Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #31
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RoxyRoller
Stats: 315/259/200 next weigh 8/1/14
WOE: Calorie controlled, average 75 carbs per day
Start Date: December 30, 2013
I found a recipe for microwave popcorn using a brown paper bag, no oil, and 2 tbs kernels......the smoke detectors work. Vinegar works wonders to remove scorch and stink from inside a microwave.

What is it with girls wearing pajama bottoms in public? I'd break my daughter's legs, that does not fly in this family.

I'm making a crustless cheesecake today. I've got some sugar free strawberry freezer jam for the top.

I've got tons to do.....one thing at a time.
RoxyRoller is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2014, 01:20 PM   #32
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Madmarsha
Stats: way too much/157/145
WOE: moderate carbs
Start Date: October 2013
Quote:
When I look at old photos I can hardly believe it's me, I looked hot! I feel like I have shortchanged my husband
I do, too.
Quote:
Normal people do not stress about food, it's just food
I like this as a quote. Should have this engraved somewhere. Don't take this the wrong way but your counting calories and the like would drive me crazy. I know some people need to journal, but I just know I won't keep it up anyway. I've learned to just eat when hungry and to not dwell on being hungry before I've eaten so I have no idea how many calories or anything I'm really eating. I just know I'm not eating sugar or grains. For me, for now at least, that's all I need to know.
Quote:
I might go sit in church for a while tomorrow (I only go to church when it's empty), it's so peaceful; or the cemetery (don't judge me), they are beautiful and quiet
No judging. It's not a lot of people that think this, or at least admit it, but I love sitting in an empty church and I love graveyards.
LDL: 191

Last edited by Madmarsha; 01-18-2014 at 01:25 PM..
Madmarsha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Beautiful day today...DH doing yardwork before 49ers game! I'm scoping out where my tomato plants will go.

Making some lc snacks as well as burgers and Italian sausage for game...buns optional. Well..better do one last sweep through the place and make sure we're fit for company! I'm battling awful anxiety today...menopause be gone! ....that didn't work. Gonna have to deal with it. Go niners!
Old 01-20-2014, 02:56 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Can't sleep....clowns will eat me....OR......."one, two, Freddie's comin for you"......

I hate the insomnia that sometimes hits....I would vacuum but I don't want to wake up my husband.

I have an easy day today but this no sleep/early waking is for the birds!

I didn't overeat yesterday but I did eat too much salt...salami/pepperoni is brutal.

My cat is staring at me....eerie.

Middle of the night infomercials are hilarious!

I will make some tea..decaf of course...

My mother used to say when you can't sleep, God is trying to tell you something....yeah, something like "hey dummy...how 'bout those 3 diet Pepsi's you slugged down after all the salty snacks? How's that caffeine feel? "
Old 01-20-2014, 12:08 PM   #35
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: LoCarbGal
Stats: 318.5/191/140 5'4" 47 yrs
WOE: Atkins 1/27/12 - 54.5 lbs: JUDDD 9/4/12 - 73 lbs
You crack me up, Roxy! I relate to the middle of the night ramblings.....I've been having a little of that lately myself.
LoCarbGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:33 PM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
I relate to the middle of the night ramblings....
It's awful isn't it? Ugh! I chalk part of it up to "the change" and part to my poor choice of caffeinated beverages...

I've been pushing water all day. I'm beat. I whipped up a shepherd's pie for dinner but used mashed sweet potatoes instead of white.

Will try to get a nap in before dh gets home but want to finish laundry first. I was planning on starting our tax returns too..but not today.
Old 01-21-2014, 04:50 PM   #37
Senior LCF Member

I'm on an egg kick...had 2 for breakfast, then egg salad with green olives for lunch, I made enchilada chicken for dinner but I'll probably have a couple fried eggs. I won't force the chicken when I really want eggs. Hmmm.

Tomorrow I have to make a Costco run....I am not a shopper....that place is great for meat though...I wish they carried the cat food mine likes. I find the "sampler zombies " quite annoying, you know the ones who slowly make their way from sample station to sample station leaving a trail of those little white cups behind...while I try to get in, get out, and get home so I can vacuum seal the meat and get it in the freezer....I want to slam into them with my cart....damn zombie walkers.

Last edited by RoxyRoller; 01-21-2014 at 04:51 PM..
Old 01-22-2014, 04:27 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

I made it out of Costco alive. As much as I loathe going, I do like the good deals on hamburger, chicken, etc. I have to stick to our budget, and their prices make it easier.

Ok, so, last night we're channel flipping, and we come across "My 600 lb. Life" on TLC. I had to see, had to look, had to listen to what this 530 lb woman had to say (well, one of the first things was "I gotta pee" as she rolls over to let her husband strategically place what looked like a blue chux pad and a bedpan). I think, "that poor lady"....for the first 20 minutes of the program.

Of course that doctor in Texas is willing to perform gastric sleeve (as opposed to gastric bypass) on her, although why the sleeve was chosen over the bypass was not explained (if it was, I missed it). Anyway, she's admitted as an inpatient prior to surgery so that she can prove she can lose weight 'on her own', lying in a hospital bed where you are being served no more than 1200 calories a day is not 'on your own'. But anyway, she loses 40 pounds in a month, has the surgery, and becomes a nasty beast. I felt badly for her son...the husband, not so much - he was the epitome of an enabler. He's serving her fried won tons post-op....whaaaaat????

So...a physical therapist is sent to her, she basically refuses to even TRY to ambulate. A dietitian/nutritionist is sent to her - she is so flipping rude to the woman I wanted to slap her. Suffice to say, after several months of refusing to move, eat right, or go to even one post-op follow up appointment, she regains 5 of the initial 40 she lost, and blames everyone and everything except herself.

Now, I can understand the physical therapist and the nutritionist. But, the one thing this woman needs far more than any of the ancillary staff is a PSYCHOLOGIST. I am at a loss as to why the bariatric surgeon (who admits she has "issues" early on, even she admits she uses food for comfort) never orders a psych consult. This woman's out of control eating has not one thing to do with hunger. Listening to her denial was maddening.....she's a pro at self sabotage.

I don't want to be like that. It frightens me to think of being that debilitated for no other reason than not being able to control what I eat. It made me angry, disgusted, sad (for her little boy), annoyed (at her husband), and a little disillusioned at the medical professionals responsible for her care, how could they not see this woman was not a candidate for WLS until her issues were addressed.

Fast forward to this morning, I dressed up to go to Costco - did the hair (think big hair, I LOVE my big hair), makeup (lots of eyeliner and mascara baby!), my fave jeans (flared!) and red blouse; black leather ankle boots....and....my long denim coat (which I found on Ebay and got for $7 plus shipping...woot!). I parked far from the doors (which you have to do anyway most of the time) and I thought...no way, no way, I will not live in a muumuu with a greasy ponytail and go out in sweats and ratty sneakers with no makeup...no, just no. If you've ever seen the movie "Babycakes", I felt like Ricki Lake when she gets her swag on and is walking tall (I love that movie).

I met DH for lunch today - he kept telling me how great I looked (loved it...c'mon...who doesn't want to see that look in your spouse's eyes...you know what I mean...)

So, I hope the lady I saw on television last night gets help, I really do. That program reinforced to me that for those of us with food issues (and maybe for those who don't), hunger does not come from the stomach - appetite and true hunger are as different as night and day. Recognizing that "thing" or thought, feeling, memory, etc. that triggers an overeating/I don't give a f..... episode is the key to it all; but that's not easy - because emotional eaters are pros at dismissing feelings - and to let yourself 'FEEL' it, man, that can be so raw, (btw, I do see a psychologist who specializes in anxiety/panic/disordered eating, I have to break the cycle, and so far, I am amazed at how much I have learned about myself).

See y'all soon.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:02 PM   #39
Big Yapper!!!!

I saw the promo a couple of times for that show, and was tempted to DVR it. One of my New Year's resolutions is to cut out some of the crap TV that I don't need to see. So I didn't. But it's kinda like an accident. You just have to look. It sounds awful.

You got the look from the hubby, huh? Work it!
Old 01-23-2014, 10:41 AM   #40
Senior LCF Member

I got a good night's sleep last night (without help from Tylenol PM)...yay!

I made it 3.7 miles in 18 minutes on the stationary bike, so, that's what...hold on...clicks calculator...just under 5 minutes per mile, not bad. I've got to load more music on my mp3 player, I have tons on my android but it drains the battery in no time.

I've been looking over my intake these past weeks, I average about 1600 calories a day, although some days are around 1200, and others about 1900. That's amazing to me because I've always been a "starver", all or nothing type of dieter - which has been the problem all along - and that's why DIETS don't work. I finally realize losing 50 lbs. in a year and keeping it off is the way to go versus losing 90 lbs. in 10 months and regaining it (over and over and over).

So anyway, I have to make a non-food run soon (I am so anal when it comes to shopping). I stick to a fairly tight budget, and I split shopping trips up into edible vs. non edible items. I also coupon, although where I'm at NONE of the stores doubles coupons, but I get great manufacturer coupons from their websites. I get a kick out of those "super coupon" users on tv, if you have a grocery store that has a discount card, runs BOGO on items that you have coupons for that will be doubled, in addition to store coupons for those same items as well as a "get $10, $15, etc off your next purchase" check out coupon from a previous trip, it's not hard to get paper products, soap, etc. for next to nothing, however, I'm happy to find cat food on sale and use my $5 off Purina coupon!

Well...time to get a few things done...stay tuned.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:55 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Had MD appointment this morning....all is well....except his scale is 3 pounds up from mine, but then again I was unclothed on mine and fully clothed at the office (including my new Skechers walking shoes!), so, I will not worry on that. I cannot turn into a daily scale jumper...I'll become obsessed...

However....I was very irritated at the MD office, I don't do well with mothers who sit staring blankly while their children run amok in the waiting room, screaming and touching everything...jeezus lady, yeah, your kid is cute and his shrieking screams sound like a chorus of angels from heaven, but I don't want his snotty hands on me, thank you very much. So I faked a cough and said "oh honey, I don't want you to catch my cold" as the little nose miner is slapping my knees with both hands....I shot a glance at mom...she was in the Android prayer position (you know, hands forward holding the android as if it were a hymnal, head down staring at it with thumbs going like mad)....ugh....Calgon, take me away....I felt a little sorry for the kid though.

So, I had a long talk with my MD, (he is so cool, I really like my doc) he suggested I reduce my carbs more (we went over my food journal app over the last few weeks). His concern is heading off diabetes (which runs rampant in my family, along with heart disease, anxiety, and two ax-handle wide hips). I am taking his advice and adjusted my settings to reflect less than 50 carbs a day.

But what do I do after I leave the office ???? I go to the pharmacy to pick up my standard Rx for high blood pressure....stay with me now...I am irritated, and I am HUNGRY, ....I bought a Milky Way candy bar, I ate the Milky Way candy bar...it was so sweet I think some of the enamel is gone on my teeth, but, I used up a boatload of my calorie bank for the day (58 gram bar is 250 calories, I could have had a massive salad for that)....what a great start to head off that diabetes Roxy, way to follow the doc's suggestion....

That is a classic example of emotional eating - yes, I was hungry, but not "pass out" hungry, it's not like I was miles from home, and even if I was, better choices were available, but I CHOSE not to avail myself of them - universal law - I allowed the negative to overpower the positive.

Will take the time to discuss this little episode with my psychologist next visit.

Now, I will work on putting more music on my MP3 player.
Old 01-24-2014, 04:38 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

I rode 4.5 miles on my bike. Yay!!!

I called my psych (hey, she said "if you ever need to call, just call"), and I'm sure there's an ICD9 code for a 30 min phone session, she'll bill my insurance no doubt.

Anyway, here's the rub, yes I was eating my feelings in that Milky Way, but, the irritation/annoyance/anger that I allowed to overthrow my common sense was not solely due to the little snot nose at my MD's office. When confronted by my psych with this question "what's really wrong Roxanne?", I thought for a couple minutes, and it started yesterday - after talking with my sister, (who is in a nursing home after a stroke 2 years ago, she still smokes like a fiend, and there are volumes I won't go into here, suffice to say - she can be challenging and downright nasty, I'm surprised they let her keep her cell phone - she seldom calls, but I try to call her once a week). But, that's when the switch got flipped initially, bottom line..I am powerless when it comes to my sister, (I am 2500 miles away, and her son is her POA and healthcare proxy). All I can do is listen to her (and she doesn't always make sense, the stroke took a toll - think Baby Jane Hudson with a little Regan from the Exorcist thrown in from time to time) and send her things to (hopefully) make her smile. I have to learn to accept the situation for what it is instead of stewing over something I have absolutely no control over.

So there ya go, gotta love those 30 min shrink sessions!

I am nervous about the whole diabetes thing though, my MD gave me a lab slip for an A1C, lipid panel with ratio, basic metabolic panel, thyroid function and of course FSH (the dreaded menopause indicator)...oh man, I feel too young for this stuff.

And, for what it's worth, I felt sick about 2 hours after that god forsaken Milky Way.

"Blanche, you aren't ever gonna sell this house, and you aren't EVER gonna leave it...either!" Baby Jane Hudson
Old 01-25-2014, 05:29 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

I rode 4.0 miles today. That's the only good thing I can say about today...because today really, really sucked.

"....after all....tomorrow is a new day! "
Scarlet O'Hara
Old 01-26-2014, 01:48 PM   #44
Senior LCF Member

A new day....

I felt myself sliding back into the "starver" mode, and it backfired. I got so hungry yesterday I ended up over eating by 800 calories, which, in the grand scheme of things probably averages out - however, it is classic disordered eating. Back to "normal" today - I dislike the word "normal", because what's normal for one person is not for another on so many levels.

I am making home made chicken vegetable soup today. I took the time to organize my pantry too, I actually have 2 pantry areas, the kitchen does not have enough cupboard space, so DH built what looks like a wardrobe in our guest room, but when you open the doors it's all shelves, and it works great for storing canned goods, dry items, etc.

I have a very busy week coming up so I worked on menu planning this morning. I find it makes it much easier to stay on course nutritionally, otherwise, you walk in the door, starving, open the fridge door, and end up grabbing something...anything...because you're over hungry; having healthy snack items prepped makes all the difference (e.g. cheese sticks, hard boiled eggs, celery). Taking the time prep lunch items is a must for me too. DH will eat the same thing everyday (turkey/ham cheese roll ups, dill pickle, hard boiled egg), I like to change things up a bit!

Think I'll read around the board for a bit and have some tea.....
Old 01-27-2014, 08:41 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Great idea getting yourself all organized and planned out. For me, that always makes a huge difference. When I "wing it", I am more likely to go off plan. Grrrr!
Old 01-27-2014, 07:53 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

A very busy day. I put chuck roast in the crock pot this morning and I'm glad I did...because no way did I have the energy to think about cooking. I weighed this morning...no loss....bummer...but I certainly didn't gain it overnight and it isn't coming off overnight either. Time to relax and read for a while...currently I'm reading "The Lives and Loves of Daisy and Violet Hilton"; they were conjoined twins...wow...they sure got the fuzzy end of the lollipop.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:03 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Lab results

Total cholesterol 204
HDL 44
LDL 138
RATIO 4.8

Hemoglobin A1C = 6.0 (hello prediabetes)

FSH = 52 (hello menopause)

Thyroid panel was normal but I didn't write down the numbers....my head was spinning.

Menopause has eaten my brain.

I'm gonna go cry, laugh, sweat, freeze, rage, for a bit. I'll be back to rant when I've got my act together....

Blanche: "you know Jane, you wouldn't treat me like this if I weren't in this chair"..
Jane : "but you ARE Blanche! You ARE in the chair! "
Old 01-29-2014, 02:47 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

A busy and productive day. Reading all I can about prediabetes...this is no joke...I have got to get my A1C well below 6.0 before my next appointment (6 months from now we're drawing blood for a re-check). Lots to do...got to get moving.
Old 01-30-2014, 12:10 PM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Feeling it!

This morning I put my just out of the dryer jeans on....and they are getting loose! I didn't have to do semi-squats to get them up! Yay! ...back in the 70's I wore my jeans so tight my mother called them "hysterectomy pants"!!

Definitely feel overall better not eating junk. Today is Italian sausage with peppers and onions and salad (olive oil/vinegar dressing). Breakfast has been eggs or Fiber One cereal with skim milk...lunches are usually soup with salad or lettuce wrap of some kind and a piece of fruit. I don't feel deprived, and that's a good thing.

Stressful morning, well, not stressful, challenging is more like it - I will preface this mini rant by stating my chosen field is mortuary science/funeral services. It's not everyone's cup of tea, I know....read no further if death makes you uncomfortable.

Let me just vent a bit.......okay, I realize your loved one meant the world and all to you, however, he/she will not look exactly like the photo you provided from D-Day in 1944 - no matter what I do, aging and illness cause changes in appearance that no amount of mortician's make up can erase, BUT, I will re-do the makeup, re-style the hair, add a wig, add color, remove color, as many times as it takes to make you happy with the way your loved one looks, I know it is very important to you.

Please, please, please give a good deal of thought before you decide it's a good idea for little 5 year old Sally/Timmy/Joey/Judy to kiss the deceased good-bye, especially when the child had minimal or no regular contact with them - it scares the living sh*t out of kids, however, it is ultimately your decision.

"Wow, he looks better than when he was alive! You guys did a great job!" Unless you are the decedent's spouse - THINK before you say that within earshot of other family members.

"Oh my god...why does he look like that!? Can't you do something?" He looks like that because he has passed away, I can change the lighting in the room, adjust the makeup, but, again, the effects of illness/accident/self inflicted injury cannot be 100% erased...and that's why the immediate family is given the chance to view the decedent prior to other family/friends - so that they can decide if it may be better to have a closed casket...and in some cases there is no decision because it has to be a closed casket.

Think very carefully before deciding to leave jewelry on the deceased, we cannot retrieve it once we leave the funeral parlor....and no amount of ranting and yelling at me will get it back for you.

Think before you ask the surviving spouse/family if the person had life insurance...what business is it of yours...the other one is "did he leave a Will?"

Before you decide the middle of a funeral viewing is the place to FINALLY tell aunt/uncle/cousin/sister/brother...EXACTLY what you think of him/her and the way they treated the deceased and 'how dare you show up here!'...just, please, put a sock in it - get a grip - it's not the time or place for animosity....and we will not ask someone to leave just because you think they shouldn't be there to pay their respect.

This is to the horse's arse I had to deal with this morning.....how DARE you pass a funeral procession on the right - you loser! - have you no respect? You couldn't wait all of maybe 90 seconds for everyone to turn into the cemetery entrance? You had to speed past kicking up gravel from the shoulder and cut off a lead car?! Jackass...

Ok, I feel better now.....
Old 01-31-2014, 05:17 PM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Very pleasant day.....eggs for breakfast, tuna on whole wheat for lunch, chicken and salad for dinner. I don't think I'm getting enough calcium....tomorrow will have Greek yogurt .
Old 02-01-2014, 11:29 AM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Got an early start this morning, rode 4.2 miles, got a lot of little stuff done. I'm doing some cooking ahead items today....cabbage, a ham (which goes a long way...from ham and cabbage for dinner, ham and eggs for breakfast, to sliced up with cheese on a tray during the game tomorrow, and finally a really good soup made with the bone), and I'm thinking of thawing some ground beef for burgers. I have to stay ahead of the game when it comes to having items prepped, it makes it so much easier to not fall back into old habits.

I wanted to weigh this morning but I didn't. I'm going to wait until March 1st. I can definitely feel a difference in my clothes, and I'll get crazy if I weigh too often....can't give a scale that kind of power.

Yesterday afternoon I happened to catch part of The Dr. Oz show...there was a woman who weighed 56 lbs. on as a guest...56 lbs.....extreme anorexic, how sad, she seemed like a sweet girl too....but here's the thing..she thinks she's fat, I hope she does well in the treatment center she agreed to attend. I'm not a huge fan of Dr. Oz, but he looked genuinely scared for her.

It's crazy, the obsession with weight/food...I truly believe if I wasn't an emotional eater I'd probably be a dope fiend or gambler...some day a brilliant scientist will discover a way to throw the brain switch to the "off" position for people like me.

Bruno, The Chauffeur (Lon Chaney Jr.): "Just because something isn't good doesn't mean it's bad."
Spider Baby or The Maddest Story Ever Told 1968
Old 02-02-2014, 12:17 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

I'm hooked on "The Kitten Bowl" on the Hallmark Channel! too cute...

I made it 5.2 miles on my bike this morning! Yay!

Got things pretty much in place for the game...lots of meat, ham, turkey, roast beef; cheese; celery and carrot sticks, Ranch and Bleu Cheese dressing, mustard. DH is making wings outside using the turkey fryer (it's easier than doing it in the house using my Presto deep fryer - it doesn't hold enough in one batch - and we're making two 5 lb bags of wings..so....there ya go). I've got the wing sauce mixed (butter and Frank's Red Hot sauce)...paper plates galore.

I told everyone I would make the salsa but if they want chips they have to bring them and take any leftover bags home....not trying to be a carb tyrant...well, yeah, I guess I am, oh well, tough.

Of course there is liquor available for those who wish to partake - we've got 3 designated drivers, and the guest room is ready if needed, although I do not anticipate any problem...I'm not kidding...I've seen first hand the results of motor vehicle accidents from drunk driving...it ain't pretty. Don't misunderstand me - I love a good vodka and (diet) cranberry, and who doesn't like to catch a buzz? (do people still even say that?...I'm so 70's...ugh).

Anyway, I've got some time to relax with a cup of coffee.....

Phroso the Clown: "Don't go out filling your hide with a lot of booze celebrating. 'Cause fun what's got that way never done NO one no good. Get me?"
Freaks - 1932

Last edited by RoxyRoller; 02-02-2014 at 12:21 PM.. Reason: changed an inappropriate word
Old 02-02-2014, 01:37 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Roxy, you are doing so well. Congratulations on your weight loss. I really admire your determination and focus. And I LOVE your sense of humor. By the way, I also love your avatar.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:51 PM   #54
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Roxy, you are doing so well. Congratulations on your weight loss. I really admire your determination and focus. And I LOVE your sense of humor. By the way, I also love your avatar.
Thanks so much! (I LOVE Bette Davis!)

Ok, busy busy today....made a meatloaf, thawing chicken breasts for tomorrow. Had hard boiled eggs for breakfast and low sodium soup and an orange for lunch. Leftover cabbage tonight with the meatloaf.

Did great yesterday, didn't overeat even the LC fare, didn't go over calories either; however, SODIUM was high (the wing sauce is treacherous for sodium), so today I'm pushing water and watching total sodium intake.

Tax time....almost finished....

Bette Davis (as Mildred Rogers in Of Human Bondage 1934): "Oh, don't go spoofing me. A girl who works hard all day like I do. I don't have much reason to smile."
Old 02-04-2014, 08:38 AM   #55
Big Yapper!!!!

Sounds like you're doing great on the LC. Good for you!

Bette Davis is great. Did you ever see the interview of her with Dick Cavett? She was absolutely delightful! Talented lady.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:25 AM   #56
Senior LCF Member

Have you lost weight??

I got asked the million dollar question today! "have you lost weight?"...yay!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoCarbGal View Post
Bette Davis is great. Did you ever see the interview of her with Dick Cavett?
Yes, I just recently saw that interview - several of Dick Cavett's shows became available on our On Demand cable channel (for free!). I love that she brings her purse with her on stage - and when she talks about why she turned down a role in Myra Breckenridge!

Let's see....I went 5.5 miles this morning, had eggs for breakfast, having BLT on one of the Orowheat sandwich thins for lunch, dinner is leftover meatloaf (there was more leftover than I thought there would be!)

Tomorrow is going to be hectic, I'll cook the chicken I thawed today and prep some extra salad so dinner will be a breeze tomorrow...I cannot stand coming home after having the pedal to the floor all day and have to start cooking from scratch.

I'm logging everything I eat, and I must say I do like the app I'm using, very simple. I'm terrified of developing diabetes...

Time for a cup of coffee (decaf).

Bette Davis (as Margo Channing in All About Eve): "Funny business, a woman's career - the things you drop on your way up the ladder so you can move faster. You forget you'll need them again when you get back to being a woman. That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted. And in the last analysis, nothing's any good unless you can look up just before dinner or turn around in bed, and there he is. Without that, you're not a woman. You're something with a French provincial office or a book full of clippings, but you're not a woman. Slow curtain, the end."

Last edited by RoxyRoller; 02-04-2014 at 11:25 AM.. Reason: punctuation
Old 02-04-2014, 11:46 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRoller View Post
Bette Davis (as Margo Channing in All About Eve): "Funny business, a woman's career - the things you drop on your way up the ladder so you can move faster. You forget you'll need them again when you get back to being a woman. That's one career all females have in common, whether we like it or not: being a woman. Sooner or later, we've got to work at it, no matter how many other careers we've had or wanted. And in the last analysis, nothing's any good unless you can look up just before dinner or turn around in bed, and there he is. Without that, you're not a woman. You're something with a French provincial office or a book full of clippings, but you're not a woman. Slow curtain, the end."
Nota bene: I don't necessarily agree with the above quote - but I love the movie it's from and Bette Davis' delivery of it is phenomenal!
Old 02-05-2014, 02:02 PM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Very crazy day. Eggs for breakfast. Soup for lunch. Very anxious and panicky for some reason (((hormones))) ugh. Time for a break.
Old 02-06-2014, 11:03 AM   #59
Senior LCF Member

A 5.7 mile day! Woot! I really wanted to get on the scale this morning...but I didn't. I can tell something's happening by the way my clothes fit, but I can't stand getting on the scale expecting to see 5 lbs gone and see maybe 1 or 2 gone...or even worse...see a gain!...oh man, it sucks to be me when it comes to scales. DH has lost 23 lbs......way to go big daddy!

I had eggs for breakfast, soup for lunch, have leftover chicken for dinner (will turn that into souvlaki without the pita bread). DH will get a bunless burger with cheese. I'm going to make beef vegetable soup this weekend. I've been looking for beef shanks, they're cheap and the broth is fantastic. I found an egg farmer that sells for $1 a dozen as long as you buy 5 dozen, that's cheaper than Costco, glad I saved my egg cartons.

Of course I had to watch My 600 lb Life on TLC (I DVR'd it along with Half Ton Killer...I feel strangely voyeuristic watching these shows). I was floored by the woman who weighed 1028 pounds - how does that happen? She worked her butt off (literally) and looked great after about 2 years and I hope she stays motivated and determined, quite an inspiration (turns out she's not a killer either, her story is readily available all over the web). On the other hand, the girl on 600 lb Life is doomed if she stays with her mother...weird, odd, peculiar family dynamic going on there...if you have a child weighing that much, would you go out and get 16 (yes 16) chicken slider thingy's and a mountain of french fries...and then tearfully lament about how "I just can't bear to see my child hungry..." ok, maybe the slider things weren't all for her, but still huh? First off, she's 22 years old (and married!); second, you want her to stay dependent on you because on some level you get something out of it. I read on their website that TLC will be doing a follow-up show some time in March, it might be interesting.

Good day all!
Old 02-07-2014, 12:46 PM   #60
Big Yapper!!!!

I saw that girl on 600 pound life. Her mother was way messed up! And looked like she needed the surgery too. It is interesting how many of these cases, there are other family members who are morbidly obese as well. Maybe not quite 600 pounds, but they have to be getting to 300 or more. And the show never addresses whether these folks are even trying to lose along with the main character. Like the twin girls.

I feel the same about watching those shows. I know they're a huge waste of time, but somehow I want to see them. Feel awful after watching it though.

Hope you're feeling better today, from the anxiety the other day. Hormones make life...um...interesting.

Ordinary things, done consistently, produce extraordinary results. ~ Keith Cunningham

My Journal: LoCarbGal's Balancing Act ~ Losing Fat, Building Muscle, & Living Life!