Old 02-28-2014, 10:08 AM   #91
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RoxyRoller
Stats: 315/259.8/200 next weigh 9/1/14
WOE: Calorie controlled, average 75 carbs per day
Start Date: December 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
I hope you'll be feeling back to normal soon.
Thank you, yes, I'm back to my baseline state of hypervigilant cat-like readiness! Seriously though, thank you for your kind words, it helps to know others have gone through this.

I went 3/4 of a mile on the treadmill, it seemed a bit easier, and I did it in less time, hoping to break the elusive 1.0 mile in the not too distant future. I'm thinking the reason I was able to progress so rapidly on the stationary bike is due to the fact that it has always been my "go to" piece of exercise equipment, and I was diligent in riding 4+ days a week for many years, in other words, those muscles are "used to" or conditioned already, whereas walking....not so much, not to mention those leg muscles are toting quite the load when walking compared to sitting and pedaling, and it's been a LONG time since I've walked for exercise.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Lao-tzu

Gotta love Lao-tzu...

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One (I have to put some water on this and let it get soft before I put the milk on, it is some fibrous cereal!), 1/2 cup 2% milk, 1 orange.

Lunch: Chicken thigh, cottage cheese.

Dinner: Leftover meatballs with peppers and onions, small green salad with olive oil/vinegar.

MD's office called back yesterday and told me my doc left a book for me at the front desk...how cool is that?? Anyway, I picked it up last night (they are also open till 8 pm on Wed, Thurs and Fri, yessssss!) The book is The Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome and Dysautonomia Survival Guide, wow, I couldn't put it down, I'll be finished with it by Monday when I see him. It's an easy read and makes things much more clear...and I slept last night (without Tylenol PM or Mother's Little Helper).

Do you ever wonder why some people feel it's ok to make comments about obese people in public? Example: I needed a couple quick things so I stopped at Walmart (yay for 24 hr. Walmart!), there was a very obese person using one of those mobility scooters that Walmart has available at the entrance, and as they were placing their items on the counter to be rung up, the person in front of me turns and says to me! "look at the junk he's buying, like he really needs cookies." I wanted to say something vile and profane, but, I did not, instead I just looked at him and raised my eyebrows and gave him a look like "really?" and shook my head. The horrid ways humans treat each other never ceases to amaze me.

Tomorrow is weigh in day.......oh my......please let it be under 290...please, please, please....
Vada Sultenfuss..."Once I sat on a toilet seat at a truck stop and caught hemorrhoids, and I've learned to live with this chicken bone that's been lodged in my throat for the past three years." My Girl 1991

"'Cause we're a loving couple...spanning time."
Billy Brown and Layla, Buffalo 66 (1998)
RoxyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2014, 02:01 PM   #92
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRoller View Post
Do you ever wonder why some people feel it's ok to make comments about obese people in public? Example: I needed a couple quick things so I stopped at Walmart (yay for 24 hr. Walmart!), there was a very obese person using one of those mobility scooters that Walmart has available at the entrance, and as they were placing their items on the counter to be rung up, the person in front of me turns and says to me! "look at the junk he's buying, like he really needs cookies." I wanted to say something vile and profane, but, I did not, instead I just looked at him and raised my eyebrows and gave him a look like "really?" and shook my head. The horrid ways humans treat each other never ceases to amaze me.

Tomorrow is weigh in day.......oh my......please let it be under 290...please, please, please....
You are doing so great with your exercise! You should feel a real sense of accomplishment on that!

That is amazing about what that guy said in Walmart. Did the fellow in the cart hear it? How sad. We can't judge anything at all, or know what's going on. That fellow may have kids that wanted cookies, or needed them for school, or maybe he allows himself one cookie every evening, or maybe he ate the whole package in the car in the parking lot. We just don't know, and it's none of our business. Shakes head.

Great luck on weigh-in! I'm crossing my fingers for you!

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:13 AM   #93
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Did the fellow in the cart hear it? How sad. We can't judge anything at all, or know what's going on. That fellow may have kids that wanted cookies, or needed them for school, or maybe he allows himself one cookie every evening, or maybe he ate the whole package in the car in the parking lot. We just don't know, and it's none of our business. Shakes head.

Great luck on weigh-in! I'm crossing my fingers for you!
I'm sure he probably did......but acted like he didn't.

Okay.......drum roll.........the number is.......284!!!!!!! Wooo!! Yessss!! Woohoo! High five DH, high five the cat! (Cat screeches and runs away) . I'm am pleased beyond words!
Old 03-01-2014, 10:26 AM   #94
Big Yapper!!!!

WTG!

I'm so happy for you, and giving you virtual !
Old 03-02-2014, 06:11 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
WTG!

I'm so happy for you, and giving you virtual !
Thanks! I can only hope to be as successful as you have been....you look incredible!

Today's menu :

Breakfast : 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries.

Lunch : Greek yogurt, hardboiled egg.

Dinner : 6.5 ounces ribeye, salad with lettuce, tomato, onion, feta cheese.

Today is a bike day too.....better get moving! Good day all!
Old 03-02-2014, 12:47 PM   #96
Senior LCF Member

A 7.5 mile day! I'll take that!

I switched up lunch today - I was craving sardines...so, instead of the Greek yogurt I swapped it for a can of sardines with the hard boiled egg (with mustard). I don't know why I crave sardines and eggs, it has to have something to do with the wildly fluctuating hormones of menopause. When I was younger I would crave tuna and eggs just before TOM....who knows, I'll take sardine cravings over chocolate cravings any day.

My food tracker app gave me a warning indicating that I have lost weight too quickly??!! My start weight was 315 and current is 284 - that's 31 pounds in 62 days (counting from December 30, 2013 to March 1, 2014), roughly 15 pounds a month or 3.75 pounds a week, which is a lot, but, I'm not cutting calories drastically. In fact, I come pretty close to 1750 regularly, although some days are around 1100 or 1200, depends what I eat. I'm not starving, I don't feel like I'm deprived, I'm not thinking about food constantly, so, I'm going to see what my MD thinks when I see him in the morning. In any case, I know the rate of loss will slow down as additional weight is lost. Of note is the fact that DH has lost 29 pounds so far, but when I logged in to put today's food in his diary, I did not get that warning, and it's only a difference of 2 lbs.

Interesting is the fact that the app also prompted with the question (for both of us) "You've lost over 20 lbs.! Would you like to recalculate your calories/goals at this time?"....I chose "not right now", although when my rate of loss begins to slow down, I definitely will consider it for me, and DH can decide for himself when the time comes.

Today is food prep day, boiled the eggs, chopped the lettuce, onion, tomato, radishes, olives, and pepperoncini for salad. Made little 1 oz. bags of almonds for DH's lunch box, I use the vacuum sealer and make up a bunch of little bags, (he's not a hard boiled egg eater, so, it's either a cheese stick or 1 oz. almonds) I keep one in my purse too. It's takes a little time weighing them out and making the bags (I use a roll and create my own bags for them because the smallest vacuum bag is still too big for just 1 oz of almonds), but, they keep forever and once they're made, I don't have to do it again for a few weeks. I suppose I could just buy the individual snack bags of almonds/cashews/peanuts (I've seen them at Costco, but they're 2 oz bags....it's easy to overdo it with nuts) not to mention they're a little pricey, IMO. Planned this weeks menus and am thawing tomorrow's and Tuesday's meat in the refrigerator....which will create the base for dinners from Monday to Wednesday (cook once, eat twice...nice).

Hope everyone has a great Sunday!

"There are some things you can't cover up with lipstick and powder....thought I heard you mention my name, can't you talk any louder...."
"Girls Talk, Dave Edmunds"
Old 03-03-2014, 09:04 AM   #97
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
You are doing amazingly well. I'm inspired by your success and also by your mention of sardines and eggs. I love sardines and always keep them in the cupboard but for some reason rarely think of them at lunch time. I've leftover BBQ and collards to eat for lunch today but I think I'll follow your idea and have sardines tomorrow. Pairing them with eggs sounds like a marvelous menu. Yum.

Have a wonderful, safe and happy day, Roxie.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #98
Senior LCF Member

I FINALLY did it....

Quote:
Have a wonderful, safe and happy day, Roxie.
Thanks so much! Right back at ya!

I did it, I walked A MILE on the treadmill today, actually 1.1 miles to be exact! Oh my goodness....the last 10th of a mile was the hardest....looking at that little "Distance" window and watching it go .90, .91, .92...I turned up my music and just kept walking, I got to the point where I was thinking "I don't care if I have to crawl the last few steps"....and kept drinking my water, I went through a 24 oz bottle!

So, I had my MD appointment this morning. We went over ALL my lab work, which was all well within normal limits, even the comprehensive metabolic panel was normal right down the line. Then, he did an EKG...again...couldn't be more normal. He addressed my weight loss before I even brought it up (the scale in his office was 1 pound less, showed 283!..whoa, that's never happened before!). We discussed at length what I'm eating (showed him the app on my phone, and we went through the last couple weeks of the food diary), went over what I'm doing for exercise, and, the fact that this has to be a permanent change that I can live with for the long term, not a temporary thing that can be discontinued when I'm "done", you're NEVER "done". He looked me straight in the eye and said "keep doing what you're doing and call me if you need to." So, I don't go back until July, and he'll do another round of blood work for cholesterol, A1C, etc.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries.

Lunch: 1 hard boiled egg, 2 tbsp. peanut butter on 1 slice double fiber whole wheat bread, 3 oz. apple slices without skin.

Dinner: Taco salad without the bowl or chips (1 cup cooked 87/13 hamburger, 1/2 avocado, 2 cups lettuce, diced tomato and onion, fresh cilantro, diced pepperoncini, chopped fresh jalapeno, lime juice and Frank's hot sauce.)

I've got a lot to do...the morning was a blur, and the afternoon is flying by, well, one thing at a time.

"...Foxy from the Roxy might turn some heads tonight..."
Roxy Roller, Sweeney Todd
Old 03-04-2014, 08:52 AM   #99
Big Yapper!!!!

Great news from the doctor visit! I'm glad he's giving you support for what you're doing. It's obviously working! Makes you want to keep going, doesn't it?
Old 03-04-2014, 01:21 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
.... It's obviously working! Makes you want to keep going, doesn't it?
Yes! I've lost weight so many times before (low fat, starving,...you name it...) but did the inevitable re-gain, and it's due to the fact that those methods were not sustainable for the long term. Taking the time to educate myself and plan for the long term is definitely making a big difference.

Today is a 7.2 mile bike day! It was an easy ride too, you know how sometimes exercising feels so easy and other days it takes everything you've got to get moving....but once you get it in gear you feel so good when you're done!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%, 1/2 cup blueberries (we've finally finished the blueberries...)

Lunch: 2 hard boiled eggs, 1 can sardines in soybean oil, mustard...I still cannot get over how I crave sardines....like I'm pregnant!

Dinner: Leftover taco salad from last night.

I think I'm going to try to make those oopsie rolls sometime soon, they look pretty good, and there are a lot of options with them, sweet/savory/base for a pizza...cool.

Time to go spray my roses (again), it rained like crazy, and now the weather has been so mild everything is creeping and crawling...Japanese beetles! ooh, they are so neat to look at, but they EAT roses like little eating machines...not to mention the aphids, thrips, white flies, leaf miners...I made up some soap water with a little oil, it works very well, and it's dirt cheap to make.

...say your prayers bugs...
Old 03-05-2014, 11:32 AM   #101
Senior LCF Member

Crazy busy!

Breakfast : 1/2 cup raisin bran, half cup 2%, 1 orange.

Lunch : 2 fried eggs, 1 sausage, 1/2 cup McCormick original country gravy

Dinner : 2 cups home made chicken vegetable soup, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt sprinkled with sugar free jello.

Gotta go....oh, there's an "enhanced" episode of 600 lb Life on tonight with the first girl they featured this season ....she seems really nice, I hope she's doing well. I'm going to DVR it, I'm very interested to see how she's doing.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:02 AM   #102
Senior LCF Member

I am exhausted today. Time to take a break....can't please everybody every day.

Breakfast : 2 fried eggs, 1/2 cup McCormick country gravy.

Lunch: chicken salad lettuce wrap, 1 orange.

Dinner : 2 cups homemade chicken vegetable soup, green salad.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:57 AM   #103
Senior LCF Member

A 7.8 mile bike day (yay!!!), it was NOT an easy ride today, I did not feel like exercising at all...it took everything I had to get going, but I'm glad I did. Yesterday was very challenging, and it would have been so easy to curl up with a huge bag of cheesy poofs, soda, and a few dozen peanut butter cups, but, I did not....those things would only have made me feel worse. Today I feel very empowered and in control.

Breakfast: 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%, 1 orange.

Lunch: Chicken salad/lettuce wrap, 1 hard boiled egg.

Dinner: 6.5 oz (grilled weight) ribeye, 1 cup zucchini with butter, green salad with lettuce, tomato, scallion, pepperoncini and 1/2 an avocado. Olive oil and vinegar dressing.

This morning I looked in the mirror and saw my mother staring back at me...I also saw my dark roots (now including gray at the temples and on top! Geez..), so I decided to break out my last box of Clairol Born Blonde and take care of things. Talk about brand loyal...I've been using Clairol since I was 16!!! Time to buy another 6 boxes!

Stanley Kowalski: You know what luck is? Luck is believing you're lucky, that's all... To hold a front position in this rat-race, you've got to believe you are lucky.

Blanche DuBois: Is there something wrong with me?

A Streetcar Named Desire, Tennessee Williams
Old 03-07-2014, 04:07 PM   #104
Senior LCF Member

Oh, Roxy, I've also been seeing my mother looking back at me from the mirror lately and it is extremely unnerving.
Old 03-08-2014, 04:46 PM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
...and it is extremely unnerving.
That's for sure!

Today is a 1.1 mile treadmill day! Yay!...and, I shaved 6 minutes off my time, so, it's getting easier, it's still hard, but not as hard as a couple weeks ago.

It's been a very hectic and hurry up day....I'm so glad to be home.

Breakfast: 3 oz apple slices, 2 tbsp. peanut butter, 1 hard boiled egg.

Lunch: One serving Hormel pepperoni, 1 cheese stick.

Snack: 2 oz almonds, dry roasted.

Dinner: Is supposed to be a 6 oz (after cooking) burger with cheese wrapped in lettuce with pickles and mustard...but...I am so tired right now I have to go rest...I've been up since 4:45 a.m. I made a plate for DH, but I'm shot. If I get hungry, I'll eat, right now I just want a cup of tea and a shower.
Old 03-09-2014, 12:30 PM   #106
Senior LCF Member

Good day! As it turned out, I never ate dinner last night...I was out cold by 8 p.m. and slept through till 6 this morning.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 2 oz cream cheese, Splenda, vanilla and cinammon; 4 slices bacon.

Lunch: 3 oz. apple slices, 2 tbsp. peanut butter.

Dinner: 8 tequila-lime chicken wings (wing sections actually) with celery and ranch dressing.

I am going to try to make the oopsie rolls some time this week. The ingredients are almost identical to the egg/cream cheese blintzy thing I make, except that the whites are beat separately and they're baked instead of cooked in the frying pan. I bet they taste great.

Great weather today, DH picked up the potting soil I needed (along with assorted manly stuff from HD) to backfill most of my potted plants outside...I love my huge jade plants. We got a lot done in just a couple hours. I even bleached and scrubbed out the cat litter pan so I can cross that off my Monday "to do" list.

I saw a commercial this morning for a popular air freshener in which a lady hides a cat litter box under a coffee table for 7 days and her guests can't tell it's there because the air freshener works so well....then....another commercial for the same freshener ran, but this time it's people showing up at a woman's home (randomly?) and asks her to take them to the "smelliest room in the house" and she promptly leads them to the cat box and states she "hasn't cleaned it in two weeks". Ok, that is ridiculous...cats hate dirty litter pans, they have to be scooped daily and washed with soap and water at least once a week. Litter pans are basically toilets without water...would she leave her toilet unflushed for two weeks? I bet her cat found another place to do its business....hopefully her shoes.

Here's to a successful and productive week ahead!

Casy: "I wouldn't pray just for a old man that's dead, 'cause he's all right. If I was to pray, I'd pray for folks that's alive and don't know which way to turn."
The Grapes of Wrath, 1940, based on the novel by John Steinbeck
Old 03-10-2014, 02:44 PM   #107
Senior LCF Member

I'm so exhausted...it's hormonal, I've been tracking my ups and downs...I'm heading toward one of those "phantom" TOM's...crazy....it will pass.

I want a bag of jelly beans...I am craving jelly beans, I love jelly beans, but I will not eat jelly beans, I did find some jelly bean wallpaper and put it on my Android....

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs.

Lunch: 4 oz turkey breast wrapped in 1.5 oz provolone cheese, 1 orange.

Dinner: 7.5 oz cooked chicken breast (mayo and parmesan coated), 1/2 cup corn, 1/2 cup boiled potato, 1/2 cup McCormick original country gravy.

Indulgence: 2 squares Ghirardelli Intense Dark 72% cacao chocolate (I am going to savor those things...I'll make them last an hour!).

I can feel the hormonal cravings approaching with a vengeance, I want to manage it, control it, not give in to it, and make the best possible choices.

I have to do some grocery shopping this week...ugh....if I could afford it I would pay someone to shop for me, I cannot stand shopping...never could. (C'mon Super Lotto.....)

I see where I can get my hair bleach in a 3 pack online...at a decent price...and seeing as how I go through 10 or more a year, I think I'll order a few.

Over the weekend we ordered "Family Game Night" on our PlayStation, it is so cool! We got the package that has Sorry, Battle Ship, Connect Four, Uno, Boggle, Scrabble and Yahtzee; and we also got a "Scene It" rock and roll trivia version...DH and I had a riot! I'm not a gamer, DH is very proficient at something called Gran Turismo, and I enjoy watching him when he plays - it's so realistic - but I don't have the patience to play, I've tried, I just end up slamming my car into the wall...but the board games are a riot and I love the rock n roll trivia.

Well, time to make my shopping list....peace to all.

Hattie: "Well, don't act like you know it all. You won't even get a tip that way."
Pretty Baby, 1978
Old 03-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #108
Big Yapper!!!!

Oh, those hormonal cravings! Hate 'em! HATE 'EM!
Old 03-11-2014, 02:49 AM   #109
Senior LCF Member

Good morning! Since my friend insomnia stopped by I figured I'd check in.

Today's menu.....

Lunch: BLT lettuce wrap. (5 slices bacon, 3 slices tomato, 1 tbsp mayo)

Dinner: Chicken souvlaki salad (no pita bread).

Today's exercise is cutting the front and back lawn....and sprinkling mothball crystals around my flowers to keep the marauding Tom cats from using the front as a litterbox.

Bag lady at carnival: "God is watching!"
"The Funhouse" 1981
Old 03-12-2014, 08:21 AM   #110
Senior LCF Member

I am in an evil, foul, irritable mood. I have nothing positive or uplifting to post so I'll go now. I hope to feel better after Father Karas and Father Merrin visit.

Breakfast : usual Fiber One with 2%.

Lunch : eggs.

Dinner : Italian sausage.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:41 AM   #111
Big Yapper!!!!

Aw Rox!

Sorry you're feeling so bad I'm sure you'll feel better after your.......um.........procedures...with the good Fathers.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:46 PM   #112
Senior LCF Member

I had my meltdown, and now I feel better. It's definitely menopause/hormone related (although I am a somewhat impatient/easily annoyed person anyway)...I wish I could describe it. No patience, everything (and I mean everything) makes me irritated. I want to go home...that's silly, I know, it's not so much that I want to "go home" as it is I want that feeling back...y'know, like when you were a kid and it was lunch time and Mom put the pb&j and the carrot sticks on the plate in front of you, or when you got all excited knowing the family was going to the amusement park (the one we could afford to go to had all of 8 rides...but it still rocked!) or the zoo for the day; or being on the couch in jammies at Christmas time with the tree blinking and Rudolph and The Grinch coming on the tv. I don't know, maybe it boils down to not wanting to grow old, wanting to hold on to the fun, who knows.... In any case, I'm glad I have the memories. I called my sister yesterday and we cracked up! She never fails to remind me of the time I put a brown paper grocery bag on my head and rode my tricycle in the back until I smacked into one of the metal poles of the swingset. I remember it like it was yesterday....and when my mother came out to get me as I was laying there on the ground in a mangled heap of legs and tricycle with a paper bag on my head wailing and asked me "what in the world are you doing" I answered her with "I wanted to see what it was like to be blind."

I finished the shopping I needed to do. It would be easier if I wasn't so picky about things, I buy produce from one place; eggs from the chicken farmer ($5 for 5 dozen - can't beat that); and I needed some ground beef (I am switching from Costco's ground beef, I like all the other meat they sell, but 87/13 ground beef is just too dry for us). Anyway, one local grocery store sells 80/20 ground beef in a "family pack" that comes in at just under 6 lbs. I'd prefer they sell it in 10 lb. packs (once it's divided into 1 1/2 lb. chunks and vacuumed sealed/frozen it keeps for months...) and I picked up two of those. So, between washing and prepping the produce and then breaking down/freezing the burger, I had a pretty busy morning.

And THEN....I rode 8.0 miles on my exercise bike!!! yay!!! Yes, exercise makes me feel better.

Breakfast: 1 serving Cream of Wheat (2 1/2 minute cook type); 1/2 cup 2%.

Lunch: 3 fried eggs, 1/2 cup McCormick original country gravy.

Dinner: 6 oz cooked weight meatballs with parmesan and 1 oz. provolone, 1/2 cup peas.

I am determined to make those oopsie rolls too, I will make the time over the weekend...I don't want to be rushed or I'll mess up the egg whites.

Dennis Lemieux (talking about high sticking/slashing/spearing/tripping in hockey): "You do that, you go to the box, you know. Two minutes, by yourself, you know and you feel shame, you know. And then you get free."
Slapshot, 1978
Old 03-14-2014, 11:58 AM   #113
Senior LCF Member

A 7.2 mile bike day!

Breakfast: 1 serving Cream of Wheat; 1/2 cup 2%.

Lunch: egg salad/lettuce wrap (2 hb eggs, 1 tbsp mayo), 1/2 small apple no skin, 1/2 small pear.

Dinner: 6 oz. grilled weight sirloin; 1 cup zucchini squash; salad with lettuce, tomato, 1 oz. crumbled feta, olive oil/vinegar.

I think next week I'm going to make a ham I've had in the freezer for a while. I was going to keep it for Easter, but I'm sure they'll go on sale again before then. I get a lot of mileage out of a bone-in ham, more than a couple dinners, ham and eggs, ham sandwiches, and of course, soup!

One of my girlfriends has ordered NutriSystem from one of those home shopping channels (apparently it was offered at a promo price), I'm interested to see what the food looks like up close, it looks very appetizing on their website. I hope it works for her.

Stanley Kowalski: "Now will you just open your eyes to this stuff here. Now I mean, what - has she got this stuff out of teacher's pay?... Will you look at these fine feathers and furs that she comes to bring herself in here. What is this article? That's a solid gold dress, I believe... Now what is that? There's a treasure chest of a pirate... That's pearls, Stella, ropes of 'em. What is your sister - a deep sea diver? Bracelets, solid gold. (To Stella) Where are your pearls and gold bracelets?... And here you are. Diamonds. A crown for an empress... Here's your plantation Stella, right here... Well, the Kowalskis and the DuBois - there's just a different notion on this."
A Streetcar Named Desire, Tennessee Williams...one of my all time favorite books and movies.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:24 PM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Busy...busy....busy. I let myself get overwhelmed and didn't eat breakfast or lunch...dumb move, I know. So......many handfuls of peanuts later AND a frosted brownie....I learned my lesson. I have chicken thighs in the oven but I feel a little peanut/brownie sick.....we'll see how I feel later.

That's what I get for putting myself last and trying to meet everyone's needs but my own. I'm angry and tired.
Old 03-15-2014, 05:44 PM   #115
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: cprcheetah
Stats: 224.6/204.6/130
WOE: Lean For Life/Low Cal
Start Date: LFL 3/4/2014
I get that way too, I get so busy I forget to eat, or don't eat until late. I try to keep on the same schedule on the weekends so I don't forget to eat. But it's hard sometimes when I'm busy.
cprcheetah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 02:47 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Eating well = feeling well.

A 7.6 mile bike day! I'm going to get on the treadmill this week, I've been avoiding it, cuz (in my best Eric Cartman voice) maaaaaaam....it's haaaaaarrrrrrrd....

Breakfast/Lunch (I guess it's called brunch): 3 eggs, 1 slice cheddar, 4 bacon, 1/2 home made buttermilk biscuit.

Dinner: Cottage cheese and 1/2 cup peaches, 1 leftover chicken thigh from yesterday if needed.

I forgave myself for the frosted brownie/peanut fiasco yesterday. It's not even about the stupid brownie, it's about the fact that I put everything ahead of myself rather than anticipating and addressing my own needs. When I finally realized how awful I felt and how hungry I was, a small handful of peanuts would have done the trick until I could get a bunless burger, but I was beyond rational thinking at that point, overwhelmed with trying to make everything perfect for everyone, and, alas, I sabotaged myself and dove into the bowl of peanuts (it was a big bowl) and then headed for the brownie tray like a jonesing crack head. I didn't even take time to taste the brownie, I inhaled the poor thing so quickly it was a good thing I had a bottle of water nearby because I don't remember chewing! Live and learn.

I have an easier week ahead. We're taking a long weekend and heading out for the bay...I love Under the Bay in the San Francisco Aquarium. (I also LOVE Johnny Rockets burgers...I'll have the #12 no bun please...)

I'm thawing the ham that's been in the freezer for a while and I'll make it tomorrow. It will go a long way....ham and cabbage tomorrow; ham, cream cheese and broccoli bake; ham and cheddar lettuce wrap; easy and delicious.

I've been thinking of buying some coconut flour, I see a lot of recipes using it. I also found a brownie recipe using powdered erythritol as well as flax seed meal and Splenda. I'm going to do some reading up on erythritol before I buy it. I'm apprehensive about eating too much artificial sweetener (I do use Splenda), but, I see where erythritol is the least likely to cause the gastrointestinal upset commonly associated with sugar alcohols.

Regardless of whether it's a full on white flour, white sugar brownie or a low carb version - being able to eat ONE as opposed to the whole pan is my personal battle....brownies, brownies, everywhere...but not a one to eat. I can see myself wearing the empty brownie pan around my neck like an albatross for all the world to see....or a huge red "B" on my chest to publicly shame me for my lack of willpower.

My girlfriend's NutriSystem order is supposed to arrive tomorrow, she's very excited to get it, and I'm excited for her. I really want to see the food up close and personal. She told me she'll have to supplement the meals with regular grocery items according to their "grocery guide". Hmmmm, I think I'll check that out online.

Otis: "Boy, I bet you'd stick your head in fire if I told ya you could see Hell..."
House of a 1000 Corpses 2003
Old 03-17-2014, 12:08 PM   #117
Senior LCF Member

I made it 1.1 miles on the treadmill in 35 minutes, that's down from 46 minutes a couple weeks back, that's progress, and progress is a good thing.

Lunch: 1 cup Progresso Lentil Soup; salad consisting of 1 cup lettuce, 2 hard boiled eggs, tomato and olive oil//vinegar.

Dinner: 5 oz baked ham, 1 cup cooked green cabbage, 1 home made buttermilk biscuit with 2 tsp butter.

Got a lot done today so far, the ham is in the oven - it smells so good.

Oh! My girlfriend's NutriSystem order arrived and she called me to come over and take a look at all the goodies she received...so, I hoofed it across the street to get a first hand look at what 28 days worth of meals looks like. Let me just say, it's not what I expected to see. I will be as supportive/encouraging as possible when it comes to my girlfriend's efforts to lose weight using this program and applaud her efforts (as well as the fact that she spent over $300 on that order!). However, it's definitely not my cup of tea, nope, not at all.

I caught an episode of "Naked and Afraid" last night...whoa, I couldn't do it; yes, I'm sure there is an element of drama and pathos as with any "reality" show (walking bare foot through swamp water full of cotton mouth snakes?...c'mon, the film crew has to be armed in some fashion in case a predator of some sort attacks...alligator, snake, chupacabra...) but, I liked the re-run episode enough that I DVR'd the new episode that came on later.

Hope to catch Dancing With The Stars tonight too...looks like it could be very good. (I loved Kelly Pickler back when she was on).

Well, the buzzer on my dryer just went off....time to fluff and fold...fluff and fold.

Nurse: "The operation was a success. You're out of danger."
Rachel Cameron: "How can I be out of danger if I'm not dead?"
Rachel, Rachel 1968
Old 03-18-2014, 11:58 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

A 1.1 mile treadmill day! Took me 34 minutes and 8 seconds. It's getting easier. I'm averaging a higher speed (it goes from 1.2 mph to 2.2 mph throughout the time and I average 1.7 mph, which is up from the 1.2 mph average when I started). I took the time to read all the options our treadmill has...virtual work outs that include Lombard St. in San Francisco (talk about hills). I didn't know the top speed is 12 mph!! and maximum incline is 15%...I don't ever see myself moving that quickly, not even if I was being chased by an ax murderer.

Breakfast: 1 serving Cream of Wheat, 1/2 cup 2%, 1 orange.

Lunch: 1 cup Progresso Lentil Soup; salad (lettuce, 2 hb eggs, 3 oz deli turkey breast), mustard/vinegar/hot sauce dressing.

Dinner: 5 oz. baked ham, 1 cup cabbage, 1/2 small home made buttermilk biscuit with 1 tsp. butter, 2 oz piece home made banana bread (used Splenda in place of sugar).

Total: (according to my own math as well as food tracker app) 1458 calories, 76 carbs. We'll see if I get crazy hungry after a day of higher end carbs.

Hope to be able to watch some of my DVR'd programs. I did catch Dancing
With The Stars last night - I loved Billy Dee Williams, he can move pretty darn good for a 76 year old with 2 hip replacements. And that little ice skater girl..what does she weigh???...maybe 70 pounds...she floated across the floor like mist.

I also caught up on The Walking Dead...ooh...good episode! I'm going to check out TWD thread in The Playground.

At some point I hope to catch up on General Hospital....some day.

[Taylor ties up Dr. Zaius]
Dr. Zira: Taylor! Don't treat him that way!
George Taylor: Why not?
Dr. Zira: It's humiliating!
George Taylor: The way you humiliated me? All of you? YOU led me around on a LEASH!
Cornelius: That was different. We thought you were inferior.
George Taylor: Now you know better.
The Planet Of The Apes 1968
Old 03-19-2014, 10:26 AM   #119
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Roxie. Just stopping by to say hello and catch up with your adventures. Your treadmill regimen is certainly going well. In some ways the miles on the treadmill sound almost as intimidating to me as the swamps and cottonmouths faced by the naked participants on the television show you mentioned. Well, almost but not quite. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-19-2014, 10:56 AM   #120
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hi, Roxie. Just stopping by to say hello and catch up with your adventures.
Hi!!! Yes, the treadmill is definitely a challenge, but, it's necessary. I don't want to dread getting on it, so I blast my music and think of how great I feel after...and it makes it easier to get moving.

Today is a 7.2 mile bike day! Yay!!!

I'm looking forward to getting away for a couple days with DH. The weather forecast for SF Bay is great the next couple days, cool but sunny, I love it, I won't sweat like a horse.

I woke up at 4 a.m. and stayed up. I was hungry, not crazy hungry, but I was glad when DH got up and it was time for breakfast.

Breakfast: 2 scrambled eggs, 1 sausage.

Lunch: 3 oz. corned beef, 1/2 cup cabbage, 1 slice provolone, mustard, pickle.

Dinner: taco salad consisting of 5 oz cooked 80/20 ground beef, 1 oz shredded cheddar, tomato, onion, cilantro, salsa/hot sauce, and lettuce.

Well, got to get a few more things done before we take off (if I don't I'll be obsessing about them the whole time....)

Rita: What am I, a bowl of fruit? A tangerine that peels in a minute?
Sweet Smell Of Success 1957