LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Outlander1974
Stats: 275.4/270/165
WOE: Atkins Inducton and EFLW
Start Date: 12/1/2013
Healthy By 40!

Hi. This is going to be my journal where I document what it took to go from 275 to 165. I've just posted in the newcomer's area, but i'll repost it here as well. Thanks for reading!

Hi! I've been a lurker here for several years, but I'm really ready to get going on this program for the final time! I don't want to be fat and 40! So I've got 7 months to give this program everything that I have!

A couple of things that I'm doing differently:
Bought a Chest freezer to I can cook extra
Chop up lettuce on a weekly basis so I have a salad ready at every meal
Bought a Fryer so I can learn how to fry foods appropriately

I'm a single person, no kids, but I work in an extremely stressful industry, and have had a really difficult time sticking to any diet. I've stocked up at both Sam's and Costco, so I feel that I'm really ready to start this for the final time.

The most significant thing I've learned through my many previous attempts is:

Fail to Plan, Plan to Fail

I have to have multiple food options around the house at all times, or else I'll just go eat out and cheat on my WOL.

I'm also struggling with the lack of potatos with my steaks, but will hopefully get a cauliflower recipe that I can live with soon.

I'm going to start posting pictures of my meals in the journal section tomorrow, so check me out there.

Thanks so much for all the information people post here - its been a lifesaver!
Outlander1974 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
Junior LCF Member

Cooking - A Love/Hate Relationship

I usually love shopping for food (and shopping in general, for that matter). My problem has come from translating the raw food into dinner. I tend to buy too much for what I can realistically cook in the next couple of days. Also, my kitchen always ends up a disaster zone after I start batch cooking, which makes it hard to stay on plan. I get a couple of recipes done, and then I'm too wiped out to clean up (anyone else had this problem?). I also tend not to exercise on the days that I cook. Unfortunately, I can only really lose weight when I'm eating correctly 100% of the time and exercising an hour or more a day. I thought that not working would really allow me to get the diet and exercise thing under control, but I'm still struggling with this. There is no cleaning fairy to clean up behind me, darn it!

So, I've got to learn and/or take the time to get things cleaned up so that I'm not running a day behind all the time. The kitchen MUST be cleaned out before I to bed at night, or else I can't make this WOL successful.

Before you ask, I'm not the kind of person who can eat eggs and tuna fish salad all week - I wish I was!
Old 12-05-2013, 01:39 AM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: kjwalsh
Stats: 205/150/140
WOE: low carb
Start Date: January 2013
Hi Outlander!

A cleaning fairy would be nice, wouldn't it?

I'm the same way with buying too much food and then, not just having more than I can(or should!)eat, having an ingredient I don't remember what I bought it for...

But at Sam's they have big bags of lettuce that saves on chopping and as for cauliflower, I sprayed some with olive oil and sprinkled it with garlic salt and broiled it in the oven my son said "who knew cauliflower could taste good?" LOL

Good luck on your journey, sounds like you've got a good start!
kjwalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:38 AM   #4
Junior LCF Member

Losing without Exercising?

Thanks for the encouragement kjwalsh - you're right, I just need to get more cauliflower in the oven! It does taste good!

Well - I'm officially down 5 pounds - to 273.2. Without exercising. Eating lots of butter and seafood. I guess it can be done. My goal is to get to 269.9 by Sunday - we'll see if it can happen!

The biggest thing for me is to keep up different options for my meals - I can't eat leftovers more than 2X or 3X in one week.

Taco Salads, Greek Salads, Caesar Salads, Blue cheese Salads, and Fried Chicken Salads (using parm and pork rinds), need to be my mainstays. I also need to get some Curry and Italian options in there as well.

I've got an interview this afternoon for a new job, so I'm getting ready for that.

Thinking of adding some low-carb cheesecake and some egg-type muffins with a tiny bit of apple and nuts in it to my diet -- I need to at least make & freeze them so I can start eating them after induction.

I'm really wanting to stock up on as many recipes as I can, especially different types of quiche-type muffins. But, as I've mentioned in previous email, I find cooking extremely draining.

I'm scared to death of what will happen once I have to go back to work and pack breakfast, lunch and dinner 5 days a week. I'll have a 2 hour commute. Fun!

The good news is that I have a month to prepare - if I bake and freeze one recipe every two days until the end of the month, I'll have enough low carb food to last me until July!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 12-05-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on the weight loss!! Woohoo!

check out the recipe section, there's a "Big Mac" salad that even my hubby loves and also...cheesecake balls(lots of variations), which I bag up in 2's and throw in the freezer. By lunchtime they are thawed and yummy

Hope the interview went well
Old 12-06-2013, 08:42 AM   #6
Junior LCF Member

This is actually working so far!!!

Today's weight: 272.8
Yesterday's Food Log:
Br: 2 Sausage Muffins
Lunch: None
Dinner: Greek Salad with Salmon and Feta Cheese

Late night snack: 2 string cheese and 2 slices american cheese

Wasn't very hungry yesterday (Awesome! that's why I love this diet!) And I had a mid lunch appointment, so I just skipped lunch. TOM is here, so I'll probably stall for 4 days, but hopefully won't gain. Still planning to get some exercise today, but it may be a yoga video at home, as it is sooooo cold outside.

kjwalsh - I'll take a look at the cheesecake balls recipe - sounds good. I just opened a huge can of pumpkin, so some sort of pumpkin cheesecake recipe is in my future! I love whopper salads! Thanks for posting!
Old 12-07-2013, 08:33 AM   #7
Junior LCF Member

Cleaning House

Today's weight: 272.8
Yesterday's Food Log:
Br: 2 low carb pumpkin pancakes, one egg over easy
Lunch: Chicken Taco Salad
Dinner: Crab Legs and butter (treat for Friday night)

I overdid the butter last night - I just about ate a full stick with my crab Legs! It was salted too! So I'm retaining water like crazy today.

I had a great salad for lunch - I took left over grilled chicken and baked it in the oven with Salsa and cheese for about 20 minutes - didn't taste like leftovers at all!

My main goal today is to get the house cleaned up before I leave for an interview tomorrow - although I'm hoping that the entire trip may be canceled - who wants to travel in this weather???

I really need to get to the grocery store - or at least Sam's - so I can make a couple of things to freeze today, after I get the house cleaned up. I made Paleo tortilla soup yesterday - eight servings- all going into the freezer. Now I have 8 Tortilla Soups and 8 Taco Soups ready to go - that's 18 meals!!! Who-hoo!

I'm going to try to grill today, even if it is only 9 degrees outside, so I have stuff to eat when I get home on Monday night.

I think that getting this house cleaned from top to bottom will really motivate me to get to the gym - or at least not give me the excuse to sit around here another day playing on the internet.

Still can't believe what a horrible state I've let me body get into - I've GOT to get moving!!!!!!!

Anyway, have a great day everyone!

Last edited by Outlander1974; 12-07-2013 at 08:34 AM..
Old 12-07-2013, 06:30 PM   #8
Junior LCF Member

When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade!

Left my garage door opener in my closed garage - spent the day outside standing around in 9 degree weather trying to get it back up. Ended up having to break in through the door, so now I'm looking at replacing the door at $400! Goodbye, new flat screen tv!

However, I still stuck to my plan!! Didn't waver at all! However, I'm still dealing with a pretty bad headache (from the lowered carbs). Two days from now I will be at a week during atkin's induction - no cheats! My new job starts Jan 6, so I'll have 1 month to get my act together.

Tomorrow I'll be cleaning house and going to the grocery store. I will cook up some chicken stock for several soups I hope to cook and freeze this week.

Monday, I will cut up more lettuce, and get to the gym. 1 hour per day! No excuses!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:44 AM   #9
Junior LCF Member

Still hanging in here!

Weight: 273.2 (+.4)
Yesterdays Meals:
B-3 Pumpkin pancakes (low carb)
L-Chicken Mexican salad
D-Blackened Talipia with cheesy broccoli and side salad with feta cheese

Disappointed about the weight gain, but chocking it up to TOM and too much cheese last night. I probably had 7 -8 ounces, even though we're supposed to stay at 3-4. Sometimes it's discouraging how tightly I have to live within the plan to lose weight.

Still no exercise. Spent the entire day on the garage issue and cleaning the house, which I'm still not done with. Planning on finishing that up today, and then hitting the grocery store.

On a brighter note, I didn't have to take my trip this week, so I can really focus on getting through my my first two weeks on Aktins!

I'm hoping that the fried fish I had last night had nothing to do with my weight gain, except for maybe the extra salt in the blackening powder? It's really hard to have a weight gain when you've been 100% on the low-carb portion of the diet, and no late night eating.

But I know I'm not really going to get anywhere without exercising my heart out - but I'm too scared (and tired) to start this without feeling really comfortable with my food plan. The Constant Struggle!!!

Plan for today:

Finish cleaning the house
Go to Sam's and Walmart
Get to the Gym for exercise

Last edited by Outlander1974; 12-08-2013 at 06:46 AM..
Old 12-09-2013, 06:12 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Have to exercise - Every Day

Today's Weight: 273 (-.2)
Yesterday's meals:
B-3 Pumpkin pancakes low carb, 2 eggs over easy
L-1 porkchop, 1/2 turkey sausage, salad with blue cheese dressing
D-1 porkchop, Feta and parm cheese over salad with tomatos and peppers

I feel so much thinner than what the scale says! Sooo Frustrating! This is where I usually give up, since I feel like I've made a huge effort to follow the plan, no desserts, no off-induction eating, and still no weight loss. I thought my TOM water retention would release today, but it hasn't.

Only solution: work my butt off at the gym. Boy, does that suck! But it wil move the scale, guaranteed!

Yesterday, I went and grilled steak, asian chicken breasts, porkchops, and turkey sausages for meals this week.

I also went to the grocery store to buy salad fixings, and other stuff. I want to try to make the following this week to freeze:

1. Quiche Lorraine (2X)
2. Broccoli -Cauliflower Soup
3. Italian meatballs
4. Greek meatballs
5. Tangy meatballs
6. Linda's Deep Dish Pizza
7. Chicken - Onion Quiche

I think once I have this made and available, it will make the diet much less boring. And then I'll have so much frozen, I'll be able to really concentrate on exercising. That's the plan anyway!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Outlander, you are doing a GREAT job. Your weight loss thus far is impressive and your meal plans look great. I really admire your commitment to getting this done as well as your work ethic and organizational skills. You just have to be a little more patience. Unfortunately, our bodies take their own sweet time when it comes to weight loss so you need to be a bit Zen about it. Hang in there -- more weight loss is coming your way!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:55 AM   #12
Junior LCF Member

Today's cooking day!

Thanks GailyGal - I really want to get this weight off of me now! You're right, I need to be more patient!

Weigh In:274.2 (+1.2)
Yesterday Meal:
b-2 eggs, 2 pieces of bacon, pesto
l-chicken breast, miso dressing
d-steak, shrimp, crab, butter

Badddd day yesterday. Let's just say it involved cheesecake Which is really sad, since I make great low carb cheesecakes, and the cheesecake I ate wasn't really that good.

I did exercise hard for an hour at the gym, but as usual that backfired on me because it lowered my inhabitions when faced with an off-plan dessert. And I ate way to much butter at dinner. No control at all - for some reason I think that I can eat anything after I exercise!

Normally, I would just give up now and start stuffing my face with rice. But I'm not going to do that this time around.

It was just one little bump. Not the end of the world. The Miso dressing is also very salty, so that didn't help either.

Today is cooking day! I'm spending the whole day in the kitchen, cooking and freezing food. I'll try to post some pictures later today. Having more food options at hand, without any additional cooking, will really help me (I hope!). Getting sick of the same thing every day really is one of the biggest problems in Atkins. Variety is everything.

I'm challenging myself to 30 days at the gym - but I'm going to wait until my cooking is done - probably sometime late afternoon or tonight.

Last edited by Outlander1974; 12-10-2013 at 06:59 AM..
Old 12-11-2013, 06:54 AM   #13
Junior LCF Member

Back to the beginning....

Today's Weight: 273.2
Yesterday's meals:
B-Low carb cheesecake, 3 meatballs
L-Chicken with asian dressing, salad
D-Chicken thigh meat with BBQ sauce and sour cream
Exercise: 1 hour walking at gym

So, I ended up spending most of the day cooking. I make 3 different low carb cheesecake muffins: Lemon, Chocolate, and Lime. Froze them all. Next time, I will fill the pan up to the top, because I always forgot how much they deflate when the cool. I also made two types of meatballs: Linda's low carb meatballs and Katyn's Kitchen greek meatballs and froze them. Then I put stuff to make chicken broth in the crockpot and got that done as well.

Today, I'm planning on make different types of quiches and freezing them, and maybe two more cheesecakes - coconut and pumpkin. Also want to make a taco bake and Linda'as deep dish pizza.

Lots to do today - I still really want to hit 269.9 by Sunday!
Old 12-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #14
Junior LCF Member

Exercising at night?

I'm beginning to think that exercising at night may be the best thing for me. I'm usually dog tired after I've finished exercising (pretty much useless for the rest of the day, zero energy), so at least I could go straight to bed afterwords. I'll have to think about it.
Old 12-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #15
Junior LCF Member

No cooking today!

Today's Weight: 272.4 (-.6)
Yesterday's meals:
B-3 eggs, butter, cream
L-Asian salad with Chicken
D-Halibut with Pesto Sauce, tomatos and cucumber salad

Yesterday, I made to Quiche type muffins: an Onion and cheese quiche and an Bacon Swiss cheese - 24 muffins total.

I am done cooking for a while - at least until I grill again on Sunday. I still have to prepare my salads today, but that's it. I did buy a big thing of chicken from Sam's, so I'm going to freeze half of it, and make the rest into low carb fried chicken on Friday.

I didn't get to exercise last night due to some work issues, but I will be getting it done tonight. I really want to be out of the 270's by Monday.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:45 AM   #16
Junior LCF Member

Painful Headaches

Weight: 273.2 (+1)
B-none
L-taco salad
sn-peanut butter and celery
d-taco soup with sc, cheddar cheese and avacado
Exercise: none

Did not feel good yesterday at all - had a painful headache that kept me in bed for most of the afternoon and evening. Didn't really get anything done - but I do have a new job! That's great!

I didn't feel like breakfast, and skipping probably led to the headaches. NOT FUN. I broke down and ate 1/4 cup of peanut butter, thinking that I just needed more calories, but it didn't seem to help. I'll do better today. Also going to work out tonight, and hopefully get back on track.

Thinking a lot about whether to incorporate protein shakes into my diet. I think it would be good to have something else quick and reliable to drink when I don't feel like cooking or even being in the kitchen. On the other hand, the low carb one's that I like tend to be very expensive. But the more I think about it, I think I may be better off with them than without.

The Saga Continues! Still shooting for 269.9 by Monday.

Thanks for reading.

Last edited by Outlander1974; 12-13-2013 at 06:46 AM..
Old 12-13-2013, 07:03 AM   #17
Junior LCF Member

Two weeks of Induction coming to an end

..On Monday. Three more days...I'll obviously be on an extended induction phase until the majority of the weight is gone, but I am going to try to add nuts and protein powder to my diet next week. I feel like I need them to stay on the diet for the long haul. Everything else should stay the same. Honestly, unless I'm exercising at least 1 hour a day everyday, this weight isn't going to melt off on it's own, no matter how much cooking I do. I just have to get my blood sugar to work correctly with the exercise, or else I get horrible headaches.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:41 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Congrats on the new job!

Good luck this weekend, you can do it
Old 12-14-2013, 05:44 AM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

So sorry that you were not feeling well -- hope you start feeling better soon. And congratulations on your new job! You are really preparing great food, meal plans and workout schedules so you are bound to succeed with your plan!
Old 12-14-2013, 06:24 AM   #20
Junior LCF Member

Yes for Exercise

Today's weight: 272.4 (-.8)
Yesterday's meals:
B-eggs and one sausage
L-Asian chicken breast with stir fried veges
D-Broccoli with bacon, sour cream and butter; 2 lbs crab legs

Thanks everyone for your encouragement! I think I'm moving in the right direction now! Exercise really does make all the difference! I'm going to start weight lifting today. And going to the gym early - look's like I'll have to do this because of my job anyway. My other goal is to start packing my lunch and dinners just like I will when I start working. I think that getting the routine down is half the battle. I'm also starting to focus more on getting the fat up in my diet, not just the protein. I really think that that will make a huge difference for me.

I'd like to make a low carb pizza to freeze today, as well as finishing off the ground beef I've bought by making tangy meatballs. We'll see if I can get it all done - I just bought a new gaming console (360) so I'm also working on setting that up. Lots to do today!

Old 12-15-2013, 07:50 AM   #21
Junior LCF Member

slow loser

Weight:272.0 (-.4)
Exercise: walked one hour
B- eggs
L-bunless italian sandwich -didn't eat much of it
D-broccoli cheese soup- low carb
Dessert- choc low carb cheesecake

I think I'll be lucky to loose 2 lbs a week, even with exercising 1 hour a day. Going to the grocery store to stock up.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:22 AM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
You have been incredibly organized about planning so many meals in advance and very diligent about doing all that cooking and freezing. That will make meals much simpler in the future especially given the long commute you mentioned. Is your commute an hour each way for a total of two hours or a two hour commute each way? I am really impressed that you are managing to get in exercise at the gym on top of all else you are doing. Did you decide on a schedule of evening exercise or are you sticking with mornings?
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 09:41 AM   #23
Junior LCF Member

It's a two hour commute

LolaGetz,

It will be a two hour commute (starting in January), but I'm not working right now. That's why I'm trying to stock up now. Thanks for the complement though!
Old 12-16-2013, 06:43 AM   #24
Junior LCF Member

A new day!

Weight: 272.2 (+.2)
Yesterday's meals:
B-2 cheese sticks
L-taco salad
D-1/3 fajatas without any carbs
Exercise: shopping?

No exercise - no weight loss!!

Well, I didn't reach my goal of 269.9 by today - that sucks, but I didn't exercise yesterday, so I'm not surprised.

3 weeks until work starts back up. I've decided to try to mimic my work schedule so it won't be so difficult when I start back up again. However, I'm already running late!!!

I'm going to try to switch my exercise back to first thing in the morning. I just don't think I'll have the will power to go to the gym at 7:30 at night after work. I have a small gym at my apartment complex, and several trails to walk around the area, so I have a multitude of places to go. Just have to get a good hour's walk in.

I also want to start up weight lifting this week. I think I could do a lot of good in the 3 weeks with it. I'll get it going this week - I thought I would do it at the gym, but I'm too intimidated to get in the weight lifting area with all the other people. I think I can work something out at home - I have an exercise ball and weights. Just need to do it!

Starting to get concerned about Christmas. I can reverse all the hard work I have already done by one bad meal. I'm going to take up a bunch of egg and cream cheese muffins for breakfast and to snack on. I'm also thinking about making some soups to have on hand, as well as salads. Hard boiled eggs wouldn't be a bad idea either. My brother and sister-in-law are doing paleo, so that should help.

My shipment of protein powder should get here this week, and I think being able to do smoothies in the morning will really help.

Anyway, off to exercise!
Old 12-17-2013, 06:23 AM   #25
Junior LCF Member

Cauliflower Pizza!

Weight: 271.8 (-.4)
Yesterday's meals:
B-2 bbq chicken thighs
Lunch - taco salad (made too much threw 1/3 of it away!)
Dinner - Cauliflower pizza with romaine lettuce and ranch dressing
Exercise: 50 minutes walking outdoors

Finally tried the cauliflower pizza - not as difficult as I though it would be! And I got the crust to come off the pan without destroying the pizza. However, I wiped the top of it down with Olive Oil from Sam's (which is not very good), and it gave it a weird taste. However, I also found a new way of making Cauliflower rice in my vitamix, which is really great and easy to do - I actually liked to eat the "rice" plain with some butter on top of it! Revolutionary! I did use fresh,not frozen cauliflower, so it probably had a more mellow taste that the frozen stuff has, which I usually use. Still, will be so great to make Shrimp fried rice with this!

I was scared that all the cheese in the pizza would stall me out today, but it didn't. Hopefully I will actually make my goal of 269.9 by Monday.

Going shopping today with my Mom - will be out and about - will try to get back home for lunch.

Also, I got my Xbox set up in the living room yesterday - I ordered a bunch of fitness type games from Amazon, that should get here tomorrow. Hoping to have a lot of fun with these later this week!
Old 12-19-2013, 06:16 AM   #26
Junior LCF Member

Downward - march!

Today's weight:271.6
Yesterday's meals:
B- 2 low carb cheesecakes; 2 pieces of bacon
L-Low Carb taco soup, sc, cheese
D-3 oz steak, 3 chicken wings, blue cheese dressing, one low carb choc cheesecake, 3 TB peanut butter with celery

I pigged out last night - it wasn't pretty. Had another headache all afternoon - I think I need to add some carbs at lunch. Also, I didn't exercise yesterday.

I guess I'm still trying to figure things out. I have 2 1/2 weeks before I go back to school, so time is wasting away here!

I ordered some protein powder on line, and they haven't shown up yet - that is dissappointing. I still want to do more cooking before I go back to work - I found this recipe using protein powder to make chocolate donuts - sounds great!

Old 12-19-2013, 12:14 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

You are doing great and your meals look divine!
Old 12-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #28
Junior LCF Member

Friday is Here!

Today's weight:
271.6 (+.2)
B-Eggs
L-Taco Salad
D-Salmon, salad
Snack-2 sugar free English Toffee snacks; 3 tb cream in a Diet Root Beer float
Exercise: walked 50 minutes; 13 minute yoga

Grrrrh! I thought I'd have a big loss today. I think the English Toffee held me back. No more of that! I was really snacking last night - didn't feel really "full" I think it was the salmon. Just didn't do it for me. I think I need to start exercising in the evenings as well - maybe not as intense as in the morning - but something.

I guess the days of waking up 3 lbs lighter are over!

Thanks for your encouragement Gail! It really helps!

Last edited by Outlander1974; 12-20-2013 at 07:02 AM..
Old 12-21-2013, 03:59 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
Someone on another thread pointed out that our bodies naturally have a fluctuation range of 4 lbs. so that as long as the scale isn't consistently moving upwards a little bouncing around is perfectly normal and nothing to get concerned about. You are doing so well overall.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 09:11 AM   #30
Junior LCF Member

Soooo Tired

Weight: 271.2 (-.4)
Yesterday's meals:
B-2 small low carb cheesecakes
L-1 1/2 sirloin cheeseburger, 1 cucumber in 1/2 cup mayo with vinegar and splenda
D-1 lb steamed crab with butter; cauliflower fried rice

I feel like I'm going through induction again - but I don't know why? I overdid the exercise on Thursday, and I haven't felt good since. I didn't do anything yesterday - just sat on my behind all day - and now I'm down .4! I think I'm going to just stick to walking for an hour a day until I get 20 pounds down - I just get too weak and tired when I do anymore than that. Disappointing

Starting to think about how I'm going to survive Christmas - I'm going to go to Costco today and stock up on coconut oil so I can make some fat bombs; also going to make some coconut haystacks (how great is it that I get to have these on this WOL!!) Also thinking about taking some sausages up to my family so I have those to snack on as well. I'm also making some apple-egg breakfast muffins. The amount of apples are so small (each muffin is 4 carbs total), that I think the apples will be worth it. If I have time, I'm going to make a low carb pumpkin pie. Lots to do on Monday!

I'm having a sweet potato delimma - thinking about having 1/2 one during dinner so I don't feel so left out - maybe just a ounce. I don't want to kick myself out of ketosis, but I think a planned cheat is better than going crazy in front of all the food!

I'm slowing buying up everything I'll need to stay on this diet long term - coconut oil, Carbquik baking mix, a good deep fryer, other sweeteners like Swerve and Stevia. Also bought a meat cleaver - can't wait to us it on chicken wings!

If anyone has a deep fat fryer, could you tell me how often you use it? And what oil is best? I bought a huge thing of canola oil, but now I'm thinking that peanut oil would be better? I'm sort of scared to actually use it!!! But I can't wait for low carb fried chicken and chicken parmigana (sp?).

Off to enjoy the day!