Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2014, 06:36 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: becky123abc
Stats: 205/199/160 5'5.5"
I feel almost normal...it's so hard to make a dr's appointment...because what I'm feeling is really not that bad...but if it gets worse, I will call. I just feel like he'll want to prescribe me something...and i don't want to take anything.

I slipped yesterday...so I took down my "days eating clean" count... I ate mini snickers, twix, etc bars...a lot of them! And then we went out and I had crab cakes & a baked potato...and lemon pie...

I did feel pretty nasueous during the night...i took a couple of Zantac and I'm hoping I learned my lesson!

I had scrambled eggs this morning...back on the straight and narrow!

I haven't had coffee since Saturday...i may try a cup and see if I'm ok with it. I really miss it!

I do need to try the tea you all mentioned...I like to take a while to slowly sip a hot drink...

I have the Wheat Belly 30 minute recipe cookbook. I think I need to change up from just eating meat & veggies...so I need to try something new...

Sandy, Lola & Susan, I hope you are having a great day!
becky123abc is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-2014, 08:23 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Sandy1
Stats: 165/149.4/140's
WOE: One day at a time
Start Date: February 1st 2014
Your slip sounded totally amazing lol....as I was reading it I was imagining all the little lovely bars covered in that chocolate.....and your dinner sounded so wonderful....still you are back on the wagon, so well done you for getting back on, it would have been so much easier for you to have just one more slip day.....
I agree with you changing up your food will help, just meat and veg gets very boring after a while and I bet you don't even fancy it half the time, so that is a brilliant idea, let me know what you come up with.
Sandy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 02:35 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

I was tempted to dip back into the mini candy bars this afternoon...but instead I drank a huge glass of water...and now I'm sipping on coffee with diet Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate stirred in. The sweet craving has passed....'''whew!"
The author of Wheat Belly has a cookbook of recipes that take 30 min or less to make...I may try some of those...

I'm very dsyfunctional in the kitchen...I feel like that's an area in my life I'm a failure...my DH & 3 sons are very picky...and do not want to try any kind of mixed foods...(casseroles, quiches, etc...) They are very basic meat & potatoes (fries) type...

So any cooking I do will be for me alone...

It feels good to be back on the wagon. I just can't have slip ups like that very often, because of my history...I know what is most likely to happen! And that scares me!
Old 02-11-2014, 10:48 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

You did really well not dipping back into that bag of chocolate...which made me think that you still have some in the house...oh the temptation of it....I am not sure I could resist to be honest if there was a bag of chocolate in the house, so you have a lot more willpower than me, would it help if you got one of your sons to take them away just so they are gone....it must be so hard when you still have your sons living at home and having to cook normal meals for them, plus I am sure you work as well which makes it a bit harder as well....I hope you don't think of yourself as a failure in the kitchen, you have kept your three sons and hubby happy for years with your cooking and they love your meals....the only reason I have got a bit more experimental is that all the kids are married and gone and now I am totally bored....I really hope you have a go at some of those new recipes in that book, you will have to let me know if any of them are any good, I think you will enjoy playing around with something new and it will break the boredom and keep you going....now you just have to find the time lol.
I am glad you are back on the wagon though and who knows your slip up day might have triggered something in the next day or two to get those scales moving again.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:53 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Garden
Stats: 176/144.8/Skinny (5'4")
WOE: LC/LC
Start Date: 12/12/11(restart)10/02/13
I agree with Sandy! It's hard to feed the others in the house and not consume the same foods. Branch out and try those recipes! They may surprise you and enjoy something different. If not, offer the chore of providing the dinner to them! They'll surrender that chore to you I'm sure. I made the most enjoyable oven roasted veggies last night. Cauliflower, zucchinni, yellow, orange, red pepper, onion, salt, pepper, olive oil, butter. Chopped up, mix it all up, spread out on cookie sheet.
Roast in 425 oven for about 25-30 minutes to get everything tender and yummy! Meat was boneless pork chops. Yummy!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:52 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Well, Garden & Sandy, I've promised that I will be honest in this journal...so I have to confess that I blew it last night...with pizza (boys left behinds...first I ate the toppings...then the top layer of the crust...then the rest...my historical fall! Then I got in the chocolate bag! All that's left now is the chocolates I don't really like...so HOPEFULLY I will not go there again!!

It's a bad place to be...I've got to learn not to lose it like that.

So far, so good today. We're about to go to a basketball game and then straight to church, so I won't have much time to eat.

I had some snapshots made today...and I really like the fact that my face isn't as chubby as it was at Christmas. So, if I want to keep it that way, I HAVE to get a hold of myself...that was a nice reminder! It's up to me...

Susan, the veggies sound so good!! I have problems overeating...I have to learn to portion it out!

Sandy, thanks for the pep talk! You both are so sweet! I'm so glad we're all LC friends!
Old 02-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

I am so glad to read that you haven't given up...when I first started reading your post I thought that is what you were going to say, so that was really good to hear, I don't know why it made me laugh when I read about you eating that pizza, I think it was because I could imagine you doing it lol...and then you got into the chocolate bag, it was kind of funny though.....so yhea all the chocolates have gone, that's what you needed.....but honestly if there was pizza in my house I don't think I could resist it either, I would be picking at a bit here and a bit there, I know I would eat the lot lol.
So a new start for you now, I bet you will find the scales up a bit but from all the reading I have done on this board I notice that it only takes a day or two for someone to get rid of the one or two pounds from when they had a cheat day, and in some cases it seemed to get their weight loss going again.
I love your new picture, it makes you look younger, and you look so skinny in the photo as well...I am sure I will speak to you tomorrow, have a good night and so glad you got rid of those chocs lol,
Old 02-12-2014, 05:20 PM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Oh, you are beautiful, Becky. I loved your old avatar (in fact it was what attracted me to your blog...somehow you just looked so sensitive and artistic) but I agree that the new photo is so very lovely and as Sandy said makes clear your youth and your weightloss.

I too am currently struggling with an inexplicable desire to overeat. Don't know where that came from and I am trying to get back on track. But it's been difficult. It is comforting to realize I'm not alone in the struggle.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:40 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Beautiful new avi! I love it! It made me smile! Such a happy face!

Funny on your honesty about the pizza! It is so hard to resist. I honestly could eat a whole pizza by myself. Love cold pizza for breakfast = Carb Heaven .

Alas.........now your little affair with the seductive chocolate and pizza is over. It may have been exciting and fun while it lasted, but you need something more reliable and solid in the long run.
Garden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 02:31 PM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Aw man, I wrote a nice long entry this morning and when I hit "post Reply" it disappeared because the page was too old...or something like that!

I'm back in the saddle...my two days off didn't hurt too bad...I was back at 187 this morning. I feel like I must have been doing something wrong before my "fall" -- because I was having a hard time getting below 187 again...

I dunno...it's such a long and winding road! Just when you thing you've got it figured out, a turn comes and surprises!

I was clean yesterday, and I feel good and in control today. I got a can of almonds from my secret valentine at school...and probably ate a few more than I should have...but that's not that big of a deal!

Thanks Susan, Lola and Sandy for the compliments and encouragement! It's so nice to have kindred spirits here on LCF!

Susan, you are right, I had my fling, but I know that's not a place I can stay!

Are you all eating anything special for Valentine's Day? I'm not as tempted by the chocolates since I had my fling Monday & Tuesday. My poor hubby...it's hard for me to know when I'm being good or not!
Old 02-13-2014, 03:09 PM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Now it is going to be interesting to see if you have a nice drop in the next few days, I have heard different things about people having cheat days and then after a few days back into it they have a whoosh.....isn't it a bit like the Judd diet, I don't know to much about it really but it seems they have carb days and then low calorie or low carb days, something like that anyway, and most of the people on it seem to lose weight....anyway keep us posted and hopefully this is what will happen to you in the next few days.
I agree it definitely is a long and winding road lol, especially if you are stuck in a stall....but the good news is that you are back on track again and it could cause a whoosh....my fingers are crossed for you that you start moving on those numbers soon as I can feel you are getting discouraged....but that's what we all here for, to pick you up and dust you off and get you going again lol.
My food for valentines day is awful, left over roast pork (I don't really like pork) but cook it for my hubby, and then boring veg, not my favourite dinner, I would like to treat myself to something nice like an atkins bar but I have put myself into two challenges to keep me motivated....so nothing nice for me...how sad...what are you having?
I love what Lolagetz wrote about you....she said you look artistic and sensitive....ahhh I wish someone would say that about me lol.....but I have to admit its true, its kind of what got me writing back to you....aren't we all a funny lot.

Last edited by Sandy1; 02-13-2014 at 03:11 PM..
Old 02-13-2014, 04:25 PM   #132
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Hi Becky I just got on for the first time this week I think and found your lovely picture. You look so slim. I love it.

Also don't knock your self too bad I just did 4 bad days. I have got home late every night and have ate every thing but the cats. I don't know what is wrong with me. So see you did not do as bad as me.

Have a great day. Judy
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Sandy, I love your sense of humor! It's fascinating to read someone else's words and think, "That sounds JUST LIKE something I would say!" --I can relate to so many things you've written!

In 2010--when I was super strict for 6 months and lost around 55 pounds, it seemed to come off easier...and I did not exercise at all. (I'm not proud of that...I should have exercised...I would have toned up more and maybe maintained better. Anyway, this time around it's just not coming off...I guess because I'm 3 years older...I need to get a movin'---

I did wake up this morning craving the broth I had made last week. I have a new crock pot of broth going now. I have plugged it up in the garage because the boys thought it stunk up the kitchen pretty bad! Actually, it did stink...I've read the beef bone broth stinks more than the chicken bone broth. I'm still learning about bone broth...I'm not sure how long you drink it before you see some results in skin, hair, or joints...

Sometimes the night before, I can "feel" if I'm going to have a loss...but I don't feel it...I feel sort of heavy...but who knows, I'll sure take that whoosh anytime!! I hope you have one too.

I love your avatar pic too...your hair & smile are so pretty! I love to put a face with a name! I can relate to wanting to hold out before treating yourself. I've told myself when I get back into the 150's -- I'm going bra shopping! haha

Hi Judy! Sounds like you've been very busy! I'm glad you didn't eat the cats!! It's hard when something like that comes up...and you're doing the best you can just to get through it all! A 4-day break shouldn't hurt you too bad...but for me, it can lead to another2 or 4 day break in a week or two...and that's what scares me about myself! Let's be strong!

Tomorrow is the big day of chocolate! I plan to be strong and resist any treats the children might bring. Maybe in the morning, I'll have some extra fat...maybe some bacon or butter in my broth (or coffee).

I'm so glad the weather has warmed up here...of course we don't have it near as bad as the states north & northeast of us...but for Mississippi, it's been a cold, dreary winter. Tomorrow it will be in the high 50's and sunny! That will help so much. The little children at our school haven't been able to go outside and play much this past two weeks...they NEED that outside time! (So do their teachers! )
Old 02-14-2014, 02:54 AM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Valentine's Day Becky! I'm sure the kiddos at school will be happily handing out their Valentines today and chocolate will be everywhere! It's gonna be hard to resist!
Old 02-14-2014, 03:58 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Unreal that you lost 55lbs in six months, that must have been incredible...I think you are right when you said you need to get moving....I hate exercise, I joined a gym, I did go a few times but I totally hated all of it, I even tried a personal trainer who was giving a freebe for an hour, I thought he was trying to kill me...that was enough for me and didn't go back......Do you think your body is just used to all the same bits of moving around you do every day, its like your body has got used to it....so now you have to do a little bit extra, do you like dancing, could you put some music on in the kitchen and dance, I did three songs the other night and then the scale moved....so I think you have to think of something, like a walk up a hill, or walking five times up and down the stairs, I will think of allsorts to do rather than exercise lol...I love walking but it won't stop raining over here, so I am resorting to dancing to my three songs a day.....anyway I think you have to re think things as it is really discouraging to not see those scales move....I am so glad to hear the sun is going to shine for you today......send some over here as I am going to send the whoosh fairy to you and Becky when I have finished with her lol.....have a great day and don't eat to many of those chocs.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:42 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Valentine's day was great...the kids at school were so excited. You know around Christmas--the celebration is spread out for a couple of weeks...but Valentine's day is so concentrated...BOOOM! EXPLOSION! Hyper kids all day long full of sugar! haha

I started TOM late THursday night...so yesterday I was pretty wiped out...we had a nice early dinner at Chilli's...I'm not proud of what I ate...but I did enjoy it!

I'm back in the saddle today...I can't forsee a reason to be off plan anytime soon...I just hope my self-control & Self-discipline will kick in enough to get some momentum behind me!

It's a lovely day here...sunny and in the high 40's...low 50's. My main task today is getting about 7 baskets of clothes folded and the house in some kind of order! What a crazy week it's been!

Love to you all!
Old 02-16-2014, 05:02 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

Considering I indulged Friday --a 1 lb gain on the scale is not too bad. But then I think "I had gotten down to 184--and while I was ON PLAN, I got up to 187! What is up with that?!!?"

Oh well, it's a great weekend. And what's even better, school is out tomorrow for President's Day! Yay!

Friday night, I had this yummy flatbread pizza...and brought half of it home. Last night I scraped the toppings off into my scrambled eggs. It was SO GOOD. (AND I threw the crust away...didn't eat a smidgen of it! yay me!) I need to look into adding a few yummy things to my scrambled eggs. I do like eggs a lot.

I will finish preparing my second batch of bone broth today. I Think I cooked this one better than the first...it smells better anyway...maybe because I'm using the same bones and they were nice and cleaned off from the first batch.

Everyone have a great day!
Old 02-16-2014, 05:27 AM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Sunday! Try some salsa on your eggs! Yummy! I'm up to 159 - up, down, up, down.......... Happy for tomorrow's day off also.
The sun is out, but it's 28 degrees! Brrrrrrrrrrr!
Old 02-16-2014, 10:42 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: windygap
Stats: Ex:166/136/130
WOE: Atkins now doing JUDDD and lowcarb
Start Date: April28,2013JUDDD start June 16' 2013
Hey there Becky, Happy Sunday to you. Yes no school tomorrow. You can sleep in. Good for you . You only ate 1/2 Friday and then thru the crust away yesterday. YOU DID GREAT. I agree about the kids Friday only we had 3 to 4 inch of snow coming down in the middle of it all. No fun getting them home. We slid a lot. I was a nervous wreck by the time I got home.

Hope you do great today! Love Ya Judy
windygap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 11:58 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

That's great you only added on a pound, I wonder if sometimes mixing up your diet now and again is a good thing,....you did really well taking the topping off that pizza lol, I think I would have eaten the whole thing...but that's me totally no willpower lol.
Brilliant that you have an extra day off, I hope the sun comes out for you....your bone broth sounds lovely, I still have to get round to it, I wonder what I do with all my time lol.
Old 02-16-2014, 05:01 PM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

I wonder about that too Sandy...

Windygap, I can't imagine driving a school bus...much less driving one in the SNOW!! Do you have monitors on your bus? Or do you have to watch the kids AND watch the road? I really can't imagine...

We ate out after church at Ruby Tuesday's. I had a salad from the salad bar and their spaghetti squash marinara...it was very good...but I was very full. There may have been hidden carbs in there...I went through some pretty serious sweet cravings when i got home...but I drank some broth a couple hours ago...and I'm ok now.

I may have some coffee before I retire for the night.

Windyg, are you off work for President's day? I hope so... Our public schools are not out, but the private schools in MS are....yahoo!

I'd love to get one of those meters to see to what level of ketosis I'm in...but I don't want to spend the money...I use the ketostix every now and then...but since I ate off plan Friday night, I know better than to test till probably Tuesday.

Every now and then I like to use the stix...

Jimmy Moore is really into being into Nutritional Ketosis...sounds like there are so many benefits...

Susan, salsa on the eggs does sound good! I'm sure you'll get below that 159...enjoy your day off tomorrow!!
Old 02-17-2014, 06:28 AM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Have a great day Becky! Glad you were able to conquer the sweet cravings!
Old 02-17-2014, 11:37 AM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

My second batch of broth looks delicious but tastes gross. It was darker in color...and didn't gel...and didn't have a fat layer on top to skim off...but I did strain it 3 more times using coffee filter and mesh strainer...the first broth I only strained once using just the mesh strainer.

Maybe if I add butter and cream it will taste better?? I probably won't experiment too much more with broth...I burn out easily!
Old 02-18-2014, 02:53 AM   #144
Major LCF Poster!

Bone broth - never made it. Is it worth the time and effort?

We have sleet falling from the sky now! Yuck!
Old 02-18-2014, 02:59 AM   #145
Major LCF Poster!

Morning Becky, hope your day is a good one.
Old 02-19-2014, 03:25 AM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

How are you doing Becky? Hope all is well!
Old 02-19-2014, 07:00 AM   #147
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Low Carb Mommy
Stats: 175/118 /New wt. 153/123/115
WOE: Atkins & Watching Calories-Starting over
Start Date: September 2006/2014
Stopping by to say hi!
Low Carb Mommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 07:38 PM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Hey friends! I've been good today...hoping to see a loss in the morning.

I splurged a little at the gas station and bought a small bag of dill pickle flavored pork rinds -- AND a very small bag of jalepeno flavored almonds... I usually try not to eat snacky foods but the only other thing I had was a chicken breast with a slice of cheddar cheese on top. And I had 3 cups of coffee throughout the day.

I got home from church tonight and weighed...the scale said between 187-188...and "usually" I'm about two lbs lighter in the morning...but that's not always the case...

I sure would like to get back down in the low 180's!

We're supposed to have some rough weather tomorrow...strong winds. But probably nothing like Sandy deals with ! The weather folks have really been talking it up though.

I need some new food inspiration. I need something yummy, but not TOO yummy!! I really have issues with wanting to continue eating even when I should be satisfied...I struggle with knowing when to quit.
Old 02-20-2014, 02:54 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

Its great to see you are eating good.......I hope those scales did come up lighter for you today, you deserve to see a drop, we all need something now and again to keep us going....
I hope your weather isn't to bad, I hate the wind so hope its not as bad as they are saying..... here on the island we just have rain, rain and more rain lol.
I wish I could help with the food inspiration...how about prawns.....I think I mentioned that as its what I seem to be wanting lol..
Hope you have a good day.....
Old 02-20-2014, 03:17 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Hi! Becky! You are doing well! I am not! Having trouble concentrating on good choices .