LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2014, 03:13 AM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
Hmmm, what does it mean...

I dreamt I wanted something of my dad's but couldn't find it. It was a t-shirt and I looked thru all of his drawers and even the clothes dryer.

April will be the first anniversary of his death, so I guess it's only natural that I'd be thinking of him but I can't imagine anything I'd want of his, that's what makes it weird.

Maybe I tied it in with my uncles death(his brother)I did want a t-shirt of his. We went to the same high school and he had t-shirt with the Knight's logo on it and my aunt gave it to me, I didn't have to search.

"I've been searching for something, something so undefined, that it can only be seen by the eyes of the blind"

In the Middle of the Night
Billy Joel

Sponsored Links
Old 04-02-2014, 02:42 AM   #62
Senior LCF Member

Sodastream

The hubster and I bought a Sodastream. It was $99 and we had a 25% off coupon, so we got a pretty good deal. Since I am the primary grocery shopper and we like our carbonated water & soda, I liked the idea of not having to lug bottles and cans from the car into the house. Not to mention the overflowing recycle bin every week!

I like it so far. The only down side I have noticed is that it does not hold the "bubbly" for very long, so you can't make it ahead as it will fizz out after a couple hours. It came with a sample pack of flavors and the only one I have not liked so far is the diet cola.

The only thing I need to find out now is where to get the CO2 refilled!

kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 01:16 AM   #63
Senior LCF Member

Up again. I've been giving in to my cravings

I feel like the supplements I have been taking aren't much help. I eat even when I'm not hungry so it's mostly a mind over matter thing. So I think I will save some money and just take my multi-vitamin. I have been reading the thread about magnesium, so I'm going to check further into that.

I was a "cut the crap challenge" drop-out and now I've joined the April challenge - it's what you make it. My goal is to lose 2 pounds a week. To reach that goal I will track what I eat. I'd gotten away from it so I know that is also part of my problem.

Old 04-03-2014, 01:35 AM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Two pounds a week sounds like a huge amount, Kim. Can you really lose that quickly? Even a lb a week sounds like a lot to me. I'm lucky if I lose 2 lbs a month.

I spent a few months overindulging in high fat stuff which added too many calories per day but I finally reined in that particular self indulgence and am back on track. Still afraid to face the number on the scales but my clothes are very gradually starting to fit more loosely.

Sitting here listening to the news about the shooting at Ft. Hood. What a tragedy.

Last edited by LolaGetz; 04-03-2014 at 01:36 AM..
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 02:47 AM   #65
Senior LCF Member

If I stick to less than 30 carbs/day and at least 10,000 steps/day, I know I can do it, it's the sticking to plan problem I have. It's the mind over matter thing...I can do this for four weeks! And to be so close to my gaol and go back up again is so frustrating ~ I wanted to give myself a kick in the rear!

I had heard about Fort Hood, it is a tragedy that this has happened again.

Old 04-03-2014, 11:53 PM   #66
Senior LCF Member

Today I did not get near 10,000 steps. It was rainy and cold and that dampness that just goes thru to your bones. I am happy that we didn't get any of that snow - I think it went north of us. It has been a long winter...

Had over 1,700 caloric intake and too many carbs, so I was surprised my weight was actually down a little. Shared a cupcake with the hubster - it was my favorite(ok, ONE of my favorites, I have many)from our cupcake store, Lime in the Coconut - how can you pass that up? It's a vanilla cupcake with coconut and a lime frosting, so yummy.

Then I went to Ross and found a coconut lime lotion! How fun is that?! It smells so good - made by Tree Hut. I'm just hoping it doesn't trigger cravings for cupcakes every time I use it!

Old 04-05-2014, 04:39 AM   #67
Senior LCF Member

still holding at 151.6 and we're headed into the weekend. Keeping my eyes on the goal as not to get sidetracked!

Old 04-10-2014, 03:08 AM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Didn't quite make my goal of 2 lbs./week but I'll take a loss any day! Now just to get back to 150.

A job opening on days has opened in my department...would love to work days but 3rd shift gets a 20% differential, so I'd loose that right off the top...and I'd have to work with people...

Old 04-16-2014, 03:27 AM   #69
Senior LCF Member

back up to 152.2

I can't seem to make it thru a weekend without going off plan

I talked to my boss about the day position and it is up for review by the powers that be...and she basically told me I would not get it. "Third shift is understaffed" Well, let's see...the last third shift person left over
TWO YEARS ago, so why not fill that position first? I don't think I could deal with all the different personalities on first anyway.
Old 04-20-2014, 03:47 AM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Have not been good to myself...

Up to 154.8

Old 04-23-2014, 01:25 AM   #71
Senior LCF Member

back on track

ok, I've decided no more challenges for me! I just seem to set myself up for failure. Usually, I'm very competitive so this seems strange to me. I don't get it.

Soooo, from now on, it's just me and my goals. I have to get back to journaling what I eat. I like to eat fruit, especially this time of year when they are in season. Oh, how I'd love to live in a climate where the fruit grows all year 'round!

That is my first goal. I was really good a journaling for a while. Then I realized I wasn't being honest all the time, like not writing down a bag of chips or a pop tart. So that's my second goal, honesty in journaling.

I will keep it simple until I figure out from the journal where I want to be with my carbs.

Old 04-24-2014, 01:50 AM   #72
Senior LCF Member

Managed my carbs at 26 yesterday.

The momster called me last night, crying. She had eaten blueberry cobbler. I told her we aren't perfect and we're going to have slip-ups. I told her she had to forgive herself and move on...tomorrow is a fresh new day!
Old 04-25-2014, 01:22 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Carb count was 43. The hubster had a huge container of cashews from Sam's that I though he might need help with.

I was just about 1500 steps from my 10,000 daily goal. It was so windy today, I felt like Dorothy trying to get home!
Old 05-14-2014, 04:03 AM   #74
Senior LCF Member

I keep gaining and losing the same three pounds. I can't be trusted off of induction, so I'm sticking with it for a while until I get back under 150. One problem I have is that the corner ice cream store opened! I walk the dogs and then I stop there for a treat!

I'll change my route...

GNC has a great commercial with a guy setting his treadmill to "stroll" and then to "leasure". It cracks me up every time! But the message is:

BEAT AVERAGE

Do you ever get that feeling that you just don't excel at anything? I do. I'm not really bad at anything(except singing, maybe)but I'm not really good at anything either. I quit too easily. If something takes too much effort, I don't like it. I tried scrapbooking, spent a lot of money for some mediocre pages. I took piano lessons for three years before giving up. I don't know what the problem is

I want to look good. I want to apply myself. I want to:

BEAT AVERAGE

Old 05-28-2014, 03:41 AM   #75
Senior LCF Member

Planted my garden yesterday. It's mostly tomatoes! I love making homemade salsa and just having fresh tomatoes whenever I need them. Plus I've got sweet and hot peppers, cucumbers and watermelon, my favorite fruit. They have gotten so expensive, like all other groceries.

I grilled cauliflower on the grill and it turned out so good! I just brushed with olive oil and sprinkled a little garlic salt. Apparently, my two doggies loved it too because when I went to take a shower - they somehow got them from the top of the counter and ate the whole thing! I don't know how they did it, as I did not have the plate close to the edge...

Two bad girls did not get dinner
Old 06-04-2014, 03:57 AM   #76
Senior LCF Member

Go Me!

I did the Color Vibe 5 K this past weekend. You can run or walk, I tried to run for the most part. It's not timed, so no pressure. You wear a white t-shirt and the volunteers throw different colors of powdered paint on you. My husband went with me and we had a blast. It was a gorgeous day weatherwise too.

I do have a cheat day every week(that is, unless every day turns into a cheat day!)so we decided to order pizza. I ordered an extra large because I usually like to have leftovers the next day but I left all the overs for my son! That is huge for me!

I fired up the grill and made salmon and roasted cauliflower.

Old 06-15-2014, 02:47 AM   #77
Senior LCF Member

Biggest Loser

Finished the Biggest Loser 5K today. Fifth in my age group, woohoo! Walked with my cousin and beat her by .1 second, so I got my braggin' rights

We got to meet Bobby from last season and he looks so good and is so nice!

The weather was great and we finished in 46 minutes, so the plan is to do it next year and beat that number!

Then the hubster wanted to go out for ice cream, who can resist Coconut Joy made at the local dairy? Not me!!!

Old 06-21-2014, 04:49 AM   #78
Senior LCF Member

My girlfriends' boyfriend broke up with her. This is the 5th bf in just as many years. Every time, she asks me, "What is wrong with me?!" And I honestly say "I don't know" She's a young 51, slender, smart & funny. She so wants to get married and live happily ever after. It's just frustrating for me because I'm the shoulder to cry on with no good advice. She's got a good job, owns her own house...one kid but he's grown and lives in another state.

And this is the second guy she thought was "the One".

I didn't know how to cheer her up so I suggested a road trip and here I am hoping I didn't make a huge mistake! The plan is to get mani-pedi's, play tennis and eat sushi. It will get her mind off her misery but only temporarily.

Old 07-09-2014, 04:11 AM   #79
Senior LCF Member

My friend and I had a good road trip. Not the best but it was good to get out and get her mind off things.

She brought her two dogs. It was good in a way because she made sandwiches with huge pretzel buns and they got most of my pretzel bun! If she noticed, she didn't say anything...