Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2014, 11:01 AM   #181
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Well, you are just unreasonable. Everyone is special in their own way. Performance is subjective. We need to level the playing field so that no one excels and everyone can achieve mediocrity together. Everyone should make the team and there is no win or lose.

Sorry, just feeling a little sarcastic this morning.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2014, 02:49 PM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Kattbelly
Sorry Roxy that stinks.
Kattbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 08:19 AM   #183
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
North and south I love love love that mini series!!! James read is such a cutie in it virgilia was such a nut, read the first two books this year, started on 3rd but grandma came home from nursing home and haven't had a moments peace since. Really I love miniseries in general the thornbirds, and roots...awww might have to decide which one to watch soon
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:28 PM   #184
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RoxyRoller
Stats: 315/259/200 next weigh 8/1/14
WOE: Calorie controlled, average 75 carbs per day
Start Date: December 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Well, you are just unreasonable. Everyone is special in their own way. Performance is subjective. We need to level the playing field so that no one excels and everyone can achieve mediocrity together. Everyone should make the team and there is no win or lose.

Sorry, just feeling a little sarcastic this morning.
You made me laugh! You hit the nail on the head! If the bar gets set any lower I shudder to think what the future holds...

Remember when you had to have more than the ability to sign your name on a FAFSA/TAP/PEL application to get into college?
RoxyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #185
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kattbelly View Post
Sorry Roxy that stinks.
Thanks...it's all good...I pity the slackers...they'll be out of a job the minute someone worthy becomes available to replace them.
Old 04-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #186
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
North and south I love love love that mini series!!! James read is such a cutie in it virgilia was such a nut, read the first two books this year, started on 3rd but grandma came home from nursing home and haven't had a moments peace since. Really I love miniseries in general the thornbirds, and roots...awww might have to decide which one to watch soon
I'm a stickler for old TV movies/mini series (if I wasn't so cheap I'd buy the complete Twilight Zone series on DVD!) Rich Man/Poor Man....and movies of the week "Dawn, Portrait of a Teenage Runaway" with Eve Plumb from the Brady Bunch, "Born Innocent" and "Sara T. Portrait of a Teenage Alcoholic" with Linda Blair - kitchy stuff but so daring for its time.

Kudos for taking care of your grandmother at home, being a caregiver is a thankless and exhausting job. I have a sister in a nursing home, my nephew attempted to take care of her at home for a few months...couldn't do it. He was so stressed I thought he'd be the next one with a stroke.
Vada Sultenfuss..."Once I sat on a toilet seat at a truck stop and caught hemorrhoids, and I've learned to live with this chicken bone that's been lodged in my throat for the past three years." My Girl 1991

"'Cause we're a loving couple...spanning time."
Billy Brown and Layla, Buffalo 66 (1998)
Old 04-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #187
Senior LCF Member

Breakfast: Skipped it, no appetite, had to deal with a less than ideal situation in a tactful and diplomatic manner while trying not to appear exasperated.

Lunch: Leftover fried Spam.

Dinner: We are heading out to DH buddy's house for a barbecue and also to meet his buddy's new lady whom he met on one of those online match maker type sites. I believe there is one other couple that will be attending. I am not really in the mood to go - however, I am more than a little curious to meet online girl, DH buddy is a very nice guy, hard worker, financially stable, deserves a good woman. I made one of those "eclair cakes" to take along (graham cracker lined 9x13 pan, dump the vanilla pudding/cool whip mixture over it, plop more graham crackers across the top, refrigerate till it sets, then dump a container of warmed chocolate frosting over the top and stick it back in the fridge)...dessert is served. I'm also bringing a bowl of fresh strawberries.

I must vent as I am incredibly frustrated today and I do not want to give the impression of being one of those "money grubbing undertakers", nor do I want to appear to lack empathy for those who are grieving and who truly, truly do not understand how the business end of death works and are under the impression that funerals are a pro bono service provided by altruistic individuals who with a wiggle of the nose like Samantha in Bewitched and a wave of a magic wand "Abracadabra POOF!" are able to create an Elvis Presley funeral on a John Doe budget.

Death is part of life, and funerals cost money. Funeral directors/morticians like to get paid for their services just like anyone else who works - you like your paycheck on payday right? Do not expect the solid oak half couch coffin with the silk lining and brass handles if you cannot pay for it. There is no payment plan. I'm am truly sorry the deceased had no insurance. We will treat the deceased the same as all the others, I will provide the same aesthetic services and will apply and reapply make up until you are happy with the way your loved appears. If you do not have clothing to bury him in or cannot purchase a suit/dress etc., we will dress him in what we have on hand and he will look very nice (we get numerous donations from wonderful people). We will provide a 2 hour viewing at no cost to you so that you can say good bye. The county will pay for interment of your loved one, however, it will be in the county cemetery, in a plot marked with a number that will be replaced with a marker if/when family chooses to purchase one, in a very basic coffin transported in the county van. There is no funeral procession. Family is provided the time and place of interment and is responsible to get themselves to the grave site. If the family has a pastor/reverend/priest/wizard etc. who is willing to attend and say a few words...fantastic. Otherwise, there is no hearse, no flower car. Your other choice is a county cremation. The deceased ashes will be returned to us, we will contact you to come pick them up. They will be in a cardboard box. I am sorry for your loss, I truly am. I see in your eyes that you never thought he'd end up like this, you had so many dreams for him. I can see you remembering him as an infant, a toddler, in elementary school...you show me photos, he was a good boy...I know...and it is times like this that my hands are tied, I cannot take away your pain, I can listen, I can console, but I cannot change a thing.

Life is short people...make the most of it.

FYI - coffins can be purchased online at GREAT discounts (you pay for it and it's shipped to the funeral parlor). Urns can also be purchased and shipped direct to you. And...just so you know....a detailed itemization of ALL charges should be in your hand before you sign anything when it comes to planning a funeral. Funeral directors are not clergy, they need to make a profit just like any business, do not hesitate to negotiate prices, do not hesitate to ask questions...especially when it comes to embalming...most states allow the funeral home to set their own policy...so, do your homework.

On a lighter note! My hummingbirds are back! Yay!

cremation-humor.jpg

Last edited by RoxyRoller; 04-26-2014 at 02:02 PM..
Old 04-26-2014, 02:04 PM   #188
Senior LCF Member

Go ahead...click the image and have a laugh...you'd be surprised at some of the requests we get....

epitaph.jpg
Old 04-27-2014, 08:50 AM   #189
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
Poopin--laughing over here...oh social media-I don't think kids understand-once it's out there-it's there-

Seems like a sense of entitlement has taken over our world, I guess it doesn't end when you die either.

Taking care of my grandma is very thankless, not so much that I think we should be praised for anything I do, but she takes it a step farther and lies on us, has for years, says we starve her and she has to beg for food..yet at her doctor appointments, scale certainly never reflects that-or the constant stream of dirty dishes in our sink. I could moan for hours about all the she says about us...
I got more respect from residents when I worked in a mental institution and group homes!

Have a beautiful Sunday gonna be our last nice day for awhile, we have some severe weather possibilities next few days, tornados, storms, think I heard 4 inches of rain .. Yuck!
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 05:32 PM   #190
Senior LCF Member

Not feelin' it today.....

Breakfast: Bacon and eggs

Lunch/Dinner: quart of Baskin Robbins Coffee ice cream....with 4 Oreos.

Did you know PopSecret Homestyle microwave popcorn has about 14 grams of trans fat per bag? That's obscene!

Guess who's bouncing off the walls....
Old 04-27-2014, 06:12 PM   #191
Senior LCF Member

Oh yeah...the barbecue yesterday was interesting. DH buddy's new "lady" is a piece of work. She made it a point to express her opinions about tattoos on women (I have some) as she gave me the stink eye like I was the antichrist. ...really?.....DH was mute on the way home...I know what he was thinking .."cut her loose quick, back to the Loch with you Nessie!! "

I'm tired....good night all.
Old 04-28-2014, 08:58 AM   #192
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, bummer about the new lady being like that. Why do people have to be so judgemental. And so open about it? You can think whatever you want inside your head, but why bring it out in the open and offend people? Sigh.

The funeral business must be very difficult. I can't even imagine dealing with folks during that awful time.
Old 04-28-2014, 02:47 PM   #193
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh, bummer about the new lady being like that.
I can see DH's buddy dropping her soon enough, she was a little too holier-than-thou for my taste. DH remained silent on the issue (guys don't get on the phone like girls and chat it up after the fact!)

Quote:
The funeral business must be very difficult. I can't even imagine dealing with folks during that awful time.
The funeral/mortuary business is not for everyone. Death brings out either the worst or the best in the surviving family members. There is an incredibly high rate of alcoholism in morticians....go figure. Funeral service/mortuary people are very cohesive, we have each other's backs. The industry itself has become very competitive in some areas. I picture the scene with the undertaker sitting outside Jacob Marley's room in A Christmas Carol...

Ebenezer: Who is that? The doctor?
Mrs. Dilber: The undertaker.
Ebenezer: You don't believe in letting the grass grow under your feet, do you?
The Undertaker: Ours is a very competitive profession, sir.

Here's a great drink - "Embalming Fluid" it's vodka, sour apple mix, lime juice and ginger ale...it's a rite of passage when graduating from mortuary science school!....oh the memories....

On to today's business!

Treadmill: 23 minutes. I had to coerce myself into getting on it, but I knew if I let one more day go by without some kind of exercise I'd be on the road to self destruction.

Breakfast: 3/4 cup Raisin Bran, 1/2 cup 2%.

Lunch: Lettuce wrap with turkey, provolone, mustard and pickle.

Dinner: 2 baked chicken thighs, green beans.

Totals: 1150 calories/59 carbs

I'm paying for my sojourn to the dark side yesterday...bloated, headache, etc. But, it will pass. I was thinking about why I chose to gorge ice cream and cookies...to numb the fact that I was feeling angry, disappointed, home sick, fed up, sick and tired, let down, unappreciated, irritable....and the list goes on. Could I have made better choices? Of course! ...shoulda, coulda, woulda...I wish I was perfect...

My NutriSystem drop out girlfriend came over earlier but I was super busy and could not "take a break" and stop to chat. I suggested she give me a call later in the week and we'll get together. I'm sure she was a little butt hurt, oh well...can't please everyone.
Old 04-29-2014, 01:51 PM   #194
Senior LCF Member

Stationary bike: 33 minutes

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 sausage

Lunch: 1 can water packed tuna mixed with 2 tsp. mayo on 1 slice double fiber whole wheat bread; 1 cup chicken noodle soup.

Dinner: Fried pork chop, 1/2 cup baked mashed sweet potato, 1/2 cup peas/carrots.

Totals: 1513 calories/71 carbs

Beautiful day today, the pollen is killing me, but I refuse to become an allergy hermit.
Old 04-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #195
Senior LCF Member

Cut front and back lawn, 26 minutes.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup (dry measure) oatmeal with cinnamon and Splenda; 1/2 cup 2%

Snack: 1 hard boiled egg.

Lunch: Ham and cheese roll up with pickle and mustard, 1/2 cup chicken noodle soup, 1 hard boiled egg.

Dinner: Meatloaf my way (egg and Parmesan added) 6 oz. cooked, 1/2 cup corn, 1/2 cup mashed potato.

Totals: 1210 calories/81 carbs Calories are under, and if I get hungry, truly hungry (not just "feel like eating") I will eat sardines and hb egg.

Tomorrow is weigh day - I will be happy with any loss reflected as I am sure last weekend's sugar fit/pity party did some damage (my rings are finally not tight as of today).
Old 05-01-2014, 10:23 AM   #196
Big Yapper!!!!

Good luck on your weigh-in!
Old 05-01-2014, 10:42 AM   #197
Senior LCF Member

Drum roll..........the new number is....274! Whew...I am pleased and surprised. I was hoping for a loss but did not expect one.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%.

Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 can sardines in olive oil with mustard and hot sauce.

Dinner: 7 oz. cooked weight Parmesan chicken breast, salad with lettuce, feta cheese, tomato and ranch dressing.

Totals: 1216 calories/41 carbs
Old 05-02-2014, 11:48 AM   #198
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 25 minutes (making progress....lowest speed is now 1.8 mph and highest is 2.5 mph).
Stationary bike: 25 minutes (speed stays between 12 and 15 mph).

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, 1/2 cup 2%.

Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 tbsp Miracle Whip and lettuce on 1 slice double fiber whole wheat bread; 4 oz. carrot/celery sticks with hot sauce.

Dinner: 8 oz. cooked weight Parmesan chicken breast; salad with lettuce, tomato, feta and Ranch dressing. (same dinner as yesterday except for an extra ounce of chicken!)

Totals: 1290 calories/61 carbs

I got hungry last night around 8:30 p.m. and had a cheese stick and 1 oz almonds. I'm sabotaging myself by not eating enough during the day.

Of note, DH lost 4 lbs. since last weigh in, which is good, but he told me it's easy for him to go overboard on almonds/peanuts - so, I'm not going to make up any more snack bags. He wants to stick to Babybels and cheese sticks, I'm am so ok with that.

Going into the 90's today....we got a long, hot summer coming.

Joan Jett is coming to the California State Fair! I wanted to be her when I was 16 years old! I believe I would like to attend that show.

Jake: Ah don't let him see you drinking!
Suzette: I've been drinking rum and coke since before he was born...
Lavinia: I want to go out but everything that I own is beige.
Lavinia (to Suzette): I am the same color as the Department of Motor Vehicles and you look like A FLOWER.
Suzette (to Lavinia): Vinnie, stop it. Okay? 'Cause you're going right up your own butt, and i don't feel like following!
The Banger Sisters (2002)...in my personal Top 10
Old 05-03-2014, 12:49 PM   #199
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 25 minutes

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, 1/2 cup 2%

Lunch: Fresh strawberries

Dinner: Taco salad - 5 ounces cooked seasoned ground beef, tomato, 1 ounce cheddar, onion, 1/2 avocado, lettuce and salsa.

Totals: 1134 calories/73 net carbs

I've got quite a bit of wiggle room as far as calories go, so, I will have sardines and a hard boiled egg when/if I get truly hungry between lunch and dinner.

Beautiful day today. I went up to the fruit stand and got 6 pints strawberries, 2 huge red onions, 6 zucchini, 1 lettuce and 3 pints blueberries (out the door for $20, THAT is a bargain). Then I went looking for the avocado guy (he switches where he sets up from time to time) and went halves with my neighbor on a bag of 20 avocados - $2.50 for 10 avocados is such a steal.

Alonzo the Armless: No one will get her... no one but me!
The Unknown (1927 Silent) starring Lon Chaney
This is the first silent movie I watched...and I was hooked on them. Lon Chaney gives a brilliant performance as a man who has his arms surgically removed in order to win the love of a woman (played by a VERY young Joan Crawford)...I highly recommend it.
Old 05-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #200
Senior LCF Member

I had the hard boiled eggs (2) and sardines so I will update my totals for today.

Totals: 1424 calories/73 net carbs

My NutriSystem drop out girlfriend called, now she is going to try Jenny Craig (she saw the commercial with Kirstie Alley). I told her 'good luck'. I don't want to discourage her, so, I'll just let things take their natural course. Personally, any 'breakfast scramble' that contains 500 mg of sodium and 23 carbs is a bit too processed for my taste, the ingredients read like a chemistry exam. I can get a lot more nutrition for 23 carbs, but, to each his own.

I spent some time putting away bulky bedding today...I have to say...I LOVE those space bag things, what a space saver!
Old 05-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #201
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 25 minutes (new top speed of 2.6 mph - earned 2 aerobic points! Go me!).
Stationary bike: 25 minutes

Breakfast/Lunch: 3 eggs, 2 oz cream cheese, Splenda, cinnamon, vanilla blended and cooked in the frying pan like a big pancake; 1 sausage; 10 strawberries; 1/2 an orange.

Dinner: Bacon (5 slices), avocado (1 whole), tomato (4 slices), and 1 tablespoon mayonnaise lettuce wrap (combination of romaine and iceberg leaves).

Totals: 1376 calories/37 carbs

My girlfriend shelled out the $ (it's advertised for $39.99) for a "starter kit" from Jenny Craig, and yesterday (because I am nosey when it comes to that kind of thing) I went over to check out exactly what it consisted of. It's supposed to be three days worth of food (3 meals plus snacks). It didn't look bad - for forty bucks. She made the salisbury steak for her dinner - remember tv dinners?...that's what it reminded me of. Looks like it's all about portion control...gulag portion control. Of course I had to nose around the website and check out the ingredients in anything that looked remotely appetizing to me, and, I am confident I would not be happy eating any of those items. I also would not be happy paying a monthly membership fee.

Soooooo, since DH had to work today and was up/fed/and out the door by 6:00 a.m., and in an effort to show my girlfriend how simple (not to mention economical) it is to feed yourself with regular items and still stay within a pre-determined calorie/carb range, I invited her over for breakfast/lunch. I made her the 3 egg/cream cheese thingy (she declined sausage) which totals 577 calories and 5 carbs. She really liked it, and compared to her 'breakfast scramble' mail order meal made with egg whites and little pink chunks of turkey ham, it was double in volume. However, it turns out those 577 calories are 50% of what she is allowed on the plan (1200), and since she has bought into the "eat 6 times a day" pitch, she is going to order the next batch of 'food' and go on auto delivery to get the discount. What's that old saying? "You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink..." C'est la vie...
Old 05-05-2014, 09:26 AM   #202
Big Yapper!!!!

Your friend sounds like a friend I have. Bopping around from plan to plan, never really having any luck with any, and spending gobs of money on it all. I promised myself about 10 years ago that I wouldn't spend any more money on diet plans or diet pills. I'm allowed to buy books, but only if I've gotten them from the library and need to own them. No more exercise equipment unless I've really thought it through and commit to using it regularly. I've saved a TON of money! And heartache.
Old 05-05-2014, 11:04 AM   #203
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
...and spending gobs of money on it all...
I am amazed at the true cost of the mail-order food plans. I found out from my gf this morning that on JC you order what you want from each of the meal/snack categories and each item is priced separately!, including the extras like salad dressing and sf syrup in little containers. I had been under the impression that it was a bulk kind of shipment for a set price....and if a person chooses the high end items/snacks for each meal it can run up to $725 a month! huh? No, no, no, just no.

Well, if housework counts as exercise, I've been "exercising" for 5 hours....

Breakfast: 1/2 cup (uncooked) oatmeal, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, 1/2 cup 2%

Lunch: 2 or 3 hard boiled eggs, 1 can sardines in olive oil, with mustard and hot sauce (I'm on a sardine/egg kick again...)

Dinner: 2 Italian sausage, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, 1 1/2 cups cooked zucchini, 1 oz feta cheese, 1 slice garlic bread

Totals: 1427 calories/74 net carbs

I am intrigued by the KFC 'Double Down' sandwich (seems like the commercials for it are on every few minutes...) I looked it up and it's not bad carb/calorie wise, however, the sodium is pretty high...I think I can make a home version of it.

I tried making oopsie rolls....EPIC FAIL...I must have mixed it too much and deflated the egg whites...I have yet to make something containing whipped egg whites that turns out right...someone has obviously put an egg white curse on me...will try again when I'm in the mood.

Much more to do.....

Tadzu Lempke (the Gypsy) to Billy: Sir?
[he brushes Billy's cheek with his palm]
Tadzu Lempke: Thinner...
Thinner (1996) ...gotta love Stephen King...
Old 05-06-2014, 09:02 AM   #204
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 35 minutes

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Raisin Bran, 1/2 cup 2%, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, 3 pitted prunes.

Lunch: 2 tablespoons peanut butter and 1 tablespoon jam on 1 slice double fiber whole wheat bread, celery and carrots sticks with hot sauce.

Dinner: Liver (6 oz. before frying) and onions/bacon, 1/2 cup mashed potatoes, 3/4 cup green beans.

Totals: 1203 calories/107 carbs (will definitely grab hard boiled egg/cheese stick if/when hunger strikes between meals).

DH buddy (the one with on-line girl) invited us to a Memorial Day cook-out at his place....no thank you...I'd rather watch mushrooms grow. I'm not a very social person to begin with, and last weekend's 'meet and greet' with Miss Morality was enough for me. DH isn't jazzed about going either - I told him I'll make ribs, and we can stay home and enjoy the long weekend.

I think I'll catch up on some reading and enjoy an easy day today.

Clean-up man: Mister, I've been converted five times. Billy Sunday, Reverend Biederwolf, Gypsy Smith, and twice by Sister Falconer. I get terrible drunk, and then I get good and saved. Both of them done me a powerful lot of good - gettin' drunk and gettin' saved. Well, good night.
Elmer Gantry (1960) I love Burt Lancaster in this....

Last edited by RoxyRoller; 05-06-2014 at 09:03 AM.. Reason: pronoun correction
Old 05-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #205
Big Yapper!!!!

I don't blame you one bit. Why spend a valuable holiday with people (or person anyway) who isn't fun to be around. Life is too short!
Old 05-07-2014, 11:12 AM   #206
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 22 minutes
Stationary bike: 25 minutes

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, 3 pitted prunes.

Lunch: 3 oz. deli ham and 1 oz provolone on 1 slice double fiber whole wheat bread; 1 cup chicken noodle soup; 4 oz. celery/carrot sticks with hot sauce.

Dinner: 9 oz cooked weight Parmesan chicken breast; salad with feta cheese, olive oil and vinegar dressing.

Totals: 1463 calories/90 carbs

Busy, busy......
Old 05-07-2014, 01:51 PM   #207
Senior LCF Member

Ok....just saw the video of the stowaway kid crawling out from the wheel well of the jet aircraft that took off from San Jose and landed in Hawaii...I stand corrected and ask forgiveness for my previous snarky cynicism regarding that story...It looks like he did actually make it....with that kind of determination I hope he gets around people who recognize his strengths and help him excel in life....and that he somehow gets to see his mother too.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:37 AM   #208
Senior LCF Member

Front and back lawn cut - 23 minutes

My oleander is covered in what I found out is something called "oleander scale", white dots that are actually little insects...well, I mixed up my soap/oil spray and covered the whole bush, waited about 30 minutes and sprayed it with the hose...and they came off! yay! Then I sprayed again for good measure. And, I had these little black bugs around my back splash and sink this morning, they sort of hopped when I disturbed them...at first I thought, oh no, fleas, but they weren't fleas, they were really small and moved pretty quick, I squished one and it left a little black smear...anyway, after diligent searching online, I found out they are "springtails"...little nuisances, they don't bite, they don't live long, they don't really hurt anything...well, I don't care if they can put on a top hat, grab a cane and tap dance...they are all in springtail heaven now. It's going to be a bug-filled summer....I can feel it. Time to invest in some Ortho pest control spray and diatomaceous earth (which is my first choice, I don't want to hurt my bees spraying super bug killer).

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 1/2 slice double fiber whole wheat bread toasted with 1 tablespoon peanut butter.

Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 can sardines packed in olive oil with mustard, celery/carrot sticks with hot sauce.

Dinner: 8 oz. cooked weight Parmesan chicken breast, 1/2 cup green beans, small green salad with feta cheese and 1 tablespoon ranch dressing.

Totals: 1420 calories/31 carbs

I've got to go on a produce run, salad items have been depleted. I'm in the mood for some coleslaw and grilled/bbq chicken, I think I'll make that tomorrow [for me] and a strip steak for DH. I could eat chicken every day (DH...not so much).

Grandpa Joad: I smell spare ribs. Somebody's been eatin' spare ribs! How come I ain't got none?! The Grapes of Wrath (1940) I remember having to read this in junior high, great book, great movie, classic.
Old 05-09-2014, 02:17 PM   #209
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 25 minutes
Stationary bike: 20 minutes

Wow...the morning and part of the afternoon whizzed by.....

Breakfast: 3/4 cup Raisin Bran, 1 cup 2%, 3 prunes.

Lunch: Egg salad lettuce wrap; 1/2 cup 2% Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries sprinkled with sugar free jello.

Dinner: 8 oz. cooked weight barbecue chicken thigh; 1/2 cup baked beans.

Totals: 1320 calories/94 carbs

Looking forward to getting out this weekend. We'll definitely hit our favorite wing place.

My JC girlfriend stopped by to show me what was supposed to be a turkey burger, but it looked like it had been through a rough spell during shipping and was partially thawed...I don't know, I told her I wouldn't eat it. She then informs me she paid $5.99 for it....are you kidding me?!! I told her she can buy a box of 4 frozen turkey burgers at the grocery store for that amount! Sick! Anyway, we went on the JC website, and that turkey burger looked nothing like the photo on the site. I encouraged her to take a photo of it, email it to their customer service department and request credit.

Have a great day people............

My daddy drinks beer when he watches tv.....
My momma and my sister they both drink tea....
My aunt and my uncle they both hate me....
Let 'em eat cake...I'll eat dog food.....
Venus and The Razorblades - Dog Food - Songs From The Sunshine Jungle (1978) A short-lived, creative success but commercial failure formed by Kim Fowley after he let The Runaways slip away.....
Old 05-10-2014, 07:44 AM   #210
Big Yapper!!!!

That's great that the soap solution got rid of those icky little creatures on your oleander. This seems like a particularly "buggy" spring this year. I have tons of little geckos in my yard, and I'm so happy to see them. Eat away, my little friends!