything horrible on her, in fact, I hope she wins the Super Lotto and lives happily ever after - but keep your toxic, codependent, drama queen, lying, victim playing, in need of a good headshrinker butt far away from me. I will not allow that dark negative juju anywhere near me....I've moved on. I made it very clear to my gf that any discussion regarding nolongerfriend is off limits, and if she wants to retain any kind of relationship with me (I don't have many friends, by choice) she had best refrain from any attempt at getting us "to talk". Now, if she wants to reconnect with nolongerfriend (she was previously put on the "do not play with" list along with me), that's her business, however, don't think for one second that after nolongerfriend dumps a big load of drama vomit on you that you can turn around, call me, and dump it here - you'll be cut out of my inner circle so fast your head will spin.

That's all for now. Peace.

Last edited by RoxyRoller; 05-20-2014 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: corrected sentence structure/use of contraction
Old 05-20-2014, 03:08 PM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Wow Roxy I'm so sorry you had to deal with nolongerfriend. She sounds like a piece of work! I'm so in awe of your strength, I know from personal experience how hard such a situation can be, but it sounds like you have dealt with a much, much worse situation than I did, so kudos to you for firmly guarding your line in the sand. I think we must have a lot in common, because I too am very picky about who I let in my inner circle, so if someone I let in betrays me, I'm just done with them. I don't lack forgiveness if there is TRUE repentance, but it's more than just saying "sorry," they have to actually change the bad behavior and show an ongoing effort to keep changing it. I put up with a lot for a long time before I am fed up, but once I'm there, I'm pretty much done.

Have you always been the way you describe above, or is that something you've acquired through experience and maturity? For me, I had to learn (the oh so very painfully hard way) how to do this, as I was such a doormat previously.

"The chief cause of unhappiness and failure is trading what we want most for what we want at the moment."

"Our perception gathers proof that our beliefs are right."
Old 05-20-2014, 03:27 PM   #232
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattbelly View Post
Have you always been the way you describe above, or is that something you've acquired through experience and maturity? For me, I had to learn (the oh so very painfully hard way) how to do this, as I was such a doormat previously.
I think I've always been that way to a degree, however, I hadn't ever evicted someone from my life that I was friends with for 30 years the way I did with nolongerfriend. And I did feel very badly after I cut her off, it was somewhat like a death of a loved one, not quite the same, but the feeling of loss was real. I was so close to her children. However, I also felt liberated and happy at being intelligent enough to stop allowing her to poison my life.

I had previous friendships that became less close, sure, but it was due to just growing apart and going in different directions, and I still get/send Christmas cards and the occasional email to those few individuals.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:21 AM   #233
Senior LCF Member

Stationary bike: 35 minutes

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%, 4 prunes.

Lunch: Tuna lettuce wrap (1 can tuna mixed with 2 tsp. mayo and 1 stalk chopped celery), 2 hard boiled eggs.

Dinner: 2 Italian sausage; 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce; salad made with lettuce, 1 oz. grated cheddar, 1 tablespoon Parmesan, olive oil/vinegar; 1 piece garlic bread (1/2 a hoagie roll spread with 2 tsp. butter, garlic powder, oregano and basil and baked until crispy....mmmmmm.....crispy).

Totals: 1450 calories/81 carbs

I was asked a very interesting question this morning.

An individual attending a wake/funeral service came up to me and asked: "Is it wrong for me to be glad [name of deceased] is dead? Does it make me a bad person?"

I was taken aback for a few seconds, and then said "do you feel like a bad person?" Reply: "No, I feel happy and relieved, but I'm afraid people will think badly about me for not crying and saying what a great person [name] was, because [he/she] wasn't...[he/she] was a mean drunk...."(now the tears start).

I ushered this person into the office, provided tissues, got them some water, and told them to take all the time they need and that I had to return to the reception area. As I'm walking out he/she says "do YOU think I'm a bad person?" I replied "of course not, you feel how you feel, you're going to be just fine and God won't strike you dead." Fast forward about 20 minutes...........same individual comes up to me and asks "why do people act so fake?...they're all acting like [name] was some saint, it makes me sick..." My reply: "Death brings out all types of behavior in people, I'm not here to judge, and believe it or not, you're probably not the only person who feels 'glad' or 'relieved' today, the difference is that you are being honest with yourself about how you feel. If some people here today want to appear to be broken up on the outside while secretly singing "ding, dong, the witch is dead" on the inside, it's on their conscience. At the same time, there are people here who are truly sad at the passing of [name]. We never know what another is really thinking/feeling. I don't know if you attend church regularly, but you may find it very comforting to talk with a priest/pastor/reverend." ....end of scene...close curtain.

And with that, I will say this...TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE.

Good day.

Cut off even in the blossoms of my sin,
Unhousel'd, disappointed, unanel'd;
No reckoning made, but sent to my account
With all my imperfections on my head.
Act I, scene 5, line 76.
Hamlet, William Shakespeare
Old 05-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #234
Big Yapper!!!!

Very interesting story, Rox. I can't say I've ever felt "glad" when someone died (I've been very lucky having great family) but I have felt.....nothing. Someone I thought was a nice person who turned out to be not so much. He was a messed up individual and was mean at the end. You probably encounter every possible emotion in your work.
Old 05-21-2014, 11:59 AM   #235
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
You probably encounter every possible emotion in your work.
Amen to that! It's never boring! Very interesting when the mistress(es) of a married decedent decide to attend...even more interesting is the fact that the wife usually has known all about her/them for years...
Old 05-21-2014, 11:41 PM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

That was interesting, I always prefer honesty, there's no shame in that. Reminds me of when my great grandmother died. She was a rotten old bat, really mean. At the funeral the pastor was saying all kinds of untrue good things about her, and my youngest aunt started that snort-y laugh when you've been trying to hold it in, but it busts out because NO ONE thought her granny was a good person. I always kinda admired her just a little bit for that.
Old 05-22-2014, 02:05 PM   #237
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 35 minutes

Oh my...I did not want to get on the treadmill today...but I did, and cranked up some Paul Revere and The Raiders, Chuck Berry and Eddie Cochran on the headphones and kept walking until I hit the 30 minute mark...and then threw in an extra 5 minutes. I'm glad I did.

Breakfast: 2 tablespoons peanut butter on 1 slice double fiber whole wheat toast.

Lunch: 1 can sardines in olive oil, 1 hard boiled egg, celery/carrot sticks with hot sauce and mustard, 1 lowcarb home made peanut butter cookie (made with Splenda, peanut butter, egg, and vanilla extract....ooh...turned out really good!)

Dinner: 2 egg omelette with 2 oz cheddar, 2 oz fried Spam, hot sauce.

Totals: 1300 calories/41 carbs

Getting ready for Memorial Day weekend! I picked up some pork spare ribs (on sale for $1.99/lb...yay!!) and will make those along with coleslaw and potato salad, maybe some baked beans. DH invited his buddy/wife/kids over (not the one going with Miss Morality) on Sunday, so, I'm going to make one of those eclair cakes for them, but will have the lowcarb peanut butter cookies for a treat if I need it....although I prefer an adult beverage over cookies when it comes to having a cook-out with guests. Their kids aren't little (16 and 18 I think...) so there's a chance they won't come....they did not come over for our Halloween party last October either (I dressed up as fat Anna Nicole Smith, we had a riot!)...they're at that age where they know it all and the only people they want to be seen with are their own friends...I was the same way...ahh youth.

I found sugar-free marshmallows on line, not too pricey but more than I want to pay. I found a couple recipes for them too, one calls for vegetable glycerine, which I have never heard of (I looked it up, it was used as anti-freeze before ethylene glycol, ok then)...something to tackle when I have time. After my oopsie roll disaster I'm once bitten, twice shy, but I will try those oopsies again at some point.

There has to be a couple thousand bees in our California Live Oak out front, the sound is amazing, very eerie.

Finally saw my JC girlfriend for a little while today. She hasn't placed another JC order and told me she is going to buy the low-cal frozen dinners in the grocery store because JC is just too expensive...I wished her success...and offered her a lowcarb peanut butter cookie - she LOVED it!

Bob Wiley: If I fake it, then I don't have it.
Bob Wiley: What if I'm looking for a bathroom, I can't find one, and my bladder explodes?
Bob Wiley: I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful... I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful... I feel good, I feel great, I feel wonderful...
What About Bob? (1991) I love this movie.
Old 05-22-2014, 05:59 PM   #238
Major LCF Poster!

Have fun with your friends. My husband LOVES What About Bob? He and his mom quote it constantly.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:02 PM   #239
Senior LCF Member

A productive day so far.

I went on a produce run, got lettuce for 89 cents a head (woot!, that's cheap for this area!)

I also picked up what I needed to make coleslaw, potato salad, baked beans (I make "cheater beans" using the canned Ranch Style with Jalapeno and add cooked hamburger and bacon, some pureed home-canned pears - gives it sweetness without a ton of sugar, and dump it in a foil pan and heat it through....done!). I also got the items for the eclair cake....and some limes (39 cents a piece! sick! cancelled out the deal on the lettuce!) to go with my Cuervo! ha!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Raisin Bran, 1/2 cup 2%, 1 orange.

Lunch: 1 cup 2% Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup no sugar added home canned peaches, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, sprinkled with sugar free jello.

Dinner: 8 oz cooked weight baked chicken thighs (two 4 oz thighs without bone), 1/2 cup peas/carrots.

Totals: 1280 calories/83 carbs

Only 9 days until weigh-in! I'm nervous....as always, I think I was born nervous. I asked my sister if I was a nervous baby (she's 14 years older than me) and she told me I was never allowed to fuss....the minute I showed any distress I was picked up and given something to quiet me, the 'something' I remember clearly is a pacifier dipped in Karo syrup...which is why I had a pacifier until I started kindergarten, I was given a little dish of Karo and would sit on the couch dipping my pacifier and watching Rocky and Bullwinkle...hmmm....do we see a correlation into adulthood? Of course we do! Turning to FOOD when I feel uncomfortable/angry/happy/sad/bored...it's ingrained since the days of my syrup dip (no wonder my baby teeth rotted...)

Hope everyone has a fantastic and safe Memorial Day weekend!! Peace.

Stephanie: [to Jack as she is beating him with her motorcycle helmet] I hope you die!
[stops beating Jack and looks at Miles]
Stephanie: You too!
Miles Raymond: Me?
Sideways (2004) I laughed so hard watching this...we all know someone like Jack and Miles.
Old 05-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #240
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
We pay $1.00 per lemon or lime here unless I buy a huge bag from Costco! .39 is a deal! It's all in the perspective, isn't it?

Your Memorial Day food sounds yummy....

Enjoy your weekend!
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote