Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
DaisyHair's Weightloss Diary~

I've finally decided I need help.

I am joining Medi Weighloss.

I've never been one to join weightloss groups. I am sort of an introvert (I work from home) and have always thought I could do it on my own. I've never had anything keep me accountable and I know this is what I need.

I've tried for years to lose this weight. The motivation is never a problem... it's the commitment in like week 6 that gets me every time!

I did allot of research and feel like Medi Weightloss is the program for me. I love the idea of a weekly appointment to keep me real.

I've studied lots of Medi Weightloss blogs and read the great threads here under the program forum and feel like I am finally ready!

My appt. with our local clinic is this Tuesday (New Years Eve). I am beyond excited and am heading to the grocery story today to buy a few things to have in stock for the first few days.

I wish I was going TODAY!

This AM I weighed 230.6.

I've been doing low carb thru the holidays and managed to NOT gain any weight which is like some bright, shining miracle for me. I have NEVER, EVER accomplished that. I am proud of myself already.

I turned 50 Christmas Eve and I decided the cost of the program for a minimum of 4 months would be my birthday gift to myself so I set the $$$ aside (no small feat) and I am ready and I am making the commitment right here, right now.

I am so ready.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2013, 07:42 AM   #2
Blabbermouth!!!

I've already started the program on my own (official appt. is on New Years Eve) I started last night with a turkey burger with mustard for dinner.

All of the supplements I constantly try to take make me nauseated. I ended up going back to drinking diet sodas for the flavor and bubbles. A couple of the supplements taste SO bad (my multi vit. and a multi B) that I have to take them with a strong flavored drink.

I've been using Diet Vernor's but I am so against neutrasweet! I guess missing my supplements, especially with the small amount of food I will be consuming is worse than the couple of diet sodas I will drink a day.. Ugg. I know the supplements are really important in the acute phase though.

Last edited by daisyHair; 12-29-2013 at 07:50 AM..
daisyHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:56 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Good luck to you, Daisy. I know nothing about Medi Weightloss and am curious so I hope you will keep us posted. The only supplement that ever bothered me was fish oil which caused an unpleasant taste but I switched to the Costco Kirkland brand and found those don't bother me at all. Maybe you could see if another brand might help you as well. I also take my supplements with meals and perhaps doing that might make the taste more bearable for you.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:02 AM   #4
Blabbermouth!!!

Hi LolaGetz,

Thanks for posting!
Medi Weightloss is a very low carb, Doctor sponsored weight loss program. The first week is nothing but protein.

I have so many supplements I take that I have to take some without food or I would be eating all day!

I do take Omega 3 fish oil and have to have it with food.. also the calcium I take I have to take with food.

I have to hold off on buying a different type until these are gone.. good vitamins are so expensive!

I will be posting about my experience with the diet! I hope to write every day. I really need to. Journaling will help me I know.
Old 12-29-2013, 10:21 AM   #5
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
Good luck!!!!!!!!!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:11 AM   #6
Blabbermouth!!!

Monday, Dec 30 – 2013

This AM I weighed 228.6
Lost two pounds of waterweight, overnight.

Yesterday was a tough, difficult late day. I wanted to munch, allot.

Even though I am eating very low carb I am still eating too much quantity of food for the program's first week.

I kept telling myself I should just start shifting my thinking right now and eat less. I ate a couple of small handfuls of pistachios but talked myself out of anymore and wanted/craved SF chocolate after dinner but told myself no.

I was surprised how often I wanted to just munch. It will be interesting to get ketosis kicking again. It helps my appetite so much.

Last night I made pork loin and cut a small serving for myself and made sauteed spinach, in coconut oil and garlic..

Today I am going to plan on around 600-700 calories. I think they will put me on 600 a day of pure protein (no veggie at all) for the first week. I read it's easy with the two shots you get every week and the appetite suppressant prescription.

Today I am writing it all down and planning my food for the day ahead of time.

Food today:
Breakfast:

3 T half and half in my coffee
3 turkey bacon .................................Total Breakfast 160

I think I read they don't like you to use half and half on the program but then they say it's ok to use that chemical sh*t storm Coffee Mate SF. I will still be using the real thing. Half and half I think only has 5 more calories per tablespoon than a serving of the SF Coffee Mate AND less carbs even. I am surprised by that substitution they would make. I know it's low fat AND low carb and I get that... but I feel perfectly OK using the 3 T of half and half. I won't be making any OTHER substitutions though.

As far as lunch, it really helps me to wait as long as I can to eat anything else in the day when I am limiting my calories too. I don't actually get hungry until after 1-2PM so I am going to go with that.

For a late lunch I am planning 4-5 oz my Boar’s head Jerk Turkey (OMG LOVE this stuff).

I am having ham for dinner.. I don’t think ham is really ok on the program? I will find out. I have a huge gorgeous ham my father sent us for Christmas that we have not used yet in the freezer and I want to use it tonight and also for breakfast in the AM with eggs for Patrick.

I HAVE to remember not to have any coffee/cream food at all until after my blood draw tomorrow AM. Have to be in a fasted state..

Tomorrow is my 1st Medi Weightloss appt.!
I am excited.. OMG I am so excited.

Last edited by daisyHair; 12-30-2013 at 07:15 AM..
Old 12-30-2013, 07:16 AM   #7
Blabbermouth!!!

Thank you so much!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Good luck!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-30-2013, 03:53 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

I switched to HWC in my coffee and it tastes delicious (especially in contrast to the 1% milk I'd been using during all those years I was following a low fat diet). I think HWC has fewer carbs than half and half.

I truly don't know enough to comment and yet 600 - 700 calories sounds very low to me. Perhaps that is why you are feeling hungry. I think Dr. Atkins recommended eating when you are hungry, eating to satiety and then stopping. I have noticed that after four months of eating VLC my appetite has greatly diminished and that is a step forward for me as I previously had a propensity for over-eating. Maybe if you just eat when hungry and eat until full for now your appetite will naturally and gradually reduce too.
Old 12-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #9
Senior LCF Member

And I just realized that my experience is probably not applicable to what you will be doing in the Medi Weight Loss plan so please ignore what I said.

I too wish you luck and success. It is great you are feeling so excited and enthusiastic. That's half the battle won.
Old 01-11-2014, 04:35 PM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Tricia819
Stats: 5'5, 195.6/173.0/135
WOE: Medi Weight Loss
Start Date: 12/28/13
daisyHair,
So glad I found your thread. I am also doing Medi Weight Loss. I have been struggling with my weight for the past 8 years. Did Weight Watchers on and off but couldn't stick with it. Too easy, to fall off the wagon. I didn't think I could do a very restrictive diet but I think it's the best thing for me because I know exactly what I can and can't eat. Like you, I also couldn't loss the weight on my own and when a friend told me about Medi Weight Loss, I thought that I give it a try. I started on 12/28/13. My starting weight was 195.6. The first week was hard, headaches, hungry and fatigue. But once I got through the first week, it was a lot better. I lost 8lbs the first week and 2.6 the second week. I am thrilled with a lost of 10.6 lbs in 2 weeks. I am now feeling pretty good and am no longer hungry. It's hard taking all the supplements and drinking all the water but I sticking with it. I am glad I found someone else who is doing Medi Weight Loss. Hoping we can share our successes and struggles with the program. I want to wish you the best of luck with your weight loss journey.
Tricia
Tricia819 is offline   Reply With Quote