Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RoxyRoller
Stats: 315/259/200 next weigh 8/1/14
WOE: Calorie controlled, average 75 carbs per day
Start Date: December 30, 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Hormones make life...um...interesting.
You got that right! I'm trying to keep a positive frame of mind on the menopause situation...the whole "50 is the new 30" thing...yeah, right.. I do envy those who are able to breeze through it - my girlfriend is one of those - her TOM just stopped one month never to return...that was it...no hot flashes, no cold chills, no raging one minute and crying/laughing the next...no feeling like death is imminent several times a day...no gloom and doom feeling...no crashing exhaustion...

Today is a 5.2 mile day....yay! I think exercise does help with anxiety (at least while I'm doing it!) It is getting easier. I didn't plan to get on the bike today, but I was irritable, so I figured...what the hell, right? My goal is 20 to 30 minutes 3 times a week for right now, if I make it too gulag I won't stick to it. I've got to have wiggle room (within reason) when it comes to exercise and food intake.

Breakfast today was a hard boiled egg, 1/2 cup raisin bran, and 1/2 cup 2% milk along with my standard multivitamin and calcium/magnesium supplement. Lunch was chicken (it's FINALLY gone!) strips with carrot/celery sticks, 1 tbsp. ranch and hot sauce. Dinner is 6 oz steak and salad with 1/2 baked potato and green beans. According to my app that totals 1522 calories, 38 grams sugar, and 69 net carbs - the raisin bran puts me over my carbs for today, however, the average for the week is well within my goal - wiggle room.

I found my beef shanks (cheap too!) and have started making home made beef/vegetable soup, the vegetables consist of carrot, onion, celery and I'll throw in some cut up zucchini near the end (or it disintegrates if boiled too long). I looked at the short ribs too - way too expensive - I remember when short ribs were cheap! Then again, I remember when raw chicken wings and flank steak were dirt cheap too....back in the day...(Roxie leans back in her wicker rocker and chews the end of her corn cob pipe.....)

Today I found myself looking at what others had in their shopping carts, (I don't particularly care to shop, so I try to make it interesting for myself). I noticed a great deal of what I consider nutritionally void foods in many carts (cheesy poofs, chips, frozen pizza bites, drinks containing less than 5% real juice, chicken nugget thingys, etc.) and little or no fresh items. It has got be difficult feeding a family on a tight budget, things have changed, fresh fruit/vegetables/meats are more expensive in some cases than their processed counterparts. No judgement...because my cart looked exactly the same way for a LONG time. I did see several carts with fresh items too.

It takes time/energy to eat healthy (IMO), purchasing fresh vegetables/fruit, prepping it, etc., as well as meat - it's much easier to purchase and heat up frozen fully cooked chicken tenders than buy a raw chicken and cook it from scratch - but, the raw chicken is definitely less expensive and healthier. I see commercials encouraging 60 minutes of play a day, and eat healthy, all geared at kids - but without the parents taking an active role - along with the volumes of sugar coated commercials aimed at children - it's an uphill battle to instill good eating habits at a young age...maybe I'm over analyzing, because my mom did not work outside the home - she cooked (a LOT), and my eating couldn't have been more disordered throughout my childhood...so, go figure.

Oh well, enough of trying to find the root cause of the obesity epidemic in America for today........tomorrow is a new day.
Vada Sultenfuss..."Once I sat on a toilet seat at a truck stop and caught hemorrhoids, and I've learned to live with this chicken bone that's been lodged in my throat for the past three years." My Girl 1991

"'Cause we're a loving couple...spanning time."
Billy Brown and Layla, Buffalo 66 (1998)
RoxyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2014, 05:44 PM   #62
Senior LCF Member

The beef vegetable soup turned out AWFUL! The beef was so chewy and dry it was screaming for a drink ...ugh...I don't like wasting food ...but...I considered it necessary to get rid of it. Ended up making burgers. I'm pissed. I'm craving chocolate like a junkie ...there's none in the house. Think I'll watch some Olympics and go to bed early. Things always look better in the morning ....
Old 02-09-2014, 07:26 AM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Roxy, you are doing really well -- your eating is perfect. It is drag when a recipe doesn't turn out the way you want it to but at least you were able to have burgers for dinner.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Roxy, you are doing really well...
Thanks so much! You kicked serious low carb butt yourself!!

A 5.3 mile day...I like that I'm consistently making it at least 5 miles each time, today I really had to push myself to hoist it up on that seat...but once I got going it was ok, I watched Olympic figure skating while I rode - geez..they make flying around that ice look so effortless, I, on the other hand, would resemble a yoked oxen if I were to attempt ice skating.

My friend insomnia visited me last night, got a total of 4 1/2 hours sleep, which is better than nothing. I did discuss the insomnia (as well as the plethora of other menopausal symptoms that regularly challenge me) with my MD. We discussed HRT, which I declined...in addition to the cardiac risk, it makes no sense to me to replace something your body is naturally discontinuing. What in the world did they do back in the 1800's or even early 1900's - y'know what they did? They drank cauldrons of Coca Cola which at that time contained 9 mg cocaine per glass (it was advertised as a nerve stimulant), or laced their tea with sour mash no doubt...maybe they just chugged morphine...who knows all what they did to cure "the melancholia" as it was sometimes called. Anyway, after much thought, consideration and discussion, my doc gave me a prescription for 30 Valium 5 mg for anxiety, take one as needed for panic/anxiety, no refills, which I am too paranoid/anxious to take because I think I'll end up a dope fiend slumped in a corner drooling on myself like Diana Ross in Lady Sings The Blues....menopause sucks the big one.

Since I was on sky watch last night I did some analyzing on my food tracker app and discovered not all entries are correct as far as nutrition information, for example, there are probably 8 different entries for "navel orange" and 3 of them do not include the sugar grams or fiber grams, the calories are correct, but, that doesn't help me keep track of carbs/sugar grams. I see I'll have to exercise due diligence when adding a food to my daily intake. Today I will research food tracker apps and possibly go with a different one.

I'm not very hungry today, I had a hard boiled egg for breakfast, lunch is a mystery at this point, and there's leftover burger for dinner...guess I'll wait to see if I get hungry and go from there. At least the chocolate craving subsided. I definitely connect certain food cravings with what I believe are hormonal fluctuations - c'mon ovaries...just dry up like little California raisins and torment me no longer.....

I have a very busy few days coming up, then a break toward the end of the week, today I am going to try to take it easy and get a nap in at some point (God willing and the hormones don't rise).

I love this ad for Coca-Cola...it cures hysteria!

350px-Pembertoncokeanzeige.jpg

Last edited by RoxyRoller; 02-09-2014 at 10:35 AM.. Reason: added a sentence
Old 02-10-2014, 02:14 PM   #65
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
Intellectual beverage, huh? I should be a genius by now!
LoCarbGal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 03:50 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Intellectual beverage, huh? I should be a genius by now!
I know! Right! Gotta love those old ads!

Today whizzed by so fast I feel like I missed something! Breakfast was eggs. Lunch was ham, cheese, mayo, lettuce wrap. I am craving peanutbutter so dinner is 3 tbsp peanutbutter on one slice whole wheat bread and Greek yogurt with sf orange jello sprinkled on top....I did make meatballs with mushrooms ....DH will enjoy them!

Time to tackle the litter pans...I cringe at that Febreze commercial where the woman says "I haven't cleaned the litter pan in 2 weeks....." I'm in there digging for gold at least three times a day!
Old 02-11-2014, 04:32 AM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Roxy, I hear you about peri-menopause and insomnia -- I get it myself especially around TOM. My friend did HRT but I was too afraid to try it too. Like you, I am just muddling through it and hoping for the best. It could be worse though. I have other friends who get terrible hot flashes, mood swings and sweats during the day.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 01:58 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
... I am just muddling through it and hoping for the best...
Exactly! I do get hot flashes, right around 5 p.m. (yep, same time, almost daily), or when I'm rushing around a lot...although maybe it's an anxiety attack!...who knows! I try to remind myself everyday that if insomnia a hot flash here and there and anxiety are the worst of my problems...I got nothing to complain about! I am truly blessed.

This morning I almost ran out without breakfast...you know how it goes...running behind...watching the clock...don't want to be late...but...I had the common sense to grab a hard boiled egg and a Babybel so I wouldn't end up cruising the drive through's around 10:30 a.m. like an addict looking to score some rock.

Lunch was ham and cheese on an Orowheat sandwich thin with mustard, 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt (with my ever present sugar free jello sprinkled on top - I love the lemon and orange sugar free jello on yogurt) and a hard boiled egg (I have become a hard boiled egg freak - they're so convenient!).

Dinner is leftover meatballs, salad, and green beans.

I notice when I eat more carbs, e.g. the sandwich thin or a piece of whole wheat bread or cereal and/or fruit, I tend to eat lower fat for that day, I wasn't doing it intentionally, but that's the way my intake is trending. For example, today I had the ham and cheese sandwich - but I made a conscious decision to use mustard, not mayo; whereas when I make lettuce wraps with ham and cheese I go for the mayo, and on the days where my total carbs are really low (like 15 or 20) my fat grams are much higher than on days where my carbs are at or close to 50, the calories on very low carb days tend to actually be less (usually about 200 to 300 calories less) than on higher carb days too....fat is my friend.

Back when I was gulag dieting and restricting myself to 900 calories, I ate virtually no fat at all, everything had to be fat free - no wonder I was STARVING all the time....geez....the folly of youth.

DH asked me what I wanted for Valentine's Day - I told him chicken wings!

I walked today - it was harder than the bike - I went only 3/4 of a mile and I was only going about 2 mph, but, I want to make it part of my exercise, one step at a time, it will eventually get easier. I do know I must invest in a better pair of walking shoes, my knees told me so, I thought I had a great pair, but, no support, I gotta find some thick shock absorber type of athletic shoe, or maybe get some cushy inserts.

Good day all!
Old 02-12-2014, 03:57 PM   #69
Senior LCF Member

I definitely have to get better walking shoes....my knees are really angry.

Very busy....breakfast was eggs and sausage, lunch was Greek yogurt and cheese stick, dinner is pork chops (please don't let me overcook them!)

I'm going to surf around looking for some industrial padded athletic shoes....
Old 02-13-2014, 01:36 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

A 6.2 mile day!..(on my bike, of course)...Woo hooooo!...but,.... I haven't found a pair of walking shoes that I think will work for me. I'm thinking of buying some inserts and trying them out on the treadmill to see if it makes a difference, if not, then I'll invest in some high end walking shoes. Feel free to share your experience with walking shoes, I'm interested in knowing what works.

Breakfast was eggs. Lunch was vegetable soup/hard boiled egg. Dinner is baked chicken thighs, cabbage, and small salad.

I missed the new episode of "My 600 lb Life" last night...I was whipped, I didn't DVR it (I'm sure it will show up On Demand or be rerun at some point). I did catch part of a "Hoarders" episode....oh man, that is sad.

Frito Lay is the devil.....

doritosloaded.jpg

What the hell? There's an obesity epidemic in America? whaaaaat? noooooo, not when there are wonderful healthy snacks like this being test marketed...

(In my best Charlton Heston voice from Planet Of The Apes...) "Damn you! Damn you to hell Frito Lay!!!!"

Last edited by RoxyRoller; 02-13-2014 at 01:37 PM.. Reason: left out words
Old 02-14-2014, 02:24 PM   #71
Senior LCF Member

A 6.3 mile day! I've come to the conclusion (since my knees don't scream when I use the stationary bike), that the impact of walking is what my knees hate...duh!....so, I'm going to attack this problem by taking things VERY slowly on the treadmill, along with getting really good walking shoes AND inserts. I found a pair of New Balance that are quite heavy and very cushioned, I will purchase cushioned inserts, and we'll see how it goes.

Breakfast today was 1/2 cup raisin bran and 1/2 cup 2% milk. Lunch was 2 slices ham, 2 slices cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt. Dinner will be chicken (I could eat chicken every day - DH not so much, I'm grilling him a NY strip steak) and salad with tomato, onion, olives and my own version of Ranch dressing (I take 1 tbsp. Ranch dressing and mix it with 2 tbsp sour cream, some garlic powder, oregano, pepper, and a dash of hot sauce - love it!).

Happy Valentine's Day!!

As much as I'd LOVE a huge box of See's Candy.....(I love their dark chocolate Scotchmallows...oh man....) I know I'm better off without it. We're going out for wings and a couple drinks (vodka and diet cranberry) tomorrow at my favorite place (the ONLY place I've found that has the Ocean Spray Diet Cranberry!)
Old 02-15-2014, 04:08 PM   #72
Senior LCF Member

A 6.2 mile day! Very busy....DH and I got a lot done, he worked so hard rearranging the garage, it looks so nice! I gave the lawn the once over and sprayed my roses and trimmed dead stems wherever I saw them. It's been so nice out the bugs are hatching early...ooh...they eat my flowers.

Breakfast was 3 eggs and 1 sausage. Lunch was nothing - I wasn't hungry. Dinner - we're going out for wings.

I'm stressing over weighing in on March 1. I don't know why - I can tell by my clothes I've lost, although inches can be lost without a lot of pounds; I experienced that the last time, I was stuck around 180 but my clothes continued to get bigger. So....I won't think about it anymore today, I'll think about it tomorrow, I want to have fun tonight!
Old 02-16-2014, 02:11 PM   #73
Senior LCF Member

A 6.5 mile day!...I got so caught up watching Olympic hockey I paid no attention to the distance or time I was on the bike! Cool! (I had to think when they referred to the "netminders"....oh....goalie!)

Breakfast: 1/2 cup raisin bran, 1/2 cup 2% milk, 1 orange.
Lunch: 1 can sardines in soybean oil (I love sardines, my cat looks at me as if to say...what the hell are you eating? A cat that doesn't like fish...go figure).
Dinner: I'm making the egg/cream cheese/Splenda thing that comes out kind of like a blintz, with sugar free strawberry freezer jam for me and sour cream for DH, and bacon.

The wings we had last night were SO good....so much better than pulling out the fryer and stinking up the kitchen making them at home. It was fun getting out and having a few laughs. I wish I had the courage to sing karaoke...(Roxie thinks back to the days of standing in front of her bedroom mirror with her hairbrush as a microphone belting out "Cherry Bomb" by the Runaways...) there was an extremely heavy girl who got up and she sang so great - country, rock, ....and Patsy Cline! I love Patsy Cline!
Old 02-17-2014, 03:20 PM   #74
Senior LCF Member

Crazy Monday!

Breakfast : hardboiled eggs x2

Lunch : Greek yogurt, 2 slices ham, 1 slice cheese

Dinner : Taco salad without shell

Gotta go.......
Old 02-18-2014, 12:05 PM   #75
Senior LCF Member

A 6.5 mile day!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup raisin bran, 1/2 cup 2%, 1 hard boiled egg.

Lunch: Sardines (1 can packed in water) and 2 hard boiled eggs with mayo/mustard.

Dinner: Chicken breast (boneless/skinless) coated with mayo/parmesan and salad (lettuce, tomato, avocado) olive oil/vinegar dressing.

So busy...finally got a break. I was doing some research on the vitamins I take, turns out the calcium chews have 3 grams sugar...so....I found a sugar-free alternative at Costco that has sugar alcohols but not sugar. I found a sugar free multi vitamin gummy...but I'm not paying what they want for them. I'm sure Costco will get around to carrying them at some point, I'll keep an eye out online and see if I can get a good deal...maybe I'm being anal, there are only 3 grams sugar in my multivitamin...I can't get into "micromanage" mode or I'll go crazy.

I just about finished the book about Daisy and Violet Hilton (conjoined twins). I've seen the movie "Freaks" in which they appear, but I hadn't seen "Chained For Life" until last night...oh man...that movie is one of those "it's so bad, it's good". In any case, I found them to be very interesting. It had to be so difficult for them. I like circus/carnival people (the circus I can take or leave, but the people/workers are incredible). I hope the Sundance Channel runs the documentary "Carny" again soon, a glimpse into what it takes to work in a traveling midway. I located one my all time fave documentaries on DVD, "Streetwise" from 1984 (although it's bootleg I'm sure because it's never been officially released on DVD, only VHS back in the 80's - and those who have the VHS copy for sale want an arm and a leg), I'm debating on whether to buy it, I won't provide credit card info to someone I don't know (ESPECIALLY in an online transaction), but he does take checks and money orders, is in the USA, and has good reviews....who knows...I don't think I can go wrong with a money order.

Hoping everyone has a blessed day!
Old 02-18-2014, 05:01 PM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Your comments made me think about Diane Arbus and her stunning photographs, some of which picture circus people. She was a fascinating person and her work is so powerful.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:35 PM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
...Diane Arbus and her stunning photographs, some of which picture circus people...
Yes! Diane Arbus' photos of circus performers and workers are incredible!

Hey all! Hope everyone is smiling!

Breakfast .....eggs.

Lunch ....2 slices ham and Cheddar cheese on 1 slice double fiber whole wheat bread.

Dinner ....chicken breast and cooked zucchini with 1 tbsp butter.

Chamomile tea with Splenda.

Got some time to relax and read......
Old 02-19-2014, 09:43 PM   #78
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like a great day! And the relaxing and reading sounds heavenly. Hope you enjoyed it!
Old 02-20-2014, 11:34 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Hope you enjoyed it!
I did! I did! I even had time to watch a movie I DVR'd ages ago..."The Baby" (1973)....freaky!!!! I love old weird movies...and anything with Lon Chaney...his performance in "The Unknown" (silent 1927) is nothing short of fantastic. Lon Chaney Jr. is a fave too.

Today is a 6.6 mile day! Woot!

I spent some time prepping things this morning....cut up a bunch of lettuce (it was .48 a head and I bought 4 heads!), tomatoes, pepperoncini, jalapenos, olives, onion, radishes...makes creating salad at dinner so much quicker. Made an olive oil/vinegar/oregano/garlic/basil marinade for tomorrow's rib eye's and threw them in a bag and into the fridge. Boiled some eggs....of course! Cut up celery and carrots into sticks. I got these cool plastic knives way back when at Dollar General or 99 Cent Store...anyway, they keep lettuce from turning brown after it's cut...a dollar well spent.

Today - Breakfast, eggs; Lunch 1 cup chicken noodle soup, 2 slices ham, 1 slice cheddar cheese; Dinner - Italian sausage, 1/2 cup cooked spaghetti, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, salad with olive oil/vinegar dressing.

I put the "My 600 lb Life" episode from last week as well as this week's episode on while I was moving and shaking it in the kitchen this morning (love that On Demand). Anyway, the lady who constantly dyed her hair was interesting - having lost her husband due to obesity, I thought she would have been motivated beyond words. I liked her late husband's family, they didn't pull any punches with her. I missed the end (and don't feel like rewatching it) but I hope she gets in the swing and loses the 300 lbs she needs to. The young man was sad, (keep bringing him that food mom and then lament about how you "don't wanna lose another child to obesity" ) although I was surprised he could move as well as he did. I'm glad he found a girlfriend. He could move so much better after that massive apron of skin that hung to his knees was removed. Hope he reaches his goal too. It amazed me watching that doctor remove that excess skin...damn!...it weighed a lot! He sure does cut fast...Dr. Slashy McSlasherton...geez....of course I had to look the doctor up, he's a general as well as bariatric surgeon....I think I'd opt for a plastic surgeon if I needed that much of me sliced off. In any case, I hope they all succeed.

Hope the inserts for my new sneakers arrive today (yep... ordering online with free shipping and a promo code to save 15% is the way to go), I want to see if they make a difference on the treadmill.

I'm actually caught up and have a couple easy days, I love that feeling when everything is done...laundry, housework, yard work, errands, vehicle is washed and vacuumed...I can catch up on my General Hospital!
Old 02-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #80
Senior LCF Member

Got my cushioned inserts! I spent 25 minutes on the treadmill and went a total of 7/10 of a mile, slowest speed was 1.2 mph, fastest was 1.9 mph. My knees did not hurt at all while walking, we'll see what the morning brings, hopefully between the better athletic shoes and inserts I'll be okay. It's definitely more difficult to walk than ride the bike, I begin to sweat much sooner and reach my target heart rate quicker while on the treadmill, which isn't a bad thing, I'll keep plugging along and keep track of my progress. That treadmill was quite an investment...I will not let it sit unused.

Breakfast: 2 eggs, 1 slice bacon (what is up with bacon lately? It's more like jerky than crispy goodness....let me guess...they're breeding pigs to be leaner, how ridiculous is that? Pigs are supposed to be FAT!)

Lunch: 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries, 1 tbsp peanut butter and 2 celery stalks.

Dinner: Ribeye steak (6 oz cooked), salad with lettuce, avocado, garlic, peppers, onion, radishes, tomato, and blue cheese dressing.

Today was one of those days I thought would be pretty easy...but then I got to doing things I felt needed to be done and before I knew it I was trying to catch up...talk about self sabotage...geez. If I sit and relax too long I feel like I'm being lazy, so I'll look for something to tackle - like the dresser drawers and closets, then I'll start the sprinklers (it's been so dry the lawn did need to be watered), then I'll empty and scrub out the cat litter pan, then wipe down the inside of the refrigerator...and before I know it I'm beat! Crazy!

Tonight is creepy movie night - "Alice Sweet Alice" 1976 and (if we feel like a double feature) "I Spit On Your Grave" 1978, both of which I saw at the drive-in (do drive-ins still exist?) when I was in my teens, and are among my fave re-watchers. It's getting easier to sit and watch a movie without eating, (breaking that habit was very difficult for me) it's taken several weeks but I no longer have that need to stuff my face while watching (which was done on auto-pilot without realizing the volume of popcorn, jelly beans, chocolate...etc. that was being ingested until I'd reach in and find my hand hitting the bottom of the empty popcorn bowl ...man...not good). DH picks tomorrow's movie(s), I saw "Two Lane Blacktop" 1971 and "Basket Case" 1982 on top of the player. Sunday is the Daytona 500! Woo! Go Tony #14!!

"I thought you were vegetarians?"
"Yes, but, Ralph is allowed to eat anything that he catches...."
Spider Baby - 1968
Old 02-22-2014, 02:16 PM   #81
Senior LCF Member

A 6.5 mile day! Knees aren't bad either! Going to work the treadmill in couple times a week.

Breakfast : 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries

Lunch : 2 hardboiled eggs, 2 slices ham, 1 slice cheddar, 1 orange

Dinner : Taco salad without the bowl (ground beef, salsa, onions, cilantro, avocado)
Old 02-23-2014, 12:11 PM   #82
Senior LCF Member

I went 8 tenths of a mile on the treadmill...it was not easy, I put a lot of effort into maintaining good posture while I walked, I watched myself in the mirror, it's easy to start slouching. I'd like to get to a full 1.0 mile soon, I have to be able to out-walk the zombies in case of zombie apocalypse......and we all know how slow and gimpy zombies are....step-scraaaaape...step-scraaaaape...(yes, I like The Walking Dead series on AMC).

Breakfast: 2 eggs with 2 oz. cream cheese, vanilla and Splenda blended and fried in 2 tsp. butter like a pancake/blintz thingy and sugar free strawberry jam and cinnamon; 3 slices bacon.

Lunch: Not hungry.

Dinner: 8 chicken wings (coated with Franks hot sauce) and 2 tbsp. blue cheese dressing mixed with 2 tbsp. sour cream; celery sticks.

Well, Daytona 500 is stopped for now due to rain...hopefully the skies will clear and they'll finish....(go Tony!!)

Busy week ahead...so I did some menu planning last night, it makes things so much easier. I stick to pretty basic items (burger, chicken, Italian sausage, eggs) and keep one day ahead on "what's for dinner". I prepped salad items (lettuce, onion, tomato, radish, pepper) having those items cut up and ready to go is a great time saver.

"You're my favorite living mystery"....Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte 1964
Old 02-24-2014, 08:14 AM   #83
Big Yapper!!!!

You've been doing so good on exercise! I'm sure you'll be able to build up your mileage on the treadmill as you get stronger. That's the hardest part, pushing through the fatigue and discomfort. I always remind myself that my mind wants to quit before my body actually needs to. Hard, but true!
Old 02-24-2014, 12:54 PM   #84
Senior LCF Member

[QUOTE=LoCarbGal;16813120]You've been doing so good on exercise....,[QUOTE]

Thanks...I hate myself for backsliding and eating like a P I G for the past 6 years! Ugh!

Breakfast : 1/2 cup Fiber One, 1/2 cup 2%, 1/2 cup fresh blueberries.

Lunch : 2 hardboiled eggs, 1 slice Cheddar, 1/2 cup Greek yogurt w/sf jello.

Dinner : Taco salad, no bowl (I'm hooked on this....don't even miss the bowl/chips!)

Went 7/10 of mile....(Bataan death march! I was sweating like a horse at 2.5 mph!) man...the stationary bike is a piece of cake compared to the treadmill!
Old 02-25-2014, 01:39 PM   #85
Senior LCF Member

A 7.0 mile bike day!!

Breakfast: 1/2 cup cereal/2%/blueberries.

Lunch: 1 can water packed sardines, 1 avocado.

Dinner: Egg/cream cheese/Splenda thingy with sf strawberry freezer jam, 3 slices bacon.

Busy morning, got a lot done. Tonight is a new "My 600 lb Life" episode, I'll try to catch it. I've gone through all the available episodes On Demand (love that fast forward), and the very first one (of this season, anyway) seems to profile a woman who has a good head on her shoulders. Anyway, I'll see how long I can watch tonight's episode before I want to yell at the TV!

Saturday is weigh-in....ooh, I'm nervous! I've been feeling so good I do not want what I see in that little window on the scale to bring me down....I've lost weight (or at least inches), it's become apparent just by the way my clothes fit, this is insane...anxiety over stepping on a scale!

Hoping we can get out and about this weekend...time for a short road trip of sorts...you know, just get in the truck and drive with no specific destination. The last time we did that we ended up at this camp/RV type place and took an open train ride through some woods (I am NOT a camper, the train ride was nice, but, to me, a Holiday Inn Express is roughing it). So, we'll see where we end up this time (if we go,) I think it's supposed to rainy...I'll believe it when I see the rain falling.

"Even a man who is pure in heart and says his prayers by night, may become a wolf when the wolfbane blooms and the autumn moon is bright."
The Wolf Man, 1941
Old 02-26-2014, 11:41 AM   #86
Senior LCF Member

Good day all! I had some time so I decided to research a couple different food tracking apps, I punched in the same foods for 3 different apps (including the one I currently use), and the calories/carbs/nutrients were all about the same, although they all seem to have multiple entries for the same thing that may or may not list all the nutritional info...so, I'm sticking with the one I'm currently using. I also found the USDA database for nutrition which might come in handy.

I didn't make it through the 'My 600 lb. Life' episode....nope, couldn't do it.

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs.

Lunch: 1 slice whole wheat double fiber bread, 2 tbsp. peanut butter, 3 oz. carrot sticks (with Frank's hot sauce on the side), and 3 oz apple slices.

Dinner: Baked chicken thighs (total 6.5 oz cooked meat after removing the bone), green salad with 1/2 an avocado, olive oil/vinegar, 1/2 cup pumpkin with cinnamon/Splenda.

I bought a food scale, it measures in ounces and grams, goes up to 11 pounds!, and it doesn't take up much too much counter space.

Wishing everyone a blessed day!
Old 02-27-2014, 04:39 AM   #87
Senior LCF Member

I hate this......

Since I'm in the throes of a panic attack I decided to check in .....I hate this, I really do. Fell asleep early, woke up at 1 a.m. soaked with a hot flash, anxiety, palpitations, adrenaline rushes, can't fall back to sleep. I've had 2 full cardiac work ups including echoes and treadmill stress tests in the last 6 yrs and it's always "well, you have a little mitral valve prolapse but there's nothing wrong, it's hormone related". I want to scream. I can't take this. Crying doesn't help....nothing helps....I want to jump out of my skin and run. I want to go home ....but you can't go back...I want my mother....I have to get up in half an hour...today is going to be real interesting ......well, might as well get up and put my big girl pants on. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. I hate menopause.
Old 02-27-2014, 07:35 AM   #88
Big Yapper!!!!

That sounds awful Rox! I'm so sorry you're going through this.
Old 02-27-2014, 11:35 AM   #89
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
That sounds awful Rox! I'm so sorry you're going through this.
Thanks...I'm feeling better...for now!

I got up and got busy with my day, called my MD when his office opened and he ordered a comprehensive metabolic panel to check electrolytes (and a bunch of other things), and since I had not eaten I ran down to the lab and had the blood drawn (I am SO blessed to have an MD who doesn't dismiss this kind of thing). I also have an appointment with my MD on Monday morning. I don't want to go on HRT, but I don't want to keep going through this either, I haven't had TOM in 5 months...I don't know how I'll make it to 12 months! I'm also blessed with a VERY understanding husband...I don't know what I did to deserve such a great man, but I'm so grateful for him. I know my MD will do an EKG on Monday (just to ease my anxiety), and then offer to send me back to the cardiologist for yet another echo and treadmill test...ugh...I can still hear him from the last time..."you have a little mitral valve prolapse, and women your age get this type of thing, it won't kill you."....thanks for your compassion and understanding doc, really, I feel loads better.

On the brighter side....(there's ALWAYS a brighter side, right?) I went 7.2 miles on my exercise bike....and I didn't keel over from a massive coronary, so, I got that going for me.

Here's today's menu:

Breakfast: Nothing, no appetite.

Lunch: Cottage cheese, chicken thigh.

Dinner: Meatballs (homemade) without breadcrumbs (I add parmesan and egg to give them some texture/flavor), 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, green beans, maybe a small green salad.

Gotta go back out...keeping tissues at hand for the inevitable bouts of crying, (not a good time to be in the mortuary science field...but, it'll all be okay).

"....and though she's not really ill, there's a little yellow pill...she's goes running for the shelter of her mother's little helper, and it helps her on her way, gets her through her busy day..."
Mother's Little Helper, The Rolling Stones
Old 02-27-2014, 02:08 PM   #90
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
I'm glad you have such a responsive and responsible doc. Panic attacks are terrifying. Many years ago, during an extremely stressful period in my life, I experienced them and thought I was dying. I'm so grateful that since that time I've never again experienced them. Garden variety anxiety now and then (ha! sometimes every day!) but nothing to compare to those panic attacks when I thought I couldn't breathe. I hope you'll be feeling back to normal soon. The fact that you can walk on your treadmill so well is a very good sign, I would think.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote