LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #31
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Outlander1974
Stats: 275.4/270/165
WOE: Atkins Inducton and EFLW
Start Date: 12/1/2013
It takes time - not exercise

I'm writing this as a note to myself that I'm not one of those people that can just exercise the weight off - it is going to take time, not exercise. Now, I'm not saying that I shouldn't walk one hour per day; I'm just saying that I would never make it on The Biggest Loser!!

Just keep on plan and stick one foot in front of the other. Even if you only lose 50 pounds next year (that would be around 4 pounds per month). You will feel SO MUCH BETTER with 50 pounds off than you do now!!!!

Also, the more weight you lose, the easier it will be to exercise.
Outlander1974 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2013, 06:58 AM   #32
Junior LCF Member

Sooo close...

Weight: 270(-1.6)
Yesterday's meals:
B-2 choc low carb cheesecakes
L-Halibut with cheezy broccoli
D-1 cheeseburger;diet root beer with 3 tb cream
Exercise - nothing

Haven't exercised in 2 days - now I lose weight? So confused!!! I am thinking about cutting my exercise down to 1/2 a day- maybe I won't feel as hungry. Now I am officially down 8 pounds in about one month (I lost 3 lbs in November, before I joined the board). I still feel like I've got induction flu.However, I'm really going to drink water today - double my usual 4-5 bottles of 16.9 water and see if that does anything - Also going to start start my Christmas cooking. I already have lunch planned - more halibut and broccoli, so it should be a pretty easy day. Except for the cold!

Good luck everyone!
Old 12-24-2013, 07:29 AM   #33
Junior LCF Member

Surviving Christmas

Weight: 270.8 (+.8)
Yesterday's Breakfast: 2 quiche muffins, 1 cheesecake
Lunch: nothing
Dinner: steak with butter
Exercise: nothing

Really missing not exercising, but for some reason can't make myself do it. Hopefully I'll feel better after the christmas craziness is over.

I want to get into the 260's so bad!! So close but so far away!

Why must the holidays be so difficult? I had a major meltdown last night - but I didn't take it out on a binge.

It didn't hit me until yesterday how difficult it really is to be unemployed during christmas - it is not fun.

Just trying to make it through the next 3 days - but when I get home, my protein powder will have arrived, and I'll be able to make low carb doughnuts! Can't wait for that.

Also, I bought a deep fryer, and I can't wait to actually use it!

I tried to make the low carb Cheesecake factory cheesecake from the recipe room, but I did a water bath, and some of the water leaked into the crust - gross! I'm not taking it with me.

Nothing usually goes right for me the first time I make a recipe!! Anyway, I had better get going.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 12-25-2013, 03:13 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
And Merry Christmas to you, dear. May the New Year bring you happiness.
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:18 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
An eight pound weight loss in one month is excellent. Congratulations! Sorry that your holiday was a little rough but it will be better for you in the new year when you start your new job. You are moving on to bigger and better things!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:10 AM   #36
Junior LCF Member

I'm Back!

Today's weight: 270.8
Yesterday's meals:
Breakfast: eggs in butter with cream
Lunch: steak salad
Dinner: Crab legs with Kerrygold butter
Dessert: New York style low carb cheesecake!!!
Exercise 1.5 hours hiking in the mountains; 1 hour shopping

Good news: did not gain any major weight over Christmas. Due to low carb, was able to resist homemade cookies, chocolate candies, and cake. I kept to low carb eating all week, except for one morning when I had a paleo/apple breakfast cassorole that had raisins and apples in it. However, I view that as a minor slip. Also exercised 3X over the week, for over an hour each. I left my family's home early yesterday so I could go to Costco and stock up on low carb goodies. I bought Kerrygold butter for the first time, and love it! I've been reading about it for years, and it really is worth buying!

Bad news: Still not below below the 270 mark. Really disappointed in that. A couple of issues that I'm dealing with:

1. Exercising: it is really, really hard to exercise more than 4 times a week for me. Those are usually 4 hard, hour long walking episodes, but it isn't enough. I have to get up to 6 days in order to see real weight loss. Haven't been able to get there yet. Which is really scary because I start my new job on Jan 6th, and I'm going to have all the reasons in the world not to exercise. To combat this, I'm going to do the following: get up at 6 am every day this week. Get the exercise down first thing, unless it is a weekend and I'm going hiking somewhere. If I can't do a full hour, I'll do 1/2 hour.

2. Weight lifting: it has always had a great benefit for me. Got to get that going this week.

3. Logging my food into *****. I have always sucked at this. But I might be missing something I'm eating that is not helping the WL. Also, I do still struggle with portion control - this will help with it!

4. Taking pictures of my meals. I think a visual representation of everything I'm eating will help me see all the options I have to meals when I get frustrated, and also help control portion sizes.

5. Packing lunch and dinner this week. I have tons of bento boxes and the like. I'll be at work for lunch and dinner, so I'm going to pack up my meals this week just like I'll be doing when I go back to work - this will help me make sure I'm getting the calories and food to make me successful.

6. I have diabetes. I was just diagnosed last summer with a A1c of 8.0. Metformin didn't do a thing for me. My doctor has now put me on Glucozide. She didn't give me a testing kit or anything - I think she wants me to get used to a new method of eating and not get overwhelmed by the testing yet. But I'm going to get a testing kit today. I'm still getting horrible headaches - I know that are due to diabetes. I'm also thinking about cutting my medication back now that I'm doing low carb. I really need to get into my doctor's office - I'll see if she is around next week.

7. Drinking lots of water - I need to be drinking at least a gallon of water a day. Getting there!

Well, enough about me. Thanks for the encouragement everyone!
Old 12-29-2013, 02:44 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Your meals yesterday all sounded so delicious to me. And it seems as though you are very organized and have a good plan for moving forward. I'm impressed.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #38
Junior LCF Member

Cooking Day

Thanks Lola - I'm trying!

Weight: 271.2 (+.4)
Yesterday's meals:
B- Don't remember Is that bad?
L-Taco salad with ground beef, guac, sour cream and cheddar cheese and ground beef

D-8 shrimp with low carb cocktail sauce

Dessert - Low Carb New York Style cheesecake

Today is cooking day. I've spent all weekend shopping and now I've got a full day of cooking ahead of me. My goal is to do another round of cooking that will keep my freezer full until March!

My plan is too make the following:

Salisberry Steak -freeze

Italian Sausage Soup - freeze

Red Pepper Soup - freeze

Meat for taco salads - freeze

Beef vegetable stew - freeze

Taco Bake - freeze

Baby Back Ribs

Salads

Dressing

Beef Broth

Chicken Broth

Chocolate - coconut candies

low carb peanut butter cookies?

We'll have to see how much I get done!
Old 12-30-2013, 07:42 AM   #39
Junior LCF Member

7 Days until work starts!

Today's weight: 270.8 (-.4)
Yesterday's meals:
B-2 sausage egg low carb muffins
L-Broccoli cheese soup - from the freezer!
D-Taco Salad
Exercise: none. Does standing in the kitchen for 6 hours count???

Well, I got less than I thought I would get done yesterday (shocker). I did get 2 crockpots of chicken broth going, and 1 beef broth, which I left going overnight. I jarred up 9 jars of salad (if you haven't heard of this, go to saladinajar.com) and chopped up 8 lbs of chicken wings for freezing. Also riced two heads of cauliflower to use later this week.
Today's plan:

1. Make tiki malasa and butter chicken in a crockpot.

2. Make sausage soup.

3. Finally use my deep fryer to fry up chicken and cube steak for chicken fried steak.

4. Possibly make some type of cajun soup.

5. Make some low carb desserts/chocolate stacks/fat bombs and freeze for later.

Get some exercise!

Have a great day everyone.

Last edited by Outlander1974; 12-30-2013 at 07:45 AM..
Old 12-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #40
Junior LCF Member

Exercising - must be done!

Today's weight: 272.4 (+1.6)
Yesterday's meals:
B-2 sausage egg muffins
L-3 hot dogs, salad with 3 tb feta cheese; 3 tb mozz cheese, 1/4 cup Olive garden salad dressing; large piece of cheesecake
Dinner - salad with caesar dressing; 1/2 an avacado
Exercise: None

Not how I wanted to end the year...but I really think it is water weight. I haven't had a hot dog since I started this WOL- let alone three. Also, the Olive garden salad dressing is full of salt. I had already grilled them before I realized that they had 4 carbs per hot dog! Not good!

I did not feel good at all yesterday. I was on my feet all day Sunday. I took a rest day yesterday.

My plan for going to the store once for the month is running through a couple of speed bumps. I'm running out of time. and space.

I'm thinking of getting an upright freezer and put it in my study. It sounds ridiculous for a single person to have 2 freezers in one 1100 sq foot condo, but I would rather be thin and embarrassed than fat and go back to eating out. My fridge is really small.

Going to get the weight lifting thing going today if it's the last thing I do.

I found a couple of interesting weight loss blogs yesterday. Spent a good part of the afternoon and evening reading back through them. Frankly, they are very scary. Both of these women have lost an incredible amount of weight, but both are struggling daily to get the food and exercise in. Still.

One of them has a full time job and spends all her time outside of work cooking!! Just like me. I hate that. But that's the way it's going to be.

Although, I thought I had done a huge amount of work on Sunday to prepare for this week, and look what happened to me this morning.

Exercise makes me feel so much better! Even with the very small amount of weight I've lost, walking for an hour is so much easier! Why do I always resist it?

Anyway, I'm weighing the cost of the second freezer against what other things I could be spending the money on: a vacation, new clothes, a personal trainer. I just want things to work for me, so that when I get home, tired from a frustrating day at work, I don't have to guess at what is for dinner.

I wish I lived in another world, where I could focus on either exercise or food, but not both at the same time. That is really difficult for me.

First world problems, right? I should be so thankful for what I do have. Anyway, I already think that today will be a better day.
Old 01-07-2014, 04:14 PM   #41
Junior LCF Member

I'm Back!!!!!

Today's weight: 270.2
Yesterday's meals:
Breakfast: eggs and butter
Lunch: Salmon with veges
Dinner: Everything!!!

I can't believe it's been a week since I updated the blog. Getting used to going to work! I didn't get all the cooking done that I wanted to next week - a cautionary tale for me to not get overly crazy buying things at the grocery store.

I did make some curry chicken and low carb chocolate donuts on sunday, and they've been helping me out keeping to the plan this week.

I was really bored at home, so I'm glad I have new projects to work on. I've been adding a little bit of rice to my meals (usually 1/4-1/2 cup). This may have slowed my weight loss, but I seem to be a much happier person!

I haven't exercised since last friday, but I hope to get going on that tonight.

That's the latest!
Old 01-08-2014, 05:43 PM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Hi, Outlander. Glad you're happy to be back in the work groove. I totally understand the difficulty of keeping on track with meal planning and prep on top of a long work day.

Right now I'm in a quandary because it is already 8:30 p.m. And my dinner (ribs) are all ready and waiting to be reheated in the microwave but I'm not at all hungry for some reason. I don't feel like eating but I'm afraid if I don't I'll wake up in the middle of the night ravenous or if not that I'll suddenly be overcome with hunger at ten p.m. Hmmm...what to do....what to do...

But part of me is very pleased by the lack of hunger. I don't know if that is good or bad.

Anyway, sending greetings and good thoughts your way.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:13 PM   #43
Junior LCF Member

I can do this!

LolaGetz - I know what you mean about whether or not to eat when you're not hungry - it can bite you in the butt either way! Thanks for your support!

I had a horrible night last night - totally binged on rice. I can't have it in the house. But I'm sort of glad I did that because it re-affirmed to me that low carb is the right path for me and that I can do it at work.

For some reason, I decided that I needed to have some rice due to work - even though I sit down all day and have diabetes??????

Luckily, I can throw all the carbs all away and start fresh today. What a blessing!

I got out and walked today for 20 minutes this morning - hope to do a full hour when I get home tonight.

My wonderful parents came over and cleaned my condo for me top to bottom - so I can get out this weekend and have fun instead of spending the weekend cleaning my house and doing laundry!

If you haven't heard of saladinajar.com, check it out! This is how I usually pack my lettuce for the week - it usually stays good for up to two weeks! But the hose to the food saver broke last weekend, so I wasn't able to prepare my salads, so I think that was a problem for me this week as well.

The good news is that my first week back to work is almost over, and I'm beginning to get in the groove of things again. Can't wait to make a low carb cheesecake this weekend!

Work can be fun, if you have the right attitude!

Have a great evening everyone!
Old 01-12-2014, 06:48 AM   #44
Junior LCF Member

Not out of the 270's Yet

Today's weight: 272.0
Yesterday's meals:
B-eggs with Pesto
L-cucumbers in mayo dressing; 1 small cheesecake cupcake
D-tinny-winnie sausages and loaded broccoli

Well, going back to work was as hard as I thought it would be. However, the first week is usually the worst. Hard to believe I've been lowing carbing for close to 2 months and I'm still not in the 260's. Hopefully this will be the week!

My goal today is to have some fun! On the weekends I can get really caught up on getting all my chores done (bills to pay, things to cook, laundry, prepping for the week ahead) and not have any fun!

If the weather is good enough, I want to go on a hike somewhere this afternoon. Alternatively, I might go to the gym and swim!

I'm on my way to the kitchen to prep for the week!
Old 01-13-2014, 11:29 AM   #45
Junior LCF Member

This will be the week!

Today's weight: 271.8 (-.2)
Yesterday's meals:
B-eggs and sausage
L-can't remember!
D-taco salad
Dessert: low carb cheesecake
Yesterday's Exercise: none

This is going to be the week I finally get down to the 260's! I spent the entire day yesterday cooking for this week - even packed up the salad dressing and snacks!

My goal is to walk for at least 40 minutes every morning before work. I really think I can make it happen unless something goes really wrong. 260's, here I come!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:14 PM   #46
Junior LCF Member

carbs do not equal weight loss

Well, I promised myself I would really make low carb work for me this time, and really stepped over the line with carbs today. I was gone all of last weekend, so I really didn't take the time to prepare work meals this week, and gave into Jimmy Johns (it's in my building) for supper tonight. Not pretty. Going to jump back on the band wagon tomorrow - No matter how much I weigh.

Last weekend was really crazy, so I haven't gotten back on my exercise routine. Hopefully I can start that tomorrow. I'm going to get up and go to the gym before work. Got to get this workout started or else I'm not going to be able to fit into my clothes!
Old 01-23-2014, 06:15 AM   #47
Junior LCF Member

Back on the bandwagon!

Today's weight: 274.2
Starting over!

OK, starting a new job is hard. Everyone knows that. Meeting new people, trying to figure the politics of the place, etc etc. So I'm giving myself a pass... Also TOM, no fun there. I'm on my way to the gym to have a good workout and get back into the groove!
Old 01-24-2014, 04:57 AM   #48
Junior LCF Member

It's Friday

Yesterday's meals:
B-3 eggs with butter and cream
L-cobb salad
d-crab legs and broccoli
snack-nuts

Back on the bandwagon - feeling so much better without all the carbs! Also got to go home early last night from work - makes getting up on friday a lot easier.

This weekend is going to be a "lay around home and do nothing weekend" just trying to get caught up and ready for work next week. Can't wait for the weekend to start!
Old 01-25-2014, 06:44 AM   #49
Junior LCF Member

Saturday is finally here!

Today's weight: 272.2
Yesterday's meals:
B-2 egg bacon quiche muffins
L-low carb broccoli cauliflower cheese soup with sour cream and cheddar cheese
D-1/2 lb hamburger in a salad with blue cheese dressing and cheddar cheese
Exercise: none

I had to work until 9:30 last night, so I didn't get home until 10:30, but I don't feel really horrible this morning. Probably because I wasn't snacking on high carb foods all day - instead i finished off a bag of pastachios. So happy to see the scale move in the other direction! Soooooo close to 269.9! Can't wait to get (and stay) there! I've got a bunch of clothes that I'm not wearing because my stomach overhangs just a little bit over my jeans in these sweaters, and I think once I'm in the 260's, that problem will be solved!!! Trying to decide what to do today - go on a walk, go to the grocery store, cook?? So many fun things to do in such little time!

I'm really feeling good about this diet this morning - I really think the key is continully trying new things so you don't get bored.

Happy Saturday everyone!
Old 01-26-2014, 08:07 AM   #50
Junior LCF Member

Getting even closer to 1st goal!

Today's weight:270.0
Yesterday's meals:
B-cheeseburger with mayo and low carb ketchup
L-Panda express - Angus beef and kung pao chicken with veges
D-Antipasta salad
Dessert-root beer and cream

This week starts my 4th week back to work - I feel like I've got more control over my life now than I did 3 weeks ago. So I'm feeling more confident that I can sucessfully work atkins.

I've got a ton of things to get done today:laundry, housekeeping, bill paying, going back to the grocery store to get the stuff I forgot to get yesterday. Also need to pack up my lunches and dinners. My kitchen is still a huge mess, so that alone will take some time. And I really want to go for a walk,because it is such a beautiful day here in colorado, and get started on weight training too.

However, I FEEL so much thinner already, that I think I'll have the energy to get though I what I need to get done today.

Hopefully this will be the week I finally see 169! Can't wait for that!!!!!!
Old 01-27-2014, 08:28 AM   #51
Junior LCF Member

What a set back

Today's weight:
B-eggs
L-trout with salad and mashed cauliflower
D-mashed cauliflower (3 servings) low carb crab dip; lots of yellow tomatos
Exercise: standing all day cooking!

I pretty much just ate all day long yesterday while cooking. Although it was all low carb food, I think I just ate too much. Also, I haven't exercised in a week - not good. I have to get on the ball on that today. Going to the gym tonight.

I stayed up waaaay to late last night - why do I do that to myself??? Starts the week off really bad.

Got to go and pack my lunch!
Old 01-27-2014, 05:32 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Staying up too late on Sunday night may be a common thing, I think. Sometimes we all rebel a little...just don't want the weekend to end. I know that I'm like that...didn't get much sleep last night either. Hope you have a good week.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:34 AM   #53
Junior LCF Member

Back to Work!

Today's weight: 270.6

Yesterdays meals:

B-cheesecake
L-grilled trout and mashed cauliflower
D-fried chicken tender salad
D-more cheesecake!

I ended up staying at home yesterday because the weather was so bad where I live. Feeling much butter today, but I need to get going.

Hopefully will hit 269.6 this week!
Old 01-29-2014, 05:20 PM   #54
Junior LCF Member

Need to Exercise!

Today's weight: 270.6
Yesterday's meals:
B-eggs and sausage
L-fish with Mexican salad
D-Italian sausage and peppers
Snacks-crab dip and cheesecake!

I'm not going to get into the 260's until I start exercising! Why can't I get that through my head!

At least I'm not gaining (much). Classic delimma: going to a client meeting tomorrow. Do I go exercise beforehand? Or do I just let another week blow by without exercising.

Check in tomorrow to see what happens!!

My mother came over to my house while I was at work today and cleaned up the place - that is always a great incentive to go exercising - but not going to get it done today!
Old 02-02-2014, 10:11 AM   #55
Junior LCF Member

Trying again...

Sometimes the world seems determined to knock you down every time you try to stand up and get just a little bit ahead. Starting a new job, the weather, everything seems determined to keep me off track. Staying on any diet is so hard when all you want to do is go stuff yourself with pasta at the nearest Italian restaurant. But I don't because going back isn't an option. Even though I didn't meet my goal this week, several good things happened:
1. I had to go out for lunch several times this week - I STUCK TO THE PLAN
2. People brought in food for snacking - I stuck to the plan
3. When I got out of work late, and didn't have any snacks - I stuck to the plan!
4. When my family decided to get together at lunch at a Chinese restaurant that is full of sugar and salt, I ate before hand and stuck to the plan.

My weight this morning was 171.4. I feel like I'm stuck here - but I know its because I'm eating to many sugar free candys. I've got to get off of them - I don't even allow myself a chance to get hungry before I'm stuffing them down my throat.

I've also come to the realization that I'm entire life can't be about food. Every meal can't be the most exciting thing you've ever had in your life. My sundays have now turned into day-long cooking sessions, where I don't get to go out and do anything - I just stay inside and cook. I won't loose this weight until I exercise and start weight lifting - which means I can't be cooking all the time. I have to have enough drive to see this through - or else it is all over for me.

So, the plan for this week is:

1. Salmon Caesar salad
2. Taco Salad
3. Pepper Quiche
4. Chicken wings with side salad
5. Steak and mashed cauliflower
6. Steak salad with blue cheese dressing
7. Greek salad with chicken, olives and feta cheese

That should last me the whole week!

I'm starting my 5th week at work - I have two more months on "probation" before I start getting benefits. Starting to think of what would happen to me if they decided not to keep me. Scary.

I'm in front of clients a lot more - I have to look really nice all the time - I've never put that as a huge priority in my life before. I'm spending more money on clothes even though I'm making less money now. It's sooo hard to buy clothes when you are overweight.

I really want to get to the gym today - I pay $45 monthly, and I haven't used it at all since I started back to work.

Well, better get busy!