Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2013, 08:58 AM   #31
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Stick to your guns, Olivia. You want to take care of your body and take charge of your health. You can't make your SO eat better --only he can do that. Plus you are doing really well and already seeing great losses.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-10-2013, 09:47 AM   #32
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Numbers are looking great, lady!

Unfortunately we can't make them join us, and sometimes it means we go solo.. I'm in that same situation, altho' DH is extremely supportive of my chosen lifestyle which makes it easier for me somehow. Maybe your other half will come around when he sees how great you are doing. He's a big boy, don't be afraid to let him fly on his own... when he sees you enjoying the fabulous offerings that is low carbing, he'll be dying to get back to it!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:04 AM   #33
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LolaGetz
Stats: 135.5/128.5/128 5'9"
WOE: Lower carb/ More fat
Start Date: Sept. 2013
I'm on a solo mission too, Olivia, and I want to let you know it can work out just fine.
Often he does his thing and I do mine but we also both eat some of the same things (fish, steaks, avocado and salads). It arranges itself fairly smoothly. I did smile to myself the other evening when DH told me he was having soup with his meal, rather than his usual potato or rice side, because as he put it "I thought the soup would have fewer carbs". Can't tell you how much that tickled me (and pleased & surprised me). So you and I will lead by example, Olivia, remembering always that 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink'.

Last edited by LolaGetz; 12-10-2013 at 10:05 AM..
LolaGetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
My DH follows along, unless he doesn't feel like it.. It's tough, but you need to set your boundaries. My worst time is when I am *trying* to be good or it's a fasting day and he comes up with something like "let's order a pizza!".. UGH!

Great job on the loss Olivia!!
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:42 AM   #35
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by GailyGail View Post
Stick to your guns, Olivia. You want to take care of your body and take charge of your health. You can't make your SO eat better --only he can do that. Plus you are doing really well and already seeing great losses.
Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Numbers are looking great, lady!

Unfortunately we can't make them join us, and sometimes it means we go solo.. I'm in that same situation, altho' DH is extremely supportive of my chosen lifestyle which makes it easier for me somehow. Maybe your other half will come around when he sees how great you are doing. He's a big boy, don't be afraid to let him fly on his own... when he sees you enjoying the fabulous offerings that is low carbing, he'll be dying to get back to it!
He is very supportive of this woe. He know it works...and he's seen proven results. He is gluten intolerant and this woe fixed alot of his issues. I talked to him about this a bit ago, he said he was just soooo hungry that he had to eat. Understandable, as I was also. He just has no patience sometimes. eghh...men! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by LolaGetz View Post
I'm on a solo mission too, Olivia, and I want to let you know it can work out just fine.
Often he does his thing and I do mine but we also both eat some of the same things (fish, steaks, avocado and salads). It arranges itself fairly smoothly. I did smile to myself the other evening when DH told me he was having soup with his meal, rather than his usual potato or rice side, because as he put it "I thought the soup would have fewer carbs". Can't tell you how much that tickled me (and pleased & surprised me). So you and I will lead by example, Olivia, remembering always that 'you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink'.
I do have to admit that while he is at work he will make wise eating choices. He will order grilled chicken breasts and veggies from the the cafeteria if I he forgets his lunch. When first introduced this woe of eating to him in 2009 he laughed at the thought of no bread with dinner, no potatoes or MR.GOODBARS (his weakness at the time). I would make our meals and he would eat what I made but after dinner he would reach for his stash (which he eventually gave up) or while at work he would drink full carb rockstars or monster energy drinks. I finally got thru to him that while he was eating OP he was defeating the purpose by sneaking off to jack in the box, drinking those sugar drinks and eating candy bars. It took him 2 weeks to break the habit and once he started losing steadily I sold him on this woe. I know how to keep him on track...but like you said, he has to want it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipgal View Post
My DH follows along, unless he doesn't feel like it.. It's tough, but you need to set your boundaries. My worst time is when I am *trying* to be good or it's a fasting day and he comes up with something like "let's order a pizza!".. UGH!

Great job on the loss Olivia!!

This is another thing that keeps me falling apart. There are 5 of us. I have DD15 , DS12 (his son that Ive raised since he was 2.5) and DD6. I cook LC for all of us but on days that I would like to do a complete fasting day, it becomes hard because of cooking for all of them and then I end up not sticking to my day. My oldest has expressed her concerns about being overweight. She is almost 5'11 but weighs about the same as me. She was doing well all 9th grade with keeping her weight lower playing on the high school volleyball team. She made the personal decision that she didn't want to be apart of the "catty club" anymore and didn't move on to varsity. She has about 30lbs since summer and is not very happy. I know that she wants to do this too but her head is not ready for the commitment. She makes the attempts but will then eat cereal or snack.

I know how difficult it is to feel frustrated at her age about weight. I was there too. I just need to get her to find a activity or sport she will enjoy that will get her moving again.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:46 AM   #36
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
I cook lc every day. All of our dinners, together are lc. Every now and then I will make a side dish of rice or pasta or something for the boys to have with the lc dinner. BUT, on nights when I am closing the restaurant, I will make them chicken and dumplings, spaghetti and meatballs, foods that they love that are high carb that I won't eat. They pretty much eat it all before I get home from work, and I am not tempted. The only down side is that Andrew complains that my food doesn't taste teh same now that I am not tasting it and adjusting seasonings as I go. I told him if he would like to learn to cook his high carb faves, I will help him. He hasn't mentioned it again.

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...eightress.html

greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:56 PM   #37
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by greengeeny View Post
I cook lc every day. All of our dinners, together are lc. Every now and then I will make a side dish of rice or pasta or something for the boys to have with the lc dinner. BUT, on nights when I am closing the restaurant, I will make them chicken and dumplings, spaghetti and meatballs, foods that they love that are high carb that I won't eat. They pretty much eat it all before I get home from work, and I am not tempted. The only down side is that Andrew complains that my food doesn't taste teh same now that I am not tasting it and adjusting seasonings as I go. I told him if he would like to learn to cook his high carb faves, I will help him. He hasn't mentioned it again.
Temptations suck right now for me still. It will take me another week or 2 to fully get over the Carb wants.

How old are your boys?
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:59 PM   #38
Major LCF Poster!

Amazed

Is all I can say about how I'm feeling towards this woe again. On my last journal you would see me pop in and "talk" about getting back in gear or I would post for a day or 2 and disappear.

It's been 10 days today( 3 were not feeling well) and that's the longest I have stuck to my guns in a very long time.

I want this badly.....I want to feel better....I want to be healthier....

Change happens over time so I know everyday is a journey to making this happen.

So onwards and downwards I go!!!
Old 12-10-2013, 02:07 PM   #39
Major LCF Poster!

I found a recipe for Chicken meatball soup with a chicken stock/tomato base. Looks deelish. Original recipe states 25net carbs but lists bread crumbs as a binder and it called for orzo or other small pasta to fill.

Instead I will use a small amount of flaxmeal to bind meatballs, chopped carrot, zuchinni and spinach in the soup.

It looks so filling and perfect for a cold night. I did plan on taking some of the soup on the side and adding some star pasta I have for the kids...to at least make it a bit more hearty for them. Also making a salad to go with it.

I will post later on how it came out!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:38 PM   #40
Major LCF Poster!

The Italian meatball soup came out superb!! Everyone loved it and is now on my menu planning list.

Walked over an hour today but am a bit behind on my water. I need to finish up another 30 oz before I go to bed.

Good night everyone!
Old 12-11-2013, 03:34 AM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Your soup sounds delicious; it is wonderful that you were creative enough to adapt a recipe so as to make it more LC. And I am very impressed by all the walking you do. I wish I could be inspired enough to get more walking in but I always seem to find some excuse to avoid it. I just need to jump in and start doing it every day so it becomes a habit I no longer need to think about. Seeing other people who incorporate walking or some other form of exercise into their daily routine reminds me that it is certainly possible to be more diligent about it.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:21 AM   #42
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: dipgal
Stats: Unhealthy/healthier/healthy!
WOE: 5:2 Fast Diet as LC as possible
Start Date: This time: 11/17/13
Yum on the soup... and Lola - ditto about the exercise... *sigh*
dipgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 10:16 PM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

Getting into the habit of walking is hard. I figure as long as I'm making baby steps then eventually big hops.

I walked about 35mins today. Maybe. I feel like I'm in complete ketosis today. Headache, hot flashes and the breath thing going on. I had to take 2 tylenols earlier just to be able to function. It's either ketosis or I stopped a ugly migraine from coming on.

Well today was a HC day for me. Not in a bad way though. My sister finished her RN program and had her pinning ceremony today. I was beautiful! I am so proud of my sister and all she has gone thru to make her dream come true. The speeches were so heartfelt, I couldn't help but tear up many times.

Upon meeting up with her, my nephew (5) walked up to her while I was talking to her by myself and said mommy I know you have a baby in your tummy tell me please. She was very puzzled at the question he asked and then he said mommy just tell me if you have a baby in there. I looked at her and said marie, are you pregnant? She said yes, 10wks. I just busted out in tears. She's been wanting another child for soo long and it took her almost 4yrs of trying to get pregnant with my nephew. Her timing was perfect ...I'm so happy for her in every way possible.

We did end up going to a thai food place after and I had one of their soups even though it had glass noodles in it. I just sipped the broth and ate the veggies and meat. Im making sure I drink alot of water before I go to bed to help flush any retention out.

12/1.....268.6
12/2.....265.4
12/3.....263.8
12/4.....264
12/5.....xxx
12/6.....xxx
12/7.....xxx
12/8.....xxx
12/9.....265.2
12/10...261.8
12/11...261

I wouldn't doubt a bump for tomorrow.......
Old 12-12-2013, 07:11 AM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Big congrats to your sister for achieving her dream and for her pregnancy. How exciting!

Great job getting the walking in...beginning anything is the hardest part and once we get going it does become easier..you're doing great, don't doubt anything positive you do as not enough.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:51 AM   #45
Major LCF Poster!

Dani ....Thank you luv!

I'm very proud of myself for staying on the right track. Things can be very hard in the beginning.

Well, as anticipated I did bump back up. That's ok. I'm sticking to this not matter what!

12/1.....268.6
12/2.....265.4
12/3.....263.8
12/4.....264
12/5.....xxx
12/6.....xxx
12/7.....xxx
12/8.....xxx
12/9.....265.2
12/10...261.8
12/11...261
12/12...263.2 (too much sodium I'm sure)

Not worried at all because I know that this is temporary and will come back down by tomorrow or sat for sure.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:44 AM   #46
Major LCF Poster!

Wooot WOOOT!

Back in the 50's.

12/1.....268.6
12/2.....265.4
12/3.....263.8
12/4.....264
12/5.....xxx
12/6.....xxx
12/7.....xxx
12/8.....xxx
12/9.....265.2
12/10...261.8
12/11...261
12/12...263.2
12/13...259.4

Onwards and Downwards!
Old 12-13-2013, 08:58 AM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

OMG....SO I threw some hwc in my mug with a splash of SF toranis and a tsp of CO and used my hand blender to whip it up. Poured my coffee in and its so rich and thick.

HEAVEN!!!
Old 12-13-2013, 10:04 AM   #48
Blabbermouth!!!

Your ability to drop weight is astounding I would pass out from shock if I dropped like that!

Your coffee is almost near a BPC.. all you need is the butter and omit the hwc So good!
Old 12-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Just like Danielle, I'm astounded...totally blown away. How do you do it? Seems like magic to me. Wonderful and impressive progress for sure, Miss G. Now if you'd only wave your magic wand and sprinkle some of that fairy dust on the rest of us...!
Old 12-14-2013, 11:34 AM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

Almost did it!

I was a bit unnerved last night dealing with crud here at home. I was almost tempted to take a couple of shots of hard liqueur. I kept thinking about it but didn't give in because I knew it would bump me back up and possibly make me give into other temptations. Wanting this weight to come off is more important then a momentary emotional indulgence.

Instead I brewed a small pot of coffee and got caffeinated instead. Phew!

Rewarded again for my hard work.

You don't even know how proud I am of myself at this point. It's been a long time since I've made it this long on strict low carb.

I would always make low carb foods but would end up eating other carby things that made no sense. At out if I wanted and ate junk just because. Defeats the whole purpose if I'm sabotaging myself.

14 DAYS

Woot Woot!
Old 12-14-2013, 11:40 AM   #51
Major LCF Poster!

Results for 2 weeks!

Just adding beginning weight to the mix:

November 27th I hit my all time high and snapped..lol

11/27...273

12/1.....268.6
12/2.....265.4
12/3.....263.8
12/4.....264
12/5.....xxx
12/6.....xxx
12/7.....xxx
12/8.....xxx
12/9.....265.2
12/10...261.8
12/11...261
12/12...263.2
12/13...259.4
12/14...258.2

So I've lost 14.8 lbs since Nov. 27th.

10.4 lbs since Starting LC on Dec. 1st.

!!!AMAZING!!!
Old 12-14-2013, 02:57 PM   #52
Blabbermouth!!!

Look at you go, you're melting!

Just remember, ducking out of drama, even temporarily will never solve anything...it will always be waiting for you on the other side. Smart girl that you are held strong and dealt. So proud of you. Honoring your promise to yourself is the best gift you could ever give to YOU.
Old 12-17-2013, 07:21 AM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Olivia, you are doing great! I agree with Dani - so proud of you for holding it together during the tough times, acting like a mature, level-headed adult.
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 09:58 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

11/27...273

12/1.....268.6
12/2.....265.4
12/3.....263.8
12/4.....264
12/5.....xxx
12/6.....xxx
12/7.....xxx
12/8.....xxx
12/9.....265.2
12/10...261.8
12/11...261
12/12...263.2
12/13...259.4
12/14...258.2
12/15...DNW
12/16...DNW
12/17...260.2

It's been a busy couple of days. Hectic early mornings and rushing lead me to forgetting to weigh in the morning. Sunday and yesterday. Also due to all of this I havent kept myself hydrated. Bumped back up for now. Even though I know this is temporary.

I still feel great AND my pants are feeling loose on me. I was suppose to measure on sunday and forgot to do that too.

So I will be doing that in a few and posting. I really am gauging my non-scale victories over the lbs lost this time. lbs lost are great but visibly seeing myself shrinking is better!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Old 12-18-2013, 07:57 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Loose clothes = Good for you!!!!

I am working on focusing on NSV's too...it's a hard concept for someone who has always been very numbers driven...but I promised myself when I began carb cycling that I would truly embrace the ENTIRE process---and that includes acknowledging all of the awesomeness that life has to offer, not just the scale or weight loss.

Have a great day, Liv!
Old 12-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Old 01-17-2014, 12:20 PM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

Ok..Ok....I'm here! lol.....Where else would I go!

Hello Darlings!!!

Ok...Yes, I've been MIA and no I am not making excuses....I mean who does that ...lol.

Ya...ya.... This gal has!

SOOOOOOOOOOO..........

Just to update you on my recent journey....I have adapted a new woe...LCHF (Low carb high fat)

I never really knew the difference until I joined a group on FB call LCHF. Its very resourceful and so many motivational stories. Recipes are floated around and have been able to keep my mojo going with new food ideas.

The basis to this is exactly as it sounds. Incorporating more fat then protein then carbs. Ratios. Such an intimidating word.... I myself have no mentally to do what they call "Macros" ...just can't. lol...its hard enough keeping tally on carbs.

So with that I have upped my fat (good fats) butter, Coconut Oil , avocados (yumm just by themself) marbled fatty meats and such.

I have been doing this for about 2 weeks now and had to undo the some of the weight I lost during last month. Not too excited about this drop as some of you know I had jumped head into LC eating the first 3 weeks of December. Well I gave into christmas and new years gorging . SOO I basically regained the bloat and had to shed it again.

Luckily I didn't regain all of it.

I didn't beat myself up at all for it either cause i know that there was nothing to stop me from jumping back on the wagon.

Oh, I also snuck in a day of upped carbs. Meaning a bit more leafy greens, cauliflower or pushing an extra meal for the day.

Im also learning to listen to my body tell me when I am hungry. If I am not...why push the issue. I'm eating only when I feel true hunger ....and only after the hunger pang is not diminished by drinking a large cup of water ( false hunger can be caused from being dehydrated).

When I do eat I am only eating until I feel satisfied....not til I have finished all my food. This has been easier for me to do as well since I have now switched form regular dinner plates to small salad plates.

Welp..Thats whats been going on.

I restarted on Jan 6th @ 268 - again having to redo what I had lost last month.

The last time I weighed here was on 12/17 @ 260.2

1/13- 263
1/14- 262 Up day
1/15- 264.8 ....almost made me not want to do it again.
1/16- 261.6 .....NICE!
1/17- 259 ..........UHUH! wooot.....

So ummmmmm....why havent I just really commited to this before! Tisk Tisk.

Sunday will be my scheduled up day again. Sundays and Wednesdays. I'm not scared to do it anymore. lol

Ok, just wanted to fill in whats been going on with me!

TTYL guys!

Last edited by MissG; 01-17-2014 at 12:24 PM..
Old 01-17-2014, 12:50 PM   #58
Blabbermouth!!!

Nice to see you, Liv! I'm so happy that you have found something that you can live with day in & day out. That's all that matters!

Good on you for going, going & going!! So excited for you!!!
Old 01-17-2014, 01:04 PM   #59
Major LCF Poster!

Welcome back! I was wondering where you disappeared to.
Old 01-17-2014, 09:56 PM   #60
Major LCF Poster!

Hey ladies! Thanx for stopping by and cheering me on!

Today was kinda busy.....

I did manage to keep up with my water, although I had 3 cups of coffee...Yikes!

I actually had to stop and make myself eat tonight....I had no true hunger wants.

Had 3 sausages and half of a large Avo w/seasalt.

Well....lol....I decided to go for a new "color". My smart arse decided to lighten my hair in which I completely missed a big ol spot in the back of my head! AWESOMENESS!

blugh.....I managed to squeeze the rest out of the bottle but still its noticeable. The plan was to lighten my hair a bit and then apply a product called adore in rich amber.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.....

I'm just gonna say that I look like carrot head...carrot top...whatever that guys name is. My goal was to achieve a rich deep red color. NOT! So tommorrow I will have to go back and see if I can exchange the additional bottle I bought for a the deep red I SHOULD have gone with in the first place.

Cute......oh well...lol. The perks of being your own at home stylist.

I might be so ballsy to post a pic tomorrow AFTER the fix. ...

.....Maybe.!

K....night!