LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #121
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RoxyRoller
Stats: 315/259/200 next weigh 8/1/14
WOE: Calorie controlled, average 75 carbs per day
Start Date: December 30, 2013
Had a great time...

It was nice getting away for a couple days. We enjoyed ourselves. I ate very well, no sugar (even with the Ghirardelli factory so close we could smell the chocolate! I could have gone in and picked up a couple super dark bars, but, I know I would have cracked and got more than that, including something from the ice cream/soda fountain...so....I steered clear). But, there was a great deal of sodium in the food I did eat...bunless cheeseburger, wings, grilled shrimp salad, and an incredible warm sardine salad with olives, tomatoes, and anchovies over greens with shaved parmesan cheese and an olive oil/lemon/oregano type dressing. I'm drinking water like mad to mitigate the damages...my rings are tight. I wouldn't get on the scale right now for love or money.

Today is a 7.2 mile bike day! Yay! I did NOT want to exercise today, nope, not at all. I'm in one of those "crashing fatigue" perimenopausal phases, but, I told myself that I'd feel better and have more energy if I did...so, I did, and I do feel better....gotta tough it out, the fatigue will pass, it always does.

I'm making home made lentil soup today - very simple, I'm using the ham bone from last week's ham, adding some celery and onion, black pepper and lentils, that's it. My husband likes it served with vinegar drizzled over the top.

Breakfast: 1 fried egg, 3 oz turkey breast, 1 slice cheddar.

Lunch: Don't know yet, if I get hungry it will most likely be sardines and a hard boiled egg.

Dinner: Lentil soup, 1/2 cup home canned peaches (canned without added sugar or sweetener).

I see the strawberry stands will be opening soon - I'll make sugar free strawberry freezer jam (so simple). I made some sf peach freezer jam last year, it didn't set as well as I had hoped, so I'm sticking with strawberry.

I did attempt cooked jam using Splenda last year - it was an epic fail, never again.

I enjoy canning, I don't do a lot of different things, I stick with peaches, pears and apples. I pressure can green beans with dill. I also make salsa, but we go through it so fast I'm making double this year, it's very easy, a little time consuming/labor intensive with blanching the tomatoes and cutting everything up, but, well worth it because I control what goes in it, and nothing beats fresh tomatoes.

I see Motorhead is coming next month! I love Motorhead! Lemmy rocks! I think I'd like to go to that event.

Time to read around the boards and get it in gear.
Vada Sultenfuss..."Once I sat on a toilet seat at a truck stop and caught hemorrhoids, and I've learned to live with this chicken bone that's been lodged in my throat for the past three years." My Girl 1991

"'Cause we're a loving couple...spanning time."
Billy Brown and Layla, Buffalo 66 (1998)
RoxyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2014, 11:10 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

I walked 1 mile on the treadmill in 30 minutes and 35 seconds today (I didn't think I could sweat that much). That is down from 46 minutes when I originally began. I feel pretty good about it. I even got an "aerobic point" from the treadmill - I'm not sure what that is, but I've never gotten one before, the little "aerobic point" window has always been at zero, so, I'll have to grab the owner's manual and look up what criteria have to be met in order to score those points!

Breakfast/Lunch: 3 eggs, 2 oz cream cheese blended with Splenda, cinnamon and vanilla; 1 sausage; 1/2 cup home canned no sugar added peaches.

Dinner: 2 cups home made lentil soup with ham.

Snack: (if needed) hard boiled egg/celery sticks with mustard and hot sauce.

Tonight there's a new episode of "Naked and Afraid". Last week's premier episode in the Amazon jungle was very interesting. Three people tapped out before the time was up...I don't blame them, the mosquitoes were eating them alive - the discomfort from that alone had to be dreadful...not to mention the threat of malaria, although there has got be preliminary health screening and precautions, vaccinations, etc. I wouldn't last an hour let alone 21 days.

My copy of "The Wisdom of Menopause" by Dr. Christiane Northrup arrived yesterday (I got it for a whole $4 on line with free shipping! Love those used books!). I read some of it last night, it's pretty good so far.

Busy week ahead. I've got to do some shopping for fresh things, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, avocados, mushrooms, jalapenos, etc....the fun part is prepping it all when I get it home. I saw "the avocado guy" had his stand up yesterday - 20 avocados for $5 - that's cheaper than dirt for avocados. I use some fresh and mash the rest with lemon juice and put batches in freezer bags, comes in handy for topping salads, spread on lettuce wraps (especially bacon and turkey!), guacamole, dip for celery. I'm thawing a chuck roast to throw in the crock pot for shredded beef tomorrow.

Jezelle Gay Hartman: Every 23rd Spring, for 23 days, it gets to... eat.
Darry: Eat?
Jezelle Gay Hartman: You know what it eats and don't you make me tell you!
Jeepers Creepers 2001
Old 03-24-2014, 02:00 PM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Busy, busy, busy.

Breakfast : 1 serving Cream of Wheat, 1/2 cup 2%.

Lunch : 1 1/2 cups lentil soup with ham, 1 hard boiled egg.

Dinner : 1/2 cup shredded beef with salsa verde, salad with lettuce, tomato, black olives, jalapeno, 2 tbsp shredded cheddar, 1/4 cup red salsa and hot sauce.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:28 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

An 8.1 mile bike day! Way to go me!

I weigh in one week. This month sure went by fast!

Breakfast: 1 cup Total 100% Whole Grain, 1/2 cup 2%.

Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs with mayo and mustard, 1/2 cup cottage cheese.

Dinner: 1 Italian sausage with 1/2 cup steamed peppers/onions, 1/4 cup sauce and 1 tbsp. parmesan; salad with lettuce, tomato, pepperoncini, radish, 1 oz crumbled feta, olive oil and vinegar.

I have realized that in order to be successful, and by successful I mean maintain any weight loss for longer than a few months, I had to change my priorities. This means that in Roxy's Hierarchy of Needs, exercise and eating well along with showing my husband every day how much he means to me and taking time to STOP and just breathe, pet the cat, look out the window that I have gone nuts trying to keep streak-free and watch the hummingbirds (I love hummingbirds) have to be at the top. Over the years I had adopted the mind set that everything else (housework, shopping, laundry, errands, help this one or that one) had to be "done" before I could tackle MY list. I somehow felt that I had to earn time to do things for myself by taking care of a laundry list of nonsense. Yes, things like housework, laundry, errands, etc. are important, but they are NOT a priority, at least not any more. I'm finding that I still get the things done that I want to get done, but not in the order I used to do them in. Some things just have to wait until I'm good and ready to do them.

Okay, so, there ya go.

Aldous Snow: When the world slips you a Jeffrey, stroke the furry wall.
Get Him To The Greek 2010
Old 03-25-2014, 05:59 PM   #125
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Sending good thoughts your way, Roxie. And admitting that as the years have gone by I've gradually let go of my compulsion to place duty (job, housework, errands, laundry and yes even family and friends) completely above my own needs and desires. We need to find a balance. A disheveled house can have a certain charm. The totally scrubbed clean environment may be rather sterile. Glad you enjoyed your out of town adventure. I might have been driven mad by the proximity of the Ghirardelli factory. I keep a tin of their unsweetened cocoa on the shelf and it's been so cold recently that I've twice warmed myself by making cocoa. It actually is pretty low carb (about 3 carbs) since I make it with only about 1 TBS cocoa, 1 pkt Splenda, boiling H2O and a dollop of HWC. Take care, Roxie, and keep on fighting the good fight.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 10:20 PM   #126
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
I really do enjoy your posts, Rox! I don't always manage to comment, but I'm following you and rooting for you always!

I have found my priorities have changed over time too. I used to clean my house, top to bottom, once a week without fail. Not so much anymore. It's always pretty tidy, and it's not filthy, but sometimes there is a light layer of dust on the furniture, and some specs on the carpet that I'd prefer not be there. But so be it. I'm focusing more on me than I am my house at time point in time!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 03:32 PM   #127
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
Sending good thoughts your way, Roxie...
Thank you! I'm going to try that hot cocoa the way you make it...sounds delish! It's amazing how we can get caught up in things that make us spin our wheels!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal
I really do enjoy your posts, Rox! I don't always manage to comment, but I'm following you and rooting for you always!
Thanks so much! I'm learning to embrace the dust...love the dust...make friends with the dust...I may eat the dust!

It's actually raining today!...better enjoy it, we won't see it again until sometime in October!

My hummingbirds have stopped coming...(they've stopped coming to my neighbor's house too). I believe it's due to them nesting. I can hear them up in the palm tree. We've never had a nest (that I know of) near the house. I took the feeders down and washed them out. I'll give it some time and put them back out when I see them darting around again. I've seen videos online of people sitting perfectly still in a lawn chair with nectar cupped in their palm feeding them by hand...I don't think I could stay that still long enough from them to become comfortable with feeding from my hand, but it sure looks cool.

Today I have the wonderful "internal shaking" that comes with perimenopause. I did do a lot of running around this morning, which I believe contributes to the shakiness/tremor feeling, but, who knows... In The Wisdom Of Menopause Book I'm reading there's a segment comparing the health anxiety we sometimes experience with the symptoms of menopause to being in a plane. To paraphrase, [when you're on a plane that is experiencing turbulence, you can choose to relax, breathe, read, listen to music, watch the movie; or, you can choose to focus on every engine sound, the speeding/slowing, ascending/descending of the aircraft while imagining your certain death and in doing so kick your adrenals into overdrive and increase your anxiety..] It makes sense. Get your mind on something pleasant, don't accommodate the anxiety beast.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%; 1/2 peach.

Lunch: 5 oz can water packed tuna with 1 stalk chopped celery, 1 tbsp. mayo, 1 slice double fiber 100% whole wheat bread; 1 hard boiled egg.

Dinner: 7 oz. cooked mayo/parmesan chicken breast; salad with lettuce, tomato, 1/2 avocado, onion, olive oil/vinegar.

Today I am at the high end of my calorie allowance 1617 (limit is 1820) calories/60 net carbs. It's weird though, because lunch seemed like a lot of food, but it wasn't really. (Leans back in rocker with corn cob pipe....I remember when I could down a foot long coney with a double order of fries and still have room for a Snickers or two....)

Oh, my girlfriend is not enjoying her NutriSystem food as much as she thought she would. It seems to me there are a lot of pasta/tomato based meals....(where's the ice cream Marie is talking about in the tv ads??), although I was under the impression you could pick the entrees. I see the commercials where a lot of people are very successful, guess it depends on the person.

Time to break out my Ten Commandments DVD with Charlton Heston. I remember watching it on tv at Easter time as a kid and trying to stay awake wanting to see the ending....never made it past the parting of the Red Sea.

Rameses: So it shall be written, so it shall be done.
The Ten Commandments 1956
Old 03-27-2014, 09:47 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

It's a 1.1 miles in 31:00 minutes day! Woo! Yay! Man, that treadmill kicks my butt!

Breakfast: 1 serving Cream of Wheat, 1/2 cup 2%, 1/2 cup no sugar added canned peaches.

Lunch: Lettuce wrap with 4 slices bacon, 1/2 avocado, 1 tbsp. mayo.

Dinner: 7 ounce cooked weight mayo/parmesan chicken breast, 3/4 cup green beans.

Chamomile/vanilla tea as needed.

I bought some new towels and washed them...lint...lint...I don't like new towel lint. I read online that after washing and drying, put them BACK in the dryer with 2 fresh dryer sheets on low and it should pull more lint...(I'm a liquid fabric softener girl) I'll get some dryer sheets and give it a try.

Looks like we're going to the Motorhead show! Lemmy is 68...don't know how many more tours he's going to do, gotta see them while we can. It's an all ages show...should be interesting...the demographic will range from 14 year old head bangers to 50+ metal heads that still have their first concert t-shirt! Concerts sure have changed since the 70's....so many rules now. When I think back to the very first concert I ever went to (it was Aerosmith, I was 14...after begging, sobbing, howling, whining like a brat to get my mother to say yes) and all the open flame lighters being held up, all the cigarette (and other) smoke and assorted bottles of cheap liquor being passed around, it makes concerts today look so well behaved.

So, I finished the wisdom of menopause book...uh...yeah, right. There were a couple very interesting chapters. However, I will not chalk my menopause symptoms up to some past unresolved issue or present life discontent. The book eludes to heart palpitations being caused by something missing in a woman's life...uh...no, they're caused by a glitch in your sympathetic and parasympathetic nervous system, hormone imbalance, vagus nerve sensitivity and/or mitral valve prolapse as well as anxiety (in my case, after cardiac work up ruled out anything serious). Sure am glad I only paid $4 for it...wish I had a canary cage I could line with it. I'll donate it to our library.

Ok...the doorbell just rang.....UPS delivery, our UPS man is so nice.

"Ain't got the time that you had yesterday...Nobody sees that we're all on our knees...Looking for reasons to do what we do..."
(Wearing Your) Heart On Your Sleeve, Motorhead
Old 03-27-2014, 03:02 PM   #129
Big Yapper!!!!

Ah, Aerosmith is still a favorite of mine....especially the older stuff. Never been into Motorhead - hope you enjoy the show!

Our hummingbirds are MIA too. I think it's because everything is blooming all around, they have so many choices right now for feeding.
Old 03-28-2014, 10:29 AM   #130
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Our hummingbirds are MIA too. I think it's because everything is blooming all around, they have so many choices right now for feeding.
Exactly! They have a smorgasbord of flowers as well as insects...I think all the aphids and white flies on the west coast have found a home in my roses and oleander. I sprayed with soap water mixed with vegetable oil, it works, but it doesn't last very long. I hesitate to use anything really strong because we have so many birds (and bees!). I think I'll pick up a bag of ladybugs this weekend and turn them loose...bye bye aphids.

Today is an 8.2 mile bike day!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%, 1 orange.

Lunch: Bacon/avocado lettuce wrap.

Dinner: 2 egg/2 oz. cream cheese/Splenda/vanilla mix; 1 sausage; 2 tbsp. sour cream.

Only 4 days till I weigh...ooh....I get nervous. My clothes are bigger than they were last month...so, we'll see what the magic number is come Tuesday (April Fool's Day!).

Orphan: Lighten up Mercy! Stop lookin' for trouble!
Orphan Leader: Should have slapped your mouth the minute you opened it!
Mercy: So who stopped you?!
The Warriors 1979 ...cool movie....
Old 03-29-2014, 10:29 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill today: 1.1 miles in 31 minutes and 27 seconds (I have to get a stand-up fan in that room...the ceiling fan just doesn't cut it!)

I have to say, my energy level is way up, even with the perimenopausal nonsense, it seems as though the severity of my hot flashes/anxiety has dinimished...and I'm SLEEPING at least 6-7 hours every night, what a blessing!

Breakfast: 2 fried eggs, 1/2 cup McCormick Original Country Gravy, 1 sausage.

Lunch: Don't know..., we ate breakfast relatively late, if I get hungry I'll have a cheese stick and a few slices of salami.

Dinner: Taco salad - 6 oz. cooked weight seasoned ground beef, lettuce, 1/2 avocado, onions, pepperoncini, sliced jalapeno, 2 oz shredded cheddar, 2 tbsp. sour cream, red/green salsa. (I'm hooked on the taco salad, it has become my go-to weekend meal).

My husband noted how loose my jeans are today...cool! I suppose I should invest in a new pair, I'm sure they'll be one if not two sizes smaller, but, I'm cheap when it comes to some things, and as long as they stay up on their own, I think I'll hold off. The weather will be furnace hot soon enough out here, and it will be capris and tank tops.

My girlfriend is giving up on NutriSystem. She came over yesterday, told me she cancelled her next food order and expressed her frustration in general. I listened. I didn't have any encouraging words for her as I thought the food was unappetizing to begin with...not to mention you have to spend even more money on fresh items to round out your meals, although it obviously works for many people. I did encourage her to come to the LCF boards, read around, get some ideas and information and seriously consider undertaking an eating plan that she can LIVE with, not dread. I'll call her later and see how she's doing.

Stay tuned......
Old 03-29-2014, 10:48 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

It's driving me crazy that I misspelled the word "diminished" in the above post and it's too late to edit and correct it. Obviously my OCD hasn't diminished!! ha!
Old 03-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Happy Sunday!

I've got a busy Monday tomorrow, and a full week ahead. Glad I got things prepped and ready (hb eggs, celery, salad items cut and bagged).

Breakfast: 3 scrambled eggs, 1/2 cup McCormick Original Country Gravy, 2 oz. fried Spam (yes, I like Spam).

Lunch: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1 orange, 4 slices Gallo Dry Salami, 1.4 oz. provolone cheese, mustard.

Dinner: 6 Tequila Lime chicken wing sections, 2 tbsp. Ranch dressing.

Total calories 1485, total net carbs 57.

Oh, I did take the time to go over and see my girlfriend (NutriSystem drop-out). She has gone to the dark side temporarily, and by that I mean there were a couple bags of chips and a bag of peanut butter eggs on the counter (no, there are no kids at home anymore). I didn't know how to take it when she said "you make me sick!, look at the weight you've lost!". She didn't say it in a mean way, it was more like exasperation/frustration. And I really don't see that big a difference in the way I look, but my clothes are definitely bigger. In any case, I once again encouraged her to come here and just read.

DH got me a fan for the treadmill room!! Yay!!!

Good day all....
Old 03-30-2014, 03:36 PM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Partyof7
Stats: 44 down, 104 to lose.
WOE: JUDD induc.UD 4/10/14 Goal: Under 50g carbs day
Start Date: March 16th 2014
Read your first post, and your last. Hi Roxy I enjoy your writing style.
Partyof7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 03:57 PM   #135
Big Yapper!!!!

What a great thing that she is seeing your results! Sounds like you are an encouraging friend, and hopefully she'll come and read, and decide to start a plan with some online support.

for the fan! That can make a huge difference! You mentioned palm trees and hot weather one time - you're not by any chance in AZ are you?
Old 03-31-2014, 04:53 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
...you're not by any chance in AZ are you?
No...I'm here in the seventh circle of hell...aka...the valley of the shadow of death....California! It's only really bad in June, July and August...but "it's a DRY heat!"...so is the heat in my oven, but I don't want to sit in it.

Arizona is beautiful! I was in Prescott years and years ago (actually it will be 26 years this summer!) when a friend of mine was attending Embery Riddle. I liked it, it has a totally different vibe than California, although I do not think I could take summertime.

Exhausting day today, going to relax tonight with The Walking Dead and Dancing With The Stars!

Treadmill: 1.1 miles in 31 minutes 28 seconds.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%, 1/2 an orange.

Lunch: 3 Tequila Lime Chicken Wing sections, 1/2 cup cottage cheese with cinnamon and Splenda.

Dinner: 2 grilled Casper's hot dogs with pickles and mustard (no buns), 1/2 cup baked beans.

I had a somewhat sad morning...please people, do not wait until someone is dead in a casket to tell them all the things you never got around to...don't hold grudges, it's NOT worth it, be nice. All I could think of today is the scene in "Imitation Of Life" after Sara Jane's mom passes away and she realizes how badly she had treated her and arrives just in time to see the doors being closed on the casket in the hearse and proceeds to fall onto the casket sobbing and telling her mom how sorry she is, it's heart wrenching to see someone in so much pain....I know the feeling.

On the brighter side.......there's always a brighter side!, I talked myself into a Costco run this afternoon before I came home (it's been over 5 weeks)...ooh...I'm so glad I went. It was a "meat run", got it all wrapped/vacuum sealed. I bought some pork chops - I have trouble with them, I tend to overcook and dry them out...my mother could make some fantastic fried pork chops!

I have to split my shopping into categories, especially at Costco, I'd never be able to stay within our budget otherwise...I could spend big bucks at Costco...especially at Christmas!...only 267 shopping days left!
Old 03-31-2014, 05:06 PM   #137
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partyof7 View Post
Read your first post, and your last. Hi Roxy I enjoy your writing style.
Hello! Thank you for the kind words!
Old 04-01-2014, 10:13 AM   #138
Big Yapper!!!!

Yes, Prescott is definitely a lovely little town. I love it up in the northern part of the state. Definitely a different vibe than down here in Phoenix. And much nicer in the summer!

So sorry for your sad news and loss, Rox.
Old 04-01-2014, 11:24 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

And the new number is......wait for it......277! I'll take that!

Crazy busy today.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%, 1/2 orange, 1/2 slice double fiber 100% whole wheat toast with 1 tbsp. peanut butter (I was craving peanut butter).

Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs with mayo and mustard, 1/2 cup cottage cheese with cinnamon and Splenda.

Lunch: Baked chicken thigh totaling 6 oz cooked meat, 1/2 cup baked beans, 1/2 home made buttermilk biscuit with 2 tsp. butter.

I am irritable and bloated today...I got that pain I used to get when ovulating....I hope I don't get a TOM...please no...then I'll have to start the 12 months all over again. Perimenopause is the devil.

Oh, I see we have free HBO (On Demand only) this week. I want to watch Behind the Candelabra (I read great reviews about Michael Douglas' performance as Liberace and Matt Damon as his partner) and Phil Spector (I love Al Pacino)....I want to split the atom too but I probably won't have time before the free HBO preview ends.

I did get caught up on The Walking Dead and General Hospital! Sorry to see Billy Dee go last night on DWTS.
Old 04-02-2014, 06:07 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Just stopping by to say hello, Roxie. As usual I am so impressed by your self-discipline with your menus and exercise.

After a month or so of eating too many calories (over-indulging in high fat stuff) I got back on track (finally) last month. Still afraid to step on the scale but last night wore a pair of very slim fitting slacks that I feared I couldn't fit into any longer but whew! they worked just fine. So apparently my renewed sense of discipline (and cutting out all that blue cheese/sour cream/HWC/mayo dressing on my chicken salad every lunchtime) has had at least a modest but positive effect. Think I may even be brave enough to face the scales tomorrow.

Hope you day is wonderful, Ms. R.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 08:19 AM   #141
Big Yapper!!!!

Good job! You are rocking it!

I used to watch GH for many many years. It's been a good 14 or so years since I quit, but every now and then I'll see a commercial that makes me watch an episode or two. I loved Robert Scorpio back in the 80's and when I heard he was back I had to see him. Loved him and Anna. And Frisco and Felicia.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:43 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
....I am so impressed by your self-discipline with your menus and exercise.
Thank you, kind words are always appreciated!....they're also motivational! I'm trying to strike a balance with the exercise. I'm finding myself wanting to slip back into old thought patterns with exercise as well as with eating, for example, "well, if I rode 7 miles today, I should be able to do 8 tomorrow, and 8.5 the next day...." OR "if I did ok on 1500 calories today, I can cut it to 1200 and still be ok, then 1000, then 900"...etc. It's self sabotage at it's finest. I am the queen of over burdening myself to the point I conjure up goals that, while may be attainable in the short term, are unsustainable in the real world - hence, failure.

So, here's to you in your skinny jeans! and continued success and HAPPINESS for all of us!
Old 04-02-2014, 09:49 AM   #143
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good job! You are rocking it!

Loved him and Anna. And Frisco and Felicia.
Thanks! Yes, Robert appeared in a few episodes a couple months back, and Anna is now the Police Chief in Port Charles and Duke Lavery is back! (I loved Robert and Anna too!) Felicia is on regularly, Frisco made a brief appearance at the nurse's ball. You know how soaps are...you can miss years and catch up within a week! I loved the Luke and Laura days.

I mentioned in my post above how I am beginning to slide into old habits, the gulag way of thinking that inevitably creates a vicious circle of starvation/bingeing...gotta stop that right now!

Gotta run...back later.
Old 04-02-2014, 12:05 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Stationary bike: 7.2 miles

Breakfast: Cheese stick (I stayed up late watching free HBO On Demand and couldn't get the lead out this morning).

Lunch: 1/2 egg salad sandwich consisting of 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 tbsp. mayonnaise, 1 slice double fiber 100% whole wheat bread, lettuce; 1 cup cream of mushroom soup.

Dinner: Leftover chicken thigh (3.75 oz meat), 2 scrambled eggs with 1 slice cheddar, 1 sausage.

As I was saying, the disordered thinking regarding food/exercise is creeping back, why?, because I want to see a faster loss, because I am ANGRY deep down for allowing my weight to climb and I want to punish myself by eating less and less - and exercising more and more, which is insane!...like making a 17-year-old stand in the time-out corner for something he did when he was 8. It's water under the bridge....way under the bridge, and any energy spent trying to rectify the perversion of past binges and pig-outs is fruitless. That energy is much better utilized to make positive changes that enhance my quality of life and contribute to achieving and maintaining a permanent lifestyle change. So, there ya go.

Last night I watched Behind The Candelabra - holy catfish! Michael Douglas and Matt Damon were incredible. A very interesting movie, I must say. I also watched Phil Spector - it isn't a comedy, but, the way Al Pacino delivered some of his lines had me rolling a few times and the scene in the recording studio cracked me up...

Phil Spector (after firing a couple rounds from a handgun and telling someone to order Chinese) "play until the lemon chicken comes..."

Stay tuned.........

"Why do you have so many guns?" she (Linda Kenney Baden, Spector's attorney) inquires on her first visit to his sprawling castle home near Los Angeles, where the shooting took place.

"I might need one," he replies.

"Why would you need more than one?"

"How many shoes do you have?" he asks...and after a pause..."How many feet?"
Phil Spector 2013
Old 04-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Cut and edged front and back lawn - which is 35 minutes of walking and then another 10 minutes or so doing the edging.

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 1 sausage.

Lunch: 1 cup cream of mushroom soup, 1/2 grilled cheese sandwich made with 1 slice double fiber whole wheat bread and 1 oz. cheddar cheese grilled in 1 tsp. bacon fat.

Dinner: 6 oz cooked home made meatballs (parmesan, egg, oregano, basil, garlic powder, pepper) 1/2 cup sauce, salad (lettuce, 1 oz shredded cheddar, 1 oz crumbled feta, 4 black olives, olive oil/vinegar).

Watched Grey Gardens on HBO last night. Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange were great. I saw the original documentary from 1975 last year on Sundance or Indie, it is riveting and sad.

I have an easy day tomorrow. I need to pick up some salad items and visit the egg farmer, and if I'm lucky one or two strawberry stands will be open.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:36 PM   #146
Senior LCF Member

Stationary bike: 7.2 miles

Breakfast: 1 cup raisin bran, 1/2 cup 2%, 1/2 orange.

Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 can sardines in soybean oil, hot sauce.

Dinner: 7 oz. grilled weight strip steak; salad with lettuce, tomato, 1 oz. shredded cheddar, olive oil/vinegar; 1/2 cup corn.

Well, I thought today was going to be an easy day...turns out the morning was nuts, but that's okay, I still got the majority of things taken care of; didn't get to the strawberry stand yet, but I plan on going shortly.

I watched 2 movies last night (and stayed up too late)....I'm enjoying this whole free HBO/Cinemax/Starz thing...Airport 1970 with Burt Lancaster (I love Burt Lancaster). I remember seeing it long ago, but it's one of those worth a second watch; and Shining Through 1992 with Michael Douglas and Melanie Griffith - I read the book back in the 80's. Seeing Michael Douglas in the role of a Colonel in WWII versus playing Liberace in Behind The Candelabra was quite the contrast.

Horst-Drescher: (remarking on the cucumber soup) "It's supposed to be COLD cucumber soup!"
Linda Voss: "In Dusseldorf we serve it hot."
Linda then proceeds to serve half-cooked doves as the main course, and not wanting to lose face, Herr Drescher slices into his and begins eating....
Horst-Drescher: "Delicious! Makes me feel like a wolf!"
Shining Through 1992

Much to do....good day all.
Old 04-05-2014, 05:38 PM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Treadmill: 1.1 miles in 31 minutes 30 seconds.

Breakfast/Lunch: 2 eggs, 1.5 oz cheddar, 1 sausage, 2 oz. home made biscuit, 2 tsp. butter, 9 small strawberries.

Dinner: 4 oz. cooked weight meatballs, salad with lettuce, olives, 1 oz. shredded mozzarella, tomato, olive oil and vinegar, 1/2 cup sliced strawberries with Splenda.

Busy day.....hope everyone is enjoying their Saturday!

Watched This Is The End, 2013 last night...I haven't laughed so hard during a movie in a long time....hilarious!
Old 04-05-2014, 09:44 PM   #148
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: reptogirl
Stats: 333.2/317.2/ next weigh in 5/19
WOE: Induction 72
Start Date: March 30 2014
I just read your whole journal
You are a refreshing riot, and absolutely love your movie references.

Oh my that part of imitation of life , is capable of producing doubled over sobbing in pain deep with your body and soul, just thinking about it and I get a physical reaction
(I know that was an older post but can't get it out of my head)

And congrats on your weight loss and exercise
reptogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #149
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reptogirl View Post
...You are a refreshing riot, and absolutely love your movie references...
Thank you so very much! Movies (some, not all) have the power to change the way a person feels, thinks, and can stay with you long after they're over, while others are forgotten before the end credits roll.

Exercise....gotta love it! Menopause...gotta love it even more!

Brunch: 2 eggs, 2 oz. cream cheese, Splenda, vanilla, cinnamon; 5 slices of the crispiest bacon I have ever made (probably due to my new baking sheet with a rack); 10 strawberries.

Dinner: Taco salad - 6 oz. cooked weight seasoned ground beef, lettuce, tomato, cilantro, jalapeno, 1 oz. cheddar, salsa, avocado.

Total: 1555 calories/27 net carbs

Motorhead show this Friday! Lemmy rocks!

DH is out cleaning the gutters...what a mess.....I'm going out to see if I can be of any assistance.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:44 AM   #150
Big Yapper!!!!

Ick, gutters! I hope you geo that done quickly and moved on to more fun (and less gross) things.